PDA

View Full Version : 8/25 Livestream Cancelled -- Forum Q&A Instead!

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Hi all!

Unfortunately, with everyone out at Gamescom this week, we've made the decision to cancel this week's livestream as it pretty much would have been just me.

So, instead of it just being me answering questions on Twitch... well... let's make it me just answering questions here! Post your questions below, and I'll get you a response over the next few days. I'll also update the thread so the questions that are asked are up here at the top, as well as my answers.

The Q&A

Can we have another name reset of long-time inactive chars at some point?

Celestrata: Yes, absolutely. We'll look at arranging this perhaps in the latter half of this year. Would be good to have it done before 4.0, but an effort like this needs to be coordinated well in advance so we give folks an adequate chance to log in and claim their names if they still want them.

With 3.7 being released with 4.0 in what I presume is 4ish months, is there any new content coming in the meantime?

Is there any progress on getting arena caps removed or changed so we can use Honor Points for Bruiser Badges similar to Korea's system? Or something in general in this area to make things more fun and lively, especially for streaming?

Celestrata: There's no new news on changing around arena caps or the honor point conversion, for now. Though, again, that's going to be an ongoing conversation.

We will continue to have new content coming each month, including a special event for the Anniversary, the usual Hallowtide fun in October, and the return of the Ishvara Cooking Festival in November, just in time for thanksgiving, as well as other additions.

All lvl chars will be transfered on evo correct? Including lvl one chars?

Celestrata: Yep, that's correct, all level characters will be moved to the new Evolution servers.

When is the fox mount coming? :(

Celestrata: Sooner than you may believe. :)

4.0 coming sooner than expected? :thinking:

Celestrata: Look for it towards the end of the year.

Are there going to be new fresh servers for 4.0?

Celestrata: That's still under discussion. When we make the official decision, we'll let the community know.

In the original announcement, it was stated that conflict zones would be placed in peace for the first 24 hours after merged servers reopen. Since there is now a 24-hour moratorium on placing houses and farms, has that peace period been extended to 48 hours?

And, are dominions affected by the peace period? (If you'll still be able to initiate dominions, guild leaders will probably want to get peace treaties prior to the merge.)

Celestrata: Yes, that time period will be extended to 48 hours to cover the new housing placement times.

As the peace is simply a GM enforced time period command, that means Dominions will still work as normal.

Will we ever get Korean verison of Anchoring charm instead of RU+NA/eu verison? as with switch of how weapons are made these charms not worth it anymore 9/10 times.

Celestrata: I don't forsee that happening in our version, at least not at this time.

Turambaredolas
08-24-2017, 10:12 AM
Will we ever see another reset of character names?
As far as I remember we had that at one point for inactive characters (half a year or more) under a certain level (was it lvl30?).
Would be nice to see that again. I guess evo servers will have less of a problem with that but on the other legacy servers and fresh start servers as well maybe have lots of names in use while the players are actually inactive and only tested the game for a few hours.

So please. Can we have another name reset of long-time inactive chars at some point?

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Will we ever see another reset of character names?
As far as I remember we had that at one point for inactive characters (half a year or more) under a certain level (was it lvl30?).
Would be nice to see that again. I guess evo servers will have less of a problem with that but on the other legacy servers and fresh start servers as well maybe have lots of names in use while the players are actually inactive and only tested the game for a few hours.

So please. Can we have another name reset of long-time inactive chars at some point?

Yes, absolutely. We'll look at arranging this perhaps in the latter half of this year. Would be good to have it done before 4.0, but an effort like this needs to be coordinated well in advance so we give folks an adequate chance to log in and claim their names if they still want them.

Turambaredolas
08-24-2017, 10:20 AM
Yay good news.
Thanks a lot :-)

Gamepro03
08-24-2017, 10:42 AM
With 3.7 being released with 4.0 in what I presume is 4ish months, is there any new content coming in the meantime?

Is there any progress on getting arena caps removed or changed so we can use Honor Points for Bruiser Badges similar to Korea's system? Or something in general in this area to make things more fun and lively, especially for streaming?

Plyfkitty
08-24-2017, 10:42 AM

Shaiye
08-24-2017, 10:51 AM

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkut5EjNwCA

Randomnamegoeshere
08-24-2017, 12:28 PM

romonster
08-24-2017, 12:33 PM
In the original announcement, it was stated that conflict zones would be placed in peace for the first 24 hours after merged servers reopen. Since there is now a 24-hour moratorium on placing houses and farms, has that peace period been extended to 48 hours?

And, are dominions affected by the peace period? (If you'll still be able to initiate dominions, guild leaders will probably want to get peace treaties prior to the merge.)

Thecat
08-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Will we ever get Korean verison of Anchoring charm instead of RU+NA/eu verison? as with switch of how weapons are made these charms not worth it anymore 9/10 times.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:42 PM

There's no new news on changing around arena caps or the honor point conversion, for now. Though, again, that's going to be an ongoing conversation.

We will continue to have new content coming each month, including a special event for the Anniversary, the usual Hallowtide fun in October, and the return of the Ishvara Cooking Festival in November, just in time for thanksgiving, as well as other additions.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Yep, that's correct, all level characters will be moved to the new Evolution servers.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Sooner than you may believe. :)

Look for it towards the end of the year.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:45 PM

That's still under discussion. When we make the official decision, we'll let the community know.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:46 PM

Yes, that time period will be extended to 48 hours to cover the new housing placement times.

As the peace is simply a GM enforced time period command, that means Dominions will still work as normal.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-24-2017, 02:47 PM

I don't forsee that happening in our version, at least not at this time.

Strikerouge
08-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Look for it towards the end of the year.

does this hold true for 3.7 as well, there was talk on one of the live streams about bundling 3.7 and 4.0 together?

Ceraph
08-24-2017, 04:44 PM
ravenspine wings for fresh start, when ?

AgentRed
08-24-2017, 06:45 PM
I have three questions:

1. Will there be standardization of synthesis stones?

2. When will the submarines be relooked at/buffed?

3. When will the Rabbit's foot be finally open XD

Tahras
08-24-2017, 07:33 PM
I asked for it 2 times in other thread but expicit I will ask again in this:

What is the problem to let us our personal teleports. In my case, I spend a lot of money for everyone, cuz every personal point is an old spot of one of my houses now or in the past.

For what a non-understandable reason all the other players will get the same chance as me? Isnt it fair let this player an advance wich were building at this points and spend money and mats?

Viria15
08-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Are the decisions on evolution final yet? we keep getting changes and new decisions which people have been planning for and now get screwed. the reason you weren't changing the servers to be evolved was to stop this type of thing but its still happening just in a different form. changes also need to be announced and publicized and not just part of a livestream (land lock) or a downtime announcement (character lock). there have been a number of false dates and information coming from official sources. either set it and don't change it or if it changes update the announcement with the chance

if it is set to happen it needs to be communicated with the community by the community manager in the appropriate place like the announcement thread or like a patch note thread.

Can we please have a complete list of the things that will be in place upon "evolution" that we can work with...also timing announcement would be nice. i now will have to take monday off anyway.

romonster
08-24-2017, 10:28 PM
I asked for it 2 times in other thread but expicit I will ask again in this:

What is the problem to let us our personal teleports. ....

That's actually not possible because of the way those teleports are stored in the database. They are server specific and can't be retained when you go to another server. They're not wiping them just because they feel like it. And they have answered this question previously, which is how I know that it can't be done.

Bunnyleptic
08-24-2017, 10:58 PM
When will the tricycle come?

And please tell me that you are NOT putting it in $150, $100, $50 pack(s)? :(

Orio
08-25-2017, 01:22 AM

When Judas Priest will be cruisin' in the town i guess. :)

jahlon
08-25-2017, 07:23 AM
I have three questions:

1. Will there be standardization of synthesis stones?

2. When will the submarines be relooked at/buffed?

3. When will the Rabbit's foot be finally open XD

Pretty sure we will never get the Rabbit's foot due to European gambling laws.

Dualwield
08-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Is Trion aware you are comping players with an item that is useless unless you pay cash for 4000 credits or 1650g in the game for it to be used? the Duuns Blessing by its self a useless compensation because it requires a superior red charm to be used.

- examples of possible fixes. Bound divine anchoring gems/Silver Regrade/Superior Red regrade charms.

- this feels like a huge cash grab and gold sync on TRIONS part. can I get a GM response? ty

If your plan is to make money off this merge, I think Trion has succeeded by comping Duuns Blessings. My take away is Trion planned for a huge gold sync inline with the Merges, Trion please stop putting the game economy ahead of the player's needs/wants. ty

Ollolol
08-25-2017, 08:39 AM
How are loot drop mods applied to loot?

I've been told the following:
Looter's loot drop is used
Top damager's loot drop is used
First attacker's loot drop is used
The sum of all loot drop in party/raid is used

Rainebelle
08-25-2017, 09:20 AM
I know you haven't posted any server evolution times as of yet. But will European servers be going online to put housing down on the 10th with us being 7+ hours ahead. Cos if it ends up being 11th I'm screwed.

Meridian
08-25-2017, 09:30 AM
None of this is new content.

AgentRed
08-25-2017, 09:48 AM
Pretty sure we will never get the Rabbit's foot due to European gambling laws.

SWTOR was able to work it out with their slot machines. So I don't see why Trion can't find a way to work it out.

Dualwield
08-25-2017, 10:00 AM
here I will give you an easy question. Will the marketplace be updated today? 100% sure it will.

I am just confirming someone will update us with a new cash shop item right. since you can't answer everyone concerns...

Shaiye
08-25-2017, 11:04 AM
here I will give you an easy question. Will the marketplace be updated today? 100% sure it will.

I am just confirming someone will update us with a new cash shop item right. since you can't answer everyone concerns...

i am praying to the trino gods that it will

TriopOfKraken
08-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Will you ever acknowledge that Ynystere can't be pushed to peace with a huge amount of it's mobs but Cinder can with pretty much all of them? Are you even looking in to it?

Traciatim
08-25-2017, 11:10 AM
As noted in our "Exploits and You" thread, killing alts or other characters repeatedly to farm honor or leadership to gain an advantage is not allowed in ArcheAge.

Should the team find that you have been attempting to exploit the system in order to gain honor or push characters onto the Hero leaderboards, actions will be taken against your main account and any alt accounts involved in this practice. Don't do it!

Are you actually going to do this, or are you going to do what Trion always does and say you are going to do something while completely ignoring the rampant cheating going on in your games?

Paypal
08-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Any chance we could gain some improvement in skillqueue before 4.0 hit? Or Maybe a new server for SA players?

MonolithD
08-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Do you know when the fairy wings are coming :)

Shaiye
08-25-2017, 01:12 PM

to hell with the fairy wings, i want my fox :(

doesn't look like we're getting it today

Robeus
08-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Will we be seeing the Ahnimar event any time soon?

MasiikaTalin
08-25-2017, 01:45 PM
I am wondering about those who have 3 or 4 characters on servers that are now being Evo'd together. I know there is a limit of 2 characters per server, so what happens with the additional characters? (i.e. 2 on Salphira, 2 on Ollo... becoming 4 on Conviction)

MasiikaTalin
08-25-2017, 01:49 PM
I would really really like to see pet and mount displays, like there are for the cars. Not sure a lot of people have an extra car just sitting around to be put on display, but I know many of us have several pets and mounts. Would be nice to get them out of the chests!

Shaiye
08-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Marketplace Update yet nothing was added? :questionmark:

RoaringDavid
08-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Marketplace Update yet nothing was added? :questionmark:

This

Mumbly
08-25-2017, 01:57 PM
My questions are extensions of questions asked in last week's stream about Evolution.

Will the entire map be peace for 48h or only zones that have a peace cycle?
Only zones that go through a war/peace cycle will be forced peace for the 48h grace period. These zones include:
Golden ruins
Diamond Shores
Halcyona
Hellswamp
Sanddeep
Cinderstone Moor
Ynystere
Rookborne Basin
Windscour Savannah
Perinoor Ruins
Hasla
Exception: Mistmerrow to allow Mistmerrow Battle to commence as per normal.
Can you confirm whether or not Aegis Island, Reedwind, and Whalesong Harbor are included?
If they are, does that mean there will be no Aegis or Whalesong rifts for 48h? :(
Reedwind for some reason has a peace cycle still. Just an odd zone to have it in.

How will duplicate names be handled?
How we think it will work:
1. Name priority is working on an activity basis. If you are an active player (the last 90 days) you will keep your name.
2. If more than one character with the same name is active, or are inactive, the name will fall to the character that was created first, regardless of level.
Any more information on this? Could you please clarify how the system will work on merge day, either of these methods or both?

Related to future patches: Can we PLEASE keep 5v5 arena? The naval arena is already an AFK zone in KR. It's not worth killing players over arena mobs for rewards. Just adjust the rewards for existing 5v5 arenas, and give us cross-server queue system! Add Naval Arena if you really want to, but don't take 5v5 from us.

Edwardo
08-25-2017, 03:05 PM
when will you know more information about the new skill changes happening in KR and how we in NA might provide feedback before it goes live in KR?

Tebasakidaisuki
08-25-2017, 05:07 PM
When music playing, a MIdI file is generated in the document folder.
That is, Archeage can automatically create MIDI from MML.
But why Archeage can not create Sheet Music from MIDI?
If make it so that MIDI file can be imported, do not need to create hard MML.
I know that there are many artists frustrated with MML....

Emiesha
08-25-2017, 07:46 PM
When is the fox mount coming? :(Celestrata: Sooner than you may believe. :)lies! i believed it would be here this friday (today) so that means it would've been here by at least thursday. now, not only was it not in the marketplace by thursday, but there wasnt anything in the shop this friday either ;c ...so, again, late as always O:<

Builder
08-26-2017, 04:36 AM
The Worldweaver Pack

This pack is for each level 15+ character on an Evolution Server OR Landowners on an Evolution Server. You will receive 1 pack per character that’s level 15 or above, OR 1 pack per character who holds land on an Evolution server, regardless of level, up to a maximum of 6 per account. This pack will be in each qualifying character’s mailbox.

Clarification from Trion about that mentioned maximum per account would be nice:
I have 6 characters on EU Evolution Server (lvl 15+ and/or landowner) and more characters on NA Evolution Servers (also 15+ and / or landowner) - how will it be determined which char gets one of the 6 packs. The first 6 chars to log in or distribution via Glyph account? Or just by chance? Or is that maximum per region?

I have some of the Dread Guard things on some chars but nothing on others. So I would prefer to be able to make sure it wont be distributed to those who have it already. With chars on both EU and NA my total of chars on Evolution Servers is over 6 and almost all are qualifying for that pack.

Mysticdreamer
08-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post

Celestrata: Yes, that time period will be extended to 48 hours to cover the new housing placement times.

I really hate this...I understand what Trion is trying to do ...but it really sucks for those of us that have to work and have to asked for time off! I had already asked for Saturday the 9th off and now I am going to have to see about changing that to Sunday! Thanks!!

Rochambeau
08-26-2017, 09:12 PM

I'd like to know this as well.

MasterShades
08-26-2017, 09:38 PM
any update on when "Fresh Start" servers will be joining "Legacy" servers?

Fresh Start server populations are dropping and the Auction House barely has anything left on it, making it feel like a ghost town and the game is dying off.

Roxefeller
08-27-2017, 04:33 PM

This, I had to restart on fresh start servers to accommodate my wife starting the game.. granted the fresh start servers haven't been too kind as the community is toxic as all get out... besides the point.. I would really like to know when Ravenspine Wings are being added to fresh start servers.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 05:49 AM
does this hold true for 3.7 as well, there was talk on one of the live streams about bundling 3.7 and 4.0 together?

That is correct: The last few bits of 3.7's content is now Update 4.0.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 05:50 AM

Probably not for a while. The idea is to re-introduce items back to fresh start as they are appropriate for the server. The Wings will eventually be added, but they are undated as of now.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 05:55 AM
What is the problem to let us our personal teleports. In my case, I spend a lot of money for everyone, cuz every personal point is an old spot of one of my houses now or in the past.

This is due to technical reasons during the merge. As we're bringing the servers together and people are reclaiming houses and getting new points, it's easier/safer from a data side to drop the old data and let people update it with their new teleport points.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 05:59 AM
Are the decisions on evolution final yet? we keep getting changes and new decisions which people have been planning for and now get screwed.

Yes, the final decisions surrounding the evolution have been finalized except for one: How we're handling name conflicts. That's still being discussed and worked on, but we hope to have information on that soon. We're looking at the feasibility of a few technical options we have with that, that's why there's the delay.

We know there were two announcements that were a bit rough and we apologize. Both were made in consideration of the community and feedback we got (locking character creation to prevent people from claiming endless compensation packs and delaying housing so players had a chance to get themselves set up/increase server stability) but we know that we could have done better with our communication.

In the future, yes, we want to make sure that information can get out wider. While announcements on the forums and livestream are good, they should not be the only places we release these types of changes.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:00 AM

And please tell me that you are NOT putting it in $150, $100, $50 pack(s)? :(

The Future (TM).

And I can't say for certain how it's going to come to the game yet. It's still being discussed between the companies.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:02 AM
Is Trion aware you are comping players with an item that is useless unless you pay cash for 4000 credits or 1650g in the game for it to be used? the Duuns Blessing by its self a useless compensation because it requires a superior red charm to be used.

Hi there Dualwield,

No, the intent here is not to "make money" from the compensation pack or from the evolutions. When designing the pack, I honestly looked back at what were some player favorite items and what would make the most sense for a pack like this. We wanted it to be good and feel fair for what was happening, and Duun's Blessings were certainly a community favorite. Players choose them frequently as a reward, they are rare, and they are a solid boost.

I see and understand the points you're making here, but I want to assure you that this was not the intent. Apologies that this is not a favorite of yours, and we'll take your feedback into account for the future.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:03 AM
How are loot drop mods applied to loot?

I've been told the following:
Looter's loot drop is used
Top damager's loot drop is used
First attacker's loot drop is used
The sum of all loot drop in party/raid is used

That's a really good question, and one that would require input from the development team. I'll ask them to see if we can get an answer.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:04 AM
I know you haven't posted any server evolution times as of yet. But will European servers be going online to put housing down on the 10th with us being 7+ hours ahead. Cos if it ends up being 11th I'm screwed.

Yep! The plan is designed for players to place housing down on each region's prime time on the 10th. Europe will have their housing placement start earlier than North America by merit of the time zone difference, of course.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:05 AM
Are you actually going to do this, or are you going to do what Trion always does and say you are going to do something while completely ignoring the rampant cheating going on in your games?

I can say we've actually recently taken action on that, and it's one of the reasons we made an announcement about it again.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:06 AM
Will you ever acknowledge that Ynystere can't be pushed to peace with a huge amount of it's mobs but Cinder can with pretty much all of them? Are you even looking in to it?

I can't say this is a bug I've heard about before. But, we will be sure to get it in for investigation. Thanks!

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:08 AM
Any chance we could gain some improvement in skillqueue before 4.0 hit? Or Maybe a new server for SA players?

As changes to skill queue take up a significant amount of engineering resources (resources that are going to Evolution and 4.0 right now), I can't say that changes are likely at all.

Also, we're not looking to add a new region to the game at this time, though we do keep getting requests for a South America region.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:08 AM

I do. :)

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:09 AM
I am wondering about those who have 3 or 4 characters on servers that are now being Evo'd together. I know there is a limit of 2 characters per server, so what happens with the additional characters? (i.e. 2 on Salphira, 2 on Ollo... becoming 4 on Conviction)

There's actually a limit of 6 characters per server, which is also the maximum number of characters you can have on an account in a region. 2 characters would be your initial character limit, before applying character slot scrolls. If you have more than 2 characters, they can all fit on one server no problem.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-30-2017, 06:10 AM
I would really really like to see pet and mount displays, like there are for the cars. Not sure a lot of people have an extra car just sitting around to be put on display, but I know many of us have several pets and mounts. Would be nice to get them out of the chests!

Ha ha, that's a neat idea! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

mikroman
08-30-2017, 07:01 AM
edit-deleted
Wrong logic. Sorry. I re-read and I understand it :D

Airish Finnisia
08-30-2017, 08:36 AM
@celestrata
I hope you are still going to answer questions because I have one !

the date for server launch after evolution is completed: Sept 9th & Sept 10th, based on which time zone, UTC or PDT? because my local time is UTC+7 and I don't wanna be screwed over by miscalculations of the exact time. (PDT and UTC have different starting hour 00.00-24.00, given that UTC 00.00 equals to 7am local time and PDT 00.00 equals to 2pm local time.)

I just want to know which "Sept 10th" should I be wary of! thank you xD

Lucifers Hammer
08-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Has Trion/XL ever considered, or would they ever consider a single purchase item, kind of the like the farms, that would allow a person to transfer a pet/mount to another toon on the same server?
I ask only because I am really digging my Warborn and making her my main, but I see all the mounts and pets on my previous main... and feel sad....

jaammin
08-30-2017, 10:51 AM

If they actually did ban people for this, there would be hardly any 4k heroes anymore. Sure, a few may actually pvp and rack enough kills to get 50 a day, but the majority are killing their red alt armies daily.

jaammin
08-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Are you going to tell us how the land rush will work and specific times and dates? Sure would be nice if we could know for sure so we can plan accordingly. The original announcement said there would be answers on Aug.16, but I can't seem to find a post from that date with all the information that we will need. Will the servers go down before the land grab begins? Will all character be ported to starting zone before land grab starts or will I need to compete with those that have multiple accounts and characters parked in several zones waiting to grab all the good spots up? Will we be competing with all EU players for land on our new server? Will we be competing for land with all the other NA server players? I remember the last merge you staggered the server starts which basically allowed everyone to come grab on our new server. Land was all gone in a minute and those who were screwed like me had to pay gold to get any land.

MonolithD
08-30-2017, 11:42 AM
I do. :)

http://welikeit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_mifjd3iIBK1s3o373o5_500.gif

jahlon
08-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Are you going to tell us how the land rush will work and specific times and dates? Sure would be nice if we could know for sure so we can plan accordingly. The original announcement said there would be answers on Aug.16, but I can't seem to find a post from that date with all the information that we will need. Will the servers go down before the land grab begins? Will all character be ported to starting zone before land grab starts or will I need to compete with those that have multiple accounts and characters parked in several zones waiting to grab all the good spots up? Will we be competing with all EU players for land on our new server? Will we be competing for land with all the other NA server players? I remember the last merge you staggered the server starts which basically allowed everyone to come grab on our new server. Land was all gone in a minute and those who were screwed like me had to pay gold to get any land.

I'm going to have to call this out.

Land was not gone in a minute. There was still land that I consider medium-prime available 2 days after the merge.

Will the land on islands and coasts go in about 10 mins? Yes of course. Will there still be land for everyone? Yes

Remember, the 5 new zones (Rokhala, Sunbite, Ahnimar, Aubre, Airain) added something like 4000+ new house plots.

Paypal
08-30-2017, 12:39 PM
As changes to skill queue take up a significant amount of engineering resources (resources that are going to Evolution and 4.0 right now), I can't say that changes are likely at all.

Also, we're not looking to add a new region to the game at this time, though we do keep getting requests for a South America region.

Thanks for the answer, we would be very satisfied if we won a server here, because we have a large South America community. But by then We still await a better alternative to play with high ping.

Moose Salphira
08-31-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes, the final decisions surrounding the evolution have been finalized ....

It is my understanding that we will not be receiving any compensation for any livestock placed on our land. I understand the common player has their chicken, cow, duck, yata, etc etc, and the obvious means of ridding them is to slaughter and gain the meat as intended. My question is this, what of the Bear Farmers on the servers? Will there be no compensation for us? I hope there will not be a blanket “no soup for you” answer to everyone, and that special circumstances will be considered. My farm, on Salphira, has stood since the beginning of the game and has grown tremendously over time.

If you need stats, its 647 Bears spread out over 27 properties, all interlocking Tetris style. The bears need to be touching for maximum breeding. If you only look at whats down, how massive and majestic it is, you wouldn't be surprised when I tell you you're looking at over 725k Vocation Badges. Of course that is not counting the many tries over and over at trying to get that male in the perfect spot, or moving over a farm and having to start all over. The time and effort it has taken to grow this block of land, in such a way will never be duplicated. What I'm losing in this “evolution” is immense, and it deeply saddens me to say I will, in the end, have absolutely nothing to show for it. I hope some of you can take the time to have a look at the bears before Trion erases them forever.

I think the one that hurts the most is that I'm losing the long standing female that produced the very first bear cub on the server, he was a battlepet named Bearywhite. He will be coming with me, but Trion will be murdering his mom.... (#SaveBearywhitesMom Anyone? LOL)

The farm itself is special to me... I call it "Song Mountain." Every property has "song" at the end of its name, and some have themes within themselves. For example, Earthsong, Windsong, Firesong. But there are others such as Rocksong, Lovesong, Themesong etc etc. I was a few weeks away from going over 700 bears before they announced the server merges. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do when the land rush starts. Sadly, I'll probably never have another setup quite like this again.

If anyone knows how to bring this to Trion's attention, help me out. I've tried twitter, but my efforts fell on deaf ears.

TL: DR I have 647 Bears valued at over 725k Vocation Badges on my land. Why would there be no compensation for this?

Viria15
08-31-2017, 09:12 PM
Yes, the final decisions surrounding the evolution have been finalized except for one: How we're handling name conflicts. That's still being discussed and worked on, but we hope to have information on that soon. We're looking at the feasibility of a few technical options we have with that, that's why there's the delay.

We know there were two announcements that were a bit rough and we apologize. Both were made in consideration of the community and feedback we got (locking character creation to prevent people from claiming endless compensation packs and delaying housing so players had a chance to get themselves set up/increase server stability) but we know that we could have done better with our communication.

In the future, yes, we want to make sure that information can get out wider. While announcements on the forums and livestream are good, they should not be the only places we release these types of changes.

Where will we find this consolidated list?

Wolfshe
09-01-2017, 02:38 AM
TL: DR I have 647 Bears valued at over 725k Vocation Badges on my land. Why would there be no compensation for this?

That is ALOT of bears wow :O Better start killing them off I think :(

Moose Salphira
09-01-2017, 11:42 AM
That is ALOT of bears wow :O Better start killing them off I think :(

Well ... you see... that's the problem. You can't "kill them off" like regular livestock. Bears are not like the rest (pigs, sheep, cows, etc.) and there is no slaughter option. You can only "release" them. Bears are meant for Breeding and the occasional sheering... of course the fur isn't worth much. That's the only reason I'm asking for compensation.

Liloou
09-01-2017, 11:52 AM
so far i remember you cant slaughter them but there was a button you could "call" a daru. he gives you a bag in exchange which contains a lot of meat and/or pelt. so its not much different to slaughter them.

Moose Salphira
09-01-2017, 12:00 PM
so far i remember you cant slaughter them but there was a button you could "call" a daru. he gives you a bag in exchange which contains a lot of meat and/or pelt. so its not much different to slaughter them.

Not much different? You mean, purposely planting a specific animal for a specific meat or pelt then hitting the slaughter button to get said meat or pelt, as opposed to 1 bag that contains a random amount of random meat or pelt? Not much different? LOL okay....

Also, to put in prospective.. for 647 bears it would take 16k labor to get those random bags... and its not "lots" of meat or pelts.. its a random number per bag. You usually get utter crap.

Liloou
09-01-2017, 12:16 PM
well, i have to admit its already 2 years ago i was breeding bears and you "only" had to pay gold for them. but yes i remember it wasnt worth the 5g and i "released" my male bear by accident. wasnt really amused. just wanted to say its not you will get nothing. its often not worth to slaughter your animals maybe only turkeys and waterbuffulos. last merge i lost all my yatas, have not been amused about it either, but life goes on, sorry.

Moose Salphira
09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
well, i have to admit its already 2 years ago i was breeding bears and you "only" had to pay gold for them. but yes i remember it wasnt worth the 5g and i "released" my male bear by accident. wasnt really amused. just wanted to say its not you will get nothing. its often not worth to slaughter your animals maybe only turkeys and waterbuffulos. last merge i lost all my yatas, have not been amused about it either, but life goes on, sorry.

But my point is, Its not just some yatas, or some bears. Look at the scale of it. I don't even know if anyone at Trion has seen anything like this. I remember seeing bear farms in the 200 and 300 range a loong time ago. . . but they all fizzled out. And the placement of the land, there are literally no spaces between the farms, they're perfectly placed to touch without any wasted space. 27 properties.

I'm asking if there would be some sort of special circumstances for certain situations. Or will it just be a flat, sorry, you're entire revenue stream is gone and good luck on the next server. Even if I could get all this land placed back down, I don't have that much vocation to replace all these bears LOL.

MonolithD
09-01-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm asking if there would be some sort of special circumstances for certain situations

If they do it for you they gotta do it for the next person. Everyone has their story and their stuff

Moose Salphira
09-01-2017, 02:46 PM
If they do it for you they gotta do it for the next person. Everyone has their story and their stuff

Can you show me 1 single person who is losing more than me? Livestock wise...

KiereaFulcrum
09-03-2017, 10:00 PM
On what date/time will we be able to put down gazebo's, houses in places like heedmar?

Wolfshe
09-04-2017, 01:39 AM
Well ... you see... that's the problem. You can't "kill them off" like regular livestock. Bears are not like the rest (pigs, sheep, cows, etc.) and there is no slaughter option. You can only "release" them. Bears are meant for Breeding and the occasional sheering... of course the fur isn't worth much. That's the only reason I'm asking for compensation.

Oh yeah I forgot about that :( damn this is a special circumstance that is forsure :/

MonolithD
09-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Can you show me 1 single person who is losing more than me? Livestock wise...

Everyone has something they worked hard for / built from the ground up.

Moose Salphira
09-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Everyone has something they worked hard for / built from the ground up.

And they're getting it back, in FULL KITS, with 5 weeks of taxes... I worked hard for this. I'm not getting it back, and the cost to replace it is so large I couldn't even with the full kits returned to me. I don't have a spare 1 Mil Vocation laying around, especially with Ancestral levels so recently released. Had to buy those new warrior medals somehow,and I wouldn't have used Vocation if I knew this was coming.

jahlon
09-06-2017, 09:54 AM
And they're getting it back, in FULL KITS, with 5 weeks of taxes... I worked hard for this. I'm not getting it back, and the cost to replace it is so large I couldn't even with the full kits returned to me. I don't have a spare 1 Mil Vocation laying around, especially with Ancestral levels so recently released. Had to buy those new warrior medals somehow,and I wouldn't have used Vocation if I knew this was coming.

The question I'd like you to answer is were you still selling bears on a daily basis?

If yes, then you have made enough profit that you can afford to work a deal with friends to buy their vocation off them to plant the bears.

From what you get from releasing them, plus some of the profits you've made in the last week of selling bears, you'll be able to get the production line set up again.

After all, when the switch was made from Gold for bear cubs to vocation for bear cubs, its not like they went back and debited you 1M Vocation for all your bears. So, you cornered a marked and have had that market cornered for a long time.

A lot of other people have lost as much in different aspects that isn't being compensated. You aren't the only one that got hit with the evolution bat.

Moose Salphira
09-06-2017, 11:54 PM
The question I'd like you to answer is were you still selling bears on a daily basis?

If yes, then you have made enough profit that you can afford to work a deal with friends to buy their vocation off them to plant the bears.

From what you get from releasing them, plus some of the profits you've made in the last week of selling bears, you'll be able to get the production line set up again.

After all, when the switch was made from Gold for bear cubs to vocation for bear cubs, its not like they went back and debited you 1M Vocation for all your bears. So, you cornered a marked and have had that market cornered for a long time.

A lot of other people have lost as much in different aspects that isn't being compensated. You aren't the only one that got hit with the evolution bat.

Specifically, who? That's what I'm asking. You can say all day that lots of people lost stuff that isn't being compensated, but you've given no examples. Trions decision to not compensate already planted livestock doesn't just hurt me, it completely removes my entire revenue stream going forward. I don't even have a chance to replicate it due to land grab.

Why does it matter how much I've made selling Cubs? That's spent gold! I can't go back in time and earmark a certain amount to replace my bears, I didn't know the merge was happening until the announcement lol. The last week I sold exactly 1 bear. The price skyrocketted and no one would pay. Just because you see a price listed doesn't mean they're selling. Just look at the history. I love how you can come in and assume all this gold I've been making. For the most part, I gave my Cubs away, and I'd only sell when I needed to to keep patron up. The Bear farm became my identity in ArcheAge. Moose was synonymous with bears. I would teach anyone and everyone how to maximize because I was never afraid of competition. My Hope was never to "corner the market." I was just the crazy one that kept making his bear farm bigger and bigger.