PDA

View Full Version : worth starting now?

Lafy
09-24-2017, 10:46 PM
hey there, i haven't played archeage for years now and i'm wondering if it's worth starting now? is it possible to catch up with other players?
i took a look into the auction house and all the gear is about 10k gold +
seems to be an enormous amount

so, main question, is it possible to catch up when i start now? or will i always be behind everyone else?

greetings

blycee
09-25-2017, 12:41 AM
Next Friday or the friday one week later they will announce 4.0 and the next FS. Probably, you should wait for that announcement because Celestrata said on reddit that the discuss about big changes and so on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/71vq1o/just_a_quick_check_in/

Lafy
09-25-2017, 12:47 AM
okay, thanks for your reply. i'll do so :)

Tigerus
09-25-2017, 05:14 AM
Get a guild and gather some mentors. Run with them dungeons for basically free celestial armor. Upgrade a dungeon weapon to divine. Then make an arias autograph from it. Choose the weapon of your choice from it and build it to T2 Mistsong. This way you get an okish gear for nearly no gold.

Should be around 4,5-5k Gearscore for 1k Gold and around 2Weeks work. Then you can step up slowly in the Geargame

hue
09-25-2017, 05:24 PM
The answer is no, it's not worth starting now. You will always be behind everyone else.

kwart
09-26-2017, 06:35 AM
In a fresh server it's worth it yeah. Gold is easy to make, and trade runs got better too.

britxr
09-26-2017, 07:34 AM
how is it worth to start on a fs server?? the previous fs server is pure evidence that u should never play on fs if u wanna enjoy this game in a long run. fs server is gonna have huge prices on gear since it has its own ah cluster and will be dead rly fast in terms of players after like 1-3 month which is exactly what happened already, now the poor ppl praying for merge with old legacy servers. never go FS server - go legacy. seriously better get a vpn and play aa ru since mail does their job better at keeping new players competitive by hosting events that give u free obsidian gear divine+\cheaper patron, more servers.. higher population etc.. gl

Lucaa
09-26-2017, 08:42 AM
I dont think this game is ever worth starting again homestly. If they make new FS servers that weren't P2W, AA would probably be one of the most popular MMOs because it rewlly is such a good game but the company is way to greedy. Its really such a shame honestly, I miss this game. I miss when the last FS servers came out and there was tons of people.

Lafy
09-27-2017, 02:57 AM
First of all i Really thank sou all for your replies.
As i read aa is mostly p2w in many forums i probably wont start ob er again. I'll habe to find Another mmo to okay thats Not wow

blycee
09-27-2017, 03:40 AM
If I would be Trion, I would start to ban this salty people. One guy more who dosen't start playing. Good job guys

Coolenough2
09-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Yes it is worth it, Archeage does more than any other MMORPG out there. Of course when you start a game 2-3 years after most others you will never be equal to the "strongest" players in the game. As long as you can accept that, then you can have tons of fun. There is so much to do in this game. This makes it possible to create your own goals and define your own success in the game. And actually one day you can be one of the "strongest" players in the game because there are many ways in which a player can contribute, lead and achieve great things that have nothing to do with typical measures of "strength".

blycee
09-28-2017, 03:21 AM
ru version - atleast 3x more population, more servers - free COMPETITIVE gear, cheap patron, lower gear gap between players . but they dont speak en however no problems finding en players there.

For me, a Part of AA is to work and "dream" for nice gear. If everybody get the gear, I worked or played a lot for, just for free or in very few time/with a less work - where is the point of the MMORPG PArt then?

I mean, its the Point to craft, gather, farm, trade etc. to grow your gear. I mean if you give new player gear for what other people worked 1000+ hours, thats not cool.

I think the sparring arena is a good implementation and probably XLGames should just create more content around sparring. With 4.0, we will have more options in sparring arena to customize and it will become very interesting.

britxr
09-28-2017, 04:04 AM
they didnt give everybody for free high END GAME GEAR, you can still work and dream about higher gear like erenor which is hard as ♥♥♥♥ to get.. the point is they gave ppl COMPETITIVE enough gear so that newcomers wont get oneshoted and actually be usefull in pvp, while the ppl that like to work and grind aa like a daily job can still work towards their p2w gear. that all made the gear gap beetwen the majority of palyerbase which is like 85%+ rly small and now they are able to play the game on competitive lvl in mass events and those who actually live in aa to get those erenor set's are happy too cause they got lots of ppl to play with. the result is all sides are happy > more population > more servers. look at the bigger picture.

second MMORPG is definitely not about doing the same action for couple of hours EVERYDAY like a bot to get something in like 6 month+ so that ull feel urself usefull and ACTUALLY start playing the game.

For me, a Part of AA is to work and "dream" for nice gear. If everybody get the gear, I worked or played a lot for, just for free or in very few time/with a less work - where is the point of the MMORPG PArt then?
I mean, its the Point to craft, gather, farm, trade etc. to grow your gear. I mean if you give new player gear for what other people worked 1000+ hours, thats not cool. - lol thats not about archeage anyway - in archeage ppl dont get RLY rewarded for their efforts in this game cause its highly RNG dependent and some 0.002% of ppl who just got lucky regrading get that gear u worked on so hard stupidly fast anyway.

SakuraCalleil
09-28-2017, 07:04 AM
@OP or anyone with a similar question about returning to the game: Wait till the next fresh start which will be soon(tm). You'll get the best experience you can get in archeage without sending more than a patron subscription (if you put 3 months in, you can go F2P after with ease).

blycee
09-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Apex were under 150g the first month of AA FS 2016 ^^

Ollolol
09-28-2017, 08:39 AM
I would play a bit now to get the feel for what has changed. You'll do a lot better on FS if you are up to speed on game mechanics.