PDA

View Full Version : Nightcloak , need your feedback.

Majk
08-28-2014, 01:20 PM
I've tried and decided already i'll be playing this class once the real deal starts , so far been testing nightloack on CB1-2-3-4. Since it's extremely hard to find any pvp videos from POV this class ,not to mension posts regarding it, i'd like to know what are your thoughts on my build , and generally speaking on nightcloak as pvp class.

My build (post upcomming 55 update)

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#5.4.2/m0sZCka1HgkZ

I'll be playing pvp in group mostly , group arenas & participate mass pvp with my guild, those are the go to things my build should fit. I'm thinking to pve/grind with 2h stuff & cloth , and pvp with shield + scepter & leather/cloth 2h stuff depending who i'll face.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Jester08
08-28-2014, 05:03 PM
If you want a PVP build I think you really need to include the CC immune and CC breaks in the class trees you've chosen.
If you find any more information on the class please share it. This class is in my top 3 caster options as well.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/64790

Majk
08-29-2014, 04:56 AM
Thanks you're right , already made some changes including those.

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#5.4.2/m0lZCAa1Hjvg

You can watch some twich.tv streamers playing arena , they meet sometimes a nightcloack and get pretty much recked xD

Ape
08-29-2014, 05:45 AM
while the combo damage is less than that of the revenant, the CCs of witchcraft are win.

Jester08
08-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Also note when the game is released in NA it will be a 50 level cap, not 55.

Channeled spells are very hard to pull off in PVP. They tend to advertise hey I'm not moving come kill me. Also many builds have some mobility that will get the target out of range as soon as you start casting the spell. You also seem a little heavy on the magic defense side considering you will most likely be wearing Cloth. Minus Sorcery I feel you really need to search out your dmg as a priority in this class. Just my .02.

WolfyGoesRoar
08-29-2014, 04:12 PM
What Jester said. Remove Absorb Lifeforce it's too risky in pvp. If you're going for group pvp, take telekinesis! Just imagine, you can use it for a whole 12 seconds whilst your friends destroy your vulnerable target.
I wouldn't take Leech AND Lassitude. They both do sorta the same thing. Variety is king.
Given that you'll be rather squishy (especially to physical damage) I wouldn't take retribution.
Earthen grip is relatively nice if you take Augment Witchcraft for the heals etc, but I just don't see any way to spend enough points in that tree to justify it. The passives (apart from that one) are all kinda meh.
In the chaos of mass pvp, bubbles get broken easily. If your group is a well oiled fighting machine then take it, otherwise I would give it a miss.
Honestly, I can't see how you're going to get decent DPS out of this class without sacrificing some of the really good CC and CC breakers available to you. You can get most targets to pretty low health using Vicious Implosion -> Hell Spear -> Summon Crows -> Stillness -> Summon Wraith. But you've got to wait a minute between doing that again, and all you can do in that time is tickle them with Mana Stars and stuff. I guess in mass pvp that's more of a non-issue though as you can hide behind your friends whilst you recharge. Perhaps pull off a Banshee Wail -> Mana Force combo here and there.

Vaelore
09-02-2014, 10:05 AM
What type of gear would work better with a Nightcloak? Plate or cloth?
A lot of it moves are pretty close range (6-8m), would plate be the better choice then?

Artamon
09-02-2014, 11:30 AM
What type of gear would work better with a Nightcloak? Plate or cloth?
A lot of it moves are pretty close range (6-8m), would plate be the better choice then?

There is no clear answer for your question. I would advise to go cloth and stack pot buffs but you may go plate and do the same aswell just with a bit less optimal effect since plate has 0 magical res.

Bhaine
09-23-2014, 02:30 AM
How's the build going for you?
I've been leveling a nightcloak and now I'm at 44 and think I need to change something.
My current build is something like this - http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#5.2.4/xbb7hZvZCsE

My main combo is Insidous whisper > enervate > earthen grasp ( i like the heals )
get closer
Hellspear > crows
Then spam mana stars while i wait for cool downs to expire
I use the push back abilities to move melee away (mana force / dhatuas breath)

I haven't gotten to the t3 skills of the build due to swapping out of darkrunner. my occ/witch is at 39. I feel kinda strong against magic with conversion shield and magic detection. I often get flustered in combat with all the different cc-breaks i have lol . I tried reflection and it didn't seem that great, well as great as 50% melee dmg reflection sounds. I guess I need to keep leveling to unlock the t3 skills, but I'm getting owned by all the ♥♥♥♥ing archers and darkrunners out there.

Not sure if I should ditch the staff for shield/scepter for more melee def. Or swap cloth for plate. Since Magic detection adds the 500 magic defense and conversion shield. My main combo goes off and the target takes great dmg, but then I loose due to not having the dps to close the deal.

Fauxian
09-23-2014, 03:55 AM
How's the build going for you?
I've been leveling a nightcloak and now I'm at 44 and think I need to change something.
My current build is something like this - http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#5.2.4/xbb7hZvZCsE

My main combo is Insidous whisper > enervate > earthen grasp ( i like the heals )
get closer
Hellspear > crows
Then spam mana stars while i wait for cool downs to expire
I use the push back abilities to move melee away (mana force / dhatuas breath)

I haven't gotten to the t3 skills of the build due to swapping out of darkrunner. my occ/witch is at 39. I feel kinda strong against magic with conversion shield and magic detection. I often get flustered in combat with all the different cc-breaks i have lol . I tried reflection and it didn't seem that great, well as great as 50% melee dmg reflection sounds. I guess I need to keep leveling to unlock the t3 skills, but I'm getting owned by all the ♥♥♥♥ing archers and darkrunners out there.

Not sure if I should ditch the staff for shield/scepter for more melee def. Or swap cloth for plate. Since Magic detection adds the 500 magic defense and conversion shield. My main combo goes off and the target takes great dmg, but then I loose due to not having the dps to close the deal.

I hit 50 yesterday with my nightcloak, but when I was level 49 I hung around in a level 45 area and practiced my combos on players. A dick move yes, but it helped me not get so flustered in 1v1 situations.

I've been trying to control the situation more, using all the CC I have including the bubble. Once you can slow the tempo of the fight down, it gives you a second to think about which combo to use next, it also allows your cooldowns to tick, providing you with more options.

Just practise, it doesn't matter on who. If you feel bad attacking lower level players then just let them fly away when they are low on health. Once you can stay calm, go fight people your own level.

If you get jumped, get close with teleport if you need to andthrow down banshee wail to fear them > enervate > mud hand, glide out of their range and take a second to think. Then rengage. Throw up your conversion shield, retribution, courageous action, stack inspire and remember you CC break keys. Hit them with Leech and steal a buff and get a 2.5 second break.
Hit them with Dahutas Breath to push back and hurt them, then bubble them for a few more seconds. When they are bubbled, go underneath and fire them high into the air with mana force so they take fall damage. Use focal Concussion to remove buffs and stun them briefly as they fall. Teleport towards them and use Visicous implosion > Hell Spear > Crows to further mess up their rotations and do damage.
By this time your fear > Enervate > mudhand combo is back up, use it, keep your inspire buffs stacked and hit them with Mana stars until your cooldowns are over. Repop Conversion shield and other defence. Apart from Bubble, these are all instant casts.

This is just an example, you'll also be taking hits and stuns but remember to try and control the fight. Fly off if you have to, just make sure they can't pursue.

This is the build i'm running atm http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/138039

This sounds good in theory, but practice is the key. It won't always work, and when it doesn't, take a moment to critique what you should have done better. Also, if you die, try and check out what class just killed you before you respawn.

Heavenbringer
09-23-2014, 04:47 AM
Hey Fruxian, i have read your tips for nightcloak but i have a doubt, is inspired buff usefull for our build?i mean it should increase only the mana stars AS right? Should not be more usefull to get othe passives or crippling mire?
thx in advance for answers

Fauxian
09-24-2014, 02:14 AM
Hey Fruxian, i have read your tips for nightcloak but i have a doubt, is inspired buff usefull for our build?i mean it should increase only the mana stars AS right? Should not be more usefull to get othe passives or crippling mire?
thx in advance for answers

Thwart (the skill that gives the inspired buff) also slows the opponent and gives a nice boost to damage for viscous implosion. I personally like spamming mana stars, so the inspire buff benefits me, but that is a personal preference. I also do not like channeling spells because nothing says easy target like standing still. You could swap out thwart for something else, and even mana stars. It is good to try these things.

Heavenbringer
09-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Thwart (the skill that gives the inspired buff) also slows the opponent and gives a nice boost to damage for viscous implosion. I personally like spamming mana stars, so the inspire buff benefits me, but that is a personal preference. I also do not like channeling spells because nothing says easy target like standing still. You could swap out thwart for something else, and even mana stars. It is good to try these things.

thx, this is what i am aiming at http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/152926
is AS from twarth worth the increase in dps of mana stars? Is summon wraith any usefull in pvp?
ty :)

Fauxian
09-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Well it depends on how you like to play. If you like spamming mana stars then it is worth it. Summon wraith I haven't tried, purely because it has the potential to break CC