PDA

View Full Version : Logging into New Glyph with Old Glyph

Scapes
08-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi all!

We've just completed updating Glyph on our end. Anyone who currently has the old version of Glyph open will not get the normal messaging that states their Glyph authenticator code is in their email. Instead, they will simply get an authentication failed message. The Glyph authenticator code will still be sent to their email.

The fix for this is easy: simply close out Glyph and download the latest update. After this has been completed they will simply get the regular authenticator code messaging.

NZ1
08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
the new glyph only has room for 6 numbers, the authentication is 8 numbers
nothing in my mail either

sploitinAA
08-29-2014, 08:38 PM

same thing on my main game account (this is not my main acct.)

EDIT: actually just went ahead and hit enter with only the 6 of 8 digits showing and it logged me in.
Not showing all 8 digits is going to cause a lot of confusion, you guys might want to fix that.
Just a side note, I'm using Winauth.

Sir Nonagon
08-29-2014, 08:41 PM
the authenticator has 6 numbers. and has since i downloaded it 3 weeks ago.

NZ1
08-29-2014, 08:43 PM
same thing on my main game account (this is not my main acct.)

EDIT: actually just went ahead and hit enter with only the 6 of 8 digits showing and it logged me in.
Not showing all 8 digits is going to cause a lot of confusion, you guys might want to fix that.

yea thats right

ProtosX
08-29-2014, 09:19 PM
yup its working! thanks for the implementation of an additional security level. i myself dont mind even if this authenticator ask me for the code everytime i log into glyph. this is for our protection and cooperation is a must!

btw, do you guys plan to release the info about the numbers of servers on head start? or you have to wait for OBT result to determine how many servers will it be in head start? thanks

Neva
08-29-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm I missing something? I can login with no prompt and never had to enter a code.

Noxyaura
08-29-2014, 09:34 PM
It's always been 6 digits for me.

sploitinAA
08-29-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm I missing something? I can login with no prompt and never had to enter a code.

The forums do not require the 2FA, only logging into your account
via Trion web page and/or logging into Glyph requires it.

Neva
08-29-2014, 10:22 PM
I can login to my account and the alpha server and have never been asked for a code.

WinAuth
08-29-2014, 11:44 PM
I've just uploaded a new version of WinAuth, 3.1.8, that shows the 6 digit version of the code rather than the 8 for a Glyph authenticator.

Trodas
08-30-2014, 01:31 AM
I can login to my account and the alpha server and have never been asked for a code.

I logged into my alpha account a few minutes ago and didn't have to enter a code. So I then tried my second desktop PC that I had been using for a second founders account for the beta tests and that one did generate an email authentication code.

The only difference I can think of is that the archeum founder's pack is linked to my longstanding Trion account where I have been sent Rift coinlock emails in the past. So they may have the IP address given to me by my ISP. They probably won't have actual PC's individual ID though as it's only a few months old and has never been used for any other Trion game yet.

Hopefully working as intended.

Leila
08-30-2014, 02:09 AM
I'm supposed to get the code in my email ? cuz I got nothing

Herdo
08-30-2014, 02:33 AM

Should be fixed ASAP!
Neither got an email.

WNxArcticwolf
08-30-2014, 02:38 AM
I get error 2024 now!.

Scarr
09-01-2014, 07:15 AM
My RIFT Authenticator gives me 8 digits in the format XXXX-XXXX. When I used your Glyph app, it only verbosed me 6 digits back in the form of XXX-XXX, however I typed in all 8 digits from the RIFT authenticator and it allowed me to pass. Thats an issue.