PDA

View Full Version : FAQ ArcheAge: Unchained Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Carendash
08-19-2019, 09:36 AM
You've got more questions to add to the FAQ?

Have more questions? Let us know and we'll update the FAQs over the next couple of days/weeks.

Franciscothefab
08-19-2019, 10:44 AM
I like what I read. Very well done. I trust there will be a rule against having alt accounts.

asdasdasdasdasdasd
08-19-2019, 10:45 AM
if there is no sub how are they going to deal with land blocking?

Nielsaries
08-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Does this mean it's a new fresh start server with a perma different buisness plan ?
Anyway to transfer or old archeage player will loose all their legacy for switching their ?
Do we have any information about the marchet on this new server of not yet ?

Shyhalu
08-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Does this mean it's a new fresh start server with a perma different buisness plan ?
Anyway to transfer or old archeage player will loose all their legacy for switching their ?

It would be nice if you could at least transfer your vanity.. which they will be selling on the new server as well..

xCROv
08-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Will original founders costumes be able to be moved over? It's vanity items.

Pascallywag
08-19-2019, 10:49 AM
This is going to split the playerbase heavily. Eventually resulting in a shutdown of one ArcheAge Version due to lack of active players.

Meridian
08-19-2019, 10:51 AM
The original needs to be burned to the ground, anyway.

Ragnar90
Or someone need to ask... ALTS ! If there any plan to fight with ALTS !?

WoWFirstMMO
if there is no sub how are they going to deal with land blocking?

Do I still have to get Patron Subscription?

There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone.

Not sure what this means. I hope it's not instanced.

Harv3x
08-19-2019, 10:52 AM
So now its who can buy the game on the most alts to win?

Noxmnothere
What about Multiboxing.

Does Archeage Unchained will have the limitation of 1 account by client ? or it will be still ALT fiesta ?

Barronism1
Really need to tell us the cost, I won't be spending $60 on game that I've already spent hundreds in. Just to get access to the game model that it should of launched with.

Ghutonn
1- What is Archepass????

2- Housing for everyone? How is this possible?

3- B2P with only cosmetics cash shop? Really?????

idolen1
08-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Wow, i've been mad at trion for years.. Finally they are getting rid of the p2w garbage.. Hopefully the servers will be filled.

r3zs1ckn3ss
08-19-2019, 10:53 AM
So existing players who want to participate will have to leave their years of progress. Vanity items. Mounts. Vehicles. Gear. Costumes. Event items. Don't expect very many legacy players to join in. This is directed towards new players. And good luck with that because most past players aren't coming back and you're not a very big enough franchise to get enough people in the MMO world to acknowledge your existence. A lot of us were hoping to see what many have been waiting for. NEW RACES AND NEW ZONES. Well I hope this move is successful for you guys. Although I highly doubt it.

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 10:54 AM
3- B2P with only cosmetics cash shop? Really?????

You mad that your whale days are over?

Frostarch
You didn't expand on how you'll make labor and housing less restrictive?

Also, will you do something to combat multi accounting? Sub price is good, but hopefully you also disable follow command and possibly make it a bannable offence?

xDrac
If it's Buy-to-Play, will that be enough to keep out any and all "pay to win" elements from the unchained version as opposed to it maybe being subscription-based?
How does the Cash Shop change? Will there be a Cash Shop? And assuming there will be, will any changes be made to it?

Gonzeau
So excited to ditch everything I own and worked for, buy the game AGAIN then start over!!! ♥♥♥♥ yes!!!

/s

Silvernine
I used to play Archeage when it first came out but stopped because it became too P2W.

1) Will alternate characters be allowed? Alts historically have allowed other players to buy land plots and squat on them, reducing land for everyone else.

2) Will land ownership limitations be based on the account rather than the player?

3) Will I need to make a new account to play on AA Unchained?

4) If players pay only the purchase price in the beginning, how will AA pay for continuous updates, enhancements, and revisions?

5) Will players be able to have more than one account on the same server?

6) What do you mean that housing will be for everyone? Will housing be instanced?

7) Will the follow command be removed?

I have several friends that were considering coming back to AA but we do not want another situation where you have squaters buying multiple parcels of land with alts and other accounts just so they can sell them later. I also do not want to see bot armies running around.

Ara78
08-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Will Labor Points regen as fast when offline ?

lllllllll
Or someone need to ask... ALTS ! If there any plan to fight with ALTS !?

dont worry noone will run an alt army when you have to pay like 50+$ per account ez

WoWFirstMMO
How does the Cash Shop change? Will there be a Cash Shop? And assuming there will be, will any changes be made to it?

There will be no Apex

There will be a cash shop for cosmetics only.

Franciscothefab
08-19-2019, 10:56 AM
This is going to split the playerbase heavily. Eventually resulting in a shutdown of one ArcheAge Version due to lack of active players.

It will probably mean the death of the legacy servers eventually. But honestly, good. They are pretty much unplayable due to heavy p2w players and land hoarders. Unchained has a chance of bringing back a lot of players that have quit the game over the ages.

wolfsword10
What patch is this going to start on?

LordSurge
You do realize how bad of an idea this is right?

You are screwing over your older players and dividing your player-base which will eventually cause BOTH of your games to fail. Rather then FIX these issues in your main client, You would rather make a "Super Fresh start server" and ask for us to BUY THE GAME AGAIN.

All you are doing is pissing off you loyal players who have put so much time an effort into your game by refusing to fix it and coming up with a quick cashgrab solution which people will use and abuse with multiple alts and still become p2w buy having multiple accounts.

Very disappointed and I hope XL shuts it down.

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 10:57 AM
dont worry noone will run an alt army when you have to pay like 50+$ per account ez

Never underestimate 40+ year olds with a lot of disposable income. Many of them will easily spend thousands of bucks to get ahead. Trust me.

Metallee
What about the alts? Will they be banned or will each alt pay a server entry?

Harv3x
Never underestimate 40+ year olds with a lot of disposable income. Many of them will easily spend thousands of bucks to get ahead. Trust me.

You missed the /s

Jeff
08-19-2019, 10:58 AM
I already bought this game for nearly 200 dollars, do I at least get a discount when (re)buying the game?

Dinamit14
could not agree more WORST IDEA

Congrats Gamigo, you officially released the worse idea this game ever had. big disappointment, im sitting as we speak in a discord on EU servers with 87 players and we ALL thinks that you are shooting yourself in the legs

Franciscothefab

$50 is nothing. Think about the people that spend thousands on the game. They could have an alt army of 20+ easily. That would give them a huge advantage over everyone else. Only solution is to make alt accounts a bannable offense.

Misa
08-19-2019, 10:59 AM
could you atleast give access to old founder accounts, I paid like 150 euros or so for archeage once. Having to buy it again just to get the game as it's supposed to have been seems a bit unfair.

idolen1
08-19-2019, 11:00 AM
How are they supposed to fix any issues regarding us legacy players if they do not just literally delete everything we have gotten on legacy.

The only way to fix issues in this game like p2w etc etc is to complete start from the ground. U people cannot be this daft.

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 11:01 AM
$50 is nothing. Think about the people that spend thousands on the game. They could have an alt army of 20+ easily. That would give them a huge advantage over everyone else. Only solution is to make alt accounts a bannable offense.

Implement anti-cheat which wont allow multiple clients to open. Of course, there are clever exploiters out there who can and will get around this. But the fallback for that is to have players report alts and have them banned as you said. Not just the alts banned but the main banned as well.

Northwain
Lol at some of these people here... Imagine getting angry at the prospect of a non-P2W Archeage. Also, imagine paying $200 on a P2W/F2P game lol...

Colthoron
I'm struggling to grasp how this benefits the current player base.

If you've been playing for years, there is no way you are giving up everything you spent time (or money) on. I've only been playing 18 months, have a low GS and I'm not sure I want to start over. If I transition to Unchained, I am hoping the new game sustains itself and that Gamigo supports both for a period of time.

On the surface, it also doesn't seem to solve some of the major issues with the game. P2W was important, but what about alts? If someone gets multiple purchased copies, aren't we right back where we started? The labor system remains?

There are too many questions right now.

Obbi
So we waited 1 week, and hyped of a countdown! And what did we get. Ä brand NEW countdown for a release date and pricing.

Super DUPER!

gcttirth
1) Will there be SEA servers?
1.1) If not, will Ping-reducers be allowed?

2) How do you plan to prevent RWT? What about using multiple accounts to feed gold into main account?

DoubtDoubt
what happened to CM6 on discord

Obbi
08-19-2019, 11:02 AM
I'm struggling to grasp how this benefits the current player base.

If you've been playing for years, there is no way you are giving up everything you spent time (or money) on. I've only been playing 18 months, have a low GS and I'm not sure I want to start over. If I transition to Unchained, I am hoping the new game sustains itself and that Gamigo supports both for a period of time.

On the surface, it also doesn't seem to solve some of the major issues with the game. P2W was important, but what about alts? If someone gets multiple purchased copies, aren't we right back where we started? The labor system remains?

There are too many questions right now.

This "new" B2P server, will be good for new people or old players who quit and did not like the model.

Guys like you who used alot of money, will hate it

chwb
08-19-2019, 11:03 AM
bunch of crybabies whining that they won't be able to 1-shot noobs with their 16k gs anymore, boo hoo

atleast they're trying something new, this game is dead

RimX
08-19-2019, 11:03 AM
This is a REAL fresh start.

ranknvile
08-19-2019, 11:04 AM
I think that is the main concern. Questions, questions and more questions...

I cannot see them charging more than $30 (for it to be feasible for people who have played and want to go new school). As well, instanced housing sounds good to me...why does it need to be accessible to the world? Instead do invites like EQ2.

This sounds like a total Roleplay style system...and it could be a good move.

Dimi
08-19-2019, 11:04 AM
seriously at this point that old palyers are returning you decided to make a fresh start server?with no possibility of communication with old servers?who came up with this bright idea?
instead of supporting the existing game so that more people return you just throw all the progress away by dividing people once more.keep up the "good" job

r3zs1ckn3ss
08-19-2019, 11:05 AM
For those of you people who are talking about whales being angry. Not all of us are whales. I've played this game for many years to get what I have. And the only thing I've ever swiped for is Patron. So yeah. There's a lot of us who are decently geared and own a lot of ♥♥♥♥. But we grinded hard for it. And we wanted a new system like this. But now all are years of blood sweat and tears is being ♥♥♥♥ on.

Animetits
08-19-2019, 11:06 AM
For those of you people who are talking about whales being angry. Not all of us are whales. I've played this game for many years to get what I have. And the only thing I've ever swiped for is Patron. So yeah. There's a lot of us who are decently geared and own a lot of ♥♥♥♥. But we grinded hard for it. And we wanted a new system like this. But now all are years of blood sweat and tears is being ♥♥♥♥ on.

wtf is that font color,,,,,,

LolyPoly
Pppl, who play on the old AA server with old payment system not go to the new AA, they spend alot of money and time for the characters and houses and dont wanna lose them and start from begin.

For new ppl the new AA is great but the old AA will die soon, if new ppl dont join aswell the old Game. Whats then? hmmm

MrKrowley
The announcement does not address:
Crafting. No one needs to craft gear.
RNG. This is the worst part of AA. Everyone hates the killer RNG.
Alts. What is stopping gold sellers and multiboxers?
Land. How does this fix housing?

youtube Jasonwivart
Will original Archeage founders get any of the perks they paid for with founders packs in the new server?

How will items that use to be sold exclusively on the cash shop like land transfer tickets/hauler upgrades etc be obtained in game now? If they are still cash shop items and tradable for gold the game is still P2W, anything that can be bought for cash and then sold for gold makes the game p2w.

This server will launch with 6.0 update this fall?

Explain the battle pass in depth since it looks and feels like a "sub".

Why didn't you just make a new server Free but require a sub to play this is what most really wanted and asked for over the years. A sub only server with out cash shop.

Offline labor regin better be the same as online labor regin.

LolyPoly
Pppl, who play on the old AA server with old payment system not go to the new AA, they spend alot of money and time for the characters and houses and dont wanna lose them and start from begin.

For new ppl the new AA is great but the old AA will die soon, if new ppl dont join aswell the old Game. Whats then? hmmm

Colthoron
This "new" B2P server, will be good for new people or old players who quit and did not like the model.

Guys like you who used alot of money, will hate it

But other than patron, I've never used any money. Just my time. And that's enough for me to pass on this.

B2P isn't going to solve your issues, either. Without more significant changes, you're back to P2W before you know it. I can imagine the alt armies with a only single subscription to hurdle.

Durah
bunch of crybabies whining that they won't be able to 1-shot noobs with their 16k gs anymore, boo hoo

atleast they're trying something new, this game is dead

Classic troll post. This agme is alive despite our numbers reduce in time. And then comes a worst idea. Split the ppl across the versions.
U guys aren't even wrong.

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 11:07 AM
wtf is that font color,,,,,,

It''s a font color only available in the cash shop.

MrKrowley
08-19-2019, 11:08 AM

I'm glad this game is finally killing the pay2win, but there's still a long ways to go.

Northwain
08-19-2019, 11:09 AM
For those of you people who are talking about whales being angry. Not all of us are whales. I've played this game for many years to get what I have. And the only thing I've ever swiped for is Patron. So yeah. There's a lot of us who are decently geared and own a lot of ♥♥♥♥. But we grinded hard for it. And we wanted a new system like this. But now all are years of blood sweat and tears is being ♥♥♥♥ on.Blood, sweat and tears... lolwhat? If it was that painstakingly unenjoyable... then why the hell did you keep playing? Madness...

Setrict
08-19-2019, 11:09 AM
This does not kill p2w, it makes it worse. You really, really, really need to address the ALT issue or this is going to turn into a p2w mess even more than legacy. It's a great concept for single accounts, but people will be buying many alt accounts for themselves or for RMT gold selling. Alts aren't going to buy cash shop cosmetics either, so outside of the initial cash inflow initially from account sales, benefits to Gamingo are going to be short lived as the alts slowly kill the intended fairplay aspects of the server and casuals (who will buy cosmetics) leave.

Elaine
08-19-2019, 11:10 AM
My biggest concern - If housing is available for everyone, it is a one time purchase, then what is stopping someone with a big wallet from owning 100 alts and locking down all the land in the game permanently?

I do hope there is measures for this, such as not allowing alts, or actively destroying land owned by alts.

Shay16
please remove the multi boxing
ALT is a big problem for the game

Obbi
What verison of the game start? Same at F2P? SO they use the same game, just annother model side by sidE?

Shaze
08-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Are the cosmetics purchased from the cash shop going to be BOUND? If not, players will simply sell those for gold

Noxmnothere
08-19-2019, 11:12 AM

I'm glad this game is finally killing the pay2win, but there's still a long ways to go.

since hiram you can upgrade your gear without rng

r3zs1ckn3ss
Blood, sweat and tears... lolwhat? If it was that painstakingly unenjoyable... then why the hell did you keep playing? Madness...

Figure of speech in regards to years of actually putting time and effort into the game. Like most of us did who didn't actually swipe for our stuff.

chwb
Classic troll post. This agme is alive despite our numbers reduce in time. And then comes a worst idea. Split the ppl across the versions.
U guys aren't even wrong.

lmfao its only "alive" because of alts, if u cut down the alts you could barely fill a raid in some servers

just face it, your days of smacking down farmers with eternal gear are over

bizoiador
Are you going to implement a way to prevent alt abuse? Like only allow 1 account per PC or make everything bound to the character?

Nygau
08-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Awesome move.. im in..
But it would really nice if we can hear something about the alt problems in the near future.. there is always ppl trying to cheat and exploit.. its in their blood..

Congratz on this move towards a better version of Archeage..

RimX
08-19-2019, 11:14 AM
we just need to wait how will gamigo stop RMT. nonetheless, B2P games are always avoided by gold sellers.

quyssa11
08-19-2019, 11:15 AM
So in annoucement there was no info about ALTS! Does this mean that multiboxing will still be allowed? I think you should really give us an answer about this..don't thing that you guys forgot about the biggest problem of AA has..

Firenation
Please make some pre-cautions to prevent the multi accounting.

Please make the "Buy to Play" model's payment fee as $150 minimum to prevent huge amount of multi account users whom are ruined the current AA for 5 years.

Ayskub
Are alts going to be completely removed?

Did I get it right cash shop will only include cosmetic items? nothing else only costumes, no stat boosting gliders etc?

What would be the prices of season passes?

Kiokko
As a returning player i´m very happy of this P2P new Archeage. It´s what i was hopping they release. But i agree with ALTs problem, they´d ban them. Please don´t allow multiaccounts, that´d be great. My friends and i sure´ll be back. I only hope it´d be released soon.

Ryuna
08-19-2019, 11:16 AM
The original needs to be burned to the ground, anyway.

I'm with you on that.

r3zs1ckn3ss
08-19-2019, 11:17 AM
As far as people talking about players not being able to just go around one-shotting people now......seriously. With current gear system it's easy to reach high gs. And there will be people like legacy players who know the system well and how to make gold quickly. So if you're really complaining about this, you're still going to get one-shot anyways. Don't blame others for your own inability to progress quickly enough.

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm fine with a fresh start IF they can truly eliminate alts. Maybe it wont be perfect, but if they can at least drastically reduce them (and make it known it's a bannable offense) then perhaps the game will be playable.

Firenation
08-19-2019, 11:19 AM
As far as people talking about players not being able to just go around one-shotting people now......seriously. With current gear system it's easy to reach high gs. And there will be people like legacy players who know the system well and how to make gold quickly. So if you're really complaining about this, you're still going to get one-shot anyways. Don't blame others for your own inability to progress quickly enough.

how to make gold quickly with new system with new model now?

RimX
08-19-2019, 11:19 AM
BTW are they changing the trade run mechanics?

chwb
08-19-2019, 11:20 AM

if its so easy why are you all crying that you lost your progress?

just make your gear again on the new server, isnt it easy?

Serrarayne
08-19-2019, 11:20 AM
If it wasnt for the hundreds of dollars I've already spent on costumes and a freaking beanstalk house, this would be ok. Since I've been playing off n on for almost 6 years, HARD PASS for me. Put way too much time and tears (yes tears, Ima girl, we gets emotional) into Serra AND our guild. I really, really hope this doesnt take away all of our new guildies. I've grown attached to my cubs. :'(

Raapnaap
08-19-2019, 11:21 AM
Hey,

Can someone tell me how this will differ from the Trion fresh start servers? Trion promised those would be less P2W and we all saw how that ended up.

I'm one of those players who loved the AA alpha but got scared off by the P2W trash (after buying the biggest founder package and after spending an extra 300 euro's like a good little whale). I also tried one of the fresh start servers and pretty much repeated the same mistake of trusting Trion.

So can someone give me some confidence here? How do we know Trion/Gamigo isn't just going to perform another bait-and-switch? I might play this version (with some friends) if I get a bit more confidence that this is not just another borderline-scam? Essentially I'd like to believe in a non-P2W, 100% equal playing field ArcheAge, but I don't feel like Gamigo is putting in a lot of effort here, as a lot of questions remain unanswered as other commentators already highlighted (such as Alt2Win, we all remember the alt /follow trains...).

Convince me of your good intentions, Gamigo!

Zielra
Will the cash shop vanity items be bound and cosmetic only or will they include mounts and gliders etc?

someonenamedozan
1- What items will be on CashShop? Will there be p2w boxes that were coming every weeks?
2- Even with the lowest settings in game, we were getting fps drops in game when in mass battles (playing Guild Wars, Elder Scroll Online and such games at Ultra settings no problems). Have you made any progress about it for new game?
3- Original AA; %80 of players are using macros and no punish for it. Also will there be any precaution for it?

WoWFirstMMO
08-19-2019, 11:22 AM
So in annoucement there was no info about ALTS! Does this mean that multiboxing will still be allowed? I think you should really give us an answer about this..don't thing that you guys forgot about the biggest problem of AA has..

Companies are between a rock and a hard place with the alt issue. On one hand, alt accounts spend money too, and these game companies want to make as much profit as they can. That was the whole idea behind the RNG loot box craze around 2010ish. Companies did this to take advantage of the gambling gene a lot of people have. (Now some governments are cracking down on it).

On the other hand, too many alts run off regular players. It's all going to come down to a cost/benefit analysis. If the amount of money lost by regular players leaving > the amount of money they make off whales with alt armies, then you'll see them work hard to eliminate alts. Otherwise they won't.

Gonzeau
08-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Hey,

Can someone tell me how this will differ from the Trion fresh start servers? Trion promised those would be less P2W and we all saw how that ended up.

I'm one of those players who loved the AA alpha but got scared off by the P2W trash (after buying the biggest founder package and after spending an extra 300 euro's like a good little whale). I also tried one of the fresh start servers and pretty much repeated the same mistake of trusting Trion.

So can someone give me some confidence here? How do we know Trion/Gamigo isn't just going to perform another bait-and-switch? I might play this version (with some friends) if I get a bit more confidence that this is not just another borderline-scam? Essentially I'd like to believe in a non-P2W, 100% equal playing field ArcheAge, but I don't feel like Gamigo is putting in a lot of effort here, as a lot of questions remain unanswered as other commentators already highlighted (such as Alt2Win, we all remember the alt /follow trains...).

Convince me of your good intentions, Gamigo!

Spoiler : It won't.

NightOfTempest
08-19-2019, 11:23 AM
My gaming group all already spent $150 on the Alpha Access version upfront, literally the most expensive game we've ever bought (up front cost). None of us are going to come back if we need to re buy the same game. We thought this new server would be sub based with no p2w cash shop, the labor point system scrapped, alts addressed, land issues addressed.
B2p will mean a ton of alts again. Also we all have credits still on the store from when we quit after the shameful launch of the game......those credits will now be useless to try to get access to the game.

In essence this is just a money grab again. They are going to grab as much cash as they can then not address the already existing issues.

Sincerely from the old Purgatory Alpha Guild......Archeage is dead to us. :(

Narzickkkkk
Will gear be made bind on equip in order to reduce the amount of buy to play, by making each upgrade cost more for the potential gold buyer?

Will there be strict monitoring on gold sellers and multiboxers? and if so how do you plan to do so?

Will the emphasis on crafting be restored to the game now that gear is just a grindfest instead of a craftfest?

Will trade runs be revamped?

What are the housing changes, and hopefully they arent instanced because that will ruin the entire feeling of the game.

NethKhadar
So
1: why should we trust you after the all false advertising and bait and switch?
2: what guarantees do we have that you will not do what was done at release?
3: a CM just stated that multi-boxing will be banned but you can have multiple accounts? how will you combat people using VPNs/ hoarding land?
4: you state there is no subscription but there is "seasonal passes" and cosmetics in the cash shop. what will be in these seasonal passes and how can you reassure us that no p2w will creep into them?
5: Will you be removing Hiram gear in the new server as it makes crafting pointless?
6: will you be removing trading to combat gold sellers?

r3zs1ckn3ss
08-19-2019, 11:26 AM
if its so easy why are you all crying that you lost your progress?

just make your gear again on the new server, isnt it easy?

First off kiddo. You need to break your little habit of calling people who don't agree with something "crying". Yeah I could make gold fast but that doesn't account for items attained via loyalty and events. In which some items may never even come back. Whether I can grind fast, there's still tons of things attained and accomplished in the game that still required years of playing. And when people put time into something, they are ALLOWED to express concern. If YOU don't like people posting their opinions and disdain then why are YOU in the forums? This is a place for information and player input.

LolyPoly
08-19-2019, 11:27 AM
Thats what im thinking asell, the old version of AA dont get new ppl, because they will go to the new AA unchained. Our AA version will die slowly :(

Gonzeau
08-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Thats what im thinking asell, the old version of AA dont get new ppl, because they will go to the new AA unchained. Our AA version will die slowly :(

And you think people will ♥♥♥♥ing rush to play acheage again?? This will get a couple thousands people for a couple months at best lol.

Suvo
Any chance of getting an oceanic server?

WoWFirstMMO
As far as people talking about players not being able to just go around one-shotting people now......seriously. With current gear system it's easy to reach high gs.

Not without alts it's not. 500 labor to socket ONE gem. 20 labor to open one infusion. 120 labor each time you use an infusion. 500 gold to socket gem #7 into your gear, etc.. It costs a LOT to level up hiram gear in both gold and labor. It's IMPOSSIBLE to "keep up with the Jones's" unless you are either 1) buying loads of Apex or 2) running alt armies for the labor and extra gold.

chwb
08-19-2019, 11:29 AM
First off kiddo. You need to break your little habit of calling people who don't agree with something "crying". Yeah I could make gold fast but that doesn't account for items attained via loyalty and events. In which some items may never even come back. Whether I can grind fast, there's still tons of things attained and accomplished in the game that still required years of playing. And when people put time into something, they are ALLOWED to express concern. If YOU don't like people posting their opinions and disdain then why are YOU in the forums? This is a place for information and player input.

So "its easy to grind", but you can't obtain certain items anymore

Its called having an unfair advantage, its why the game is dead, good luck playing without it

ignitar
08-19-2019, 11:30 AM
We have some questions.

-What anti cheat will you use?
-How will you counter god buying/selling? Remove the gold or ban accts? Detection needs to be strong
-Hiram is going to be the norm. How will you make crafting a viable option?
-What is on the cash shop?
-Will the horrible cargo system be changed?

Psalm
08-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Oh man, it looks like they're taking packs out of the game

YalTheCat
08-19-2019, 11:37 AM
Not without alts it's not. 500 labor to socket ONE gem. 20 labor to open one infusion. 120 labor each time you use an infusion. 500 gold to socket gem #7 into your gear, etc.. It costs a LOT to level up hiram gear in both gold and labor. It's IMPOSSIBLE to "keep up with the Jones's" unless you are either 1) buying loads of Apex or 2) running alt armies for the labor and extra gold.

I expect you will be able to buy Labour with credits (cash)

As Gamego will monetise this somehow I would expect something like Pay to PvP (Instances) Pay to Raid (Instances) possibly even Pay for each update (think of them as DLC) - Once you go this way I would fully expect you, the players, to end up paying out more on average than the current model.

And to say the current model is unfixable is ridiculous. Anything can be fixed, it just depends on how far you are willing to go.

For example they could start by removing all Infusion and Scroll like items from the cash shop and have the new gear BoP, and perhaps even have it gain XP as you gain XP...

YalTheCat
08-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Oo, and instead of buying hereafter stones for gold or making, they could make you pay a credit for each one...

rewtew
08-19-2019, 11:47 AM
1 How are you gonna combat the usage of alts?
2 Is there going to be a rule similar to this one: "Permanent ban for players using more than 1 account"?
3 Are we going to get a single Archeage client at a time?
4 Are you going to implement something like mandatory mobile authentication for each account?
5 How are you going to guarantee there will be 0 pay to win in this new game? We have heard many lies during the life time of Archeage, will this be another one?

Poga
08-19-2019, 11:49 AM
Lol at some of these people here... Imagine getting angry at the prospect of a non-P2W Archeage. Also, imagine paying $200 on a P2W/F2P game lol...

non p2w archeage that requires you to buy the game? if they make it at AAA pricing im gonna laugh so hard. seasonpasses? really? and most importantly ive put 2k hours in my char, everything that came was without alts and p2w do you really think i wanna reroll?

Athdara
08-19-2019, 11:50 AM
I suppose the Announcement is Hype for some and Not So Hype for others.
TBH for myself it has the general feeling of..
"Can't Fix the Old So Lets Re-launch the game and move the player base over to the new. Surely everyone will be on board with it."
Or
"How do we not call it a fresh start but it's obviously a fresh start with no intention of merging into the old legacy server. Lets just split the game & player base!"

I feel this will eventually create the demise of the old legacy servers to shut down and they can force everyone to move to the new ones. After all its better and improved? Why wouldn't they want to go? We 'Fixed' Everything. ((Gamigo now owns the game so all the profits of the original start packs and in the shop over the past who knows how long till they bought it wasn't theirs. Now it's their turn to Cash in on a "New" Archeage Re-launch they can call their own piece of work.)) - Just an opinion and I could be wrong on this and apologies if I am.
I know people are using this to say to get rid of the whales. Honestly. I've been here since Beta. I've worked for my gear and created great memories with people in this game. I've helped people level and gear in this game multiple times throughout the life of this game even the newly incorporated Hiram is easy to farm with a great community. I've seen old players come back to AA and I've met new players who have come to AA with the Hiram update. This is an Amazing game. Don't split the community.

A few more thoughts for the New Re-Launch of Archeage
-I don't see Alts being addressed yet.
-Servers? How many? Are we going to be thrown into mergers with the new game not long after release?
-I'm suspicious of the ArchePasses? What are they?
-Re-Launch of the game, are we starting from point Zero and working our way back up to hiram? Or Hiram off the bat?
-Gear: Can I switch gear between characters VIA Warehouse?
-5k Capped Labor? The potatoes will cry. Unchained lets go with no labor cap? The Gemming system kills me already. Rip Labor.
(I can't do it all like you want if I don't have the labor to be Everything I Can Be." Higher labor boost for All!
-Housing will just be taken up by multiple accounts. Yes it's available to all but first come first swipe. Ez Game.
-Gold Sellers?
- Cash Shop. Will it stay only Vanity items? Can we get a guaranteed promise.
- Will there be no specialty items in game?(Such as specialty gliders) If there will be, then will they always be available for purchase even after years of this new server opening for new players?

- Athdara

Gealdor
08-19-2019, 11:50 AM
You guys plan to doing same thing the first day of game release ? You sold People with this game for no labor limit, no land limit etc. then change it. Are you plan to get money from peoples pocket then doing same thing again? How you guys plan to manage to game servers? You will sell game to people after that when you open every new map part or content people need to pay?(LOTRO is good example for that.) Why just stop multi accounting or multi box in current servers, make current player base more healthy? If you guys make your price more then 100 € how many people plan to buy and play this game? Too many question XL and Gamigo... And i know one thing, you guys answer none of these questions.

Good Luck And Have Fun Guys.

Ollolol
08-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Is the content going to be released all at once at launch or will some content be gated?

For example, could players do the blue salt dailies to get Ayanad gear?

vesavius
08-19-2019, 11:54 AM
I am confused why you couldn't just give us a hard release date now, at the announcement, without all this "in the upcoming weeks".

If it's just an effort to build up hype, well.. I would guess that dragging it out causes more bad feeling than positive hype. I mean, if it's that you honestly just don't know at this point, well... That's actually a bit worrying in what it says about what's going on over there.

But that aside, my official questions not covered by the pretty unsatisfying FAQ are;

Prices? How much? Clarify please.
Pass? What will this actually give? Clarify please.
Land ownership solutions? What do you have in mind?
Lootboxes? Will you be using them?

Honestly, it feels like you have just announced this with little hard information... Can we get someone in here to solidify what this all actually means? Thanks.

MrJadeOfStars
08-19-2019, 11:56 AM
So will there be rng lootboxes in the cash shop?
Will cash shop items be sellable in game?
What about those best gliders in the game being in the cash shop?

If there is a absolute No to all of the above I might think about coming back.

Not to mention that when the game first came out it was a fun sand-park/theme-park game. Then was slowly watered down with each update, now its just log in, do events/arena's, log out.

Xilix
08-19-2019, 11:56 AM
If I understand well, will there be a "one character per account" system and will we have to create a brand new account for that?
No apexes, so no alt army raised by apexes farmed on European and American servers?
Will the special farms from cash shop that don't cumulate the taxes with the other houses be removed to try to prevent too much land seizure? Will you eventually remove all housing at start of the server?
If you create an EU server and a NA server will labor be independant on both?
If you remove the special gliders, mounts, etc from the shops will there be recipes in game to improve existing gliders?

saijin
08-19-2019, 11:59 AM
non p2w archeage that requires you to buy the game? if they make it at AAA pricing im gonna laugh so hard. seasonpasses? really? and most importantly ive put 2k hours in my char, everything that came was without alts and p2w do you really think i wanna reroll?

thing is...............................................n o one cares lol

C00lit
08-19-2019, 12:12 PM
Firstly, it’s great to see there is something being done with AA as it’s a unique game and as a possible returning player who stopped supporting AA when the Thunderstruck trees were indirectly put in the store, I have a few questions.

STORE
1. Will the store contain any items that can be used with crafting and weapon enhancement or will these items only be available (as they should) through gameplay?
2. Will the store contain any indirect power items such as but not limited to XP potions or buffs?
3. Will the store be the only source of inventory space?
4. More directly, will the store be 100% cosmetic only items, no buffs or shortcuts to getting items?
5. Will there be apex? (Edit: per the updated FAQ it wont be there, GREAT!)
6. Are store items bind on account/character?

SEASON PASS
1. What is the cost of the pass?
2. What is the duration of a pass?
3. Will all items be purely cosmetic?
4. Will the pass contain mounts and if so are they normalized with in-game mounts (speed, abilities etc..)?
5. Are items bind on account/character?

CONCERNS
1. P2W items gradually working their way back into the cash shop is my number one concern.
2. Bots and multiple client’s users will destroy the game and its economy early on.
3. Lack of a long-term plan or roadmap and direction.
4. Lootboxes.

Ideally, I was hoping for a sub only server with no cash shop so I’m a little disappointed you didn’t go this route however depending on what is in the cash shop and a guarantee there will be no paid lootboxes I’ll probably be prepared to give the game another go.

IF THERE ARE ANY P2W ITEMS IN THE STORE THOUGH IM DONE.

Debauchery Tea Party
08-19-2019, 12:25 PM
which you could argue is no different than what usally happens in a fresh start.

Debauchery Tea Party
08-19-2019, 12:27 PM
So existing players who want to participate will have to leave their years of progress. Vanity items. Mounts. Vehicles. Gear. Costumes. Event items. Don't expect very many legacy players to join in. This is directed towards new players. And good luck with that because most past players aren't coming back and you're not a very big enough franchise to get enough people in the MMO world to acknowledge your existence. A lot of us were hoping to see what many have been waiting for. NEW RACES AND NEW ZONES. Well I hope this move is successful for you guys. Although I highly doubt it.

You forget its gamigo not trion anymore.

Frostarch
08-19-2019, 12:29 PM
I'd be fine with p2w items as long as they're restricted to season passes and the max you could pay for them is 15 eur monthly. Basically same as a sub.

Anything else and my trust was broken.

saijin
08-19-2019, 12:40 PM
legacy is dead upon unchained release, server populations will decline rapidly and continue too with no sign of returning with new players and returning going to the better game model, only ones left will be f2p and people who have spent ridiculous amounts of rl cash.
R.I.P

blycee
08-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Will the items that remain in the Cash Shop be tradable?

Will it be possible to create cross region chars? (have a char on NA and also on EU with same account)

Empyreus
08-19-2019, 12:45 PM
legacy is dead upon unchained release, server populations will decline rapidly and continue too with no sign of returning with new players and returning going to the better game model, only ones left will be f2p and people who have spent ridiculous amounts of rl cash.
R.I.P

I dont know, the last fresh starts didnt kill legacy and i dont see this doing the same.

Fact of the matter is there's a lot of players that may switch and a lot that wont. I mean not a whole lot of long term players are gung ho about starting over and having to PAY to do so.

it'll probably turn out like the last few fresh start servers, some will go, some will come back and so on.

afterall, Nothing is really changing int he game except the business model, so the same issues that caused people to quit in the first place will still be present.

Andi40
08-19-2019, 12:47 PM
When we ll get eternal grade for hiram gear on legacy?
We will or we won t this year?

I think this will have a great impact on people staying on legacy or leaving for new server.

Thank u

Wildshot
08-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Will credit bought items give players an advantage and/or are they tradable items? Also, will you finally combat gold sellers in some way?

Guizmo
08-19-2019, 01:07 PM
1. Are you going to put the old events back to get the decorations item?
2. Will you restrict the purchase of a single account by credit card/real person?
3. Are you going to restrain multi-account usage at the same time per PC?
4. Are you going to restrain multi-account usage at the same time per IP adress?
5. Will you limit the maximum number of land per account?
6. Are you going to put the NA/EU cross servers? (like legacy for have apex but without apex in B2P server)
7. How many servers will there be for each region?
8. How will HV work, cross servers NA/EU ?
9. Are we going to have another server merge in legacy old server if everyone goes to the new server?
10. How to motivate old players (Founder players) to keep playing in old server VS new server ?
11. Can we buy unlimited credits and use in cash shop ?
12. Will all items in the cash shop be bind players ?

saijin
08-19-2019, 01:17 PM
I dont know, the last fresh starts didnt kill legacy and i dont see this doing the same.

Fact of the matter is there's a lot of players that may switch and a lot that wont. I mean not a whole lot of long term players are gung ho about starting over and having to PAY to do so.

it'll probably turn out like the last few fresh start servers, some will go, some will come back and so on.

afterall, Nothing is really changing int he game except the business model, so the same issues that caused people to quit in the first place will still be present.

Most all of the issues wont be present nosub, no p2w element, equal gearing, the only thing that concerns me is the alt factor its already been stated multiboxing wont be allowed.

goldu
08-19-2019, 01:25 PM
Simply this is new game. Not a fresh start server. Don't complaint about current archeage. Be thankful for not wipe everything

Harveaux
08-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Are you sure that you don't want to limit ArcheAge Unchained to One Account per Player?

We know that you can login with only one Account at the time, but if people buy multiple Accounts they still get 5k Labor every 2 days "for free" for every Account that they bought... So they can get anyway more Gold (Or resource) than someone that only bought 1... Does not that convert in pretty much the same P2W? You buy more Accounts, you get more Golds in return in less time.

Not allowing Multi-Box and Botting is for sure a good news, and you did a great job on announcing that... But this does not resolve the huge problem mentioned above.

And even for the Housing, since there is no Patron, people that buy multiple Account can simply take a lot of Plots and never lose them, making getting a Spot even harder than the current Servers.

Only asking since you gave us a great news, and would be a shame to ruin everything for something like that...

Meridian
08-19-2019, 01:30 PM
How are you planning to deal with all of the hacks and exploits that plagued the original? Are the rules going to be enforced and bans handed out, or will it be like it was 5 years ago?

Enyo
08-19-2019, 01:32 PM
1. So, will Founders have to "Buy" the game again? Will we get a voucher or a discount of some sort?

2. Will there be Alts?
I have seen a few state that multi-boxing will be bannable. If that's the case, can we get this on Legacy as well?

3. How will you keep people from locking down land, just logging in to pay taxes then leaving?
If this isn't addressed, it'll be even worse than the legacy land dilemma. At least Legacy people can run out of Patron time and lose land from unpaid taxes.

4. Changes to crafted gear?
Hiram is a grind only ordeal, and the game sold me (and many others) on the depth of crafting this game had to offer. Crafting needs an alternate route to match Hiram.

5. Trade changes?
The old system had good risk vs reward on dangerous runs, and more piracy from oversea runs. Now pirates can just exploit spy cameras at trade outlets instead of actively searching for people sneaking overseas, and carebears just run short routes that pay as good or better than risky runs.

Frostarch
08-19-2019, 01:36 PM
With cash shop no longer being p2w, will those cash shop items now drop from mobs/bosses/dungeons etc? Like regrade charms, inventory expansion scrolls etc?

Seems like a prime opportunity to spice up the loot.

Kateri
08-19-2019, 01:44 PM
the only thing that concerns me is the alt factor its already been stated multiboxing wont be allowed.

Nowhere have I seen it stated that multiboxing will not be allowed.

C00lit
08-19-2019, 01:44 PM
How are you planning to deal with all of the hacks and exploits that plagued the original? Are the rules going to be enforced and bans handed out, or will it be like it was 5 years ago?

As a returning player I wondered about this too as it was a major issue back then and the response was poor with very little consequences when caught.

With cash shop no longer being p2w, will those cash shop items now drop from mobs/bosses/dungeons etc? Like regrade charms, inventory expansion scrolls etc?

Seems like a prime opportunity to spice up the loot.

I hope this is what happens and it would be a great way for gamigo to show its future intentions.

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 01:45 PM
First People Have to stop stating that this is a new Fresh Start Server it is not. It is a New Game launch with new servers on it. With that being said original Founders from the original game should not expect any vouchers or discounts or compensation, it is a new game. I do hope that they find a way to restrict clients to one account per pc/IP with no alts allowed, how they do this is a matter of contention. Account restrictions on land grab that they have used before would work in this case in my opinion. The no P2W on this new game will be awesome, and as a veteran of this game, I am looking forward to the change.

Enyo
08-19-2019, 01:48 PM
... It is a New Game launch with new servers on it...

The only thing changed is the cash shop. Hardly a "New" game...

Keybo
08-19-2019, 01:53 PM
Unless you allow 1 account per single IP (but people will find out to use multiple IPs for multiple accounts), you will not get success on this.
When there was legacy started, (after Alpha)me and my 4 other buddies started with 15 accounts(each accounts were 150 bucks)
and we owned entire south falcorth lands of ollo, after a day of start.

You will see this again.

Not from us,, but from everyone

Frikiman77
08-19-2019, 01:55 PM
What happens to those who spend more than 150in the founder's packs? At least we should receive a free copy since it was thanks to us that the game got to where it is

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 01:57 PM
The only thing changed is the cash shop. Hardly a "New" game...

Have you even read the FAQ there is a heck of a lot of changes, In the land, the cash shop, the skillsets, plus according to the info so far they will have some content restricted at the beginning. They have a lot of questions that need answering but for they What have given us, I am willing to listen and wait for those answers.

Enyo
08-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Have you even read the FAQ...

"Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!"
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?353313-FAQ-ArcheAge-Unchained

Meridian
08-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Will there be an actual Test server? Not one that is open for two days to preview a bunch of new garbage for the cash shop, but one that is open so that new patches/content can be tested for a few weeks prior to going live?

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 02:08 PM
@Enyo and do you still say after reading that FAQ that this will be "Hardly a new game" There are enough differences between old and new for it to be called a new game in its own right. But like they say "This is only my opinion" you are free to use yours any way you want.

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 02:10 PM
Will there be an actual Test server? Not one that is open for two days to preview a bunch of new garbage for the cash shop, but one that is open so that new patches/content can be tested for a few weeks prior to going live?

That is a very good question and one that I would want to be answered as well.

Firenation
08-19-2019, 02:19 PM

without mega multi accounting, please teach us how to make gold easily in this fresh server please via buy to play model Archeage? ty.

To make gold without multi accounting and apex with limited labor system is not easy in a fresh server like this with new business model.

I hope that buy to play model's minimum price should be $150 dolar to prevent these useless mega alt account users.

Enyo
08-19-2019, 02:22 PM
@Enyo and do you still say after reading that FAQ that this will be "Hardly a new game"...

Since it's just the business model, and not actual content, Yes. Same gear, same dungeons, same bosses, same caps, same everything except the subscription and cash shop. I suppose it's just down to semantics. :)

Keybo
08-19-2019, 02:27 PM
Let us have Hasla gear again. no more then hasla, maybe auroria gears or eph. gears fine.
after delph. we start called out AA is p2w game

Enyo
08-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Let us have Hasla gear again. no more then hasla, maybe auroria gears or eph. gears fine.
after delph. we start called out AA is p2w game

^ This. And cap it at Celestial or Divine. Regrading was not in Alpha, and was dropped on us at launch (1.2). We had no idea that RNGesus would forake us so much. I really started to notice the gear gap get bad at 2.9, when people started aquiring the new Ayanad sets.

DSHEP
08-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Everyone is looking for a solution to deter multi-accounting and RMT. If you can’t convincingly share your plan to police those I’m afraid you won’t convince many to play Unchained.

Zittt
08-19-2019, 02:40 PM
Even if multibox won’t be possible players will still be able to have multiple accounts and it still implies a huge advantage over someone that only bought one account, so a person can craft packs with one account and use another to turn them in, empty a labor pool then go to the next one and mail the gold/items

So, what measures will be taken to limit this?

One option that might be a little controversial is do what bdo did, completely dissable options to transfer gold and important items between players or changes in the labor system and in all money making methods

Lady Arisha
08-19-2019, 02:40 PM
Um. Does this benifit the Legacy players in ANY SHAPE OR FORM?
What I understand here is that the Legacy will no longer receive any new actual players becouse b2p without p2w is better than f2p with p2w.
Why didnt you adjust the legacy along with it? Keep it f2p, add ArchePass and then swap the shop with vanity-only cash shop with all of them being tradable?

Why the heck cant you just remove alts/patron from the f2p servers aswell? Or more like, just make it so that you only have to pay for patron once in Legacy becouse there is no possible way to play this game without Patron to begin with??

Do SOMETHING for the Legacy, ANYTHING!

Firenation
08-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Archeage Unchained will have the 64 bit version of Archeage with 6.0 patch, right? thank you.

Keybo
08-19-2019, 03:09 PM
KR server can be control to have only single account, because they are using social insurance number, phone numbers to order to make an account. Since NA/EU cant do such thing, but least make really complicate to make an account. like text message verification per just an account, or something else..
I know its really complicate to do so..

therefore, you cant stop people with alts. Never will.

however,,, to be honest,, without alts,,,, really game economy wont work healthy..

Somehow Gamigo blocked all the alts in NA and EU,

all the materials for craftings, or cooking, making portions, or whatever stuff...whos going to make them?
will you be able to make all those stuff with single account?
all the materials will be extremely expensive.

EU slaves in NA or NA slaves in EU, need to work for very basic mats. but if there is no apex, so there is no reason to work at other side, NO EU players spend times at NA, NO NA players spend times at EU either.

Result of it ; crafting will collapse, all the care bear ♥♥♥♥s wont work(not worth of anything),,, golds are not worth to make(because nothing to buy)
Sooo,, what now? Farming for gears will remain at last.. farming hiram gears. again,,, like legacy.
you will have free labors, but you will do same ♥♥♥♥ alll over again.

Dougs
08-19-2019, 03:22 PM
If you can't present a plan to solve the Housing / Alt Chars problem, people are not going to join this train again. I'm one of those people.

Franciscothefab
08-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Honestly, I think most of our questions could be answered just by paying attention to the announcement. They are looking to create a fair and balanced game void of p2w. That will likely mean no alt accounts. It will also likely mean no RNG boxes that give a p2w advantage. It will likely mean cosmetic things in the credit shop. Maybe new house designs. There is good money in those beanstalk houses. It sounds like if you want to get good you are going to have to work for it. No more great gear scores sponsored by Visa and no great ships sponsored by American Express.

If I had a guess, I think that keeps some people on the legacy servers. There are a lot of people who have spent money on the game over the years that may not want to leave their houses, cars, freighters, costumes, etc. People who don't want to pay to play will probably still join legacy servers. So those "good" players on legacy will still have low geared farmers to kill.

SiulX
08-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Outside Korean the only viable option is using a detection framework.
There are a lot of advanced analysis software (including AI) that can flag alt account funneling gold.
The problem is the investment on that software.

Meridian
08-19-2019, 03:25 PM
If you can't present a plan to solve the Housing / Alt Chars problem, people are not going to join this train again. I'm one of those people.
True enough. This has piqued my interest, but I want to see the fine print before I come back.

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Um. Does this benifit the Legacy players in ANY SHAPE OR FORM?
What I understand here is that the Legacy will no longer receive any new actual players becouse b2p without p2w is better than f2p with p2w.
Why didn't you adjust the legacy along with it? Keep it f2p, add ArchePass and then swap the shop with vanity-only cash shop with all of them being tradable?

Why the heck can't you just remove alts/patron from the f2p servers aswell? Or more like, just make it so that you only have to pay for patron once in Legacy because there is no possible way to play this game without Patron, to begin with??

Do SOMETHING for the Legacy, ANYTHING!

And how do you think this will affect the in-game economy of legacy servers if they did these changes, It would destroy it plain and simple. No way it could be done on legacy without creating more issues than it solves.

Necromonicon
08-19-2019, 04:00 PM
all the materials for craftings, or cooking, making portions, or whatever stuff...whos going to make them?
will you be able to make all those stuff with a single account?
all the materials will be extremely expensive.

This may sound Naive or simplistic but co-operation with guilds members or Family members to create all needed components is possible, with the right group.

Nygau
08-19-2019, 04:04 PM

Easy.. dont buy and stay on legacy :-)..

Izze
08-19-2019, 04:06 PM
This is ridiculous. I now have the choice to keep on paying a subscription and pay 10x more for the same game as one-time buyers do, or lose all the stuff it took me FOUR YEARS to get and only pay another 50-100.00 per account (or whatever the price will be) for the privilege of starting over from scratch with nothing. That's not right and you know it! I think the word is ransom. Or is extortion better? My stuff is basically being hijacked and I have to basically pay a monthly fee to keep what I have or lose it all to pay the same price as those only paying for it once.

You want to make it "fair'? Fine. If I have to keep paying for a subscription, then I want EXTRAS since I am being forced to pay more for the same game than one-time buyers and f2p will be.

It's amazing how every time you try to "fix" this game you only make it MORE UNFAIR THAN EVER. And you fail to fix any of the REAL problems. You didn't even bother to address how the game is dying because it's the MOST TOXIC MMO there is, or how the only players AA seems to support now are the pvpers. You have already driven almost every rper, crafter, and trader from this game because of your obsession with supporting pvp over everything else. You want to save this game from extinction, get your heads out of your collective arses, put some GM's back in the game to get control back from the harassers and the haters that are driving people from the game, and start making decisions to turn AA back into the sandbox game it was supposed to be, so that EVERYONE can play it and enjoy it, not just a few.

StrappedBunny
08-19-2019, 04:09 PM
sounds to me like you're going to split up the already low population of this game into more servers. it might be great to get new people into archeage but rip those that already have build characters and have been here for years.

mikroman
08-19-2019, 04:10 PM
1. Do you use other policy and restrictions in game to prevent "alt problems" in this server?
If we will get same system that means you change your "monthly unlimited p2w subscription" (patron) to "1 time unlimited big money investment and same p2w" system ("b2p"). Just cut out this advantages! Example: remove land sharing options to remove "tax cheaters"! Or lock p2p trades of "new accounts"! Or block whole trade, resource sending options and Ah transactions of new accounts for 1-2 (3-5-12) months!

2. Do you use "Multi region accounts" or do we have "single region accounts"?

3. Can we buy power and resources in "vanity cash shop"? Can we sell this "power items" in AH to get in game currency?
This items are not vanity items: charms, tempering charms, houses, farms, upgrade tickets, gear upgrade materials (fusions), house trade tickets, TAX certificates, plushy gear with buffs, labor regeneration buffs and items (bed, pajamas, worker potions, labor/vocation stipends), quest starter items or services to get more fusions, powerstone pets and autopickup gems, stat items (undergearment, upgradeable costumes)...

Enyo
08-19-2019, 04:24 PM
This is ridiculous. I now have the choice to keep on paying a subscription and pay 10x more for the same game as one-time buyers do, or lose all the stuff it took me FOUR YEARS to get and only pay another 50-100.00 per account (or whatever the price will be) for the privilege of starting over from scratch with nothing. That's bs and you know it! I think the word is ransom. Or is extortion better? My stuff is basically being hijacked and I have to pay monthly fee to keep what I have or lose it all to pay less for the exact same game others will now pay once for.

You want to make it "fair'? Fine. If I have to keep paying a damn subscription, then I want EXTRAS since I am being forced to pay more for the same damn game than one-time buyers and f2p will be. And all the f2p people should be moved to their own server, so they only have each other to ♥♥♥♥♥ and complain to about how unfair the supposed p2w all is …

It's amazing how every time you try to "fix" this game you only make it MORE UNFAIR THAN EVER. And you fail to fix any of the REAL problems. You didn't even bother to address how the game is dying because it's the MOST TOXIC MMO there is, or how the only players AA seems to support now are the pvpers. You have already driven almost every rper, crafter, and trader from this game because of your obsession with supporting pvpers over everyone else. You want to save this game from extinction, get your heads out of your collective arses, put some GM's back in the damn game to get control back from the harassers and the haters, and start making decisions to turn AA back into the sandbox game it was supposed to be, so that EVERYONE can play it and enjoy it, not just a few.

Harsh, but I have to agree wholeheartedly, especially with the end.

Northwain
08-19-2019, 04:47 PM
It may sound harsh... but I have no sympathy for people who kept with this game for years, spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars over that period of time. Starting from fresh is the best thing they could do... Having a few hundred max level guys move on over will just ruin the game. We all need to start from scratch.

Mangogogo
08-19-2019, 04:57 PM
What do you mean by housing for all?

mikroman
08-19-2019, 05:23 PM
What do you mean by housing for all?

b2p and you will get "Patron" buff without time limit. You can use housing system and all users will have same labor regeneration and max labor limit.

Andross
08-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Sounds pretty good. Should've been a decision made 3 years ago. We were actually promised "No tricks no traps" from the CM during Alpha.

Do founders still have to buy this game again? If yes, do they get a discount depending on what package they bought at launch?

I think this is a wonderful idea if it pulls through. There will be plenty of cash cows chilling on the main server.

Olympia
08-19-2019, 05:46 PM
what about the xp needed to level up a gear piece?i believe noone is willing to spend the same amount of time farming infinite for his gear......

Franciscothefab
08-19-2019, 05:57 PM
If we do patron for everyone then we need to eliminate the 5 week prepay on taxes. You absolutely will have a problem where people log in every 4 to 5 weeks to pay up their huge collection of land that they never use. If you go back to the old system of paying every week, you will have people more active or they simply will lose their property. Unless you can devise some kind of "use it or lose it" system. Prepay is nice but it has been badly abused.

Mangogogo
08-19-2019, 06:01 PM
b2p and you will get "Patron" buff without time limit. You can use housing system and all users will have same labor regeneration and max labor limit.

So...same as legacy server? lol

Ability to place a plot doesn't mean there is land available to place it.

AonSenbon
08-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Please make land taxes only payable with gold.
If you keep land taxes payable with labor, people can just sit on their land without using it at all and only log in every few weeks to pay their taxes, if you make it so that taxes must be paid in gold again, people will at the very least have to keep playing the game and making enough gold over time in order to keep their land.

mikroman
08-19-2019, 06:25 PM
So...same as legacy server? lol

Ability to place a plot doesn't mean there is land available to place it.

Lands are less importants in this patch version. You need in game currency from any sources and labor to upgrade your gear.
+we have enough lands in game. The problem is the hordes of alts. Alts of main account, alt-regions-alts... And"free tax" cash shop (and Gilda) farms. You can keep too many lands. Just remove this moon-stellar-solar-orbital-othermarketingbullsh!tp2w scarecrows, remove land share options and remove multi region accounts! That will help a lot without "real work" too...

adrockcafe
08-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Non-P2W is all I've been waiting for, very excited about it if it's actually true!

Colthoron
08-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Non-P2W is all I've been waiting for, very excited about it if it's actually true!

It's not. P2W will simply take a different form. Players will purchase the game multiple times for a one-time fee and the legion of alts will dominate the single account's pool.

They cannot change the game. They don't own it and they've stated that content and updates remain the same. Only the marketplace and subscription model changes. As for patches going forward, there will be nothing new that the legacy servers aren't getting anyway.

Lucaaa
08-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Phew this forums looks like when Legion players found out classic was becoming a thing. People so stuck to their in game belongings acting like they are losing it all and the world is being taken from them. You still got your game if you want want to play it whales lol. Noone's taking your stuff away but we'll be having fun on the new FS. If you don't want to play there.. don't. If new/returning players wanted to play on your server they would but there's a reason everyone quit in the first place and its being fixed for us here. Anyone I know that quit is overjoyed about this announcement and starting all over again.

Colthoron
08-19-2019, 07:55 PM
This is ridiculous. I now have the choice to keep on paying a subscription and pay 10x more for the same game as one-time buyers do, or lose all the stuff it took me FOUR YEARS to get and only pay another 50-100.00 per account (or whatever the price will be) for the privilege of starting over from scratch with nothing. That's bs and you know it! I think the word is ransom. Or is extortion better? My stuff is basically being hijacked and I have to pay monthly fee to keep what I have or lose it all to pay less for the exact same game others will now pay once for.

You want to make it "fair'? Fine. If I have to keep paying a damn subscription, then I want EXTRAS since I am being forced to pay more for the same damn game than one-time buyers and f2p will be. And all the f2p people should be moved to their own server, so they only have each other to ♥♥♥♥♥ and complain to about how unfair the supposed p2w all is …

It's amazing how every time you try to "fix" this game you only make it MORE UNFAIR THAN EVER. And you fail to fix any of the REAL problems. You didn't even bother to address how the game is dying because it's the MOST TOXIC MMO there is, or how the only players AA seems to support now are the pvpers. You have already driven almost every rper, crafter, and trader from this game because of your obsession with supporting pvpers over everyone else. You want to save this game from extinction, get your heads out of your collective arses, put some GM's back in the damn game to get control back from the harassers and the haters, and start making decisions to turn AA back into the sandbox game it was supposed to be, so that EVERYONE can play it and enjoy it, not just a few.

This is an excellent post. When my subscription expires early next year, I'm going to wonder why I need to fork over $99 per year to maintain my account when new server players pay a fraction of that once. It really is a ransom.

THE MOUNTAIN
08-19-2019, 07:56 PM
according to cm on discord, alt account WILL be allowed, as long as you don't multi client at the same time. so please explain how the following is true:

"There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone."

if what was said in the discord is correct, you will simply be able to purchase another account/s for more labor. So as long as you are only on 1 account at a time, and are willing to put the time into using said labor on each account, you do have an advantage over others.

i dont actually have a problem with it, BUT you should probably not advertise that there is no way to purchase an advantage or make it clearer that what you mean is that you can't directly purchase something within each account via cash shop etc. (if the info in discord was correct).

Lucaaa
08-19-2019, 08:02 PM
according to cm on discord, alt account WILL be allowed, as long as you don't multi client at the same time. so please explain how the following is true:

"There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone."

if what was said in the discord is correct, you will simply be able to purchase another account/s for more labor. So as long as you are only on 1 account at a time, and are willing to put the time into using said labor on each account, you do have an advantage over others.

i dont actually have a problem with it, BUT you should probably not advertise that there is no way to purchase an advantage. (if the info in discord was correct).

Is this not the case for any sandbox MMO? I'm confused that people are surprised.

THE MOUNTAIN
08-19-2019, 08:41 PM
Is this not the case for any sandbox MMO? I'm confused that people are surprised.

what makes you think im surprised? not surprised at all that you can purchase multiple accounts. i also dont have a problem with it. the problem is the way they worded that paragraph. it's incorrect and basically false advertising. it probably just stems from not actually understanding how the game works rather than being intentional.

VanBlaze
08-19-2019, 08:59 PM
I had many expectations with the Archeage Unchained, but, all empty. So they remove the premium but now they want to charge for the game and the expansions. For a game that is already 5 years old and they expect us to start from 0 on another server? Step before I buy a new b2p. My friends and I are not going to start from 0 on another server in a game in which we had already advanced. And especially if even paying for the game we have to keep fighting for a hole to put the house. Good luck.

firefly
08-19-2019, 09:07 PM
First: that's great news. I'm a founder and quit this year because alt armies and bots

1) care to elaborate on houses...how do you stop ppl from having permanent houses? without a sub they can just log to craft taxes and pre-pay so houses won't go demolition forever

2) Are you going to make a new website/forum for Archeage Unchained and get rid of Glyph/Trion brand ( trion name is bad reputation and brings so bad memories along )

Thank you and sorry if any grammatical mistakes ( english is not my native )

peace

mlambert890
08-19-2019, 09:08 PM
Some of you need to recognize you're going to be miserable no matter what they say or do, and what you really enjoy is raging on forums. I've been making basically this same post since UO, across dozens of MMOs, and Ive come to realize it's a kind of mental illness. Many somehow prefer to set impossible expectations, make a massive emotional investment in them, inevitably be let down (since nothing could match the utopian ideal that lives in their mind), and then spend the next 4 years, following game year 1, writing dissertations on forums about how XYZ company is "evil" and "greedy" and destroyed everything.

There is one real currency in life: time. Given MMOs are multiplayer persistent worlds that need to keep a large player base occupied for years, there are only two possible models in any MMO: "no life to win" and, the ridiculously overused, "P2W".

Complicating this reality is that there are also fundamentally two kinds of players... People who just play and enjoy these games within the constraints of time, money and skill that naturally restrict them, and folks who have some pathological need to outperform those constraints.

It's that latter group that inevitably ends up raging on forums. Of that group, the people with more time than money love a model like this new one, until they realize they dont have the kind of time needed to be what they "need" to be, people who have more money than time love the old model, until they realize that they dont have the kind of money needed to be what they "need" to be.

So yeah... regardless of the model, (very) few MMOs have managed to overcome this psychological deficiency of the target market. WoW and FFXIV do it because the franchises are powerful enough that they attract enough sane players, who don't live on forums raging and who are just happy to be in those worlds, to keep those games profitable.

THE MOUNTAIN
08-19-2019, 09:08 PM
I had many expectations with the Archeage Unchained, but, all empty. So they remove the premium but now they want to charge for the game and the expansions. For a game that is already 5 years old and they expect us to start from 0 on another server? Step before I buy a new b2p. My friends and I are not going to start from 0 on another server in a game in which we had already advanced. And especially if even paying for the game we have to keep fighting for a hole to put the house. Good luck.

this server is clearly targeted at returning players. nobody is expecting you to switch if you are a current legacy player.

lazyr
08-19-2019, 09:09 PM
i think if archeage unchained becomes only on Steam looks good to fight against illegal programs that would allow multi box in glyph if Archeage unchained becomes available in glyph.

I remember that in 2015/2016 when archeage was not allowed multi box, illegal programs allowed and made available the PLAY button on glyph after opening the first account

Shaiye
08-19-2019, 09:38 PM
What about the current legacy players? They've spent years getting gear and mounts and items and it wouldn't be easy for them to throw it away to play on what will obviously be a more healthy and populated server under Unchained rather legacy, which is where all of the new players will go. Keeping legacy open just seems to be for those who still play there and no one else.

How will there be housing for everyone? Sure, there'll be a much smaller amount of alts on Unchained than on legacy, but that will be replaced with an influx of real players. Is Auroria land coming back in the castle zones? Are more zones being added in the future that KR hasn't even gotten yet like Ahnimar/Rokhala that are specifically for housing?

How will anyone make gold? Recent patches have nerfed all forms of gold making into the ground--trade packs, fishing, crafting, etc. Without the ability to make more gold with alts, and the inability to buy more labor points, how will we be able to make gold to keep up with synthesis fees on dungeon gear and all of the other expenses that we have to invest in to play the game to the fullest?

How will new mounts and gliders be introduced if they can't be in the cash shop? I assume Manastorms.

Xiver
08-19-2019, 09:50 PM
1. Will there be an official Oceanic/SEA server based in Oceania?

There will definitely be a huge demand for an oceanic server and a large oceanic community who will play/want to play AA:U if they can play competitively with low ping against others in pvp. Blade & Soul had a petition for an official Oceanuc/SEA server based in Oceania which reached 15, 000 signatures within the first month of Blade & Soul's release. There has also been a heavy demand for an official oceanic server which would give oceanic players low ping on the Archeage forums since 2014.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/222987-petition-for-seaoceanic-server-over-15000-signed/

Wow classic will have official oceanic servers.
Wow has 8-9 oceanic servers and both Barthilas and Frostmourne oceanic servers have been consistently high or full population, even to this day.

The fact Archeage is a highly pvp orientated game makes the need for localised servers per region with low ping an even higher priority than in other games.

Having an official Oceanic/SEA based in oceania would most definitely bring a lot of people back to play the game, including myself, players who quit Archeage because of the fact an oceanic server was never provided and players who might play classic wow instead because of the significant ping reduction provided by Blizzard's localised oceanic servers which allows for competitive pvp gameplay.

Firenation
08-19-2019, 10:15 PM
What about the current legacy players? They've spent years getting gear and mounts and items and it wouldn't be easy for them to throw it away to play on what will obviously be a more healthy and populated server under Unchained rather legacy, which is where all of the new players will go. Keeping legacy open just seems to be for those who still play there and no one else.

How will there be housing for everyone? Sure, there'll be a much smaller amount of alts on Unchained than on legacy, but that will be replaced with an influx of real players. Is Auroria land coming back in the castle zones? Are more zones being added in the future that KR hasn't even gotten yet like Ahnimar/Rokhala that are specifically for housing?

How will anyone make gold? Recent patches have nerfed all forms of gold making into the ground--trade packs, fishing, crafting, etc. Without the ability to make more gold with alts, and the inability to buy more labor points, how will we be able to make gold to keep up with synthesis fees on dungeon gear and all of the other expenses that we have to invest in to play the game to the fullest?

How will new mounts and gliders be introduced if they can't be in the cash shop? I assume Manastorms.

Did you play The Secret World before? That game had made the same method and it is worked that the game is now as "The Secret World" and "The Secret World: Legends". After the game got the new business model of "The Secret World: Legends", the developers didn't add any new server for years already which it will be same for new AA business model too. I hope that GAMIGO will get MEGA SERVERs.

1) P2W best geared legacy players will never come to play at new server fully which thy will probably be bored and return back to their one shoot game mode again.

2) In my opinion, there will be two options for housing in AA. First one is "we still have the current housing option of AA" and the same time as second option, I believe that we will have a system like Black Desert Online Housing system. I think that there will be one or two AA EU servers with new AA business model for EU.

3) Because of Apex, p2w marketplace, mega multi-accounting with PN free farm servers of years, it was so easy for legacy players to make easy gold without playing the actual game that we had experienced at the first release of AA, players forgot how to make gold with normal ways with one account!!!

With this new business model, even the multi-accounting will not be enough to make free gold by just playing as potato like in legacy server!!! I hope that this "Buy to Play" model requires minimum $150 or $200 to play like Guild Wars 2 that will block the mega multi-accounting so much!!!

4) If XLGAMES accepts, that mounts and gliders should be acquired from the named World Bosses as drops, so it will make more players to play in open world; instead of getting them from cash shop via rng boxes... And of course, thy will still be attainable via Manastorms.

PLEASE GAMIGO, APPLY A CHEAT*HACK*MACRO DETECTOR SOFTWARE, and Block opening multi-clients from the same computer at least to lower the multi accounting as much as possible.

Avarina
08-19-2019, 11:25 PM
If we do patron for everyone then we need to eliminate the 5 week prepay on taxes.

- no thank you, keep prepay on tax, and/or a new solution (cant think of one so no suggestion for a solution atm), BECAUSE I do prepay in case of RL emergency preventing me from logging in to pay tax every week, and I do go on vacation for up to 2-3 weeks at a time...So I really dont wanna come back to my Little house and farm gone....but yes a solution is needed, but removing prepay is not the right one imo

VanBlaze
08-19-2019, 11:55 PM
this server is clearly targeted at returning players. nobody is expecting you to switch if you are a current legacy player.

Maybe but why pay for archeage 20 or 30 or 40 euro if i can b2p Black desert in steam for 5 with great graphics with sea system with housing and market system and remastered 4k graphics?

YalTheCat
08-20-2019, 12:35 AM
KR server can be control to have only single account, because they are using social insurance number.

I believe this is no longer true. Also, note that the ability to /follow while on haulers was changed BECAUSE of Korea and Alts...

mikroman
08-20-2019, 12:52 AM
Maybe but why pay for archeage 20 or 30 or 40 euro if i can b2p Black desert in steam for 5 with great graphics with sea system with housing and market system and remastered 4k graphics?

BDo is pointless. That is big shiny online casino. Whole upgrade system (enchant) is dumb korean gamble. And its p2w. It uses other strategy but its not less dirty than old trion-Archeage in the past. You can buy "small advantages" in all steps of your character. BDO is good for exploring and PvE. PvP is a joke and it has many dumb systems in game.

Example: trade is good money if you don't trade just you abuse weakness of the game. You "cheat" with weight limit, flute or transport option. You use low level character to move your packs without isk to lose them in PvP. Whole level up trade skill system is selling many trash crates or low value trade items with loss or near 0 income. (you will get more income in some seconds PvE monster killing).

And no. 5$ old BDO is not in the competition with AA new servers or any new/restarted MMO games. BDO is similar to legacy AA. Huge gear gap, many time to be competitive in pvp, gamble and p2w. But AA and BDO move in different direction. Business modell and cash shop contents of AA were one of the most disgusting object in MMO market. It changed in time. Its less RNG and its less p2w now. You can catch up safer and faster with hiram and dungeaon gear changes. This new "limited p2w" server will be better than legacy. BDO was good in the start. It had fair system, good business modell, good communication with customers... than KakaoMeme/daum backstabbed old customers/preorder users and make BDO other disgusting p2w korean gamble game. They lied us to sell "beta" game than they changed conditions after we tested the game. The system is RNG and it never changed. High-end gear progression and accessory enchant is one of the worst in MMO market. And the game is more and more p2w in time. If you paint sh!t that will stay sh!t. Nice graphic will not fix core contents. And core of BDo is "Online casino". Or its like old arcade games. You see "insert coin" messages everywhere. :)

But Central marketplace of BDo is not bad. It has many weakness, but it prevents "fake trades" of goldselles and multiaccount users. And it let us trade with in game items.

blizplix
08-20-2019, 01:08 AM
Gamigo can you make all items include gold untradeable to other character only in auction house you can trade the item? Please make honor shop items untradeable so no more alts in instance.

tecolotl
08-20-2019, 01:10 AM
BDo is pointless. That is big shiny online casino. Whole upgrade system (enchant) is dumb korean gamble. And its p2w. It uses other strategy but its not less dirty than old trion-Archeage in the past. You can buy "small advantages" in all steps of your character. BDO is good for exploring and PvE. PvP is a joke and it has many dumb systems in game.

Example: trade is good money if you don't trade just you abuse weakness of the game. You "cheat" with weight limit, flute or transport option. You use low level character to move your packs without isk to lose them in PvP. Whole level up trade skill system is selling many trash crates or low value trade items with loss or near 0 income. (you will get more income in some seconds PvE monster killing).

And no. 5$ old BDO is not in the competition with AA new servers or any new/restarted MMO games. BDO is similar to legacy AA. Huge gear gap, many time to be competitive in pvp, gamble and p2w. But AA and BDO move in different direction. Business modell and cash shop contents of AA were one of the most disgusting object in MMO market. It changed in time. Its less RNG and its less p2w now. You can catch up safer and faster with hiram and dungeaon gear changes. This new "limited p2w" server will be better than legacy. BDO was good in the start. It had fair system, good business modell, good communication with customers... than KakaoMeme/daum backstabbed old customers/preorder users and make BDO other disgusting p2w korean gamble game. They lied us to sell "beta" game than they changed conditions after we tested the game. The system is RNG and it never changed. High-end gear progression and accessory enchant is one of the worst in MMO market. And the game is more and more p2w in time. If you paint sh!t that will stay sh!t. Nice graphic will not fix core contents. And core of BDo is "Online casino". Or its like old arcade games. You see "insert coin" messages everywhere. :)

But Central marketplace of BDo is not bad. It has many weakness, but it prevents "fake trades" of goldselles and multiaccount users. And it let us trade with in game items.

sounds like some one who truly failed at bdo in every aspect of the game, but your right its not a competition to AA because AA can't compete with its low numbers

xBelko
08-20-2019, 01:16 AM
For all the people wondering and reading the crying of ♥♥♥♥♥♥s on this thread and others yes the new server will have more players and thats what they are afraid of. All the ♥♥♥♥♥♥s crying here and trying to put some "facts" and stuff how this is not the right way to go or how ppl can stil alt account and yare yare daze are just theyr last crys in hope that gamigo rewerts this so that they dont lose the player base on legacy so they have players to sht talk to and one shot. This is common logic and we know its gonna happen, when the b2p server is up its gonna be more populated then legacy servers, it will stay more populated IF they actually make the markeplace right and the server can handle all the players logging in (remember the log in ques, kadum lag, halcy lag, MM lag, MM towers spawing in random maps cuz of poor server optimization, etc) if they actually dont encounter those problems again the server will stay more populate then lagacys and prob legacys will merge into one server in the end left with only cashers and some people who wanna stay with those cashers friends. Dont get me wrong we need the cashers to stay on legacy as they ll be contributing with theyr money too for the game :D. In the end if you are realy reading this thread gamigo make sure your server is ready for the HIGH amount of players thats gonna log in at the same time and make sure the server can handle a big players base not like trions servers that would crash and lag non stop. And yes players will return and play if everything is done properly, for the people who are crying here keep on crying your tears give me joy in life.

Vikiandra
08-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Someone asked if housing is available to everyone, as they stated in their announcement.
I understand it this way: Housing is not limited to Patron, as there is no Patron, so everyone CAN use housing IF you find land.
That does NOT mean that everyone can actually do it, if there is no space/land. I don't believe there is any Change in hosuing mechanic, such as instanced housing, maybe they will open more land for housing, but not Change the mechanic. so yes housing is available for everyone...but not without Limits!
And if everyone can use it, it will be as difficult as on legacy Servers. No additional alt characters, but many real life characters who all want to join the rush.
Comparing to BDO, there you can rent a house in every City, or more, all available limitless (if you have enough contribution).
but to be honest, the open world housing of Archeage is one of the nice aspects of AA, the only solution to this is maybe open real, and I mean REAL large open space in the backlands. Add new large zones far and far away and make many items cargo, so you Need to Transport it to a trade hub where you can sell corn from the farmlands...

Aldasa
08-20-2019, 01:22 AM
I played pretty hardcore for a couple of years but I couldn't keep up with the p2w whales.

Really looking forward to this new payment model.

ThunderPanda
08-20-2019, 01:30 AM
I, for one, support this. I rather reroll my characters then continue paying/commiting grinding time to keep paying for patron and stay competitive.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a maplestory reboot where the alternative to p2w is grinding my balls off... You would have been living a pretty sad life if you think being rewarded after brain dead grinding on mobs for months on end is an "achievement" you have "worked hard" for.

Skitzey
08-20-2019, 01:37 AM
Add a skill queue.

Xilix
08-20-2019, 02:44 AM
Will all end of game equipment be "bound"? Erenor can now be sold through AH, Hiram isn't.

Can the designs for houses/boats/gliders/ also be "bound" to the character that bought them with gildas? Most of the gilda rewards are not tradable between players favorizing multi account users.

Can the "follow" option be removed from game?

mikroman
08-20-2019, 02:51 AM
sounds like some one who truly failed at bdo in every aspect of the game, but your right its not a competition to AA because AA can't compete with its low numbers

Than BDO is a trash because WoW have more players. Or MMO games are fails because LoL and Dota have more viewers in youtube/twitch. Its brilliant logic. :)

Trino did too many damage in Archeage. This low number is not the fault of the game. It was just dumb short term business plan of Trino. And the passive behavior of Gamigo later...

edit: I didn't failed. I left BDO in the 1st big p2w patch time. PvP contents of BDO died in that point for me. I play BDO sometimes. Its a placeholder game for me. I am potatoe man now. Top lifeskiller with missed 1,5-2 years. :)

Yoru
08-20-2019, 03:12 AM
Q: Will the trade system see a revamp and if not, will it be the same as our current one or a previous one?

Q: Will housing get a revamp?

Q: What is going to happen to the loyalty system? Will we be able to get those items in game or will they only be limited to cash shop?

Q: Will the labor system stay as is or will it get a revamp?

xDrac
08-20-2019, 03:52 AM
I heard a rumour of the game being 20 EUR to purchase, if its only a one time purchase I'm willing to bet that there will be a huge issue with alt accounts again, how do you plan to combat that if at all...?

goldu
08-20-2019, 05:00 AM
please make it $200 per ip. so make bots really worthless

Northwain
08-20-2019, 05:07 AM
I heard a rumour of the game being 20 EUR to purchase, if its only a one time purchase I'm willing to bet that there will be a huge issue with alt accounts again, how do you plan to combat that if at all...?They won't... There's nothing they can do about that... People who buy multiple accounts will keep this game alive, not just from purchasing the game 10+ times, but also via being the type of people who buy a lot of stuff from cash shops.

C00lit
08-20-2019, 05:17 AM
I have a few more questions as “no tricks, no traps” is still at the back of my mind and I guess now is the time to get a clear position on things before returning.

ALTS
1. Will there be any further adjustments to labour to combat multi account alt P2W?
2. Have you considered requiring mobile number verification (or similar) to play due to the way labour works?
3. Have gamigo looked at some type of crafting or trading restrictions to kerb alt accounts?
4. Can you post exactly what gamigos stance will be on alt accounts?

STORE
1. Will items bought in the store be sellable for gold in-game (P2W)?
2. Will there be anything remotely like BDO where “cosmetic” pets are practically mandatory?

SOCIAL
1. The new discord is great, but will we get regular streams on future content and events etc?
2. Any plans to increase the visibility of GM’s in-game?
3. I’d like to suggest a “bot bash” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplTSX26oLc) like what Runescape has, make a community event of it!

Durah
08-20-2019, 05:19 AM
lmfao its only "alive" because of alts, if u cut down the alts you could barely fill a raid in some servers

just face it, your days of smacking down farmers with eternal gear are over

lol. u don't even know me. I have a hiram epic gear if u want to know, and my server its alive. OC there is alts, but this not mean game is dead. If u are still playing try show up on content and u will see.
But yes, we have a lot of alts on Kadum, and i guess aria is the same. The nigher number of Alts is because they are a very profit way to make gold and ressources in this game. Elliminate Multi-boxing in legacy servers is a high risk now, our economy was builded on that way. But to a new server things can be different.
I 'm very disappointed about this announcement. In the end all is about a new fresh start with a single difference about pay method, and i think this make alt army problem worst. Even with a multi-boxing blocked (that can be easily fooled) ppl can make a alt army and destroy by monopolize lands and ressources since the begin.
Gamingo should be think more about this new server and improve better changes.
The way the things come now seems to the a failure on both server, old and new.

antalj
08-20-2019, 06:28 AM
Yes I have a question. You say "No one can simply purchase an advantage over others." But those people who are able to play more, aka whole day have then immediately huge advantage over me for example who is sitting at work during the day and can only play 1-2 hours a day. How do you plan to equalize this issue? (for example buying things for money is a solution without placing pay to win items in the shop). Or otherwise you just failed your statement with "more fair game experience" and the game not even started yet o_O

Vikiandra
08-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Yes I have a question. You say "No one can simply purchase an advantage over others." But those people who are able to play more, aka whole day have then immediately huge advantage over me for example who is sitting at work during the day and can only play 1-2 hours a day. How do you plan to equalize this issue? (for example buying things for money is a solution without placing pay to win items in the shop). Or otherwise you just failed your statement with "more fair game experience" and the game not even started yet o_O

well i understand that AA Unchained is designed for Players WITH time, if you have no time, but Money to spend, than Legacy might be the better place.
Because if you open items for sale on Unchained, not only Players with 1-2 hours playtime can buy it, but the others that Play the whole day can buy it too and have even more Advantage.

but its quite normal that you advance slower with less time playing, that's just reality.

applejax
08-20-2019, 07:02 AM
Last Fresh Start ended up feeling like a bait and switch as almost nothing was as advertised and Trion seemed to either have no control or just abandoned it.

Can you address what lessons were learned by that experience and what is being done this time to ensure Gamigo follows through on what is promised?

Does Gamigo have more autonomy with XL than Trion did or can XL just change the monetization/cash-shop at will in this version?

Colthoron
08-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Q: Will the trade system see a revamp and if not, will it be the same as our current one or a previous one?

Q: Will housing get a revamp?

Q: What is going to happen to the loyalty system? Will we be able to get those items in game or will they only be limited to cash shop?

Q: Will the labor system stay as is or will it get a revamp?

Gamigo cannnot fundamentally change the game. They don't own it and do not have the rights to do so. So the answers to your questions are "no." That doesn't preclude the normal changes that have already happened in Korea and will happen here via new patches. But those changes are controlled by XL only and would have happened to the legacy servers regardless of Unchained. Thus their statement that content and patches between the legacy and Unchained will be the same.

All Gamigo is doing is launching a new server with a new subscription model and a changed marketplace. These are the only items under Gamigo's control. All their statements with regards to gameplay on Unchained are vague and clever attempts at addressing the hot button issues without actually changing anything. Unfortunately, players ran wild with them. For instance: housing will be available to all. This doesn't mean they will instance it, or guarantee it. It means that there is a new server with open space and because everyone is a subscriber, they have the ability to build.

It's all a marketing ploy. If there was fine print, it'd say you are paying once to start over on a brand new server playing the exact same game.

Vikiandra
08-20-2019, 07:12 AM
I think the p2w aspects are built-in due te request of the Publisher, not by developer.
I remember TERA where some changes were made to crafting you could do better etchings and so on, nice idea and hard to get the really high-end etchings as materials were hard to collect. but Publishers came in and sold them, the real high previous materials in shop or crates, so it got all ridiculous.
Now the Basic raw materials are expensive, and the high materials are sold for low price, no sense in ever crafting them by yourself. or better, absolute stupid if anyone would craft.

I don't think XL games does all the p2w stuff by itself. Pubishers Need something to be really frustrating in game design, that's what they request. and then they show up and sell you something to ease the pain.

C00lit
08-20-2019, 07:21 AM
I don't think XL games does all the p2w stuff by itself. Pubishers Need something to be really frustrating in game design, that's what they request. and then they show up and sell you something to ease the pain.

This is what I find annoying with the modern game industry, if they do this in AAU its a pretty major turnoff for me personally, if they stick to cosmetics I'm fine with that but designing systems to make you spend out of frustration will end my time prematurely in AAU.

NullPointerException
08-20-2019, 08:08 AM
I am not sure if that information is valuable, but an German website called "MEiNMMO" just posted a thread that they talked directly to Gamigo at the Gamescom in Germany.
Vice President Mervin Lee Kwai made some statements there about the season pass and stuff.

THE SEASONPASS:
There will be two different season passes. the first one will be for free (for everyone) and the other premium/for players who spend 10 Dollars in the game. You will get a new currency out of the seasonpasses with which you can buy yourself cosmetic rewards and different Titles. The free season pass will also include pots that gives you little advantages in the game.
One Pass will last over three months and during that time you will have plenty option to do daily mission such as killing monsters or pvp. Every finished mission will give you XP, but the Seasonpass only have 55 Levels. After this you finished it :)

The INGAME SHOP:
Mervin Lee Kwai is emphasizing that the shop will ONLY include items of cosmetic nature, so no progress stuff etc that gives other people an unfair advantage.

HOUSING:
Mervin Lee Kwai is aware of the problematic of housing and property abuse and they made a few changes for that. So one thing that they've changed is that you can no longer buy or sell tax certificates in the "Marketplace?" which will make it much harder to earn certificates ingame and sustain a lot of properties, also because of the amount of labour points you have. Also he is absolutely sure that the obstacle of a B2P Model will be sufficient enough to hold back people from having multiple accounts and squating more than the amount of territories they can have. But they still gonna observe how it works out at the end and, if necessary, make others additional changes too. But he is absolutely sure that there will be plenty of space for everyone to build a house on, especially the new Hiram Update came with new Properties!

last but not least he sees the new unchained version as a chance for people to try or come back to Archeage, those who denying the old P2W Model and those who are tired of it.He is quoting that there have been a lot of Fresh start servers and everytime they were full of people from other servers who wanted to try out new things. most of the are going back to their old servers, because of the time they've invested into them.The old Servers will still remain as The Real Targetgroup for Gamigo!

NEW UPDATE:
There will be further informations, but the next big Update(also Unchained ) is planned to be released in Autumn of this year, for both Legacy and Unchained

Mindaugas
08-20-2019, 08:08 AM
1. Does AA unchained get separate game launcher or still will be accessible from Glyph ?
2. If we can't run more then one client per PC in AA unchained does it affect current F2P AA as well ?

Argentto
08-20-2019, 08:18 AM
1-What happens to people who have brother in the same house.
you would have 2 pc with the same ip, only 1 person can play in these cases.
Or can each one normally play on his PC simultaneously?

NullPointerException
08-20-2019, 08:28 AM
1-What happens to people who have brother in the same house.
you would have 2 pc with the same ip, only 1 person can play in these cases.
Or can each one normally play on his PC simultaneously?

Look at my post, question answered?

Argentto
08-20-2019, 08:37 AM
Look at my post, question answered?

nope. that's why I asked wrong, my question is referred to 1 client per pc

Ademptio
08-20-2019, 08:58 AM
So far I am loving the idea... Makes me want to come back to Archeage and give it another chance.

But there are some questions I have that hold me back. I know some of these might of been asked previously but that just means there's more then just me wondering about this.

1) Will it really be no more P2W? I hated the fact I was dumping 100's of euro's into the game every so often only to find out there is no end to it. By the time I realised this I was quite deep into my pockets so I really dont feel like playing another P2W game. I don't mind Costumes/Mounts/Gliders (cosmetic only no stats)/Sex changes/Transfers/etc as long it does not impact the growth or advantage over others.

2) As much I love the idea of fresh start from 0. What will happen to Legacy stuff? I got loads of costumes/mount collections. Hell it took me forever maxing out every single skill. Will it all be for nothing or do players get something special cosmetic wise in new game? I personaly would love to keep my titles for collecting stuffm it would at least feel it wasn't for nothing.

3) I keep hearing about these "passes" like Seasonalpass or Archepass. What is it? It doesn't sound very aluring. Sounds like another P2W pass to have an advantage over others.
Unless it would be some kind of pass for example: Pay 10euro a month to recieve all costumes/mounts that come out that month/season. Which would be a huge thing compared to buying them 1 by 1 from cashshop and at least people will buy that if they really want cosmetic things. Collectors will buy it to get everything. Others will just purchase that 1 mount they like from cashshop.

4) Will there be European Servers?

5) What patch does it start off from? I personally loved first version of Archeage where I finally managed to get a thunderstruck tree I was so super exited I could finally be able to finish my farm cart to haul 2 packs more instead of my donkey.
Where as latest expansion getting a thunderstruck tree means nothing since if you need one you just buy it in bulk from AH... Feels very ♥♥♥♥ty.

6) Will alts be forbidden? As in 1 client per PC, this would stop people from having advantage over others. I know many people in Legacy had several accounts. It was common since it brought a lot more profit.

NullPointerException
08-20-2019, 09:03 AM
nope. that's why I asked wrong, my question is referred to 1 client per pc

so the answer is, there will be no client per pc, as far as the vice president told.

NullPointerException
08-20-2019, 09:04 AM
So far I am loving the idea... Makes me want to come back to Archeage and give it another chance.

But there are some questions I have that hold me back. I know some of these might of been asked previously but that just means there's more then just me wondering about this.

1) Will it really be no more P2W? I hated the fact I was dumping 100's of euro's into the game every so often only to find out there is no end to it. By the time I realised this I was quite deep into my pockets so I really dont feel like playing another P2W game. I don't mind Costumes/Mounts/Gliders (cosmetic only no stats)/Sex changes/Transfers/etc as long it does not impact the growth or advantage over others.

2) As much I love the idea of fresh start from 0. What will happen to Legacy stuff? I got loads of costumes/mount collections. Hell it took me forever maxing out every single skill. Will it all be for nothing or do players get something special cosmetic wise in new game? I personaly would love to keep my titles for collecting stuffm it would at least feel it wasn't for nothing.

3) I keep hearing about these "passes" like Seasonalpass or Archepass. What is it? It doesn't sound very aluring. Sounds like another P2W pass to have an advantage over others.
Unless it would be some kind of pass for example: Pay 10euro a month to recieve all costumes/mounts that come out that month/season. Which would be a huge thing compared to buying them 1 by 1 from cashshop and at least people will buy that if they really want cosmetic things. Collectors will buy it to get everything. Others will just purchase that 1 mount they like from cashshop.

4) Will there be European Servers?

5) What patch does it start off from? I personally loved first version of Archeage where I finally managed to get a thunderstruck tree I was so super exited I could finally be able to finish my farm cart to haul 2 packs more instead of my donkey.
Where as latest expansion getting a thunderstruck tree means nothing since if you need one you just buy it in bulk from AH... Feels very ♥♥♥♥ty.

6) Will alts be forbidden? As in 1 client per PC, this would stop people from having advantage over others. I know many people in Legacy had several accounts. It was common since it brought a lot more profit.

Look at my post above, answered pretty much a lot and there will be european severs. Would be questionable if not

blizplix
08-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Is ArcheAge Unchained available on steam to purchase?

C00lit
08-20-2019, 09:23 AM
I am not sure if that information is valuable, but an German website called "MEiNMMO" just posted a thread that they talked directly to Gamigo at the Gamescom in Germany.
Vice President Mervin Lee Kwai made some statements there about the season pass and stuff.

THE SEASONPASS:
There will be two different season passes. the first one will be for free (for everyone) and the other premium/for players who spend 10 Dollars in the game. You will get a new currency out of the seasonpasses with which you can buy yourself cosmetic rewards and different Titles. The free season pass will also include pots that gives you little advantages in the game.
One Pass will last over three months and during that time you will have plenty option to do daily mission such as killing monsters or pvp. Every finished mission will give you XP, but the Seasonpass only have 55 Levels. After this you finished it :)

The INGAME SHOP:
Mervin Lee Kwai is emphasizing that the shop will ONLY include items of cosmetic nature, so no progress stuff etc that gives other people an unfair advantage.

HOUSING:
Mervin Lee Kwai is aware of the problematic of housing and property abuse and they made a few changes for that. So one thing that they've changed is that you can no longer buy or sell tax certificates in the "Marketplace?" which will make it much harder to earn certificates ingame and sustain a lot of properties, also because of the amount of labour points you have. Also he is absolutely sure that the obstacle of a B2P Model will be sufficient enough to hold back people from having multiple accounts and squating more than the amount of territories they can have. But they still gonna observe how it works out at the end and, if necessary, make others additional changes too. But he is absolutely sure that there will be plenty of space for everyone to build a house on, especially the new Hiram Update came with new Properties!

last but not least he sees the new unchained version as a chance for people to try or come back to Archeage, those who denying the old P2W Model and those who are tired of it.He is quoting that there have been a lot of Fresh start servers and everytime they were full of people from other servers who wanted to try out new things. most of the are going back to their old servers, because of the time they've invested into them.The old Servers will still remain as The Real Targetgroup for Gamigo!

NEW UPDATE:
There will be further informations, but the next big Update(also Unchained ) is planned to be released in Autumn of this year, for both Legacy and Unchained

Thanks for posting this, here's the original article (https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fmein-mmo.de%2Farcheage-ohne-pay2win-wir-fragen-gamigo%2F) ran through google translate for anyone interested :D

ihaNk
08-20-2019, 09:27 AM
what about proxys? for South American player? because old partner has the worst internet of the world... i think the change its to be better right? :p

Archax
08-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Will it be a progressive server or normal one?

Noxie
08-20-2019, 10:02 AM
I think this is a very good decision. If you additionally handle graphics, I like the idea. Of course, a lot depends on the final purchase price. Unfortunately, we in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc.) always have a little harder, because our earnings are lower than in Western Europe or in the USA. I am already waiting for new changes and wish you the least technical problems while working on the new version.

Higorkovic
08-20-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm still waiting significant changes of Archeage, without being the new server.

DarthLex
08-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Well was i read all post and i have a few questions.

1. Will Gamigo make more translations of the game, Like Spanish or Portuguese?
2. When will be more expansions of land by introducing new territories?
3. If the new server will by B2P that no eliminate P2W, ppl can still buy gold for others players in real cash.
4. How u planing limit the number of properties that have each person? If u dont do noting in that hack's will take lands like always to put to sell later.
5. I see in others MMO like BDO, much F2P players that get the game for free, stop to playing because theys can buy cosmetics, will be others ways to make or get all cosmetics that will sell in cash shop?

That are my questions, and sorry if my gramatical is bad, English is no my language. I speak Spanish :)

Paypal
08-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Well was i read all post and i have a few questions.

1. Will Gamigo give us a localized SouthAmerica server due ping issues? Ps. AA have a huge SA players community.
2. What about labor regen? 2x more like in KR?
3. And If this mode succeeds are you guys fixing legacy servers or will be abandoned?
4. Any plans to remove labor for gear progression (gems / xp) and let it only for making gold?

And please bring us more labor regen and only 1 acc per person. Thats what this game need. And remove labor for gear progression.

Enyo
08-20-2019, 12:48 PM
The restrictions on Multi-boxing woud solve most of the complaints in threads recently about alts in Legacy. FoH, World Raids, Arena's, hero voting and labor pot exploits, along with annoying hauler trains. If the change works in the new server and isn't implemented on Legacy, we'll know that you just don't care about the bastard child hand me downs you got from Trion, and that's why there has been minimum attention given to helping us recently.

Trest
08-20-2019, 01:23 PM
The restrictions on Multi-boxing woud solve most of the complaints in threads recently about alts in Legacy. FoH, World Raids, Arena's, hero voting and labor pot exploits, along with annoying hauler trains. If the change works in the new server and isn't implemented on Legacy, we'll know that you just don't care about the bastard child hand me downs you got from Trion, and that's why there has been minimum attention given to helping us recently.

Bit of an unfair comparison there. Alts are engrained in legacy culture and economy. To remove them now would affect the f2p version far more than reducing raid size or alt participation in instances. It would have a drastic and likely very negative effect on the economy. So don’t be surprised if they don’t implement the multi client restriction on legacy. If they don’t, it doesn’t mean gamigo doesn’t care about legacy. It just means they see it being as a more negative than positive thing toward legacy economy.

Sephiorth
08-20-2019, 01:43 PM
This is going to yet again divide the player base... after a few months unchained will fail and there will be another sever merger and land wipe and trion will lose thousands of players who don't want to deal with another land wipe... This is a horrible idea and we as a community need to stand up and say something to save the game we love so much

reddevil
08-20-2019, 02:05 PM
Bit of an unfair comparison there. Alts are engrained in legacy culture and economy. To remove them now would affect the f2p version far more than reducing raid size or alt participation in instances. It would have a drastic and likely very negative effect on the economy. So don’t be surprised if they don’t implement the multi client restriction on legacy. If they don’t, it doesn’t mean gamigo doesn’t care about legacy. It just means they see it being as a more negative than positive thing toward legacy economy.

If you want to do something with the issues on legacy you need to start somewhere. Maybe it effects the economy at that moment but it will balance out soon enough. We had enough game changes from xl which effected the economy negative at first but after a while after we were use to it the economy went into the positive direction again. So this is no excuse to leave legacy in the state as it is now and keep losing players because of it.
And first of all AA in its core isnt build for massive alt use. That's what we as community in NA/EU forced into the game. Its our mentality and only can change if they force it on us.

If they implement client restriction on legacy doesnt mean we cant have alts, its only not all 10+ (which are often non patron) at the same time. So in the end it wont have as big influence on the economy as some always claim

Oriphus
08-20-2019, 02:42 PM
"The free season pass will also include pots that gives you little advantages in the game.
One Pass will last over three months and during that time you will have plenty option to do daily mission such as killing monsters or pvp. Every finished mission will give you XP, but the Seasonpass only have 55 Levels. After this you finished it "

This all needs a lot of clarification for me.

Enyo
08-20-2019, 02:51 PM

We had client restrictions at launch. The same people that will multi-box the new version, already multi-boxed the launch with the same methods. It ran more people off and devalued our labor once they lifted those client restrictions. If you want to see when the populations dropped, it was when they lifted multi-client restrictions and AltAge was born. Alts will never go away, they should just be played one at a time so they can't be exploited as easily. To say multi-boxed alts are "engrained" is to refuse the first year of the game, when they were rare. The last 3 years they've been meta, but that doesn't equate to betta'.

If you want to do something with the issues on legacy you need to start somewhere. Maybe it effects the economy at that moment but it will balance out soon enough. We had enough game changes from xl which effected the economy negative at first but after a while after we were use to it the economy went into the positive direction again. So this is no excuse to leave legacy in the state as it is now and keep losing players because of it.
And first of all AA in its core isnt build for massive alt use. That's what we as community in NA/EU forced into the game. Its our mentality and only can change if they force it on us.

If they implement client restriction on legacy doesnt mean we cant have alts, its only not all 10+ (which are often non patron) at the same time. So in the end it wont have as big influence on the economy as some always claim

Precisely. I will switch over to logging and mining to make up for alt losses if it does become more rewarding, but I seriously doubt we lose that many alts, just the exploits that come with multi-boxing. (like the afk arena exploiters below)

Dougs
08-20-2019, 03:11 PM
This should be clear by now, but anyway:

The game is balanced around everyone owning 1 account and getting 1 account worth of labor a day (Social number restriction in Korea). If you can't find a way to implement this mechanic here, the entire labor system is exploitable.

I'm not jumping on the train if this issue can't be resolved.

reddevil
08-20-2019, 03:20 PM

The game is balanced around everyone owning 1 account and getting 1 account worth of labor a day (Social number restriction in Korea). If you can't find a way to implement this mechanic here, the entire labor system is exploitable.

Before some gonna say...but but in KR they have alts too!
There is a big difference between 1-4 alts and 10+ and a difference having them online all at the same time abusing the game and destroying others gameplay in events etc

mikroman
08-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Yepp. Stones will have higher prices... like more than 11 copper? Its an economic disaster. Alts destroy economy and the game. Don't try to save wrong system. this is/was the laziness and greed of trino. Its not "culture".

This is Archeage now:

its looks like "fun".

Venathys
08-20-2019, 03:53 PM

This solution doesn't work in an NA/EU environment. Korea is managing Korea as a zone and just Korea. NA/EU has to potentially manage 50+ countries (e.g. I play from Australia and my friend played from Venezuela) all with different laws and different ways or limitations to identifying their citizens which some of this may not even be legal in some countries.

Dougs
08-20-2019, 05:05 PM
This solution doesn't work in an NA/EU environment. Korea is managing Korea as a zone and just Korea. NA/EU has to potentially manage 50+ countries (e.g. I play from Australia and my friend played from Venezuela) all with different laws and different ways or limitations to identifying their citizens which some of this may not even be legal in some countries.

I'm not saying that we should replicate what the Koreans do. Just pointing out how the game was designed to work. If there isn't any other mechanic able to prevent people from abusing alts (And people will, jezz it's 20 euros for 1 box for eternity), game will stay broken and never reach the potencial it has.

Venathys
08-20-2019, 06:16 PM
Real Question.

What is the Archepass?
What is going to be in the Archepass?
How much will it be?
Why should I buy one?

Avarina
08-20-2019, 09:20 PM
adding question to above post....

-what currency to buy season pass ? Credit, gold, Euro ? (will make it uneven ?) or with Gilda stars (more even ?)

Celar
08-20-2019, 10:10 PM
I have some questions, they will let us transfer character to the b2p server? Cause eventually the actual servers will get low populated. They will remove the xp lost in case of dead? Cause people wont return to the game if they have a lot of troubles for get the lvl cap before the pk appear to disturb them whole the time and get stucked at lvl 45. And how much will cost the joke of the b2p? Cause like i had read here if i have to pay 20 euro for b2p i prefer spend them in a more recent game than in archeage. Cause when usually gamingo takes a control of any game is cause it is close to the end. Dont get angry for my questions are just my point of view.

Realm Ervine
08-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Loving the idea of a Non P2W version but theres a few issues i feel need to be done to make it possible. Coming from someone who played Alpha's at the very beginning and played most of the best times in AA(imo) till around 3.0.

1. Labor/alt issues. Most alts are made to counter the glaringly apparent labor issues in the game. If you remove labor from the equation and balance around that, you can have a much more free economy and everything involving labor will balance out. Nothing will determine whats best to farm or grind since it'll all come eventually based on players wants and needs.

2. Instanced housing. This is what i imagine when you say everyone will get a house etc. This right here can make or break the economy if not dealt with correctly. If we go with instanced housing whats the maximum land tileage we are allowed to claim 4 claims? 6? 8? What about incrementing tax amounts? Alts were also great for reducing taxes. We can remove or just increase the land amount limit but by how much without having some person having 20 24*24 plots full or larders.

3. Make Achievements a must have!! For many of the paid services from the other version. That haul upgrade, that glider, that mount, pets, housing and farming plots. All these things that gave people advantages through the cashshop can be fixed and added to the game through playing the game how it was intended in a fair environment.

Now I'm not saying what I'm pointing our are the best options but the 3 main points to look at. Other things I'd consider are what versions of the gearing systems will be available. Crafting only? Ayanad library (personal favorite before shortspear nerf). Or most current armor system that I feel is the worst introduced. Why not just throw more stuff from the cashshop into the gilda store or gilda island area(name forgotten by me). Removing dailies, Dailies are just reasons to force players to play everyday for statistics and making players feel like theres more people then there really is. Dailies just wear people out, im talking about the log in rewards and the like. Events are a seperate matter and feel are a core of the gameplay and shouldn't be adjusted.

Islyn
08-20-2019, 11:47 PM
Loving the idea of a Non P2W version but theres a few issues i feel need to be done to make it possible. Coming from someone who played Alpha's at the very beginning and played most of the best times in AA(imo) till around 3.0.

1. Labor/alt issues. Most alts are made to counter the glaringly apparent labor issues in the game. If you remove labor from the equation and balance around that, you can have a much more free economy and everything involving labor will balance out. Nothing will determine whats best to farm or grind since it'll all come eventually based on players wants and needs.

2. Instanced housing. This is what i imagine when you say everyone will get a house etc. This right here can make or break the economy if not dealt with correctly. If we go with instanced housing whats the maximum land tileage we are allowed to claim 4 claims? 6? 8? What about incrementing tax amounts? Alts were also great for reducing taxes. We can remove or just increase the land amount limit but by how much without having some person having 20 24*24 plots full or larders.

3. Make Achievements a must have!! For many of the paid services from the other version. That haul upgrade, that glider, that mount, pets, housing and farming plots. All these things that gave people advantages through the cashshop can be fixed and added to the game through playing the game how it was intended in a fair environment.

Now I'm not saying what I'm pointing our are the best options but the 3 main points to look at. Other things I'd consider are what versions of the gearing systems will be available. Crafting only? Ayanad library (personal favorite before shortspear nerf). Or most current armor system that I feel is the worst introduced. Why not just throw more stuff from the cashshop into the gilda store or gilda island area(name forgotten by me). Removing dailies, Dailies are just reasons to force players to play everyday for statistics and making players feel like theres more people then there really is. Dailies just wear people out, im talking about the log in rewards and the like. Events are a seperate matter and feel are a core of the gameplay and shouldn't be adjusted.

I will NEVER go there if Instanced housing. That makes game look dead.

Islyn
08-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Yepp. Stones will have higher prices... like more than 11 copper? Its an economic disaster. Alts destroy economy and the game. Don't try to save wrong system. this is/was the laziness and greed of trino. Its not "culture".

This is Archeage now:

its looks like "fun".

It looks like those are your alts. Are they?

mikroman
08-20-2019, 11:54 PM
It looks like those are your alts. Are they?

Nope. This is standard T1 hiram gear set. its quests rewards and easy to get items. It looks like "Master and the minions", but that is not true. :)
(Multiaccount users will not use "hard races" to farm lvl50+ contents. Warborn/dwarf got free lvl30)

Tham2
08-21-2019, 12:58 AM
I think that when they said "Housing for everyone", it means there 's no need to be premium (patron) to build a house. They will disable this restriction.
I can't imagine they consider a instancied housing...

Alonathereal
08-21-2019, 01:00 AM
CTRL ALT DEL is back in Action :D Here ist Speckisbaby, all old CTRL ALT DEL and Black Swans write us :D
https://discord.gg/RyDN8zs

Lady Arisha
08-21-2019, 02:55 AM
I think the p2w aspects are built-in due te request of the Publisher, not by developer.
I remember TERA where some changes were made to crafting you could do better etchings and so on, nice idea and hard to get the really high-end etchings as materials were hard to collect. but Publishers came in and sold them, the real high previous materials in shop or crates, so it got all ridiculous.
Now the Basic raw materials are expensive, and the high materials are sold for low price, no sense in ever crafting them by yourself. or better, absolute stupid if anyone would craft.

XLGames has no say on how monetization works in other regions. They sold the rights to Trion (now gamigo) and they have right to do whatever they please with the game. In no case XL can ever came out and say ''add this to your cash shop'' or ''we will changing this mechanic to this only for your region''. Thats not how game licensing works.

If Trion requires a special mechanic to be implemented to their own region, they request it from XL, depends on what was in the contract.

mikroman
08-21-2019, 03:43 AM
Some questions:

1. Races. Main questline and balance XP?
Dwarf and Warborn have XP (= caharacter level) and gear advantages in main questline. Do you fix it in new AA servers/patch? Or do we get 4 old races in the beginning?

2. Castles and housing area in castle zones?
When will castle zones open? What conditions will we have to coplete to unlock castle "rush"? Or do we have houing areas without castles in the starting days? Do we get all auroria materials in day1? (auroria mineral water, flaming logs, stone wall and ores in Exeloch?)

3. "Broken" old server contents and events
Do we get all gamebreaker contents in new server too? Like it was family fishing and kadum bark in the last "fresh start"? New weak point: blue salt bond farming (honor or delphinad-ayanad items with alts)

4. vanity items:
What word "vanity" means in your dictionary? Stat/proficiency bonus plushy gear is vanity? (no, its hard p2w). Your "small advantage" consumables in cash hop or passes means 5-10-20% or doubled Xp, Doubled Vocation, Doubled drop rate, high-end alchemy, printing, cooking consumables without any in game proficiency limit? Do you sell building management titles and upgrade tickets in cash shop? (monopoly of land trade and huge economic advantages) Do you sell cash shop farms and houses (or worst: house kits) in cash shop?

YalTheCat
08-21-2019, 03:43 AM
XLGames has no say on how monetization works in other regions. They sold the rights to Trion (now gamigo) and they have right to do whatever they please with the game. In no case XL can ever came out and say ''add this to your cash shop'' or ''we will changing this mechanic to this only for your region''. Thats not how game licensing works.

If Trion requires a special mechanic to be implemented to their own region, they request it from XL, depends on what was in the contract.

Sort of but with one addendum, XL-Games create the assets, without those Gamego have nothing to work with. So far that I am aware of no asset's have been unique to our region they have all appeared on the Korean build first.

Avarina
08-21-2019, 03:53 AM
I will NEVER go there if Instanced housing. That makes game look dead. +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 couldnt agree more

-Achivements or quests for upgrades ...would make it more fun imo.
(also, imo. quest for 16x16 should be changed back to crossing the sea Again, remember the thrill of sailing across in my Little boat...and actually make it across alive the 2nd time around...)

Avarina
08-21-2019, 03:59 AM
Sort of but with one addendum, XL-Games create the assets, without those Gamego have nothing to work with. So far that I am aware of no asset's have been unique to our region they have all appeared on the Korean build first.

Havnt looked into this myself - is there a Korean version of the new b2p server announced aswell ?

Rippex
08-21-2019, 04:34 AM
i want model like b2p but come on i will not just switch to new model to lose all what i have worked over years and years lol better then go and play other game there A.I.R will be out prety soon so why i need switch the same game and lose all i got lol....lets split ppl in 3 parts legacy ..fresh...NEW AA :D and make game die faster lol cuz there every where will be lack of ppl ...bad idea u should just change model on already existing game and not make new one...

C00lit
08-21-2019, 04:48 AM

Its becoming increasingly obvious now the dust has settled that alts and fears over p2w are the number one roadblocks for people who want to come back and reinvest in the game.

Now that gamigo is not having to monetise labour on the Unchained server what purpose does it really serve? Surely it would be better to find a way to balance the game and remove it or reduce the number of interactions that require it.

If gamigo can find a fix for the alt situation and continue with the ethical non p2w store this could genuinely be the rebirth of AA in the west, failure to address these concerns and its just another forgettable FS server sadly. Its commendable that they appear to genuinely be trying to improve the situation though :cool:

This would completely change the dynamic of the game and I'd imagine make alts less attractive in the process, having to earn your labour cap through achievements that takes a significant time investment, there's a though :rolleyes:

YalTheCat
08-21-2019, 04:57 AM
Havnt looked into this myself - is there a Korean version of the new b2p server announced aswell ?

Read the FAQ again, the game will basically be the same, the assets (graphics etc) in the game are all created by XL-Games.

YalTheCat
08-21-2019, 04:58 AM
Its becoming increasingly obvious now the dust has settled that alts and fears over p2w are the number one roadblocks for people who want to come back and reinvest in the game.

Now that gamigo is not having to monetise labour on the Unchained server what purpose does it really serve? Surely it would be better to find a way to balance the game and remove it or reduce the number of interactions that require it.

If gamigo can find a fix for the alt situation and continue with the ethical non p2w store this could genuinely be the rebirth of AA in the west, failure to address these concerns and its just another forgettable FS server sadly. Its commendable that they appear to genuinely be trying to improve the situation though :cool:

Surely if you remove all the things that make Archeage unique, it's a different game?

C00lit
08-21-2019, 05:14 AM
Surely if you remove all the things that make Archeage unique, it's a different game?

This is something the devs will need to weigh up, all we can do is give them feedback.

se7en
08-21-2019, 05:43 AM
1) Will there be SEA servers?
1.1) If not, will Ping-reducers be allowed?

2) How do you plan to prevent RWT? What about using multiple accounts to feed gold into main account?

There could be only one possible solution for that, and that solution would actually prevent any form of p2w as well.

Disable TRADE between players. Add min/max values of an item in AuctionHouse. Simple as that, ppl wont be able to transfer gold/items between characters. Hereafter Stone in Auction House? Cant be lower than 1 silver, cant be more than 1 gold ? That simple change on both "ArcheAges" would prevent gold sellers. Mailbox is a bit more complicated but possible to actually prevent to send items worth more than X. Having to send 100 mails when someone buys 1000g gold on 3rd party site would actually stop them from doing that ;)

RimX
08-21-2019, 06:28 AM
There could be only one possible solution for that, and that solution would actually prevent any form of p2w as well.

Disable TRADE between players. Add min/max values of an item in AuctionHouse. Simple as that, ppl wont be able to transfer gold/items between characters. Hereafter Stone in Auction House? Cant be lower than 1 silver, cant be more than 1 gold ? That simple change on both "ArcheAges" would prevent gold sellers. Mailbox is a bit more complicated but possible to actually prevent to send items worth more than X. Having to send 100 mails when someone buys 1000g gold on 3rd party site would actually stop them from doing that ;)

it wont called sandbox if it will be like this. 3rd party gold sellers will always be around and find ways to increase their profit, including alts and bots. Nonetheless, B2P will lesser their number. Gamigo should focus on preventive measures, banning bots and gold sellers and increasing labor regen rate. this way the economy can be healthy - My 2 Cents