PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to roll on fresh server?

alkyd
04-19-2018, 02:47 AM
Hello everyone,
I just learned that there is a new fresh server in ArcheAge and I am interested to come back but I am afraid that since it was released already 2 weeks ago, I might be late to the party. What are your thoughts if I should start on fresh server or don't bother trying?

Also which faction has the most population? or is it balanced?

mikroman
04-19-2018, 03:35 AM
If you spend big money you can join in. If you play in "normal" mode you will have minor problems, but you can catch the big part of the population of the server. XLgames left many mines-traps in this patch and some of them is in the game now too. Family fishing blocked after 3 days, but it flooded FS with huge in game money and it gave advantage to multiaccount users. You can "cheat" in Kadum kills now with multiple accounts and in NA-EU regions too. YOu need lvl30 characters but you can get 35 gold/character/region/day. APEX is cheap. Multiple accounts, alt region characters and this easy money printing make it expensive.

This system is pure p2w, but its not unplayable yet. (except in Kadum kill times. Kadum quest gives 3-5 second/action lag for the whole server... for 20-40 minutes and 4 times/day). Player driven economy removed in the bigger part of the upgrades: you can buy regrade scrolls vs 30 gold without any limitations. Gear is limited in item level (magnificent and T2 dungeon weapons) but it has 0 limitation in regrade. And we lost control of regrades. Slow upgrades changed to this freak of MMO games now. Its not totally broken, but it would be better without this strategic resources injections from "external" sources. Oh, and Top1 player has 4.4k GS. SIngle account players without huge real money investments and users who didn't use this "cheese tactics" (easy 35 gold/account/day in kadum and 500-3500 golds in family fishing before it blocked by XLgame) have 2500-2900 GS maybe. We will get "reset" in the next stage, but who have this huge advantages now will get easy advantages in second phase too. Bigger damage = more income. Remove regrade quality level in normal crafted gear will not save this situation.

Try it and you will see what you want! There are many players and many opportunities yet.

Saber
04-19-2018, 11:08 AM
I do not agree with your statement about Family fishing having a huge impact on the economy. The amount of labor, the level required, availability of rods and the time it took them to remove it did solve it before it got worse. Extremely limited amount of gold that could have come out of it.

The Kadum kill I agree one, an incredibly strange way to implement a boss that just gives you free gold every day.

"pure p2w" is not a statement I agree on either. The economy is filled with apex, and tons of land to plant and gain gold. You can be self-sufficient with a patron on accounts within the first month. Meaning you pay once for patron and you should be all good unless you just feel like paying and not actually put some effort into a profession.
If you claim p2w as buying patron? then your just throwing the p2w word around. Anyone can get a patron, you don't even need a patron to level an alt to 30 and enter Mist marrow.

You seem to have a fairly narrow or limited view of the game, I'm referring to
ayer driven economy removed in the bigger part of the upgrades: you can buy regrade scrolls vs 30 gold without any limitations

Upgrade scrolls are not in the game because we don't have Auroria yet, aka no regrade braziers so no flow of Sun and moonpoints. Which is why Regrade scrolls where implemented in the cash shop as an event until Auroria releases after the first month, opening a whole new market to flood, and less of a gold sink since people buy from other people instead of dumping it out of the game.

And we lost control of regrades.
This is an even playing field for everyone, it was way worse before. Any person that plays this game normally can get unique/ celestial/divine now without putting a dime into the game. Dungeon gear can break at celestial to divine and higher. While crafted gear cant be destroyed only crystalize, and being the part that all illustrious now is bound and cant be resold also loses its value. Cannot reseal a crystalized item either. Also, all items regarded higher then arcane will be downgraded if they want to reseal it and upgrade it to either magnificent or epherium at a later stage. Putting them back and have to invest in new regrade scrolls.

Ingle account players without huge real money investments and users who didn't use this "cheese tactics" (easy 35 gold/account/day in kadum and 500-3500 golds in family fishing before it blocked by XLgame)

Please provide the source for your numbers. did you even try to do the math? In the future, please stop speculating and throwing around numbers, and just say some players made some gold in the beginning but it was stopped after 3 days. It was limited to based on labor, fishing equipment, and level requirement.

Just to give you some information on how family fishing worked. 1 lvl 30+ char throws in the line spending 100 labor, 2 ats joins in. after fish is caught, there will spawn 3 packs. One for each participant. Each pack requires 100 labor to be turned in and fish prices varied from 7-14g with a bonus (Kraken tentacle 100g)

Given Max labor growth with the patron for 24h is 2800labor, and in this instance, you have 2 alts. means you could do (if you don't spend your labor on anything, which is highly unlikely)
given you the ability to fish and deliver 7 rotation of fishes in the range of 7-14g. Using the average of 10,5g per fish would yield you 220,5g and you would have to wait for 24h until you could do this again. Taking into account the Family fishing was disabled on day 3. limits a person to 661,5g based on average sale price. A lot yes, but it could be devastating if they didn't stop it. And leveling up 1 character to lvl 30 takes roughly 10hours+- depending on how you level.

We will get "reset" in the next stage, but who have this huge advantages now will get easy advantages in the second phase too. Bigger damage = more income. Remove regrade quality level in normal crafted gear will not save this situation.

I can Agree on the fact that the biggest spenders have an advantage when we are talking about rushing castles when auoria opens. but
Bigger damage = more income? do you actually believe people get rich by grinding in this game? or would you care to elaborate?

Anyways back to Alkyd!

Super high population atm, some server issues when mistmarrow is running so 20-30 min lag once that runs, hopefully, it's fixed before people start quitting.
Seems to be a fairly large population on each side, but we will see it better once auroria releases in two weeks. Either side would be fine to join atm in my opinion.

Join in on the fun, your not to far behind. Prices has dropped on all basic items because of over saturation so getting things now will save you at least 80% compared to what we had the first week.

Im at least enjoying my self a whole lot :)