PDA

View Full Version : Musical Support

Desta
04-22-2014, 08:57 AM
After much thinking and a little advise I've created my build :D

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1231-Desta_1

It may change but for now it remains. This build aims to buff, protect and heal targets in an area with some single target healing and protection. :D

Need to wait till beta/ release to test it out xD

PxAdams
04-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Nice, I would like to see how this build works. I always loved being a Bard back in EQ1 days. Would love to be able to be a support/healer for some PVP and PvE content.

Px

Dazzle
04-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Ow yes i like this one, bit low on combat, but looks like a good buffer/healer...

Law
04-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I question the use of Artistry's 'Knowledge' ability.

It says it increases the casting time of all Artistry abilities by 32%...however, all but one of your Artistry abilities are instant cast, and therefore do not benefit from this passive. The one ability that isn't instant cast is a 30 minute buff you'd be casting outside of combat anyway.

I haven't played the game, only know what I can read on the tool-tips - but to me, that passive looks bad.

Also, as a healer/support class- you may want the extra 9% Willpower from Self-Knowledge instead of Reward of the Patience where you need to actually be taking damage to benefit. As a buffing class, you left out an entire (and I would argue fairly important) buff from the Will tree.

I would think about dropping:

-Reward of the Patience (Devotion) - Your goal is to never actually take damage. So having this is a conflict of interest.
-Knowledge (Artistry)
-Horn of the Advance (Artistry)

And add:

-Power of Life (Will)
-Self-Knowledge (Devotion)
-Energy Cycle (Devotion) ---> (This one's just a hunch, but the ability to give others mana could either be huge in the game, or it could be pointless- depending on how often other classes run out of mana. If this isn't as good as it has been in past games, then just keep Horn of the Advance...but as a support class, this seems like amazing support. Heal their mana!)

Mustafonte
04-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I question the use of Artistry's 'Knowledge' ability.

It says it increases the casting time of all Artistry abilities by 32%...however, all but one of your Artistry abilities are instant cast, and therefore do not benefit from this passive. The one ability that isn't instant cast is a 30 minute buff you'd be casting outside of combat anyway.

I haven't played the game, only know what I can read on the tool-tips - but to me, that passive looks bad.

Also, as a healer/support class- you may want the extra 9% Willpower from Self-Knowledge instead of Reward of the Patience where you need to actually be taking damage to benefit. As a buffing class, you left out an entire (and I would argue fairly important) buff from the Will tree.

I would think about dropping:

-Reward of the Patience (Devotion) - Your goal is to never actually take damage. So having this is a conflict of interest.
-Knowledge (Artistry)
-Horn of the Advance (Artistry)

And add:

-Power of Life (Will)
-Self-Knowledge (Devotion)
-Energy Cycle (Devotion) ---> (This one's just a hunch, but the ability to give others mana could either be huge in the game, or it could be pointless- depending on how often other classes run out of mana. If this isn't as good as it has been in past games, then just keep Horn of the Advance...but as a support class, this seems like amazing support. Heal their mana!)

-32% + 8 % + set u can cast first skill so fast ( only good for clown, cause if u use him in suport, u loose de effect of the riff, for suport SUX!)
-9 % of will, sux passive
-if u cast anthen of recovery u dont need energy circle.

In my mind u can use this http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1550-LARGE_SCALE_PVP_HEALER_SUPORT
reasons:
WILL = energy shield ( instant cast light and darkness , nice dmg and nice heal , but only in one character , if u have urgent heal and take critical damage will be able to use twice in a row ) ; BLINK > one of the most OP skills in every game from the earth ; + UNBEATALE STRONG > anti cc .
ARTSTRY = buffs , debufs , heals . SPELL FOCUS > if u are being attacked will have 50 % chance to use their skills without cast time ( not mistaken ) which may help a lot! ; VIRTUOSO > instead of playing their anthem for 15 seconds , starts to play for 25 , it seems silly to take into account the cooldown of them , but it helps you save mana ; PERFECTION > OP ! SOUND HEALING > the best cure for small groups ; HEALING EARTH> very good for large scale , especially combined with forcefield ; HORN OF ADVANCE > OP !
DEVOTION = you can remove the group heal and use circle of spears , lost one healing skill which only serves to groups , if they do, you can remove the spell focus ( ART ) and later add in another of his desire . There really is not much to speak of devotion , just continuous recovery is the best cure for the game single target , remember to use flowing life and curse and blessing , and I do not like the particurlamente skill ress since u can not use it in battle and cast time is very high , and the game has points resurrection well distributed throughout the map .

Vanille
04-28-2014, 11:55 AM
You plan to do this for end game right? This is not a very viable leveling build I will tell you that right now. Very little damage you have but man for end game I'm pretty sure this will shine. :P