PDA

View Full Version : Supporting DPS friends: Healer vs Raidbreaker

Conjecture
09-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Hey, I am a long-time Archeage player who is super hyper for Unchained.
My favorite class overall in Archeage is Skullknight (or was in the older updates)

My current dilemma is trying to find relevance for my group and for in-game content.
Almost all of my group will be the following:
> Darkrunners (>70%)
> Mages

But very few will be traditional healers(probably 0) or tanks (besides a battlerage-hybrid)

So I currently am in the crossroads of fate.
When I used to play actively pre 3.0 Archeage's Healers were terrible.
They had amazing healing, were hard to kill, and win almost every PvP battle singlehandedly.
But they were not very fun or dynamic (You press Conversion shield > Anthitheseis)

And from reading my favorite class (Skullknight) lost access to consistent small-scale DPS(mana stars)
And Defense is a lot more poop in terms of being useful for non-battlerage classes(no shield slam stun, bull rush doesn't silence)

TL/DR: If you had a group of friends who are selfish DPS classes would a tank or a healer be more useful in your opinion?

P.S: I hope you all enjoy Unchained I'm super excited

Stormed
09-28-2019, 04:14 AM
Healer, In my opinion. You will need a few healers really before tanks will be very crucial, as mistakes WILL be made given you have so many melee and you are absolutely going to be needed to help forgive some of those. I honestly dont know the size of your squad. So if theres a lot of yall, see if you can at the very least convince some of those dark runners to go blighters/blade dancers in order to bring more to the group.

In regards to dynamics of healings, it definitely looks a lot cooler than it once did thanks to the different combos they have now (unless you templar)
Should you end up a lone healer amongst a selfish bunch id recommend checking out vitalism/occultism/X for the aoe healing.

Conjecture
09-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Healer, In my opinion. You will need a few healers really before tanks will be very crucial, as mistakes WILL be made given you have so many melee and you are absolutely going to be needed to help forgive some of those. I honestly dont know the size of your squad. So if theres a lot of yall, see if you can at the very least convince some of those dark runners to go blighters/blade dancers in order to bring more to the group.

In regards to dynamics of healings, it definitely looks a lot cooler than it once did thanks to the different combos they have now (unless you templar)
Should you end up a lone healer amongst a selfish bunch id recommend checking out vitalism/occultism/X for the aoe healing.

Thanks for the input.
I have a lot of friends(>15) "playing" but the ones who will stay for more than 1 week are the following:
2-3 Darkrunners
1 Abolisher
1 Archer

and potentially 1 mage

So you might be right.