PDA

View Full Version : A Viable Siren

Ruse
04-21-2014, 08:07 PM
The Songcraft tree plays on an archetype not a lot of games touch, and I want to take advantage of it. Starting there, I want to build a "Siren" character, running with that theme but (hopefully! :rolleyes: ) not gimping myself.

So two trees look perfect for this:

Songcraft (music, derp)
Witchcraft (water, voicestuff)

^Those two do have some nice control synergy, especially with Witchcraft having the option to extend fears and sleeps. I'm stuck on my third tree, though.

I'm hoping that the spot healing + other buffs will be satisfying to me, since I usually play full healers.

PROPOSED BUILD
I quickly put this (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=811101111111111101011000101010110130000000 100000000) together. Thoughts? The idea is for speeding up trade runs and small-scale skirmishes.

Wake Up used preemptively in PvP engagements, Strong Will if I get stunned, Horn of the Advance if teammates are CC'ed. Channel all my songs (which should persist 10 seconds past when I stop casting them), interrupting that to use CCs.

Ruse
04-25-2014, 05:49 PM
OK, having seen that all but the last song can be channeled concurrently, updated build. :) Really like some input.

rodde
04-25-2014, 06:18 PM
i have a good build for you, very efficient for pvp and good for trading AND it's some kind of singer=> sorcery/conjury/artistry

Akaratsu
04-25-2014, 06:27 PM
This is honestly really interesting! Definitely gives off that "Siren" vibe :D. The fact that you've poured so many points into the Artistry class will definitely prove useful for alternating between skills to always have a song playing for your team. At the same time, your heavy focus on support skills definitely gnawed away at your ability to go up against majority of damage classes (I know. I'm contradicting what I just said about the usefulness of so many points in Artistry). But then again, you are going for a full support build, so as long as you're okay with being super team oriented, this class should work really well. I'm not so sure if Strong Will may prove to be a frequent spam skill for you, considering you already have a few debuff removers, and it's quite likely that someone else in your group will have some skill to remove stuns.

One thing I really want to point out is that your third class option, Will, is pretty much wasted. This really goes back to the point that you've put so many points into Artistry. In the Will tree, Power of Life could prove very useful for buffing up the tank in your group, or giving more security to a weaker member of the group. Also, since you are going to be a backbone to your group, keeping people alive and buffed, it might help to take Unbeatable to prevent a pesky enemy from silencing you and prevent you from saving your friends. I suppose it all depends on what your going to be focusing on the most. If its going to be mostly trade runs, stick with what you have. But if you want to have more security in those team fights, don't let your Will tree go to waste.
(Also, don't forget those surprise attacks from players wanting those all important trade packs! Another Will skill or two could come in handy for those situations.)

ViteLock
04-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I wish you the best of luck in finding a good combo! I would help but sadly I don't know much about the class combos.

Ruse
04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
i have a good build for you, very efficient for pvp and good for trading AND it's some kind of singer=> sorcery/conjury/artistry

That's not really much to go on ... :p

This is honestly really interesting! Definitely gives off that "Siren" vibe :D. The fact that you've poured so many points into the Artistry class will definitely prove useful for alternating between skills to always have a song playing for your team.

Watching skill videos on ArcheAge Source, all the songs save the CC break one can be run concurrently. Granted that's the Russian version I think, so I'm hoping it's the same here or I may have to rethink some things.

And yeah, I'll be playing with at least my spouse all the time and hopefully with some other RL friends regularly, so I'm fine being ... shall we say lackluster on my own. I will check out some of your other suggestions, I'm not familiar with how frequent anti-stun stuff is but I like the idea of an anti-silence for sure.

Akaratsu
04-25-2014, 08:17 PM
The need for anti-stuns will really depend upon your positioning in a fight, and whether or not your team mates can keep enemies away from you. Keeping Strong Will could definitely help if you find yourself dealing with a ton of stuns. Flip things around a bit and let us know what you come up with!

And btw, supports really are crucial to any good team; they truly are the backbone of the team (as are tanks <3). I've never seen them as "lackluster". It's just that they focus their potential in other areas compared to the standard "SWING THAT SWORD! FIRE THAT SPELL!" classes. Perhaps some additional damage spells will help balance out your solo and team performance :D.