PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Connectivity Issues on 9/3

Scapes
09-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Following last night's ISP maintenance, our overnight team has confirmed a DDoS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS) that is currently aimed at Trion's services. We're actively working with our ISP partners and the authorities on both mitigating its effects and ensuring this group gets caught.

Our live games are up and ArcheAge's Open Beta is going forward as planned. While the attack persists, there may be some effects on network stability and some website unavailability. You also may need to use the Resend Code option for our login security if the email doesn't reach you at first.

We'll keep you informed as the situation evolves.

NhiFayte
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
that sucks x.x

Simply
09-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I am anxious to play.. n.n

Maejohl
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Bound to be Putin.

Perche
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
in steam too? that is the cause for no archeage pack in steam yet?

Amdur
09-04-2014, 09:39 AM
10 bucks the DDoS come from russians!

Drunkngod
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
San Francisco is getting hammered ATM...

http://map.ipviking.com/ Best website evah!!!

BasiliskEye
09-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Judging the timing of when the attack started last night, it's probably 4chan throwing a fit over the patch notes.
They attempt to LOIC anything that makes them even slightly salty.

calicartel
09-04-2014, 09:46 AM
San Francisco is getting hammered ATM...

http://map.ipviking.com/ Best website evah!!!

very cool
will use a lot

Lahel
09-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I just think that is most easy to say "DDoS" than say "sorry, somethings go wrong"

I feel that everytime a server have a problem, they say DDoS. but if you say so.

-sorry, my english suck-

Sessia
09-04-2014, 10:04 AM
I just think that is most easy to say "DDoS" than say "sorry, somethings go wrong"

I feel that everytime a server have a problem, they say DDoS. but if you say so.

-sorry, my english suck-

I really don't think that is how companies operate.

Versillius
09-04-2014, 10:54 AM

-sorry, my english suck-

There is most definately a DDOS attack going on... and it's not limited to just Trion's services and websites.

Rangers
09-04-2014, 10:59 AM
finally got ingame for a bit, got a bit laggy, then dced, forums down, error 205 in Glyph.... Anyone else have the same? Guess so many ppl trying to log in and play with only very few servers and huge qeues etc...

rocdog
09-04-2014, 11:00 AM

-sorry, my english suck-

It's not so much your English that's the problem, it's the talking out your ♥♥♥.

kickbar
It's probably other MMO companies hiring hackers to perform these attacks in order to destroy the game's reputation from the start, thus reducing their competition.

NZ1
http://i.imgur.com/ZoHdZDY.jpg

those arent meteors

Rangers
09-04-2014, 11:01 AM

Is it me, or are they all from Hong kong / japan / asia area?

corpsetaker
09-04-2014, 11:02 AM

-sorry, my english suck-

Looking at the map now, san fran is getting hit hard

Jim
09-04-2014, 11:02 AM
It's not so much your English that's the problem, it's the talking out your ♥♥♥.
Yes, The Mouth Of Trion would never lie to us. I got a bridge to sell you.

Griffith
09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
is this why when i try to log in it tells me that it's having a network connection error? I've been getting that all morning.

Rangers
09-04-2014, 11:05 AM
is this why when i try to log in it tells me that it's having a network connection error? I've been getting that all morning.

I would imagine so Griff

Dominic1354
09-04-2014, 11:05 AM
san francisco is getting hammered atm...

http://map.ipviking.com/ best website evah!!!

holy ♥♥♥♥ in a bucket

Kiyoko
09-04-2014, 11:06 AM
There is most definately a DDOS attack going on... and it's not limited to just Trion's services and websites.
Don't chalk up to maliciousness when you can chalk up to stupidity.

Given when the services were not available, 6 hours ago, the routing to Trion just stopped at comcast. If it's been confirmed as a DDOS, it's likely not as targeted as you think it is. Fremont has a lot of the data centers, so anyone could be a target.

Rangers
09-04-2014, 11:06 AM
If it's the competiton, then they are looking scared AA will be a huge success, if not, then must be a bunch of ♥♥♥ wipes bored out of the box's?

Zhadara
09-04-2014, 11:08 AM

Beat me to it LOL

Palinore
09-04-2014, 11:19 AM

Yes, that can easily be the issue as I was experiencing the same problem. Since then I've been able to log in though.

Rhiaden
09-04-2014, 11:21 AM
It's probably other MMO companies hiring hackers to perform these attacks in order to destroy the game's reputation from the start, thus reducing their competition.

Yes....that seems like the most likely possibility................:rolleyes:

hawkmyg
09-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Sad this hasn't been fixed yet. Get job Trion way to go!

0nce
09-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Sad this hasn't been fixed yet. Get job Trion way to go!

Yes. Let them wave their magic wand...

BlackFox
09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Lol I hope its all sorted out by time i leave work.

Jovann001
09-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes, yes it does! So stop talking, you look less stupid that way!

dratha
09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
that ipviking is a trip

Nehuy
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM

those arent meteors

but but but the servers are in austin O_o

Sureal
09-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Since 1am I got thrown out and could not log in evidently because of this, so I go to bed and it is now 9am and now, glyph gives me a pop up saying verify username and password (ok) and a never endling loop movie now plays. Maybe there is something somewhere and I missed this, but I see nothing in current known issues or this post with any updates (although when I google this problem, I see many other posts on OTHER web sites of people having this issue)

Can there please be some update on this so at least a person knows what is happening. Head start isn't really turning out to be much of a head start, but an update would be nice on actual known issues, instead of a couple issues listed that aren't even as high priority as not being able to play at all....

MMOSoul
09-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Following last night's ISP maintenance, our overnight team has confirmed a DDoS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS) that is currently aimed at Trion's services. We're actively working with our ISP partners and the authorities on both mitigating its effects and ensuring this group gets caught.

Our live games are up and ArcheAge's Open Beta is going forward as planned. While the attack persists, there may be some effects on network stability and some website unavailability. You also may need to use the Resend Code option for our login security if the email doesn't reach you at first.

We'll keep you informed as the situation evolves.

It's wasn't me mommy, it was DDoS. You think anyone really believes that lame ♥♥♥ excuse for your failures???? What kind of ♥♥♥♥ing noobs are you???

Tamaera
09-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Entire family ( 3 accounts paid as Patrons) are having the same issue this morning as Sureal - someone please look into this and post some information on it - Thank you.

Kjetl
09-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Good grief...

All you nooblet-DDOS-deniers go look up lizard squad and their activities for the past 3 months...

Edit: same issues as above here -- log in, see the video, am told authentication failed. Also intermittent problems getting to the forums.

MrNice
09-13-2014, 09:32 AM
I just want to know what will happen with all who spent money to start 4 days earlier ...

TheMaker387
09-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Is this still ongoing? Any updates? I'm in Washington, DC (Comcast) - just tried to log in and get the "can't authenticate" message before seeing the extended video.

Dubblebass
09-13-2014, 09:50 AM
I am having the same issues. Authentication failed, plays video in an endless loop. Suck that I can't get mad at Trion for this. :P

ravinchef
09-13-2014, 09:51 AM
i keep getting the same error code and i bought the Archeum patron.

orix
09-15-2014, 06:55 AM
So much for gathering my crops this morning before going to work!

Login to Glyph; start ArcheAge; and watch video over and over and over... finally give up and close program.
Login to Glyph; start ArcheAge; and watch video over and over and over... finally give up and close program.
Oh **** time to go to work!

Memerto
09-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Deja v much?