PDA

View Full Version : Returning player, any tips for catching up?

Ajanigoldmane
12-14-2017, 09:17 AM
So... I'm returning to check out the new changes and I'd love to find out the following:

Housing - I used to craft. ALOT. Still have all of my special gazebos, but I'm gonna need to build a home. Any suggestions on best bang for my buck on a house to build?
Packs - I'm assuming larders are still a thing as well as regional packs?
Class Guides - I have some catching up to do here but given that I don't want to just play Farmville 3d, where can I find some good reading material to edumicate myself on gittin' gud?

Seems like I'll have plenty of time to read up on stuff while TRION continues to muddle through this DDoS mess so please post them links o' knowledge.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Hixel
12-14-2017, 09:51 PM
in my opinion, close the game .. uninstall it, because there is no chance to catch up unless you want to work for 6 hours for 4 , 5 months by doing hard work in archeage, if you heard about the cargo packs
ArcheAge did something ridiculous in it, the cargo packs was around 40g "profit" .. you buy it with 30g and sell it 70g, you made easy 40g like this.. so by just delivering 10 cargos you made 400g and this 10 cargos is really easy to get, but the problem is here: from 3.5 patch untill 4.0 the cargos profit was 30g, and everyone literally like everyone kept doing these kind of method to make gold.. and when everyone geared up and got like epic,legendary weapons.. the game just started thinking in 4.0 to lower the profit, and guess what?!. the profit is just 10g now, like the game means if you're return player, you pay irl money to catch up or go cry like a baby, i'm a returned player.. and once you see how my gear compared to others you gonna really laugh, and i can't make a fair gold to catch up so i just left the game sadly

Ajanigoldmane
12-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Ah. Gonna give it a try nonetheless. I'll keep this advice in mind, but just to be sure...any other advice or opinions?

pavmelas
12-14-2017, 11:23 PM
in my opinion, close the game .. uninstall it, because there is no chance to catch up unless you want to work for 6 hours for 4 , 5 months by doing hard work in archeage, if you heard about the cargo packs
ArcheAge did something ridiculous in it, the cargo packs was around 40g "profit" .. you buy it with 30g and sell it 70g, you made easy 40g like this.. so by just delivering 10 cargos you made 400g and this 10 cargos is really easy to get, but the problem is here: from 3.5 patch untill 4.0 the cargos profit was 30g, and everyone literally like everyone kept doing these kind of method to make gold.. and when everyone geared up and got like epic,legendary weapons.. the game just started thinking in 4.0 to lower the profit, and guess what?!. the profit is just 10g now, like the game means if you're return player, you pay irl money to catch up or go cry like a baby, i'm a returned player.. and once you see how my gear compared to others you gonna really laugh, and i can't make a fair gold to catch up so i just left the game sadly

Can't blame them tho for perceiving the higher profit margin of cargo as problematic.

With almost zero investment someone could become more profit then other traders who have to invest in Land/vehicles and more time to carry and store their packs around.

Their solution although is again typical wrong. They should have instead made any pack other then cargo more profitable.

Or go back to 2.9 pack mechanics where these nonsense didnt had a chance to happen.

wooglemoogle
12-14-2017, 11:37 PM
So... I'm returning to check out the new changes and I'd love to find out the following:

Housing - I used to craft. ALOT. Still have all of my special gazebos, but I'm gonna need to build a home. Any suggestions on best bang for my buck on a house to build?
Packs - I'm assuming larders are still a thing as well as regional packs?
Class Guides - I have some catching up to do here but given that I don't want to just play Farmville 3d, where can I find some good reading material to edumicate myself on gittin' gud?

Seems like I'll have plenty of time to read up on stuff while TRION continues to muddle through this DDoS mess so please post them links o' knowledge.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Housing - It'll depend on what you intend to do with the property, but treehouses are always a solid choice. They give you a ton of yard space since the "house" part is in the branches and the building mats are cheaper than other large properties.

Packs - Still a thing. Just the trade system changed up in 3.5. Specialty packs and larders still function relatively the same way (with some additional mats), but the destination is different now. Vocation system was also changed, the bulk of your badges will come from Family daily quests now.

Class Guides - IMO, ArcheAge in its current state favors burst DPS classes. Even tanks will gear up in leather and build crit because they don't have any innate sustain and their damage soak depends largely on avoidance (which doesn't work on magic damage and melees have plenty of CC to negate it with backstab). They're either going to disrupt (in which case, they'll lean towards magic support trees like Occultism) or they're going to DPS (hence the crit to make up for less overall damage). If they intend to soak damage, it'll be with a pocket healer or by running Vitalism. Meanwhile, Archers don't snowball as hard early because they deal weaker, sustained damage and rely heavily on kiting.

So at the moment, a melee or mage DPS class is a good general pick. Going DPS also means you'll scale mostly from your weapon, which is cheaper than having to invest in 7 pieces of armor. Auramancy as a skillset is also heavily favored if you're doing PvP, you just get so many escape cards to use against crowd control. I don't think there are any large sites anymore that really go in-depth with skills, combos, and gear builds unfortunately. You can check some older guides as there haven't been any major revamps yet (that's coming next year), so you could use them as a base template and tweak to fit.

For general guides, Jahlon's video series ArcheAge 101 (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC2LYKZszA3IPsq5dTGn4Ztk8CaYqhWS-) has been shared a lot with new/returning players since he covers a wide range of topics from an up-to-date perspective.

Ajanigoldmane
12-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Wow thanks everyone! This is exactly what I needed to jump back in and not feel totally lost.

Now if we can just get the connectivity issues under control...bugged out my redwood roadster last night and had to get a GM to replace the thing.

I guess I'll see some of you on the battlefield (easy kills on Thunderwing until I get caught up!).

Numanap
12-15-2017, 09:15 AM
which server has less people and faction ?