PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 Gem System Overhaul Official Discussion

Muzzy
11-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Hello Adventurers!

This thread will have been posted directly following the 4.0 Gem overhaul livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202145023) < click to watch.

There will be plenty of questions to ask and answer that we encourage you to ask here.

HOWEVER, please do make sure you watch the livestream for the initial bits of information.

Cheers,
Muzzy

luthien
11-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Q: current mistsong gems will be salvageable? and if y what mats its tear will give

TerroDragon
11-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Will the droprate of Metallic Auroria Crates be increased? the current rate is very low and it could lead to lunarite shortages.

Lin
11-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Is there a minimum level for these new gems like the old ones have? The only bow in the game with pure spirit is lvl 40 and I want to put 1.0% cast time gems in it. Will this be possible in 4.0?

Erras
11-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Will the droprate of Metallic Auroria Crates be increased? the current rate is very low and it could lead to lunarite shortages.

It was supposed to be drastically increased in 3.0, which lead to more people grinding mobs and lunarite being much more affordable in KR. We were told it was 'bugged' in our 3.0 build, and the initial rate was never implemented. We did receive a metallic crate drop rate increase in 3.5, but it still pales in comparison to what KR received.

Even though the amount of lunarite yielded from opening metallics is being increased, a massive shortage will occur if the droprate isn't brought in-line with KR rates.

Daige
11-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Question Time!

1) What will current Mistsong/Loyalty yellow gems convert into if we break them down?

2) What about current Gale / Earth Lunarite? What does that turn into? (That come from Unidentified Earth/Gale Lunarite)

3) Yellow Lunarite, I understood, was coming from Mistsong Reticules and Jade Orbs. Is this correct? If so, will our current stash of Jade Orbs work to drop yellow crystals (Do they keep the same item IDs?). Same with reticules. Can we stash them up before 4.0?

4) What happens with random Mats used in the other system? (Like memory Shards)

Thanks!

Ismokerocks
11-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Can you please clarify what the current lunarites will convert to?

Fine Fire/Wave Lunarite -> ???
Superior Fire/Wave lunarite- > ???
Fire/Wave Lunarite -> ???

Edwardo
11-17-2017, 06:35 PM
As others have asked I would be interested in knowing what the current gale/earth lunarite converts to? To the Gale/Earth Glows?

What about the unidentified versions: Unidentified Earth Lunarite, Unidentified Gale Lunarite, Unidentified Brilliant Yellow Lunarite? Can you still open these and if so what do they provide?

What about Sealed Clear/Vivid Lunagem's from Mistsong that are currently a mat to make the blue crit dmg/heal gems? Can they be converted to anything or can we still open these, if so what do they give?

Have they indicated why they are moving evasion from gloves but not parry, outside of just general archer hate?

Elorin
11-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Will the Fine Wave/Fine Fire lunarite that drops from the Heart of Ayanad be converted to the new types, or will it just be discontinued as a drop from that boss?

ERose
11-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Great Fantastic ..... now where is the written list????
We want to know things in writting.

Turambaredolas
11-17-2017, 11:36 PM
What will happen to unidentified lunarite?

Ultrices
11-18-2017, 04:17 AM
Question 1: What will the gear score be for each of the new and old gems? Will the gs be changing for old gems to compensate for the new gems? On the live stream, it was said the radiant(arcane/t4) honor gems are currently 70 gs, which is incorrect, they are 35 gs, and the new splendid(arcane/t2) gems, will be 40 gs which would be higher than the current gems. I think I am missing something.

Question 2: What gems will be available for wrists? Even omnom.io has it blank.

oreorule
11-18-2017, 06:09 AM
Hello Muzzy!
Thanks for taking time out to keep answering questions! I have a few based off some information given in the livestream that I didn't understand or that something close to it was mentioned but not it specifically.
1.) Treasure maps and hereafter gates both give unidentified lunarite(yellow and earth). Will they continue giving lunarite, and if so, will it be an unidentified or will it be just a standard given lunarite?
2.) There are currently 3 different types of yellow and earth lunarites. Dust, fragment, orb. Is this continued in 4.0, or will it simply be one set type for yellow and earth?
3.) Based off question 2, as well as your mentioning that you need to upgrade the lunarites, will all of the earth and yellow lunarites I have saved transfer over to the new types, or is it done in sets and any remainders will be trash?
Thank you for taking time out and trying to reply!

Mongoose X
11-18-2017, 06:36 AM
Will we be able to safely remove hero gems?

Is the toughness being increase to 300?

Will the old gems remain at 176 or will they auto convert to 300?

ERose
11-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Where is the written list of changes????

Hemox
11-18-2017, 01:33 PM
anyone know if the prestige mat you need for gems is gonna be tradable or is it bound?

Erras
11-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Out of the 20 current skill gems, 10 are said to be removed. According to omnom.io, the KR build itself, and other sources, some of the remaining gems that affect skills will be slightly changed. For instance, the current T3 frigid tracks lunagem is -0.4 seconds cast time. In Korea, the new t2 frigid tracks gem is a -15% cast time. Is this going to be the correct new version for us? Will people that still have the old -0.4 cast time gems be able to use them post-patch like other old gems, or will an of the old skill gems be converted into the new versions?

Could we please get written clarification regarding the conversion rates for OLD t1/t2/t3 lunarites into the NEW t1/t2 lunarites system? I feel that the portion of the livestream covering the exact rates was not very clear and left a lot up in the air.

Thank you all.

AKI
11-18-2017, 06:46 PM
Question 1: What will the gear score be for each of the new and old gems? Will the gs be changing for old gems to compensate for the new gems? On the live stream, it was said the radiant(arcane/t4) honor gems are currently 70 gs, which is incorrect, they are 35 gs, and the new splendid(arcane/t2) gems, will be 40 gs which would be higher than the current gems. I think I am missing something.

Question 2: What gems will be available for wrists? Even omnom.io has it blank.

^^^ this

Aleia
11-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Question Time!

1) What will current Mistsong/Loyalty yellow gems convert into if we break them down?

2) What about current Gale / Earth Lunarite? What does that turn into? (That come from Unidentified Earth/Gale Lunarite)

3) Yellow Lunarite, I understood, was coming from Mistsong Reticules and Jade Orbs. Is this correct? If so, will our current stash of Jade Orbs work to drop yellow crystals (Do they keep the same item IDs?). Same with reticules. Can we stash them up before 4.0?

4) What happens with random Mats used in the other system? (Like memory Shards)

Thanks!
I got the same questions, especially about the third one. Would be great to know if we can stack up jars and reticules!

nummymuffin
11-18-2017, 11:17 PM
They do t want to put it in writing because then we could see the differences between our version and others and then we would be left wondering why everything needs an item only obtainable through the cash shop when the others don't have it

Bownedd
11-19-2017, 10:18 PM
So to craft these new gems you have to buy the T1 gem from the honor store, then upgrade it to T2 with the same color lunarite and charcoal? We don't have to have these flux stones or catalyst stones? Whats the prof req. to craft these gems up to T2?

Gowda
11-20-2017, 12:16 AM
Will the present days (3.5) Unidentified Lunarite be used in 4.0?
if yes can we store them and open them in 4.0 or should we open them now and and convert them later in 4.0?

Furyion
11-20-2017, 02:44 PM
During the live stream, there was mention of a spreadsheet that was going to be released. I haven't yet seen it, and was curious if I had just missed it.

Anveena
11-20-2017, 05:07 PM
During the live stream, there was mention of a spreadsheet that was going to be released. I haven't yet seen it, and was curious if I had just missed it.

TTTTheBlueMuzzy - Today at 00:13
I have yet to be able to finish writing this Gem article because I have yet to get all of the answers.

From Muzzy on EU discord today. I guess they are still collecting info.

Jandrea
11-20-2017, 11:55 PM
What happens to the lunascales in the prestige shop? They said shield defense penetration rate gems and evasion gems are going away. Those are currently in the guild prestige shop. What will be in the prestige shop instead?

I want to know so I can decide if I want to save or spend my prestige.

Jeff
11-21-2017, 03:17 AM
Did I understand correctly that, although KR has taken old gems out of the game completely and we are requesting to keep old gems in gear, as well as, allow future slotting of these gems?

Wouldn't that make any future class balancing be done with only the new gems in mind, and not old gems, and certainly not double stacking new and old gems?

If I'm not mistaken, this could potentially break future game balances.

---

Examples:

1a) KR takes evasion out of the game. KR buffs archers... "Cool, Archers are brought in line with other classes"
1b) NA keeps evasion in the game. NA buffs archers... "Cool, Archers are demigods."

2a) KR takes out gem that boosts damage of "Skill-A". KR buffs "Skill-A"...."I really like the changes to "Skill-A".
2b) NA keeps the gem that boosts "Skill-A", and possibly allows for double-stacking of "Skill-A" gems. NA then buffs "SKill-A"...."I only need to use one button in this game, Skill-Ahahahahahahahahahaha"

---

With that in mind, I'm sure you could come up with a compromise that wouldn't sting those who have worked hard for their gems. Where maybe the old gems can be traded for equivalent of new gems in NA version. I dont have that answer, but I am weary of the balance implications of your team's requests regarding gem balance.

Before someone chimes in about the game not being balanced around gems. You can't tell me that (for example) taking Evasion gemming right out of the game, while skills affect evasion, wouldn't be relative.

pavmelas
11-21-2017, 06:55 AM
is anything diferent in the stream from omnom ? cause i dont have the time to go through this mindless show talks to extract the relevant info from gibberish talks.

If you want to hand in information please WRITE THINGS DOWN like OMNOM did.

Thanks

Edwardo
11-21-2017, 08:20 AM
is anything diferent in the stream from omnom ? cause i dont have the time to go through this mindless show talks to extract the relevant info from gibberish talks.

If you want to hand in information please WRITE THINGS DOWN like OMNOM did.

Thanks

They said during the live stream they would be providing tables and such this week.

Of course they also said to post here to get answers to your questions...

Edwardo
11-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Before someone chimes in about the game not being balanced around gems. You can't tell me that (for example) taking Evasion gemming right out of the game, while skills affect evasion, wouldn't be relative.

I think a more important question in regards to balance is why remove evasion in the first place and yet leave parry gems.

Ollolol
11-21-2017, 12:49 PM
I think it's a bad idea to allow players to mix and match new gems on items that have old gems. I also think it's a mistake to diverge from the KR style of not being able to socket old gems anymore in 4.0.

New and returning players will not be able to acquire these gems. You're putting them at a disadvantage by allowing existing players to have something the new players can not.

You really need to consider how to get new players to stick around. This design achieves the opposite.

Focslain
11-21-2017, 01:37 PM
I think it's a bad idea to allow players to mix and match new gems on items that have old gems. I also think it's a mistake to diverge from the KR style of not being able to socket old gems anymore in 4.0.

New and returning players will not be able to acquire these gems. You're putting them at a disadvantage by allowing existing players to have something the new players can not.

You really need to consider how to get new players to stick around. This design achieves the opposite.

Well, here's the thing.

If you noticed the new T2 gems are just under the current T3. Xl is basically doing a tier crunch on the gem side. So while old players have the slightly better gems, that cost them a pretty penny to get.

As opposed to new and returning players that have a much easier system to deal with and (depending on your luck) an overall cheaper system. This allows them the ability to have a bit of a catch up without completely negating those that worked using a more brutal system in the past.

illspirit
11-22-2017, 12:24 AM
New players getting gems into gear easier is only a short term hurdle.

In the long run, they will never be able to attain the stats of older players.

There are things vets should be entitled to, unattainable stats/skill increases are not one of them.

Theres a good reason XL didn't adhere to Trions request.

illspirit
11-22-2017, 09:43 AM
When it boils down to old and new gems discussion, it comes down to whether Trion would lean towards pleasing (older) playerbase or overall population health. Sure, please the older playerbase will make everyone happier short term, but there is already an issue with geargap for newer players.

I personally would rather see the game grow.

Alphacake
11-25-2017, 04:21 AM
They said during the live stream they would be providing tables and such this week.

Of course they also said to post here to get answers to your questions...

Maybe they just meant some questions, and maybe those were hopefully going to be answered by the community.

....the more you neverknow.

Taikai
11-25-2017, 06:47 PM
so for new gems there is only p/m.def for wrists?

also with the 4.5 skill patch what will the new occultism skill gem be seeing as stillness is being moved to witchcraft.

ashyla
11-26-2017, 02:24 PM
What's the use of talking about gems? if you caught the game. Preventing Craft. And they still lie to us. It is written on the screen: Double drop. But you go to the library and never drop the item you want. In my case Pygmy Skull. Stop locking the game the population is decreasing for this.

Sauceee
11-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Have to agree with some questions in the thread, why should new players come into the game if they do not have the chance to get to the same level of gear no matter how much effort they put in the game?

With the removal of the crafting of the old gems you are continuing that bad design you did earlier with some gear pieces like:

Best in slot item: Unlimited PvP Tournament ring that could only be acquired by a choosen group of players by Trion (1 Time exclusive Event, never saw again after 1 year)
https://puu.sh/yuOIK/81b581f481.png
Obsidian pieces that suddenly granded less stats than older versions (Example: Increased Magic Attack 26 vs 24.7)
https://puu.sh/yuOP7/672fdc2ebd.pnghttps://puu.sh/yuOQZ/5f69f0ad2e.png
Etc.

Again the question, why are you continuing making gear unable to be acquired by new players ever again? If there will be a T3 version in future (probably years) you still cannot fix the lack of evasion gems etc. people already gemmed.

Randomnoob
11-28-2017, 03:19 AM
I farmed 6hrs this 1Star Mobs in Aegis and got 1 Time 1 Aurora Chest and 1 Time 5 Aurora Chests in 1 Hour all in all i got 17 Aurora Chests with Double Drop Event.Heres a Pic what i got in that 6hrs(opened ca 150ancestral crates).

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34377678/Crates.jpg.html

Like you can see i kill ca 350 Mobs per Hour what isnt bad i think.That means i kill 2100 Mobs and got 17!! Aurora Chests with DOUBLE DROP.WTF Hell..but ok so i bought some Aurora Chests to check the Rate to get a fine Lunarite drop.

Believe me or not after 50 Chests only 1 give me fine wave Lunarite (14pieces).So lets do some Math.To reach the 50 Aurora Chests with only farming i would need 18hrs with a double Drop event,
maybe i was unlucky with opening but 14 fine wave lunarite in 50 boxes is more then a bad joke..and the best is for the T2 Gems that are incoming you will need atleast 18 fine lunarite.The new Gems are OP that means i will need 38Gems to regem my Gear,Bow and Instrument.

When i finished 1!! Gem in 18hrs pure Farming i would need 684hours to get my gear full with gems...684 hrs in other words 28days of 18 hrs farming a day..are you srs bro :mad:

Furyion
11-28-2017, 09:48 AM

Has this happened yet?

Edwardo
11-28-2017, 09:51 AM
I love that a thread was created to ask questions in and we have received zero answers, not even a single response, and none of the materials promised during the live stream were ever posted.

Thankfully the patch isn't next week... oh wait.

Muido
11-28-2017, 09:57 AM
I farmed 6hrs this 1Star Mobs in Aegis and got 1 Time 1 Aurora Chest and 1 Time 5 Aurora Chests in 1 Hour all in all i got 17 Aurora Chests with Double Drop Event.Heres a Pic what i got in that 6hrs(opened ca 150ancestral crates).

Like you can see i kill ca 350 Mobs per Hour what isnt bad i think.That means i kill 2100 Mobs and got 17!! Aurora Chests with DOUBLE DROP.WTF Hell..but ok so i bought some Aurora Chests to check the Rate to get a fine Lunarite drop.

Believe me or not after 50 Chests only 1 give me fine wave Lunarite (14pieces).So lets do some Math.To reach the 50 Aurora Chests with only farming i would need 18hrs with a double Drop event,
maybe i was unlucky with opening but 14 fine wave lunarite in 50 boxes is more then a bad joke..and the best is for the T2 Gems that are incoming you will need atleast 18 fine lunarite.The new Gems are OP that means i will need 38Gems to regem my Gear,Bow and Instrument.

When i finished 1!! Gem in 18hrs pure Farming i would need 684hours to get my gear full with gems...684 hrs in other words 28days of 18 hrs farming a day..are you srs bro :mad:

350 mobs per hour is pretty bad. Whats your gear? For comparison, i got around 12 metal crates an hour in DS which is fine for me, since i dont bother going there for 60 minutes non stop power farming mobs, so you could even get more with some lootbuffs and non stop farming. Also why would you farm Aegis if you want metal crates? Go to DS while its in war. Also if i remember correctly, they said on the last livestream that there will be a buff to the lunarit drop from metal crates, so opening them now is just simply stupid, since you also miss out on the new lunarit.

Nerdwaffen
11-28-2017, 10:29 AM

Dude... https://i.imgur.com/RdKZkfe.jpg

Xtorting
11-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Gem updates should be detailed in the patch notes coming with the PTR update today.

Muzzy
11-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Hi all,
Just catching you all up - We received a PTS build from XL, and it was the incorrect build. This makes it difficult to confirm any of the major points about the gem system. We have to wait for XL to deliver a correct build in order to give you all accurate information. Some of the gem system features are not functioning as we've reported or expected or requested in this build, so we're following up with XL.

Muzzy

youtube Jasonwivart
11-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello Adventurers!

This thread will have been posted directly following the 4.0 Gem overhaul livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202145023) < click to watch.

There will be plenty of questions to ask and answer that we encourage you to ask here.

HOWEVER, please do make sure you watch the livestream for the initial bits of information.

Cheers,
Muzzy

this thread is a prime reason of why people do not trust a single word you guys ever say about" we are changing, we are communicating more..." and why ever time you say that stuff you get laughed at. No updates what so ever after what 2 weeks.

Randomnoob
11-28-2017, 01:33 PM
I wrote in the first Post that i killed the 1 Star apes in the Aegis Zone,they have 55k life and i kill 6-7 of them in 1 min thats 350k damage in that 1 min rly bad i know..the mobs dont stand in grp`s so you cant rly aoe farm.for sure i can go to DS and 1 hit everything with one jump so that i have 800 kills per hr but i want the goblets from the aegis monsters...

Muzzy
11-28-2017, 01:34 PM
I have expressed this before -

I do no prefer to give out information until it is completely confirmed. Holding information until it is confirmed means we generally have all the answers ready and the flip-flop of outcomes is minimal to zero. During the time we are collecting and confirming information we don't have any to deliver, so it is can be seen as a lack of updates. But when we do deliver, it is solid info.

Sometimes we have to deliver information before it is completely confirmed. This is problematic for the above reasons, but also because, even with the "unconfirmed caveat" there is potential for that information to be perceived as final when it isn't. Then it feels like a promise, which may be flip-flopped later when the outcome is finally released.

Pros for releasing info early:
- Gives players an idea of what is coming so they can prepare
- Players may provide feedback that can alter the path of the changes
- Timed well with media release to build hype - can help get new players into the game, or returning players

Cons for releasing info early:
- Even caveated information can be taken as a "promise" that players get attached to
- Players may prepare incorrectly because the system/feature may change
- Media releases may then be incorrect once the actual system/feature launches

I can't think of more right now, but I've had many long conversations about this kind of thing and always feel torn. It can be situational, and there are definitely more reasons in both categories for this. Many other games don't release information early - they just put it out on the day of. I'm not always a fan of that approach, but sometimes it's the right way to go.

I do try to be transparent about as much as I can be. But that also comes with its own risks.

Sorry, I didn't mean to break my own rules and hijack this thread, but I wanted to explain the way I think about releasing information. This Gem system is a good example of how it all got messed up. It's super important to let everyone know as early as possible because it affects how they play the game going forward, but unfortunately, it isn't all solid information that we didn't know wasn't going to hold up. We're working with XL to get this situation organized.

Cheers,
Muzzy

Furyion
11-28-2017, 01:41 PM
The question really is, will the update be pushed back? You just said that the received build was not up to par for the standards you guys were seeking.

Daige
11-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Constructive Criticism:

There is a difference between not having the information for technical reasons and vanishing for a week and half after you told us to create a thread with questions after a livestream (and where you stated, I may add, that you were going to ask XL our questions, not just wait till PTS was released and answer it then).

If there are technical issues, fine, but let people know what's going on, like Celestrata did with the PTS situation.

When people deride Trion's communication, it's not because you give us bad news, it's because you don't talk to us. This is why people get mad and it hurts your reputation and your equity, while also turning this board into a snooty postfest.

If you're serious about what you said in the Maelstrom letter, that is the bolded, underlined, bullet point 1A of what needs to be changed. Keep your promises and if you can't, give a reason. Faster than in a week and half.

Thrag
11-30-2017, 06:51 AM
Can you yet confirm that we'll be able to socket the older gems?

In KR/RU they're only able to recover the materials.

Imo, a prety important thing to know and ridiculous that it's not yet confirmed 6 days before the patch.

Taikai
11-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Can you yet confirm that we'll be able to socket the older gems?

In KR/RU they're only able to recover the materials.

Imo, a prety important thing to know and ridiculous that it's not yet confirmed 6 days before the patch.

they said in the live stream they had made a request to XL that they remain socketable in our version, so as long as trion gets the correct version of the patch we should be able to. personally i hope we can choose to either socket or salavage them. I got a few old gems i would like to replace with the new ones now that we can safely remove them at a reasonable cost

Edwardo
11-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Today we will get a new official 'discussion' for the live stream later today....

Muzzy
11-30-2017, 01:17 PM
The PTS will be available at 3 PM PST today. If you jump in there to check out the gem system, keep in mind that it isn't fully working and isn't represented entirely yet. We're still waiting on the proper build from XL to determine which changes are definitely in the release.

Thrag
11-30-2017, 01:22 PM
they said in the live stream they had made a request to XL that they remain socketable in our version, so as long as trion gets the correct version of the patch we should be able to. personally i hope we can choose to either socket or salavage them. I got a few old gems i would like to replace with the new ones now that we can safely remove them at a reasonable cost

That would likely require XL to come up with some method to break down the gem, maybe evenstone, but it would require more work on their end.

I too would like to have the choice though.. I'm just unsure how likely this is to happen considering how little they tend to diverge from other builds.

Etheldreda
11-30-2017, 01:28 PM
The PTS will be available at 3 PM PST today. If you jump in there to check out the gem system, keep in mind that it isn't fully working and isn't represented entirely yet. We're still waiting on the proper build from XL to determine which changes are definitely in the release.

So you say that less 1 week before the real patch you don't have it full...maybe time to delay the patch for let do some real test on it and, unlike all other big patch, do a proper patch without bug.

Muzzy
11-30-2017, 03:13 PM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?334345-PTS-Downtime-11-27-at-11-30-AM-PST-(7-30-PM-UTC)&p=2655550&viewfull=1#post2655550

Head over here for more information regarding the PTS and the current system shown there.

BloodyAlex
11-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Question: @muzzy
will trion somehow bring fine lunarites into the game with 4.0?
or there would be a big shortage of lunarites with the new upcomming gems?

illspirit
12-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Can you at least tell us if you plan on pushing for the use of old gems?

The already ridiculous gear gap will become quite literally impossible to bridge if thats the case.

New and returning players would like to know if the game is worth playing anymore. I'm holding my wallet and ready to dump it out.

Muzzy
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
If you haven't already, you could watch the livestream where we discussed the goals of this patch with the gem overhaul. I listed the link in the original post, but here is another link for you to follow:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202145023

This will explain all of the things we pushed for.

illspirit
12-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Balance:
Do you plan on changing every balance patch coming out of KR to make up for removed SKILL gems, Evasion etc gems still being in the game?

Gear Gap:
https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/6z5pvi/5_reasons_the_game_is_struggling/dmyb1hm/

On a personal level, I think this is one of the greatest challenges facing our game right now. Gear disparity affects so many disparate systems, which in turn affects the experience that our veteran players, returning players, and new players experience the game. I'm sure you realize, but even your own video's multiple problems keep looping back to gear disparity, even instances in which you didn't mention it.
But ultimately it comes down to this: No one likes two-shotting. It's not fun. It's briefly fun for the person to do the two shotting, but ultimately it becomes boring and petty. And it really sucks to be the person getting two-shotted, especially when you can't respond back to a strike.
We've already brought this up in a few meetings with our friends at XL and have identified it as a serious issue that needs to be looked at in the coming months. I'm of the opinion, and I've said this in our meetings, that we need to revisit how we handle stats on gear. This is a good long term solution because it can reduce the power level in the game while still making high end gear worthwhile, but it is hard to do because players worked really hard to achieve the gear they have.
Any reduction in their power would be perceived as a hard nerf, and people don't like being in that position. But I think if we could reduce stats across the board and get our early and mid-endgame gear up to a level where it can compete in PvP and PvE, that would feel so much better in combat and incentivize folks to play in groups and in major conflicts, rather than shying away from it. High end gear can still offer a bonus, but that bonus should be reduced so it doesn't swing battles so heavily.

Yet, you just blatantly admitted to requesting XL to go out of their way to increase the gear gap with the new gem overhaul.

Edwardo
12-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Ok we are now past the original release date. Are we still not able to get answers to the many questions posted in this thread?

illspirit
12-07-2017, 05:26 AM
XL is probably still fighting them over their requests to imbalance the game (further).

ERose
12-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Well, got good new and bad news today.

FINALLY a list of the gems was released, however it only shows what stats will go in what piece (which is good to know) but does NOT give the amount.
*edit - this information COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO US SOONER

More information on how the gems will be made is listed and where the mats will be found. (good)

Older gems can still be used......
BUT old gems will not be able to be broken down (salvaged) - "We had lobbied for old gems to be salvageable once Maelstrom arrives, however the developers at XL decided not to provide this feature. We know it would be preferable to allow for salvaging, so we’ll continue to advocate for that change." (not so good)

Muzzy
12-08-2017, 01:51 PM
*edit - this information COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO US SOONER

We gave it to you 2 days after we were certain of this information. I would have liked to have been able to give it to you 3-4 weeks ago.

ERose
12-08-2017, 02:03 PM
We gave it to you 2 days after we were certain of this information. I would have liked to have been able to give it to you 3-4 weeks ago.

1. 3.7 (not 4.0) was where most of thes changes started and was released in South Korea in April
2. November we were promised a list of gems
3. 2 days ago was on Dec 6 - the original 4.0 release date (before it got pushed back a week to the 13th)

The timeline does make some of us wonder why it took so long. Are the changes that much different from what was released in the South Korean version?

Gamepro03
12-08-2017, 02:27 PM
1. 3.7 (not 4.0) was where most of thes changes started and was released in South Korea in April
2. November we were promised a list of gems
3. 2 days ago was on Dec 6 - the original 4.0 release date (before it got pushed back a week to the 13th)

The timeline does make some of us wonder why it took so long. Are the changes that much different from what was released in the South Korean version?

Considering that our Gems will not be salvageable like they are in Korea, despite Trion trying to get us both salvageable and still usable old gems, yes.

Noxm
12-08-2017, 02:32 PM
XL is probably still fighting them over their requests to imbalance the game (further).

They are not fighting they are just saying to Trion you cant have both feature salvaging and keep the old lunagem socketable.

Its Trion who choosed the wrong feature. they can savage their old lunagem in 3.7/4.0 in KR.

ERose
12-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Considering that our Gems will not be salvageable like they are in Korea, despite Trion trying to get us both salvageable and still usable old gems, yes.

A bit of clarification: I am talking about JUST the list of what goes where not the how.
Looking at the list given to us today, it looks just like the one on omnom.oi (I have not found any differences yet).
That was posted MONTHS ago.

So, yes, I believe that the LIST could have been released before today.

As far as the salvaging, did Trion say that we would be able too or just keep the old gems? (I cant remember if it was or was not stated)

StrappedBunny
12-08-2017, 03:32 PM
what happens to unidentified lunarite in 4.0?

"Also, there are no changes to Lunafrosts in Maelstrom, or to the functionality of Hero gems – though the stats for Hero gems have changed. Hero gems will also be unsocketable."

Hero gems are unsocketable what? isn't this a "special" reward to those that were chosen by their particular servers and blah blah blah? why are they unsocketable? wut........

"We had lobbied for old gems to be salvageable once Maelstrom arrives, however the developers at XL decided not to provide this feature. We know it would be preferable to allow for salvaging, so we’ll continue to advocate for that change."

old gems aren't salvageable? like again wut? rip people who saved up prestige through prestige gems and hoarders that stocked up old t1,t2,t3 gems lol

i mean why would we wanna continue socketing gems we cannot even make. make them salvageable.

this is why you guys should just get us the korean version and tell everyone that you'll try to make old gems usable and move forward. not sideways and backwards.

Muzzy
12-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Sorry for the confusion bunny,
I've updated the article to say what I really meant - Hero gems will be able to be extracted and resocketed.

StrappedBunny
12-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the confusion bunny,
I've updated the article to say what I really meant - Hero gems will be able to be extracted and resocketed.

ok ty sorry for the salt

Culland
12-08-2017, 09:44 PM

This is really the issue. Why are you, the publisher, finding out important aspects of the patch 2 days ago? Its a patch that was supposed to come out in Sept, we havent had an update in 6 months, yet here we are days after the original release date and we are just finding out things like 'you wont be able to salvage gems even though you could in KR' instead of 3-4 weeks ago when you, the producer, should have had this info.

It's not like they tried to implement something and it just didnt work out technically for the release date. The salvage system is already in place in KR, so this is really just a decision was made not to let us have it. Seems like that decision could have been made in a more timely fashion.

Etheldreda
12-09-2017, 06:26 AM
@TRION: you have an easy way to pass the "decision of xl" to not alow us to convert old gem: you can do it manually with the client service but that take time (you can delete item from inventory i know that and you can give back component because you can create item).

shylex
12-13-2017, 01:52 PM
i thought from what i understand of the korean server that we would have the ability to break down old lunagems for their lunarite and labor pots? is this not being included on NA and EU or are we just being forced to wait for the full 4.0 build?

Focslain
12-13-2017, 02:13 PM
i thought from what i understand of the korean server that we would have the ability to break down old lunagems for their lunarite and labor pots? is this not being included on NA and EU or are we just being forced to wait for the full 4.0 build?

It was not included in the our 4.0 build. Instead we got the ability to unsocket the old gems. Something KR doesn't have. Trion wanted both unsocketing and salvage abilities, but only got one.

shylex
12-13-2017, 02:15 PM
is that supposed to make it better? lmao

Focslain
12-13-2017, 02:51 PM
is that supposed to make it better? lmao

Honestly? I'd prefer a pure salvage to extraction, but take what you can get I guess.

CaptainJake
12-13-2017, 03:59 PM
How in the world does

10 wave lunarite ---> 1fine lunarite

but

50 fine lunarite ----> 1 Superior Lunarite

How in the hell?

Alphacake
12-14-2017, 03:13 AM
How in the world does

10 wave lunarite ---> 1fine lunarite

but

50 fine lunarite ----> 1 Superior Lunarite

How in the hell?

I want a response to this

Alphacake
12-14-2017, 03:16 AM
Last night gems were going for 130. But usually the t2 was 3 to 4g. Making them 50 to 1 is grossly misguided and it needs to be fixed.

Sierro
12-14-2017, 05:04 AM
I'm posting here bc every other forum about the new patch says I need a lvl 15 char to post on forums (has ancestral lvl 7)

So I see you guys found that eo friendly fuel doesn't work but it also takes the item regardless.

Other interesting bugs

The low tax 8x8 farms are all bleach white (checked on multiple systems and accounts)

All of my accounts except for one had 141 merit badges when I logged in the one that didn't had 141 gilda stars

Each account had these amounts of the items before the update:
41 merit badges and 50 gilda
350 merit badges and 411 gilda
451merit badges and 250 gilda

Finally, just a complaint about the free items, as ancestral lvl 7 I can't use any of them. I already had 3 skill saver pendants, and with 3.5 you gave out soulforged gear for free with the warriors guards and belts. This time the gear is waay worse, even the acc are worthless.
I mean it would hav ebeen nice to atleast get those warrior guards and belts again since there is a lot of people who missed out on them and some who chose to get a Duun's Blessing instead who would have liked to get those items they missed out on.

Overall, this game seems to have more issues now than ever between forums not recognizing your account's character levels, to connection/DDoS issues. An now things that weren't part of the update being effected in game breaking ways. Not to mention
the most worthless giveaways ever that majority of your game base can't even use. Oh and the new Siege event we were all anticipating bc of the update is now pushed back and or cancelled. So yeah this was a huge let down.

This has been months of waiting to see something good and its all bad. As someone who was spending an average of $120 a month on your game I'm am sorry to say I'm an cutting ties with you guys from here on out.

All of your system changes, Folio, gear changes were all pointless and yeah this basically ruined the game for me.

Sierro
12-14-2017, 05:05 AM
Also this is only the fresh start account I'm talking about you guys lost me on the legacy account a while ago (been playing since launch and now I'm done) Thanks for ruining the game

shylex
12-16-2017, 11:01 AM
will we be getting the ability to salvage lunascales for prestige, honor gems for honor, and old lunagems for lunarite and labor pots, or is this not ever going to be included? i would like to know as i was saving old gems i had to salvage and then never was given the opportunity

ashyla
12-17-2017, 11:39 AM
I will answer here the same as I answered in the other topic
How do you guys want to bring players in, locking them up. It's been 6 months since I've been going to the library and I'm not dropping my item. This discourages any player. Think about it. 6 months I try to drop Pygmy Skull. In six months droped 1 unit. This is extremely ridiculous. Raise the game's drope rate and players are back. I know a lot of players who have been playing on the private server because you got too locked the game. Many players here have grown tired of such locks, and now they're all playing in ArcheRage private server. to make an account there and see if I'm lying. Think about it and unlock the evolution of the game. Game on reckoning server. My sincere apologies for my words

ashyla
12-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Have to agree with some questions in the thread, why should new players come into the game if they do not have the chance to get to the same level of gear no matter how much effort they put in the game?

With the removal of the crafting of the old gems you are continuing that bad design you did earlier with some gear pieces like:

Best in slot item: Unlimited PvP Tournament ring that could only be acquired by a choosen group of players by Trion (1 Time exclusive Event, never saw again after 1 year)
https://puu.sh/yuOIK/81b581f481.png
Obsidian pieces that suddenly granded less stats than older versions (Example: Increased Magic Attack 26 vs 24.7)
https://puu.sh/yuOP7/672fdc2ebd.pnghttps://puu.sh/yuOQZ/5f69f0ad2e.png
Etc.

Again the question, why are you continuing making gear unable to be acquired by new players ever again? If there will be a T3 version in future (probably years) you still cannot fix the lack of evasion gems etc. people already gemmed.

I will answer here the same as I answered in the other topic
How do you guys want to bring players in, locking them up. It's been 6 months since I've been going to the library and I'm not dropping my item. This discourages any player. Think about it. 6 months I try to drop Pygmy Skull. In six months droped 1 unit. This is extremely ridiculous. Raise the game's drope rate and players are back. I know a lot of players who have been playing on the private server because you got too locked the game. Many players here have grown tired of such locks, and now they're all playing in ArcheRage private server. to make an account there and see if I'm lying. Think about it and unlock the evolution of the game. Game on reckoning server. My sincere apologies for my words

shylex
12-17-2017, 02:56 PM
i will continue to post this until i get an answer... will we be getting the ability to salvage lunascales for prestige, honor gems for honor, and old lunagems for lunarite and labor pots, or is this not ever going to be included? i would like to know as i was saving old gems i had to salvage and then never was given the opportunity

shylex
12-18-2017, 12:26 PM
ok so im going to keep posting until i get an answer, do we get to salvage gems or am i just going to stop wasting my time playing this game?

shylex
12-19-2017, 09:56 PM
ill we be getting the ability to salvage lunascales for prestige, honor gems for honor, and old lunagems for lunarite and labor pots, or is this not ever going to be included?