PDA

View Full Version : Official: Boss Spawn Timer Discussions

Celestrata Bloodsong
02-19-2018, 03:00 PM
Hello Adventurers,

Coming up with 4.5, we're going to have a chance to adjust boss spawn timers. We know this is always a contentious topic amongst the community, as everyone has their own patterns of play, but we want to try to make the boss spawns as available as possible for as many people in the community as we can.

Right now, we're looking for feedback on the following:

1. Do you like the boss spawns at the times they currently are?
2. If you do not, would you like them later, earlier? Different days, or keep them on the days they're on?

Thanks!

RaptorPT
02-19-2018, 03:23 PM
30 min more late it will be amazing because dgs is overlaid with Mistmerrow Time

Shaiye
02-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Kraken/Red Dragon: These two are timed perfectly, however, their Sunday spawn should be moved back to Saturday. It's been like that since 3.5 and it's really weird.

Delphinad Ghost Ship: Also timed perfectly, no changes needed in my opinion.

However, concerning RD/Kraken/DGS, I believe they should never be set to spawn at a later time than 9:00PM EDT (they spawn 8:00PM now because of no daylight savings), when they first spawned at 11:00PM EDT it was ridiculous (and I thank you guys for changing it so quickly) and any later than 9 would be pretty late.

Leviathan: Move it back to Friday if Kraken/RD are moved back to Saturday.

Hanure, Rangora, Morpheus, Nazar: These four shouldn't despawn on their own, in my opinion. They should stay up until someone kills them like their pre-3.5 versions, and then have their few hours to respawn.

Edit: Concerning the Mistmerrow overlap, maybe move Mistmerrow to a half hour after reset (Normally 8:30PM EDT) to avoid the overlapping with DGS and other bosses.

okram2k
02-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Why don't you pick a half dozen time slots and make it random of which boss will spawn when. Give a server announcement and break things up a bit.

Drewtalkstrash
02-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Dgs Should be split with two different spawn times like 9pm edt and 9am edt, and all other bosses have alternating spawn times like this Tuesday kraken spawns at 9pm edt next tuesday 9 am edt. If not reach out to the current top guild/nation because the guy on reddit is correct everyone else is irrelevant in terms of content if you are not going to vary the spawn times of conent.

Boku
02-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Please give OCE an event, any event, literally there are only so many sunken ships and trade runs a man can do :(

ThaneKri0s
02-19-2018, 04:14 PM
oss timers are not the problem, the problem is the lack if game activities outside of timers and events, archeum in rng boxes killed auroira, cargo changes killed sea trade, fishing nerfs killed fishing a long time ago, the list goes on and on. nobody has a good reason to go out into the world and do activities that aren't world events. Changing around the hours of the scheduled theme park doesnt make the theme park any better.

creating activites that have players out in the world interacting is what is going to make archeage more enjoyable, not changing around bosses that affect 5% of the community.

Shaiye
02-19-2018, 05:02 PM
On the topic of 4.5, what is the possibility of bringing back pre-4.0 combat buff recipes such as Spellbooks, Kingdom's Shadows and Jujubes?

It's like these buffs were never removed since Trion allowed players to use them after the patch, so they might as well be craftable again.

Squippit
02-19-2018, 05:57 PM
I'm not a "ruling guild" member, so as a peon, I'd like to 3 biggies (Kraken, Red Dragon, Leviathan) to be less predictable in their spawning. Perhaps they can spawn during prime time when the big guilds can take em down, perhaps they spawn then they're asleep and the rest of us have a chance at getting some sweet catch up loot. I was in guilds that could do them once, and I understand the appealingness of them being scheduled so everyone can prepared for them, but it /really/ sucks for the little guy. Maybe give the world bosses like 3 time slots, and if it doesn't proc in the first one after reset, the big guilds go "guess were not doing that today" and go to bed and we can expect if at one of the next 2 procs. Iunno, but I'd like there to be SOME way to get Kraken shields and the Leviathan title. Back when we were all around the same gearscore and you didn't know who would get Kraken, they drops actually went for reasonable prices. Now they're exorbitant. Perhaps that's how it's supposed to be.

helltonic
02-19-2018, 08:06 PM
Event times suck for anyone playing in the PST/GMT-8 (California) time zone. If you work a normal 8-5 job, pretty much when you get home there's no event you can make it to.

Abyssal starts at 2:30PM for that time zone, Luscas start at 3:00PM, MM/Content spawns at 5PM and there are no events after that. So pretty much when I get home every day I don't bother logging on AA because there's nothing to do. These crappy event timers are pretty much why I and much of my guild who plays in the same time zone have stopped playing the game altogether.

SirPurple
02-19-2018, 09:38 PM
There is a thread of the aussies begging for trion to keep am halcy and mistmerrow before they were removed.

That would be a good place to start.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?289874-Event-timers-Trion-and-Celestrata-ignoring-their-OCE-community

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?288426-Announcing-the-new-North-American-and-European-Event-Schedules!&highlight=oceanic+halcy

Edwardo
02-19-2018, 10:20 PM
I would change the prime time mistmerrow to 30 mins earlier or an hour later, so that its not overlapped with other content.

I would add a mistmerrow to oceanic time period.

I do agree with the sentiment raised by the earlier poster in that changing the times around wont change that there is very little to do in the game thanks to all the changes made by XL that reduced the sand park nature of the game.

wouter1390
02-20-2018, 01:32 AM
Splitting the worldbosses just like mistmerrow
times could also be good. It would give a better availabillity, specially with the attacking/defending dragon changes.

otakustar
02-20-2018, 06:02 AM
please push back luscas/abyssal on EU by at least 1 hour, they are really hard to attend for people that work and want to have dinner :cool:

Shootwho
02-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Lusca/abyss should move 2 hours maybe 3 later. Current times don't work for any time zone in NA. And splitting MM and CR would be great.

Shaiye
02-20-2018, 09:09 AM
And splitting MM and CR would be great.

It's impossible to stop events that spawn through in-game time from overlapping with events that spawn through real world time. They've addressed this in the past and pretty much said the same thing.

Maklah
02-20-2018, 09:43 AM
you know whats missing from this post? the actual times of bosses. try googling it....the times out there are all out of date. IMO give us all the timers here in this post so we can give opinions

ShockaWocka
02-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Can events of all kinds stop happening at the same time so population is split? The last thing anything in this game needs is for less players to do anything. Such as anything at the same time as Abyssal or Mistmerrow for example. Just don't do that.

MysticWizard
02-20-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't expect any changes for EU players on NA but I guess it's good to have all the data so here it goes:

I come home from work around 9:30AM pst, and can play until 13:00PM pst, except on Friday then I can play until 15:00PM pst. In the weekend I can play from 00:00AM pst to 15:00 pst except on Sunday than it's 13:00PM pst.

Basically any overlap with these times would be great, even if it was only in the weekend.

My time is CET (Amsterdam).

Maklah
02-20-2018, 03:59 PM
you know whats missing from this post? the actual times of bosses. try googling it....the times out there are all out of date. IMO give us all the timers here in this post so we can give opinions

Squippit
02-20-2018, 04:46 PM
I would also like to point out we have this Daily Schedule tab that has literally never been used for anything, and I imagine it would be very helpful to both new and old players.

https://i.imgur.com/MDT0WOs.jpg

Solicited
02-20-2018, 10:32 PM
I believe all of the events could stand to be pushed back a couple hours. From personal experience (with old timers), Mid-day Kraken was one of the hardest events to pull people for because it was middle of the day in US. Similarly, the current Auroria warehouses are automatically activated in the middle day which is pretty awkward.

I also know people who don't get off until well after Abyssal starts; I think depending on timezone, a good portion of people even aren't home until the 7pm est quest reset time.
I also understand the desire to pop bosses at the same time in order to artificially create 'competition' or the choice between bosses, which doesn't really exist on any servers, but
we'll keep that design for the sake of stability. My suggestions also take into consideration the ability to change the 'daily reset' time.

(TIMES ARE IN EST)

6:00 Abyssal (pushed back 30 mins)
6:30 Luscas (pushed back 30 mins)
(This gives people time to get out there, the first 30 minutes of Abyssal are usually sluggish anyway) get their quests, open their dailies, etc
7:30 TERRITORY WAREHOUSES ACTIVATED (pushed back a lot, current times are horrible)
8:00 RESET (pushed back 1 hour)
8:05 Mistmerrow (same time as reset +5 mins, with new shorter timer ends before ghost ships spawn)
8:30 Delphinad ghost ships, Kraken (Tues, Thurs, Sat)
8:30 Delphinad ghost ships, Red Dragon (Mon, Weds, Friday)

Big change: Levi spawns only on Sunday.

Hyna
02-21-2018, 03:51 AM
In my opinion as a player in Europe servers,
The bosses spawn should be over written.
Currently there is only 3 busy days overall- Abyssal, Kraken, Red Dragon, DGS all at the same days(Tuesday, Thursday and Staturday) While other days it pretty much Just DGS and Leviathan(not on sunday).
First of all, need to take in advance the changes for summer and winter clock around europe. Bosses spawn will be one hour later (for me east europe time currently bosses like dragon/kraken despawn at 1AM and soon will be 2AM)
I think first timers need to be in Europe servers on CEST and UTC based. About boss spawn and events- Leviahthan spawn need to be much earlier at days there is no abyssal like a replacement. On Mistmerrow Shouldnt be any boss spawn. And definitely sunday need to have more content after siege time.

Sovorack
02-21-2018, 06:54 AM
IMO Boss timers should always be split up:

Lower bosses
Flamelord, Windlord, Nazar, Morpheus, etc. they currently have a fixed spawn as they spawn x hours after being killed, despawn after y hours if not killed.
The only change I would love to see, is they wouldn’t despawn. Basically like it was before 3.5.
But that’s only a minor concern =)

Pushed bosses
These include all rift bosses (CR/GR/Whalesong/Aegis) and Thunderwing Titan.
Nothing wrong with these, players have full control over when and if the bosses spawn or not.
Perfect in my opinion.

Content bosses
Basically, Kraken, Red Dragon, Leviathan and I would like to include Delphinad Ghost Ships/Abyssal Attack/Luscas in this.

Every single one of them spawns multiple times a week, but they spawn at fixed timers. They do spawn at NA prime time, when most of the NA people are online. (or EU prime time on EU servers)

Bad thing about that is:

Timezones exist. 8PM West Coast = 11PM East Coast = 1AM in Brazil. Besides that, a lot of EU people just prefer to play on NA servers (language, friends from other games etc), same things with OCE/Asian people. A large portion of the game’s population is never online during NA primetime. Therefor I would love make a proposition:

Don’t have fixed timers on the most important bosses/events. I’ll explain with an example:

Leviathan currently spawns 3 time a week. This happens on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday

As it spawns 3 times a week and a week containing 168h, you could say it spawns every 56h on average. This would result, considering maintenance is finished at 10AM on Wednesday (as it usually is):

First Leviathan spawns: Wednesday 10AM (when server has just finished maintenance)
Second Leviathan spawns: Friday 6PM
Third Leviathan spawns: Monday 2AM

Obviously there is still a problem. Timers are now quite nicely spread out over the week and day, but you just feel it ain’t good. There is a fixed morning spawn (that doesn’t even spawn if maintenance is extended) + there is still a large gap where people will log on and find nothing to do. To solve that I would like to suggest a second change.

Timers with a range
Our precious Leviathan won’t have a fixed 56h spawn, but f.e. a ranged 50-62 hour spawn after being killed. These bosses do not despawn if not killed.

According to this:
First Leviathan spawns as soon as the server is up after patch
Second and every other spawn: 50-62 hours after being killed, exact timer can be seen in the Hero Hall.
Maintenances do NOT reset the timer.

Same thing for Kraken, Red Dragon, DGS, Abyssal Attack and Luscas (although the last three should have a timer like 22-26h after being killed)
Having these ranged timers will allow the most important bosses spawn at completely random moments. People in pretty much every timezone will be able to contest these. After a few weeks there should’ve been enough spawns to ensure that everyone was able to contest at least one.

~Sovo

EziBear
02-21-2018, 09:43 AM

same

VVelhon
02-21-2018, 10:42 AM
I would love to see pre-3.5 worldbosses, AKA "lower tier" WBs not despawning until they are killed

Shaiye
02-21-2018, 11:39 AM
After a few weeks there should’ve been enough spawns to ensure that everyone was able to contest at least one.

Let's be real here, how many people are actually going to contest? The last time I've ever heard of a random group of people coming to contest a boss [that isn't an established guild that can already come contest] was months ago.

Randomized boss timers sound like a terrible idea to begin with, and here's why:

First and foremost, why would anyone with a pug mentality wait anywhere from 1-4 hours for a boss to spawn to go contest it? That's 4 hours that could've been spent on running packs, or farming, or whatever.

Secondly, even if that pug wanted to contest the boss, but didn't want to waste time waiting and decided to run packs, what would happen if they were in the middle of a 20-30 minute long run from one end of the continent to the other and the boss spawned 5 minutes in? A normal pug isn't going to drop their packs on the ground and go contest a boss, they're going to finish the run (and probably not contest the boss at all)

Thirdly, what about freefarm guilds? They're not going to want to wait 1-4 hours for the boss to spawn to kill it, especially with how worthless 90% of boss drops are nowadays (I'm looking at you, RD/TWT) and even if they decided they weren't going to kill it, the chances of anyone else going to do it are low.

The idea has good intentions, but it's completely ignoring the "how many people want to contest?" factor. Having been in a freefarm guild for way too long in this game, I assure you that answer is a very, very low amount of people. The last thing anyone would want to do is sit around waiting for a boss or event to start at an unpredictable time.

Now, let's say that this change was to occur and bosses would spawn, stay up until killed, and then respawn in a range of hours later. There's way too many issues with this in its own right:

We all remember the 24 hour Krakens and 6 hour Delphinad Ghost Ships, they weren't fun at all.

Another issue lies in a small group's ability to stall a boss until it reaches their primetime and then kill it themselves. Let's say an Australian guild on NA has low numbers when the boss spawns, stalls it until they can pull their full numbers and then kill the boss while a North American guild's numbers would be ridiculously low as it'd be early in the morning. Not only would they have a free kill, but the boss would respawn within their time range. And they could do it every week if they wanted to.

Now, I didn't ignore the part where you said Hero Halls would display respawn timers to the point, however, this is XLGames we're talking about here. The only boss they've ever done that for is Thunderwing Titan, when many other bosses have had respawn times that could be manipulated by players and did not have their respawn timers displayed. Hell, you can't even find the timers for RD/Kraken/DGS in-game anywhere.

TL;DR: Randomized timers are a terrible idea since people aren't going to want to wait around for them to spawn at an unpredictable time. We've always had fixed timers, and it works for the majority--Let's keep it that way.

Setrict
02-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Can we please have the daily events schedule DISPLAY according to either our individual time zones or a "minutes/hours until event" indication. You already do it with housing demo times. This game is years old and even old-timers still have to ask "how long until X" frequently. UTC / Game time is pointlessly annoying. A simple event countdown would work for everyone regardless of timezone. It would also be nice to ADD the boss spawn times to the event schedule in game.

No one wants to have to do do the mental calculations (ok, maybe some of you weirdos do). CR is at 12:00 game time and it's 4:36a in game. 36 minutes is .6 hours, so that means 7.4 hours in game time. It's 15min of real world time for every game hour, so that's 111 minutes. 60 minutes in an hour, so that's 1 hour and 51 minutes from now. *Looks at clock". So if it's 2:43p now I need to be back for CR by (*math*) 4:34p. Having to do this all the time is just dumb.

Richinja
02-21-2018, 10:32 PM
I have so many things to state on this topic but I don't even know where to begin.

First off when and WHY did this game become solely focused on "bosses" and "events" that spawn during a specific timer.

BRING BACK *EMERGENT* OPEN WORLD CONTENT, MAKE ARCHEAGE GREAT AGAIN

There is NO reason to leave town if it's not during a set event. Almost ALL emergent gameplay is *gone*
- Fishing is dead
- Cross continent trade runs are dead
- Auroria farming is dead

There is nothing to do in this game that's fun for your most geared players and hardcore playerbase *and just as important there's nothing to do for any new player base to CATCH UP*

Okay, now that is out of the way let's talk about timers.

First - It doesn't matter what time you set it to. The hardcore guilds who want to do this content will do this content and the players who can't/won't/don't know how to do it will get pushed out of the content regardless, because the top guild on every server dominates this activity. During prime time. During the middle of the night. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN. "potatoes gonna potato"

Second - For the players that DO do this content, WHY ARE YOU OVERLAPPING THE FEW THINGS TO DO IN THIS GAME FOR THE TOP GEARED PLAYERS? DGS and Mistmerrow spawn at the exact same time? WHY?

Third - "content" days are basically Tuesday Thursday and Sunday. You can look at the current boss timers to easily figure out why these are the days the top guilds get on and actually look for some PvP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to fix? Changing timers around won't do anything. It will make it more convenient for one person and a little less convenient for another etc.

If all you are going to do is change timers around and nothing else at all regarding boss content, then you can clearly see stuff like DGS and MM overlapping is stupid, and Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday is stacked for content and other days aren't (levi is too easy to contest, levi days are pointless). So make changes accordingly to that.

ArcheAge faces one big problem right now (well, they face a lot of problems but this is the biggest). The amount of servers is far greater than the amount of guilds willing to even attempt something like Kraken, Red Dragon or god forbid Leviathan. The game needs merges, bad. There shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 servers at most. THIS WAS A PROBLEM *YEARS* AGO. Trion was warned about "free farm"
servers, guilds killing DGS nightly raking in gold and how it would create a barrier between the "have" and the "have nots" but you guys listened to the group of players who've almost all entirely quit by now anyways, the one's that were more concerned about losing their house and all the time they spent designing it rather than the one's doing the content

The guild doing DGS on Kraken, Conviction, whatever server you pick will still be the guild doing that same content no matter what hour you set it to, because the gear gap is too wide and the only people to contest it are *on other servers* MERGE THE SERVERS, STOP ALLOWING FREE FARM

Okay, now that is out of the way..

I have two ideas on boss timers.

- When Kraken spawns, it spawns *DORMANT*. When you click on it, you will see a countdown for when it awakens from its dormant stage. This can be anywhere from 10 to 30?? minutes. This gives people and guilds time to strategize and form an attack/defense plan. Open to suggestions on how quickly it can be attacked but somewhere of at least 10 minutes sounds good to me.

- I have another idea as far as Red Dragon is concerned. People say free farm is unfair. People say it prevents anybody from ever catching up. What if, an hour before Red Dragon spawns you can choose to defend the red dragon? If you sign up, the RD becomes a friendly (green) and if you successfully help defend the RD from being dying, you get a reward. This could help stop free farm. If zerging is an issue, perhaps allow a way for the attacking faction of RD to pay mercenaries to help kill it. I'm not sure. A system like this might best work with a new boss. I'm trying to think of a way that allows for two things to happen... A. GUILD/PLAYER/NATION POLITICS STILL PLAY A FACTOR AND PVP IS STILL A FACTOR .. but B. Allows ALL people to contribute, have fun, and get rewarded.

Richinja
02-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Also why does Diamond Shores go in to peace
A. Right during prime time??
B. Right around when DGS spawn so you can freely take DGS packs in to a peace zone.

Siller
02-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Can we have at least something during OCE/South East Asia prime time please. The frequency can be lesser than those of NAs but at least something for us to look forward to.

We were promised that you will look into our (OCE) concerns a year or two back when you changed the event timers and it never happened. Many OCE just gave up. I think it's better late then never. You will be surprised at the amount of people coming back once they realise they can play during their timing again.

Trymantha
02-22-2018, 03:39 AM
Will you also be looking at all the issues around the bosses(mainly player nations free farming) as well as the timers?

This
02-22-2018, 04:07 AM
It's impossible to stop events that spawn through in-game time from overlapping with events that spawn through real world time. They've addressed this in the past and pretty much said the same thing.

This is not true.
CR and GR is all related to when the servers come up.
If you not want to let them overlaps with any mm/lusca.
Just make the server come up and down at xx:30.
While most of the time it's up at xx:00.
First mm when go ocl and gr/cr is terrible.

Sovorack
02-22-2018, 06:11 AM
Let's be real here, how many people are actually going to contest? The last time I've ever heard of a random group of people coming to contest a boss [that isn't an established guild that can already come contest] was months ago.

This is a concern! Currently there are not enough people on each server to actually go through with my idea. My hope is that some of the more competitive people/guilds would return to the game if there was something to do during their playtime.

First and foremost, why would anyone with a pug mentality wait anywhere from 1-4 hours for a boss to spawn to go contest it? That's 4 hours that could've been spent on running packs, or farming, or whatever.

Secondly, even if that pug wanted to contest the boss, but didn't want to waste time waiting and decided to run packs, what would happen if they were in the middle of a 20-30 minute long run from one end of the continent to the other and the boss spawned 5 minutes in? A normal pug isn't going to drop their packs on the ground and go contest a boss, they're going to finish the run (and probably not contest the boss at all)

Thirdly, what about freefarm guilds? They're not going to want to wait 1-4 hours for the boss to spawn to kill it, especially with how worthless 90% of boss drops are nowadays (I'm looking at you, RD/TWT) and even if they decided they weren't going to kill it, the chances of anyone else going to do it are low.

They wouldn't have to wait more then they would do now. Timers would be visible somewhere in game. I indeed mentioned hero hall, but could be the event tab as well. Without it, you're absolutey right on the waiting game that noone wants to play. And the idea can be buried

About the freefarm guilds. The idea is trying to give other groups of players/guilds a change to kill an important boss on times when the freefarm guild is less organized. Freefarming isn't a healthy system for a server. The idea is trying to end at least some of the freefarming.

The idea has good intentions

Deleted some quotes here, cause already answered :p

Another issue lies in a small group's ability to stall a boss until it reaches their primetime and then kill it themselves. Let's say an Australian guild on NA has low numbers when the boss spawns, stalls it until they can pull their full numbers and then kill the boss while a North American guild's numbers would be ridiculously low as it'd be early in the morning. Not only would they have a free kill, but the boss would respawn within their time range. And they could do it every week if they wanted to.
I kinda hope, as mentioned before, that it would attract some older/new players in different timezones. With enough people around, stalling a boss would be pretty challenging. I personally never bothered a world boss loss, as long as the fight was fun.

When suddenly a respawn happens during an OCE primetime, it's only because the ranged timers made it happen. They might get lucky and get a few spawns in a row during their timeframe, but exactly because of that range, it will go to another timeframe again.

Now, I didn't ignore the part where you said Hero Halls would display respawn timers to the point, however, this is XLGames we're talking about here. The only boss they've ever done that for is Thunderwing Titan, when many other bosses have had respawn times that could be manipulated by players and did not have their respawn timers displayed. Hell, you can't even find the timers for RD/Kraken/DGS in-game anywhere.
Yup, you're right. It's XLGames we are talking about, so I don't believe any of these will ever happen. Just wanted to share my idea. Displaying the timers anywhere in game is vital for my idea an not sure XLGames would ever do this as timezones aren't really a problem in Korea

~Sovo

luniz
02-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Push the Sunday night kraken to day time, leave the others t night. A little bit of variety might be nice considering how boring it is to do the exact same things every week for years.

Umbrammortis
02-28-2018, 02:31 PM
I dont know how flexible possible changes are.

The current system penalizes people for not being in the correct time zone, especially when trying to achieve hero status etc.

I am not sure if you mean BOSSES and WORLD events.

Honestly. I would do GR/CR/Mistmerrow around the 7pm Central time zone. Then again around 4am Central. This covers so many time zones.

I would put bosses on random spawn between the hours of 6pm to 4am central. Only one can spawn at a time (random), when dead, a random one left out of the world boss pool spawns at a random time before 4am.

Its a game.. but it feels like a schedule I have to keep daily..nothing spontaneous about it, no real decisions made by the player base.

Shaiye
02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
I'm starting to feel that everyone asking for randomized boss spawns hasn't been to bosses often. Not one person I know who's been to bosses on a regular basis has said randomized spawns are a good idea. (And they're not.)

Sovorack
03-01-2018, 12:41 AM
I'm starting to feel that everyone asking for randomized boss spawns hasn't been to bosses often. Not one person I know who's been to bosses on a regular basis has said randomized spawns are a good idea. (And they're not.)

I've done all bosses in Archeage, but some of them only a few times. So basically you are right, I haven't done them on a regular basis.

You know why? because they don't spawn when I'm able to play. If my idea would be implemented (rest assured, XL won't implement that... too much work) everyone would be able to go there and do the content they pay for and deserve. Not on a daily basis, but at least once or twice a week.

fatkiller
03-01-2018, 02:31 PM
make some boss quest like monster hunter, group and kill. dungeon too waste time.
And i like the red dragon event, timed to kill a creature boss with many man.
but seem few man go fight the sea monster, may be the ship pay too much, or cant spawn on ship. i suggest can borrow ship from quest NPC.

Umbrammortis
03-02-2018, 10:52 AM
I'm starting to feel that everyone asking for randomized boss spawns haven't been to bosses often. Not one person I know who's been to bosses on a regular basis has said randomized spawns are a good idea. (And they're not.)

That's your opinion, which is no more or less valid than anyone else's.

I have killed all bosses multiple times, I have been in some of the largest guilds in the game. I have not killed TW nor Levi, although old guild members killed Levi, they are no longer allowed to play.

The current system creates an environment, where the strong become stronger, and the weak have no real chance to catch up. It is one of the big issues with the game right now, bridging that "gap". Don't get me wrong, the gap should exist, if you play for X years, you should have an advantage.

However, this "schedule" of world bosses highlights the gap. Because believe it or not, bosses are either uncontested (most servers nowadays) or there is PVP which usually results in that one guild, steamrolling.

Randomizing the boss spawn doesn't change that gap, but what it does provide, is opportunities that a forced schedule does not. Guild A knows to be on server at 8pm EST, it knows what events to cherry pick. There is never a situation where Guild A is doing Event A and then suddenly Event B happens, so they have to make a decision then and there, by randomizing it does not give Guild A exclusive rights over content which continues to enlarge an already burgeoning problem.

Ninjaface
03-06-2018, 01:25 PM
it would be nice to randomize a lot of this stuff so that more players have a chance to get them, rather then the big PN on the server always get them every day. if they were random, quiet ninja groups could go for them. of course, this is pointless when you do server announcements to begin with. get rid of the announcements! make people go there to look. sure people will log out spybots to check for spawns but at least they're checking! and people can kill the cambots too.

get rid of the schedule and rng everything and give in different time zones, some people are EST, some PST etc. vary it!
stop givng EVERYTHING to nations on a platter!

Physician
03-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Hello Adventurers,

Coming up with 4.5, we're going to have a chance to adjust boss spawn timers. We know this is always a contentious topic amongst the community, as everyone has their own patterns of play, but we want to try to make the boss spawns as available as possible for as many people in the community as we can.

Right now, we're looking for feedback on the following:

1. Do you like the boss spawns at the times they currently are?
2. If you do not, would you like them later, earlier? Different days, or keep them on the days they're on?

Thanks!

Kraken timer needs to be shortened to 3 hours as well as RD timer needs to be shortened to 3 hours before despawn. Let the guild choose their boss for that day.

As a player participating on denying content, it is obvious that the dominant guild are able to kill any boss in less than 5 min except RD/Thunderwing/Levi which takes ~30min to 1 hour depends on coordination of players.

As for Morph/ Rangora the despawn timer needs to be shortened (8 hours to 6 hours) and spawn time to be 1 hour or 1.5 hour because like I mentioned, as a denying player, this is enough to spend time on.

Physician
03-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Leave everything else alone please cuz almost everybody have irl stuff to take care of.

FreshLagon
03-07-2018, 05:10 AM
I haven't managed to participate in an event for a long time and have almost given up playing the game. Partly due to the events and spawn times being too early.

I vote for times to be at least 1 hour if not 2 hours later then they are currently.

Creativenesss
03-07-2018, 08:06 AM
I think bosses should spawn after MM, so people get the chance to attend both

Shaiye
03-10-2018, 05:08 PM
I haven't managed to participate in an event for a long time and have almost given up playing the game. Partly due to the events and spawn times being too early.

I vote for times to be at least 1 hour if not 2 hours later then they are currently.

Bosses already spawn at 9:00PM eastern daylight time. Any later and it'll be absolutely ridiculous.

They should scatter more Mistmerrows across the OCE hours in between 10:00PM EST and 10:00AM EST. Gives them and late-night players in America more entertainment.

Also, get rid of Diamond Shores peace at reset. That's primetime and it's really unfortunate that we can't PvP there at that time.

nyanko
03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
it's not really a boss but mistmerrow and crimson rift have got to stop overlapping

Jamms
03-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Not that anything will change but...

The real issues aren't timers, the biggest issues are:

1. You've wrecked anything that would draw people out into open world making them bored and sitting around waiting for a timed event. Fishing, Sea Trade, etc have all been ruined.

2. Player Nations are just pirate 2.0 now and broken. There is nothing to make them build a castle or develop the land in Auroria. The entire nation system is too broken. Too easy for them to just move from one server to another using a placeholder character. They should have to maintain a certain number of players, a certain level of gear score and keep a castle and all that goes with it alive and thriving. If they don't, their nation should go poof.

3. You allow player nations to use the stupid figurehead exploit to burn the biggest bosses in the game down in less than a minute. Kraken, Levi and I have heard even RD are being killed with this exploit and it is just wrong and makes this content a complete joke. Remove the figurehead or fix it.

zanti
03-14-2018, 04:50 PM
What he said your boss timers are a joke. If you are not in a nation you do not get to even see the big bosses.
So you tell me why i should care about boss timers?

Jamms
03-16-2018, 07:25 AM
What he said your boss timers are a joke. If you are not in a nation you do not get to even see the big bosses.
So you tell me why i should care about boss timers?

Silly Zanti. Don't you know that these forums are only for player nation people? Trino hasn't cared about west and east for a couple years now. ;)

AeroSolz
03-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Keep Morpheus exactally how it is; as it is now it is worth it for pirates to defend it.

Maybe if it is possible ot make Thunderwing just spawn once a week instead having to wait for people to do the reedwind stuff; bc im pretty sure no one does it unless 1 guild is looking to kill it.

Krokus
03-27-2018, 01:20 AM
It would be really nice if EU events, such as bosses and DGS would be moved 1-2 hours earlier. So that people who work and have to get up in the morning could also participate.

Enkelynn
03-27-2018, 07:52 AM
EU boss timers for kraken, red dragon and DGS are maybe an hour too late, specially for eastern europe... so moving them an hour earlier would be good. with that in mind maybe alternate between abyssal and kraken/red dragon days, so they wont overlap

nedrapter
04-01-2018, 05:23 AM
What do Pirates get for defending Morpheus? Just denying someone else? Should be some kind of reward for defending it like Red Dragon when it is friendly to you, right? Pirates are always outnumbered vs nations and default factions, so defending it against those huge raids is already next to impossible.

ReconTheCrusader
04-05-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that feels that how Trion has the boss timers set up, is more then just for North American players. The baseline for a Normal person getting off of work in North America is between 5:00PM an 6:00PM. I just want real timers for what group of people its aimed for. Theirs an EU server for a reason.

I will await your flame comments.

Hyna
04-06-2018, 04:28 AM
All this discussions about change of boss spawn and only thing that changed that in patch notes are shorten the timer for Red dragon and kraken nothing else.

DrownedMukip
04-06-2018, 07:09 AM
Maybe you can figure out how to turn on a server first