PDA

View Full Version : Is EZI dead?

Kajanda
05-15-2019, 02:47 AM
So hey there, I and 4 of my friends thought of returning to archeage adn I saw the "new" fresh start servers and thught why not (it was a hard choice to start there instead of using my old character).
But honestly it seems dead. The auction house is empty, there are people talking on the Nation chat though.
Do people just not use the Auction house?
We prefer to do Pve things, like trading and or sailing ou to sea on our own adventure, should we switch back to legacy?
Or is it ok if we stay because of what we do ?

DarkWolf
05-15-2019, 03:19 AM
Well the fresh start servers are mostly empty, because of the lack of people wanting to start over from scratch. If they make another FS server and merge them there should be some new blood to keep it going, but most of the players are on the Legacy servers, including me. :)
There were even more and more players returning on the legacy servers which now has boosted player numbers, but we'll see for how long.

Dexxy
05-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Ezi is a quiet server for sure. I returned 18 days ago and I'm enjoying it.

It depends what you want out of the game ultimately. Constant action in war zones? RvR all day long? Then that won't be Ezi. But, how long will it take you to reach a gear score to contribute to that on Legacy servers?

If you want things like dungeons, then you can find parties doing dungeon runs on Ezi. There's not many but people still do them. I'm sure there will be more doing them on legacy servers but again there will be GS considerations.

If you want to do something more adventurous like raise sunken ships or run packs into enemy lands then there is literally nothing stopping you doing that on Ezi.

The only negative you mention is the Auction House, which as you state isn't bursting with a lot of things so trading isn't a massive thing to do here. But that's has a lot to do with the fact that the vast majority of players go the Hiram gear route as its the most direct and I'm not sure how many people are actually crafting and if they do they probably do it for the items that they themselves need.

The reason I came to Ezi instead of the legacy server is that I can quietly do my own thing and obtain competitive gear in a relatively short time without constant hassle (you still get ganked by higher GS players). We miss some end game things like Erenor gear and Walesong etc. (and castles!) but these will be coming in an update soon I hope. Also, I'm pretty sure we'll get a merge at some point once the FS version of the game reaches the same as legacy. At that point, we should all be adequately geared to be competitive.

Kajanda1
05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Ezi is a quiet server for sure. I returned 18 days ago and I'm enjoying it.

It depends what you want out of the game ultimately. Constant action in war zones? RvR all day long? Then that won't be Ezi. But, how long will it take you to reach a gear score to contribute to that on Legacy servers?

If you want things like dungeons, then you can find parties doing dungeon runs on Ezi. There's not many but people still do them. I'm sure there will be more doing them on legacy servers but again there will be GS considerations.

If you want to do something more adventurous like raise sunken ships or run packs into enemy lands then there is literally nothing stopping you doing that on Ezi.

The only negative you mention is the Auction House, which as you state isn't bursting with a lot of things so trading isn't a massive thing to do here. But that's has a lot to do with the fact that the vast majority of players go the Hiram gear route as its the most direct and I'm not sure how many people are actually crafting and if they do they probably do it for the items that they themselves need.

The reason I came to Ezi instead of the legacy server is that I can quietly do my own thing and obtain competitive gear in a relatively short time without constant hassle (you still get ganked by higher GS players). We miss some end game things like Erenor gear and Walesong etc. (and castles!) but these will be coming in an update soon I hope. Also, I'm pretty sure we'll get a merge at some point once the FS version of the game reaches the same as legacy. At that point, we should all be adequately geared to be competitive.

Hey Thanks for the Reply.
Yeah more PVE player here, or what you called things that are a bit more Adventorous, I am not afraid about doing dungeons since the group I returned with are 4 people (so to do a dungeon we only need one person).
Yeah your reasoning for choosing ezi is the Exact same as mine.