PDA

View Full Version : Executioner - viable?

Xzantor_UK
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Hey all :)

My second public theory-craft, executioner (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1297-Executioner_Viable#8.2.4/t0TvtjUKHn3)

Still not actually played the game, but am trying to think up a workable solo pvp/explorer that can do everything in game that I want.

One thing that I would like to know, is do you need a staff to do spell damage? Ideally, I'd like a melee weapon for the rogue melee skills, that I can cast my spells from the other trees without worry - I don't care for min-maxing, but also don't really fancy doing single figure damage!

I look forward to your constructive opinions :)

Best wishes :)

PS> I wrote a thread on this about ten minutes ago, but it seems to have vanished, so written it again. Sorry if it turns out to be a repeat!

rodde
04-22-2014, 11:05 AM
your build is not good. the 3 class combination can be viable, however your skill choices are bad.

also keep in mind that when you mix magical and physical skilltrees, you cannot afford to also mix the damage:

1- either you pick all your damage skills from the physical tree (calling) and only focus on utility in the magical trees (CC, anti CC, barriers,buffs,..)
2-or you do the opposite.

so about your build:
you seem to focus more on the calling tree, so yes you need a melee weapon.

now there is something else: the calling tree is the only tree in your build that allows to deal enough damage to kill, the other two are utility trees.
now doing this forces you to put more points into the calling tree in order to be able to kill, you cannot afford to distibute evenly your skill points.

here is what i would pick for this build:
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.4.2/6mxv2mrpZUK

i do not have a lot of experience from conjury tree, but from my experience from the calling/will trees, this build could be much more efficient for pvp.

also, if you want an explorer/solo pvp build i would recommand archers:
-archery/calling/will.
-archery/calling/devotion.
-archery/calling/artistry.

Tempo
04-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Staffs tend to have a higher base magical damage as listed in this chart here (http://db.archeagedb.net/Equipment)

BlackCobalt
04-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Just heard about pirates and the issue or fear of pirates taking over a server. Having an Executioner would solve that problem. If a player becomes so bad beyond pirate redemption then I say bring the Executioner to behead them too perma death. That should keep the balance LOL. In Roma Victor beta players were nailed too the Roman cross for crimes committed against other players in beta.

Xzantor_UK
04-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm still new to theory-crafting, so obviously will make mistakes!

Good advice for looking into archery - I will look at combat and think harder about how to combine the different skills. Am hoping that before too long, the founders pack will be available, so hoping to get to play in game and find my way, rather than theory my way! :)

We'll consign this idea to the failure ranks ;) At least, the combination that I linked! :)

rodde
04-22-2014, 03:21 PM
also keep in mind that ONLY staves and wands can boost your magical damage.

Darkshowdo
04-22-2014, 04:11 PM
The best thing I feel about ArcheAge is anything can really be viable. Just need to work around strong and weak links.
You may have a really good skill set. But you may limit yourselves is other aspects.