PDA

View Full Version : Patching from Open Beta to Launch

Pages : [1] 2

Scapes
09-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Adventurers,

We're less than a day away from the beginning of Head Start with launch soon to follow! Since many of you played ArcheAge during Open Beta, you actually have already downloaded the bulk of the game client with only a small incremental patch to go for Head Start (and launch).

If you downloaded Glyph from our website, ArcheAge will patch from your existing installation (such as from Beta) without redownloading the entire client.
If you downloaded Glyph from Steam, we are deploying an update tonight that will address both the blank Glyph library/screen AND make it so that ArcheAge will patch from your existing installation (such as from Beta) without redownloading the entire client.
No adjustment of your target directory via Settings is necessary at this point unless you downloaded Glyph via Steam and want to patch from your existing installation right now before tonight's patch.
If you have the ArcheAge Beta client installed and your Glyph tries a full download of 8.5gb, please let us know.

So everyone's aware, unless you have a Founder's Pack, you won't be able to patch to Build 4.9 until launch. Tomorrow is the beginning of Head Start which is exclusive to Founders. Be sure to check your account to confirm whether you have a Founder's Pack applied to your account. If you do and you're still getting Error 2028, please contact our Support Team: http://support.trionworlds.com

We look forward to seeing our Founders in ArcheAge tomorrow!

Draconus
09-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey Scapes, thanks for the update. Now we just need to know what time... 10am pdt as before in beta, or 12:01 am

Southernstar71
09-11-2014, 03:22 PM
I don't see a red update button and I don't have a folder named Live......

lleoll
in the same master folder as live ? i dont see it ..

xDrac
Sorry Scapes but I still don't get it.
There was a Glyph update today. So I updated my Glyph client. I did NOT need to redownload or update my ArcheAge client. My ArcheAge folder where the game is located is still called Beta. If I go to Glyph settings, the ArcheAge directory points to the Beta folder as well. I do NOT have a folder called "Live" anywhere.

Should I do anything or am I ready to go for headstart? I am confused.
Sooo... I am good to go?

Mossbeard
09-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Just to verify, inside Glyph>Archeage>Beta>history.txt should be version 204704 f ?

RickRoll
09-11-2014, 03:23 PM
I right click and hit update and it says no current update. if i had the last current beta would we need a new update??? Please let me know asap i have horrible internet thanks.

Ekydor
09-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Yea please, explain a little more...

lleoll
your explanation is very confusing i have no idea what you are talking about ..

Edge
I dont see any folder named live?

what is this?

xD

- Edge

Norden
09-11-2014, 03:26 PM
This makes no sense...it was already set at beta. I created a folder named live, but its not doing anything.

Kitsunami
09-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Okay...

So i have a live folder (new client :/) Ive now swapped it back to Beta.

It just says offline it never patched at all. Good to go? confused here. Theres no update option.

Twitch
09-11-2014, 03:27 PM
I have a beta directory, but no live directory. I installed initially through steam, although I do not think it matters.

Currently my directory structure is this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta
(no other folders or files in the archeage directory just the beta folders)

My glyphe setting point to the beta folder, which contains the bin file/game.pak/history and hotkey.g file.

So tomorrow am I going to have to copy everything to a live folder I create, or just rename the beta folder to /live and change where my glyph points to.
Keep in mind there is still other archeage folders on my computer from the alpha I believe that are in root c: titel archeage and archeage0, that contain various files and fodlers as well.

Hazzze
09-11-2014, 03:35 PM
No need to do that, just restart your client and update. Working for me & guildies. EU.

Vendral
okay im totally confused .. i know scapes was prob thinking one thing and typed something totally different -- i get it... but the whole paragraph was confusing the crap out of me =D hehe anyone wanna help ?

lleoll
so what do i have to do here ? im totally lost now ...

Poppaea
09-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just went ahead and renamed my beta folder live on one of my machines.

One of my glyph clients actually already acknowledged that the beta folder WAS supposed to be the live folder but I updated that anyway. I'd rather move past the beta naming :)

Has there been a patch since open beta?

I've seen the UPDATE button too, but only when the install folder is out of sync in the settings. Not sure why one client knew the beta folder was good to go, and the other expected live. Both machines updated glyph today and played during last open beta.

Either way I see "offline" right now, so I assume everything is ok.

Ruckus
09-11-2014, 03:37 PM
There is no live folder or update button, it just points to beta. as others have said. Can you please explain more.

Emersai
09-11-2014, 03:38 PM
In glyph, right click Archeage, click settings and do this (http://i.imgur.com/utGBzqg.png). Note: I use drive M: as my Application drive. Keep yours the same as what ever is in there already. Just change Beta to live.

Found this in another thread - it worked for me.

Scapes
09-11-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't see a red update button and I don't have a folder named Live......

your explanation is very confusing i have no idea what you are talking about ..

Strike my last, cleaned up the explanation in the first post.

CougarX63
09-11-2014, 03:39 PM
It sounds like there will be hundreds of thousands of people having to redownload the entire game at launch time tomorrow... if you don't get back in here and be a lot less confusing:X

Vendral
Thanks for the heads up. I just went ahead and renamed my beta folder live on one of my machines.

One of my glyph clients actually already acknowledged that the beta folder WAS supposed to be the live folder but I updated that anyway. I'd rather move past the beta naming :)

Has there been a patch since open beta?

Yeah so i tried that and restarted the Glyph client and it's started to download the whole game all over again -- 8.35gig's worth of information

Invidelis
Strike my last, cleaned up the explanation in the first post.

this doesnt CLEAR UP ANYTHING !?!?

Ekydor
Perfectly explained now (updated), all good =) <3

Moonraker
No Live folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Archeage\

after Glyph updated earlier. Just showing Offline.

Exiting Glyph then renaming the Beta folder to Live and relaunching Glyph enables the Update button (red) but on clicking it just gives the error;

You Don't Have the right entitlements to play this game Error #2028

Changing the file path to the renamed Live (existing Beta) folder in settings and saving results in the same response.

Reverting folder name back to Beta and also folder path in Glyph and awaiting further clarification.

This is in Europe.

Can you confirm that this client update is for all player clients and not just for Founders?

EDIT: I see the OP details have changed so just assume that this is as it should be awaiting the small patch now.

Sp00gle
09-11-2014, 03:40 PM
So....I checked my folders and do not have a Live folder, only Beta. So I changed this to Live, pointed Glyph to it, restarted Glyph and voila! No update.....I renamed the folder back to Beta and restarted Glyph, again no update.....

Now I did update for the Open Beta and am guessing the live client will be the same, hence why I did not get an update.......

Can anyone clarify this please?

Vendral
09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Okay so pretty much what Scapes is saying -- If you downloaded from Steam -- there will be a patch -- If you downloaded glyph from the website you are all ready to go if you downloaded beta -- you dont have to change anything at all you are good to go

CougarX63
Scapes, that's much better. So the 'small' patching you're talking about isn't out yet?

Poppaea
before tonight's patch.

So there will be a patch tonight? any ETA

Of course I must ask for patch notes ;)

Hope you and the team can get some sleep!

Sp00gle
09-11-2014, 03:43 PM
I went into settings and replaced the word Beta with Live. Closed out Glyph and re-opened it. Then I got the red update button and it's now updating. I hope that helps :)

Wouldn't this just re-download your already existing client though? By following the steps I did, this tells me the client is the same as used in the open beta.....

Everything is as clear as mud hehe

Sp00gle
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Aha just saw the updated first post by Scapes.

So those who downloaded the Open Beta client through Glyph need not do anything and are good to go :)

At least this seems to be the case......

lleoll
09-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Okay so pretty much what Scapes is saying -- If you downloaded from Steam -- there will be a patch -- If you downloaded glyph from the website you are all ready to go if you downloaded beta -- you dont have to change anything at all you are good to go

Thats what i understood also, if he had phrased it like that would have been much less confusing... ppl are freaking out now lol

dabishop
09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Wouldn't this just re-download your already existing client though? By following the steps I did, this tells me the client is the same as used in the open beta.....

Everything is as clear as mud hehe

Yep you can call the Glyph path C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Scapes if you like and it will download to that location.

The content however is exactly the same as the OB at this moment in time.

Scapes
09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Scapes, that's much better. So the 'small' patching you're talking about isn't out yet?

There will be both an update to Glyph to address the Steam issue and an incremental patch to ArcheAge for Head Start tonight.

Venge
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Good News: One more thing. Any chance...even 1 in a million chance that the servers will be up before 1pm EST (10 PDT) tomorrow? As in possibly 30 min prior?

Poppaea
09-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Good News: One more thing. Any chance...even 1 in a million chance that the servers will be up before 1pm EST (10 PDT) tomorrow? As in possibly 30 min prior?

I would be ready just in case :) But 30 mins late may be more realistic.

Liloou
09-11-2014, 03:56 PM

when i remember the first two betas i would guess its more possible that the servers will be up 1 hour later ;-P

Moonraker
09-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey Scapes, thanks for the update. Now we just need to know what time... 10am pdt as before in beta, or 12:01 am From this announcement (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?33651-ArcheAge-Launch-Date-Announced&p=357916&viewfull=1#post357916);

Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT

Evidale
09-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Did have the Open Beta client installed, but I still had to download the 8.5gb. While this didn't affect me due to having a fast connection. Figured I'd let you know.

Delmont
09-11-2014, 04:05 PM
'Did have the Open Beta client installed, but I still had to download the 8.5gb. While this didn't affect me due to having a fast connection. Figured I'd let you know.'

Same

iwearsuits
09-11-2014, 04:05 PM
I now have 2 full maps (Beta and Live), with Beta being the bigger of the 2 (23.4gb vs 23gb). So that is a pretty big delta, what did you guys delete? :P

Dennisdear
09-11-2014, 04:09 PM
I Renamed my Beta Folder to "Live". I also Edited the Settings in Glyph from /Archeage/Beta to /Archeage/Live. When I bring up Glyph it shows an "Offline" button. Which is what I would expect.

Dabu
09-11-2014, 04:09 PM
I opened the Game via Steam and a Glyph message appears:
"The installer was unable to extract some files because the app seems to be running. Please close all windows and try installing it again"

Now i cant open Glyph...
There is no Glyph on CTRL+ALT+DEL

Champ
09-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Adventurers,

We're less than a day away from the beginning of Head Start with launch soon to follow! Since many of you played ArcheAge during Open Beta, you actually have already downloaded the bulk of the game client with only a small incremental patch to go for Head Start (and launch).

If you downloaded Glyph from our website, ArcheAge will patch from your existing installation (such as from Beta) without redownloading the entire client.
If you downloaded Glyph from Steam, we are deploying an update tonight that will address both the blank Glyph library/screen AND make it so that ArcheAge will patch from your existing installation (such as from Beta) without redownloading the entire client.
No adjustment of your target directory via Settings is necessary at this point unless you downloaded Glyph via Steam and want to patch from your existing installation right now before tonight's patch.
If you have the ArcheAge Beta client installed and your Glyph tries a full download of 8.5gb, please let us know.

We look forward to seeing you in ArcheAge as early as tomorrow!

Scapes,

I had the ArcheAge Beta client installed (downloaded directly from the Trion Worlds website) and the update to Glyph downloaded the full 8.5gb anyway and created the Live directory for it. I'm set and ready for early access, but you asked to let you know if it worked this way and it did for me. After the download of 8.5gb, the installation worked as intended as there is a Live directory that is about 23gb under the \Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge path. I restarted Glyph to be sure and it appears to be ready for early access.

I'm going to sleep for about 12 hours, will return tomorrow morning at about 8:30am (yes one and a half hours before the scheduled start time). I have everything ready to begin my ArcheAge path to enjoyment!

Thanks Scapes for all of your hard work in getting the message about what's happening with the game to the public!

Katsu
09-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks !!! Can't want to play the game -o-

Tanlito
09-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I update glyph it did a small download and now it is down loading 8.5 GB !!!
So is this good thing or bad thing?

Raeyik
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks Scapes. Per your request, I am letting you know that Glyph is downloading an 8.58gb update.

iansky
09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
I hit update and it did a full 8.5GB download.

Edge
09-11-2014, 04:20 PM
So if we downloaded via glyph ( aka) from website we dont have to do anything `?

Unbound
09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Honestly buying from steam was stupid to begin with. :) fact.

Tylenol
09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
"If you have the ArcheAge Beta client installed and your Glyph tries a full download of 8.5gb, please let us know."

This is happening to me.

Sp00gle
09-11-2014, 04:25 PM
152.3MB update is now downloading via Glyph....

Crole
09-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Waffles, then archeage.

09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
"If you have the ArcheAge Beta client installed and your Glyph tries a full download of 8.5gb, please let us know."

This is happening to me.

Me too. Going to go ahead and re-download since I have plenty of time today and not so much in the morning.

iwearsuits
09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
patch notes or trion!

Jinxys
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I just restarted the Glyph client and the red updating button appears. Then the EULA appears. Accepted and started to patch. So far a 152 meg patch downloading. All seems well !

Gaah so excited haha!

flesh
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM

This is happening to me.
Same for me.

Concubine
09-11-2014, 04:33 PM

This is happening to me.

Same.
10chars

TheSilvertree
09-11-2014, 04:33 PM

Happening to me. Same as Evidale, Delmont, Champ, Tanlito, Raeyik, iansky, Tylenol, haut, flesh, and Concubine.

Malzie
09-11-2014, 04:45 PM
My sister was forced to re-download the entire 8.5 gig client. I was met with the patch. We both played Open beta.

It worried me, so I am re-downloading the entire game again.

Just letting Trion know.

The Elderling
09-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Adventurers,

Well that last one happened to me, I got a full redownload... and yes I played all betas, and alpha.

Meteociel
09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
152.3MB update is now downloading via Glyph....

pareil ici ( same here) :p

Robeus
09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
I had glyph open from the last beta, had the update button, got a 152mb download. Decided to close and reopen glyph after that and now the beta drop down list is gone (replacing it with the live list) and it is asking me to download the full 8.5gb

Day
09-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Getting the 8.5 gb download here

Zeaze
09-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Same here, in my case.
The Glyph show me EULA terms, and ask me download 8GB. Try to download for few MB and then Cancel it.
Then i Copy/Paste my Beta Folder into New folder name Live, relog my Glyph Client.
After that the Glyph downloading 152MB and no more download after that....
Try to relog and reopen the Glyph Client and no more Update button appear.

And the History Version is "version 204948f", in Live Folder.

draciele
09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Adventurers,

is there any kind of patch notes for this? or is it not build content change?

Ptsd
09-11-2014, 04:50 PM
also got a 8.5GB download and I was in alpha, closed beta, and open beta.

Free
09-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Patch notes? :D

Mabe
09-11-2014, 04:55 PM

They will announce patch notes as close as possible to head start = Trying to avoid complains because everyone is too busy to hassle with glyph/updates/log in :)

boneyou
09-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I had to go into my archeage folder and rename my folder from beta to live to get it to patch right

revrendshadows
09-11-2014, 04:56 PM
there was no need to change file names.... just update, if your path was to AA beta you were good to begin with. I didn't change anything... got 152 mb patch. GG all those file changing nuts out there! LMAO

Nastein
09-11-2014, 04:57 PM
From what i can see you need to leave the folder named beta to get the 152mb patch. If you have changed the name to live it will dl the 8.5gb.

So just leave it named beta or if you have already switched the name to live just rename it beta and your gtg

boneyou
09-11-2014, 04:58 PM
hey I tried to without changing it but it wouldn't go it just kept trying to re-download. therefore, I renamed files.

Brynn
I just did the patch in a few seconds, no problems. I'm set to go.

Moonraker
Currently being prepared now (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?40151-Can-we-get-Server-(and-Faction)-forums-now&p=444488&viewfull=1#post444488);

Forum reconstruction is on my list of things to do today, right after producing the Head Start patch notes.

Katarinae
09-11-2014, 05:00 PM
The client update wants me to download the full 8.5gb in order to patch.

Jonny101
09-11-2014, 05:02 PM
I was forced to download 8.54GB again. I stopped the download and relocated the beta files to the live folder and it then patched.

It seems I am now on version 204948f

CrazyElement
09-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Scapes, Please can You say it more correctly , while there is still a comments that you need to change your Beta folder to Live folder , so I'm gona try a make a short question and I hope you will answer it, so everyone will know better.

Your glyph folder is 23.4 GB, inside the game is located in Beta folder , path in Glyph client is also in Beta, Glyph did a 152 MB UPDATE. Do I need to change game folder to Live in my Computer and Glyph, or just leave it Beta?

Ishamael
09-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks scapes, look forward to playing! What time are we able to log in and start? will it be at 12:01 am? or some time in the morning?

Edit: Nvm, read the release date post and it says 10:00 AM PDT Friday for those that are wondering.

Hindsight
09-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Is anyone else getting stuck at "Applying" - Less than 15 seconds remaining while downloading the patch?

Katarinae
09-11-2014, 05:04 PM
10am PST, same as other beta events. (God I wish it was 12:01am lol..)

deadq
09-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Adventurers,

Yes I have beta client installed and glyph is downloading 8.5g!

Ishamael
09-11-2014, 05:06 PM
10am PST, same as other beta events. (God I wish it was 12:01am lol..)

Haha thanks, yeah i just noticed the time in the release date post as well. Wish it was 12:01 am too XD

Savage the Black
09-11-2014, 05:06 PM
the brain on some of these folks must be massive...

/sarcasm off

Nexxa
09-11-2014, 05:07 PM
The steam version seems to be having trouble (There are fixes out there and they seem to work). Normal versions, as in the ones downloaded from Trion's site, seem to be having a better time of it.

KrayPanda
09-11-2014, 05:09 PM
-snip- and of course when i asked for a refund from your ♥♥♥♥ing customer support they go quiet... jesus get your ♥♥♥♥ together

If you need a refund, you should be talking to your bank after 'they go quiet'. I have only had good experiences with Trion CS so it has to be user error OR overflow. They have stated before that they are very short handed with the seriously high amount of tickets that people are sending in. Give them some time and I'm sure they can figure it out.

Lirulin
09-11-2014, 05:09 PM
]If you have the ArcheAge Beta client installed and your Glyph tries a full download of 8.5gb, please let us know.

I am letting you know, Scapes. I had beta (and alpha) and it (Glyph) downloaded the full 8.5 GB. Will my saved appearances still be there? Do I need to copy and paste some files? What now.

On second opening of Glyph I DL'ed an approximately 153MB patch... also.

Poppaea
09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
k downloaded the ~150mb download and am ready to go!

KrayPanda
09-11-2014, 05:12 PM
k downloaded the ~150mb download and am ready to go!

Finally someone's getting it right! Grats my friend, you and I are ready to roll.

Furian
09-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Why am i getting error #2028 ...

Hotshot

I got the 8 GB download.

Played Alpha.
Renamed Alpha folder to Beta.
Played Beta.

http://i.imgur.com/n2HC7tO.jpg

Whats the new folder called so I can just rename it?

Lirulin
Well that last one happened to me, I got a full redownload... and yes I played all betas, and alpha.

Happened to me also. I did not change any folder names and I was on basic NA AA Glyph downloader. I wonder what we do now?? I hope they answer before launch.

Katarinae
09-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Ok, I can confirm that if you copy your beta folder over to the LIVE folder then you will only need to download the 152mb patch, instead of the 8.5g.

Poppaea
09-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Happened to me also. I did not change any folder names and I was on basic NA AA Glyph downloader. I wonder what we do now?? I hope they answer before launch.

I've done this one two different machines. One required me changing the referenced folder, another didn't. Neither are steam installs. I hope your 8gb completes quickly however. If you have a good connection it will be done before tomorrow! We still have more than 12 hours to go!

Ok, I can confirm that if you copy your beta folder over to the LIVE folder then you will only need to download the 152mb patch, instead of the 8.5g.

This!

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 05:16 PM
IMPORTANT!

Avast Anti-Virus sees the patch as a virus and steals the executable. I've marked the file as false positive and filed a report with Avast - but they won't get it till the next update.

If you use another Anti-Virus you may or may not have this problem, and you may not get a warning or an option to fix it, but the patch install cannot complete if your AV steals the files.

Eh, forgot something: This is for the 152.3 MB patch from Glyph.

Lirulin
09-11-2014, 05:18 PM
I hope your 8gb completes quickly however.

Ha! Do not worry, I have a 100 MB connection speed and a high download rate. I was done within 25 minutes with the 8 gig install, just a little confused as I want to be sure saved appearances are in the new folder IF the new folder WAS NOT copied from alpha/beta. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Devils
09-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Yea, i actually have a problem. Mine is trying to redownload the whole game... But iv been playing since alpha day 1.. .-.

jwilson
09-11-2014, 05:19 PM
So my live file is only going to be the 8.5gb....shouldnt it be larger?

CrazyElement
09-11-2014, 05:19 PM

Ok no1 actually saying something about , I got only Beta folder , my glyph did only a 152 MB update , still the game is located in Beta folder ... do I need to rename those folders or Im ready to go?

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Is anyone else getting stuck at "Applying" - Less than 15 seconds remaining while downloading the patch?

Mine said that for the full minute it took to churn through the patch, and then it finished. See my above post for one possible reason if you're truly stuck.

Hotshot
09-11-2014, 05:21 PM

I confirm.

If you have Beta folder... just delete any Live folder (from previous DL attempt) and rename Beta to Live then update.

I went from this

To this

http://i.imgur.com/OMmk8No.jpg

Hindsight
09-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Mine said that for the full minute it took to churn through the patch, and then it finished. See my above post for one possible reason if you're truly stuck.
Yeah I saw that after I made my post. For some reason it took a ridiculously long time but it finished and all is well and right in the world now. Thanks though :D

Jager
09-11-2014, 05:25 PM
[/LIST]
Yep making me download the entire update.

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Ha! Do not worry, I have a 100 MB connection speed and a high download rate. I was done within 25 minutes with the 8 gig install, just a little confused as I want to be sure saved appearances are in the new folder IF the new folder WAS NOT copied from alpha/beta. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Your saved appearances are in your documents folder. The installer doesn't touch them. They're not accessed till you start the game. If the folders are not there it will create them. If they are there it should let you use whatever appearances, keybinds, etc, that you saved during alpha/beta. Back them up just in case, and put them back if the game deletes them.

You're looking for the ArcheAge folder inside Documents, My Documents, or Libraries->Documents depending on your Windows version and how you get to the Windows document folder.

Furian
09-11-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't understand why i am getting the #2028 error why is this still even an issue ....

Concubine
09-11-2014, 05:27 PM
So if I DL the 8 gb patch I'm good right...?

Lirulin
09-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Your saved appearances are in your documents folder. The installer doesn't touch them. They're not accessed till you start the game. If the folders are not there it will create them. If they are there it should let you use whatever appearances, keybinds, etc, that you saved during alpha/beta. Back them up just in case, and put them back if the game deletes them.

You're looking for the ArcheAge folder inside Documents, My Documents, or Libraries->Documents depending on your Windows version and how you get to the Windows document folder.

Thank you, I love you for being smart and taking the time to answer. Appreciate it!!!

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Ok no1 actually saying something about , I got only Beta folder , my glyph did only a 152 MB update , still the game is located in Beta folder ... do I need to rename those folders or Im ready to go?

You don't need to rename the folder for the game to work, as long as Glyph's setting and your physical path are exactly the same. On the technical side of things it doesn't matter one bit what the *folder* is called. You could call it Darleen if you want.

I renamed mine to live purely for OCD sakes.

snowmaru
09-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm installing archeage on 2 pc,
on my first PC(the one that i use the most), after updating glyph, Archeage folder still beta (no new folder 'Live'), no patching 152.3MB (is it weird or normal?)
on second computer(on another location), after updating glyph it redownload 8.5GB, i cancel it then delete the folder 'Live' then rename 'Beta' to 'Live' then it patch 152.3MB for update.

I use copy of archeage from first PC to the second PC. I will use the first PC for headstart, there's no problem if glyph didn't create new folder 'Live' isn't it?

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Thank you, I love you for being smart and taking the time to answer. Appreciate it!!!

You're welcome. On another side of things: If you ever need to fully reset the game, just remove that folder (or move it rather, never delete anything on a computer until you're 500% certain you won't need it again).

jwilson
09-11-2014, 05:33 PM
OK...i downloaded the patch but got the 8.5gb patch and it made a LIVE folder that is 8.5gb....my beta folder is 23gb...should my LIVE folder be 23gb also?

Furian
09-11-2014, 05:33 PM
I like how im getting no response i don't understand why the hell im getting #2028 as a founder this is ridiculous.

Caztielle
09-11-2014, 05:34 PM
So, I opened glyph, got a small update. So everywhere telling me to rename my beta to Live. Now, I have a 8.6gb download. What is going on. Do we have to be a programmer to understand how to properly have game ready for launch?

kisa
09-11-2014, 05:35 PM
I am getting "You don't have the right entitlements to play this game (Error #2028)" even though I'm a founder? Few other people are having the same issue..

Hyperbbossy
09-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Can we have the newest patch note PLZ?
is LP potion 12hr or 4hr upon headstart?

kirklestat
09-11-2014, 05:37 PM
error 2028. patch notes here http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?40220-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.8-Patch-Notes

Reith
I downloaded the patch and got a virus detection saying its Win32:Hoblig[Heur] on cryphysics.dll, I'm using Avast, is this a false positive?

Furian
I am getting "You don't have the right entitlements to play this game (Error #2028)" even though I'm a founder? Few other people are having the same issue..
I am having the same issue but no one wants to respond.

deadq
09-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I got the 8 GB download.

Played Alpha.
Renamed Alpha folder to Beta.
Played Beta.

Whats the new folder called so I can just rename it?

Same issue here so I change a file named ...\Beta to ...\Live Not computer savvy here so I ask ... Am I good to go?

my file was at---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live
it was C:......\Beta and I changed the \Beta to \Live. Down load completed \applied etc. Now I am at "OFFLINE" status and sure hope this goes to "PLAY" tomorrow!?

Concubine
09-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I finished the 8 GB dl and it said the files are corrupted :I

Yang
09-11-2014, 05:42 PM
[/LIST]

currently has an 8.5 gig update on my screen.

Yang
09-11-2014, 05:44 PM
currently has an 8.5 gig update on my screen.

Renamed Beta folder to Live, 152.3 Mb update.

Chornax
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Happening to me. Same as Evidale, Delmont, Champ, Tanlito, Raeyik, iansky, Tylenol, haut, flesh, and Concubine.

Same here, but then I decided to quit the download and close out of Glyph and rename the beta folder to live and I'm all set

Perusoe
09-11-2014, 05:51 PM
After participating in Alpha and Open Beta, and with no idea how Head Start would patch, I did things the hard way (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?33651-ArcheAge-Launch-Date-Announced&p=440495&viewfull=1#post440495).

I just finished running the Glyph Launcher about a half an hour ago and now I'm good to go (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?33651-ArcheAge-Launch-Date-Announced&p=445765&viewfull=1#post445765). :cool:

jwilson
09-11-2014, 05:52 PM
It would be nice if we could get some kind of reply from TRION!!!!!

Kasca
09-11-2014, 05:53 PM
It has made me redownload the whole game again

BlueDragon
09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Very weird. I just patched. Still have only the Beta folder, but it downloaded 152 Mb and says I'm ready to go. No folder called "Live". However, I did update the day OB ended (Monday) and had to download 8.5 Gb at that time.

Concubine
09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Okay so guys. Let me make this easier for you.

If you downloaded the beta client go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta. Rename the Beta folder to Live. Close Glyph, and then reopen it and hit update. You should get a 152MB patch then.

Good luck. <3

dabishop
09-11-2014, 05:56 PM
@scapes can the IT guys confirm the final directory name yet as beta or live or scapesarcheumcookies ?

jwilson
09-11-2014, 05:58 PM
I just want to know if i download the 8.5gb patch and it makes a live folder, will i be able to play because my live folder is only 8.5gb and the beta is 23gb...do i need the full 23gb to play?

Rangnarok
09-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Glyph updated, followed by AA update of 153mb, was quick, no problem

Concubine
09-11-2014, 06:00 PM
I just want to know if i download the 8.5gb patch and it makes a live folder, will i be able to play because my live folder is only 8.5gb and the beta is 23gb...do i need the full 23gb to play?

It will make a Live folder, however at the end of downloading it will tell you the files are corrupted. You won't be able to play.

All you have to do is go to the directory I stated in an above post and rename the Beta folder to "Live" and THEN patch up. :)

Elione
09-11-2014, 06:01 PM
My updater is doing the full download of 8.5gb >.<; when its already been installed and played both alpha and all betas

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I downloaded the patch and got a virus detection saying its Win32:Hoblig[Heur] on cryphysics.dll, I'm using Avast, is this a false positive?

I marked it as false and reported it to Avast. The [Heur] at the end of the warning means Heuristic, as in Avast ASSUMES it's a virus because it doesn't recognize the file's data pattern.

Will rescan in the morning after Avast updates and see if it's still complain, but pretty sure it's safe to mark the warning as false.

Shadowwind
I have gone to the Archeage icon in Glyph and just now got an Update notice and it took a short time to download it , then it turned off in what seems to me to be a lul until you guys on your end start the ball rolling and start the 4 day early sign for Subbers. Cheers and good luck!

Side note: btw, did anyone read the news about the Solar Flare we should be worried about?

tooslow12
Concubine, I did as you instructed but I still get error#2028

Concubine
09-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Concubine, I did as you instructed but I still get error#2028

I'm not sure then D:

Side note: btw, did anyone read the news about the Solar Flare we should be worried about?

Yes, hopefully I get to see the Northern Lights tonight but it will be sucky if the power/telecommunications goes in and out all day tomorrow D:

If it gets really bad maybe Trion will push headstart back a day or something, idk

kisa
09-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm still getting error 2028 as well

tooslow12
09-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Grr, this is a mess because I can't even purchase the founders pack

Ouiji
09-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Changed /Beta to /Live
Got the 150mb patch, but at the end it is "Unable to Apply Updates. (Error #1005)"

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 06:12 PM

The 8.5 GB download is the "entire" game. As in it's all you download from Glyph to play. When you start the game it will swell to 23 GB as it unpacks the files and download everything else it needs to run.

Whether the game needs to be in the Live or Beta folder to patch properly seem to be a regional issue that Trion hasn't addressed correctly. Will need them to explain wtf is going on there, because I don't have the data needed to even hesitate a guess why it's not the same for everyone.

Jaszlin
09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Glyph never made a live folder for me. I changed my beta folder name to live and still Glyph did not give me an option to update. I had to delete all my game folder files and reload from scratch to get glyph to allow me to upload the new patch.

PolecatEZ
09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I read back a few pages and still didn't see the fix for the blank glyph launcher screen when you load up. Perfectly black screen. I did the folder rename thing and tried to have Steam recheck my files, but no dice.

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Changed /Beta to /Live
Got the 150mb patch, but at the end it is "Unable to Apply Updates. (Error #1005)"

1005 is a system error I believe. Check your drive space.

Ouiji
09-11-2014, 06:18 PM
1005 is a system error I believe. Check your drive space.

I was really hoping you were right, but 135G used, 311G free.

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I read back a few pages and still didn't see the fix for the blank glyph launcher screen when you load up. Perfectly black screen. I did the folder rename thing and tried to have Steam recheck my files, but no dice.

Your problem is unique to the Steam version, and the Steam patch isn't out yet. Leave Steam running and it will patch it when it's ready. According to Scapes the Steam patch WILL be ready before Headstart.

Jaszlin
09-11-2014, 06:20 PM

This statement somewhat worries me as I did have beta client installed and although Glyph did not try to download the whole game (would not show there was an update), I had to delete the game and redownload it to get Glyph to give me an update status for the new patch for head start.

Will there be an issue if you had to reload the game fresh? It seems like the folder size is the same size as my previous beta folder, so I hope it is not missing something vital to playing.

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
PROBLEM! HELP PLEASE!

I had uninstalled beta a few days ago. I went to install archeage and it is giving me a error #2028 saying I don't have the entitlements to play. How do I get around this?

FryaDuck
09-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Cocked, locked, ready to rock.

Oh and never use Steam because of the Australia Tax.

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 06:24 PM
I was really hoping you were right, but 135G used, 311G free.

Damn :(... Sorry, was just trying to help since Trion isn't keeping up with questions. 1005 is one of the most generic errors and has to do with disk/file access problems. It's so generic that it's impossible to give an exact answer without knowing how Glyph or the installer works internally.

Cadmar
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
So I am trying to update the client as needed in preparation for launch and received the Error #2028 ( Don't have the right entitlements to play...) Im not sure if this is because i dont have access to Head Start or if its caused by something else. If someone could help id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

OGC
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM
I had the Beta all patched up. Tried to do the new update and it created a live folder and started re-downloading the whole game. So I went into my Glyph settings and pointed it at my "Beta" folder instead of the new Live folder and it updated without a problem. Only thing is it is called Beta now and not Live, oh well =]

Ouiji
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Damn :(... Sorry, was just trying to help since Trion isn't keeping up with questions. 1005 is one of the most generic errors and has to do with disk/file access problems. It's so generic that it's impossible to give an exact answer without knowing how Glyph or the installer works internally.

The attempt was much appreciated! Copied the folder, renamed to /Beta, changed back to /Beta in glyph, turned it off and restarted glyph, Avast tried to stop the [Heur] file (didn't happen the 1st time) so I reported it as a false positive and now am all set to go. Thanks!

bigsnbou
09-11-2014, 06:34 PM
I just got the update, but as soon as it downloaded I got a message from Avast saying I had a virus .. Win32:Hoblig[Heur] .. It's infecting the cryphysics.dll file ..

I'm sure I need this dll file to work properly, but right now Avast has it quarantined in my virus chest and I'm scared to say it's ok to restore and ignore the warning ..

I know this is a little off topic, but it has to do with the update, and I'd love to know if I can restore this or not ..

OGC
09-11-2014, 06:37 PM
I just got the update, but as soon as it downloaded I got a message from Avast saying I had a virus .. Win32:Hoblig[Heur] .. It's infecting the cryphysics.dll file ..

I'm sure I need this dll file to work properly, but right now Avast has it quarantined in my virus chest and I'm scared to say it's ok to restore and ignore the warning ..

I know this is a little off topic, but it has to do with the update, and I'd love to know if I can restore this or not ..

It is only a False Positive. Add an exception for it and you will be all set =]

Damon
09-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't have a steam version and it required me to install fresh.

Gobblepuff
09-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I tried uninstalling the alpha client and it ended up removing the beta folder instead, oh well reinstalling now and this time I manually renamed the folder to Live. Hopefully that won't give me any issues.

Alden
09-11-2014, 06:46 PM

I hope this does not mean like tomorrow for us out east.. Would love to patch before midnight!!

BlueDragon
09-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Just to see what happened, I backed up my Beta folder, renamed to Live and patched. It wanted to redownload everything again, and it created a new Beta folder. So, for me at least, Live is a no go. I renamed the Live folder as Beta again, and the game likes it and says I'm ready to go. Weirdness continues given all the other things others are seeing.

Gobblepuff
09-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Just to see what happened, I backed up my Beta folder, renamed to Live and patched. It wanted to redownload everything again, and it created a new Beta folder. So, for me at least, Live is a no go. I renamed the Live folder as Beta again, and the game likes it and says I'm ready to go. Weirdness continues given all the other things others are seeing.

That's probably because you didn't go to settings and changed the folder there

KiraNirvanna
09-11-2014, 06:55 PM
You asked us to let you know if Glyph tried to install a full 8.5 gb Mine did this morning. It's all DLed and also has the small patch as well.

sploitinAA
09-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Just for the record, I will start by saying that I have The Alpha and Beta folders for my install of AA.
I had a small patch update this evening (around 5:45PM PDT). I assume this was to my Beta client.
I have these installs on a separate partition, not the default install location so my install looks like:
partition x: Archeage / Alpha
partition x: Archeage / Beta
The patch i got this evening did not create a Live folder for me. I decided to do this manually to see the outcome.

For those that wish to force a fresh install just do the following:
log out of Glyph.
create a empty folder named Live. Make sure there is plenty of room where ever this location is.
log into Glyph, right-click Archeage from the left side and click on Settings. This should open a Settings box.
in Settings box, click Archeage. in Install Folder location, browse to the empty Live folder you just created.
click OK at the bottom of Settings window. Settings window should close.
your big red UPDATE button should now be big and red.
click UPDATE to proceed. This will install a fresh client.

Essentially, the name of the folder you create probably does not matter, as long as Glyph is pointing to it.
I named mine Live for the fact it is the Live client. I also kept folder hierarchy so it's actually drive x:Archeage/Live

Hope this is useful to someone.

Poppaea
09-11-2014, 06:56 PM
15 hours to go :)

Seraphimx
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I opened the Game via Steam and a Glyph message appears:
"The installer was unable to extract some files because the app seems to be running. Please close all windows and try installing it again"

Now i cant open Glyph...
There is no Glyph on CTRL+ALT+DEL

Go to processes.

dabishop
09-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Hope this is useful to someone..

How big is your Glyph folder now? Just curious.

Twindex
09-11-2014, 07:02 PM
I'll post this just in case anyone is getting the corrupted files error after a failed download,
I had to turn off 'Real-Time Scanning' in McAfee Anti-Virus before it would complete the download successfully, I hope this helps someone.

sploitinAA
09-11-2014, 07:08 PM
How big is your Glyph folder now? Just curious.

My Glyph folder, which is on a completely seperate partition from my Archeage installs folder is
Size: 76.2 MB (79,993,894 bytes)
Size on Disk: 76.3 MB (80,056,320 bytes)
Containes: 38 Files, 2 Folders

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:08 PM
i uninstalled archeage beta and all that so i could do the download all over again and im still getting error 2028

jwilson
09-11-2014, 07:09 PM
I just downloaded the game with the 8.5gb patch and didnt get any corrupted file errors

Anaksanamum
09-11-2014, 07:10 PM
since the FIRST closed beta, I never had an error.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/803x674q90/905/KWz50N.png

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 07:11 PM
"You don't have the right entitlements to play this game. (Error 2028)

Getting this message when trying to do a fresh install. Any help with this error message would be much appreciated!

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:13 PM
are they going to help with this 2028 error or not im starting to get pissed off

Bagzli
09-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Hello,

My glyph reinstalled the whole game for me. I was part of alpha and beta and now when I look in the Archeage folder under glyph I have 3 folder, Alpha, Beta and Live.

dabishop
09-11-2014, 07:14 PM
My Glyph folder, which is on a completely seperate partition from my Archeage installs folder is
Size: 76.2 MB (79,993,894 bytes)
Size on Disk: 76.3 MB (80,056,320 bytes)
Containes: 38 Files, 2 Folders

What about your AA folder? In total I have 23.2GB and just confirming that's the size of it all currently. I have all mine installed in the same place on my SSD as I heard in the early days the game didn't like separate installs.

Twindex
09-11-2014, 07:16 PM
i uninstalled archeage beta and all that so i could do the download all over again and im still getting error 2028

Did you get the game from steam?
If so did you apply the key on the key registration page on trion's web site?

Scrivean
09-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Hello,

My glyph reinstalled the whole game for me. I was part of alpha and beta and now when I look in the Archeage folder under glyph I have 3 folder, Alpha, Beta and Live.

I have the same, Played in Alpha, every closed and open beta, and now have 3 folders. It is still downloading the 8.5 GB Install.

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Yeah, so what it seems is that people who have Beta folders are able to download the update without the 2028 error I and a few others seem to be getting when trying to do a fresh install. There must be something in the Beta folder allowing the update. Any word on this issue TRION?

NoaIV
09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
so is any one going to be able to down load/update the game before the 16th if they F2P

kisa
09-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Getting this message when trying to do a fresh install. Any help with this error message would be much appreciated!

This. Please, someone help to fix this error...

TheSilvertree
09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I've tried it both ways - downloading the 8.58GB file and letting it install (creates Live folder), and tried renaming the Beta folder to Live. In neither scenario do I get the 152.3MB patch.

Scratch that.

I checked the version info:

My C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live\history.txt files says version 204948f.
My C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta\history.txt files says version 204704f.

So I did the rename deal again, and this time got the patch! After patch, the version reads 204948f (same as the 8.53GB download).

So I'm guessing if 204948f is your version, you're gtg!

Twindex
09-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I have the same, Played in Alpha, every closed and open beta, and now have 3 folders. It is still downloading the 8.5 GB Install.
You could stop the download and just re-name your beta folder to 'Live', then it will just do the 152mb update.

sploitinAA
09-11-2014, 07:23 PM
What about your AA folder? In total I have 23.2GB and just confirming that's the size of it all currently. I have all mine installed in the same place on my SSD as I heard in the early days the game didn't like separate installs.

Alpha folder is 23.1 ,
Beta folder is 23.3 , size: (25,039,257,516 bytes) , size on disk: (25,039,568,088 bytes) , 194 Files, 23 Folders
Live folder is 23.0 , size: (24,759,604,833 bytes) , size on disk: (24,759,775,232 bytes) , 116 Files, 6 Folders

As for installation dates, I originally installed the Beta at begining of CB2. All updates for that came through Glyph and I never
had any issues as far as game install being different than default or separate from Glyph. Alpha was installed through Glyph
between CB3/CB4.

Gobblepuff
09-11-2014, 07:24 PM
I've tried it both ways - downloading the 8.58GB file and letting it install (creates Live folder), and tried renaming the Beta folder to Live. In neither scenario do I get the 153MB patch.

Probably because it includes it in the download if you're installing the game from scratch

nandobh
09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Error error error error error error error error error error error error error error 2028 =///

W4RG
09-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Error 2028...

Scapes
09-11-2014, 07:29 PM

are they going to help with this 2028 error or not im starting to get pissed off

We're looking into this now.

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:31 PM
ok well im trying to install the game and im getting the error

Hauntingz
09-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Did the small update and my directory still goes to /beta.....is this correct?

kisa
09-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Thank you Scapes :)

Znick
09-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Scapes, can you clarify whether we're supposed to have /beta or /live? People are not certain and different posts say different things.

I auto updated the 150m, but it still says- C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta

Is that ready to go?

Kyla1218
09-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Has the patch been implemented for the launch through Steam? I still have a blank library.

CorruptShadow
09-11-2014, 07:37 PM
(~~This is not for steam installs~~) Goto settings in glyph change the install folder directory from beta to Live then go to your beta folder and rename it to live. Restart glyph client and your good to go with all the correct folder names etc though I dont think it will matter in the end.

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Thank you for the reply Scapes! I am glad to hear I am not the only one having this issue!

Tsaarden
09-11-2014, 07:39 PM
It wants to do the full 8.58gb download for me.

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
im getting the error when i try to install the game

Gobblepuff
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Scapes, can you clarify whether we're supposed to have /beta or /live? People are not certain and different posts say different things.

I auto updated the 150m, but it still says- C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta

Is that ready to go?

it shouldn't matter dude. whatever folder is in the settings for Archeage is what it should be.

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:43 PM
if we dont have a founders pack or what not we cant download or update the game untill the 16th ??

Metalbunny
09-11-2014, 07:43 PM
1. It doesn't matter what your folders are called or where they are, as long as Glyph points to the right one.
2. When fully patched with the currently available patch your history.txt file should read "version 204948f" it seems. If you have multiple folders, make sure Glyph points to the one with the history.txt file that has that version number (right-click ArcheAge in Glyph, choose settings in the menu, and the rest should be self-explanatory from there).
3. It doesn't matter what your Desktop Shortcut is called, the game doesn't care (even HackShield doesn't care).
4. F2Pers SHOULD be able to update the game as well, they just can't play till Tuesday.

As for anything else, hopefully Scapes can give some answers, or get some IT guys to actually pay attention to the forum.

Anyhoo... it's 4.45 AM here and I am heading to bed. Hope I at least helped some people tonight.

sploitinAA
09-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Did the small update and my directory still goes to /beta.....is this correct?

Is that ready to go?

My update this evening did this as well. I am doing a fresh install to see if the final fresh install is same as the updated Beta install'
I'll be posting back as soon as I have final result.

Final result: link (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?40131-Patching-from-Open-Beta-to-Launch&p=447320#post447320)

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:47 PM
im freaking out hear man........

Lingwon
09-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Hang in there. If we could, I'd shout you a redbull. coffee if you prefer lol

NoaIV
09-11-2014, 07:53 PM
1. It doesn't matter what your folders are called or where they are, as long as Glyph points to the right one.
2. When fully patched with the currently available patch your history.txt file should read "version 204948f" it seems. If you have multiple folders, make sure Glyph points to the one with the history.txt file that has that version number (right-click ArcheAge in Glyph, choose settings in the menu, and the rest should be self-explanatory from there).
3. It doesn't matter what your Desktop Shortcut is called, the game doesn't care (even HackShield doesn't care).
4. F2Pers SHOULD be able to update the game as well, they just can't play till Tuesday.

As for anything else, hopefully Scapes can give some answers, or get some IT guys to actually pay attention to the forum.

Anyhoo... it's 4.45 AM here and I am heading to bed. Hope I at least helped some people tonight.

ya i am a free to player and so is my will be guild head and we both getting the error #2028 and any attemt to hit update gets the same error

Scapes
09-11-2014, 07:53 PM
So everyone's aware, unless you have a Founder's Pack, you won't be able to patch to Build 4.9 until launch. Tomorrow is the beginning of Head Start which is exclusive to Founders. Be sure to check your account to confirm whether you have a Founder's Pack applied to your account.

If you do and you're still getting Error 2028, please contact our Support Team: http://support.trionworlds.com

asheszo
09-11-2014, 07:54 PM
so free to play people cant download the game untill launch ??

Hauntingz
09-11-2014, 07:55 PM
So everyone's aware, unless you have a Founder's Pack, you won't be able to patch to Build 4.9 until launch. Tomorrow is the beginning of Head Start which is exclusive to Founders. Be sure to check your account to confirm whether you have a Founder's Pack applied to your account.

If you do and you're still getting Error 2028, please contact our Support Team: http://support.trionworlds.com

scapes should my glyph directory still end in /beta??? alot of us are wondering this

founders back here

Znick
09-11-2014, 07:58 PM
I've tried it both ways - downloading the 8.58GB file and letting it install (creates Live folder), and tried renaming the Beta folder to Live. In neither scenario do I get the 152.3MB patch.

Scratch that.

I checked the version info:

My C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live\history.txt files says version 204948f.
My C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta\history.txt files says version 204704f.

So I did the rename deal again, and this time got the patch! After patch, the version reads 204948f (same as the 8.53GB download).

So I'm guessing if 204948f is your version, you're gtg!

How can we tell?

NoaIV
09-11-2014, 07:59 PM
i can see not launching the game till the 16th if your a f2p but no down load till then that makes no sense what so ever

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I have the Founder's Pack applied to my account, but I am still getting the error 2028 message. Also, you give the link to contact Trion support, but there isn't live chat right now so how is that going to work exactly?

asheszo
09-11-2014, 08:01 PM
thats what i thought since i am trying to install the game but i cant because the error haha

dabishop
09-11-2014, 08:02 PM
How can we tell?

Look up the file on that path. Mine says 204948f but is still \beta

Znick
09-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Look up the file on that path. Mine says 204948f but is still \beta

The path doesn't say the #... but it's /beta too.

Alden
09-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Scapes.. any fix on the black screen from steam buyers yet? Thanks

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Error 2028 with Founder's Pack Code applied to account

I am still getting the "Error 2028" message even with the Founder's Pack Code applied to my account. There is no way of contacting anyone through the support team right now. Is there another solution to this issue?

sploitinAA
09-11-2014, 08:12 PM
How can we tell?

open the "history.txt" file in the folder.

Karnahk
09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Can we get an ETA on the Steam Patch? I know you said tonight so here is hoping it is in the next hour or so. Getting kind of late for us out East.

Alden
09-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Can we get an ETA on the Steam Patch? I know you said tonight so here is hoping it is in the next hour or so. Getting kind of late for us out East.

What he said... Would love to come back from work tomorrow and be able to play instead of patching and figuring out this beta / live folder stuff! Really not interested in re downloading everything!!

Scapes
09-11-2014, 08:20 PM
so free to play people cant download the game untill launch ??

For now, yes, as we need to prioritize Founders' downloads at the moment.

asheszo
09-11-2014, 08:21 PM
thanks scapes :)

Scapes
09-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Scapes.. any fix on the black screen from steam buyers yet? Thanks

Not quite yet, the team is still working on it.

Scapes
09-11-2014, 08:22 PM
What he said... Would love to come back from work tomorrow and be able to play instead of patching and figuring out this beta / live folder stuff! Really not interested in re downloading everything!!

I hear you, that's the last thing we want too.

Elvyn
09-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey Scapes! I have Founder's Pack still getting the error 2028. Can't contact trion support right now. Anyway to resolve this? Thanks!

Hauntingz
09-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Scapes you must be pulling your hair out lol

Karnahk
09-11-2014, 08:29 PM
On the subject of pulling his hair out, thanks for all the effort. There are tons questions to field and you have been quick to reply.

edezioppn
09-11-2014, 08:30 PM
any solution to update the game, I'm still error 2028 and I'm founder package

patricksz949
09-11-2014, 08:33 PM
can somone just take their 204948 folder compress it into a zip file and upload it onto mega or something? that way people can just download the zip file and extract it into their 204948 folder..... it will save me and other people alot of misery since customer support is.. well non existent.. if you do be sure to link to the page too plz

Glyph needs to release a zipfile of the required pak files for people having download trouble as a quick fix until they can actually fix the download client, ...... seriously that would resolve maybe 80% of the download problems they currently have. It will be simple.. click here to download zipfile, extract files, copy into xx folder and start up client to play during head start or official launch

LogicalUnit
09-11-2014, 08:36 PM
I just applied the ~150MB patch and have version 204948f in /Beta

Fiia
09-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I just applied the ~150MB patch and have version 204948f in /Beta
Me too, this means we're good to go. :D You can also check that by browsing to the /Download folder. It should now contain the folder saying that this is the "Stable" Release.

Oakos
09-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Im a Archeum founder (150.00) and still just getting a black screen as of 8:37pm PST, I bought through steam.

Just giving you guys some info! Im sure it will get sorted...right?....right...?

dabishop
09-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Im a Archeum founder (150.00) and still just getting a black screen as of 8:37pm PST, I bought through steam.

Just giving you guys some info! Im sure it will get sorted...right?....right...?

Read through Scapes posts, they are still working on a fix for Steam'ers.

LogicalUnit
09-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Me too, this means we're good to go. :D You can also check that by browsing to the /Download folder. It should now contain the folder saying that this is the "Stable" Release.

I don't see a /Download folder, just C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta

Fiia
09-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't see a /Download folder, just C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta
Check again. There should be a "bin32" and a "Download" folder present somewhere in the ArcheAge directory/directories. Just do a folder search for it. If you do not find those folders, then it could also be that my folder structure is just different. Either way it doesn't really matter, if you were able to download the ~150MB Patch you should be good to go. :)

LogicalUnit
09-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Check again. There should be a "bin32" and a "Download" folder present somewhere in the ArcheAge directory. If not, then it could be that my folder structure is just different. Either way, if you were able to download the ~150MB Patch you should be good to go. :)

It's not present. I bought a founder pack and downloaded the client after the beta ended, ie a couple of days ago. I've never actually run the client.

Oakos
09-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Read through Scapes posts, they are still working on a fix for Steam'ers.

I did, just had not seen any messages related to how its going.... I guess I would like to know if I should just delete everything, log into Trion and redownload everything or if patience will pay off here. I have no issue DLing everything again, if I started now should be done in a few hours and I'm good to go....right?

adityababu
09-11-2014, 08:57 PM
I Bought the archeage silver founders pack yesterday ... since i couldnt install the new update i uniinstalled it ... now i cant seem to install it {u dont hav the right entitlements to play this game game error#2028

ScorpioSymbol
09-11-2014, 09:00 PM
So... I've got that glyph update now, and all I'm seeing when I run ArcheAge is a "Big Black Nothing". Just the Glyph banner at the top, settings, Help, logout--the rest is solid black. I tried deleting all my ArcheAge content and re-installing, I got a "play" screen for less than half a second then it was back to jet black.

Fiia
09-11-2014, 09:00 PM
It's not present. I bought a founder pack and downloaded the client after the beta ended, ie a couple of days ago. I've never actually run the client.
Oh ok then that will be why. I downloaded ArcheAge only a few weeks after Alpha started. I guess that's why. But as I said, as long as you were able to download the patch, everything should be fine. :D

Fiia
09-11-2014, 09:03 PM
So... I've got that glyph update now, and all I'm seeing when I run ArcheAge is a "Big Black Nothing". Just the Glyph banner at the top, settings, Help, logout--the rest is solid black. I tried deleting all my ArcheAge content and re-installing, I got a "play" screen for less than half a second then it was back to jet black.
How are you even able to run ArcheAge from Glyph? The servers are still offline. You should get an "Offline" button when you navigate to ArcheAge in Glyph.

Oakos
09-11-2014, 09:04 PM

This is also what I have going on.... we shall panic together!

Fiia
09-11-2014, 09:05 PM
This is also what I have going on.... we shall panic together!
Just an idea: try starting Glyph in Administrator mode explicitly.

Oakos
09-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Just an idea: try starting Glyph in Administrator mode explicitly.

Apparently this is a known issue for them, Steam users that is.... we await some loving!

DarkStar
09-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Adventurers,

Mine wants to download the 8.5gb

Fiia
09-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Apparently this is a known issue for them, Steam users that is.... we await some loving!
I see, then I hope this gets resolved before headstart. :D

Abovethelaw
09-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Mine wants to download the 8.5gb

Did you rename your folder?

Alden
09-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Looks like Steam account are now ok.. downloading a 152mb patch.. thanks Trion..

goblinfire
09-11-2014, 09:33 PM
i updated its all good waiting for it to go online now xD cant wait

Oakos
09-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Indeed, nice work fellas!

goblinfire
09-11-2014, 09:36 PM
the glider u get with pack looks sick xD

BrittneyCat
09-11-2014, 09:36 PM
It's working with Steam now! Thanks Trion! :D

Gumball
09-11-2014, 09:37 PM
On the subject of pulling his hair out, thanks for all the effort. There are tons questions to field and you have been quick to reply.

You're being sarcastic, right?

At this point of writing, there are 25 pages of queries. Though some are repeats, I count a total of 5 post from this "Community Manager".

Who doesn't agree that, after months of Alpha and Beta, this is the moment when the patron community is at its most vulnerable and anxious? I don't know, but a part of me is expecting an epic fail at launch...

Here's to keeping our fingers crossed!

chironexgames
09-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Both my wife and my steam are blank screens when glyph loads still as of 5 mins ago 12:39 am est

Should we just redownload the entire game?