PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Launch Date Announced

Pages : [1] 2

Scapes
08-30-2014, 02:15 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/AA_POSE_PAX_GiltSpiralGlider_05a_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/archeage-schedule-announcement/)

To all of Erenor’s intrepid adventurers, be you fierce warriors, brave explorers, fearsome pirates, or skilled crafters: we welcome you as a member of ArcheAge’s launch community! Revealed this evening in Seattle at PAX Prime 2014 to an audience of your fellow players, Trion Worlds and XLGAMES are proud to officially announce that ArcheAge will launch on Tuesday, September 16.

Our road to launch starts with Open Beta commencing on Thursday, September 4 at 10:00 AM PDT and run to the same time on Monday, September 8. Open Beta will be available to all new and veteran players with no invitation required. If you’ve played during Closed Beta, your character will be waiting for you and your timers on crops and taxes will pick up right where they left off. Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/archeage-schedule-announcement)

Shadeless
08-30-2014, 02:19 AM
Trion, you call this enough time to reserve time-off for the headstart?. O well i guess you need the money to fix the bugs.

flesh
08-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Perfect timing, thanks trion.

Meliran
08-30-2014, 02:26 AM
I do appreciate the launch announcement, but I really wish you would've given us a bit more notice about Alpha closing. A 24-hour shutdown announcement really isn't fair as some of us have already made plans, especially when before you had announced the closing of alpha when OBT would open up.

Shadeless
08-30-2014, 02:27 AM
What on earth are you on about? They just announced the best news they ever could and you found something to complain about?

See, Scapes? You need to get rid of these people from the game. They are the scourge of modern online communities and they destroy everything they lay their hands upon...

And btw, I want one of those PAX gliders. What gives? I couldn't attend PAX yesterday.

Some people work, and people asked befor for enough time between anouncement and the launch date and they replied they would. 2 weeks is not enough.

WNxArcticwolf
08-30-2014, 02:30 AM
a 24 hour notice where? it's not the 4th today it's the 30th thats more then 24 hours.

Meliran
08-30-2014, 02:35 AM
It’s important to note that this announcement does mark the end of Alpha. The Alpha and Omega servers will be permanently brought down Sunday, August 31 at 12:00 AM, but not without due fanfare. Starting this Saturday at 6:00 PM PDT, our diligent Alpha testers should check their in-game mail, keep a weather eye on the horizon, and be ready for anything…

There you go, Arcticwolf.

Rakesto
08-30-2014, 02:36 AM
They said that Alpha servers will close on the 31st with a celebration starting Saturday evening, so it is 24 hours. Main website seems to be ddos atm from all the people wanting to read the full article, but you should have an email about it if you subscribed to their mailing.

Only 2 weeks before release is a bit short notice for a lot of people unfortunately. It would've been for me as well if not for headstart being on a weekend. Sooo excited now either way ;D

ieJkee
08-30-2014, 02:49 AM
can u explain what happens with Auroria, will be auroria closed but ayanad location opened or what? how to get 55 lvl?

Ubar
08-30-2014, 02:52 AM
now you are telling Scapes ?having a slight hangover from PAX... man wish I was there, great news Trion , your dates are fine, so far so good.

WNxArcticwolf
08-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Thank you.

jubi
08-30-2014, 02:55 AM
Thx Trion! Going for my holiday @12th september for 7 days. Great timing, i didnt bought alfa acces to play alfa - i did it to get headstart and reserve my farms.
GG.

Sollaen
08-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Thanks! Love that it is so soon. Can' t wait :)

Sinarria
08-30-2014, 03:03 AM
great job everyone :) perfect experience with trion so far everything was smooth and nice and now the release time is here for live servers ^^ appreciate the hard work guyz ! cant wait to start lvling 4days befor others :D

Jaypact
08-30-2014, 03:12 AM
So pumped!

Zephirisz
08-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Good news! ArcheAge here we come!

I wonder if this gives you enough time to take on some crucial problems that you going to need to fix though.

Rakesto
can u explain what happens with Auroria, will be auroria closed but ayanad location opened or what? how to get 55 lvl?

All Auroria will be closed for a while on release to prevent one or two dominant guilds from castle rushing. I've also heard from various sources that lvl 50 will be the cap for a while as well

OriginalFathead
im so happy right now. thankyou Trion for my birthday present, its very thoughtful!

i did take a guess that september would be release month and with the 16th being my bday i booked that week and the following one off! couldnt have been better timing!

Gonzothegreat198
08-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Some people work, and people asked befor for enough time between anouncement and the launch date and they replied they would. 2 weeks is not enough.

Sucks to be you then. Two weeks is more than enough time for me, my job only requires my requests for days off to be put in no later than three days before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be able to get this off. I wish you guys would stop assuming that what applies to you, applies to everyone with a job.

Level 55 was never to be an option for launch. If you had actually been paying attention, you would have found this out from one of the hundreds of threads posted about this already.

Grae
08-30-2014, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the good news.. was waiting for the OBT announcement, but I got the release dates announced too instead.. lol

Graster
08-30-2014, 03:29 AM
My. Body. Is. Ready.:cool:

AdiktdToLoli
08-30-2014, 03:38 AM
WOOOOOOoooooOOooOoOOOoooOoOOOOOOo... LF crafting guild and all around farming.

totemiser
08-30-2014, 03:40 AM
Woot but can we have clarification as too how long auroria will b closed since 4-6 months sound a bit excessive

Locket
08-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Yay! This is such fun news. So close, too!

Loonloon
08-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Thank you - Trion team
You've made me a very happy person - i've been waiting 2 years to play Archeage, since korea cbt, and now this dream has came true
At last i will be able to play it in 2 weeks.

Big thanks for XLGames and Trion! You're the best :)

Vicken
08-30-2014, 03:43 AM
made mine morning indeed great news!!!

Sp00gle
08-30-2014, 03:45 AM
I Love it :) Got to say that I have never been this excited about the launch of any game. Bring it on! Nice one guys :)

Gonzothegreat198
08-30-2014, 03:49 AM
Woot but can we have clarification as too how long auroria will b closed since 4-6 months sound a bit excessive

How much more clarification do you need, if they say it's 4-6 months, then it's 4-6 months, deal with it. If you don't think you can wait the 4-6 months, and for some reason feel that Auroria is the only end game, then maybe this isn't the game for you.

My guess is that they will release Auroria with the current 1.7 patch.

ieJkee
08-30-2014, 04:09 AM
auroria - main high level content, if it will be closed we would play at patch 0.9 or the same

if you dont understand this, i have a bad news for u

zibnaf
08-30-2014, 04:12 AM
great....

scapes if you still intrested making some more money.....offer a silver to gold upgrade, since alpha is closing i dont need alpha access i do want some of the gold goodies :D

pein
08-30-2014, 04:28 AM
wonderful you announce it so early before headstart now I got enough time to pack my bags and go home to Sweden^^

Riker
08-30-2014, 04:30 AM
Oh Yea after 1 mouth in alpha (for me) i will have honor to play in HeadStart .

Gries
08-30-2014, 04:38 AM
No new servers are going to be introduced during this OBT event?

Makatar
08-30-2014, 04:58 AM
Ooooh GREAT! ;) Yeah

Herzyr
08-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Ohhh boy its 10AM for launch -.- I won't be able to play till 7PM that same day, most land will prolly be gone by then...

In the case that I won't be able to get a decent plot of land, I will be more than happy to buy it off with RL cash from someone :D

Carlton
08-30-2014, 05:10 AM
OoOooOOoOooOk

Dax
08-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Finally !!

Archangelos
08-30-2014, 05:13 AM
Good news!

Got confused on dates. Sorry about that xD

Dax
08-30-2014, 05:14 AM
Priorities man! Have fun whatever you play.

Alse
08-30-2014, 05:16 AM
Thanks Trion even know I have to work the 12th I am not worried about a thing Friday night sat and sun will be good.:p

Vorn
08-30-2014, 05:33 AM
I will chime in with some of the rest.

Shame on you Trion for not giving more than two weeks notice. Especially when you knew those dates but chose not to share them so you could generate some buzz for a party (seriously!?).

It can not be over emphasized how important head start is in THIS game. The land grab will be aiken to the actual U.S. land rush. There will be blood....just not mine now that I can't get work off. >-(

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 05:35 AM
a 24 hour notice where? it's not the 4th today it's the 30th thats more then 24 hours.

alpha goes down on 31. august

Dax
08-30-2014, 05:36 AM
They should wait with the release until everyone can get work off :) :) :)

elanochecer
08-30-2014, 05:39 AM
Amazing news.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 05:42 AM
and those people here that complains because they have to work and cant play....

that suck but u cant blame Trion Worlds for this
only you to blame so stop whine

Dominic1354
08-30-2014, 05:48 AM
What on earth are you on about? They just announced the best news they ever could and you found something to complain about?

See, Scapes? You need to get rid of these people from the game. They are the scourge of modern online communities and they destroy everything they lay their hands upon...

And btw, I want one of those PAX gliders. What gives? I couldn't attend PAX yesterday.

Awesome!
I'm totally looking forward to the headstart (8 september) and the official launch (16 september which is my birthday ^^ best birthday present ever haha).
But besides that, Betacake, somebody has already made a topic about your aggression against these complaining players , you have done your part and i think it's clear now, just don't give these haters more attention.

Zitow
08-30-2014, 05:54 AM
auroria - main high level content, if it will be closed we would play at patch 0.9 or the same

if you dont understand this, i have a bad news for u

Are you insane? hahahaha they can release with whatever patch and just make a change, blocking all Auroria. This is the smartest thing Trion ever did... This will prevent Huge ♥♥♥ Zerg guilds from castle rushing Auroria, in a server with no competition at all... coz they came prepared from alpha, beta w/e and mostly the players are just release ones (keep in mind that having many servers for release will spread out this huge guilds, PK, WAL, FC, OT and many others).

I've been playing in RU and then alpha for a long time already, I know what I'm talking about :D

RaveKnave
08-30-2014, 05:55 AM
My God leave it to fools to complain right on the first comment, ( you fail at life). Thanks for the hard work Trion very excited for the game. Can't wait to find out server names to plan our launch.

Vorn
08-30-2014, 06:04 AM
and those people here that complains because they have to work and cant play....

that suck but u cant blame Trion Worlds for this
only you to blame so stop whine

I actually can blame Trion. TESO had more than 60 days notice for release & Wildstar had more than 40 days. Trion gave us 14. If you can't see the large disparity in this then I am not sure what to tell you. Trion is not new to MMOs (Rift) so there really is no excuse.

For those lucky players (with and without jobs) that can log in the moment the servers come up I am happy for you. I love AA and will obviously play and support Trion, I am just dissapointed in them with the short notice.

JasCaldeira
08-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Lets buy redbull , i dont want to sleep in the head start :3

ieJkee
08-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Are you insane? hahahaha they can release with whatever patch and just make a change, blocking all Auroria. This is the smartest thing Trion ever did... This will prevent Huge ♥♥♥ Zerg guilds from castle rushing Auroria, in a server with no competition at all... coz they came prepared from alpha, beta w/e and mostly the players are just release ones (keep in mind that having many servers for release will spread out this huge guilds, PK, WAL, FC, OT and many others).

I've been playing in RU and then alpha for a long time already, I know what I'm talking about :D

if u are stupid ls it will be terrify for you, if u think that fortress from aurora give unbelievable boost with archeum trees etc, it's not

if 90% think same just block fortresses spots and give library, cause exping on mobs with 50 exp on 5 ppl it's amazing

DrWookie
08-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Sucks to be you then. Two weeks is more than enough time for me, my job only requires my requests for days off to be put in no later than three days before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be able to get this off. I wish you guys would stop assuming that what applies to you, applies to everyone with a job.

Hahahahahaha

You should reread what you said. You made a statement, and then said you wish people wouldn't make statements identical to the one you just made. To put another way...you're the pot.

Raeyik
08-30-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm so disappointed in you Trion. With the amount of bugs still in the game you plan to make your "live" yet another test environment. Paying customers shouldn't have to deal with that at all. In fact, neither should F2P players.

FOR SHAME

oh, and thanks for giving us "plenty" of time to take off for our head-start or game launch. What world do you live in that 2-3 weeks is 'ample' time for people to plan for this?

DrWookie
08-30-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm so disappointed in you Trion. With the amount of bugs still in the game you plan to make your "live" yet another test environment. Paying customers shouldn't have to deal with that at all. In fact, neither should F2P players.

FOR SHAME

I seriously wish those of us who have our 3 months of free patron access can "delay" registering as a patron until a later date. I wouldn't personally start playing the game until they fix the archeum drop rate. Unfortunately though since my patron access starts immediately I feel compelled.

It was very smart on their end. Get as many people as possible to get the archeum pack with 3 months of access....that way you can use those 3 months as like extra testing time since those people will keep playing.

Zitow
08-30-2014, 06:18 AM
if u are stupid ls it will be terrify for you, if u think that fortress from aurora give unbelievable boost with archeum trees etc, it's not

if 90% think same just block fortresses spots and give library, cause exping on mobs with 50 exp on 5 ppl it's amazing

I know auroria is heaven for leveling... I powerleveled many ppl there, I know it's potential. Library is for 55 cap, so it wouldn't even make sense, we just got a taste of it coz trion gave us a patch for but without the actual lvl 55.
Your idea is indeed better, just let auroria be there for everyone but block the option to take the fortresses spots. But between having auroria or letting pre built guilds rush it, I prefer blocking, castle helps a lot you can't deny that. I got 50 in 4 days in omega (it's not fast comparing to other ppl who got in 2/3 days sending things from alpha or just being no lifer), but the thing is I didnt even go to auroria to lvl, that place is awesome, just not 100% needed for lvl, unless you want the ArcheMaster title in your first week of play.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 06:19 AM
I actually can blame Trion. TESO had more than 60 days notice for release & Wildstar had more than 40 days. Trion gave us 14. If you can't see the large disparity in this then I am not sure what to tell you. Trion is not new to MMOs (Rift) so there really is no excuse.

For those lucky players (with and without jobs) that can log in the moment the servers come up I am happy for you. I love AA and will obviously play and support Trion, I am just dissapointed in them with the short notice.

there is no need for Trion to announce something 60 days before just for people that have to plan something for headstart etc
They waited for announcement for PAX and if you really didnt could see it coming its yourself to blame to being so "blind" not to hold some free time ready for a change.

At all im happy as it is now, i knew it anyways (since months) that it will be out in Sep but now its official and my plans fit in that time very well :)

Just keep smiling :) Its just a Game and a Game is a Game

noideayet
08-30-2014, 06:22 AM
This is gonna be BAD if the archeum dust issue isn't fixed for lauch, so many people are just gonna quit...

deadq
GREAT NEWS!!!
Is there a list of server names somewhere?

Toran29
Awesome, amazing, fantastic, wonderful, maximum greatness news!!! Already put in for Headstart Friday afternoon off! I'm so glad you guys didn't put this off until Christmas, or even October. I've never been as pumped for a release as this! Woo-hoo!!!

DrWookie
08-30-2014, 06:23 AM
This is gonna be BAD if the archeum dust issue isn't fixed for lauch, so many people are just gonna quit...

Some people said that a Trion official at PAX confirmed the release version (which we will see in Open Beta) will include the increased archeum dust drop rate. I haven't seen an official post about that yet though.

LamaFc
08-30-2014, 06:30 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of freaking town 9/10 - 9/17 for my stupid freaking wedding. I'm tellin ya man. Games and relationships just don't work. Like alcohol and driving. So much for my 4 day headstart. No freaking land in Sol for me :(

Vorn
08-30-2014, 06:30 AM
there is no need for Trion to announce something 60 days before just for people that have to plan something for headstart etc
They waited for announcement for PAX and if you really didnt could see it coming its yourself to blame to being so "blind" not to hold some free time ready for a change.

At all im happy as it is now, i knew it anyways (since months) that it will be out in Sep but now its official and my plans fit in that time very well :)

Just keep smiling :) Its just a Game and a Game is a Game

Yeah, ok.... My organization has 100s of employees. I am sure that everyone would understand if I just blocked off 6-8 weeks of time off with the notation of "Just in case AA releases".

Two weeks is VERY outside the norm for communicating a release date. It was asked in streams and we were told we would get plenty of time. And they had the information but decided against giving it out to their already paying customers to generate buzz for a stupid PAX party.

This isn't a flash mob, it is a MMORPG release.

Urykan
08-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Scapes, I have fews questions about Auroria :

- Auroria will be full lock (impossible to go Auroria and you are bumped away like you go UNDER-DEV area) or just the capacity to claim guard stone and settle on the island ?
- If Auroria is lock, where we can get water for Archeum tree ?
- We hear some rumors about time for the lock, it's 4-6 weeks or 4-6 months ?

Mailak
08-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Is it going to be 10am PDT everywhere? Or will you be changing the times for different Time Zones? 10am is 7pm over here and that seems like a strange time to be launching the Headstart.

Zenblossom
08-30-2014, 06:37 AM
So excited!!! I'm glad I went ahead and took the chance of taking vacation that Friday, Monday and Tuesday :D I can't wait to start this awesome adventure!

Beleronce
08-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Lovely news! :33333 Wooho!

Southernstar71
08-30-2014, 06:44 AM
Is it going to be 10am PDT everywhere? Or will you be changing the times for different Time Zones? 10am is 7pm over here and that seems like a strange time to be launching the Headstart.

7PM on a Friday night seems better for EU than 1PM Eastern/10AM Pacific does for NA.

Reax
08-30-2014, 06:55 AM
6/7pm my time on a friday so its perfect starting time :)
on holiday 10 days after headstart but its only for 4 days so i wont be away long.

cant wait its going to be a blast.

Cages01
08-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Out of freaking town 9/10 - 9/17 for my stupid freaking wedding. I'm tellin ya man. Games and relationships just don't work. Like alcohol and driving. So much for my 4 day headstart. No freaking land in Sol for me :(

Lol'd so hard,gg u are my man ^^ And ofc i am very excited about release,finally! :)

Palinore
08-30-2014, 07:07 AM
I've been waiting so long for this moment!

Akuma Sudo
Thx to timetable now i can reserve few day off work to use my head start properly :)

revrendshadows
This is great news! and the selfish QQ"ing from the "not enough notice" group...get over yourselves...this game doesn't revolve around you. We wanted release, now we got it! GG TRION!

Keladoa
08-30-2014, 07:10 AM
will we have to re download the entire beta again for open and then for launch

Erewan
08-30-2014, 07:16 AM
i really hope that they have fixed the problems with patron status...

Riffken
08-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Let me sum this thread up

Person who has a normal job: happy game is going to be released, mad that in Trion's world they think that is "enough time" to get time off.

Person with no job: happy about news, mad about Trion for making them pay to play parts of the game they feel entitled too

Person with flexible job: happy about news, happy chumps with no job or non flexible job won't be there to mess with their land grab

Person with awesome job: laughing at this thread because who cares life is good! If they can't take off they'll just play in the real world.

Elyne
08-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Awsome ! I can wait for next week <3

0nce
08-30-2014, 07:35 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upset because you're going to miss the launch of a VIDEO GAME because you're going to be getting MARRIED?.... Games and relationships work just fine until you value a VIDEO GAME more than marrying your wife.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 07:38 AM

i didnt had any trouble at alpha with the rate i got out of my purses....opened around 25 purses and got 11 Moonlight Archeum and 1 Sunlight Archeum Dust

Griffit
08-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Scapes, I have fews questions about Auroria :

- Auroria will be full lock (impossible to go Auroria and you are bumped away like you go UNDER-DEV area) or just the capacity to claim guard stone and settle on the island ?
- If Auroria is lock, where we can get water for Archeum tree ?
- We hear some rumors about time for the lock, it's 4-6 weeks or 4-6 months ?

This info i want to know also @scapes

+

Will be apex opened on open beta for testing ?

Nomi
08-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Less than two weeks can be rough for those of us that work for a living, to request time off for head start. However the following are much bigger concerns still unaddressed for release:

Labor Point adjustment for Free to Play & Patron
Archeum very low drop rate
PvP Flagging issues - Purple unflagging quickly
PvP Flagging issues - Red attacking a party but not flagging for every member
Farming/Gathering grinds - No 10k Bundles available
No Guild tools available at all (Permissions, Member Notes, MOTD)
Shading/Texture issues in higher area of the game (Hellswamp)
House/Farm permission issues (Only own can use/drop items)
Farmer's Workbench permissions

Sp00gle
08-30-2014, 07:43 AM

I hope your wife-to-be does not read these forums.....lol

Emily
08-30-2014, 07:44 AM
I have a question as well.
How do we sign up for Patron status at head start launch on September 12th so that we can own land? I want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row, and I will be paying for this game to own land.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 07:45 AM
This isn't a flash mob, it is a MMORPG release.

You know ArcheAge is not "released" its just starting for EU/NA? Its not a big deal. Just live on and stop whiney whiney. A Game is just a Game and nothing more

Tealashin
08-30-2014, 07:49 AM
is PDT Pacific daylight time ? sorry normally see PST

Tealashin
08-30-2014, 07:50 AM
I have a question as well.
How do we sign up for Patron status at head start launch on September 12th so that we can own land? I want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row, and I will be paying for this game to own land.

I dont think you can now i see Alpha and Beta are closed

Emily
08-30-2014, 07:53 AM
No, I'm a founder. I paid for a Beta access Silver pack. What I'm asking is how do we sign up for the "regular payments of $14.99" or whatever so that we always have Patron status to own land?

elrostih88
You guys fix being able to buy it on Steam yet?!

Vasily Gregoryevich
Less than two weeks can be rough for those of us that work for a living, to request time off for head start. However the following are much bigger concerns still unaddressed for release:

still unaddressed for release?? seriously

Relient
08-30-2014, 08:03 AM

- Labor Point adjustment for Free to Play & Patron: Why does there need to be any adjustment?
- Archeum very low drop rate: Fix announced during Pax
- PvP Flagging issues - Purple unflagging quickly & PvP Flagging issues - Red attacking a party but not flagging for every member: not gonna change unless KR gets an update.
- Farming/Gathering grinds - No 10k Bundles available: Don't understand the problem here. You can farm without bundles soooooooo.
- No Guild tools available at all (Permissions, Member Notes, MOTD): Again don't understand the problem here.
- Shading/Texture issues in higher area of the game (Hellswamp): cannot comment since I have not experienced it.
- House/Farm permission issues (Only own can use/drop items): Your house aka only you can put stuff in it, its not rocket science. Permissions are only for "use" of items.
- Farmer's Workbench permissions: Don't get why this should be changed, you give your garden up for it so only you should be able to use it.

Vorn
08-30-2014, 08:21 AM
You know ArcheAge is not "released" its just starting for EU/NA? Its not a big deal. Just live on and stop whiney whiney. A Game is just a Game and nothing more

Thanks Captain Obvious! When you run out of lame rationale for what was regarded by not just me (many posters already agree) as a serious breech of MMORPG launch protocol, then by all means please resort to drivel such as "stop whining". Its a good card to play and right up there with "your mom".

A game is not just a game for gamers.

DahakUK
08-30-2014, 08:23 AM

Person who has a normal job: happy game is going to be released, mad that in Trion's world they think that is "enough time" to get time off.

Person with no job: happy about news, mad about Trion for making them pay to play parts of the game they feel entitled too

Person with flexible job: happy about news, happy chumps with no job or non flexible job won't be there to mess with their land grab

Person with awesome job: laughing at this thread because who cares life is good! If they can't take off they'll just play in the real world.
Pretty much :)

I was miffed they didn't give us "enough time" for notice, but I went out on a limb last night and asked my boss if it would be cool to take my (saved) vacation time anyway. Apparently, asking politely works! Who knew? Now my wife just has to either a) wrangle the time off, or b) mysteriously catch a cold, and we're set for the epicness :)

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks Captain Obvious! When you run out of lame rationale for what was regarded by not just me (many posters already agree) as a serious breech of MMORPG launch protocol, then by all means please resort to drivel such as "stop whining". Its a good card to play and right up there with "your mom".

If you cry about such trivial things you arent a "Gamer" at all
You wont loose anything if you cant play at release or Headstart ArcheAge still will be there

so do me a favor, get in a corner, sit down and cry about it. But silent please

Peter
08-30-2014, 08:36 AM

You are being dramatic. No matter when or how they announced the release date people were going to be unhappy. I sympathize with you if you won't have time to play, but if this is really causing that much stress maybe you need to step back from gaming for a while. I have work Friday night and a 13 hour shift Saturday, I have no clue if I'll be able to take off. If I can, that's great but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Vorn
08-30-2014, 08:40 AM
If you cry about such trivial things you arent a "Gamer" at all
You wont loose anything if you cant play at release or Headstart ArcheAge still will be there

so do me a favor, get in a corner, sit down and cry about it. But silent please

I am beginning to wonder if you have even played this game. Head start in this game is undeniably more important than other games. The land grab will be insane and competitive. Please continue to tell gamers that their passion and hobby are not to be taken seriously.

You bore me.../ignore

acemadnes
08-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Awesome party Trion/Archeage and GREAT news about launch guys... forget these 5yr old complaints.. the rest of us millions can't wait to claim land and build that Thatched house we always dream of lol

Fubared
08-30-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm happy about the launch but at the same time, mad yet again. Every weekend there was a CB, i worked. Now they are having the head start on a four day stretch that I work and on top of that, with only two weeks notice.

In my line of work, allot of people run on a bi-weekly schedule and only get one of the weekend off. We also in my line of work, NEED MORE THAN TWO FREAKING WEEKS TO SCHEDULE SOME DAM VACATION TIME!!!!!

maddawggs
08-30-2014, 08:50 AM
do not agree with this, too early for release after a live beta release, 90% games over the last 10 years that released so early have ended up failing. I love this game and I hope there not shooting them selfs in the foot with rushing a release on live

acemadnes
08-30-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm happy about the launch but at the same time, mad yet again. Every weekend there was a CB, i worked. Now they are having the head start on a four day stretch that I work and on top of that, with only two weeks notice.

In my line of work, allot of people run on a bi-weekly schedule and only get one of the weekend off. We also in my line of work, NEED MORE THAN TWO FREAKING WEEKS TO SCHEDULE SOME DAM VACATION TIME!!!!!

i understand and get the hype you're having right now about the launch date. but think about this for a sec.
do you really asking trion or any company in the world to take the time to check everyone (millions of players) schedule before they launch the game?.. really?

do not agree with this, too early for release after a live beta release, 90% games over the last 10 years that released so early have ended up failing. I love this game and I hope there not shooting them selfs in the foot with rushing a release on live
fyi this game has been finished and polished in Korea for a long time now and as well as our region's alpha/omega testing for a very long time.
so your concern about releasing the game too soon isn't valid.

Careby
08-30-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't understand all the complaining about getting time off work to play. What kind of job do you have that you can't play the game all day at work?

adrockcafe
08-30-2014, 09:09 AM

Disagree. 2 weeks is fairly standard. I do appreciate them giving us that much notice.

Jakantha
08-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Quote official announcement...

'It’s important to note that this announcement does mark the end of Alpha. The Alpha and Omega servers will be permanently brought down Sunday, August 31 at 12:00 AM, but not without due fanfare. Starting this Saturday at 6:00 PM PDT, our diligent Alpha testers should check their in-game mail, keep a weather eye on the horizon, and be ready for anything'

Gotta say these timings suck for EU founders. In my instance this is from 2am till 8am

timkunedo
08-30-2014, 09:16 AM
2 weeks is plenty of notice for most companies. Sorry to say but when they decided on the launch day your schedule never came up. Lose the entitlement. enjoy

HolyAvengerOne
08-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Yay :) Good job guys!

Freelapdance
08-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Horrible timeframe to announce launch dates. All planning goes out the window.

Recluse
08-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Yep shafted again getting used to it now tho,head start is at 5pm for Uk only good thing with that is no need for the day off.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 09:33 AM
I am beginning to wonder if you have even played this game. Head start in this game is undeniably more important than other games. The land grab will be insane and competitive. Please continue to tell gamers that their passion and hobby are not to be taken seriously.

You bore me.../ignore

sad sad sad

just because you cant accept the fact that it is not gonna be like u imagine you just ignore others that show you how it really will be

theres plently place on the Servers they gonna launch at start to spread the Gamers well enough for a good Population, Auroria will be disabled at launch for a uncertain time anyways, you wont have everything at 1 or two days (because it takes alone around 4 1/2 day to do the whole scarecrow Quests) so stop being such a drama queen and realize that i wont be like you think it will happen...

oh and "ignore" you too because you bore me more than anyone else here

Fubared
08-30-2014, 09:33 AM
I think i have a right to complain. I bought the founder pack for the early access. If I would have known I would be working threw it all, I could have just saved my money for relies. Could have gotten more credits and patron time for the same price.

Recluse
08-30-2014, 09:39 AM
sad sad sad

just because you cant accept the fact that it is not gonna be like u imagine you just ignore others that show you how it really will be

theres plently place on the Servers they gonna launch at start to spread the Gamers well enough for a good Population, Auroria will be disabled at launch for a uncertain time anyways, you wont have everything at 1 or two days (because it takes alone around 4 1/2 day to do the whole scarecrow Quests) so stop being such a drama queen and realize that i wont be like you think it will happen...

oh and "ignore" you too because you bore me more than anyone else here

How long to do the scarecrow quests 4 an 1/2days? wtf you doing crawling to the npc?

Brogg
08-30-2014, 09:47 AM
TESO had more than 60 days notice for release

This was the biggest mistake TESO could have ever made. They released with a game so full of bugs that it was almost unplayable. If they had kept their release date to themselves and announced it when they had the game ready for release, they would have had much happier players. I know, I was there for the betas and the release. The game released 2 months before it should have.

Irrstern
08-30-2014, 09:51 AM
How long to do the scarecrow quests 4 an 1/2days? wtf you doing crawling to the npc?

first: Read better
second: think about it

(because it takes alone around 4 1/2 day to do the whole scarecrow Quests)

not only the 8x8 Quest is mentioned i mentioned the 8x8 to 16x16 scarecrow
so next time please use your Brain before typing an answer

Brogg
08-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Out of freaking town 9/10 - 9/17 for my stupid freaking wedding.

I'm thinking that anyone who thinks this way about his wedding shouldn't be getting married. A marriage is your life, ArcheAge is just a game. You really need to get your priorities straight.

Reclaim
08-30-2014, 10:06 AM

Wow...erhm gee...well i hope your future wife divorces you rather soon or cancels all together...Really? putting a game before your real life and future family?? Sounds like your wife deserves better Lol- i'd run for the hills if were me, hopefully she doesnt read these forums like many alrdy said.

On another note im ecstatic about the launch i cant wait to play and meet new people!!!!!

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Bwahaha lel!!! Dude, no lands for u in AA but sure ur gonna get ur best landing ever. Gratz and God bless on ur wedding! ^_^

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM
@Scapes we at EU servers do understand that you have ur US work time (i hope we all do). However, its been like this since the beginning and even now on Head Start we at EU will again suffer for a night start. Since its a different server, cant we at EU start at 10am EU time and not 10am in US and night in EU? Please?

Thanks, this is so far the best news ever and it will be great if EU servers will start at 10am EU time.

Trucider
08-30-2014, 10:39 AM
If we purchased a Founder's Pack directly from XLGames/Trion and not on Steam, do we still have the head-start access through Steam?

RampagingKitty
08-30-2014, 10:41 AM
YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I can't believe anyone is complaining about this! Good news not bad silly people. :)

I do understand the ppl who bought founders packs thought. The open beta being so close to the launch date is a little weird but I'm not complaining. :)

Raeyik
08-30-2014, 10:44 AM
- Labor Point adjustment for Free to Play & Patron: Why does there need to be any adjustment?
- Archeum very low drop rate: Fix announced during Pax
- PvP Flagging issues - Purple unflagging quickly & PvP Flagging issues - Red attacking a party but not flagging for every member: not gonna change unless KR gets an update.
- Farming/Gathering grinds - No 10k Bundles available: Don't understand the problem here. You can farm without bundles soooooooo.
- No Guild tools available at all (Permissions, Member Notes, MOTD): Again don't understand the problem here.
- Shading/Texture issues in higher area of the game (Hellswamp): cannot comment since I have not experienced it.
- House/Farm permission issues (Only own can use/drop items): Your house aka only you can put stuff in it, its not rocket science. Permissions are only for "use" of items.
- Farmer's Workbench permissions: Don't get why this should be changed, you give your garden up for it so only you should be able to use it.

You're kidding right?

- Labor points - I personally don' think it's broken but many people do so this is a legit concern
- Archeum - Fix announced but unpracticed or seen in application. If you tell me that's what a 3 day open beta is for, I disagree. Open beta should be smoothing things out not trying out new things.
-PVP Flagging - Unfortunate but true as far as I know - although it does seem unfair
- 10k bundles - can't speak about it as I lack the experience
- No guild tools = big organizational problem. Even games from 10 years ago have better permission set-ups than Archeage. This is something the community has been asking for and they have said they would work on but nothing has come yet.
- Shading/Texture - this is something that should be resolved before launch without question

And let's not forget all the other bugs and glitches that they have yet to address and solve. Some are just so amateur and unprofessional for a company to launch with it's sad. With the amount of bug reports and issues that were posted from the last beta; it's somewhat shocking that they're saying: a F*ck it, let's launch anyway and see what happens.

The most disrespectful thing is that they have created a great system for some income as they develop the game with the founder pack options. They're already making money! Most games don't even set something up like this. And now, they're going to take what they have already made, start peoples subscriptions (for founders) and use the next 2-3 months to continue testing and ironing out the game in a "live" atmosphere instead of offering a solid, bug and glitch free (as well as can be managed) system with all the things they've promised at launch.

Essentially, by the time the founder pack people's 3-4 months of subscription finishes, the game might be where it was supposed to be at launch. So, founders have all just become complete suckers, me included. Not happy.

This game should be in open beta for another month of beta weekends at least before going live.

Danitsia
08-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Do we have a server list yet?

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 10:48 AM
If we purchased a Founder's Pack directly from XLGames/Trion and not on Steam, do we still have the head-start access through Steam?

yes ofc. actually buying from trion is better and safer. also DO NOT USE your paypal or cc in purchase. if you can use game cards please do so. or you can buy credits from cashu then purchase using rixty.

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 10:49 AM
YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I can't believe anyone is complaining about this! Good news not bad silly people. :)

I do understand the ppl who bought founders packs thought. The open beta being so close to the launch date is a little weird but I'm not complaining. :)

they already mentioned alot of times on previous livestreams that head start will start imediately after the end of OBT. but i myself was expecting like a week apart from OBT end to Head start...well still friday is awesome!!!

azurray
08-30-2014, 10:54 AM
ill just wait for September 16 to restart everything again -.-

Rhiaden
08-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Are people really suggesting that if they cannot play in the morning (Evening for us EU) of launch, that by the time they get home from work, all lands, on all continents in the entire game will be taken?

Recluse
08-30-2014, 11:00 AM
The most disrespectful thing is that they have created a great system for some income as they develop the game with the founder pack options. They're already making money! Most games don't even set something up like this. And now, they're going to take what they have already made, start peoples subscriptions (for founders) and use the next 2-3 months to continue testing and ironing out the game in a "live" atmosphere instead of offering a solid, bug and glitch free (as well as can be managed) system with all the things they've promised at launch.

Essentially, by the time the founder pack people's 3-4 months of subscription finishes, the game might be where it was supposed to be at launch. So, founders have all just become complete suckers, me included. Not happy.

This game should be in open beta for another month of beta weekends at least before going live.

+1 Agree with you on this,kinda how i feel also.

Bunnyleptic
08-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking that anyone who thinks this way about his wedding shouldn't be getting married. A marriage is your life, ArcheAge is just a game. You really need to get your priorities straight.

I totally agree with this post.

@LamaFc
You should get a reality check, go to a Psychologist or something because you are really sick in your brains man.

Wow...erhm gee...well i hope your future wife divorces you rather soon or cancels all together...Really? putting a game before your real life and future family?? Sounds like your wife deserves better.. Lol- i'd run for the hills if were me, hopefully she doesnt read these forums like many alrdy said.

Totally this, especially the bold part.

Bunnyleptic
08-30-2014, 11:09 AM
No, I'm a founder. I paid for a Beta access Silver pack. What I'm asking is how do we sign up for the "regular payments of $14.99" or whatever so that we always have Patron status to own land?

I would love to know the answer on this question as well...

zibnaf
08-30-2014, 11:11 AM
yes ofc. actually buying from trion is better and safer. also DO NOT USE your paypal or cc in purchase. if you can use game cards please do so. or you can buy credits from cashu then purchase using rixty.

your giving bad information....

first you can use paypall and/or CC just imo delete the payment option after you buy something, it will not save you from hack(get a authenticator) but at least it removes the one click buy option that hacker be able to do if you dont remove the billing option.

second using prepaid CC does not always work as they have to be linked to a actual adress i believe so be carefull to use this opion and putting cash on a card that turn out not usuable on the account site

Fangamir
08-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Lets do this

Chryos
08-30-2014, 11:46 AM
What company would you be working for that wouldn't give you time off on two weeks notice?

Reyfer
08-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Really? People complaining because they need time off work to play? I love the game, I do, but man, I don't plan spending 24/7 on this or ANY game, I have something called...uhmmmm...life!! Yes, taht's the name, LIFE. A game is supposed to be something you enjoy, not an obssession

Veerdin
08-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Really? People complaining because they need time off work to play? I love the game, I do, but man, I don't plan spending 24/7 on this or ANY game, I have something called...uhmmmm...life!! Yes, taht's the name, LIFE. A game is supposed to be something you enjoy, not an obssession

This.

I'm working first day of Open Beta. Second day, too. 9-5 shifts, at that. But I sure as hell aren't going to toss that out the window just to play a few extra hours of Archeage.

This game is massive, and nobody owns any land or anything in it forever. So chill the hell out, people, you'll all get plenty of time to play during beta, and on launch. I'm excited, too. But that's not a reason to bend your real life commitments out of shape just for a video game.

PolenSan
08-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm so ecited for this one. Thanks for the best news. Didn't expected that to come so fast. Guess u figured it out on PAX how ppl are into this ^^

Mailak
08-30-2014, 01:10 PM
What company would you be working for that wouldn't give you time off on two weeks notice?

How about Retail? We book our holidays 12 months in advancement, with the option of changing things with 4 weeks notice. But only if there are any free holiday's left. Due to minimum staffing requirements they can't just let everyone have whatever time they want off.

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 01:12 PM
your giving bad information....

first you can use paypall and/or CC just imo delete the payment option after you buy something, it will not save you from hack(get a authenticator) but at least it removes the one click buy option that hacker be able to do if you dont remove the billing option.

second using prepaid CC does not always work as they have to be linked to a actual adress i believe so be carefull to use this opion and putting cash on a card that turn out not usuable on the account site

prepaid cc? ?_?

jwilson
08-30-2014, 01:13 PM
@SCAPES or anyone else that knows....Are the beta servers the servers we will use at launch? And is there going to be any extra downloading needed at head start?

ProtosX
08-30-2014, 01:14 PM

Hmm.. i go to work.. felt lazy... tell my boss im gonna go to the clinic..

after an hour im home and playing ^_^

Rekless
08-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I planned to take a few weeks off when the game launches, since I have about 100 days of paid leave to spend. But with the short notice and the commitments I have in September, incidentally during early start thru launch, that just won't be possible. I had my chunk of land picked out and everything.

So yeah, there are some missed opportunities, especially with being able to place your house in that perfect spot. But I don't think the situation will be like the Alpha servers where there's no land at all, so I'm not too butt-hurt (that is, as long as my patron status doesn't disappear again!).

Jakantha
08-30-2014, 01:30 PM
@Scapes we at EU servers do understand that you have ur US work time (i hope we all do). However, its been like this since the beginning and even now on Head Start we at EU will again suffer for a night start. Since its a different server, cant we at EU start at 10am EU time and not 10am in US and night in EU? Please?

Thanks, this is so far the best news ever and it will be great if EU servers will start at 10am EU time.

No thanks-if you don't have work commitments 10 am or 5pm doesn't matter, the 5pm start for those that have to work that day is a blessing. I say leave it as is.

Typical Me
08-30-2014, 01:38 PM
If there are going to be any more character wipes, when will they be? Did they do one after the last CBE? Does anybody know?

Senze
08-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Yes characters are going to be wiped.

Calvinthesneak
08-30-2014, 02:18 PM
If there are going to be any more character wipes, when will they be? Did they do one after the last CBE? Does anybody know?

Wipe immediately after Open Beta.

New chars on the 12th for everyone for 4 day headstart, and then for all regular players starting on the 16th.

Toran29
08-30-2014, 02:19 PM

Oh man, you just made my day - I'm still laughing. "My stupid freaking wedding" - priceless! $10 you're thinking of pumpkin farms while your up there on the alter... Good luck!

Asphodel
08-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Games and relationships just don't work. Like alcohol and driving.

That's OK because Alcohol and Games mix great! :)

Macamus
08-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Im having my wedding on 18th haha high five! But I booked off a few days early too prepare but I Guess the lady be preparing and im playing after theese News! :P

Shadou
08-30-2014, 02:57 PM
dunno whats the hate on the day it comes out if they said at a later time ppl will complain they said this date ppl still complain, it was very obvious that the game was releasing soon they said once all 4 betas were done expect open beta to be after along with headstart. This was said months ago, not only that steam had the date on their store page for awhile now, I don't have a founders pack sadly for me but I ain't crying bout ppl playing 4 days before me I just want to finally play and eventually do get patron.

If you have work but can't make the time off so what, every gaming company or anything in general can't make a date to cater for everyone there will always be ppl unable to make the date. if you can't play those days then that sucks but don't blame trion for something that tbh they really shouldn't care about they really can't cater everyone.

only thing I will agree bout everyone complaints is the issues that do needs to be addressed before it launches I don't have access at all outside cbts in archeage so I am not knowledgeable sbout the archeum issue and so on but I read about them and I hope it gets fix among many other issues hopefully that even though this game coming within 2 weeks, they already planned out and have the fixes being made or already ready to be shipped buts thats me hoping

Typical Me
08-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Yes characters are going to be wiped. When? before or after OB?

Sparx
08-30-2014, 05:22 PM
When? before or after OB?

After open beta, before the head start.

wsulivan
08-30-2014, 06:41 PM
what's differen between head start and launch..

Raeyik
08-30-2014, 07:07 PM
what's differen between head start and launch..

head start is a 4 day period before launch where people who pre-purchased certain levels of packages from Trion will be able to get into the game before the general populace.

Rulezer
08-30-2014, 07:19 PM
haha, head start; free to play. with limited time i have to play. its not worth it for me to spend that money to get a head start. this is a great game but. damn labor.

trev
08-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Good news, im self employed, i will have to have a long hard chat with myself about having time off to play.
I can be a bit of a nasty boss but im sure i can talk myself into letting me have a week off.

Lets hope the F2P players stick around ..... i guess that conversation with XL games about LP regen magically vanished ? You know you need that conversation for them to stay here, look at russian server Trion ... LOOK. We dont want more bots than players, give up people to play with, fix regen.

SouleD
08-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Good news, im self employed, i will have to have a long hard chat with myself about having time off to play.
I can be a bit of a nasty boss but im sure i can talk myself into letting me have a week off.

Lets hope the F2P players stick around ..... i guess that conversation with XL games about LP regen magically vanished ? You know you need that conversation for them to stay here, look at russian server Trion ... LOOK. We dont want more bots than players, give up people to play with, fix regen.

What is it that you do as an entrepreneur? I am curious

primemus
08-31-2014, 12:04 AM
"Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch."

Does this mean what I think it means? Because it reads like you could play during the closed and opened beta but then they will be wiping the sever...and what... everyone will be starting over during the head start?

SkullyCazaril
08-31-2014, 12:16 AM

Redbull is shocking for you. Get something good that increases your bodies ATP production. Like MAX ATP.

Mechi
08-31-2014, 12:53 AM
10:00 am PDT? Is that like 1900 CEST or 6 pm BST)?
No need to take the day off if in europe, it's just perfect

YoKalli
08-31-2014, 01:25 AM
I'll be there for head start, 10am PDT

Also for all of you whiners, your tears are delicious.

warhaven
08-31-2014, 01:45 AM
I'll be there for head start, 10am PDT

Also for all of you whiners, your tears are delicious.

Yes this. Its late and i cannot remember what time zone San Diego, ca is and what time this all starts. Excited though and looking forward to joining you all.

Turrican
08-31-2014, 02:00 AM

hehe asdasdasdasd

Zui
08-31-2014, 02:02 AM
It is too short a notice, you are announcing the alpha ends. At any case some of us who would have applyed for vacation at our work, to use at head start of the game.

Turrican
08-31-2014, 02:03 AM
Why are the times not in CET? for 140Euro I would have expected Trion to at least give me the comfort of not having to caclucate time zones ... /lazy bastards

Feuerfeder
08-31-2014, 02:11 AM
Thank you for the good Date to start, but a little bit longer to know would be nice y.y I will not get free time so fast from my work *snif*

Mechi
08-31-2014, 02:18 AM
Why are the times not in CET? for 140Euro I would have expected Trion to at least give me the comfort of not having to caclucate time zones ... /lazy bastards

Lazy bastards? :D just google it
7 pm or 19:00 CEST, that is CET summer time

Turrican
08-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Lazy bastards? :D just google it
7 pm or 19:00 CEST, that is CET summer time

orly?

you did not get the point my friend ;)

Andross
08-31-2014, 02:52 AM
People complaining about giving more of a notice and i'm just sitting here already prepared. A normal job would request two weeks and this gives enough time for people to prepare. Why should trion go out of their way to push the release date that all of us have been craving to have. Anyway, i can't wait to get started, i'm so stoked!

cyan
08-31-2014, 03:33 AM
Its just few day's lets be patient.... or try to be....

MoSa
08-31-2014, 03:34 AM
Patron. will be added on website or at market on release?

Sixtycastle
08-31-2014, 04:37 AM
WOW that is awesome news, not too thrilled about the wipe though, but oh well I get a 4 day headstart so not to bad. I am wondering when I will be able to purchase a regular subscription though will that be on the release date itself or will it be available before?

Nezha
08-31-2014, 05:51 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Mailak
08-31-2014, 05:58 AM
"Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch."

Does this mean what I think it means? Because it reads like you could play during the closed and opened beta but then they will be wiping the sever...and what... everyone will be starting over during the head start?

Correct, it has been said from the very beginning that everyone will be starting from scratch come release. That is what the Beta was for, to test things out.

Emily
08-31-2014, 07:01 AM
Patron. will be added on website or at market on release?

I too am wondering this, and have asked already with no response.
I want to know how to give Trion my money every month so that I can own land and reap all the other benefits of being a subscriber. You'd think someone would be eager to answer that question. :P Where do I go to do that at release?

Lexuz
08-31-2014, 07:47 AM
That is great to hear!!! It is going to be a lot of fun. The game is absolutely fantastic. I think you guys have done a great job developing the game. Two weeks notice before launch is definitely adequate time. Cant wait!!!

tentaro
08-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Why do I hear people complaining about not enough notice? What did you need to give take a vacation from work to play the game? Quit your ♥♥♥♥♥ing and revel in the fact that the game is going live soon. I am sure even with that you would find a reason to complain, just please stop whining about "2 weeks being too short" that doesn't even make sense..... who in their right mind wouldn't want the game to launch sooner?

wonderbread
08-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Speaking as someone who had the $162 alpha founders pack bought for them like 2 days ago I am dying laughing right now.

If you'll excuse me I need to make sure the person who bought me it isn't planning a trip to trion HQ.

hero0078
08-31-2014, 08:20 AM
We need the official patch notes for when the game goes live to see what it's going to be implemented and whats not. thank you

RosieNelle
08-31-2014, 08:45 AM
I wasn't able to log into Alpha before it went offline.....what did I miss =(

I am sad that I wasn't able to take part in the farewell activities because of holiday plans........why does RL have to interfere with my gaming!

EdgarJC
08-31-2014, 08:46 AM
I would like to say thank you, for all Trion Staff. It's an excellent game and you guys did a great job.

I'm looking forward for Headstart.

Horangee
08-31-2014, 08:47 AM
How much is the patron service per month?

MoSa
08-31-2014, 09:07 AM
How much is the patron service per month?

Waiting for the answer on that question, already 3 days, but no reply.

Irrstern
08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Waiting for the answer on that question, already 3 days, but no reply.

its like a common subscription...i think like Rift

HarryHellspawn
08-31-2014, 09:30 AM
I do believe it will be $14.99 a month. Can't remember where I read it but saw that when I bought my founder pack.

MoSa
08-31-2014, 09:36 AM
15$ costs Rift subscription, maybe they will do like this

Kitsunami
08-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Dammit man, that's not enough time to reserve holiday :(

Thanks for the update, Alpha was a blast!

TiaLy
08-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Good news, open beta
con: School xD

MoSa
08-31-2014, 09:51 AM
Good news, open beta
con: School xD

Fck school, will be last year for me :)), then university (party)

Horangee
08-31-2014, 10:15 AM
I do believe it will be $14.99 a month. Can't remember where I read it but saw that when I bought my founder pack.

If thats true, APEX will be like 2250credits.........
not quite sure what will be the Gold per credit ratio after open but it was 10 golds per 1 Worker's compensation which is 300credit during the beta,
that will be like 75golds per month.

Not bad at all.

Of course there will be inflation after all those people comes in.
well I am expecting over 500golds per APEX lol

Trusivraj
08-31-2014, 10:22 AM
WOOOOOOoooooOOooOoOOOoooOoOOOOOOo... LF crafting guild and all around farming.

Our guild will be focusing a lot on those things, send me an email Jdb-bigguy@hotmail.com and i'll get you into our meeting this Tuesday :) bring friends if you have some :D

Cradz
08-31-2014, 10:38 AM

I think you're right. They stated it would be like Rift on one of the streams I watched (I think the last one).

I'm happy it's going live except I'll be in Vegas for a Microsoft conference the following week... I hope Aria has a great internet connection!

Love it's head start over a weekend.. I only have to take off one day. Can't wait!

Drynn
08-31-2014, 11:09 AM

AA and fantasy football is a happy life not some ball and chain wife duh.

Schadow
08-31-2014, 11:36 AM
just a small question....and sry, when already answered, I stopped after page 10 or so....

I have a "small" i-net-connection (only ~ 800kbit/sec) - so WHEN will be the releaseclient rdy to download?

cyan
08-31-2014, 11:44 AM

propably redbull.co start worcing hard for this headstart...

cyan
08-31-2014, 11:47 AM
just a small question....and sry, when already answered, I stopped after page 10 or so....

I have a "small" i-net-connection (only ~ 800kbit/sec) - so WHEN will be the releaseclient rdy to download?

i think 2 days before openbeta can u start downloading.. like close beta event's

elrostih88
08-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Needs to hurry up back on Steam already.

RoyAlex
08-31-2014, 03:15 PM

Your an idiot, and you need a life my man. It's people like you who ruin Online Communities and scare away many potentially great players because of your unrealistic exceptions for how a player should behave, you think they should kiss the ground of the game developers, and behave the way you see fit and it's damaging for many gaming communities. It's ridiculous, your problem is that you lack a life outside of gaming and believe everyone should be just like you and its a damn shame that people like you keep good players away from games like this because you judge every single comment they make, and you oust them. You completely scare them away, and remember the game developers don't ***** love the game like you do, they are in it for the money nothing else bro, you think their your best friend and you think you relate with each other, it's very sad and a delusional way to live.

Hassasin
08-31-2014, 03:29 PM
As In Life expect the unexpected..Release time is ready sure there will still be a few bugs but what game has ever launched with no bugs..after the last beta I was pretty sure launch was around the corner..the last beta ran smooth for me there was still a few complaints on the chat but most was unfounded..Computer upgrade is what they needed..i played the game to actually test it comp. set to the max..i have no problems with the set up for any part of the game LP..Taxes etc. considering I ran 2 accounts with 6 houses..6 16x16 and 12 8x8 tested every part of the game except for weapons and armor will do that at Open Beta..so just go with it and enjoy that's what its about Just Have Fun.

Hassasin
08-31-2014, 04:07 PM
There is a way to get patron for you F2P players just buy credits and you will get credited for it to your patron status..thats why the patron players are starting with credits to there accounts its not free credits it comes with the patron package..just remember that when you start using your credits at Head Start its gone when you use it up you will have to purchase more... Founders Package you get between 18 to 19k credits

Kytsur
08-31-2014, 04:09 PM
How many servers will be up at launch?

rytor92
08-31-2014, 04:26 PM

Or, and bare with me here you can just play it when you get off work cuz its really not the end of the world and the games still gonna be there when y'all get home. Seriously people you act like this is the worst thing since ever. So you cant get time off to zombify yourselves in front of you computer screens for 4 days.. oh no! Sunlight is good for you too! More work = more money in the bank which means means more money to afford patron status. Come on guys

healno
08-31-2014, 04:27 PM
YEAH!!!!! while don't like the date of opening.. none would be really prefect... except that you call me and ask for my schedule so I could tell you I have two days off in a row on Monday and Tuesday... but, i'm just glad it is opening.. while I paid 150. to get just a few hours head start it is all good... this is a great game... have not tried the pvp part yet... but did like the tradeskill part... cant wait the sooner the better

Hassasin
08-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Kytsur .. don't think they really know that's why the Open Beta to see the influx of players so they will have a pretty good idea how many servers to bring online for Launch.

gruffen2
08-31-2014, 05:03 PM
for everyone ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the time till release, please keep in mind that ArcheAge is being brought to the NA and EU areas by Trion with permission from XL Games. Trion doesn't actually get much say in stuff like this, and since ArcheAge started out as a KOREAN game, so that's the group that is most likely controlling the release. MMOs are huge over there, so a couple weeks is probably all they need. also, we've been in alpha for MONTHS, so i don't see what there really is to complain about. i just hope they increase the amount of land available for farms so people who come late in at least the Head Start have a chance to grab a small plot (though it would be nice if Trion enforced the grid system for them, would be less of a pain trying to find a spot)

Zitow
08-31-2014, 05:14 PM
GM Amary said during last day of alpha that OBT servers should be the ones at release... tho i'm not sure how many are they, and if it's enough

Irrstern
08-31-2014, 05:25 PM
GM Amary said during last day of alpha that OBT servers should be the ones at release... tho i'm not sure how many are they, and if it's enough

i guess they run 4 NA and 4 EU servers... or 6 NA and 2 EU who knows..we EU players always get thretened like ♥♥♥♥ since the changes over there^^

Kytsur
08-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Kytsur .. don't think they really know that's why the Open Beta to see the influx of players so they will have a pretty good idea how many servers to bring online for Launch.

I see, that makes sense, thanks!

Boop 1
08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Although I am happy with the release, why were we left with nothing for now? I am bored and I dont play any other games. I was faithful to Archeage. Did I mention I was BORED? Couldn't we keep playing until the release? Open something for us while we wait...

bored bored bored

princess
08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Although I am happy with the release, why were we left with nothing for now? I am bored and I dont play any other games. I was faithful to Archeage. Did I mention I was BORED? Couldn't we keep playing until the release? Open something for us while we wait...

bored bored bored

:D That made me smile, cos I know exactly how you feel (and didn't want to say anything). I miss my FooDog... :-(

Tabrian
08-31-2014, 07:46 PM
definitely the best news I've heard since receiving a closed beta invite. I can't wait for the open beta & full launch. hopefully the servers don't get overloaded right away.

If they do get overloaded & crash during open beta though it's not a really bad thing, cause it gives time to adjust the server size & number of servers before the full launch.

also... if I still lived on the west coast you better believe I'd have found a way to go attend PAX. I don't think I'd have kept the glider though... I'd much rather craft & upgrade my own than just get one. sure it looks cool but it'd take all the sense of accomplishment out of the whole thing.

Bunnyleptic
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
i guess they run 4 NA and 4 EU servers... or 6 NA and 2 EU who knows..we EU players always get thretened like ♥♥♥♥ since the changes over there^^

Here is the official statement on release info:

All Alpha Servers (ALPHA and OMEGA) will be down from Aug 31 12am PDT onwards during the Open Beta (OBT). (Update: ALPHA servers are now closed, to read about what happened during the last hours of Alpha, I’ve made a post here (http://insideemperial.com/archeage-the-end-of-days-on-alpha/) all about it – THE END OF DAYS OF ARCHEAGE ALPHA (http://insideemperial.com/archeage-the-end-of-days-on-alpha/))
It’s important to note that this announcement does mark the end of Alpha. The Alpha and Omega servers will be permanently brought down Sunday, August 31 at 12:00 AM, but not without due fanfare. Starting this Saturday at 6:00 PM PDT, our diligent Alpha testers should check their in-game mail.

Following Open Beta, all servers will be wiped.

And as mentioned in the forums, during ArcheAge Headstart and Launch, the server names will also remain as they are in Beta Servers:

North America

Aranzeb
Naima
Kyrios
Ollo
Tahyang
Salphira

Europe

Shatigon
Kyprosa
Eanna
Dahuta

P.S. People have been asking about the validity of this information – it had been announced in the CBE3 Livestream on the Trion’s Twitch Livestream (link below) @ 29:50
(Update: Regarding server, Trion’s CEO said that they will likely be announcing an Oceanic-tagged server on web because the game’s coding doesn’t allow server name to be edited beyond 1 word.) – Information provided by Kelvin Leung

Additional info: 2 characters to start per account during Headstart/Launch – additional slots can be purchased to a maximum of 4 per server and 6 per account. (Verified Trion’s Twitch Livestream @ 28:30)

Marketplace and APEX will be enabled during Headstart and Launch (Verified Trion’s Twitch Livestream @22:00) – Patron status will be able to be bought by credits through APEX. Founder’s items will be available for your first character (in your mail) when you log in (Verified Trion’s Twitch @ 39:35)

Everyone at #PAX is receiving Silver Founder packs + PAX glider which will be made available later after launch for purchase.

Mana changes for Launch (mana regen during combat is improved)

The continent of Auroria will be closed for Headstart and Launch until further notice (Verified Trion’s Twitch Livestream @ 18:30)

Mini-tractor Hype is in development

And here is the link Click Here (http://insideemperial.com/archeage-release-date/) if you want to check it out for yourself.
I hope this helps answering a few questions that some people might have.

Cheers.

jwilson
08-31-2014, 10:39 PM
So i cant just pay my $15 or whatever its going to be? I have to go to this APEX thing to do it? Will there be a link to this thing? Is there a post about APEX, i have no clue what that even is or how it works. Any info on how we will have to pay would be great. Thanks!

Antherius
08-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Bring the game back to steam so i can buy it!

Grae
08-31-2014, 10:46 PM

bored bored bored

:( same same i feel ya, been opening this forum every now and then then switch to game website then switch to guild website then back to forum.. BORED.. ..

http://i.imgur.com/wC6WmZ9.jpg

Treshu
09-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Am happy with the announcement, though I was wondering when headstart will launch, if we need to look after a specific thing, when it comes to the beta-folder?

We gonne DL an update I presume?
This will automaticly, added in the already excisting Beta-folder?
or are we getting a total upgraded 'new' version, which we have to DL it, into a new named AA-folder?

Just asking to be sure, to avoid any possible 'folder-conflicts'
TY in advance for clearing this up

AmazingDwarf
09-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Am happy with the announcement, though I was wondering when headstart will launch, if we need to look after a specific thing, when it comes to the beta-folder?

We gonne DL an update I presume?
This will automaticly, added in the already excisting Beta-folder?
or are we getting a total upgraded 'new' version, which we have to DL it, into a new named AA-folder?

Just asking to be sure, to avoid any possible 'folder-conflicts'
TY in advance for clearing this up

I have the same question. Any update on this?

Millenna
09-01-2014, 01:52 AM
i hope we don't have to re-download the client but just an update, can we have answer about that?

PuppyCat
09-01-2014, 02:02 AM
I like turtles

Rozath
09-01-2014, 03:18 AM
You completely scare them away, and remember the game developers don't ***** love the game like you do, they are in it for the money nothing else bro, you think their your best friend and you think you relate with each other, it's very sad and a delusional way to live.

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to why people make games. i know for a fact that my self and most of the people who i am on a computer games development course at uni with want to develop games because we love games. if i was in it for the money i am sure that i would have chosen a much more lucrative career choice. As for the relating with the devs i do agree that its delusional to think you are their best friend however if you don't feel like you can talk to them then there would be a lot less feedback that allows the devs to make the game better for everyone.

healno
09-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Your an idiot, and you need a life my man. It's people like you who ruin Online Communities and scare away many potentially great players because of your unrealistic exceptions for how a player should behave, you think they should kiss the ground of the game developers, and behave the way you see fit and it's damaging for many gaming communities. It's ridiculous, your problem is that you lack a life outside of gaming and believe everyone should be just like you and its a damn shame that people like you keep good players away from games like this because you judge every single comment they make, and you oust them. You completely scare them away, and remember the game developers don't ***** love the game like you do, they are in it for the money nothing else bro, you think their your best friend and you think you relate with each other, it's very sad and a delusional way to live.

seems the only idiot here is you... we all now know you know NOTHING about dev. of games or software at all...almost ALL dev. in the gaming end of programing LOVE the game they are working on... it is a mix of art and programing and "they"... we like to watch it come to live before our eyes and say.... I made this... thumbs down on your post.. I was once told something by my grandfather which I will pass on to you.... might help you later in life - if you don't have something good to say... STFU - or - (and I fell for this with this post) never argue with an idiot...(that would be you) they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

ProtosX
09-01-2014, 05:48 AM
OPEN beta will start this thursday. As the name implies, its open to everyone who wanna play the game. This is where FREE to play really begins.

Since Open Beta population is not limited by keys, coz we dont need one. Thus expect an increase in player population.

Last CBE all EU servers have the "High" Status which is 1 step away from full and queuing.

This OBT will surely give everyone an insight on how many servers is needed on launch. if for example they added a few servers coz OBT is fully packed. Will we see the same numbers of OBT servers during Head Start?

If they will provide more servers on head start, this will be a great step in making sure that not one server contains all patrons which means there will be a big possibility that more lands will be left for players who will get patron later on. Patrons will not cause a big impact in both the economy and plots.

however, if they will provide a few servers on head start and plan to open more on public launch right after head start itself. then they will kill the very essence of head start itself, compact patrons on a few servers which leaves those servers few plot spaces after head start.

Will i stay on the server i play if they did this? lel Ofc thats a NO for me.

I will make a char on the few headstart servers, farm materials and gold, and at 3rd day i will stop using LP so that when i jump server i will send all the stuff my 1st char have to my new char in the new launched server!!!

I will never play on a server packed with patrons. Id rather trash and toss my head start and fashion and glider in order to play a server with few patrons.

Any of the two, theres always a way to choose. Its up to AA folks to make the right choice as we players only do what we can to adapt base on what they do.

sunsfire
09-01-2014, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=Relient;359088]- Labor Point adjustment for Free to Play & Patron: Why does there need to be any adjustment? you will see why if u get past level 30

- Archeum very low drop rate: Fix announced during Pax they say there going fix a lot but with less than to weeks to fix and test most us don't see it happening

- PvP Flagging issues - Purple unflagging quickly & PvP Flagging issues - Red attacking a party but not flagging for every member: not gonna change unless KR gets an update. we can have stuff KR don't have.

- Farming/Gathering grinds - No 10k Bundles available: Don't understand the problem here. You can farm without bundles soooooooo. makes life easyer

- No Guild tools available at all (Permissions, Member Notes, MOTD): Again don't understand the problem here. this is massive problem no guild notes no guild banking team based game a lot this would help the team style

- House/Farm permission issues (Only own can use/drop items): Your house aka only you can put stuff in it, its not rocket science. Permissions are only for "use" of items. team game work together and share this dose not support it as is

- Farmer's Workbench permissions: Don't get why this should be changed, you give your garden up for it so only you should be able to use it.team game work together and share this dose not support it as is

Ironwing
09-01-2014, 06:43 AM

Im pretty sure you dont know what game devs think, so let me fill you in. I play this RTS game, pretty small but very good, and the game devs actually play with the community regularly. Heck, they even hire from the community quite often because they believe it takes a player and fan to better their game. Know what else? They take suggestions about weapons and items and give credit to the original creator and they even create items for the regular supporters. Tell me, do these guys sound like their money hungry? They treat their game like a work of passion, not a work of labor.

I also agree with Betacake. Not so much that anyone who disagrees with something but that the disagreement is spread in a negative way. I mean, I wouldnt call "FU Trion" very productive and constructive, would you? If they stated why it was unfair or how they were "screwing over their customers" I wouldve said this guy has a point, if the point was actually valid. And well, this also applies to what you said as well sadly. Theres no productive and constructive statement in your post, you just say Betacake needs a life.

As for the 2 week notice... When you are about to quit your job, its considerate to give your boss a "Two Weeks Notice" so they have time to find a replacement for you, yet no one seems to do this anymore or if they do, they think its ample time for some reason. 2 Weeks is plenty of time and despite popular belief, the world doesnt revolve around your "first world problems". On vacation? Not Trions fault. School? While I do think Trion couldve planned a bit better to release on a week were school is in vacation or such, its not Trions fault you are in school, you choose to go to College (Since most 18 year olds are out of high school. If you are under 18, I would suggest you recheck the EULA, first rule of Alpha participation which states you promise you are 18. If you are under the age of 18, you cannot enter Alpha Pre-Release). Again, release date couldve been planned better, yes, but this is the date chosen for some reason and we have to deal with it (That is unless one of us buys Trion out and changes the release date... At which point I ask if you have nothing better to do with a few billion dollars other than buying a company just to change a date).

Personally, Im excited for release, sooner the better in fact. Im excited to see whats in store for the future. New races maybe? New skills? Airship combat? Many things can only come from a release and while I wish Alpha became PTR to test future ideas, Im sure XL Games/Trion can make whatever they implement work.

Monde
09-01-2014, 06:53 AM
While I do think Trion couldve planned a bit better to release

I think it is GENIUS to release now. Patrons who bought the 90 day access will have it expire just before Christmas. Perfect to buy another 3 months as a gift for someone or people just buying another few months so that they don't lose their farms / houses while they away for Christmas.

Genius, PURE Genius.

Baelthar
09-01-2014, 07:37 AM
So is that it? Is the game launching with a broken archeum system? Great.

Atalate
09-01-2014, 07:46 AM
So is that it? Is the game launching with a broken archeum system? Great.

Explain.
/tooshort

Nomi
09-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Has there been any details about who / how folks gain entry into Open Beta? More invites and Game Sites or will this be wide open?? -Thanks!

Grimspiller
09-01-2014, 07:48 AM
To all of you complaining it starts to early, just leave and don't play. Nobody cares about your stupid posts. Trion don't get much money from your single payment for patron status, and they want to get things going so users pay every month. They won't change decision no matter how many users complain. Just let it go.

Baelthar
09-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Impossible to level any kind of armor/weapon crafting or craft any decent gear because archeum acquisition rates are ridiculously low. An issue made worse by the lack of archeum trees on launch. It broke the economy on alpha.

/longenough?

Grae
09-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Has there been any details about who / how folks gain entry into Open Beta? More invites and Game Sites or will this be wide open?? -Thanks!

OP does say
Open Beta will be available to all new and veteran players with no invitation required

DarkDexter
09-01-2014, 08:10 AM
You're kidding right?

- Labor points - I personally don' think it's broken but many people do so this is a legit concern
- Archeum - Fix announced but unpracticed or seen in application. If you tell me that's what a 3 day open beta is for, I disagree. Open beta should be smoothing things out not trying out new things.
-PVP Flagging - Unfortunate but true as far as I know - although it does seem unfair
- 10k bundles - can't speak about it as I lack the experience
- No guild tools = big organizational problem. Even games from 10 years ago have better permission set-ups than Archeage. This is something the community has been asking for and they have said they would work on but nothing has come yet.
- Shading/Texture - this is something that should be resolved before launch without question

And let's not forget all the other bugs and glitches that they have yet to address and solve. Some are just so amateur and unprofessional for a company to launch with it's sad. With the amount of bug reports and issues that were posted from the last beta; it's somewhat shocking that they're saying: a F*ck it, let's launch anyway and see what happens.

Absolutely my Point of view..Guess I will never buy a game pre-release again. It's allmost allways the same ♥♥♥♥. :mad:

FuWeiPoo
09-01-2014, 08:45 AM
I do appreciate the launch announcement, but I really wish you would've given us a bit more notice about Alpha closing. A 24-hour shutdown announcement really isn't fair as some of us have already made plans, especially when before you had announced the closing of alpha when OBT would open up.

1st world problems........boo hoo
:rolleyes:

frag
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
What shall we name our data folder for headstart? I assume the copy/pasting mechanism will work for headstart as well?

elrostih88
09-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Need to be back on Steam hurry.

Disco
09-01-2014, 08:51 AM
The people complaining about the launch date being too soon and they can't get time off work are hilarious. So if you are taking time off work to play a video game I have to assume you are not one of those scientists furiously working on that ebola vaccine/cure and no one will die if you don't show up for work. So give your boss some lame excuse like everyone does and take a long weekend or something. I'm sure someone else can cover the drive-thru for a day or two while you get your farms set up. If you had steam like any respectable pc gamer you already knew weeks ago what the release date was because contrary to popular belief, they don't just make up dates. I'm sure this date was chosen months ago and they just wanted all the nerds getting all excited cause ohhhhhhh pax party hype so exciting...

http://www.dogwoodpet.com/wp-content/uploads/Cat-Bored.jpg

Eyechuteewe
09-01-2014, 09:36 AM
It's hilarious that the same moans have been made for half of the 24 pages, and the same answer about having had plenty of time to know about the truth occupy the other 24. If people bothered to research the whole thread we could get down to a respectable five or six pages. Should be a way to Katamari the ppl who have posted the exact same information as several hundred ppl b4 them.

Madcap2112
09-01-2014, 09:51 AM
When can we get the client?

MrFunk
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I am having trouble locating this information so maybe someone could help.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a list of NA servers and where the server is located that will be for launch? I have east coast and west coast friends and we are trying to find the best Central server to join all together.

Is there a list of servers for launch yet or will there be before launch?

Eyechuteewe
09-01-2014, 09:53 AM
When can we get the client?
Now, it's called GLYPH

ProtosX
09-01-2014, 09:56 AM
This is totally off topic, but since this is the hottest thread at the time, i'm gonna take my chance in asking this way off topic question.

Can we equip 2 scepter and a staff? or 2 scepter and a bow only? or scepter + shield only?

anyone tried 2 1handed scepter + 2handed staff?

Thank you so much in advance! ^_^ Want some chicken curry indian style? hehe >,..,< hottest dinner incoming!

Madcap2112
09-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Now, it's called GLYPH

That's nice, when can we download the ARCHEAGE client. I don't want to spend hours fighting with 8,976,781,384,635 other users downloading 20gb on thursday.

frag
09-01-2014, 10:21 AM
That's nice, when can we download the ARCHEAGE client. I don't want to spend hours fighting with 8,976,781,384,635 other users downloading 20gb on thursday.

Open beta folder is the same as your closed beta given that your characters have been saved. It is on the first post...

Madcap2112
09-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Open beta folder is the same as your closed beta given that your characters have been saved. It is on the first post...

Never got into beta.

Anderion
09-01-2014, 10:33 AM
This is totally off topic, but since this is the hottest thread at the time, i'm gonna take my chance in asking this way off topic question.

Can we equip 2 scepter and a staff? or 2 scepter and a bow only? or scepter + shield only?

anyone tried 2 1handed scepter + 2handed staff?

Thank you so much in advance! ^_^ Want some chicken curry indian style? hehe >,..,< hottest dinner incoming!

I am not really a pro here, i don't really know the exact answers, but i think it was like this:
you cannot equip 2 scepters, nor 2 staffs. a staff and a bow goes fine, a scepter and a bow too. A shield and a scepter is definitely possible too

Bunnyleptic
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I am having trouble locating this information so maybe someone could help.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a list of NA servers and where the server is located that will be for launch? I have east coast and west coast friends and we are trying to find the best Central server to join all together.

Is there a list of servers for launch yet or will there be before launch?

Sigh, why people never read the whole forum before posting :/
I have given this information more than 3 times already...

And as mentioned in the forums, during ArcheAge Headstart and Launch, the server names will also remain as they are in Beta Servers:

North America
Aranzeb
Naima
Kyrios
Ollo
Tahyang
Salphira

Europe
Shatigon
Kyprosa
Eanna
Dahuta

Click here (http://insideemperial.com/archeage-release-date/) if you want to check it yourself.

PS: There's no info on where these servers are located...

Outlander
09-01-2014, 11:13 AM
I got married last Friday and I didn't have access to Internet until today. This announcement is the best wedding present ever!

So excited!

Madcap2112
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
PS: There's no info on where these servers are located...

There\ll probably be a ping speed to them.

0nce
09-01-2014, 12:25 PM
I got married last Friday and I didn't have access to Internet until today. This announcement is the best wedding present ever!

So excited!

Archeage launch date announcement > Marriage.

Seems like a healthy relationship.

Sp00gle
09-01-2014, 12:28 PM

So excited!

Congratulations :)

rothping
09-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Beta was a blast. This waiting is murder!

Sajiri
09-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Archeage launch date announcement > Marriage.

Seems like a healthy relationship.

Wedding present, which Im sure beats the usual toaster and vases, not archeage is better than the wedding. Also congratulations Outlander :)

I've been kind of out of the loop. I restarted so many times in alpha cause I couldn't decide what race I wanted to be, then again when Omega came up. I skipped out on beta because I didn't want to burn myself out before launch. Im happy to find out it's coming soon, not so much to hear it's the same week as the FFXI free log-in campaign since I was planning to go back there for nostalgia's sake :p That's not trion's issue of course, but it's up there with how all games Im watching all seem to release at the same time (especially in november).

I dont get these people angry about not being able to take time off for launch. I mean, I can't even fathom requesting vacation just to play a game, but then again I had a serious gaming addiction in the past so I avoid that kind of behaviour. Maybe it would be worth it trying to ask my boss for a few days off that week (headstart is 5am saturday for me so I dont have to worry anyway), I don't want to play 24/7, I cant handle being in front of my pc for more than 2-3 hours at a time max, but it would be nice to enjoy the game without falling asleep after work and chores at the end of the day.

Anyway, any word yet on if there's a seperate client for release? Or does it use the same beta client? I never downloaded beta one so don't know if I should wait for next week when a release one comes out or get beta set up asap.

Ayupan
09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
My birthday is the 11th, so this will be a good present!

Phi1ippe
09-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Hell YEAH !!!!!! Can't wait !

Bunnyleptic
09-01-2014, 04:31 PM
My birthday is on the 15th :P

Crozette
09-01-2014, 07:17 PM

So excited!

Big Congrats .... hope you both play? Pals that play together stay together :D