PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Founder's Packs Now Available!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scapes
04-24-2014, 03:30 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AA_POSE_FoundersCostume_08_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-founders-packs-now-available)

Calling all adventurers, explorers, warriors, and artisans! ArcheAge Founder's Packs have arrived with Beta access, Patron bonuses, gliders, Head Start perks, in-game Credits, and more.

Preview all three Founder's Packs (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop) and secure your spot in our upcoming Beta, or join Alpha right now as an Archeum founder and lead the way into the grand adventure that awaits!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-founders-packs-now-available)

Swoax
04-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Bought the $150 pack (186€ for me ;__; ).

I couldnt contain myself!

http://i.imgur.com/8qRrr83.gif

Pnut
04-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Im European, our packs are more expensive, but if you make a new trion account and state that you are living in the US, the highest tier pack is 150$ instead of 180+
My question: will you be able to create a character on the EU server(s) once the release goes live or will you be forced to play on US?

Skilliard
Ridiculously overpriced, pathetic money grab.

VMBarbosa
Time to play alpha.

Also Scapes. If we already have Alpha Access and buy the $150 Founder Pack can we get an Alpha referral key to give to someone else since we already have alpha?

OnlyTwitch
04-24-2014, 05:26 PM
So pumped for alpha just spent 150 :D

-Internal-Paradox-
04-24-2014, 05:30 PM
I have so many questions! I'm exited though!

WG. Jiuer
dat money~~~

Cardex
Anyone else getting the error "unable to complete your purchase, try again later" when attempting to buy the Archeum?

Please tell me they're not sold out already.

VMBarbosa
04-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Anyone else getting the error "unable to complete your purchase, try again later" when attempting to buy the Archeum?

Please tell me they're not sold out already.

Check your credit card information. Same thing happened to me.

Cardex
04-24-2014, 05:33 PM

I'm using paypal.

Malignu
04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
What i can buy with in-game credits?

Emphasition
04-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Remember that with the Archeum pack you're actually paying $33 for Alpha access and the unique goodies, because the other bonuses such as credits and patron status would cost you the remainder anyway!

Its a steep price for me so I'm going to have to think about it, but I'm glad its available :)

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 05:39 PM
This is a pretty difficult choice for me.
Not sure which one to get or if I will get one.
The Archeum is clearly the best to get..

Choices..

http://www.transportationissuesdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Choices-Ahead.jpg

Cardex
04-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Is paypal just not working right for these purchases? I removed my paypal account and then tried to readd it and the site is erroring out on me now. :(

The Elderling
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Same thing here, and i'm using paypal, maybe the site is IP blocking, because i'm from south america ?

Nyilaira
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Ridiculously overpriced, pathetic money grab.

I agree. As student I cannot afford at all this.

Cardex
04-24-2014, 05:50 PM
So it seems Trion's site is rejecting paypal...?

Plz help, @Scapes.

Gundam_Man
04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
such a hefty price just for "ALPHA" and 50 more dollars for in game currency and patron status, but i am going to have to sleep on it but looking at whats in the pack nothing to outrages even the title and the cloak state boost don't seem to OP don't know if you can get a "title" and "cloak" that have better states early or late in the game

Aghorelia
04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Updated on our site, goodnight I'm exhausted.

Amanene13
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
I think I'll wait for the official launch date. ;w;

sulli
04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
As much as I am jealous as hell that people are getting into alpha right now!.. I can't wait to see more streams coming about because of it! Get them Twitches Twitching lads and ladies!

Cardex
04-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Still not letting me purchase it.

Spankybunz
04-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Such a tough decision to make. I mean, I would absolutely love to pick up the max-pack and jump into Alpha right now... but that is a significant price for access. $50 for Beta is steep as it is, but for me, it'd be worth it just to check out the events and what not. Think I'm going to sleep on this one.

Anselmo
04-24-2014, 06:09 PM
I think I'll wait for the official launch date. ;w;

Official release at the end of the year, wait on that cof cof

JimMystic
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Official release at the end of the year, wait on that cof cof

Gives you plenty of time to be an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to people, huh?

Anselmo
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I wanted to know if this is given on Alpha´s ONLYor does it go with you trow live/Release

Exclusive Title: "Trailblazer" (+3 to all stats)
Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider
Exclusive Founder’s Cloak (+3 to all stats and customizable)
Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume
Reagents to put your own crest in-game
6 Daru Chests with a chance to get a mount!
10 Pet Healing Potions
10 Evenstones
10 Hereafter Stones
11,250 in-game Credits ($75 value)
90-Day Patron Status ($45 value)
Includes Patron’s Labor Regeneration
Patron’s Experience Bonus
Ability to Own Land
Loyalty Rewards

Yue
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I honestly think it is a bit steep for prices, How ever in anticipation of this I did save the money to buy the max pack of founder.

I know there is a lot of rage or crying over the matter of prices and the fact that many want to get in as soon as possible. But you have to think of it from their side too.
In my best guess it is to control the flood of people wanting to get in, in order to observe the servers, basically its a mini stress test in my honest opinion.

Sinroy
04-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Sigh... Unfortunately all the packs are quite a bit more expensive then I would value the each one to be at. I suppose I will just wait for open beta and continue watching streamers play the game (hopefully with more PvP action with the influx of players due to those who can afford the Archeum pack).

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I wanted to know if this is given on Alpha´s ONLYor does it go with you trow live/Release

Exclusive Title: "Trailblazer" (+3 to all stats)
Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider
Exclusive Founder’s Cloak (+3 to all stats and customizable)
Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume
6 Daru Chests with a chance to get a mount!
10 Pet Healing Potions
10 Evenstones
10 Hereafter Stones
11,250 in-game Credits ($75 value)
90-Day Patron Status ($45 value)
Includes Patron’s Labor Regeneration
Patron’s Experience Bonus
Ability to Own Land
Loyalty Rewards

This goes on through Release and onward.
The Patron status will not activate till the game launches.
If it didn't it would not be worth it lol.

Wolfguy
04-24-2014, 06:23 PM
This goes on through Release and onward.
The Patron status will not activate till the game launches.
If it didn't it would not be worth it lol.

Lol basically this, it is a "founder" pack! Think of it as a pre-order.

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Lol basically this, it is a "founder" pack! Think of it as a pre-order.

Yep! I gave in and bought it the Archeum!

-Internal-Paradox-
04-24-2014, 06:31 PM
I think I'm going to sleep on this. I need to feel certain. It's a lot of money to give away, and I don't have much saved...

Anselmo
04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
I think I'm going to sleep on this. I need to feel certain. It's a lot of money to give away, and I don't have much saved...

Use paypal, there are ways of geting that money back, but you lose your Archage account for sure

Baron Zemo
04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
This question will decide if I buy founder's pack or not, will this run through launch as subscription ? or is this just for Alpha & Beta?

-Internal-Paradox-
04-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Use paypal, there are ways of geting that money back, but you lose your Archage account for sure

I'll lose my ArcheAge account...? Don't we have like a few weeks before the packs are shut down?

Lilibet
04-24-2014, 06:47 PM
So, I'm trying to understand this, but you'd have to buy the $150.00 pack to get into the Alpha right now?

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
This question will decide if I buy founder's pack or not, will this run through launch as subscription ? or is this just for Alpha & Beta?

Depends on what you mean by that.
The founder's packs are a pay once thing, and give you all the things listed
But there is an option to become a "patron" where you pay monthly(like $15 a month or so) for certain in-game bonuses. Not the same thing as the Founder packs though.
Hopefully that cleared things up for you.

Lateralis
04-24-2014, 06:51 PM
My butt hurts, but I bought 150 founders pack :-\

NINJAOFHATRED
04-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Im confused and lost on the whole founders packs because i was at work plus thats kind of high on prices. It seems that its an easy way to get money back from making the game.

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 06:52 PM
So, I'm trying to understand this, but you'd have to buy the $150.00 pack to get into the Alpha right now?

Yes, that is exactly right.
It's either that or get selected for alpha access.
Pretty much by luck. Basically things like giveaways or getting selected for being an active member of the community or even just random people who signed up for beta.

kiwiitis
04-24-2014, 06:54 PM
I could not resist the Founder's pack.

Regards Gramps

StolenPaper
04-24-2014, 06:55 PM
$150 gone and I can't even download the game, lol. Anyone know what error 1012 is and how to fix it? Very eager to get in.

bleedingblak
04-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Think I would be more interested in paying 50 bucks if I knew the dates of the events.

Would rather not spend the money on days I have loads of work to do. So until then, I can wait.

Furorentsu
04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Did anyone figure out how this will work for NA/EU servers. Like will they have 2 regions, or will the game itself have like on the list of servers NA and EU servers on the list?
Will the founderpack whichever you get be unlocked in your Trion account and then you activate for what server etc...I'm confused lol

Steelfight
04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
I consider this way too expensive for Alpha/Beta and some goodies. Im sure many feel the same way. Also +$50 could be very hard to come up with for students.

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Did anyone figure out how this will work for NA/EU servers. Like will they have 2 regions, or will the game itself have like on the list of servers NA and EU servers on the list?
Will the founderpack whichever you get be unlocked in your Trion account and then you activate for what server etc...I'm confused lol

At the moment I think there is still only one server.
But when launch comes and other servers open up.. I'm not so sure.
I imagine you will be able to select either a NA or EU server from the same game client.
Like they will both be there, but you just have to pick the one you wish to join.
I don't think you will be blocked from NA servers if you are from EU.
But then again.. I'm just guessing here, so I could be very wrong.

Furorentsu
04-24-2014, 07:06 PM
At the moment I think there is still only one server.
But when launch comes and other servers open up.. I'm not so sure.
I imagine you will be able to select either a NA or EU server from the same game client.
Like they will both be there, but you just have to pick the one you wish to join.
I don't think you will be blocked from NA servers if you are from EU.
But then again.. I'm just guessing here, so I could be very wrong.

Yeah, if it's from same launcher I'm guessing your founder pack will be linked to the actual trion account right.
That means you'd be able to play on both NA and EU servers with the headstart (for example) but the exclusive items should be locked to 1 character I'm guessing
Like you take it out from some weird cash shop inventory thingy most games have.
Just guessing

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah, if it's from same launcher I'm guessing your founder pack will be linked to the actual trion account right.
That means you'd be able to play on both NA and EU servers with the headstart (for example) but the exclusive items should be locked to 1 character I'm guessing
Like you take it out from some weird cash shop inventory thingy most games have.
Just guessing

Yeah. This is what I am thinking also.
Or you will get your items from the in-game mail.

Furorentsu
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah. This is what I am thinking also.
Or you will get your items from the in-game mail.

Yeah but that would be kind of hard wouldn't it?
I mean what if you make 1 character and want to change race, but you'll get forced cause they'll send the stuff to the mail lol :p
Unless..they make it like Aion did where you gotta pick the character in account settings and the press "send items"

Rellondir
04-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah but that would be kind of hard wouldn't it?
I mean what if you make 1 character and want to change race, but you'll get forced cause they'll send the stuff to the mail lol :p
Unless..they make it like Aion did where you gotta pick the character in account settings and the press "send items"

Good point.
We'll see soon enough I suppose.
I'm fairly certain the items will still be given during alpha/beta.
As well as again on release.

Furorentsu
04-24-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if I should get a founders pack yet tho, since I don't know the answer to my question yet.
I don't want to get a founders pack and be stuck with it being bound to NA servers, since I'm from EU e_e

Palinore
04-24-2014, 07:31 PM
I can't wait for you guys to join us in game! Hurry up! =)

kiloran7
04-24-2014, 07:31 PM
I'll lose my ArcheAge account...? Don't we have like a few weeks before the packs are shut down?

Yes the packs themselfs will be on sale however. The alpha access possibility will be shut off once the hit a certain cap of players so your ability to play now will be gone in a few weeks hell at the rate they were buying them up i dont think it will be a week before they turn off the ability for the $150 pack to get you into alpha....actually make it 5 days or less. People are buying them by the trove's they did say that they will make a announcement or remove the option on the packs info so you should check to make sure before buying the pack if your only trying to get into alpha.

kiloran7
04-24-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure if I should get a founders pack yet tho, since I don't know the answer to my question yet.
I don't want to get a founders pack and be stuck with it being bound to NA servers, since I'm from EU e_e

I cant say im 100% but Trion worlds is publishing for NA,EU,AU and they do not ip block so you "should" be able to go back and forth if you wanted but again im not 100% on that just pretty sure.

Smi77y
04-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Been dying to get in. Thank you for letting people in, even if it is a ton of money. I really get angry with companies claiming "alpha" and then being shown on Twitch. I'm glad that I too had a chance to get in. This game looks incredibly promising and I really hope it ends up being what it can be!

Pagani
04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
$ 149,99 = R$ 331,00 + impostos...
Se bem que $ 75,00 vão voltar em créditos no lançamento, junto com vários itens...
Vai sair na verdade por $ 74,99 um acesso ao alpha...
Ainda está fora a minha realidade. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$ 149.99 = R$ 331.00 + tax ...
Although $ 75.00 in credits go back at launch, along with various items ...
Will actually quit by $ 74.99 an access to the alpha ...
Still outside my reality. :(

christian
04-24-2014, 09:59 PM
When are we going to hear the winners for the picture contest?

sadoank
04-24-2014, 10:07 PM
question that i want to ask for you all...

Are you willing to pay 50$, 100$ or 150$ for your character deleted while play alpha and beta?
even it give you some other thing, is it worth for you to pay for deleted character?

Serpentfly
04-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Got so excited Im gonna get the first pack (Sorry Im not made of money)

Erpie
04-24-2014, 10:43 PM
If i had 150 euros to spend i would get it straight away even if its a bit overpriced. So much to do in this game and you would spend the money on other games that are only playable for a few hours.

Deithrian
04-24-2014, 10:47 PM
... .... ....

Vaj
04-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Let's recap. :)

People waited 3 years for the game.
Trion gives Alpha access to a bunch of poophead streamers instead of people who waited 3 years.
Trion gives Alpha invites again to poophead streamers to distribute.
Trion then announces Founder packs.
With the Alpha Founder's Pack for ArcheAge you can play ONE YEAR of Elder Scrolls online, EvE Online, or any other subscription based MMO.
That's ONE YEAR vs Alpha access where you will lose everything you work for.

I never was a Trion customer, and now I consider myself lucky that I never will be.
Thanks for the early warning ^^ farewell.

Super salty!

Spookyy
04-24-2014, 11:18 PM
How about give people who gave you money AND alpha/beta tested you're previous games some good consumer relations and send out alpha access?

Azure
04-24-2014, 11:45 PM
question that i want to ask for you all...

Alpha & Beta Access
11,250 Credits (£50 Value)
4-Day Patron Head Start
Title: "Trailblazer"
90-Day Patron Status
6 Daru Chests
10 Evenstones
10 Hereafter Stones
Glass Phoenix Glider
Desert Assassin Platemail
10 Pet Healing Potions
Founder's Cloak

Whats the problem here?

94 days sub and £50 in-game credit seems pretty nice for £109 not to mention custom emblem design and Glider.

YmoN
04-24-2014, 11:49 PM
It must be a joke with this prices :)
Even the smallest pack for 50EUR just to play in Beta and then wipe is a joke for me.
Good luck blind ppl.

Gorthezar
04-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Still not sure but $150 bucks still seems like a bit to much on the fence on if it is worth it to me without a job at the moment. Maybe.

Mavol
04-24-2014, 11:57 PM
I think the packs contents,prices are fine. I think they should change the name "trailblazer" though just reminds me of Landmarks packs.

Landogar Nordwin
04-24-2014, 11:59 PM
ARCHEUM
ALL MINE!!!
Muhahahaha
mine haahahahaaa O_____o

Elione
04-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Alpha & Beta Access
11,250 Credits (£50 Value)
4-Day Patron Head Start
Title: "Trailblazer"
90-Day Patron Status
6 Daru Chests
10 Evenstones
10 Hereafter Stones
Glass Phoenix Glider
10 Pet Healing Potions
Founder's Cloak

Whats the problem here?

94 days sub and £50 in-game credit seems pretty nice for £109 not to mention custom emblem design and Glider.

I completely agree with you here. Like someone on facebook commented; $75 worth of in-game credit and around 3 months subs, meaning the rest of the stuff is around $45, which is a fair price. Compared to other founder packs of other mmos I have played what is being offered here for that price is a reasonable deal, don't really see a problem with it.

Denzy
04-25-2014, 12:03 AM
I purchased RIFT before it came out as a pre-order and also bought into Defiance. Played RIFT for a couple of months and got bored and moved to Aion.

Defiance was OK for about 1 week. Then it became so repetitive.

I got both of these games for under $150. Now they offer founders pack for an alpha that means nothing for a Free2Play game.

Guess what?

WildStar, Blade and Soul, Bless Online and Black Desert all coming out later this year. ArcheAge will only exist for so long, like the Korean version.

zOxigen
04-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Am yes its a little bit expensive for me too, so i waiting the beta then.

Azure
04-25-2014, 12:11 AM
I purchased RIFT before it came out as a pre-order and also bought into Defiance. Played RIFT for a couple of months and got bored and moved to Aion.

Defiance was OK for about 1 week. Then it became so repetitive.

I got both of these games for under $150. Now they offer founders pack for an alpha that means nothing for a Free2Play game.

Guess what?

WildStar, Blade and Soul, Bless Online and Black Desert all coming out later this year. ArcheAge will only exist for so long, like the Korean version.

With the Massive ESO flop I can imagine people will go for this game first as its free 2 play when it comes out and has an interesting economy in place, rather than part with more cash for a chance of another ESO happening again. Though I have no problem with paying for a founders pack for this game as it is already pretty solid being out for 2 years and such.

Prestonian
04-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Hi

Can anyone confirm what we get for being a Patron?
Ive seen what we get for Rift but have Trion actually stated what Patron status gives in this game?
Im trying to extract value out of the package to see if its really work it because at the moment it looks like $15 a month for patron status but without knowing the details its hard to work out whether the benefits outweigh the costs

Kitah
04-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Question! Question!

If I don't spend the £50 worth of coins, will i be able to get them when the main game starts up? That's the only thing that's really got me on the fence right now...

Elione
04-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Question! Question!

If I don't spend the £50 worth of coins, will i be able to get them when the main game starts up? That's the only thing that's really got me on the fence right now...

From my understanding, may be wrong, but all of the items including the in-game credits will be on you account when the game fully launches.

Prestonian
04-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Question! Question!

You wont be spending any of those credits in Alpha/Beta.
Why would you when there will be a character wipe?
Those credits will go live once the game goes live

Ibrins
04-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Ouch. That's... Yeah, no. As much as I'm hyped for Archeage, I'm not THAT hyped. Getting shafted on the Euro conversion, as usual, doesn't help either.
Here's to hoping there'll be enough housing space left after those 4 early access days.

Tiaryn
04-25-2014, 12:43 AM
The packs aren#t that expencive when you sum up what you get.
150$ for the paket
-45$ for 3 month subscription
-75$ cashshop currency
= 30$ for all the other swag like costume, cloak, alpha+beta access

price for an costume in russia is about 20$ (it has stats)

//quick question: did a european already change the country, payed in dollar with paypal and changed back to the original country without problems?

Turtles
04-25-2014, 12:57 AM
imo, packs are too cheap. The cheapest one shouldnt be so cheap, and beta access for game that has been released in other parts of the world, for just $60 (for euros), thats a steal. Might as well make it $99 instead.

Also, founders packs is a bit misleading name, it should be renamed to beta packs. Game has already been founded. and released. Or at least name it translated packs.

And one last thing, while i applaoud trion for making beta packs so easily accessible to just about everyone, i think they should have one another higher tier too, just toss some other stuff and sell it at $499, some people would still buy it. Sure it wont bring you any good publicity (but based on these packs you arent after it anyways), but it should still make you some money.

TLDR:
"founder" packs, for a game thats been founded, released, and generally speaking, developed as a whole by another company, its on market for more than a year now, and its just getting translated/adjusted a bit for our market, for just 200 odd dollars - way to go trion.

cheap packs are cheap. do they even realize most games that havent actually been released yet, sell their founders pack at cheaper prices? No, really this is ridiculous. If it were $10-$20 for beta access or just 4 days headstart, sure why not id give it a shot too but the cheapest pack being $60+ is just... unexpected really.

Really didnt see this one coming :P

Halkeh
04-25-2014, 01:05 AM
My Question is:

Is BETA 24/7 ?? When does it Start?

Eyecone
04-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Hi guys, I'm a hardcore F2P person. I play F2P games all day long 24/7. I don't pay to play anything. Few exception though, I did pay IG cash after few months SOLID F2P games only : It means I still play those games and will for as long as 'my gaming tower' (PC) is alive.

Why am I telling you this? Well, some of you think the price is high and they are thinking about it overnight, they are still sleeping lol I just woke up from EU BTW (yeah I'm talking about you MURICA). So...I suggest you take my point of view.
I won't buy any of those for sure. I don't need them because I have time and I don't know if this game will be a good F2P (like only customization/xp boost/ time related items..in the cash shop).
If it's P2W kind of game (and I can see that already +3 stats....eazy boyz oye), I'll probably play 2 to 6 months top don't pay anything and rage delete my character after that time and search for another game.
Now I can only tell you that it's a P2P game. What you are buying is what you are getting right now. Don't think future on this unless you are a psychic.

Mycroft
04-25-2014, 01:10 AM
I am rather confounded by the massive difference in pricing between Euro and USD.
If these were physical items, I could certainly understand the difference, import/export taxes and other additional fees have to be considered. However, these are purely digital, no additional fees required on Trion's behalf to sell these to the Europeans.

I mean for heaven's sake, the Gold pack, when you convert the price from Euro to USD, is just 20 USD cheaper than the Archaeum pack for Americans.. I won't say that this is unacceptable, but it is gosh darn near it.

XxAlucardxX
04-25-2014, 01:22 AM
it takes a lot of money -_-

Anselmo
04-25-2014, 01:27 AM

Bump,
My thought exactly

Tekle
04-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Question for admins

Will u delete beta account characters on release?
Or it would be like russian "open beta" that is release really without wipe?

Cause i played russian version and if u will delete beta chars so i need not beta acess packs.

YmoN
04-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Question for admins
Will u delete beta account characters on release?
Or it would be like russian "open beta" that is release really without wipe?
Cause i played russian version and if u will delete beta chars so i need not beta acess packs.
Yes, there will be wipe before launch.

Revan Kaiju
04-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Yeah I want to support the game by buying a pack but I don't know for certain due to those prices. I'll have to think about it for a bit. Hopefully (it's a stretch I know) that TRION will give a second thought about the prices. Even if they just lower it by $15, I'll still consider buying the max one.

Anselmo
04-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah I want to support the game by buying a pack but I don't know for certain due to those prices. I'll have to think about it for a bit. Hopefully (it's a stretch I know) that TRION will give a second thought about the prices. Even if they just lower it by $15, I'll still consider buying the max one.

Well im not really that bothered about the pricing, ofc anything cheap is good.
But im wooried about the fact EU/NA diferent prices and what will that afect our accounts. Will we be able to change servers on lauch and what not things we can or cant do.
Alot of mist and we need more information from Managers, more clearing intell.

Elione
04-25-2014, 01:55 AM
I am rather confounded by the massive difference in pricing between Euro and USD.
If these were physical items, I could certainly understand the difference, import/export taxes and other additional fees have to be considered. However, these are purely digital, no additional fees required on Trion's behalf to sell these to the Europeans.

I mean for heaven's sake, the Gold pack, when you convert the price from Euro to USD, is just 20 USD cheaper than the Archaeum pack for Americans.. I won't say that this is unacceptable, but it is gosh darn near it.

Its the same with AUD. Archaeum pack for Australians is like $170 rather then the $150 ;\

Prestonian
04-25-2014, 02:02 AM
ok so i need help with buying a pack in dollars (im from UK)

I can change my Trion account to USA so that it tried to sell me packs in dollars but when i go try to pay in dollars (btw $150 is like £90 so its a £20 saving) it wont let me because it says my paypal account is set up in the uk.
I cant pay by credit card as its asking for a USA address!
Im even logging in from America now (my work network is USA) so how do I do this?

dariongento
04-25-2014, 02:07 AM
So even beta players will get wiped? That seems weird. Have they announced that anywhere? That's the only thing keeping me from getting one.

Creepyfella
04-25-2014, 02:12 AM
I've been looking forward to playing Archeage since I first saw an article on it a couple of years ago but I won't be spending any money on a game that I can't try first.
Also I can't say I'm impressed with a company that sells beta access, shows a lack of confidence in your product IMHO.
The way alpha access seems to have been restricted mostly to streamers to give Trion free advertising for the game just before they open alpha up to anyone that's impatient enough to pay $150 just smells of desperation to me.
Oh well...I guess I'll wait for Black Desert.

Alzgamer
04-25-2014, 02:31 AM
I've been looking forward to playing Archeage since I first saw an article on it a couple of years ago...Also I can't say I'm impressed with a company that sells beta access...Oh well...I guess I'll wait for Black Desert.

We had same whine when russian CBT was started. Even same words about BD. History repeating(c) :)

Creepyfella
04-25-2014, 02:33 AM
We had same whine when russian CBT was started. Even same words about BD. History repeating(c) :)

Not really a whine, just giving my opinion ;)
It's just a game, there's plenty more out there :)

Mycroft
04-25-2014, 02:40 AM
Its the same with AUD. Archaeum pack for Australians is like $170 rather then the $150 ;\

186.7-something USD for the Archaeum pack when converted from the price in Euro.. I feel your pain.

ArcheRage
04-25-2014, 02:48 AM
Nice cash grab trion

Without any discussion on mechanics, absolutely no mention what features the Trion version will have vs the Russian/Korean version and the way you have handled Alpha by using it as nothing more than an advertising platform instead of a testing platform then I can't say I'm happy to give you my money.

Not to mention with the 4 day head start you're practically forcing us to buy a founders pack if we're to have any chance of getting a decent spot for housing

And the biggest concern of all is just what exactly is going to be in the cash shop which again you are keeping in the dark trion

IF some news becomes available on these issues and answers some questions then maybe I would purchase a pack but buying just on false hype is not something I'm prepared to do

sdren
04-25-2014, 02:48 AM
Best news ever. Much excite.

m1sbhv
04-25-2014, 02:58 AM
This wardrobe costume only for 50 lvl. Yep, I know what to up this you don't need a lot of time, but what to reasen to give _this_ costume for begining a game. AA has another better one for all lvls.

Eldiora
04-25-2014, 02:59 AM
I tried to buy the Archemium package but whenever I try to pay it gives me an error message. I tried paypal as well as my Credit Card but with both I get an error message.

Are those packs sold out or what happened?

Its not only the Archemium package, I also tried to buy the silver package and had no luck. Has anyone recently got the transaction trough?

Anyone from Austria that managed to buy it? maybe its a region thing?

jasyaryar
04-25-2014, 03:07 AM
in my opinion completely overpriced (50 euros for a basic glider ....) i will not forget that it is to test a pre-beta phase of the game ... if this will be the price line is a total disapointmentl.& more considering how the game works in other countries (personally i'm playing on Korean server & play there is infinitemente cheaper than it apparently will be here for us) in short, a complete disappointment.

YmoN
04-25-2014, 03:09 AM
So even beta players will get wiped? That seems weird. Have they announced that anywhere? That's the only thing keeping me from getting one.
It's been said many times. You can even find that info in Founder's Pack - they are giving you 4 days head start and that means there will be wipe.

Alzgamer
04-25-2014, 03:16 AM
It's just a game, there's plenty more out there :)

Absolutely agree. But I am afraid there will be same in BD. It is a trend in the mmo-industry. Everyone want to take money first, and then show a game :)

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 03:21 AM
Im from Ukraine,right now playing Archeage(RU).Tell me please,can i play in Europe?

Ekimmu
04-25-2014, 03:24 AM
Can you buy Patron Status with credits ?

Creepyfella
04-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Absolutely agree. But I am afraid there will be same in BD. It is a trend in the mmo-industry. Everyone want to take money first, and then show a game :)

Yea you're probably right about BD and I think it's a trend in the whole industry at the moment, not just MMOs ;)
I just find the amount Trion are asking for excessive. I've backed a few kickstarts so I'm not adverse to spending money before trying a product...$150 though and on a game that's going to be F2P??? just LOL
I guess Trion know what they're doing though, the amounts I've seen people spend in other F2P games for cosmetic items blow my mind, they're not the type of people I'd spend a lot of time around ;)

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 03:31 AM
I dont know,maybee i can.But its no guarantees possibility to play))

Seafort
04-25-2014, 03:33 AM
Yeah that's me out. Not paying that much money for a F2P MMO especially when it costs a lot more in EU. I guess this is just for dedicated fans of the game who will pay anything just to play the game :)

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 03:41 AM
which countries fall under lock IP?

Paoloh
04-25-2014, 03:44 AM
Too much for a game that is out in other countries since more than one year and has big problems with bots/economy/gold sellers.
i will be more than happy to help with the spell check for the translation or with the changed mechanics from the Korean release but 135€ to play a beta when is not clear if Trion can solve all the game problems... not now, I'll wait and see

Arinitium
04-25-2014, 03:50 AM
"unable to complete purchase" T_T

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 03:54 AM
"unable to complete purchase" T_T
a great success

Eldiora
04-25-2014, 04:03 AM
Same here, why does Trion not want my money? I wanted to get the Archemium pack for me and my brother, but unable to purchase :(

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 04:07 AM
possible payment system has fallen

Basix
04-25-2014, 04:10 AM
Baah too much for me :x i don't have money even for the cheaper one. i though the price would be somewhat close to the Trove one's. I just hope i can get a Beta key when it comes out. xD

Have fun people who could buy it! ^^

Aseo
04-25-2014, 04:13 AM
No Comment ! ^^

I have win my acces tonight during stream ( Gliders ) and not one new .. cool !

Berdoss
04-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Trion wants to alpha testers people who are financially well-off,hence the price

Keller
04-25-2014, 04:29 AM
The timing is off, the price is not.

They should have announced it right at the start of alpha. Before TESO was released. Now most people jumped on the TESO bandwagon while waiting for AA. A lot of them got disappointed and the memory of failure is still fresh.

The roll of streamers is also widely overrated. Most streamers might have a 100 viewers, but 75% of the viewers is in multiple channels for the giveaways. There are some decent streamers, still most of them just cover all games. They are not "dedicated" AA-fans. They collect their key, play it for a few hours. Then they start to play a different game. Rather see some people breaking the game during alpha, so most bugs will be out with Beta. Rather see dedicated streamers who know all the ins and outs of the game, then someone who has not got a clue about it. Was watching some guy streaming and he did not know it was even a Korean game.

Eraion
04-25-2014, 04:43 AM
I don't think people are getting this... the reason why the price for the Alpha access pack is so damn high, is because Trion doesn't want that many players to enter the alpha, or more like... only a few. It's ALPHA access after all and it's supposed to be special. It's the very first stage of access to the whole game.
Imho 150 euros is a fair price for the Archeum package.
You can't just expect to walk inside Alpha just like that.

Preacher
04-25-2014, 04:57 AM
The pricing is a joke. I bought russian early access for like 12 Euro. If current pricing is any indication (134 Euro for ALPHA access) i have bad feeling about the game (which is essentially F2P btw).

I am worried now about the cash shop prices as well as Premium "Patron" subscribtion as well. Hopefully Trion would not be as dumb or greedy as to attempt to make it 10-15 Euro as normal subscribtion. Apparently someone in company believes just because they publish game in western region they can demand 3x prices for everything?

Senpai noticed
04-25-2014, 05:00 AM
I've been looking forward to playing Archeage since I first saw an article on it a couple of years ago but I won't be spending any money on a game that I can't try first.
Also I can't say I'm impressed with a company that sells beta access, shows a lack of confidence in your product IMHO.
The way alpha access seems to have been restricted mostly to streamers to give Trion free advertising for the game just before they open alpha up to anyone that's impatient enough to pay $150 just smells of desperation to me.
Oh well...I guess I'll wait for Black Desert.

Good luck waiting for Black Desert seeing as you are from the UK. Oh and i'm pretty sure the company that will be publishing Black Desert over there will do the same. Spending money on Founder packs and beta access is the new trend. So good luck with that~

Praslea
04-25-2014, 05:30 AM
just wow .... the money grab ... for a company that only translates the game ... its a huge money grab ... disapointed in u trion ...

at least give a bit more details about those items

Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider -- what are the skills on this one?
Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume - dose it have any stats or is it just cosmetics?
10 Evenstones - are these the ones you buy from any blacksmith ingame for like 50silver ?

Snake
04-25-2014, 05:30 AM
My wallet is bleeding now. I just had to pay the €135 though.

Anselmo
04-25-2014, 05:33 AM
My wallet is bleeding now. I just had to pay the €135 though.

why?
change region and pay 110

Elione
04-25-2014, 05:33 AM
I don't think people are getting this... the reason why the price for the Alpha access pack is so damn high, is because Trion doesn't want that many players to enter the alpha, or more like... only a few. It's ALPHA access after all and it's supposed to be special. It's the very first stage of access to the whole game.
Imho 150 euros is a fair price for the Archeum package.
You can't just expect to walk inside Alpha just like that.

^ This

just wow .... the money grab ... for a company that only translates the game ... its a huge money grab ... disapointed in u trion ...

at least give a bit more details about those items

Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider -- what are the skills on this one?
Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume - dose it have any stats or is it just cosmetics?
10 Evenstones - are these the ones you buy from any blacksmith ingame for like 50silver ?

And pretty sure the 'Desert Assassin Plate Costume' is a Costume, so just for cosmetics. But then again, might be wrong

CutieCute
04-25-2014, 05:53 AM
The Payment systems seems to be having issue??

Manage to pay for 1 acct.
But try to pay for 2nd acct, it just refuse to add payment method.

DeMordey
04-25-2014, 05:53 AM
To all the haters ;)

Talby
04-25-2014, 05:59 AM
So many unhappy people :S... I just think of it as helping them/their company instead of seeing them as being money grabbers... + the Items seem fine to me :) People complaining about the prices... Can't imagine what you guys complain about IRL :P

ShadGho
04-25-2014, 06:00 AM
I could not buy the ARCHEUM pack, then bought the gold, but I wanted ARCHEUM, I'll be able to upgrade? like a lot!

Uhwop
04-25-2014, 06:06 AM
It would help if I knew around about when beta would be starting.

arasimaru90
04-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Trion ? can't you please make a pack.. that is only giving access to alpha and beta ? just that no titles no gliders no nothing.. just the access to play the game.. i bet that pack will be the hottest.

Gothmogh
04-25-2014, 06:23 AM
WTF Trion!!! This overpriced packs are TOTALY disgusting money grabing!! Shame on you Trion! You exploit the superhyped naive fans to get even more money!!!
This "Founder Packs" pre-purcase trend nowadays is really patetic exploatation of naive people!! I am done here!

Anselmo
04-25-2014, 06:31 AM
WTF Trion!!! This overpriced packs are TOTALY disgusting money grabing!! Shame on you Trion! You exploit the superhyped naive fans to get even more money!!!
This "Founder Packs" pre-purcase trend nowadays is really patetic exploatation of naive people!! I am done here!

Goodbye and Farewell M8

People buy what they can afford, you cant you wait, simple has that

I wish i had a ferrari but i dont have the money for it, so i dont get to have it period

Radin
04-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Good job, at least tell us when will you release the beta. I am so excited too, thanks trion.

IceD
04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
This is one of the biggest disappointments since the whole "silence" issue which actually ended not so long ago. I'm amazed at the ammount of people who are actually willing to throw their money at Trion, saying "oh, don't worry. it's perfectly fine for them to charge 135 euros for a wiped alpha access, a bunch of useless trinkets and a headstart with pre-paid subscription, you basically pay for". I'm not sure whether people are that blind, but this is simply one of the most lousy cashgrab events I've seen in my entire life, both as a gamer and game creator. Where are the times when I was paid for alpha/beta access? Did everything went down the drain so much, or do certain people have that much money on their hands, they simply don't know what to do with them anymore?

The two lesser packs are completely unimportant. What Trion basically did with the main one though, is:

"Be the first to stake your claim in ArcheAge! While supplies last, Archeum Pack players will receive instant invites to our playable Alpha preview along with unparalleled bonuses, items, Beta access, a head start on launch, and more."What they basically tell you is: "BUY THE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ALPHA ACCESS, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE RELEASE! TROLOL HARD". It's a cheap marketing practice that makes people (or actually fans) guilty and forces them to buy the access, provided they have enough money (which is another issue, but I'll discuss that later). Why guilty? Because "all other fans and people will be already playing the game, when you're not! It doesn't matter there will be a wipe!". And then they are like: "Come on! Buy the alpha access! You're not going to regret it! Look, we're adding all those useless goodies for you as well! NOW, TAKE IT." And oh, people are going to buy that. They are so going to buy that, because most of them are ignorant and simple and they don't care about anything, as long as they have access and possibility to fill their pockets and wallets with easy money. This is a perfect psychological bait for the community and only the most restraint and knowledgable people won't catch it.

Now, don't get me wrong. As everything else nowadays, Trion is business in the first place, after all. They will milk money off their fans as any other company does. The two other packs (albeit still overpriced), provide the most important things, any true AA player will be interested in: a headstart and subscription, you're going to save off a bit money on. Now, that's good, though still overpriced. The issue is, they basically forgot about the whole middle and eastern Europe with it's horrendous economical issues. You say 135 euros is nothing? Well, you should consider yourselves incredibly lucky to make that much money in lets say, a day of work. For many in the Middle and Eastern Europe, 250-350 euros is their average monthly salary. I hope you're not saying those people (who are actually as interested, as everyone else) to hand off more than half of their hard earned money (yes, hard earned) just to be able to play the game? Even the least expensive, 45 euro pack is way too much to consider a fair deal in that case. For that kind of money, I'd happily kickstart two new interesting titles and get a whole lot more out of it, than Trion could ever offer. I mean, even RU was a lot better, since it offered an extremely cheap early access to the game and everyone was happy. What Trion lacks now is even the least bit of consideration towards these people who are also fans, but out of various reasons, aren't able to pay up 135 euros to get instant access to the game; remeber, it's not even alpha or beta anymore. People are simply paying for a "demo" - early access to something, that's been out already for more than 2 years. In that kind of thing, it's in itself the biggest hoax of this year so far. And so far from what I remember, demos used to be free and not so long ago it used to be devs, paying people for them to alpha/beta test their games (AA isn't an alpha, it isn't actually even beta anymore).

This can be fixed, though. I'll tell you what real fans and serious players want. Instead of tons of useless trinkets, gadgets and fluff, all they want is simply instant access to the game ASAP, headstart and let's say 15-days worth of subscription, to actually test the game when it will be out. They don't want all those useless items, months of being tied to the game (and without any knowledge, whether they will be even able to ask for a subscription refund, if something goes wrong). I know it's possible to push all that into a 15-25 euro pack. Heck, Trion didn't even stated the stats of the items - you don't even know, what are you actually buying off them. Are they simple vanity items, or stat-based gear, what actual values do those gliders come with? Are they better than the standard cash shop one (which used to be the best glider available, due to it's stats). NOTHING. You're simply buying a pig in a poke with a bunch of vague descriptions. Where's the "No tricks, no traps?" Trion, where?

I rarerly write walls of texts, unless it's completely necessary, but this basically made my cup of bitterness to overflow. As an old fan of ArcheAge, I'm utterly dissapointed with Trion's behaviour right now and I already know this is just a tip of an upcoming iceberg. And iceberg, that will basically crush the dream of western community by turning this game into the same exact P2W free to play title, korean and russian versions are. This took them 2 years of hard work? And the game itself doesn't even have all the voiceovers, not to mention about TL. What was Trion doing through all that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ time? Are they going to simply milk off all the cash they can and rest on their laurels afterwards?

I seriously think Trion should get their ♥♥♥♥♥ off to work, readjust important things, allow more people to be actually willing to hand out their hard earned money, take full control over the course of western AA's future and make it happen. FULLFILL YOUR ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ PROMISES, TRION.

So far, this whole alpha/beta is just a one huge hypefest, which will typically hurt the game and community afterwards more, than the positives it may bring. The question is whether Trion actually cares at all.

Sauli86
04-25-2014, 06:44 AM
if i buy the silver founders pack is it possible to upgrade it to gold founders pack? would be nice to know thx :)

JackFrost
04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
silver pack at 45€ (= 62$ ) ...

13€/month for a "F2P" ....

Where's the "No tricks, no traps?" Trion, where?

yes where ???

:mad:

YmoN
04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
This is one of the biggest disappointments since the whole "silence" issue which actually ended not so long ago....
IceD I totally agree with you!!

sisraph
04-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Oh not this bollocks again. Really Trion? Really? Are you that greedy? I don't actually care. I will probably lose all the hype and not give a damn about the game when it's "released". I miss the days when betas and alphas where ALPHAS and BETAS. You would expect this game to be incomplete since the "Alpha" tag. No, it's actually complete. I can't seem to find a list of missing features or thing that are going to be implemented. If someone can link me something that shows what they're planning to add in the game I would appreciate it and apologize for bashing your game. The packs are still overpriced which proves this is a big cash grab. Oh, this industry is going to hell if you guys keep buying this.

Archaegeo
04-25-2014, 07:12 AM
Would be awesome if they gave a referral key to people who buy the 150.00 founders pack, no perks with it, just alpha access.

Gothmogh
04-25-2014, 07:13 AM
The packs are still overpriced which proves this is a big cash grab. Oh, this industry is going to hell if you guys keep buying this.

The sad reality is that the gameing industry its already in hell, sort of speeck! If this trend continues, Archage will have a short life and will end just like the many other mmo games beffore!
Slowly forgoten in some corner of the interwebz!

Archaegeo
04-25-2014, 07:14 AM
I am disappointed in all the uneducated members of our society who do not realize that companies exist to make money to pay employees and investors.

These games wouldn't get made at this quality level if they didn't make money.

Gothmogh
04-25-2014, 07:17 AM
And I am very disapointed in great numbers of naive hyped fans who fall on their bullcrap tricks!

YmoN
04-25-2014, 07:20 AM
I am disappointed in all the uneducated members of our society who do not realize that companies exist to make money to pay employees and investors.
Fine, but it doesn't mean they have to rip me off with prices they have announced!!

JackFrost
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM

if your baker sells his bread at 150 € you say the same?

Do not confuse business and scam

Jaserion
04-25-2014, 07:32 AM
if your baker sells his bread at 150 € you say the same?

Do not confuse business and scam

1 is a need and 1 is a want. 2 separate things. so, ferraris are scams?

Me myself and Turtle
04-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Why so cheap packs trion? I firmly believe if we want to test your game, we should pay a lot more. Just $150 to alpha test it? I think ill pass, but ill keep an eye on it and once you raise your prices a bit, im in.

Praslea
04-25-2014, 07:44 AM
^ This

And pretty sure the 'Desert Assassin Plate Costume' is a Costume, so just for cosmetics. But then again, might be wrong

well in RU version the costumes have stats .. thats why i ask

Praslea
04-25-2014, 07:47 AM

did you know that the same game but in russian ... allready is in open beta and they gave ppl early acces for like under 15$ .... a patron status i slike 9$:month

JackFrost
04-25-2014, 07:47 AM
ferrari manufactures car to € 50,000 ,if he sells € 100,000 ... this is business, if he sells € 450,000 ... this is a scam ...

you do not think prices are excessive for the founder's packs? or the patron status?

IceD
04-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Read my wall of text above, like seriously. Just read it. Many people are actually confusing a lot of different things. I find it ridiculous for people to compare a F2P business model-based mmorpg with a Ferrari. It is not the same. It's also a fact games shouldn't be compared to basic, daily needs (like bread), cause they aren't. Unfortunately for AA, it's a game sporting a F2P model, which makes this preety much redundant. Trion is simply doing a massive cashgrab event right now; they know how overhyped the game already is and a lot of people will actually be willing to pay those 135 euros just to get a wiped early access "alpha access". I will repeat - where are the times, when I was being paid for alpha/beta access? Or did the game industry fallen down that much, they are actually willing to lick people's arses, just to get paid for the awesome game they made and published? Are they lacking self-confidence that much?

JackFrost
04-25-2014, 07:54 AM
I said bread but I could say a phone ... it was just an example ;)

(you know, the French and their bread lol)

Gothmogh
04-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Read my wall of text above, like seriously. Just read it. Many people are actually confusing a lot of different things. I find it ridiculous for people to compare a F2P business model-based mmorpg with a Ferrari. It is not the same. It's also a fact games shouldn't be compared to basic, daily needs (like bread), cause they aren't. Unfortunately for AA, it's a game sporting a F2P model, which makes this preety much redundant. Trion is simply doing a massive cashgrab event right now; they know how overhyped the game already is and a lot of people will actually be willing to pay those 135 euros just to get a wiped early access "alpha access". I will repeat - where are the times, when I was being paid for alpha/beta access? Or did the game industry fallen down that much, they are actually willing to lick people's arses, just to get paid for the awesome game they made and published? Are they lacking self-confidence that much?

This!! @IceD you read my mind! Yes, where are the good old times when the beta testers was acctualy paid for testing/deticated searching for bugs and other game hickups ?!

Crueltylizer
04-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Being in EU those prices are just horrible.

If this is setting the standard of how Trion will do things will Archeage we are probably better off not playing the damn game.

IceD
04-25-2014, 08:02 AM
I know that 135 euros is basically nothing for most US-based players (though they will still have to pay more), but for EU, those prices are just bad. Period. As I said, my monthly salary few months ago was around 250-350 euro, and I worked my ♥♥♥ off like a mule just to be able to live like any decent, self-respecting human being. You're telling me to basically hand off more than half of my salary just to be able to play a game I'm a fan of? That's... just cruel and completely unconsidered. RU offered early access for 15$. That's a price I understand. I don't want any ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ trinkets, I propably won't even retrieve from the ingame mailbox. I just want to play the game and be a part of it. Simple as that. I hoped Trion actually values their most dedicated part of the community. It seems completely different though, when money gets involved.

Ajitae
04-25-2014, 08:04 AM
I know that 135 euros is basically nothing for most US-based players (though they will still have to pay more), but for EU, those prices are just bad. Period. As I said, my monthly salary few months ago was around 250-350 euro, and I worked my ♥♥♥ off like a mule just to be able to live like any decent, self-respecting human being. You're telling me to basically hand off more than half of my salary just to be able to play a game I'm a fan of? That's... just cruel and completely unconsidered. RU offered early access for 15$. That's a price I understand. I don't want any ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ trinkets, I propably won't even retrieve from the ingame mailbox. I just want to play the game and be a part of it. Simple as that. I hoped Trion actually values their most dedicated part of the community. It seems completely different though, when money gets involved.

I agree with this guy
I just want to play the game, not the weird and not even attractive trinkets

rart
04-25-2014, 08:14 AM
I can't believe how many people are so disappointed in having to pay $150 for ALPHA access to a game that's not even ready for mainstream play. You should be glad that Trion is even allowing you to access the alpha just by paying for one of these packs. This is pretty rare for a company to do this, as most just simply give out alpha access randomly, or most companies just keep alpha completely internal throughout its entirety. They know the hype is huge, so they were generous enough to allow alpha access to anyone willing. Obviously there's only ONE alpha server and I'm sure its not to the point where Trion feels comfortable allowing overly easy access (cheap prices) to the one server they use for testing. They can't just hand out access like flyers to everyone who wants to play. I mean, this game isn't even in beta yet. Bottom line is, if you want to play and can't afford one of these packs, you need to wait for either beta or release, where the game will be closer to complete. Not to mention it will be free when released, so no need to complain about pricing.

Arthyas
04-25-2014, 08:15 AM

i agree too, i work for 200 euro/month

Arthyas
04-25-2014, 08:20 AM
I can't believe how many people are so disappointed in having to pay $150 for ALPHA access to a game that's not even ready for mainstream play. You should be glad that Trion is even allowing you to access the alpha just by paying for one of these packs. This is pretty rare for a company to do this, as most just simply give out alpha access randomly, or most companies just keep alpha completely internal throughout its entirety. They know the hype is huge, so they were generous enough to allow alpha access to anyone willing. Obviously there's only ONE alpha server and I'm sure its not to the point where Trion feels comfortable allowing overly easy access (cheap prices) to the one server they use for testing. They can't just hand out access like flyers to everyone who wants to play. I mean, this game isn't even in beta yet. Bottom line is, if you want to play and can't afford one of these packs, you need to wait for either beta or release, where the game will be closer to complete. Not to mention it will be free when released, so no need to complain about pricing.
i think for release we have to wait a few years, and beta ? i dont know. I think we all should have equal opportunities to play (or is a P2P?), its all about the money ?!So who ii poorer not play. I do not believe and do not want to think Trion needs only wealthy fans

IceD
04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Rart, bear in mind AA isn't actually even in alpha/beta stage anymore. It's a game, that has been out for more than two years; the issues you're bringing up, are only publisher specific and have nothing to do with the game itself. And you're quite wrong with the "generous alpha access". This has been common since, I don't know - two, three years already? Trion is simply jumping onto the bandwagon, simply because it's the easiest and least effort-requiring way to secure as much profit, as possible. People who pay 135 euros just to enter a wiped early access "alpha" are suckers in this case. I'd rather wait till the release, and simply get a month worth of subscription to ensure full access to all of the content, without any tricks, nor traps, just as Trion intended.

rart
04-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Rart, bear in mind AA isn't actually even in alpha/beta stage anymore. It's a game, that has been out for more than two years; the issues you're bringing up, are only publisher specific and have nothing to do with the game itself. And you're quite wrong with the "generous alpha access". This has been common since, I don't know - two, three years already? Trion is simply jumping into the bandwagon, simply because it's the easiest and least effort-requiring way to secure as much profit, as possible. People who pay 135 euros just to enter a wiped early access "alpha" are suckers in this case. I'd rather wait till the release, and simply get a month worth of subscription to ensure full access to all of the content, without any tricks, nor traps, just as Trion intended.

It doesn't matter how old the game is. For Trion's own roadmap its currently in Alpha. It's not common for alpha access into games. Maybe closed/open beta, but definitely not alpha. Like you said if you don't want to pay, just wait.

Eilios
04-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Guys, plenty of people buy games early, and special packs to get beta acess. I've done it a few times on a few different games... it's pretty normal.

Btw yes it's been announced that alpha and beta will be wiped. That is obviously why they have a 4 day head start in each founder pack. Most games do this as well. Almost all games wipe beta up to at least open, but it seems there isn't going to be an open beta (could be wrong, but since alpha is 24/7 to release I doubt it) then the 4 day head start is what you get instead. Still pretty common in most games now days.

I don't understand why people are hating on the price... do you go to the freakin store and whine and complain and talk on forums about how the banana price went up? No. If you can't afford it, you don't get it. I don't mean that nasty either, it's just this is ridiculous. ALMOST ALL GAMES WIPE BETA AND ALMOST ALL GAMES HAVE FOUNDER PACKS. It's simple, and not really worth groaning over. Also, nearly NO game has it where you can buy into alpha (even though it ends up being the cheap part considering what you get with the rest of the $150 package), so it's worth the money. People seem to forget alpha and beta are testing phases, not start early phases, and almost always wiped unless it's open beta.

I bought it, the entire $150, and shouldn't have, but I did, and I'm glad I did. It IS worth the money with the stuff you get, and none of it really makes a p2w situation either for those complaining about that (small bonus' that won't make a difference by lv25 probably). You get your moneys worth, but if it's not worth it to you then it's just not.

To answer some questions too...
Again, they announced all testing will be wiped. This is typical of most games regardless until open beta, but open beta hasn't been announced as far as I know for Trion at all. Alpha is 24/7 until release instead it seems. Could be wrong.

Alpha only has one server and I'm not sure where it's located, but since everything is PDT timezone I'd imagine it's on the US west coast.

Also, since NDA is down, I can say they still have translating to do, for those of you who say it's been done. The CGs are still in korean it seems, and if I were to post a video (I will soon on my youtube channel) you'll see this.

Pirating is 80/20, and from what I understand it was 60/40 elsewhere. This has been announced too look around the forums. Thank you Trion for fighting for that.

Also, they kept trade routes instead of soley doing dailies from the 1.0 patch for the coins, so now both are allowed. This has been announced too look around the forums. Thank you Trion for fighting for that.

Fact of the matter is it seems it's taking longer because they are trying to do what the community wants the best they can. Remember they are the publisher, not the owner, and have limited rights on what they can exactly do.

P.S.
I've been waiting for this game since it was announced in Korea in development. I know how long it's taken (yes it has been long), but since Trion is fighting pretty well to keep the community as happy as possible I would have been happy to wait, even without buying into alpha.

kizz
04-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Such a clear indication of the future of this game, and a total shame. I was really looking forward to it. This kind of publicity ranks with games like WarZ. Let's sell our FREE and UNFINISHED game that's been finished for years, at the price of two or three full games. Right after that, let's wipe your account and then make you pay a premium fee just for a CHANCE to get some land. Clearly money is their only focus here. I had given up on MMO's once, and now I believe I am done for good. It's a shame we can't all enjoy a game together. New MMO's just look for the rich spoiled children, and reward them for stealing daddy's credit card. Trion, wake up.

Torq7777
04-25-2014, 08:57 AM
I LOL at the price of these considering the game is already released and has been since 2013 in other countries. SOE online has a way better deal on there founder packs, also this defeats the point of applying for a beta. Just another method for a company to get as much as they can from people that don't realize how long this game has been out. GG I say good chaps GG. Alpha access should be included in the 50 dollar version the max price for founder pack should be 99 US dollars. I will not be soaking money into this game the way I did for Rift. I do not believe this kind of alpha and beta access promote the testing needed to make bug free game. Most people paying for the testing phase are just playing and not actually reporting bugs same as the streamers they just play and never report the bugs.

Eilios
04-25-2014, 09:05 AM
... Most people paying for the testing phase are just playing and not actually reporting bugs same as the streamers they just play and never report the bugs.

You have alpha access? People are reporting bugs... -_-
I'm not sure how you would even know that if you don't have alpha access.

What games that aren't open beta (meaning in alpha or closed beta) have you played where they didn't wipe the characters? I'd really like to know.

Axios
04-25-2014, 09:10 AM
On the stream yesterday, April 24, 2014, it was said that we would be able to play with our Founder's Packs twice.

1. When will we get our Founder's Packs rewards?

Also on the stream during the discussion on Gliders, it was noted that the gliding ability was placed on the SpaceBar so that he double-tapped space in order to fly. I looked and tried different mechanics in the keybinding menues and shortcuts, but to no avail.

2. How do I setup my keyboard in order that I may use my glider upon double-tapping SpaceBar?

Indub
04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Woow thats pretty pathetic, was expecting Trion to be a better and more fair publisher :( looks like Pay 2 win is the way to go in AA. If you have no money, ♥♥♥♥ :) What will you be able to buy with these in game credits ? This will ♥♥♥♥ the economy of AA so badly, and economy is the biggest part of this game.

ChuLay
04-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Oops!
We ran into a bit of a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Oops!
We ran into a bit of a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Oops!

Khan84
04-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Just purchased founder pack!

Regards
Khan

ReiDoBanco
04-25-2014, 10:01 AM
From South America too =) expensive but i'm sure it will worth it =D

GOLD PACK in the first 8 minutes Uhuu! Waiting for years =D

Alzgamer
04-25-2014, 10:32 AM
well in RU version the costumes have stats .. thats why i ask

In RU version there were no costumes in a founder's pack at all :)

Eilios
04-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Woow thats pretty pathetic, was expecting Trion to be a better and more fair publisher :( looks like Pay 2 win is the way to go in AA. If you have no money, ♥♥♥♥ :) What will you be able to buy with these in game credits ? This will ♥♥♥♥ the economy of AA so badly, and economy is the biggest part of this game.

What makes it pay to win?

Vray
04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Out of my expectation.
So I have to wait until open beta then.

Dreamwalker
04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Soon as i saw the archeum pack got one for me and the hubby :)

Ceh
04-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Ahh man, wish I could afford this. Unfortunately, the spoils of war in real life haven't been quite as grand as I'd like. Do we know if there is any plan to eventually have an open beta before release? Streams can barely quench my thirst to play this game at this point, haha.

Zonrath
04-25-2014, 11:26 AM
When are we going to hear the winners for the picture contest? IF you had read the post and rules about it then you would know it said a week after it was over.

ChuLay
04-25-2014, 11:30 AM
jejeje yo soy de Argentina asi que calcula que me cuesta $1500 de donde sos ?

Saludos.

ChuLay
04-25-2014, 11:31 AM
From South America too =) expensive but i'm sure it will worth it =D

GOLD PACK in the first 8 minutes Uhuu! Waiting for years =D

Saludos.

Kitah
04-25-2014, 11:48 AM
So, I bought the pack with alpha and I'm unable to play - I launch the game up and get "Failed to load commands!" What does one do?

Clavicula
04-25-2014, 11:51 AM
im realy buying this for just 4 day early start.

IceD
04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Then buy the silver one. No one really forces people to play alpha.

Teraphina
04-25-2014, 12:00 PM
i would like some of the bonuses to be active now like the glider and the title that would be awesome

xtapoditom
04-25-2014, 12:03 PM
you must add a pack for those with no much money. packs like 20-25 euro with 2 days early acces and beta acces . we wish to give money too but we dont have 40-150 euro to give ............ this about it pls .

sorry for my bad english :)

Jbqz
04-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Does this mean that the only ones who gonna play beta gonna be the ones who buy it ? or u guys gonna give beta codes to other people too ?

Premise
04-25-2014, 12:57 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself. If you decide not to buy into the other two packs that grant beta access, will they still be sending closed-beta invites to those who DIDN'T pay, or is that only reserved for those who spent the money?

HaseoFate
04-25-2014, 01:05 PM
They'll be sending out closed beta invites, its just you know, not everyone gets in on some games so this gives an option to you to secure it.

indigomnr96
04-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Just got the silver pack! So excited >w<

whitetragedy
04-25-2014, 02:03 PM
I just don't understand how they priced the packs like that... lets go through a price breakdown

Beta Access (Value depends on if you get in beta for free or not)
2,500 Credits ($20 Value)
4-Day Patron Head Start ($50-($20+$15)) = $15
Title: "Founder"(No value)
30-Day Patron Status($15 max)
Experimental Glider(Basic glider... same as the one you get in your early levels?) (No value?)

So in the end.. you are paying $50 for something with a value of $35 and the other $15 comes from a 4 day head start...

So in the end, hypothetically if there wasn't a 4 day head start then you would be losing $15 for paying beforehand...

Uhwop
04-25-2014, 02:09 PM
I'd still like to know around about when beta is planned to start.

IceD
04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd still like to know around about when beta is planned to start.You don't know? Of course it will be
Soon™

Aigis
04-25-2014, 02:33 PM
i don't get it.. i see everyone cry about the ARCHEUM FOUNDER’S PACK being 150 or even 180 EUR... while the pack only costed 135€... is everyone on drugs seeing stupidly high prices... or does everyone gets to see different prices and the lucky ones have low prices? considering all the advantages you get with the archeum package it's deffinitly worth it in my opinion

Blue
04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
I'd still like to know around about when beta is planned to start.
In the stream yesterday, Firecait said " Beta is planned for June".

Yuufa
04-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah that's me out. Not paying that much money for a F2P MMO especially when it costs a lot more in EU. I guess this is just for dedicated fans of the game who will pay anything just to play the game :)

It costs more for EU than a direct currency conversion becuase European countries impose extra taxes, stop blaming Trion, look closer to home, or should Trion pay your taxes?

Yuufa
04-25-2014, 04:37 PM

Sadly the fact of Archeage is its not really a ganme in early stages of development, it does not fit description on an alpha game. Fact is Archeage is 2 years into release in some regions, and we are getting that same code, there is nothing too alpha test, its all been done. No This is a cashgrab preying on peoples need to be in the game as soon as possible. Your view is short-sighted and ill-informed. Closer to complete you say? if this was a game still in development stage, and Alpha means, then your statement would be true.

Aslo you say "moist alphas are completely internal", the one true thing you said, and had this truely been an alpha game then it would indeed remain an internal test, but the game is as complete as it is in other regions already, its a cashgrab

sleezyprohd
04-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Can't wait for this game, don't have enough money to get the $150 alpha but can't wait to play this game and sail the seas.

Jordan
04-25-2014, 06:07 PM
Darn, can't afford the $150 founders pack. May try and buy the $50 version at a later time if I save up. Can't wait for the Beta in June!

CaramelCoffee
04-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Does your alpha account progress even get transfered to main servers? is it 100% guaranteed that your progress on the alpha will transfer to main live servers on release? Or is it that you're paying so much money just to test the game out for a limited time only?

Zonrath
04-25-2014, 07:18 PM
all characters will be wiped prior to release according to their stream last night

CaramelCoffee
04-25-2014, 07:22 PM
so what's the point, its like throwing money down the drain for those with no money. Obviously rich kids be rollin' and we be hatin' xD

Merrlo
04-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Will the items you have from the founder's pack transfer into the full game? Like if you use 9 of the chests, will you be allowed get a new set at the full game, or since you've used 9 you'll only get one? Or none, since they don't roll over? Super excited, I'm on the fence for the founder's pack, this info will be helpful.

AMcJV12
04-25-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm just not in a position where I can drop fifty bucks for a game that I'll need to pay for monthly later anyway. Sorry, Trion. Create something more economical and maybe I'd consider it.

Archeman
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
That happened to me, I was only able to run it from the Admin account in my computer. Its prolly something between the HackShield and computer sub accounts. Hopefully it gets fix in the future. I dont like to use Admin for games.

Archeman
04-25-2014, 09:38 PM
That happened to me, I was only able to run it from the Admin account in my computer. Its prolly something between the HackShield and computer sub accounts. Hopefully it gets fix in the future. I dont like to use Admin for games.
So, I bought the pack with alpha and I'm unable to play - I launch the game up and get "Failed to load commands!" What does one do?

Damon
04-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Did anyone have trouble buying a founders pack today? My friend tried getting one but couldn't put in payment information.

Solego
04-26-2014, 12:05 AM
So, I bought the pack with alpha and I'm unable to play - I launch the game up and get "Failed to load commands!" What does one do? I am getting this, too. Any ideas on what's wrong?

ED: I fixed it. Run the patcher as an administrator and it runs all the associated programs as an admin and the game will load up. If the patcher isn't run as admin, then some programs will run as admin, some won't, and there is a disconnect between everything.

Indub
04-26-2014, 12:53 AM
I had troubles buying it couse its fkng ridiculously overpriced :D

Indub
04-26-2014, 01:00 AM
What makes it pay to win?

The Gear you get, the pay to get in to beta with head start with no whipe. The in game credit that you will probobly will be able to use to buy sh in game. Everything smells like pay 2 win here :) Its a sad day for ArcheAge my firends couse looks like Trion will ♥♥♥♥ it up cause of there greed. Btw the publisher that is running Archeage in russia has a 7$ dollar a month price for premium with a xp boost and some costumes in game shop that will not affect the economy at all and anyone can play beta, its free. Thats why im not buying any founder packs couse im playing it already for 7$ :D Cant believe that they made people to pay money to test the game for them in beta. Crazy sh. :D

Radin
04-26-2014, 01:26 AM
The Gear you get, the pay to get in to beta with head start with no whipe. The in game credit that you will probobly will be able to use to buy sh in game. Everything smells like pay 2 win here :) Its a sad day for ArcheAge my firends couse looks like Trion will ♥♥♥♥ it up cause of there greed. Btw the publisher that is running Archeage in russia has a 7$ dollar a month price for premium with a xp boost and some costumes in game shop that will not affect the economy at all and anyone can play beta, its free. Thats why im not buying any founder packs couse im playing it already for 7$ :D Cant believe that they made people to pay money to test the game for them in beta. Crazy sh. :D

thats one of the reason im not buying it now, ill use the money for in-game purchase thingy...:(

Nireas
04-26-2014, 01:26 AM
To the all the haters out there. The games is not out yet. The cash shop is not out yet. You whine about alpha-beta access and headstart. Yes, the founders packs are expensive, but nobody forces you to buy them. It's not bad to support with money a game that you think that is worth it. You see, games run by companies that pay wages and various costs.
I can't buy an Archeum founders pack, because it's 1/3 of my montly wage (and I have kids to feed), but I know that there are people that make this money in an hour and I think it's great that they support the game this way. When the game is out and I'm happy with the result, I will donate my share to the company, even if I don't need anything from the cash shop.
If the cash shop is out and it's bad, you have every right to bash the company, but TRION has a good tradition with RIFT (one of the best cash shop implementations ever). As for me, my only compain from TRION is that they have delayed this game WAY too long, but at least I'm happy that I see something moving the last weeks showing many promises for a release very soon.

Indub
04-26-2014, 01:55 AM
I realy hope the money shop will be good and fair, but from what i can see so far its all gonna be about the $$$ :) All they want is your $$$ Thing is im not a hater of the company, I liked Rift alot, it was a smart and huge content wise mmo. I was happy when i saw they will publish ArcheAge, up to this point :D But like you said, we cant tell whats going to happen when it launches

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Does your alpha account progress even get transfered to main servers? is it 100% guaranteed that your progress on the alpha will transfer to main live servers on release? Or is it that you're paying so much money just to test the game out for a limited time only?

Did you just see what they give in the packs, 4 days headsup in the server is like ALOT.
Plus credits to buy more patron or more Learning Points.
Its like in 4days people are already 50 and you are just starting to play. When you get to the point of doing high lvl Quest, they will be waiting for you to kill you and steal your goods.

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 02:16 AM
so what's the point, its like throwing money down the drain for those with no money. Obviously rich kids be rollin' and we be hatin' xD

Well im not rich , i work 5 days a week and im considering buying it, the only thing im not really sure its because im from EU and i need some more clarification on servers/account rewards on 150$ pack.

Herdo
04-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Well im not rich , i work 5 days a week and im considering buying it, the only thing im not really sure its because im from EU and i need some more clarification on servers/account rewards on 150$ pack.

Yeah, informations about the EU would be great, too!

Tazdrago
04-26-2014, 03:24 AM

Ahhh You mean your 185$ pack, EU people pay more.

Or should I say get ripped off more..

IceD
04-26-2014, 04:30 AM
One of the reason why I'd never buy any of these packs (not to mention they are ridiculously overpriced); Trion is simply moneymilking the richest fools, let them do it.

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 05:01 AM
Ahhh You mean your 185$ pack, EU people pay more.

Or should I say get ripped off more..

Actually you can change your Trion account to NA and pay the 150$, but the implication i dont know what will be.
But you can do it

Sarkos
04-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Most likely will pre-order eventually. But at the moment I do not really have the time to participate in the alpha. Leaning more towards buying the 50 dollar pack. If beta is going to hit June like the livestream said I have no worries.

Thunder
04-26-2014, 05:18 AM
Actually you can change your Trion account to NA and pay the 150$, but the implication i dont know what will be.
But you can do it

No, you cannot and you didn't even try before opening your mouth. The only way should be to change it not only on Trion Account but also detain an US bank account (for the US credit card or the US paypal, both need that).

CaramelCoffee
04-26-2014, 05:40 AM
When you get to the point of doing high lvl Quest, they will be waiting for you to kill you and steal your goods.

lel you trying to scare off people who haven't even started on game. And I'm pretty sure the number of people starting on release is going to outnumber you alpha snobs. So I would like to see you try killing 1000 of us "n00bs" :D

Falcconer
04-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Bought it! Let's wait for more news!

#onTrionIbelieve

HappyZavulon
04-26-2014, 05:52 AM
The first two packs are pretty useless, especially the $100 one (the beta is not 24/7, so maybe they'll let you play once a month).
And I think if you spend $150 on subscription and in game cash once the game is out, you'll get a way better deal.

Rudder
04-26-2014, 06:11 AM
How many of you remember the 150 buck 'NEW' Collectors edition 2013 of Eve Online? They were offering a few digital goodies and a lot of unannounced stuff.

A lot of games have tried to get funds by selling 'Collectors Editions'; Think of the Founders Pack as a 'Pre-Collectors Edition'.

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 06:56 AM
No, you cannot and you didn't even try before opening your mouth. The only way should be to change it not only on Trion Account but also detain an US bank account (for the US credit card or the US paypal, both need that).

Actually i tried and i put other payment method and put pay trow paypal, so dont talk about things you dont know.
I just didnt finish the order period

IceD
04-26-2014, 07:13 AM
That 150 euro Archeum pack is not even close to a "Collector's Edition".

Brandon
04-26-2014, 07:15 AM
This is one of the biggest disappointments since the whole "silence" issue which actually ended not so long ago. I'm amazed at the ammount of people who are actually willing to throw their money at Trion, saying "oh, don't worry. it's perfectly fine for them to charge 135 euros for a wiped alpha access, a bunch of useless trinkets and a headstart with pre-paid subscription, you basically pay for". I'm not sure whether people are that blind, but this is simply one of the most lousy cashgrab events I've seen in my entire life, both as a gamer and game creator. Where are the times when I was paid for alpha/beta access? Did everything went down the drain so much, or do certain people have that much money on their hands, they simply don't know what to do with them anymore?

The two lesser packs are completely unimportant. What Trion basically did with the main one though, is:
What they basically tell you is: "BUY THE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ALPHA ACCESS, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE RELEASE! TROLOL HARD". It's a cheap marketing practice that makes people (or actually fans) guilty and forces them to buy the access, provided they have enough money (which is another issue, but I'll discuss that later). Why guilty? Because "all other fans and people will be already playing the game, when you're not! It doesn't matter there will be a wipe!". And then they are like: "Come on! Buy the alpha access! You're not going to regret it! Look, we're adding all those useless goodies for you as well! NOW, TAKE IT." And oh, people are going to buy that. They are so going to buy that, because most of them are ignorant and simple and they don't care about anything, as long as they have access and possibility to fill their pockets and wallets with easy money. This is a perfect psychological bait for the community and only the most restraint and knowledgable people won't catch it.

Now, don't get me wrong. As everything else nowadays, Trion is business in the first place, after all. They will milk money off their fans as any other company does. The two other packs (albeit still overpriced), provide the most important things, any true AA player will be interested in: a headstart and subscription, you're going to save off a bit money on. Now, that's good, though still overpriced. The issue is, they basically forgot about the whole middle and eastern Europe with it's horrendous economical issues. You say 135 euros is nothing? Well, you should consider yourselves incredibly lucky to make that much money in lets say, a day of work. For many in the Middle and Eastern Europe, 250-350 euros is their average monthly salary. I hope you're not saying those people (who are actually as interested, as everyone else) to hand off more than half of their hard earned money (yes, hard earned) just to be able to play the game? Even the least expensive, 45 euro pack is way too much to consider a fair deal in that case. For that kind of money, I'd happily kickstart two new interesting titles and get a whole lot more out of it, than Trion could ever offer. I mean, even RU was a lot better, since it offered an extremely cheap early access to the game and everyone was happy. What Trion lacks now is even the least bit of consideration towards these people who are also fans, but out of various reasons, aren't able to pay up 135 euros to get instant access to the game; remeber, it's not even alpha or beta anymore. People are simply paying for a "demo" - early access to something, that's been out already for more than 2 years. In that kind of thing, it's in itself the biggest hoax of this year so far. And so far from what I remember, demos used to be free and not so long ago it used to be devs, paying people for them to alpha/beta test their games (AA isn't an alpha, it isn't actually even beta anymore).

This can be fixed, though. I'll tell you what real fans and serious players want. Instead of tons of useless trinkets, gadgets and fluff, all they want is simply instant access to the game ASAP, headstart and let's say 15-days worth of subscription, to actually test the game when it will be out. They don't want all those useless items, months of being tied to the game (and without any knowledge, whether they will be even able to ask for a subscription refund, if something goes wrong). I know it's possible to push all that into a 15-25 euro pack. Heck, Trion didn't even stated the stats of the items - you don't even know, what are you actually buying off them. Are they simple vanity items, or stat-based gear, what actual values do those gliders come with? Are they better than the standard cash shop one (which used to be the best glider available, due to it's stats). NOTHING. You're simply buying a pig in a poke with a bunch of vague descriptions. Where's the "No tricks, no traps?" Trion, where?

I rarerly write walls of texts, unless it's completely necessary, but this basically made my cup of bitterness to overflow. As an old fan of ArcheAge, I'm utterly dissapointed with Trion's behaviour right now and I already know this is just a tip of an upcoming iceberg. And iceberg, that will basically crush the dream of western community by turning this game into the same exact P2W free to play title, korean and russian versions are. This took them 2 years of hard work? And the game itself doesn't even have all the voiceovers, not to mention about TL. What was Trion doing through all that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ time? Are they going to simply milk off all the cash they can and rest on their laurels afterwards?

I seriously think Trion should get their ♥♥♥♥♥ off to work, readjust important things, allow more people to be actually willing to hand out their hard earned money, take full control over the course of western AA's future and make it happen. FULLFILL YOUR ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ PROMISES, TRION.

So far, this whole alpha/beta is just a one huge hypefest, which will typically hurt the game and community afterwards more, than the positives it may bring. The question is whether Trion actually cares at all.

I can see your point here and i would like to be able to play also i cannot afford the $150 as i dont have a job I'm only 15 so yeah, but great post i read the whole thing i really like what u have to say and think it should be heard by everyone goodluck getting it out there :)

Arzetlam
04-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Hey Guys,

First of all, wow TRION is starting to do their movements.

These founders' packs will have access and for the official launch? After alpha/beta, the chars will be deleted right?

Anyone bought and played until now?? Impressions from the game?

Alzgamer
04-26-2014, 08:10 AM
lel you trying to scare off people who haven't even started on game. And I'm pretty sure the number of people starting on release is going to outnumber you alpha snobs. So I would like to see you try killing 1000 of us "n00bs" :D

Players with early start is trully butthurt for the others. They won't kill&steal ofc. But in 4 days they will take all the premium places for the houses and farms. The rests will get heathlands and slums. So yeah Patron Head Start is strongly recommended :)

zoggo
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
I wonder also why Trion did the beta Sign-up , started one year ago.
Seems useless now that the real fans that are following this game for years are now overlooked.

Harper
04-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Been following the game for years, and Im so looking forward to giving it a try. Been following the Korean version, and didnt want to try to play because I couldnt read anything. Then it went to Russia, and I didnt want to play because I couldnt read anything :P

Now here it is, in a language I can read and I cant wait to get in. Except Im broke, lol. I honestly would give the $150 if I had it, but Trion doesnt take food stamps. Im an out-of-work vet, but luckily it is a free game, I just have to wait for launch. At least I have all the streams and podcasts to hold me over, and live vicariously through.

See you in game :)

Tobi
04-26-2014, 09:36 AM
I want to buy the Archeum Pack, but i cant because I live in europe and its 30$ more expensive then the North American one which i could afford. Why are we eueopeans suffering so much? Do you hate europeans Trion?

Darth Futuza
04-26-2014, 09:45 AM
I want to buy the Archeum Pack, but i cant because I live in europe and its 30$ more expensive then the North American one which i could afford. Why are we eueopeans suffering so much? Do you hate europeans Trion?
We've been over this before. Please use the search button and discover that your country likes taxes.

Tobi
04-26-2014, 09:54 AM
22 pages, billions of threads. Cant you give me the tl:tr please?
Is the european price effective for every european country? Or are there some exceptions?
I live in Norway is there a way to check if I have to pay the 135euro or if i can pay the american price?

Darth Futuza
04-26-2014, 10:21 AM
22 pages, billions of threads. Cant you give me the tl:tr please?
Is the european price effective for every european country? Or are there some exceptions?
I live in Norway is there a way to check if I have to pay the 135euro or if i can pay the american price?
Okay...I'll look up the posts for you...

It make's sense when you consider there is 21% tax included in the EU purchase.
135 Euros = 186.7455 U.S. dollars
186,7455 * 0,21 = 39,216555
150 + 39,216555 = 189,216555
(my math might be right as i haven't done it in a long time but it should be at least in the right ballpark ;D)
So here we have it... Screw EU for taxing our Digital Content!
Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?4373-So-150-translates-to-134-99%80-according-to-Trion..-Why-not-just-PayPall-Converse-it
Time Spent Using the Search Button: 30 Seconds

Zlatoronka
04-26-2014, 10:41 AM
I am very disappointed of advantage this packs gives. Its not Alpha or beta access , or ♥♥♥♥y items you receive , but this 4 day ahead start. And for Europeans its minimum 45 euro , which is the coast of a full game. I have played this game on Russian server , and you should know that 4 days ahead is too ♥♥♥♥ing much , because one of most important things is placing your house, and land is limited. So if you want to make something in this game you are forced to buy one of this packs , which mean minimum to pay for a full game , and thats far away of no tricks no traps. I can afford this ,and i will pay for a premium account , but i am irritated of Trions politic , which in my opinion is related only to MONEY!

SleepingDuck
04-26-2014, 10:51 AM
So how many of each have been sold in the first weekend?

IceD
04-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Don't expect them to just shove the sales results like that to the public; it's confidential.

Pinkatron2000
04-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Little too pricey currently for me--but good luck and I hope everyone who can purchase enjoys it! <3

Baldur
04-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Just going to throw this out there. Back then Game Devs/publishers paid people to TEST their ALPHA STAGES on their games.... and £109.99 for alpha and beta.... not sure its worth it - i mean at least the GW2 one GAVE YOU REAL LIFE STUFF like a plushy hard copy etc etc

this just feels a little money grabby to me.

HF i guess

Baldur
04-26-2014, 12:23 PM
one of most important things is placing your house, and land is limited.!

honestly i don't think they care much about that, lots of people will pay for that privilege even if you do not.

Zlatoronka
04-26-2014, 12:37 PM
honestly i don't think they care much about that, lots of people will pay for that privilege even if you do not.

I will pay for premium , i can also pay for founders pack, but i am just irritated , because they forced you to pay at least 45 euro in order to build house. And thats just something very different from no tricks no traps what they claimed. I dont know if you have experience in this game, but you need your house and your scarecrow asap. Your professions are related to that, and if you are 4 days behind , first it will be really hard to finish your scarecrow quest and second to find a good place for your house. For me is ok to pay some money(15-20 euro) for early start , but i am not ok with that Trion force people to pay 45 euro minimum which is equal to buy a game which is supposed to be free.

Ashetharion
04-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Anyone whose placing housing must realize they have to pay for it to keep it/place it. There are ways to earn the status to keep housing without paying real money. But do you expect to do that within the first month of the game and still have available housing to place or good places to put your home (even excluding the idea of a headstart, there will be people paying monthly to get housing). If so then dont pay for the headstart or the monthly thing to have a home. Facts are you're gunna have to pay to get into the sand boxie aspects of this game. They are pretty much just kinda offering a way for people who are interested in paying money to start their housing early. And then upkeep the payments as they wish. From my understanding at least. Much of the game is still very much available to play still, without paying. Pending the kind of thing you are into.

To complain that you pay so much extra for the 4 day head start, you might as well complain about the monthly fee's to be able to have a house too. B/c its pretty much all the same from my point of view.

Pay 150 for I CANT WAIT FOR THE GAME status (alpha) 4 day head start and tons of pretty things
pay 100 for some neat stuff and beta access and 4 day head start.
pay 50 for less neat stuff and the 4 day head start.

The housing portion imo, is for those who wish to treat this as an actual game, normal price there, early access to place housing, So 50 bucks is pretty understandable. Pay monthly for the right to have housing so every person who makes an account doesnt just flood the world with housing and gouge prices to people selling good locations. Its a great option and one of the few perfect options done. You're also getting that first month free in subbing that most mmos offer too from this price. So all in all, you are getting what you pay for, along with a glider, 20 bucks of in game worth of money too. Which i dont think other games dream to offer even for buying a game.

Pay to win i hear a bit? Pay to win good housing locations? yes. lol The items you get arent that great and its not hard to level.

Darth Futuza
04-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Just going to throw this out there. Back then Game Devs/publishers paid people to TEST their ALPHA STAGES on their games....

:( They still do. I'm tired of hearing this argument. If you want to be paid to play apply today. (http://trion.force.com/corporate/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0xd0000001rFjOAAU&tSource=)

Here's what they want:

Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field and/or equivalent working experience is required.
Minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance work experience required.
Ability to develop and execute test scripts along with appropriate test data to support the conditions.
Experience participating in the Requirements & Design sessions, providing feedback with a focus on QA.
Strong working knowledge SQL and/or Access is required with the ability to create queries, select statements, and inserts.
Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated experience in the Agile Testing Practices, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Test Driven Development practices is required.
Experience with test organization and automation tools a plus;
Experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits related industry is a plus.

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 01:09 PM
We've been over this before. Please use the search button and discover that your country likes taxes.
It isnt true

Anselmo
04-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Okay...I'll look up the posts for you...

Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?4373-So-150-translates-to-134-99%80-according-to-Trion..-Why-not-just-PayPall-Converse-it
Time Spent Using the Search Button: 30 Seconds

Thats is rubish, it isnt a 21% iva on online purchase.
For this kind of purchase TRION would need to give me the game

Noctis Lucis Caelum
04-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Just curious, does the founder's pack add taxes if you're in NA? If I pay 149.99, would it be higher? Or only that? Please answer. Thank you.

InnisDa1
04-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Just curious, does the founder's pack add taxes if you're in NA? If I pay 149.99, would it be higher? Or only that? Please answer. Thank you.

No taxes are added it seems. I DO want to know if anyone in trion/archeage reads the support tickets placed in. Cause mines are yet to be replied to.

Noctis Lucis Caelum
04-26-2014, 01:49 PM
No taxes are added it seems. I DO want to know if anyone in trion/archeage reads the support tickets placed in. Cause mines are yet to be replied to.

Thank you for answering! :D

Lunayu
04-26-2014, 01:58 PM
so many rich people, anyone want's to be my sponsor?

Lerot
04-26-2014, 02:10 PM
If housing is going to be so limited and it's such an essential part of the game, would it be possible to implement instance based housing at some point? Excited to play the game, but I'm not in a state that I can spend frivolously. There will be multiple servers, so is it really that likely that housing will be depleted within the first months of release? I always figured it would be the later players that had problems finding housing.. not those of us to started playing at release. Kinda concerned now.

Better start saving, I guess..

ReiDoBanco
04-26-2014, 02:25 PM

Saludos.

Aqui do lado =D Brasil, Rio Grande do Sul!