PDA

View Full Version : How do the weapons work?

Desta
04-22-2014, 06:35 AM
I know in many games there are specific weapons for certain classes but how will it work on archeage since you can have so many classes? Does it work by primary class? Or can all weapons be used but certain weapons have certain benefits? I had a look on the wiki but no information yet Dx

madmaru
04-22-2014, 06:40 AM
There are no weapon restrictions but each weapon has different type of damage type and stats to them. So you can choose what suits your build from all the choices of weapons.

VMBarbosa
04-22-2014, 06:43 AM
http://archeagesource.com/topic/751-weapon-types/

Different weapons have different attack speeds/stats and different damage types.

Desta
04-22-2014, 06:43 AM
That is great to know :D also is there going to be a system that refines your weapon I.e makes it stronger?

VMBarbosa
04-22-2014, 06:46 AM
That is great to know :D also is there going to be a system that refines your weapon I.e makes it stronger?

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1553-archeage-craftable-item-enchantments-moonstones-initial/

Yes there are Armor/Weapon enchants that you can add to your gear!

Desta
04-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Super! Should be exciting! I hope weapon upgrades are not cash shop purchased only!

VMBarbosa
04-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Super! Should be exciting! I hope weapon upgrades are not cash shop purchased only!

They are crafted/found off bosses/mobs. So you're good there :)

Desta
04-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Thank goodness xD Played Jade Dynasty and refinement required purchases from the cash shop and cost $$$$$ to refine something to a reasonable level to pvp.

forged
04-22-2014, 07:03 AM
in Archeage there aren't a lot of working classes actually as it was written

Tempo
04-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Just something to note Desta, movement speed also affects the speed of your attack animations. So a faster weapon = you can spam abilities faster, but most likely mean that you are doing weaker damage. And slower weapons makes you attack slower but you most likely do more damage as well.

Desta
04-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Just something to note Desta, movement speed also affects the speed of your attack animations. So a faster weapon = you can spam abilities faster, but most likely mean that you are doing weaker damage. And slower weapons makes you attack slower but you most likely do more damage as well.
That is very interesting to know! I'll be a support/song caster based character so I'll probably be using a musical instrument. Perhaps lute, I'm quite fond of lutes haha but it is interesting to know that I can experiment using other weapons. Since you can have really random combinations for classes it makes it exciting choosing your weapon ^^