PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Warden (Songcraft, Defense, Auramancy)

offshore33
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Pure theorycraft. I don't actually know what the whole Performance twisting of songs thing is going to be like. If something in Songcraft says [Perform] any other spell stops that performance, but other [Perform] songs do not (nor does Startling Strain stun.) That's why most of the other skills are passive or OH ♥♥♥♥ skills for defense.

Start as Songcraft, then Defence at 5, then Auramancy at 10.

Level 10 http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/63324

Don't worry about 2 unspent points. Mostly you'll just spam Critical Discord. Quickstep helps you and party get around faster but is a mana hog. Solo you'll want to cast Startling Strain (stun,) then spam Discord.

Level 20 http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/63327

Mostly the same as before. But now you have a teleport to escape, an expensive group heal, and a spender for your mettle (Boastful Roar will do 3000 damage when you reach max mettle which is strong at this level.) Hold onto that extra skill point.

Level 30 http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/63330

This is a big change. Before this point you were using the quest two-handed staff for magic dps. Your heals were terrible as a result. At this level you NEED a 1-handed scepter and a shield for damage and a 1 handed club for healing. You'll have to start weapon swapping, but your defense and heals will be MUCH better. This level adds a Performance based heal to use for prolonged group fights. You have Revitalizing Chear heal that uses up your mettle for and Redoubt to increase block chance in emergencies.

Level 40 http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/63342

Saving a point for later, but important additions are Bulwark Ballad for an opening performance song at start of big fights for increased party defenses, Shrug it Off to escape stuns, and Liberation to prevent being shackled or silenced (silence would kill all those expensive buffs.)

Level 50 http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/63056

This needs a minor respec in Defense. You won't need Boastful Roar at max level. But you will ABSOLUTELY need Invincibility. You'll also get your final performance song which increases party attack and attack speed, Alarm Call can cure stuns and sleeps from party, Protective Wings creates a small area of immunity to magic damage, and your range on songs is increased as well as your chance to crit with spells and heals.

End game gear would be the Stone Cloth set, I think, and a crafted Healing Club with Hasla Stamina Shield, and swapping the club for a crafted Sceptre when you are dpsing. Leveling up would probably be the caster cloth and two handed staff until you need to switch to weapon and shield. Then you'll have to buy or craft your weapons.

Huges
08-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I applaud the amount of work you put into this. Very well done sir. This class is supposed to be very good and overall ( for one of the first times in a while) I think you did a wonderful job building it all around. This build looks ♥♥♥♥ing awesome, and actually like a ton of fun. I think leveling will be a * without a solid party. but other then that ^^ lol!
I'm linking this in my guild for anyone who wants to build this build.

Bracaja
08-28-2014, 01:02 AM
End game gear would be the Stone Cloth set, I think, and a crafted Healing Club with Hasla Stamina Shield, and swapping the club for a crafted Sceptre when you are dpsing. Leveling up would probably be the caster cloth and two handed staff until you need to switch to weapon and shield. Then you'll have to buy or craft your weapons.

Why not plate armor? Not too many heals in Songcraft and perform skills do not require spirit for duration or effecency. Plate gives more survivability in pvp.

Copperfield
08-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Why not plate armor? Not too many heals in Songcraft and perform skills do not require spirit for duration or effecency. Plate gives more survivability in pvp.

plate gives more survivability in pvp? says who? plate has ZERO magic resist.

koreans abolishers run in cloth armor in pvp

you sir need to test things out first

The defense tree itself has enough passives to counter melee

stayhumble
08-28-2014, 02:18 AM
plate gives more survivability in pvp? says who? plate has ZERO magic resist.

you sir need to test things out first

The defense tree itself has enough passives to counter melee

Koreans run almost everything in cloth, cept maybe dark and prime lol. songcraft heals are still good IMO.

Bracaja
08-28-2014, 02:58 AM

This is not Korea, this is Sparta! XD
But I see your point. I don't think I will PVP that much, but I will deffinitely be a buffer/bard type of toon. but I like plate armore more, so is there any combination that works good with songcraft and plate?

FletchLives
08-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Koreans run almost everything in cloth, cept maybe dark and prime lol. songcraft heals are still good IMO.

This is correct. Watch a Daggerspell *%$@ his pants when a Darkrunner comes into arena wearing a cloth set. Good times.

offshore33
08-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm thinking of swapping Toughen for Imprison at 45ish. I'm thinking the mettle skills are less important in late game.

I'd also like to hear from Beta, Alpha, Russian, Korean players about Perform twisting. What's a good rotation? How bad is the mana drain in practice? How long exactly do you wait between casts?

Thanks in advance.

Jilliebeans
08-28-2014, 04:52 PM
basictly you want to keep all ur buff up ALL THE TIME.. as a full buffer you shouldnt have any issue with mana.

UnknownSoldier
08-28-2014, 07:41 PM
So I'm one of those players that enjoys playing support classes; the more supporty, the better. Tomb Warden to me looks like a very good option because it focuses mainly on the Songcraft, with the other two trees supporting with survivability.

My question(s) pertains to the viability of Tomb Warden at end-game. Is a mostly support class wanted over a more traditional healer? How does it fare in comparison to other similar classes (and/or healers)? Both of those questions applied to the various aspects of the game (pve, small group pvp, large group pvp, naval combat, etc)?

I've always loved playing Bard/support style classes in other MMO's, but I'm just worried about leveling one in AA and then finding out that something else is preferred.

Adalon
08-28-2014, 08:04 PM
So I'm one of those players that enjoys playing support classes; the more supporty, the better. Tomb Warden to me looks like a very good option because it focuses mainly on the Songcraft, with the other two trees supporting with survivability.

My question(s) pertains to the viability of Tomb Warden at end-game. Is a mostly support class wanted over a more traditional healer? How does it fare in comparison to other similar classes (and/or healers)? Both of those questions applied to the various aspects of the game (pve, small group pvp, large group pvp, naval combat, etc)?

I've always loved playing Bard/support style classes in other MMO's, but I'm just worried about leveling one in AA and then finding out that something else is preferred.

You can check some of my previous posts for more on TW.

You are filling a role that is considered optional. You do not technically need someone with Songcraft to do content, and if your group is smart enough to take you, you are not replacing a main healer deep in the Vitalism tree. Although when everyone has tacs down perfectly I can see them just taking a buffer to speed things up. I was a tomb warden from level 10 to 50 and enjoyed it all. Sure the leveling was hard, but so few people took it, that everyone I grouped with was shocked at how good the buffs were. One person today even asked me why I was playing the flute and not helping the group lol.

We have to show others what we can do. When they take a moment to see, they will want you along for any ride they go on.

This was my pvp spec for open world with the guild.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/55179

This makes you pure support. You can buff everyone with hummingbird, your caster friends will thank you. You have all the songs with range, duration and zeal so it crit heals for a tad more. You have mobility, anti cc and a stun/sleep of you own if someone gets too close. Defense is there to buff up your physical def.

lilshaud
08-28-2014, 10:52 PM
unless Ode to Recovery can crit heal, i dont see how zeal would help you.. considering you only have one heal with a 15 sec cd. Even on the off chance zeal procs during the healing hymn, zeal only last 6 sec's. So u still wont be able to us the zeal proc like you would want to. Why not go full buffer and just get health lift from the aura tree?

FYI, im not a tomb warden, im just curious :).

Adalon
08-29-2014, 07:12 AM
unless Ode to Recovery can crit heal, i dont see how zeal would help you.. considering you only have one heal with a 15 sec cd. Even on the off chance zeal procs during the healing hymn, zeal only last 6 sec's. So u still wont be able to us the zeal proc like you would want to. Why not go full buffer and just get health lift from the aura tree?

FYI, im not a tomb warden, im just curious :).

Ode can go critical. It may not look like alot, but an increase chance to crit on everyone makes it worth while. It heals per second, so means you will heal everyone six times during Zeal, if even 25% of those go critical, it's well spent points.

In PvE I do take health lift, but the points can be better spent in PvP situations.

Jilliebeans
08-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Zeal helps you crit your heals and when they crit they only crit once or twice.. it DOES NOT crit 6 times in a row. they mostly only crit 1 time and barely 2 times depend on your luck. I already test this heals out myself, its kinda worth it BUT if there is any skill that seems better i definitely skip it.

Adalon
08-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Zeal helps you crit your heals and when they crit they only crit once or twice.. it DOES NOT crit 6 times in a row. they mostly only crit 1 time and barely 2 times depend on your luck. I already test this heals out myself, its kinda worth it BUT if there is any skill that seems better i definitely skip it.

Very true, although I would say Zeal's value increases, the more raid members you have heh. The class itself is better suited to larger groups anyway. :)

smartcat
08-31-2014, 03:46 AM
I was going to go Earthsinger, but this looks better. Thank you for the guide.

UnknownSoldier
09-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Do you feel that Zeal and Critical Discord could be swapped out in larger group PvP?

In the grand scheme of things, in larger PvP the Tomb Warden is there for the buffs and off-heals. Damage just doesn't seem very important to me at that point. Removing points from those two skills would free up some points for more healing (rhythmic renewal), some disruption (shield slam+bull rush or imprison), or more defense (bear's vigor).

Now when soloing or in small group pvp, I could see them being used; in larger fights though I just think they clash a bit with your role.

UnknownSoldier
09-18-2014, 02:19 PM
So did anyone run with this? How did it turn out?