PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Open Beta Livestream: 9/9 @ 4:30 PM PDT (GMT-7)

Scapes
09-05-2014, 03:21 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/AA_POSE_FounderPack_ExperimentalGlider_01_952x414. jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-open-beta-livestream)

Join Lead Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss, Associate Producer Amanda "Amary" Fry, and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) for a post-Open Beta livestream. We'll be talking about how our final Beta phase went, what we learned, and what's coming in Head Start, launch, and beyond. We'll also showcase some of the great videos that were captured during Open Beta and the end of Alpha.

ArcheAge Open Beta Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Tuesday, September 9 at 4:30 PM Pacific
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-open-beta-livestream)

Capacity0
09-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks Scapes! Cant wait to hear what you've learned from this open beta, even though its only just begun!

Scapes
09-05-2014, 03:29 PM
For those wondering, this is a postponing of our Open Beta livestream originally announced to be this afternoon. In the interest of providing more useful information to viewers, we decided to have it occur after Open Beta when we'll have more details to share on how the latest changes to the game were received and performed in terms of gameplay data.

Sorry for any confusion!

Defian
09-05-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-open-beta-livestream/ - Says 3 PM on the actual article. 4:30 PM here and in the Steam group event. Clarify! And please moderate the Archeage group chat on steam <.>

Scapes
09-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Website should update to match shortly, Steam article being updated.

Adalon
09-05-2014, 03:34 PM
As long as we get something more than, "We're listening." when every action you take shows this to be false. I look forward to watching.

Oskar
09-05-2014, 03:35 PM
It's once again confirmed that Trion Worlds hates Europe.

Loggy
09-05-2014, 03:35 PM
As long as you don't frigging hash out what we already know and give us zero new information. No need to watch if you just fill in dead air with crap and stuff we already know, answer the hard questions for once instead of saying you will get back to us and never do.

Alkemist78
09-05-2014, 03:52 PM
With all the negativity with recent changes. To have 4 more days of people complaining. Doesn't seem like the right idea.Its just 4 more days of bad press on the internet. Unless you have some miracle changes for the 12th. That still need to be hashed out and you will be announcing on the livestream.
This livestream is gonna be funny to watch I bet.

Infraction
09-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Heat getting to intense, gotta wait it out and hope the angry mobs run away?

Scapes
09-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Heat getting to intense, gotta wait it out and hope the angry mobs run away?

Nope, as mentioned this morning, holding the livestream after Open Beta will probably increase the audience.

Scapes
09-05-2014, 03:55 PM

Unfortunately, this was the window of time our producers were available for the full hour.

Loggy
09-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Scapes since your replying and yet to look at my other post can you answer why they took out the shaft for the fishing boat and now we have no fishing boat in game. Can you add it to cash shop (same as Russian version), I will buy it.

Loggy
09-05-2014, 04:26 PM
BTW Scapes you can mail the trailblazer pack to any player even free to play players, so technically you can sell them to other players

elrostih88
09-05-2014, 04:47 PM
And no Founders pack on Steam still. :/

Kiel
09-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Thank god Amary will be there again to actually TRY and answer the relevant questions honestly. It's very frustrating watching you other two sit there and babble on about non-issues as if you're doing us a favor.

Majiinfreddy
09-06-2014, 12:18 AM
#NoTricksNoTraps

Thanaos
09-06-2014, 01:20 AM
4:30 PM PDT is 1:30 AM in Europe... And it's a weekday, great...

Penance
09-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Thanks alot! You know you have Eu players aswell right? or do you give any ♥♥♥♥s at all? This stream is importants as hell, and now you want me to stay up untill 3am to watch it? on a work day?

The classic american i asume..... Who gives a ♥♥♥♥ about the non americans?

Your persecution complex is showing.

Lizz
09-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Your persecution complex is showing.

Sure, it's way to much asking for a mid-week-stream sooner than 4:30 PM PDT (GMT-7), is 4:30 PM really the earliest possible time for a more or less regular AA-stream?

A couple of hours would make a huge difference.

TheFell
09-06-2014, 03:39 AM
Sure, it's way to much asking for a mid-week-stream sooner than 4:30 PM PDT (GMT-7), is 4:30 PM really the earliest possible time for a more or less regular AA-stream?

A couple of hours would make a huge difference.

I've asked this for AA livestreams since the 2nd livestream but the devs are just ignoring the EU customers...

Nemtekh
09-06-2014, 04:15 AM
I've asked this for AA livestreams since the 2nd livestream but the devs are just ignoring the EU customers...

Hehe AMERICA!! ♥♥♥♥ YEAH!!!

Dotti
09-06-2014, 06:11 AM
And if they keep saying how "awesome" everything is, I will throw a shoe at the screen... Nothing is awesome at the moment people, get with it.

feobroken
09-06-2014, 08:52 AM
So about 12:30am tuesday morning then? kk i shall try to remember to tune in if only to see what "awesome" things you have to say,

Eloctinar
09-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Haha the smell of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ almost covers the stench of americas structural racism versus the world!

Maby we could add an american race in AA that spawns on the North continent, that can't die and has unlimited nukes?

Time is dictated by the position of planet Earth around the sun and the moon around the Earth, not by the Humans living on it...

ilban
09-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Time is dictated by the position of planet Earth around the sun and the moon around the Earth, not by the Humans living on it...

Actually, time is a man-made concept, welcome to the modern world where the earth is round and not the center of the universe. You can go on about relative or static or any type of time. But men divided and made the timezones the way they are.

Also, it's not that hard to have a stream during day time (aka evening for EU) and one during the evening. You got more than the Americans on the menu, you know?

Either way, I wish Trion would start adhere some attention to the community, and especially the EU one who really have been neglected the attention deserved - in many aspects.

Nemtekh
09-07-2014, 12:49 AM

Kids! Here is your standard American, little bit better then others and usualy do not care for anyone outside the US.

Actually, time is a man-made concept, welcome to the modern world where the earth is round and not the center of the universe. You can go on about relative or static or any type of time. But men divided and made the timezones the way they are.

Also, it's not that hard to have a stream during day time (aka evening for EU) and one during the evening. You got more than the Americans on the menu, you know?

Either way, I wish Trion would start adhere some attention to the community, and especially the EU one who really have been neglected the attention deserved - in many aspects.

And on this side, we have a European, a European today is usualy raised that all men are equal.

So kids! todays homework is (Can you figure out who the bad guys is?)

Papers should be returned on monday.

Mediocore
09-07-2014, 04:12 AM
So much hate D:

faceage
09-07-2014, 05:23 AM
So much hate D:

i wonder why.............

ProtosX
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Gonna stay up late for this >,..,<

Mediocore
09-07-2014, 11:02 AM
i wonder why.............
I actually do.

dragonmi0
09-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Gonna stay up late for this >,..,<

Yeah me too, stream at 01.30 in the morning... Ouch this is going to hurt...

Evermore
09-08-2014, 04:40 AM
I'll be watching.

Sigrand
09-08-2014, 06:01 AM
You guys do realize that these streams are saved as VoDs right? You can watch it the next morning or afternoon. You won't be able to ask any questions of your own, but there's a good chance someone else will ask it, and the devs will dodge it anyway. Companies aren't full of these evil employees who unanimously decide to say ♥♥♥♥ an entire continent. If they say that's when they can get everyone for a full hour, then that's that. Waiting until you wake up the next day to watch it won't kill you, I promise. Chill the ♥♥♥♥ out.

ObsessedKarma
09-08-2014, 08:35 AM
I think that everyone is being a bit rude,
i mean you can research other questions that other people may know also if you are watching their stream then it's your problem for whether it is time wasting or not
i know for a fact 75% + of the people watching are just waiting to get their hands on Archuem founders pack, so if you people have such a big problem with the stream and just don't watch it. Appreciate that they are doing it and remember now that it's open beta there are new people watching also i guess some questions could be spoilers and can you answer 100 questions being spammed to you in 45 minutes and not miss one or two ?.

my point is that people please appreciate what they are doing for us rather then just posting hate messages.

Mira Rift
09-08-2014, 08:50 AM
There is nothing keeping someone from starting a thread on the forums of questions they want answered, so the devs will know ahead of time what you want to know, and MAYBE they might address those inquiries on the Livestream.

Lelouis
09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
+1 for Amary being there. By the way, now that you nearly have your full public, when you say "we are currently discussing it with XL" can we actually view the mails/talks that were exchanged so far? Because when you keep saying that you are discussing with someone for 3 months, you are lying because
1: You can't talk with someone for more than 80ish hours without dropping dead from lack of sleep.
2: The company CEO would NEVER allow you to so a long distance call that expensive for so long.
3: Unless you are Ents, No human being speaks with another about an important topic for more than 5-6 hours in a row, at the end of those hours, there is or not a solution being found and the discussion is over. Saying you are in discussion with XL is a lie, it's just impossible, you have to tell us a solution has been found, or none has been, unless you are Ents... Holy ♥♥♥♥.. I just found the thruth... You have just finished saying hello to XL right?

Wolfhammer
09-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks alot! You know you have Eu players aswell right? or do you give any ♥♥♥♥s at all? This stream is importants as hell, and now you want me to stay up untill 3am to watch it? on a work day?

The classic american i asume..... Who gives a ♥♥♥♥ about the non americans?

Calm your ♥♥♥♥ and watch it after work later that day like I do... ♥♥♥♥, if you have that kind of job, watch it at work with a brew.

Gotta be better than frothing all over the forums with that ♥♥♥♥ty attitude.

Shawnikaros
09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
^I came here to say exactly that! Everyone should just calm down and read/watch about the changes in the morning.

Nightscream452
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
All I care about hearing is that they have a fix for the damn disconnection issues that ran rampant though the entire Open Beta! I never had issues staying in the game before this last beta session, couldn't stay logged in longer then 15 minutes max. That is the only announcement I want to hear.

Linni
09-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Scapes please use this extra day to get the team together so you guys can come up with an excuse or answer to give us about why in the world you thought even touching the mounts was a good idea. Mounts are completely BROKEN now. Their speeds were balanced based on their abilities, and now that those speeds are all the same, some mounts are now completely better than others because of their skills. By normalizing mount speeds you completely unbalanced almost every mount in this game.

You have been given enough warning with all the threads talking about just mounts. We expect answers in this livestream!

HelzBelz
09-08-2014, 11:35 AM
A question for the live stream.

Is Trion and XLgames considering reversing the LP pot and Archeum Supply Crate change that has was implemented on 9/4/14? The reason I ask this is because its driven away my friends who I was trying to get into the game and this to them is too much P2W so people keep throwing money at you endlessly to get a major advantage in the game.

Infraction
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Nope, as mentioned this morning, holding the livestream after Open Beta will probably increase the audience.

I'll anxiously await how you spin how wonderful the fixes for this latest build was.

Sadism23
09-08-2014, 01:01 PM
why don't the EU folks post the questions they want answered and that way the people that are there can ask them for you, I am pretty sure the majority of those questions are the same that NA folks want answered

Cirby
09-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Whoo, I get to be home for the last ten minutes!

Pagan
09-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Another question and some requests/comments for the live stream.

Is it possible to remove the Archeum Supply Crate and go back to pre 1.2 loot tables?

This will address most of the archeum woes, make leveling fun again, and give low levels equipment they can use(equip, sell, or salvage for archeum for themselves or to feed the crafters) without having to wait to access dungeons.

As for the lp potions, imo either increase their cooldown and price or better yet get rid of them and just increase regen rates to 15/10 and 10/0.

Regarding land ownership, I really think there needs to be a hard cap as to how many plots an account can hold at any one time. That would help the average player if only by forcing the land barons to turn over their acquisitions in a timely fashion rather than just hoarding as much as their wallets can afford.

This would also increase the holding power of the game for new players as well instead of turning them off, most want the ability to at least foresee the possibility of putting down a large scarecrow so they can complete the vocation quests. At that point most will have decided if they want to mostly be suppliers, crafters, traders, fighters or branch out into piracy.

Please lower the crafting tiers required to use the farmer's workstation for seed bundles or at least make them in tiers of 5k, 10k, 15k, etc rather than starting them at 15k. The higher the tier of seeds the better the return of possible crit items(bait, bales).

This would open up fishing(hopefully the treasure boxes will be returned too!!) for more players and make getting that large scarecrow or a house even more attractive, not to mention make that fishing rod you get at level 15? useable. More fish dishes for buffs would be nice too... also help those cooks get cooking and make that profession hopefully more viable.

Last but not least, if you still feel the need to make essential crafting mats only available by crossing the seas to the other factions, at least make those mats something only the higher level crafts require, not the beginner tiers, that's just plain unsportsmanlike to those who are already disadvantaged by virtue of their lower level and don't have a hope in hell of defending themselves against not only higher level players but also the dangers in the sea, not to mention their much lower earning potential at those lower levels so cannot afford the prices set by those who are able to get them and most guilds do not want to babysit or finance a bunch of newbs once they already have financed a few crafters to meet their guild's needs.

I realize this game is based on a risk/reward or pvp system, however, what risk is there for those who have low levels delivered to their shores? Seriously, I would like to know.

Anaksanamum
09-08-2014, 01:25 PM
free to play can watch ??? how much labor point ???

LoL. the time of stream = my work time. good luck

Sollaen
09-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Can someone please record this and put it on youtube or make a thread about all the answers.

Lizz
09-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Can someone please record this and put it on youtube or make a thread about all the answers.

Or tell you that twitch has a "past broadcasts" function (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/profile/past_broadcasts).

Drakof
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
I tried to build in the designated areas but they were full of Scarecrow garden just sitting empty
so was impossible to build. Please put a limit on how long they can be left, in cbt4 gave up on owning a house. will houses be deleted for opening.

MickeyJ
09-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Having watched numerous videos, I must say I was ready to plop down Founder money this morning until all the reports of the 1.2 cash grab started coming in.

Trion, you have 3 days to straighten this mess out. If by Thursday nothing has changed, you're 1.2 cash grab will have saved me a pile of money, seeing as I see no sense in buying into this game after the Early Access period.

ktaeek
09-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Anyone knows if the recap is up somewhere ?

There is nothing on Trion twitch

Lobselvith
09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I tried to build in the designated areas but they were full of Scarecrow garden just sitting empty
so was impossible to build. Please put a limit on how long they can be left, in cbt4 gave up on owning a house. will houses be deleted for opening.

yes all servers will be wiped for headstart / release!

Sollaen
09-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Or tell you that twitch has a "past broadcasts" function (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/profile/past_broadcasts).

Omg, why did I not know that. Thank you very much!

Wolfhammer
09-09-2014, 12:48 AM

Every stream is saved... Just go to Trions Twitch page and watch them anytime you like. This is the reason I scratch my head when my fellow EU players lose their minds about the time these things are streamed.

Wolfhammer
09-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Anyone knows if the recap is up somewhere ?

There is nothing on Trion twitch

Lol it hasnt happened yet... Its later today

ktaeek
09-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Lol it hasnt happened yet... Its later today

hmm just noticed =)

Imgrisch
09-09-2014, 02:38 AM
Come on guys I am from Europe as well and even if you don't happen to have time to watch it live I am pretty sure that you will be able to watch it on youtube later on, or at least read about the most important anouncments.

garfield
09-09-2014, 02:51 AM
so beside showcasing videos, or showing off the latest cash shop item, any real news is to be announced? or we gonna have more of the "we're listening" "we're discussing with XLgames".
Will they have the balls to explain why changes not sanctioned by the community are making through the release (mount speed nerfs, archeum through cash shop, removal of many elements of game, etc.).

LickTheStick
09-09-2014, 03:17 AM
Is there a Video from the livestream ? Cant finde any on twitch.

Ohh and the hate, what you expect, if you wanna foul player do it after the launch but not before.

Just tell em what the wanna hear, after the launch you have enough time to ♥♥♥ it up. Now you need to deal with the crowed. Stupid.

Limka
09-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Is there a Video from the livestream ? Cant finde any on twitch.

Ohh and the hate, what you expect, if you wanna foul player do it after the launch but not before.

Just tell em what the wanna hear, after the launch you have enough time to ♥♥♥ it up. Now you need to deal with the crowed. Stupid.

The Livestream hasn't started yet.

Look at the time

4:30 PM PDT == GMT +02 Time (Local): 1:30 AM (1:30) Next Day

Sativa
09-09-2014, 03:26 AM
The Livestream hasn't started yet.

Oh.. so it's GMT+7 and not -7 as the thread title suggests?

Sollaen
09-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Every stream is saved... Just go to Trions Twitch page and watch them anytime you like. This is the reason I scratch my head when my fellow EU players lose their minds about the time these things are streamed.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

European players could still be annoyed that they do not have the chance to ask questions in chat, but I just want to hear what they have to say ^^.

Limka
09-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Oh.. so it's GMT+7 and not -7 as the thread title suggests?

GMT-7 is right, they are 7 hours behind GMT ;)

LickTheStick
09-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Ohh just saw it ist 01.30 AM in Germany

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=16.5

Limka
09-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Ohh just saw it ist 01.30 AM in Germany

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=16.5

Yes that's right, nice time for us Germans :(

Gondock
09-09-2014, 03:39 AM
My one and only question. Is trion going to reverse the changes to the cash shop on Lp potion and archeum supply create? Answer that question correctly and you will get 64 new patrons come launch.

Medura
09-09-2014, 03:43 AM
My one and only question. Is trion going to reverse the changes to the cash shop on Lp potion and archeum supply create? Answer that question correctly and you will get 64 new patrons come launch.

they would lose more by reverting it sadly :( good money in those people using 10000$ to create ONE OP item ....

MickeyJ
09-09-2014, 03:55 AM

I'm with you on this one. If they do not revert this by Thursday, no need to install this game. Once the head start has started all the current Patrons will be in end game content before the Official launch on the 16th with the cash shop items.

As it stands now with cash shop you can get 26880 lp /day (less than 2 days to max a profession). Thus during the 4-day head start people will have two maxed professions on a lvl 50 and as much endgame gear as they can buy.

Edit:

Suggestion to fix the current state of the game...

- Remove the Labor Potions from the cash shop.

Labor potions in cash shop basically means you can power level to 50 in next to no time and get a maxed level professions in under 2 days.

- Add Archeneum drops back to high level mob drop tables like they were pre 1.2.

I have no issues with the Archeneum Supply Crates in the store for whales providing the legitimate means of getting the resource are returned to the game. This would allow Trion to make money off the whales (who would still need the skill to make use of their bought gear) and give players a realistic chance to get the resource ingame.

feobroken
09-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Just because that's something you'd do with labor pots and archaeum doesn't mean everyone is gonna do that, in fact most founders i've met don't use either(or maybe they bought 1 or 2 labor pots to help construction of housing with their guilds) and are in zero rush to get to max once the game goes live...in fact why would anyone rush there when a lot of the reasons to do so aren't even active yet(auroria is locked out atm so there's one reason to not bother rushing).

greebo
09-09-2014, 07:56 AM
I fear that in all fairness, I must agree. One isn't supposed to sell one thing, then do the bait n switch at the last minute.

I also see they are asking xlgames to revert to the pre1.2 potion status... which was the MAJOR point of contention.

greebo
09-09-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm with you on this one. If they do not revert this by Thursday, no need to install this game. Once the head start has started all the current Patrons will be in end game content before the Official launch on the 16th with the cash shop items.

As it stands now with cash shop you can get 26880 lp /day (less than 2 days to max a profession). Thus during the 4-day head start people will have two maxed professions on a lvl 50 and as much endgame gear as they can buy.

Edit:

Suggestion to fix the current state of the game...

- Remove the Labor Potions from the cash shop.

Labor potions in cash shop basically means you can power level to 50 in next to no time and get a maxed level professions in under 2 days.

- Add Archeneum drops back to high level mob drop tables like they were pre 1.2.

I have no issues with the Archeneum Supply Crates in the store for whales providing the legitimate means of getting the resource are returned to the game. This would allow Trion to make money off the whales (who would still need the skill to make use of their bought gear) and give players a realistic chance to get the resource ingame.

No. In a competitive game... even the perception of unfairness, will ruin the game. In this game, where conquest long term could be a goal, unfair right from the start? This kind of nonsense can kill a title before it even starts.

Gondock
09-09-2014, 11:50 AM
they would lose more by reverting it sadly :( good money in those people using 10000$ to create ONE OP item ....
Yea but that is one time purchase, more patrons means more incoming cash in the long run. But you are right they probably dont care about that long run ,guess my lowly crew has to go take our business elsewhere.

Evermore
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM
So close to the stream time.

Aliantha
09-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Haha the smell of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ almost covers the stench of americas structural racism versus the world!

Maby we could add an american race in AA that spawns on the North continent, that can't die and has unlimited nukes?

While I can understand that many Americans do things that force the persistence of this worldly image, MOST of us are nice people just like people everywhere in the world. It would be nice for aspersions to be cast at the offending parties and not at 300 million people who do not spend our days acting like anything but good and kind people.

As for how many nukes we have or how much money our country has, I don't see anyone complaining when they need a hand defending themselves or overcoming some great catastrophe. The amount of American blood spent as well as money, time, resources, etc. freely given when needed is just as vast.

Getting slammed all the time for no reason just gets a little tiring. No country is perfect, but there is often a disconnect between what a government does and who the people really are. And before you get the chance to criticize us for electing those leaders, I'm pretty sure politics is the same worldwide and people say whatever they have to in order to get into power - if not then you can pretty much put a line through the word American and replace it with any nationality from time to time.

I realize some people will think I wasted my time posting this, and maybe I did, but it's really just silly to keep perpetuating this.

MrFabulous
09-09-2014, 12:27 PM

Trion = American Company
America = The World To Americans

Therefor Trion Loves The World.

Aliantha
09-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Trion = American Company
America = The World To Americans

Therefor Trion Loves The World.

America only means the world to all/most Americans in the BS propaganda being handed out. Stop it already. I judge people by

1) What's in their heart
2) What's in their head
3) What comes out of their mouth

What geographic land mass they were born in has no meaning whatsoever.

Please just stop.

Gomi
09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Looking forward to the stream. Hopefully we can tackle some of the bigger topics and hear positive compromises.

sjh1174
09-09-2014, 01:13 PM

Haha im an american and I lold

Puff
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
My one and only question: is trion going to reverse the changes to the cash shop on Lp potion and archeum supply create? Answer that question correctly and you will get 64 new patrons come launch. Agreed. I was going to buy patron status for myself and a friend, but these changes reward cash rather than gameplay.

Looking forward to the stream. Hopefully we can tackle some of the bigger topics and hear positive compromises. I think the best compromise they can give is to temporarily disable the offending cash shop items. Claim the items are being reviewed and will be put back into the system at a later date.

Moosegun
09-09-2014, 01:53 PM
How can they do this exactly? I thought each players will be limited to 2 characters on launch? (obviously these couldnt be test in beta as it would have meant deleting too many characters) Even if someone stays up for 24 hours and pops potions on time they can only reach 12k - 14k. Realistically even hardcore players will get 6k-8k per day.

Volomon
09-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Kids! Here is your standard American, little bit better then others and usualy do not care for anyone outside the US.

And on this side, we have a European, a European today is usualy raised that all men are equal.

So kids! todays homework is (Can you figure out who the bad guys is?)

Papers should be returned on monday.

Man these Europeans are whiny ♥♥♥ people. Waaahh why aren't the American's rearranging their lives just for me. Holy ♥♥♥♥ dude get a grip on yourself and find a life.

This explains why Putins rolling all over NATO. Weak whiny people. This world is doomed.

Morpayne
09-09-2014, 02:34 PM
so beside showcasing videos, or showing off the latest cash shop item, any real news is to be announced? or we gonna have more of the "we're listening" "we're discussing with XLgames".
Will they have the balls to explain why changes not sanctioned by the community are making through the release (mount speed nerfs, archeum through cash shop, removal of many elements of game, etc.).

Iv had enough of p2w from age of wulin, whales spending thousands on thier characters and walking around the server like gods gift to skill. If the boxes don't get removed from cash shop I'm gone.

There's always The Repopulation or EQnext to look forward to.

Skibbles
09-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Come on guys I am from Europe as well and even if you don't happen to have time to watch it live I am pretty sure that you will be able to watch it on youtube later on, or at least read about the most important anouncments.

Smart guy. Can't believe people rage about not being able to watch it live because they will be asleep. You can watch it the second you wake up on twitch.tv past broadcasts.

Or did you want to dream about the broadcast? Then ya you have a right to be mad.

krighton
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
If you want a real America in game...have them all pay to be Founders but are forced to give all their credits and perks to F2P.

Paddywagon
09-09-2014, 04:08 PM
If you want a real America in game...have them all pay to be Founders but are forced to give all their credits and perks to F2P.

Hahahahahahaha

zastcat
09-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Man these Europeans are whiny ♥♥♥ people. Waaahh why aren't the American's rearranging their lives just for me. Holy ♥♥♥♥ dude get a grip on yourself and find a life.

This explains why Putins rolling all over NATO. Weak whiny people. This world is doomed.

well that's a rather defeatist attitude to have. the forums probably aren't the best place to discuss world politics or current events...largely because they're meant to discuss the game news.

to a small degree I can see a bit of why there's anger from European players over the timing of the stream, they pay money for founders or are interested in the game just as much as those of us in north and south America. however I DON'T see why there's this much rage when it will likely be saved to their twitch page as soon as it's over for people to watch or re-watch at their convenience, or when everything that's brought up will be revealed and very likely widely discussed in a few days anyway.

but really people? I don't care what animosity someone has over some perceived slight by trion in their scheduling of a stream, not getting to watch something exactly as it's happening is NOT an excuse to start bashing entire countries or companies or starting a flame war. if you truly believe everyone is equal then why take someone going at the time they feel comfortable with as an insult to everyone in a different time-zone, if tolerance is that easily broken then I worry about how seriously a free to play game is being taken.

966link
09-09-2014, 05:26 PM
@Scapes
I missed the livestream. Whats going to be up with the Archeum dropps???

zastcat
09-09-2014, 05:36 PM
@Scapes
I missed the livestream. Whats going to be up with the Archeum dropps???

the entire livestream is currently available to view in their past broadcasts section of their twitch page, additionally almost everything that was said is being discussed on the other parts of the forums right now. that includes how they are attempting to make archeum less rare still.

BigMac
09-09-2014, 05:36 PM
If you missed the Live strean yo can find it here: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/566961346

Bunnyleptic
09-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Maybe this was answered somewhere but I didn't see it so I am asking it here:

Why are Mirage mounts removed from the shop? (I liked their speed being same as the Mirage horse. And I really love the Mirage Elk mount)

Will they be back in the shop again with the headstart?

Thejoda
09-09-2014, 05:46 PM
..holy *****.

Scapes
09-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Will they be back in the shop again with the headstart?

Mirage Isle mounts will make a return after launch.

Undine
09-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Can u tell me about daru chest plz? what is going to be inside in daru chest?

Bunnyleptic
09-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Mirage Isle mounts will make a return after launch.

I think you misunderstood me.

I actually meant whether I will be able to buy the Mirage Elk mount again from the shop first day I log in on headstart? (Mirage Elk mount is my favourite mount, it's a shop item. It was removed during OBT. And I'm asking whether it will be back during headstart?)

Nightscream452
09-09-2014, 06:08 PM
I think you misunderstood me.

I actually meant whether I will be able to buy the Mirage Elk mount again from the shop first day I log in on headstart? (Mirage Elk mount is my favourite mount, it's a shop item. It was removed during OBT. And I'm asking whether it will be back during headstart?)

The answer is no. They will not be at head start. They will be put back in the cash shop "AFTER" launch, which probably means a month or two.

Pagan
09-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Can u tell me about daru chest plz? what is going to be inside in daru chest?

All I heard was you get a chance at the carrot donkey...

Unfortunately they totally ignored the question about whether there is the possibility they will return our loot from mobs(hate just coin purses), pre 1.2, to make killing stuff fun again(instead of just another boring quest grind) and at the same time help with the archeum shortage as well as give lowbies equipment they can use in between quest gear(which honestly I think is a disservice to crafters, they should have just left gear as random loot drops and crafter stuff and given us either gilda, gold, or labour points for completing quests).

ProtosX
09-09-2014, 07:10 PM
can someone clarify what i just heard from the livestream... 2 apex($10) were needed for 1 month patron which will cost a total of $20? O_o can someone please clarify this? i do wish i heard it incorrectly lel

KrayPanda
09-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Unfortunately they totally ignored the question about whether there is the possibility they will return our loot from mobs(hate just coin purses), pre 1.2, to make killing stuff fun again(instead of just another boring quest grind) and at the same time help with the archeum shortage as well as give lowbies equipment they can use in between quest gear(which honestly I think is a disservice to crafters, they should have just left gear as random loot drops and crafter stuff and given us either gilda, gold, or labour points for completing quests).

If you are playing ArcheAge like a hack an slash mmo, than you are doing it wrong. It's meant to start out like a theme park with some structured questing. When you hit a certain level (for most it's your mount quest and farm plot quests) you get to start experiencing the sandbox part where you can do anything you want. If 'killing mobs needs to be more fun', than this isn't the type of mmo for you. However the Archeum drop rates are being adjusted as stated in the live stream. To revamp an the entire mob drops and drop rate system because a couple people think it be more like (insert game here), is unrealistic.

Is there anything about the game you DO like? I would suggest focusing on those positives since this has been a highly anticipated game for the US and a big mmorpg in KR.

YukiBlueCrow
09-09-2014, 07:17 PM
can someone clarify what i just heard from the livestream... 2 apex($10) were needed for 1 month patron which will cost a total of $20? O_o can someone please clarify this? i do wish i heard it incorrectly lel

Amary clarified like less than minutes after that was said, although you need 2 Apex worth $20 to purchase Patron, you won't need to spend 100% of the credits granted with those 2 Apex. ^_^
An example would be..
Apex =1000
Patron =1,500.
You'd need two Apex, but not using the full amount.. ^^

KrayPanda
09-09-2014, 07:17 PM

You did hear incorrectly. Patron status still costs $15, but if you choose to buy APEX to buy it, you will need to buy 2 chests, totaling $20, with the extra $5 being available for credits you can use elsewhere :)

ProtosX
09-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Amary clarified like less than minutes after that was said, although you need 2 Apex worth $20 to purchase Patron, you won't need to spend 100% of the credits granted with those 2 Apex. ^_^
An example would be..
Apex =1000
Patron =1,500.
You'd need two Apex, but not using the full amount.. ^^

oh nice! coz i was expecting the patron to be like $10-$15.

do u know where the apex purchase guide is? or how can i buy apex? cant see apex on the store -_-"

thanks ^_~

kvothe0153
09-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Any link to VOD please?

EDIT: nvm found it on twitch itself

Pagan
09-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post

If you are playing ArcheAge like a hack an slash mmo, than you are doing it wrong. It's meant to start out like a theme park with some structured questing. When you hit a certain level (for most it's your mount quest and farm plot quests) you get to start experiencing the sandbox part where you can do anything you want. If 'killing mobs needs to be more fun', than this isn't the type of mmo for you. However the Archeum drop rates are being adjusted as stated in the live stream. To revamp an the entire mob drops and drop rate system because a couple people think it be more like (insert game here), is unrealistic.

Is there anything about the game you DO like? I would suggest focusing on those positives since this has been a highly anticipated game for the US and a big mmorpg in KR.

I like having a chance at some cool loot when I kill mobs, just like it was before the 1.2 patch, I also pointed out the pluses to what had been changed in a patch that apparently almost killed the game in Korea. I in fact like most of the game, or at least the way it was before 1.2, I did buy two Archeum packs(one for my son) because I liked it so much. As for the archeum being adjusted... umm that's what got us here and it was done wrong, so I'm not holding my breath on how much longer it will take to get it to a level that makes sense again to those just starting out, unless you think keeping new blood in a mmorpg isn't necessary.

Btw, just where did I compare AA to any other game, that was your inference, all I said was getting loot was more fun than just coin purses.

Positives... Feedback is a positive thing.

The point is that I'm not the only one who thinks 1.2 had some real ♥♥♥♥♥♥ in it, especially for a game just launching since the patch was intended for an established server, and one of them was making loot drops about as boring and unrealistic as you could get, and this is supposed to be a sandbox/sandpark game? At the least, you should be able to get skins/pelts/horns/meat off mobs, possibly the odd bit of damaged equipment off someone they had killed/injured previously. I'm pretty sure mobs for the most part don't loot just coin purses. How about instead of attacking me for giving feedback on what I and at least a few others didn't think were positive changes to the game, tell me what was so good about what was done?

Dysturbed
09-10-2014, 04:56 AM

I believe the game they were comparing AA to was AA... BEFORE patch 1.2. I loved the game before 1.2, but it sucks now. The only game any of us really want Archeage to be like is itself, before they borked it up.

Nobody wants them to "revamp the entire drop rate system", because they already did that in 1.2. We want them to UNDO that revamp.

From your ignorant post, I'm inclined to believe you never played on Alpha pre 1.2, so have no clue what you are talking about.

Discreetmon
09-10-2014, 05:17 AM
You did hear incorrectly. Patron status still costs $15, but if you choose to buy APEX to buy it, you will need to buy 2 chests, totaling $20, with the extra $5 being available for credits you can use elsewhere :)

Trion community mangers clearly said on last LiveStream that APEX will cost 10$. What are you even talking about...

And now I see people saying you will need 2 APEX. I didnt hear anything of that on last stream.
lol If you gonna need 2 APEX worth of 20$ for Patron status = RIP f2p players with getting that gold. How stupid is this. That doesn't make any sense.
According to these forumers: Buy 1 APEX = totally useless.

Ariwen
09-10-2014, 07:04 AM
For DSL servers it take longer to down load patch for Launch of game.

:confused: So when can we patch?? :confused:

Last major patch took me 27hrs. I have no choice in internet servers, only option is a cat 5 dsl. No fiber optics, no cable.

Hakuro
09-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Trion community mangers clearly said on last LiveStream that APEX will cost 10$. What are you even talking about...

And now I see people saying you will need 2 APEX. I didnt hear anything of that on last stream.
lol If you gonna need 2 APEX worth of 20$ for Patron status = RIP f2p players with getting that gold. How stupid is this. That doesn't make any sense.
According to these forumers: Buy 1 APEX = totally useless.

Nope, exactly the opposite. It's just better to be cheaper to buy, so people will buy it more frequently and put them into the auctioneer. Those who just want to have some goodies of the shop mostly don't need the full amount you would have to pay for patron.
I'm playing EVE Online with PLEX to buy ingame your 30 day gametime. It doesn't matter if I get my gametime through one or two Apex. Even if $5 are left, I just need one Apex to get the next gametime, so whats the problem?
As long as the people like the game, they will buy it!

Trecares
09-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Where can I find a transcript of the livestream?

ozeash
09-10-2014, 07:39 PM
hey, my question is simple. Will you put the video of the last livestream on youtube as you did before? Unfortunately I missed the last stream so I canīt wait to watch that. Please put it on youtube, please.

Limka
09-11-2014, 12:18 AM
hey, my question is simple. Will you put the video of the last livestream on youtube as you did before? Unfortunately I missed the last stream so I canīt wait to watch that. Please put it on youtube, please.

You can watch it at twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/566961346

:)

ozeash
09-11-2014, 05:21 AM
You can watch it at twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/566961346

:)

I canīt, I watched about 3 min. of Trion logo and it hasnīt made any progress so I still want it on youtube.

EDIT : I skipped it to 05:30 and itīs playing, thanks for the link.

Erielle
09-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Tell me I misunderstood Scapes about starting with 0 LP!

sirpeter1946
09-11-2014, 06:38 AM
well as they sayed,start from scratch,and i luv it
same chances for alpha and beta player and newbys

MagicDragon
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM
I just saw the last 10 or 15 min or the live stream (thanks for the links, I'll watch the whole thing later) and I have a question about what Scapes said about the download.

I don't recall the exact wording but basically Scapes said 'If you played open beta you are good to go for head start and live. Just watch for a possible patch.'

Now I know there were a separate directories for Alpha and Beta and you could simply rename them and get the latest patch and you were set for that server group.
Will Glyph continue to call the servers North America (Beta) Europe (Beta) and expect to find the game file in the ..../ArcheAge/Games/ArcheAge/Beta directory or will we have to change the directory name from Beta to Live or move the files up one directory to ..../ArcheAge/Games/ArcheAge?

Crypto87
09-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Was the launch download/patch date ever announced or does anyone know when?

MickeyJ
09-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Nothing as yet, anxiously awaiting news on the LP and Archeneum issues. Glyph just says Offline, so the patch is not up yet.

Crypto87
09-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Downloading Launch Server

- Launch build is the open beta build so it’s already available for everyone. Any updates will be done as patches

MagicDragon
09-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Will Glyph continue to call the servers North America (Beta) Europe (Beta) and expect to find the game file in the ..../ArcheAge/Games/ArcheAge/Beta directory or will we have to change the directory name from Beta to Live or move the files up one directory to ..../ArcheAge/Games/ArcheAge?

To answer my own question the Beta directory will need to be renamed Live.

kiwipearls
09-11-2014, 12:41 PM
To answer my own question the Beta directory will need to be renamed Live.

The patch should do that when it does it patchy stuff though when you open Glyph - shouldn't it?

Bayru
09-12-2014, 05:43 AM
You get founders packs on the first six characters you create ... is this 6 characters per region (6 for European servers and 6 for North American servers), or six characters over all regions?

Petrovic
09-12-2014, 02:02 PM
we paid money but we cant enter game. Maybe trion worlds won 100 million dolars but servers are not enoght. This is injustice.

DenotS
09-12-2014, 04:53 PM
these waiting times are ♥♥♥♥ing ******ed, patron waits 3 hours? ♥♥♥♥ off and let me play the game i paid and waited for!

Rails
09-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Waves from Australia, this is in relation to Archeage.

"We ran into a bit of a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. " - doesn't quite cut it, if you are snowed under, hire more staff.

Now to Archeage, I login, I get the first screen, then I get into a continuous loop that wont reset at all, then it tells me to confirm my login details and it continues to loop.

I realise you folks are snowed under, but this is not a good start for this program, so far its 150 US dollars down the pan for nothing more than a company that doesn't understand the concept of quality control, ergo early release of a product that should have been tested to breaking point and beyond before it was ever released.

Annoyed - just a little, so folks either get this sorted, and stop the "the Gods have disconnected you" rubbish, your not Gods, or shut the thing down until you can provide a reliable service that I paid for along with many others.

And please don't insult my intelligence by sending me a list of links to fix your problems.

Respectfully

Kibobin
09-13-2014, 08:33 AM
So your fix to all this complaining about long Qur, Times Land Hogs and folks wanting a refund is to set it so everyone has a log in Fail (Verify Username and Password) after we had to use Glyf to log in to press Play in the first place, HOW WEAK IS THAT PLAY, you can even lie well i want a refund from you how dare you insult all these gamers with this .

Belinda
09-13-2014, 01:59 PM
OK this is not good for this crap come on i got kicked over 100 times just after i get in to play my char how the hell am i suppose to play the game if i cant even stay in long enough to play i wasted 50 bucks for this i don't think so need more damn servers to lighten up the other servers this is BS sorry i'm just pissed off because i can't play was able to play fine yesterday but to day is hell.