PDA

View Full Version : Is being a Pirate a valid profession?

Christalah
04-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Will I potentially gain enough wood to cancel loss? Can I take enemy ships as prizes? If yes, how long can I keep control of them? If I destroy them, do I get enough loot for the effort to be worth it? Does this game have inventory drop? Would I be able to take and sell/use their trade packs? I had heard you only get 60% of a trade pack if you loot it, is that enough to turn in?

Sorry for the flurry of questions, I'm really interested in this and.... probably gonna be starting a crew soon. :P

VMBarbosa
04-21-2014, 11:21 PM
You can take enemy ships for 15-30~ minutes before it despawns but the owner of the boat can see the location of the boat on their maps. You can destroy the boats you take for resources such as wood and it gives a pretty good amount even worth more if the ship you took over had trade packs on it as well. No inventory drop. You can take their packs for yourself and sell them. And the 60/40 isn't implemented in the alpha and I truly hope they don't add it.

Overall I would not suggest becoming a pirate. You will be sent to jail constantly after being killed. You will no longer belong to a faction and will be able to killed practically anywhere.

Chiyeung
04-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Can one be a mercenary? Is it possible to kill people and gain crime points, but also regain points so that you don't become a criminal ?

VMBarbosa
04-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Can one be a mercenary? Is it possible to kill people and gain crime points, but also regain points so that you don't become a criminal ?

Yes you can do dailies to reduce crime points! Everyone should do these even if you aren't a mercenary so you can avoid going to jail and keep those crime points low.

Christalah
04-21-2014, 11:44 PM
So being a pirate isn't a valid profession, or you just dont like the idea of them existing? I'm not sure if you're biased or giving your opinion on if it can be done to be successful?

VMBarbosa
04-21-2014, 11:47 PM
So being a pirate isn't a valid profession, or you just dont like the idea of them existing? I'm not sure if you're biased or giving your opinion on if it can be done to be successful?

I like the idea of pirates existing but the benefits do not outweigh the risks. But in the end it is up to personal preference. I am just letting you know what will happen if you become a part of the pirate faction.

quazimon
04-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi, man.
Pirate = fun, pvp. It's cool, but everybody will attack u.

NeonWhiteKnight
04-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Question: Say Im nuian and I have a full nuian/elf guild, if we attack a ship from the opposing continent, do we still gain crime points? I've also heard of seven factions, one of which your guild has to belong to. If this is indeed true, can I not attack other factions' ships without gaining crime points? I was thinking of running a guild that was more of a privateer syle organization; a guild dedicated to disrupting enemy trade and claiming it for our own side.

Ceh
04-22-2014, 01:14 AM
From what I've read, on the Korean servers the Pirate faction became so popular that even the largest guilds had to pay gold to the pirates in return for safety across the sea while trading, or else risk being ganked by overwhelming numbers.

VMBarbosa
04-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Question: Say Im nuian and I have a full nuian/elf guild, if we attack a ship from the opposing continent, do we still gain crime points? I've also heard of seven factions, one of which your guild has to belong to. If this is indeed true, can I not attack other factions' ships without gaining crime points? I was thinking of running a guild that was more of a privateer syle organization; a guild dedicated to disrupting enemy trade and claiming it for our own side.

You won't get Crime Points for killing someone from the enemy faction. Only from your own faction and that's if someone reports the blood spots.

Wolfie
04-22-2014, 02:05 AM
And what is the point of using the ship 15-30 minutes? I thought that once we take it we have it forever, until we die or someone else steals it.

Bubasparks
04-22-2014, 02:54 AM
And what is the point of using the ship 15-30 minutes? I thought that once we take it we have it forever, until we die or someone else steals it.
well lets say you stole the ship with packs or fish cargo, so this 15-30 mins is for you to go somewhere and trade those for gold or stars.

on topic, there is no point to be a pirate for now, no normal benefits, i hope it will be changed soon

Acolerd
04-22-2014, 03:13 AM
becomeing a pirate could be the fastest way to being good at pvp

madmaru
04-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Pirating is fun. Being in the pirate faction is not. You can do everything related to pirating without getting flagged as a pirate if you manage your crime points properly.

Loss of your ship will require an alchemy item to fix and is more a matter of buying it off AH or crafting one. Wood is not used to fix a destroyed ship.

Ships will only stay spawned for like 10 minutes without the owner present or someone on the wheel.

Destroying them is more to deny the owner access to them, you only get a few beams off the wreck. If you destroy a ship with packs or fish in the storage those will drop for anyone to loot though.

The only player inventory drops are if players have tradepacks. When one drops you are free to pick it up and sell it the same way any other tradepack is sold. The 60% of its value is just a bad rumor made by some poll/post on the forums. The value of tradepacks are based on what the pack is and where it is sold and how many of the same pack has been sold at that location.

Christalah
04-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Pirating is fun. Being in the pirate faction is not.

Can you explain to me the difference, and why it is not?

KeksX
04-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Can you explain to me the difference, and why it is not?
Just do a forum search, plenty of threads about this already.

Jred09
04-22-2014, 05:30 PM
being a pirate right now is not smart now one to back u up

Daniel12
04-22-2014, 06:24 PM
From what I've read, on the Korean servers the Pirate faction became so popular that even the largest guilds had to pay gold to the pirates in return for safety across the sea while trading, or else risk being ganked by overwhelming numbers.

That sounds pretty epic. Hopefully we see some gameplay footage of this soon.

Zidanic
04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
I question I wanted to know, being a pirate makes them their own faction right?
So two pirate are non hostile to each other, but can they still turn blood rage mode on to kill each other?

Ultima
04-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Answer: Yes. Don't lose or die and you are fine. Even if you do going to prison isn't the end of the world.

Find a good crew also.

#PIRATELIFE

rodde
04-23-2014, 05:46 AM
well at very high levels, when you are fully geared and all..

Christalah
04-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Answer: Yes. Don't lose or die and you are fine. Even if you do going to prison isn't the end of the world.

Find a good crew also.

#PIRATELIFE

See that's what I've been thinking as well. As long as you are good at what you do, don't die, and have fun it seems like it could be a fairly worthwhile endeavor. I mean maybe I wont be the richest player, but with a good crew we could find a way in the 'Verse.

Zenjirr
04-23-2014, 06:41 AM
As a pirate you can:
1. Only NPCs in the pirate island will talk to you. (PVP zones are NEUTRAL NPCs so you're fine)
2. You can build houses wherever you want (the houses on the pirate island are expensive, because through them u can teleport to the RAID).
3. You have few daily quests, which you can repeat.
4. You can interfere and jack some other guilds trying to kill the pirate boss, because the boss and its minions won't attack you. (Some guilds even pay for that).
5. You do not get sent to jail.
6. Pirate ship can be made by anyone, but it's an expensive commodity and it sails FASTER when going to the north.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything and make mistakes xD

Stropaganda
04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Will there be a Pirate King?

Zenjirr
04-23-2014, 07:36 AM

If you want to crown urself.... why not? :D

Zenidiller
04-23-2014, 11:56 PM
I hope there is multiple types of boats, fast and weak, good all around, strong and slow, and maybe slow and holds a ton of stuff. It would make piracy / boat combat interesting for a group of a few boats. make the fast ones catch them, and the others wipe them out. Or just swarm a stronger ship with multiple fast and weak ships in hit and run attacks.

Vhyle
04-24-2014, 06:44 AM
As a pirate you can:
6. Pirate ship can be made by anyone, but it's an expensive commodity and it sails FASTER when going to the north.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything and make mistakes xD

So awesome cause sailing south is for chumps!!! lol

Christalah
04-24-2014, 07:27 AM

There sure as heck will be on MY server >:-)

Leviatan
04-25-2014, 06:22 AM
i will get maximun classes and professions, after that the sea is my world and ill become pirate, ill try to have fun in a big guild it will be awesomenesssss i would like to find a "fruit of devil" though....