PDA

View Full Version : Lore and Role Playing

Se7ge
03-22-2014, 02:15 PM
The original lore of the game is wonderful (History and legends) i hope Trion valorize it with translation from korean of most of the original material (Lore is based on The Fir and the Hawk written by Min-Hee Jeon , a popular Korean fantasy novelist and ArcheAge’s main lore visionary)

With a great lore and a fantastic open world would be a shame not to take potentiality of the role playing and add more elements possible for this kind of game.

Jibeley
03-22-2014, 02:25 PM
With some luck, if they game grows enough of a following in English speaking country's. The books might get a translation and sold online, since apperently they are of harry potter levels of popularity over in Korea.

Nod
03-23-2014, 02:31 AM
I'd like to read this book, but before the release :/ (not a chance sadly)

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 02:42 AM
Here is a good lore thread for ArcheAge on mmorpg.com its really detailed
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6253070/Archeage-Lore.html#6253070

One thing I have to say about her is that she loves her bible stories (not that its a bad thing at all)

Nod
03-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Thanks, I've read it already, and translated it in french :)
Kumapon made an great job with this.

And I agreed with her love for the bible story, it was my main thought when I started to read this abstract xD

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Thanks, I've read it already, and translated it in french :)
Kumapon made an great job with this.

And I agreed with her love for the bible story, it was my main thought when I started to read this abstract xD

Yeah you can tell easily that she definitely is a Christian, I actually kind of like that to be honest. Its different for an mmorpg writer.

Requiem
03-23-2014, 09:05 AM
I love the lore in the game, it's one of the reasons that brought me to the game in the first place. The ultimate bad guy in the game "Antalion" is really scary !!!!

Mavol
03-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the great link I can't believe i did not see this on mmorpg.com before, as i pretty much frequent it daily and in the AA forums

Nimarhie
03-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Just a note, if you ever want to google her stuff for whatever reason, you should flip her name around to Jeon Min-hee (Jeon is her last name), or
전민희 ^_^

Requiem
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
What I don't get is why did it take the races hundreds of years to figure out that there was a big crater right in their backyard. Wouldn't they have been curious much sooner ?