PDA

View Full Version : EXP gains for PvP

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Afaik you do NOT get any XP for Playerkills (on Russian servers at least), which seems kind of unreasonable to me. I just wanna know how you handle that and if you also adopt the System 'no honor during non-war times' , which also seems extremely stupid. Why shouldn't i get any rewards for killing people in pre-war times? I mean you could just prolong the peace time then and skip all the pre-war times then.. (which is _not_ what i want actually)

That all just seems ridiculously crude to me and i hope you don't carry that over to your servers like it is right now :confused:

best regards anyways

edit: and i cant really use search option for that since all keywords were too short, so dont blame me if there was this topic already!

Anathor
03-23-2014, 03:47 AM
More then XP they should revisit the PvP rewards for killing other players/win wars.

Dotti
03-23-2014, 04:04 AM
PVP is a choice - not a necessity. If everybody got exp for PK'ing the world would be continuosly at war. It is necessary to have rules to balance (a fine line) between PVP and PVE or nobody would play. People have to be able to calculate in advance when to do things and the risk involved, otherwise everything would be too random.

ButteredToast
03-23-2014, 04:05 AM
My main concern is for example Lvl 50's going to a Lvl 30 zone and just flat out murdering everyone for those rewards, If they do implement rewards for PvP they should only be given out if players are within 5 levels of eachother.

Dotti
03-23-2014, 04:08 AM
My main concern is for example Lvl 50's going to a Lvl 30 zone and just flat out murdering everyone for those rewards, If they do implement rewards for PvP they should only be given out if players are within 5 levels of eachother.

Yes they can do this - but only if the zone is at war do they get rewarded - otherwise they get crime points. Level 30s in a pvp zone need friends...

ButteredToast
03-23-2014, 04:09 AM
They really do...........when i was in the 2nd war zone at around Level 34? i was soloing all the quests mainly because all my friends were about 10 levels under me at the time and i remember how there would always be groups of about 3-4 people that would just come gank me :c
Yes they can do this - but only if the zone is at war do they get rewarded - otherwise they get crime points. Level 30s in a pvp zone need friends...

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:15 AM

That should be self-evident actually..

If everybody got exp for PK'ing the world would be continuosly at war. = lol

Guess you don't get the basic principle of a PvP zone? There are Peace zones for a specific reason, which is to _avoid_ War.The other Zones however _imply_ having War *rolleyes*. And if one says 'PK' you normally mean killing your own fraction and that is NOT what i mean at all, because thats somewhat counterproductive for your Realm and should just have reasons like pirating or plundering farms.

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:17 AM
otherwise they get crime points. Level 30s in a pvp zone need friends...

Which is also not correct. I also killed a lot of People just for being there during non-war times and never got any crime points.. Its just to annoy the ♥♥♥♥ out of them, but thats what they have to deal with iff they try to level on an enemy continent.

Wolff Laarcen
03-23-2014, 04:18 AM
No XP gain for PvP is pretty standard fare in modern MMOs: You PvP to gain points or currency that allows you to upgrade your PvP gear; You PvE to advance your character level or get PvE gear.

This separation of rewards and activities means that you have to engage in the play style you want to improve. It's been standard for awhile now.

OccipitaL
03-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Gaining exp with PvP would put the world in a chaotic situation.
Also 'no honor during non-war times' is a good thing if you think it as somewhat realistic, cause "One who kills his enemies in war is an honorable warrior, but one who kills for pleasure is called a brute and brutality is not an honorable deed." - OccipitaL

Mavol
03-23-2014, 04:22 AM
i dont see any harm for getting xp proportional to how you would get experience from a mob lvl to the lvl of you. I dunno killings killing i dont see a simple 1 mobs worth of experience being enough incentive to kill someone over whatever reason you already had to kill them. Plus it just makes sense you would gain experience against a player as much as a non player character mob

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:23 AM
No XP gain for PvP is pretty standard fare in modern MMOs: You PvP to gain points or currency that allows you to upgrade your PvP gear; You PvE to advance your character level or get PvE gear.

This separation of rewards and activities means that you have to engage in the play style you want to improve. It's been standard for awhile now.

Ima take good old Warhammer or Rift as an example: You always got XP for killing enemies. Be it in Battleground or Openworld fights. Same for GW2 in WvW. Ofc you get XP for killing enemies. So another post simply lying on this topic...

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Gaining exp with PvP would put the world in a chaotic situation.
Also 'no honor during non-war times' is a good thing if you think it as somewhat realistic, cause "One who kills his enemies in war is an honorable warrior, but one who kills for pleasure is called a brute and brutality is not an honorable deed." - OccipitaL

You actually know that the figts during 'emerging threat' etc trigger War? If there would be NO fights, then WAR wouldnt even start lol

OccipitaL
03-23-2014, 04:30 AM
You actually know that the figts during 'emerging threat' etc trigger War? If there would be NO fights, then WAR wouldnt even start lol

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be wars or something. It's just who should be able to get honor and when.

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:39 AM
And i just agreed to not giving any Honor to ppl ganking way lower ones than theirselves. Which is naturalyl the way it should be, because there is no skill required to do so at all. On the other hand why shouldn't you get any Honor when you are lvling with a friend (while having 'war begins' or whatever) and suddenly a solo 50ish pops up and tries to gank you, but you manage to kill him somehow. Why do you even consider such things as not reward worthy?

Just an example though. Should also count for equal lvld people imo

OccipitaL
03-23-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm totally using "honor"'s meaning here. If something you explaind were to happen it should have another currency for it then. Defending yourself is not really an honor thing, it's just self-defence. Things I'm talking about are realistic aspects. I don't care how honor points distributed. I don't even like the honor system. Just let me kill anybody, anywhere, anytime.

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Honor is just a word for a currency that's it. And as i said it was just an example of a situation, which may or may not happen somewhen. But still there should be rewards for achieving a kill on an _enemy_ at any given time be it npc or not. If there should be Honor rewards only during WAR is arguable, but at least you should always receive an increased amount of XP compared to an equal lvl npc..

OccipitaL
03-23-2014, 05:03 AM
As I said, I don't like honor system, I don't like using a special currency to buy some pvp gear. I don't want any bonuses just because I killed some guy. The real reward in my opinion would be having full-loot access.
But since that's not an option, I still defend not earning honor without being in a real war with the one you are attacking. Not while ganking an innocent/stranger/whatever, nor while defending yourself from a random attacker/whatever.
Maybe they should just change the name of this currency, or make another currency to buy pvp gear and let it be earnable by however you kill someone and let 'honor' to be used to buy something better, or just different.

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Or just simply put in PvP Ranks and make the gear accesible through gold. But thats not what this game is about :o

Thing is, you also lose Honor while being defeated from enemies at all ranks, which also seems so random... Whole system needs a rework imo, but im not sure if that lies in Trions hands at all. I suspect it ain't :rolleyes:

Noisestorm
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
*shameless bump*
What do the other ppl say about that?

Dotti
03-23-2014, 02:34 PM
You also do not LOSE exp when you die to pvp - but you do if you die to npc's.

Tourist
03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
If i can get xp for killing a random worm, why can't get xp for killing a random player? Makes no sense t'all.

Principe
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM
because ganking will happen ingame more often and butthurts will happen which will give TRION headaches

I say 25% exp out of 100% from killing a player, all of you are trying desperately to implement a hardcore pvp features/rule set in a sandbox game...

Artemisia
03-24-2014, 05:23 AM
I think if pvp gave xp, there would be no point for pvpers to do pve. And counting most people here favour pvp, pve would die.

Noisestorm
03-25-2014, 02:52 AM
That will just neven happen like you describe it. People will always PvE, even hardcore PvP fans, still need to get some drops or quest mobs... Just because you can Kill enemies, doesnt automatically shut down all PvE aspects of the game. It is more like a nice and decent bonus for defending your Realm against outlanders. As i said in former posts: there is actually _no_ reason(or call it reward) to kill people in times between Truce and War, which makes absolutely no sense at all. And it's not like you instant lvl up from PvP kills(it just sounds like that when i read "there would be no point for pvpers to do pve."), but for some XP you might consider killing them, instead of continuing your grindfest at the mob spawns

Ezenkrul
03-25-2014, 03:06 AM
I do not see the point in getting experience for PvP. If you want experience do all the other activities that give XP. I mean, after level 50, what is that experience used for? I mean unless you are leveling more classes.

Noisestorm
03-25-2014, 03:29 AM
That's a good question for max lvl players then yep.. I'm not sure what you could do/give then, but i still find that there is a lack for the 'in between' Times of the different Zones - i know that sounds just demanding and not satisfying at all, but well...

ApocaRUFF
03-25-2014, 06:52 AM
I would be up for EXP from PKing in zones that are in a War state. Not really a reason not to, as 90% of the people you run into while in a warzone will kill you on-sight anyways.

Xenoth
03-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Because there are enough idiots running around killing low levels (they can't do any better). I don't think we need more people doing that for an actually existent reason.

TrueHull
03-25-2014, 07:14 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG
why no? To much senseless honor farming of low levels as it is, and then to add extra rewards, the low levels would only be able to quest and do pve is large groups during war times or during peace times. I've seen players spawn camp at 50 in the level 30-34 zones and players can't leave, and the ones that or afk "missing", i've seen a player pushed out of the saftey of the Nui Statue and then killed them...

Xenoth
03-25-2014, 07:18 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG
why no? To much senseless honor farming of low levels as it is, and then to add extra rewards, the low levels would only be able to quest and do pve is large groups during war times or during peace times. I've seen players spawn camp at 50 in the level 30-34 zones and players can't leave, and the ones that or afk "missing", i've seen a player pushed out of the saftey of the Nui Statue and then killed them...

Can I marry your picture??

King
03-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Is there any reward for completing PvP-type events? Like castle sieges and other battles like that?

Since, I think the lack of PvP XP comes from it being too easily abused in earlier games- so it was universally frowned upon since early on. However, I would still like to get XP from doing organized PvP activities- not just flat-out XP for random ganking.

xReorks
03-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Honestly i can think of better PvP incentives over simple exp (consider that once you cap lv 50 there's no more need for exp...).
But the problem is how to implement them.

Actually hoping to have dedicated PvP/hardcore labeled servers without safe zones and respawn statues.

King
03-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Honestly i can think of better PvP incentives over simple exp (consider that once you cap lv 50 there's no more need for exp...).
But the problem is how to implement them.

Actually hoping to have dedicated PvP/hardcore labeled servers without safe zones and respawn statues.

In a rush to max level. However, there's 49 other levels that you shouldn't just forget. zZz - If I wanted to play a rush to max level I'd go play all these other current games.

Not saying you're wrong, I suppose. Just that XP being in more things rather than less makes it easier to retain people who just want to embrace the sandbox freedom.

xReorks
03-25-2014, 08:50 AM
In a rush to max level. However, there's 49 other levels that you shouldn't just forget. zZz - If I wanted to play a rush to max level I'd go play all these other current games.

Not saying you're wrong, I suppose. Just that XP being in more things rather than less makes it easier to retain people who just want to embrace the sandbox freedom.

It is a rush as soon you're competing with people that does take it that way.
Else you'll find yourself fighting at lv 30 while your enemies have already reached 50. thats not pvp,that is duck shooting,and if it should happen,id rather be the one behind the rifle :D
Even if you just don't want perceive it like that it won't change how the mass of playerbase will handle the leveling phase.
I can tell you that actually in 3 sessions,12h each i'd be 50,i really have no need to just stuck myself over questing or anything that doesn't really improve my toon.
Just 'cause i do not want risk to be overleveled or overgeared from potential enemies and compromise my progression.
Of course i will be pvping while leveling to protect my spot and such,but for me,personally,is a rush. :cool:

xDrac
03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
I would actually like to get a little exp for doing PvP. Seeing how you get EXP for various activities such as harvesting and other, why not? It's not a priority though. After all, leveling in ArcheAge is extremely easy and fast.

King
03-25-2014, 01:32 PM
It is a rush as soon you're competing with people that does take it that way.
Else you'll find yourself fighting at lv 30 while your enemies have already reached 50. thats not pvp,that is duck shooting,and if it should happen,id rather be the one behind the rifle :D
Even if you just don't want perceive it like that it won't change how the mass of playerbase will handle the leveling phase.
I can tell you that actually in 3 sessions,12h each i'd be 50,i really have no need to just stuck myself over questing or anything that doesn't really improve my toon.
Just 'cause i do not want risk to be overleveled or overgeared from potential enemies and compromise my progression.
Of course i will be pvping while leveling to protect my spot and such,but for me,personally,is a rush. :cool:

That is fine.

However, just because you might/will play 3 12h sessions to obtain level 50 as fast as possible- doesn't mean everyone else will. Thus, it is always a viable option to look at all the different methods of play.

In several games, I've also followed similar methods (rush to max). Not communicating often or at least until I'm within an eyeshot of max level. Yet, I- nor my method of play, accounts for everyone. Be that the vocal or the non-vocal community.

Voldrax
03-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I don't know the specifics of the AA xp system, but why do people envision a lvl 50 ganking lvl 30s for xp? Can a lvl 50 kill a lvl 30 NPC mob and gain xp? Don't most MMOs cap xp progression at the -5 lvls mark and make above +5 lvl mobs impossible to even hit? There is usually about a 10 lvl window with progressive xp gains per level in my experience. Isn't it this way with AA? :confused:

Also, I believe successfully defending yourself against an attacker should probably give experience based upon the attacker's level (within the 10 lvl window). I mean, you (as a defensive player) actually do gain experience this way. :p I can imagine that honorable and/or defensive kills of all kinds could reward experience without hindering the game-play for others.

Also, I believe pirates should receive no xp for killing players except against other pirates, as killing pirates is honorable. ;)

yuyu
03-25-2014, 02:32 PM
It would encourage griefing.

Twinfun
03-26-2014, 11:44 AM
EXP rewards for PvP isn't necessary, I agree it would encourage griefing.

Skb
03-26-2014, 12:09 PM
I would love to get a little exp for my 'Classes' when you kill enemy players (not that I like factions(killing random ppl because of a red name), but its already in the game)

Quifer
03-28-2014, 08:23 AM
I just wanna know how you handle that and if you also adopt the System 'no honor during non-war times' , which also seems extremely stupid.

What seems extremely stupid is you not thinking about things before calling them stupid. You gain honor for killing enemies who are only considered enemies in time of war. You fight for your faction, see what I mean? That's being a honorable person. Now if you go around killing people in times of peace, you're just a random rampaging murderer, where's the honor in that?