PDA

View Full Version : A question about Artistry

Desta
04-22-2014, 03:27 AM
I've played many song classes in different MMO's and although they all have similar styles of playing - one thing buggs me.

Can I move/attack when casting a song if I play Artistry class?

I know of one mmo in which I could not attack or move when playing an aura which had an area affect. This meant that all the players in pvp would stay outwith my radius of aura and thus had no affect on the players. This meant I had to continuously move and stop using these wonderful spells D:

I really love area affects that support teams, but I'd like to move with my team not stand alone and hope my team stay with me for the wonderful buffs haha.

chickychips
04-22-2014, 03:51 AM
AFAIK you can move while playing a song.

Furgas
04-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Yes, you can move while casting any of the songs. You can also combine the songs. As long as the spell you cast is a song the previous songs do not stop. With the exception of one song, the final one I believe.
This allows you to have all songs running and move with your group.

Oskar
04-22-2014, 04:55 AM
The first artisty skill can not be casted while walking (alongside the 30 min buff), all other spells can. You can even cast them while mounted, or on someone's elses mount!

Desta
04-22-2014, 05:10 AM
muahaha that is great news! I will have a lot of fun playing artistry then ! You have made me a very happy bunny indeed xD

madmaru
04-22-2014, 05:59 AM
So whats with the name they chose "Song Craft"... doesn't anyone else think that is the lamest name for a skill tree? Artistry is such a better name for that skill tree.

Desta
04-22-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't mind :D Aion had Songweaver which I thought was amusing. I doooo looove song classes hehe

Sardonx
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96pRkeYsG4

Artistry's skills & passives

rodde
04-22-2014, 11:11 AM
you can move while channeling anthems. however, any other skill that have a casting time requires to not move.

Desta
04-22-2014, 11:45 AM
That is great :D so I can cast an anthem let's say I casted anthem of power, I can cast it and channel and walk with my team \0/ happy days haha

Zenjirr
04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
basically you're a mobile buffing station spamming skills nonstop and doing nothing else xD

Law
04-26-2014, 02:41 PM
All the most important Artistry abilities are instant cast and channeled. And you'll be happy to know you can weave songs together as well. But if you have the song length and range passives, you should be able to keep the songs up and still play your other two classes' abilities.

Dazzle
04-27-2014, 07:33 AM
basically you're a mobile buffing station spamming skills nonstop and doing nothing else xD

As it should be *grins*, but it wil also make you a prime target, being a Bard (buffer) can hurt really bad...