PDA

View Full Version : In deapth question about combos

PoketheBear
04-19-2014, 11:33 PM
So I have had quite alot of fun making up builds with the ArcheAge build simulator and coming up with combos to use.
But since I lack any kind of hands on experience with the game it self, and pretty much all my knowledge about the combat is from the forum and from streams pretty much.
So to explain my question , I'm well aware that some ability's does effect that can be trigged when you use a other skill that combo with that effect. For example Ability (1) does the effect (A) And when Ability (2) have a combo effect that triggers when used with a ability that does effect (A) to increase damage and knocks down the target. And ability (2) Creates the combo Effect (B)

Now here is the question. Does ability (2) here consume the combo effect from Ability (1), or can I use a ability after ability (2) that combos with both Ability's (1)(2) effects to proc to combos at once?

Alakuu
04-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Great question. Probably consumes, I see a few problems with it not. Unless the combo effect uptime is very small. Which would basically be the same thing.
The other question is can you combo effect off of other players combo effects?!
Again I highly doubt it. But hopefully someone can give you a direct answer.

PoketheBear
04-20-2014, 12:48 AM
I suspect the same thing Alakuu. But i have been wrong before. but thanks for the Answers Alakuu :)

chickychips
04-20-2014, 01:06 AM
no it wont consumed, as long as the required effect still on, you can get as many combo effect as you want with other skills.

SnowGod
04-20-2014, 01:20 AM
The combo effects do not consume each other all the time for example:

Sorcery using the Icebolt skill you can combo it with the Fireball skill and it will not consume the Icebolt effect (That causes the combo)

Finesse using the Plunge skill then using the skill Perforation you will consume the Stun effect to cause a Kockdown effect.

PoketheBear
04-20-2014, 01:23 AM
Okey. thanks fir the answer Chickychips, but do you know if you can combo with other players combo effects? or just you're own?

chickychips
04-20-2014, 02:42 AM
yes you can do that.
example is when player(A) use Shock Arrow(from Archery skill tree) to an Enemy, the enemy will be slowed for 3s, and player(B) use Shock Arrow again to the same enemy, he'll get stunned because of the combo effect (shooting slowed Enemy with Shock Arrow will cause a stun).

Clavicula
04-20-2014, 03:19 AM
as assasins - combo changes negativ efect. if combo efect rises skill power by %, negativ efect from first skill stays.

PoketheBear
04-20-2014, 03:24 AM
Well i have all the information I Wanted and needed :D thanks for the answers Folks!