PDA

View Full Version : Another build! HighMobility High CC High Burst Melee!

Maplesyrup
04-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure I can classify this as a rogue like class or not, either way it does have stealth and plays like a rogue/warrior. With a CC break/Reduction, leaps, charges, roots, stuns, and pulls this build should have no problem sticking to any opponent. Focused more around solo play this build does extremely well at picking off and hunting them down. No matter what they may try no one should be able to slip away. Stealth also allows you to set up and scout for your group and get away should you get in a sticky situation. This build also has a decent amount of defensive cooldowns and should be able to support its self if played properly.

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1437-MAIN_BUILD_HIGH_BURST_HIGH_MOBILITY_ROGUE

Will be doing a more detailed write up covering why each ability is chosen soon. Looking along the lines of my other builds write up. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?3936-Hard-CC-Supportive-Build.-PVP

VMBarbosa
04-23-2014, 07:38 PM
You're going to want to take out Lasso and grab Hard-Cut. Works great with comboing it with Shadowstep. You also have enough gap closers so Lasso seem unnecessary along with having to cast it.

Monkey Overlord
04-23-2014, 07:43 PM
I would be interested to see how this build works. It isn't something I would put together, I try to spread out my points across specs more. I think it could be fun for the scenarios maplesyrup mentioned though.

Maplesyrup
04-23-2014, 07:44 PM
I'd rather have the utility casted or not, there's many situations where Lasso would be extremely useful especially in a 1v2 situation where you have someone else helping to peel you off whoever you're trying to finish off. Also on top of that as far as small scale 2v2/3v3 PVP Would be concerned the ability to pull a high priority target out of position, root and then stun them is an extremely valuable thing to be able to offer in my eyes. There's a big difference between gap closers and displacement.

As far as shadowstep goes as well, you can also use it onto an ally/mobs in a more defensive manor. Being able to save that as a last resort gap closer offensively leaves you open to use it for other things.

I do appreciate the input though!

Maplesyrup
04-23-2014, 08:00 PM
@Monkey Overlord.

Spreading your points out can be a very good or very bad thing! Depends how you manage it, though as I'm sure you can tell some very good abilities are deeper into tree's and some very strong ones are right at the start! Balancing that you can really take a lot from one tree and still pick up a useful ability/passive from another.