PDA

View Full Version : Known Issu Regarding "Kirby's Gift"

Muzzy
09-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone,
There is a known issue with the quest is called "Kirby's Gift".

The completion requirements for it are completing 5 other event quests. One of those is "Care for Kirby" and it is mistakenly the prerequisite for the overarching quest - Kirby's Gift. Because of this, it is impossible to complete "Kirby's Gift". This quest would reward the Detective/Cowboy Corgi pets.

We will be hot-fixing this as soon as we get a fix from XL.

Muzzy

Yiffer
09-14-2017, 05:25 PM
At least he's cute~!

https://i.imgur.com/r32rTtt.gif

DevilsTrap
09-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone,
There is a known issue with the quest is called "Kirby's Gift".

The completion requirements for it are completing 5 other event quests. One of those is "Care for Kirby" and it is mistakenly the prerequisite for the overarching quest - Kirby's Gift. Because of this, it is impossible to complete "Kirby's Gift". This quest would reward the Detective/Cowboy Corgi pets.

We will be hot-fixing this as soon as we get a fix from XL.

Muzzy

I have a question on this Kirby event. Is it level limited? I can't pick up the quests, and I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's because I'm a level 38 trying to pick up a level 50 quest.

Mangogogo
09-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Where is the information about where to find all the items needed?

Where is the effort to inform?

DevilsTrap
09-14-2017, 11:34 PM

That's me, man, I'm clueless. I was literally wandering around in circles, trying to find this stuff I need, trying to talk to NPCs, nothing.

Appoloin
09-15-2017, 01:53 AM
I have a question on this Kirby event. Is it level limited? I can't pick up the quests, and I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's because I'm a level 38 trying to pick up a level 50 quest.

40+

tatse
09-15-2017, 02:42 AM
@muzzy
Some of the event quests seem to be missing or can you complete them only once?
-delivery of 30 lumber in falcorth
-end of falcorth quest line where you set off one firework
-whalesong rift quest

This
09-15-2017, 04:08 AM
This spring is a big issue.
Seem you haven't tested or thought about it at all....
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?331509-Event-Smelly-Kirby-Hot-Water
Simple calculation people want to get the mount so need x333 you have 1000 people wanting it take 333000 aka little bit more then 3days non stop.

Meridian
09-15-2017, 11:14 AM
If only we had a server that was specifically for testing new patches/events...

Dimi
09-16-2017, 02:00 AM
is the event quest with the lumber bugged?Cause i remember from last year it used to be a daily quest? Can you look into it please?

Minxx
09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
This spring is a big issue.
Seem you haven't tested or thought about it at all....
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?331509-Event-Smelly-Kirby-Hot-Water
Simple calculation people want to get the mount so need x333 you have 1000 people wanting it take 333000 aka little bit more then 3days non stop.

Personally, I find this portion of the quest ridiculous!!! Why, oh why, would you have one little well for all of these people trying to draw buckets from at the same time. It has succeeded in bringing out the ugly in many people, myself included. This is not fun. I am trying *unsuccessfully* to draw water, when suddenly I am in a loading screen. Thankfully, they ported me to a safe location as opposed to a hostile area. I port back to try again only to have people in cars,carts and mortars either blocking the well, pushing everyone away from the well or throwing up portals to Growlgate and driving cars into the throng of people. Who's wonderful idea was this part of the event?? Stuff like this is making my interest in ArcheAge wane.

Rhystell
09-18-2017, 06:16 AM

The information is in something magic called by the sages "quest text" before asking for effort to inform take at least 5 minutes using half your brain to try to inform you, lol

Kyriah
09-20-2017, 03:20 AM
Is this fixed yet, update this morning but cant complete the quest still?

LoraleiEU
09-20-2017, 04:20 AM
And the other big problem is we can't get Whalesong quest and 30x Lumber quest for Kirby's event. Could you fix it too?

Thanks

Pietro
09-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Great event trino. A giant grindfest for useless junk and one or two SUPER COOL MUST HAVE items. This is a great way of saying yall love your playerbase :D

Phantomgreen
09-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Any word on a fix or workaround? I finally hit 40, but all of the quests are just red.

Ianto
09-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Kirby mount WHEN?! Seriously, take my money, Muzzy!!!

Reaha
09-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Are we going to get a reply to any of these questions? Muzzy please update us on the kirkby quest?

Nightscream452
09-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Is there any update to this thread yet?

Daymio
09-21-2017, 12:57 AM
I think kirby's event will repeat a turkey's one, when everyone got that birdy.

aumym
09-21-2017, 03:06 AM
Still havent completed the quest and all i want is 2 pieces of furniture that will unforunately be bound to my character too... When will we see a fix?

SavannahLynn
09-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Still havent completed the quest and all i want is 2 pieces of furniture that will unforunately be bound to my character too... When will we see a fix?

I have a feeling the soonest we'll see a fix is once the team returns from Korea, but that's of course speculation.

Nightscream452
09-25-2017, 08:29 PM
well i've done all the quests except the "caring for Kirby" cause that's the one we can't get.

Edwardo
09-25-2017, 11:25 PM
I have a feeling the soonest we'll see a fix is once the team returns from Korea, but that's of course speculation.

It will be fixed about 4 hours before the event ends and everyone is either sleeping or at work.

Pietro
09-26-2017, 09:37 AM
Doesn't this event end next week? Where's the bugfix guys? This event is already a gigantic grind for 1 thing that folks can already get the black version of...cmon trion...Show your true love for your community. This is why people are losing their faith in yall and why many feel as though the game is dieing. You claim to listen, but silence those who call you out. Please fix this before yall end up more hated than The Sims creators.

SavannahLynn
09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Doesn't this event end next week? Where's the bugfix guys? This event is already a gigantic grind for 1 thing that folks can already get the black version of...cmon trion...Show your true love for your community. This is why people are losing their faith in yall and why many feel as though the game is dieing. You claim to listen, but silence those who call you out. Please fix this before yall end up more hated than The Sims creators.

October 18th

Sauce (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2017/09/13/celebrate-the-3rd-anniversary-of-archeage-sept-14-oct-18/)

Beastmaster
09-27-2017, 07:28 AM
I actually think its rude that trion have still not officially responded. Muzzy cannot do a live stream as he can answer questions. If he cannot do ♥♥♥♥ all if the team are nit there why is he in the job? Also is anybody at trion still have a job?

CAN AT LEAST ONE OF YOU TELL US WHATS HAPPENING WITH THIS REQUEST

Thank you

SavannahLynn
09-27-2017, 08:32 AM
I actually think its rude that trion have still not officially responded. Muzzy cannot do a live stream as he can answer questions. If he cannot do ♥♥♥♥ all if the team are nit there why is he in the job? Also is anybody at trion still have a job?

CAN AT LEAST ONE OF YOU TELL US WHATS HAPPENING WITH THIS REQUEST

Thank you

That's because they're busy in Korea and they'll be back next week. You want them to play telephone with information, so that when they come back they have to say "oh..that wasn't completely accurate, sorry" you can all riot? Chill out.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ohzdRUwVDkphluT2E/giphy.gif

Pietro
09-27-2017, 08:53 AM
Thank you Savannah. That makes me feel a bit better. Hopefully they fix this soon.

SavannahLynn
09-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Thank you Savannah. That makes me feel a bit better. Hopefully they fix this soon.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/VLu1UgYtmmsLu/giphy.gif

Pietro
09-27-2017, 06:39 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/VLu1UgYtmmsLu/giphy.gif

This ^ I love this xD

Mangogogo
09-28-2017, 05:06 AM
2 weeks without an update. I guess we will be getting the rewards as 'compensation'.

Elfred
09-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Still nothing?

Isn't Kirby the 3rd Anniversary event?

Traciatim
09-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Still nothing?

Isn't Kirby the 3rd Anniversary event?

Yep, it's celebrating mediocrity... Mission Accomplished.

Seirios
10-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Yep, it's celebrating mediocrity... Mission Accomplished.

Its mediocrity because Trion nerf it?. The fireworks was 50 loyalty now 40, nobody won a car (?) Tempest server nobody won any car, I wonder if its only a false advert. Nerfing a celebration to earn money yes its mediocrity.

The slot machine is something worse than a mediocrity, it gives mostly crap and I mean crap! even the anchoring shards (not the complete ones) its not worth it! You need 100 of those. It is only occupied space in our chests.

Other than that the most nice part in 3rd celebration is the balloons, the only thing I enjoyed most.. lol

Careby
10-03-2017, 07:25 AM
...Other than that the most nice part in 3rd celebration is the balloons, the only thing I enjoyed most.. lol

Well, since we're complaining about stuff, wouldn't it be nice if those balloons were stackable? More and more I'm convinced the whole business model of this game is selling expansion scrolls and chests.

Reyzoul Soulstorm
10-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Coming up on three weeks without any fix or update on a fix or date for a date.
... ?

Pietro
10-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Still no word? This is the celebration event trion, not some wish wash event. This is supposed to be a huge deal for the community and the staff and yet yall are treating it like a joke, lol. For shame trion...for shame

Muzzy
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

I've refrained from commenting because there isn't anything to actually tell you, as everything is the same as the last time I posted about the issue.

- we contacted xl
- we're waiting for them to implement a fix
- when we get that, we'll let everyone know
- and we'll also implement that into our version, probably on a wed update

Because there hasn't been any new information, I haven't seen a point to posting saying "There isn't any new information, yet." Everything I listed above is known information, as nothing has changed.

Muzzy

QueenYataYps
10-03-2017, 04:16 PM
So um... what happens if we don't get an update before the event ends. Are we all kinda sol, like those extra zodiac tokens we were promised last year and never got?

Pietro
10-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Hi all,

I've refrained from commenting because there isn't anything to actually tell you, as everything is the same as the last time I posted about the issue.

- we contacted xl
- we're waiting for them to implement a fix
- when we get that, we'll let everyone know
- and we'll also implement that into our version, probably on a wed update

Because there hasn't been any new information, I haven't seen a point to posting saying "There isn't any new information, yet." Everything I listed above is known information, as nothing has changed.

Muzzy

Communication is key Muzzy. Even if there is no new updates, you still keep people informed...I don't know...maybe weekly? People already have very, very ill feelings toward Trion Worlds. Communicating, even with no new information may help bring back faith to you all.

SweetHart
10-03-2017, 04:57 PM
I agree with Pietro. When NOTHING is said, we think that Trion has forgotten about the issue and that it won't get fixed. 2 weeks without any official comment looks bad for us.

Edwardo
10-03-2017, 05:19 PM

IMO I think its worth responding every so often, even if nothing has changed, just to let folks know you are on top of it. It is more reassuring than silence.

Reyzoul Soulstorm
10-03-2017, 07:48 PM
I find it annoying that XL can't give an estimate for delivery.

don't you?

DJRastafari
10-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Since there are only two weeks left of this anniversary event, and it ends on a wednesday, that means there is only one time left where it CAN be fixed, which is the 11th. This gives people 7 days to try and do Kirby's Gift. If it isn't fixed by the 11th, I hope you realise it can only be fixed on the 18th, which means nobody can finish it.

Don't you think it's time to start talking about handing out the quest's rewards instead of talking about a fix at this stage? The fix is well over-due, and people - myself included - are actually getting tired of having to wait for a fix to something that is meant to celebrate.

I myself feel like it's time to just hand out the quest's rewards, instead of focusing so hard on a fix of a quest that just gives two corgis. (Since I doubt that's even anyone's priority, both at Trion and XL at this point)

Stalker
10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
I'm really surprised how badly this has been handled. Its the anniversary quest and its been broken from the start....

iamthesky
10-04-2017, 12:48 AM
I'm really surprised how badly this has been handled. Its the anniversary quest and its been broken from the start....
Itll be fixed like it is every time a quest or event is broken. it doesnt get fixed we get told we will get mailed items and never get them. Its happened at least 5 times I can think of, no one should be shocked anymore

YalTheCat
10-04-2017, 12:59 AM
Hmm, the whole of this week is a naitonal Holiday in Korea, so unless they have started on a fix, it's unlikely they will begin untill the 9th.. 48 hours to find the bug, code the fix, test the fix then ensure it doesent break any other fixes for the appropriate wednesday fix... - Unlikely but not impossible.

Madmonty
10-05-2017, 07:12 AM
They won't fix it, instead They will give everyone the pets for free. Cheaper than spending man hours fixing software bugs.

Frigiel
10-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone.

If I understand correctly, it's impossible to do the quest "Taking care of Kirby" and validate the final quest to receive the two pets as a reward?

Pietro
10-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone.

If I understand correctly, it's impossible to do the quest "Taking care of Kirby" and validate the final quest to receive the two pets as a reward?

This is correct sir, with the included non communication as well from Trino unless forced by the community itself

Edit: Been 6 days. No update trion?

Mordai
10-09-2017, 07:53 AM

I'm really surprised anyone is surprised.

gotwood
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM
It takes a minute to just say "sorry guys nothing yet," to ease people's concern of radio silence from our community managers. Low-effort response for high impact. Go!

Muzzy
10-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Hey all,
No new information on this one.

Stalker
10-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Hey all,
No new information on this one.

Thanks for the update muzzy.

Still cant believe its been broken for weeks now tho, not cool.

Muzzy
10-09-2017, 02:36 PM
XL has been out on holiday for a week, so that's part of the delay.

Bleddry
10-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Well event ending in a week, so I guess unless some emergency patch can fix it, it wont be fixed before that.

Elfred
10-09-2017, 07:22 PM

I wish their holiday was broken too!

Galadriane
10-09-2017, 08:14 PM
everyone gets the two Kirby's! :p

Pietro
10-09-2017, 10:05 PM
I like that idea! Both kirbies for all!

Daymio
10-10-2017, 04:01 AM
Became cleary seen, that will be a compensation for unworking event's reward.
But if it will be once per account, will be unfair for many people, who tried to get reward for more then one character of account.
And new sh*tstorm will begins!

Paintsticks
10-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Hope you guys just give everyone the corgis. With less then a week to complete the event, it wouldn't make ANY sense to stick the missing mission into the mission rotation, because what happens if the mission never pops up because its all RNG which one Kirby will pick. Or pops once, and you miss it? You could place an npc that will give you the mission as a one time at the event area, but at this point people might not have time to complete it, especially since theirs still no update as I'm typing this and we are already almost halfway into the week. :/

Wolfshe
10-11-2017, 04:36 AM
Hope you guys just give everyone the corgis. With less then a week to complete the event, it wouldn't make ANY sense to stick the missing mission into the mission rotation, because what happens if the mission never pops up because its all RNG which one Kirby will pick. Or pops once, and you miss it? You could place an npc that will give you the mission as a one time at the event area, but at this point people might not have time to complete it, especially since theirs still no update as I'm typing this and we are already almost halfway into the week. :/

I agree with this idea :)

Reyzoul Soulstorm
10-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Um. You posted that on October 9, 2017
This problem was known, worst case... (check opening post) on September 14th.

That's 3 weeks and 4 days.
(and counting)

[emphasis added by me for clarity]

Pietro
10-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Seeing how this anniversary event was handled, this really hurts my chances at putting money into this game again for sure. I hate it too, I love this game...Get yourselves together Trion or give it to someone who actually cares about their playerbase please. Don't bring this game down with you.

Albator
10-11-2017, 10:54 AM
FREE CORGIS FOR EVERYONE ( Called Dumbdog wink wink )

CBN
10-12-2017, 08:56 PM
hey guys don't worry we'll have the quest fixed this coming Wednesday's patch when the event ends cause ♥♥♥♥ you idiots haha buy loot boxes give us money

Pietro
10-15-2017, 06:46 AM
No corgi's and apparently the event is over?

Tahras
10-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Guys, i played some more MMO's but never I saw an event - celebrating 3 years - with such boring, useless items like that. The Kirby event is at least a perfect mirror for this game, but I will stop at this point otherwise I would have a collision with the rules ... just one, no wonder, AA is a game having after 3 years the 2nd servermegre.... keep going ignore the goodwilling people talking about all the disappointments but wanna stay ingame...

Careby
10-15-2017, 11:57 AM
No corgi's and apparently the event is over?

It ain't over 'til it's over. And that's not until Wednesday, I think.

If I understood what was said on the last live stream, if you have done each of the Kirby quests, you'll get both of the corgi decorations.

emeraldscar
10-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Guys, i played some more MMO's but never I saw an event - celebrating 3 years - with such boring, useless items like that. The Kirby event is at least a perfect mirror for this game, but I will stop at this point otherwise I would have a collision with the rules ... just one, no wonder, AA is a game having after 3 years the 2nd servermegre.... keep going ignore the goodwilling people talking about all the disappointments but wanna stay ingame...

The first year was great - wont say more so my post doesn't disappear

Stalker
10-16-2017, 01:33 AM
No fix after 4 weeks ? A massive let down how poorly this has been handled

Wolfshe
10-16-2017, 05:19 AM
No fix after 4 weeks ? A massive let down how poorly this has been handled

They did say on the livestream of Friday that the people that did the quest upto the broken one will get the rewards after the event ends on the 18th. Sadly do not know how long after the 18th :p

Muzzy
10-16-2017, 05:58 PM
During this week's maintenance downtime (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?62-Server-Status), the Kirby event will end. There was an issue with the quest line that prevented players from being able to finish the "Kirby's Gift" quest. We will be doing a data pull on the 19th to collect everyone that has earned the "Kirby's Gift" quest AND has completed "Cuddly Kirby" "Smelly Kirby" "Hungry Kirby" and "Bored Kirby" at least once. Those players will be granted the Detective Corgi and the Cowboy Corgi items.

SweetHart
10-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the update Muzzy.

Anamarie
10-17-2017, 02:11 AM
i personally did not do the quest at all because i heard it was broken and kept figuring i would wait till i heard it was fixed lol because i had complete trust it would be fixed in time to do it o3o i wont complain im not getting dogs buuuut it does leave a bad taste in my mouth at how this was handled

Pietro
10-17-2017, 04:50 AM
i personally did not do the quest at all because i heard it was broken and kept figuring i would wait till i heard it was fixed lol because i had complete trust it would be fixed in time to do it o3o i wont complain im not getting dogs buuuut it does leave a bad taste in my mouth at how this was handled

This has left a bad taste in everyone's mouths regardless of if people get the doggo's or not. This was the anniversary of this game and Trino/XL botched it. This has hurt a lot of people who want to support the game and only proves more that this game may indeed be dieing. Shame on you Trion, and shame on you XL Games.

Edwardo
10-17-2017, 08:09 AM
This has left a bad taste in everyone's mouths regardless of if people get the doggo's or not. This was the anniversary of this game and Trino/XL botched it. This has hurt a lot of people who want to support the game and only proves more that this game may indeed be dieing. Shame on you Trion, and shame on you XL Games.

While without question it is laughable that our 3rd anniversary event was bugged and unfix-able, I think you are a bit overboard in your view of impact. Everyone gets their rewards and honestly who cares about the corgi rewards anyways. Far more insulting was the crap rewards you got from doing the 3rd anniversary event.

Pietro
10-17-2017, 08:21 AM
While without question it is laughable that our 3rd anniversary event was bugged and unfix-able, I think you are a bit overboard in your view of impact. Everyone gets their rewards and honestly who cares about the corgi rewards anyways. Far more insulting was the crap rewards you got from doing the 3rd anniversary event.

The thing is Ed, this kind of stuff has been going on for a good while now. I used to side with them and laugh at the salties, but now, I see why so many people feel such ill will towards trion and XL games

Riiu
10-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Amary npc missing on retribution

Muzzy
10-17-2017, 11:02 AM
There were some EU server instability issues for a short time this morning, but we were able to smooth it out. Amary should be back.

Soede
10-18-2017, 05:51 AM
It's Oct 18th and the events are gone. Not impressed. I've been MIA and these events, especially for the goldfish mount, were really encouraging me to really get back into AA instead of move on! But the events have vanished early, with 11 hours left on the event mats still lingering in my bag too!

Apparently "Celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of ArcheAge: Sept 14 – Oct 18" means it's all gone in the wee small hours of Oct 18?? Is this something the community in general was aware was going to happen, cause it sure isn't spelled out!

Logging in and realizing it WAS counting hotsprings water drawn when the quest Wasn't active was a weird kick in the teeth. Too bad I didn't draw 333 falsely ineffective waters, just in case that was the secret. I hope you others who were going for the fish did! I will be here crying salty goldfish tears.

CBN
10-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Typical Trion lack of competence. Why would you say, "the event is ending with the maintenance" when it ends much earlier than that?! I just needed one more quest to get the 53 and I had some coins to spend, both of which I was lead to believe could have been completed this morning.

I kept playing while everyone else in my guild quit and now I'm wishing I had quit when they did too. The event should have been fun for the 3rd anniversary, and it sort of was, but then it simply culminated in typical frustration with Trion.

gaeia
10-18-2017, 08:19 AM
I had 2 left to do and stayed up to wait out the stupid timer and kirby went poof :(

Druida
10-18-2017, 08:25 AM
so itīs october 18th and i missing the last quest for Kirby. Iīve done the rest of them but at least the quest wont be active. I MISS my little kirby

Zenni
10-18-2017, 09:27 AM
During this week's maintenance downtime (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?62-Server-Status), the Kirby event will end. There was an issue with the quest line that prevented players from being able to finish the "Kirby's Gift" quest. We will be doing a data pull on the 19th to collect everyone that has earned the "Kirby's Gift" quest AND has completed "Cuddly Kirby" "Smelly Kirby" "Hungry Kirby" and "Bored Kirby" at least once. Those players will be granted the Detective Corgi and the Cowboy Corgi items.

A Little late for this info... Those of us that gave up on getting the Detective Corgi and Cowboy Corgi days and weeks ago because we never got anything from Trion IN-GAME announcing that we should do the others and we'll get the last quest completion credit had no way of knowing this when you announce it in the forums hours before the event is taken down. Is it really that hard to just announce this will be how its done in game? With plenty of time for us to use the information...

Pietro
10-19-2017, 04:30 AM
A Little late for this info... Those of us that gave up on getting the Detective Corgi and Cowboy Corgi days and weeks ago because we never got anything from Trion IN-GAME announcing that we should do the others and we'll get the last quest completion credit had no way of knowing this when you announce it in the forums hours before the event is taken down. Is it really that hard to just announce this will be how its done in game? With plenty of time for us to use the information...

Trino doesn't know how to communicate well with people...It's fine, it'll just hurt them in the end

Alianne
10-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Ok so when will the people that did all the due able quests get their Kirby?

Also there are a lot of people including my husband that didn't do many of the quests because they were waiting for the quest to be fixed so they could finish them. So what are you going to do for those people, nothing I bet

SweetHart
10-19-2017, 05:57 PM
If you got all Kirby quests done, minus the broken one, they are tabulating the data today the 19th, and the doggo decor will be given tomorrow the 20th. I would venture a guess that it would be after reset tomorrow.

Musei
10-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Just got them in the mail but they're decor only this year? The pet leash doesn't work on them.

Yoru
10-20-2017, 11:35 AM
I haven't received mine. I've completed all the quests but I've completed the last one on the day prior to the end. Did that affect anything?

Jackalope
10-20-2017, 03:22 PM
I didn't get my corgi's either and I completed the quests as well. Everyone else has gotten theirs but I have not gotten them in the mail at all.

emeraldscar
10-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Did all the quests but haven't received anything

Minka
10-21-2017, 12:04 AM
So you can't use a pet leash to make him into a pet?? Why? :confused:

Pietro
10-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Woo! I got mine. I just threw em up next to the other pets upstairs. It would be nice if we could use a leash on them though...It would have also been nice if Trion would have fixed it rather than just taking the easy way out...but oh well. Thanks for giving us the rewards trion

Jackalope
10-21-2017, 12:15 PM
So they are telling me in the ticket I have up that I can't even get my corgis because they are saying I didn't do Smelly Kirby and I remember washing him. My friend was with me and we both completed the quests. I can't even convince them to give me the corgis. I showed them everything I can in order to get them. They are saying they wont, because they are saying I didn't do that quest and I know I did.

My friend got his and we both did them at the same time and he watched me wash the dog. If I knew this was going to happen and they were going to delete the quest. I would of screen shot everything. I don't like that I can't show them the quest and show them that all I had left on it was Cuddly Kirby, the one we couldn't do.

In fact someone I know in game had a bug with the brushing kirby and she couldn't complete it at all and she got the corgis. I was like what? That's messed up. I don't see why a bug can't be the same with me, showing that I didn't do the quest and I know that I did. I even had extra water, that is no gone.

emeraldscar
10-21-2017, 12:51 PM
"Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request as it does not look like this character has completed the quests necessary to be eligible for the Detective and Cowboy Corgis to be granted. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have."

Not true. Sorry did them all. Cant even show unfinished quests as they have all been deleted - not by me. not happy

Crazysnicole
10-21-2017, 01:14 PM
I know 3 people who did all the quests and didn't get them. And basically all being told they have no way to tell if they did the quests or not. This is bologna like at this point just give them to everyone because it's unfair that those who did it are being screwed over.

Jackalope
10-21-2017, 01:50 PM
"Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request as it does not look like this character has completed the quests necessary to be eligible for the Detective and Cowboy Corgis to be granted. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have."

Not true. Sorry did them all. Cant even show unfinished quests as they have all been deleted - not by me. not happy

I know 3 people who did all the quests and didn't get them. And basically all being told they have no way to tell if they did the quests or not. This is bologna like at this point just give them to everyone because it's unfair that those who did it are being screwed over.

Exactly me at this point. I even showed them achievements I got during the event and my friend and I know I didn't miss Smelly Kirby. It has to be a bug that is showing that I didn't complete it. I think its 100% bull crap.

emeraldscar
10-21-2017, 02:11 PM
"Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.
I have reviewed this issue thoroughly and want to apologize for the frustration it has caused. I have updated your account and you should see the below in your character's mailbox within the next 12 hours.
-Cowboy Corgi
-Detective Corgi"

Thank you

Jackalope
10-21-2017, 02:14 PM
"Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.
I have reviewed this issue thoroughly and want to apologize for the frustration it has caused. I have updated your account and you should see the below in your character's mailbox within the next 12 hours.
-Cowboy Corgi
-Detective Corgi"

Thank you

Nice congrats man. I am still waiting for a response.

emeraldscar
10-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Nice congrats man. I am still waiting for a response.

hope it works out for you.

Jackalope
10-21-2017, 04:05 PM
hope it works out for you.

I hope so too.

wooglemoogle
10-22-2017, 04:12 AM
Also having the same issue on having completed all the required quests (I even had to do Smelly Kirby twice to get it acknowledged in the quest logs), but it not being reflected in the data pull. Still contesting with support, but doesn't seem like it'll work out since the hard evidence is gone.

(Ticket #995497 for reference).

Ygridrin
10-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Didn't get them either... It's really frustrating that the quest was broken and then the "solution" is broken too. I didn't send a ticket and I don't even think I will after seeing all the responses you all are getting. Though, if they said I didn't do Smelly Kirby, because I did it just one time, I'd have the fish mount to show for it.

Crazysnicole
10-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Didn't get them either... It's really frustrating that the quest was broken and then the "solution" is broken too. I didn't send a ticket and I don't even think I will after seeing all the responses you all are getting. Though, if they said I didn't do Smelly Kirby, because I did it just one time, I'd have the fish mount to show for it.

That's the quest it's telling all my friends they have no proof of being done. And they all have the fish mount sitting in the bag. One even has 325 hot waters in bag still. And yet they aren't getting anywhere. >.<

Jackalope
10-22-2017, 01:06 PM
They are still telling me that they can't do anything, because they are still showing that I didn't do a quest. So far I've spoken with four gms and they are all saying the same thing. I am going to find a way to contact Celestria herself. Because this is stupid. I just want them to give me the corgis.

Jackalope
10-22-2017, 02:45 PM
So.... This has to be the dumbest response right here. How, how does this even make any sense? How is the brush kirby not part of the required things when it was one of the quests you had to do? I am so confused. >.>

https://i.imgur.com/7EQUocY.jpg

and my exact words are this. >.>

https://i.imgur.com/BlQGhmF.jpg

Jackalope
10-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Can someone on Conviction gift me the corgis? I would be happy to pay for them at this point. >.> I am pretty sure you can sell them with land. Or something and I can just give the land back. I mean....

AgentRed
10-22-2017, 04:13 PM
They should have just given them out since they screwed up.

Jackalope
10-22-2017, 04:14 PM
They should have just given them out since they screwed up.

Yup you'd think they would. I need proof that I did it.

wooglemoogle
10-22-2017, 07:57 PM
So.... This has to be the dumbest response right here. How, how does this even make any sense? How is the brush kirby not part of the required things when it was one of the quests you had to do? I am so confused. >.>

and my exact words are this. >.>

I think the GM you're talking to is not personally familiar with the quest line and doesn't realize that by "Brush" Kirby quest, you mean the Cuddly Kirby quest, which requires a brush (unless you're talking about something else).

No luck contesting on my end as well and unless someone higher up looks into the data pulling process personally, I don't think there's going to be any way to contest it. All the hard evidence was wiped unless you thought to have a screenshot/video. Everything else is circumstantial since XL didn't require the achievements to have a certain ratio of quests finished (just lumped it all together). And you could've had all the items ready and have been standing right next to Kirby, but it's not guaranteed you turned it in because of the debuff or because the rotating quest wasn't in the right stage.

Pretty frustrating because while it seems like other parts of this quest/event were buggy beyond just Caring for Kirby, it's hard to verify precisely because of the way the event is set-up.

Ygridrin
10-22-2017, 08:09 PM
That's the quest it's telling all my friends they have no proof of being done. And they all have the fish mount sitting in the bag. One even has 325 hot waters in bag still. And yet they aren't getting anywhere. >.<
I did submit a ticket and funnily enough, that's not the quest they are telling me I didn't do... They have records of the quest I did just once and not Cuddly Kirby, which I did at least twice. I'll start taking screenshots of everything that promises a reward in the end from now on since they are having such a hard time finding things in their database.
Btw, it's kinda petty from them to hold on to simple decorations, you can't even turn them into companions, not stat items. They seem to take pleasure from our frustration.

No luck contesting on my end as well and unless someone higher up looks into the data pulling process personally, I don't think there's going to be any way to contest it. All the hard evidence was wiped unless you thought to have a screenshot/video. Everything else is circumstantial since XL didn't require the achievements to have a certain ratio of quests finished (just lumped it all together).
No luck for me either. I sarcastically suggested that for the next events they put up achievements for every single quest so we can then rub it on their faces if needed and then I realized that the Hallowtide has something similar to that, completing quests 5x gives an achievement for each. It'd be so much different if we had that for the Kirby event. :(

Jackalope
10-22-2017, 08:33 PM
I think the GM you're talking to is not personally familiar with the quest line and doesn't realize that by "Brush" Kirby quest, you mean the Cuddly Kirby quest, which requires a brush (unless you're talking about something else).

No luck contesting on my end as well and unless someone higher up looks into the data pulling process personally, I don't think there's going to be any way to contest it. All the hard evidence was wiped unless you thought to have a screenshot/video. Everything else is circumstantial since XL didn't require the achievements to have a certain ratio of quests finished (just lumped it all together). And you could've had all the items ready and have been standing right next to Kirby, but it's not guaranteed you turned it in because of the debuff or because the rotating quest wasn't in the right stage.

Pretty frustrating because while it seems like other parts of this quest/event were buggy beyond just Caring for Kirby, it's hard to verify precisely because of the way the event is set-up.

No that's the quest, its the one with the brush, so its cuddly kirby. I didn't know the name of the quests anymore and which one was which. I just know from what he is saying is that the brush one, cuddly kirby isn't even required to do the quest. Which I think is crap or I just really confused them and they have no idea what I am talking about at this point.

Nesryus
10-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Well, my son completed all of the quests and the achievement is listed as completed. 48 minutes ago he submitted a ticket and ask about it, along with a screenshot of the achievement screen showing it as completed. Within 30 minutes he got a reply and guess what? The GM said he didn't complete the "Bored Kirby"!

===

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request as we reviewed your account and characters but were unable to verify the completion of the quest "Bored Kirby" which is a requirement for this event reward. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is 996062.

Sincerely,

GM Jynnx

===

Oh darn it, just realize that achievement is combination of the quests three times. But he did completed all of the quests, as Bored Kirby was the easiest and first one he has completed. He farmed the library for three days to get the cheeses.

Jackalope
10-23-2017, 12:43 PM
GM Jynnx is the one I've been talking too as well. They have not responded back today since I showed them a picture of Caring for kirby quest. I also tried to clear up the whole brush kirby and cuddly kirby thing. Since I'm an idiot and can't remember anything. Anyways I am gonna see if I can find something else to give them. They should just give everyone the corgis like they did with the turkey since it seems more and more of the events are showing that people couldn't or didn't complete. At this point it would make sense just to give them to everyone.

Yoru
10-23-2017, 02:42 PM
I also have the Cuddly Kirby issue and customer support is being no help whatsoever! I can name the party members I ran GHA with to obtain the brush fragment, I even know when I did the quest but because their erroneous logs says no I'm treated like a liar.

It seriously hurts because of how hard I worked to paint a beautiful picture of this game on my youtube channel (youtube.com/yoruki) and now CS is treating me like trash because of a bug. I've done all the quests (yes even the cuddly Kirby) and I need those deco for an upcoming build video and I refuse to keep making Archeage a magical place if I'm treated like this.

@Celestrata @ Muzzy please help us and walk step by step through the issues with us. Clearly a few of us got a bug with the Cuddly Kirby quest and we deserve Corgi love too! Don't let our passion for the game extinguish because you can't see the players behind the data!~

Ticket #995993

Robeus
10-23-2017, 02:45 PM
I also have the Cuddly Kirby issue and customer support is being no help whatsoever! I can name the party members I ran GHA with to obtain the brush fragment, I even know when I did the quest but because their erroneous logs says no I'm treated like a liar.

It seriously hurts because of how hard I worked to paint a beautiful picture of this game on my youtube channel (youtube.com/yoruki) and now CS is treating me like trash because of a bug. I've done all the quests (yes even the cuddly Kirby) and I need those deco for an upcoming build video and I refuse to keep making Archeage a magical place if I'm treated like this.

@Celestrata @ Muzzy please help us and walk step by step through the issues with us. Clearly a few of us got a bug with the Cuddly Kirby quest and we deserve Corgi love too! Don't let our passion for the game extinguish because you can't see the players behind the data!~

Ticket #995993

I can vouch for Yoruki, I did the quest with her at the same time so I KNOW she did the quest. Come on Trion, if you haven't got the systems to check properly just give the corgis to everyone who did at least one quest, its not like they're pay2win or game breaking items, sheesh.

Jackalope
10-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Well this is hopeless. I'd like everyone to know that this sucks. Cause what they are saying is not at all true. I even showed them the screenshot I found of just of it showing just caring for kirby. I just don't know what to do at this point. I don't have any other proof that I got the soap and washed kirby. I had extra water too in the end and I remember having the tell my friend how to get the soap once you got the water.

https://i.imgur.com/4f45EXo.jpg

wooglemoogle
10-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Well this is hopeless. I'd like everyone to know that this sucks. Cause what they are saying is not at all true. I even showed them the screenshot I found of just of it showing just caring for kirby.

If that's true, I'm not sure what to say to that. I had expected that kind of evidence to confirm it (it's what I had planned on showing if I had taken a screenshot) because there is literally nothing else from the player's end that could show you've done the quest properly because there aren't any records of completed quests in the game for players besides the main story.

+1

Nesryus
10-24-2017, 03:28 AM
The GM can search through system logs to see if any quest related items were gathers and then used to craft the final item to complete a quest. But I don't know how far their logs are retained, or maybe they are just not motivated enough to do the search...

Crazysnicole
10-24-2017, 04:25 AM
They don't seem motivated to do anything other then copy & paste and call their customers liars. They apparently forget who keeps the game and in turn their jobs going....

Liikala
10-24-2017, 07:30 AM
@Muzzy or @Celestrata You guys need to look into this, seriously. We do the broken event and get told we'll be taken care of. Customer Service is telling me I did not do all 4 quests for Kirby, and I did. Bought the Bacon from the Vocation shop and fed it to him. Farmed the Library to get the cheese and spent honor to feed him. Did Mistmerrow to get the bucket and wash kirby. Did Greater dungeons and bought the brush with Merit Badges. I did everything on 2 toons. And CS tells me I didn't do one of the quests to qualify. I'd take a screenshot to prove otherwise, but you guys wiped the quest from our trackers.

Lukealex
10-24-2017, 08:05 AM
I got the reward but I know I only did the cuddly/brush quest once. But, every Kirby quest I did I turned it in during the same cycle of Kirby. If I wasn't going to complete the quest that cycle I ditched the quest just in case it would interfere with the next one. Could it maybe be that you took a quest and held on to it then turned the quest in the next day or whenever Kirby cycled back to it?

Liikala
10-24-2017, 08:10 AM
That really shouldn't matter since at the end of the event my quest tracker showed that I only had "Care for Kirby" (the broke one) left to finish "Kirby's Gift". If I had know that they were gonna screw this up like this, I would have taken screen shots.

Lukealex
10-24-2017, 08:45 AM
That really shouldn't matter since at the end of the event my quest tracker showed that I only had "Care for Kirby" (the broke one) left to finish "Kirby's Gift". If I had know that they were gonna screw this up like this, I would have taken screen shots.

Yes, and the quest would mark off when you turned it in, but if their logs were looking for accepted quest then turned in quest within a 6 hour period, that's literally the only thing I can think of other than their logs don't like a bunch of people. So...did you ever hold on to a quest/s for multiple Kirby cycles?

Crazysnicole
10-24-2017, 09:33 AM
I got the reward but I know I only did the cuddly/brush quest once. But, every Kirby quest I did I turned it in during the same cycle of Kirby. If I wasn't going to complete the quest that cycle I ditched the quest just in case it would interfere with the next one. Could it maybe be that you took a quest and held on to it then turned the quest in the next day or whenever Kirby cycled back to it?

That didn't make a difference at all. I personally held on to my quests until the next cycle. And I got the kirbys on my alts doing the same thing. So that's not something that would prevent these people from it 'completing'.

Muzzy
10-24-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm talking with the team about this now. I'll update when I have more info.

Robeus
10-24-2017, 01:42 PM

thanks Muzzy, hope you can sort it. like I said earlier, should just give them out to everyone who did at least one quest (apart from those who already got it) if the system can't detect properly

Jackalope
10-24-2017, 01:49 PM
That didn't make a difference at all. I personally held on to my quests until the next cycle. And I got the kirbys on my alts doing the same thing. So that's not something that would prevent these people from it 'completing'.

This is what I did as well. If I missed a cycle and had to wait for kirby to change in the 6 hours, I held onto the quest until the kirby I needed came back around and did it. I did this for the cheese kirby, What was that one cuddly? I think it was where he wanted the cheese. I had to wait for him to be at that point before I did the quest. I also had to wait for him to be smelly because I waited and got the bucket and then the water. I had to see him become smelly again in order to get the quest done. I remember doing it, because of this. I had the water. I had the bucket and made the soap. He became smelly and I was like yay now I can wash him. So I did and I kept the extra water in my warehouse, so the second time all I had to do was get the bucket which I got a second time during a halcy war and washed kirby a second time. All my extra water is gone now, I don't even have it anymore. I showed them enough proof to say that I did do it. Its not enough for them.

Jackalope
10-24-2017, 01:53 PM
I remember even thinking to myself how mean it was about the soap, and that it was "tear free soap" I felt bad for kirby cause the animation showed it getting all in his face and stuff. I was like aww poor kirby I hope it didn't get in his eyes.

Also I have a reply to my ticket. But I am almost afraid to read it.
*sigh* of course I did read it.

Unfortunately, we remain unable to provide any adjustments to these quest completions, as our logs do not indicate all of the event quests were completed. I do apologize, but we remain unable to assist with your request.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is 994968.

Yoru
10-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Muzzy you are our ray of hope! <3

Jackalope
10-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Muzzy you are our ray of hope! <3

That's pretty true at this point. I am not even going to respond anymore to my ticket. All its been is back and forth. Yes I did, no you didn't. etc etc.
I just don't know what to say anymore to them. I even told them it makes me want to quit because of the customer service. That's how bad its gotten. Its almost as bad as trying to talk to comcast and them saying its my fault. When its obviously not my fault.

Yoru
10-24-2017, 02:13 PM
That's pretty true at this point. I am not even going to respond anymore to my ticket. All its been is back and forth. Yes I did, no you didn't. etc etc.
I just don't know what to say anymore to them. I even told them it makes me want to quit because of the customer service. That's how bad its gotten. Its almost as bad as trying to talk to comcast and them saying its my fault. When its obviously not my fault.

I've just received mine! Thank you Muzzy and CM Link! I hope you got your Jackalope

Muzzy
10-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Happy to hear it is being resolved.

Jackalope
10-24-2017, 02:18 PM
I've just received mine! Thank you Muzzy and CM Link! I hope you got your Jackalope

I am too afraid to check at this point. I am on the verge of crying at this point. Over a game and two corgis.

Wolfessmoon
10-24-2017, 02:58 PM

I have finished all of those quests and haven't received the Corgi's how should i go about getting them @Muzzy

Crazysnicole
10-24-2017, 03:41 PM
My friend with ticket #995058 is still basically being told he's a lying. I was there when he did every quest I know he did them. >.<

And Valtrino didn't get them, and I'm sure he's likely got video of every one he did if he decided to dig through. But after hearing about how rude customer service is being to those who open tickets about it he says it's not even worth the hassle...

Evann
10-24-2017, 04:09 PM
My ticket number is 995722.

I faced the same issue. GM said i did not completed the quest.

Muzzy
10-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Hey all,
Please submit a ticket if you haven't. Keep in mind, however, that while some of you have received the corgi decos, others still may not, as per the GMs discretion based on the data they have on the back end. Thank you for your understanding. Now that there has been a solution, and direction given, i will be locking this thread.

tldr; submit a ticket if you believe you completed the requirements for the deco items. GMs will still have the final say based on data.