PDA

View Full Version : New Servers Added: Inoch (NA) and Aier (EU)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scapes
09-15-2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AA_POSE_Glider_FeatheredHope_02_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-inoch-na-and-aier-eu/)

Founders, you've seen it for yourselves: the population on ArcheAge's initial Head Start (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-head-start/) servers has been burgeoning! We're excited to announce that two new servers are being added during Head Start due to overwhelming demand. Inoch is our new North American server and will be added to the Auction House 1 cluster. Aier is our new European server and will be added to the Auction House 3 cluster.

These new servers will be brought online and available to play today: Monday September 15 at 10:30 AM PDT (GMT-7). See you in ArcheAge, Founders!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-inoch-na-and-aier-eu/)

NOTE: If you have difficulty seeing or connecting to one of the new servers, try logging into an existing character first.

ShoXeRr
09-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Can't you guys just extend more slots of each server? ( i mean seriously how many slots are in each server? \ I'm curious... )

And again thanks for your hard work Scapes! 3< ( and also the team )

Detcelfer
09-15-2014, 10:08 AM
I used to think we would need 2 servers to resolve this issue. Now I think we'll need closer to another 6 at the very least. But something is better than nothing. Thanks Scapes.

Trixologist
09-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Nice - thank you. I agree there should probably be more based on week 1's turn out.
Maybe have an extra one waiting for tomorrow.

Any word on what time we can officially download?

Nary Potato Head
Better late than never, but I don't know what one server is going to help with along with all the time already lost to people. Is there any compensation going on for people that could not play or barely got a chance to due to long queues?

Either way thanks for getting another server up. Kyrios has been flooded since the start of Head start .-.

Malorey
Good that they did it today before the game's released so that people who missed out on prime spots can have a go at a bit of a land grab before tomorrow.

Carlton
09-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Can we get an official pronunciation on these 2 names? Cause this ♥♥♥♥ is gonna piss me off

Detcelfer
09-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Without housing limits, how does this solve the problem of land claim exactly? Someone who may be unhappy with their current house location will try their luck on the new server and it'll be the same problem all over again. What about those (such as myself) who never got a house placed at all?

Wuschi
09-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for doing something about the bad headstart 1 day before the headstart finishes...i dont know about others but iam not going to be all that grateful for bad customer support.

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
only 1 for EU? are you effing kidding? so now NA has 7 we'll have 5? Come on now.

Farsight
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
too late, too little - what we needed was 2 new server 1 hour after headstart!

Recluse
09-15-2014, 10:15 AM
no server transfers i'm guessing if not waste of time just 1 server,no way i am starting again on a 3rd server screw that..

Nickolass
09-15-2014, 10:16 AM
And the QQ begins again :D

Vangald
09-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Question: Can we get a toon + inventory transfer? Or do we have to create a new one for that server?

Recluse
09-15-2014, 10:17 AM
no server transfers i'm guessing if not waste of time just 1 server,no way i am starting again on a 3rd server screw that..

plus how about you fix Eanna server main quest line bugged no anvil in house to finish the quest,stuck on 48gilda atm...

ThePunishment
09-15-2014, 10:18 AM
fix the Q pls main priority now

fusentast
09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
why do trion hate eu??

Detcelfer
09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Question: Can we get a toon + inventory transfer? Or do we have to create a new one for that server?

You can't get a transfer of a character. You MIGHT be able to have your character deleted and refund certain purchases if you were one of the few who was never able to claim a house plot. Good luck.

fusentast
09-15-2014, 10:20 AM
i want trion to answer this..

Sarumonin
Do we at the very least get the choice to transfer characters? We've put A LOT of grind and work into these characters.

Meiun
If people are looking for a sever that is not too crazy with queue's, Naima hasn't been bad for most of the headstart. It has occasionally had brief queue's, but I have yet to wait longer than 10 minutes. I really don't want them to go too crazy with adding new servers, as the population of all games diminishes at least a bit after launch.

Moribunda
Im just wondering how many players will come to this new server just to place a house as fast possible to save spot and than keep playing on the other servers.:mad:

Koniko
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
http://wiki.oni2.net/w/images/thumb/d/da/GUIDO_Mai_teaser.jpg/597px-GUIDO_Mai_teaser.jpg[/url]

Thanks for the new server. This is much appreciated. Any new servers will lesson the load.

Nilliad
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Without transfer there's no point, I've already spent like half my founders pack credits on this character, why would I start brand new on another server o.O

Thygar
09-15-2014, 10:22 AM
You can't get a transfer of a character. You MIGHT be able to have your character deleted and refund certain purchases if you were one of the few who was never able to claim a house plot. Good luck.

I would like it so that I could have my founder account reverted back to prior login so that I can have a fresh start on the new server without losing my items from my founder pack.

Will that happen? Not Likely...

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Should have done it earlier..

Nickolass
09-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Without transfer there's no point, I've already spent like half my founders pack credits on this character, why would I start brand new on another server o.O
Um, that is the question - why would you start brand new char? Someone force you? New server is for YOU to make new char?

Slitaz
Now plz fix the Eanna nuian main quest bug ....

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?43772-Eanna-Quest-quot-A-Strange-Request-quot-missing-old-anvil!

Vangald
Honestly, I would be fine with that. I am more worried about gilda stars and shop points than anything else. I have my characters look saved and it shouldn't be hard to get the name back. Grind would be unfortunate but...meh.

jdodd
09-15-2014, 10:24 AM
And the other ten they have waiting for tomorrow...

Aren't founders happy they get to play on servers consisting of nothing but founders and gold sellers?

Scapes

No, we do not have server transfers available for Head Start. It'll be a post-launch service.

Camalus
Trion announces a new server about 30 minutes before opening it. I am sure this isn't going to make anybody mad...

Stronghammer
09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Without housing limits, how does this solve the problem of land claim exactly? Someone who may be unhappy with their current house location will try their luck on the new server and it'll be the same problem all over again. What about those (such as myself) who never got a house placed at all?

Sucks to suck

FrostYMug
09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
The problem is now that we have been playing for 3 days we have characters on the queued servers and we only gett Patron rewards for the first 6 characters. So starting a new character in the new servers would mean deleteing a character and if you used all your 6 characters already now its to late to get your Patron perks on the new one. So all the patrons on the cluster servers will be SOL as this whole Headstart has been nothing but crap for the people that supported this game the most. Still nothing stated about compensation for this as well. What a total scam Trion has run here. I personally will never buy from this company again and Im requesting a refund. Not only this but they wait until half of the Patrons are back at work to put new servers up so we get screwed out of land once again. I really want to know how this company thinks this is going to be good for those of us that were already screwed by them?

fusentast
09-15-2014, 10:26 AM
so new server opens up in 5mins, or 1houre and 5min?? i cant figure this time zone ♥♥♥♥ out..

Dremlock
Scapes how am I supposed to Landgrab?! I didn't know this was coming! I can't leave work now to get my house spot! :(

atai
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AA_POSE_Glider_FeatheredHope_02_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-inoch-na-and-aier-eu/)

Founders, you've seen it for yourselves: the population on ArcheAge's initial Head Start (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-head-start/) servers has been burgeoning! We're excited to announce that two new servers are being added during Head Start due to overwhelming demand. Inoch is our new North American server and will be added to the Auction House 1 cluster. Aier is our new European server and will be added to the Auction House 3 cluster.

These new servers will be brought online and available to play today: Monday September 15 at 10:30 AM PDT (GMT-7). See you in ArcheAge, Founders!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-inoch-na-and-aier-eu/)

Today 19:20 CET 2400 players in queue, 1,5 hours ... sorry guys service is not available in this condition (New servers isn't usefull for all who started 3 days ago, you open the server only for the "standard player").

Markelix
i mean 5 mins, no, 3, hurry! ;-)

Nickolass
09-15-2014, 10:27 AM
so new server opens up in 5mins, or 1houre and 5min?? i cant figure this time zone ♥♥♥♥ out..

5 mins, hurry up ;)

Blondi
09-15-2014, 10:27 AM
I would like it so that I could have my founder account reverted back to prior login so that I can have a fresh start on the new server without losing my items from my founder pack.

Will that happen? Not Likely...

Yeah and with the new rule that only the first 6 chars get the founder items, its even more ♥♥♥♥ty to join the new server.

They should have added more servers to begin with. They should have been able to see how many ppl had the founder edition and add atleast the same amount for free to play players. Like one server would fix this mess. Queue's will only get bigger.

Dremlock
09-15-2014, 10:28 AM
THIS IS ALL TOO SUDDEN! I don't know how to feel about this. Trion pls tell me how to feel.

Shirokage
No, we do not have server transfers available for Head Start. It'll be a post-launch service.

How about a credit refund for marketplace purchases made on over populated servers?

Stronghammer
And the other ten they have waiting for tomorrow...

Aren't founders happy they get to play on servers consisting of nothing but founders and gold sellers?

I'm not, I want to play with the F2P crowd. That way I can actually build a guild with some decent size, and not people who think they own the world.

jdodd
Why did it take this long?

Dremlock
09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Trion announces a new server about 30 minutes before opening it. I am sure this isn't going to make anybody mad...

Maybe that was the plan? I don't understand the thought process, but it seems like this was predetermined.

Zella
Way to go Trion... 1 server with 30 minutes notice. What a joke.

Blondi
How will 1 server help for f2p players when founders overflow 4 servers...?

fusentast
5 mins, hurry up ;)

thanks, im only lvl18 so i start there, no big lost for me :)

Ziko

We are pleased announce..."You can now Purchase Character Transfer from the CASH SHOP"

Scrabba
09-15-2014, 10:31 AM

Meaning tomorrow or a few days/weeks when the all the land is taken again?

FrostYMug
09-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Why did it take this long?

Because its a company that has no idea how to run a release properly. They screw over a ton of patrons and then do not even state there will be compensation they just go ahead like there is nothing wrong and pretend that opening 1 new server at the ♥♥♥ end of Head start will be enough. What a joke.

Camalus
09-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Are some people still going to get 30 Daru chests, or has that been solved?

Tiny God
09-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Gonna be nuts tomorrow...

Scrabba
09-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Gonna be nuts tomorrow...

Not really they only added 2 servers they must not be expecting much more traffic.

12Seconds
09-15-2014, 10:35 AM
This just saddens me... Really on the last day of head start? Where majority of us spent credits on our character, you pop up another server on the last day? Money grab Trion? Are you trying to make us spend some money for credit that we used up on other server?

We founder should at least get a free character transfer, and what about the founder items? What is the reason to limit the founder items such as the glider and costume to 6 character? Daru chest I understand that should be limited, but the founder items? Such a big waste of money I have spent this year and feel scammed by Trion...

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes, Trion waited waaay too long to open the server. But;

Just go through the easy ♥♥♥ quests, get your GSs and place down a house, the items or whatever apparently weren't worth all that much since all I have been seeing is people complaining about the 4 day head start.. here is your head start. There is just no pleasing some people.

Gravity
So you announce a new server with a little over an hour for people to prep and organize for it? That rocks Trion, sound decision there

Hawkril
The Korean version has around 25 servers (granted it has been out over a year) and with the number of founders packs purchased (I don't know the numbers but seeing every server with a queue on Friday tells me that there was a lot) you would think that on head start there would be more then 6 servers in the US version. There was a queue of roughly two thousand people Friday on Ollo and if you assume there was roughly the same on every server... that's 12 thousand people unable to play. I can understand that Trion wouldn't want deserted servers but on the other hand I can't see how jam packed servers are any better.

CullenLochan
09-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Scapes,

Guys, I've worked in IT for a very long time and if this was a project my guys were delivering they'd be getting the unholiest of ♥♥♥-kickings right now, and there would probably be at least one person heading for the door.

We paid for a head start and we haven't had it, most of our time's been spent queueing or relogging. DDOS aside you knew there wasn't enough server estate to cope.

We've had to waste the credits we were given to get the items we should have been sent anyway. I seriously doubt the DDOS had anything to do with this.

Because of the delays there's a core of landgrabbers who have ruined the initial 4 servers, There's no land available in any of the zones I've got to so far (about lvl 22).

Where the hell are your GMs?? The racist, sexist, xenophobic and generally threatening language on the servers is appalling. There are several players who should just be banned now, but there's not even anyone giving them a GM based slap, and no simple mechanism for reporting it either.

This is the worst customer experience I've seen in a long time.

FrostYMug
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Not really they only added 2 servers they must not be expecting much more traffic.

LOL yeah they have only 3 million people signed up for beta and they have only a fraction of that in right now so I think they are going ot have a BIG problem tomorrow since as usual they will not be prepared as they have proven here. Obviously the BETA and ALPHA was not enough to help this company release a 2 year old game that they knew how many people to expect on day one of Head start and now they have a unknown amount about to destry their puny server bank. Then we will get the Oh we had no idea this game was that popular.

Thygar
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Nice server is up but I cannot connect to it because I have 4 characters on Ollo andit wont let me create any others on any server and yes I purchased the character expansion slots

Malari
09-15-2014, 10:39 AM
honestly, anyone who's just joining into the game is going to have a tough time finding housing/farming slots because not enough servers were opened initially. And continuing to add more servers is not going to balance that, because the beginning servers will always be too packed.. people who have spent $150 have been having issues.. what chance do newer subscribers have? Frankly only thing that could possibly fix it; besides opening up the northern region, is to expand the size of the land mass itself or add 'a lot' more housing areas. I also really think how RU made it so that you had to turn in your small farm to get your large farm really helped things as well.

Jilliebeans
09-15-2014, 10:39 AM
is there a reason why we cant connect to the new server or the other servers?

FCqt
09-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Ha! Ha! This is the biggest joke in the history of MMO. Since I have 4 character on a server already (Salphira), apparentely I am not allowed to connect to any other server. Is this some kind of joke? For who is this server supposed to be? am I not supposed to have a maximum of 4 character per server and 6 across all server? This is ♥♥♥♥ed up.

Loptor
09-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Scapes,

Guys, I've worked in IT for a very long time and if this was a project my guys were delivering they'd be getting the unholiest of ♥♥♥-kickings right now, and there would probably be at least one person heading for the door.

We paid for a head start and we haven't had it, most of our time's been spent queueing or relogging. DDOS aside you knew there wasn't enough server estate to cope.

We've had to waste the credits we were given to get the items we should have been sent anyway. I seriously doubt the DDOS had anything to do with this.

Because of the delays there's a core of landgrabbers who have ruined the initial 4 servers, There's no land available in any of the zones I've got to so far (about lvl 22).

Where the hell are your GMs?? The racist, sexist, xenophobic and generally threatening language on the servers is appalling. There are several players who should just be banned now, but there's not even anyone giving them a GM based slap, and no simple mechanism for reporting it either.

So true, GM are needed to moderate ingame

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 10:42 AM
I could volunteer to be an ingame GM. Where do I sign up?

EraChanZ
More servers? Great... you just started destroying the game Trion; you let 100 QQers on the forums get you to.. sad day.. sad day..

Nickolass
Ha! Ha! This is the biggest joke in the history of MMO. Since I have 4 character on a server already (Salphira), apparentely I am not allowed to connect to any other server. Is this some kind of joke? For who is this server supposed to be? am I not supposed to have a maximum of 4 character per server and 6 across all server? This is ♥♥♥♥ed up.

Since you already have 4 chars, why do you think the new server is for you, not for the ppl that couldn't make even 1 or 2 ? ...

vansinnes
09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
What about free character migration to the new server? Is that something to expect? Feels alot like EU gets left behind, US is good and stable and people are having fun, while EU sits in queues for 2 hours and lag in game. to many people on the servers.

SenaQ
09-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Really this is waste of 150$ for me... if there will be new server, whats meaning of headstart?... there ll be no new players on firsts servers... So where is head start idiot trion... Greedy you are... Bastard...

Waldo
09-15-2014, 10:44 AM
I am glad that you are so happy with this, but we are not. You are killing guilds! You are forcing my members to go to other servers.
On top of that, nothing for Europe. You suck big time.
I wish I could see silver lining in this. Well, thanks to you have more time for other things.

This is really the last time that I spend money for an headstart and items that don't arrive.

Thygar
09-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Since you already have 4 chars, why do you think the new server is for you, not for the ppl that couldn't make even 1 or 2 ? ...

I think the server is for both of us since we may have 4 characters but we have no land and cant get land ...

Cynful
Ok what gives i have 2 chars on ollo and i can't make a new char on the new server is this a fact?

FCqt
The new server should be for EVERYONE, not a select few that meet the criteria. I would delete these character instantly and go to a fresh new server if I could, but I cannot since it will take 24 to 72hour to get my character deleted. They should have just told us in advance that they were planning to open X server.

edit: I guess I will delete all my character and gamble on them adding new server for F2P so I can be ready.

AnonymouseRage
09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
2 whole new servers 1 for you USA and 1 for you Europe. Trying to limit the amount of investments into a game like a boss.
Next Day, 3 times worse. Screw them there just free to play players
Next Month, We need to consolidate servers, no idea what happened!?!

tslobikSVK
added one server for EU ? joke ? 12 for NA and minimum 8 for EU .. !!! and look at GW2 .. crosservers !!!! free migrating !!!! OMG..

Cynful
Seriously if we cannot even make a new character for the new server what is the point?

Kiyoko
09-15-2014, 10:49 AM
The new server should be for EVERYONE, not a select few that meet the criteria. I would delete these character instantly and go to a fresh new server if I could, but I cannot since it will take 24 to 72hour to get my character deleted. They should have just told us in advance that they were planning to open X server.

edit: I guess I will delete all my character and gamble on them adding new server for F2P so I can be ready.

I hope everyone who landcamped on the first 6/4 servers realizes their efforts are for naught now.

MidWorld
09-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Give the Daru chest one per account per server and people might actually think of switching servers.

Toan
09-15-2014, 10:50 AM
If you plan to make a new character on the new servers but already have 2-4 on old servers(depends on how many character slots you expanded) you need to expand your character slot limit again, the 6 characters for servers overall, still applies, but you start with 2 characters total for all servers added together, if you want 6, that's 4k credits worth of character slot expansions.

Fortrek
09-15-2014, 10:52 AM
This community makes me sick.

Just because there is a new server doesn't mean you need to go for it!! They will not close current servers :mad:

If they don't release a new server = Cry because need more servers.
If they release a new server = Cry because you'r playing on one server and can't go to another.

Its just impossible to make you happy.

NJ Trion, you waited time enough to see if a new server was really necessary and add only 1 at a time. Point for it!

One question: When will the grace time for reconnect be added? This is the only real killer of game right now...

Scrabba
09-15-2014, 10:53 AM
The problem is they are trying quick fix to solve the issue. They should offer a head start to founders on any server they open up, then public gets access after that. They should allow for character migration if you do not own property.

AnonymouseRage
If you plan to make a new character on the new servers but already have 2-4 on old servers(depends on how many character slots you expanded) you need to expand your character slot limit again, the 6 characters for servers overall, still applies, but you start with 2 characters total for all servers added together, if you want 6, that's 4k credits worth of character slot expansions.
They need to give patrons 4 slots, and founders all six.

The problem is they are trying quick fix to solve the issue. They should offer a head start to founders on any server they open up, then public gets access after that. They should allow for character migration if you do not own property.
That would be to good to be true idea tho.

Grimspiller
Adding one new server maybe enough for number of patron players. The question now is are there more F2P or patron players what is percentage of everyone?

Blackscale
09-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Too little too late :-/ I'm not going to start leveling a new character after this long.

tslobikSVK
and other thing ... Trion got so much money for prepurchase.. its so difficult to buy new RAMs for extend slots for each server ? :D :D :D

Toan
One question: When will the grace time for reconnect be added? This is the only real killer of game right now...
This would be nice to know and have added because I know plenty of people who get in after a long queue and get d/ced like 5-10mins later and have to go straight to the hour long queue again.

lennia
09-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Honestly , i tried to be really postive, but Trion pulling this out makes me really wonder why they want so much money and hate there players so much.

Thank you for ruining my game Trion, I hope the server gets ddosed x-x

Effie
09-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Everyone wanted new servers and now we have them everyone rages lol, can't please everyone i guess smh

Scrabba
09-15-2014, 10:56 AM
They also are trying to hedge their bets...better to have too few servers than too many. Once populations drop I'm sure they have no answer for how to combine servers

Jilliebeans
09-15-2014, 10:57 AM
they are raging because u can only make 2 characters unless u buy character slots.

Poetry
09-15-2014, 10:57 AM
New servers don't help me if I can't even get past the server selection screen without being disconnected by the gods. I haven't been actually in the game since the first night.

Recluse
09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
24hrs to delete a lvl12, looks like i'm back in the waiting screen again for couple hours..

Leila
09-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee new servers.. but yeah.. it's so boring to start lvling again lmao ..

Effie
09-15-2014, 11:00 AM
they are raging because u can only make 2 characters unless u buy character slots.

Life's a betch~

Kittaene
09-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Scapes.

Pang
09-15-2014, 11:02 AM

Based on what they have said before in the live streams, Its 2 per server with a total of 6. So yes you can make a new character on the new server w/o having to pay for it.

Shalille
09-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Heres how to get to the new server for those who dont wanna lose their founder items and levels.

First if you need a free slot, delete your lowest alt (transfer all its gear to your main first)

Make a alt in new server, rush and claim land.

Wait for server transfers to be implemented post launch.

When its rdy sell up your stuff and transfer your mains over without losing any founder perks.

MickeyJ
09-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Unable to create characters on Inoch.

I only have two characters on Ollo currently, thus not at the 6 per account limit but am unable to connect to Inoch to create characters.

Are these new servers intended for F2P players only?

Insaneshottz
09-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Great, two new servers and no way to transfer characters. All this means is the players that are already screwed on the full servers will remain to be screwed whilst new players get new servers. That's all the head start players at a disadvantage then :/.

Shalille
09-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Unable to create characters on Inoch.

I only have two characters on Ollo currently, thus not at the 6 per account limit but am unable to connect to Inoch to create characters.

Are these new servers intended for F2P players only?

The base limit is 2 in total. You may purchase market place upgrades to raise it to 6. Or delete one from ollo.

Shilani
09-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I can create just one character in each server...Is this a new bug or what?

Recluse
09-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Heres how to get to the new server for those who dont wanna lose their founder items and levels.

First if you need a free slot, delete your lowest alt (transfer all its gear to your main first)

Make a alt in new server, rush and claim land.

Wait for server transfers to be implemented post launch.

When its rdy sell up your stuff and transfer your mains over without losing any founder perks.

24hrs to delete a lvl12 so good luck with that idea,unless you have a lvl1/5 take couple hours still guessing.

Chainers
09-15-2014, 11:07 AM
While I can applaud you for trying to fix the very clear population issues, the point of paying for a headstart (for some of us) was to rush and get land before it ran out. By creating a new server this late into headstart, you are really giving that benefit to those who didn't pay for the game. It seems like the right choice would be to allow characters to transfer to the new server, or at least refund credits if they want to restart.

Otherwise many people who dumped tons of time into the game are going to opt to staying, and the new server will be mostly unpopulated until the F2P/non founders join.

Its kind of a kick in the nuts to those who paid :-(

MickeyJ
09-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Its 2 per server with a total of 6. So yes you can make a new character on the new server w/o having to pay for it.

WRONG, Trion has pulled a fast one on us all, loading screen now states "2 toons across all servers and you can buy 4 additional slots for a total of 6 across all servers"

Mav986
09-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Scapes,

Scapes said months ago in alpha that Archeage is not going to be policed.

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 11:10 AM
The game has been on for 3 days and people already have full character slots... Don't blame Trion for your greedy practices. If you went ahead and filled up your slots in 3 days it's your own damn fault.

AnonymouseRage
09-15-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm free to play so it would not effect me.
but they should give all founders or players who payed 50 ~ 150 for head start a token to expand there character slots.
This way if they already maxed them out they can just sell the item in game.
another note:
But from what I have seen so far with this game, Trion is trying to play the safe card and not mess up like they did with rift's way to many servers.
Trion I must say this, you failed bad. I think you did a worse job this time around. And once the free to play players come. You will just be back where you were and/or worse.
In the end if you fail to do anything to accommodate the non- early access player base, Allot of revenue will be tossed away.
I plan to subscribe, But ONLY if I can even log in. I fear however you just do not care. You have your money. So limit how much more you invest.

Wrena
09-15-2014, 11:12 AM
This is smart, if this gets super crowded for a longer time than the initial over crowding, they will probably add more, let them test the waters, they are the ones investing, you don't want them adding 6, then picking one that becomes barren, then complaining that it's a wasteland.

source: Wildstar.

although i didn't complain about the population, I saw many who did and Carbine bent to their will only to have it get thrown up in their face.

Faolchunna
So, why at the server select screen can I not Connect to the new server, or any server I don't already have characters on?

Sadism23
Has anyone actually got into the new server? connect is greyed out for me

Recluse
09-15-2014, 11:13 AM

you will need to buy more slots if only have 2 an both used up

Debura
09-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Would be nice to have servers added later in the day, instead of at noon. Not all of us can take off work.

Leila
09-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Scapes,

lol you can't just ignore those people?

Effie
09-15-2014, 11:15 AM
The desperation for a house is insane too, pretty sure new land will be available sooner or later. Is it really that necessary to have a house right here right now?!!

Calm your passions!! :D

AnonymouseRage
09-15-2014, 11:15 AM

There not done milking you yet, please stand by for the 2x4.

ScopeDown
09-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Should upgrade current servers (i.e, Kyrios) to fit more players, not just add new servers. There will be more people joining the current Headstart Servers.

Cynful
09-15-2014, 11:16 AM

What about having 6 characters? why do we have to buy more if we only have 2?

Like who would be stupid enough to give them more money?

HadesR
09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Should people have free transfers ? : Nope
Should Trion have given more warning of the server opening ? : Nope

It was painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that new servers are / were needed ..If people ran off impatiently and made all their char's on the initial servers .. O well that's what you get for not thinking ahead ..

Hint : Before you run off and make all of your 6 chars on the new servers .. Expect they maybe have more planned to be released for the hordes 2moro ..

The desperation for a house is insane too, pretty sure new land will be available sooner or later. Is it really that necessary to have a house right here right now?!!

Calm your passions!! :D

No clue .. I know I didn't bother playing for the first two days of HS due to all the issues .. And just this minute managed to place my scarecrow garden right next to Gweonid lake ( few spaces still there ) on Naima server ..

Cynful
09-15-2014, 11:18 AM

It was painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that new servers are / were needed ..If people ran off impatiently and made all their char's on the initial servers .. O well that's what you get for not thinking ahead ..

Hint : Before you run off and make all of your 6 chars on the new servers .. Expect they maybe have more planned to be released for the hordes 2moro ..

I have 2 chars not 6 and can't make any on new server or any other server to be exact.

Effie
09-15-2014, 11:18 AM

*clap clap*

Recluse
09-15-2014, 11:19 AM
What about having 6 characters? why do we have to buy more if we only have 2?

Like who would be stupid enough to give them more money?

You get 2 at the start an can have a max of 6 across all servers,but to get more than 2 slots now you must buy an expansion slot from marketplace

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 11:20 AM

Indeed. These people with 4+ characters are probably the same people who have placed down all the cheap houses to block off land.

Arduina
09-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Strange, i can not create new characters on others servers (i have 4 characters on Eanna).
I think i could create a character on Aier but not...

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Strange, i can not create new characters on others servers (i have 4 characters on Eanna).
I think i could create a character on Aier but not...

Nope, you used up all your slots.

Leila
09-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Ugh.. can someone explain to me why people have so many characters?.. I mean i just made 1 char i got house/farm and that's it.. now i'm just lvling lol..

Arduina
09-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Nope, you used up all your slots.

It will be 6 characters on all servers, no ?

Arduina
09-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Ugh.. can someone explain to me why people have so many characters?.. I mean i just made 1 char i got house/farm and that's it.. now i'm just lvling lol..

For pleasure... and i got no house (only garden)

Gulch
09-15-2014, 11:25 AM
WRONG, Trion has pulled a fast one on us all, loading screen now states "2 toons across all servers and you can buy 4 additional slots for a total of 6 across all servers"

It seems they have been changing this "policy" under the radar.

Ketec
09-15-2014, 11:26 AM
these 2 should have opened tomorrow - for the launch to give new patrons also a fair chance to get land.

Effie
09-15-2014, 11:27 AM

Agreed.

More than happy with my little farm ~

Domgordo
09-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Hm the server should be already opened !?! why i cannot connect ?

Mordim
09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
LOL yeah they have only 3 million people signed up for beta and they have only a fraction of that in right now so I think they are going ot have a BIG problem tomorrow since as usual they will not be prepared as they have proven here. Obviously the BETA and ALPHA was not enough to help this company release a 2 year old game that they knew how many people to expect on day one of Head start and now they have a unknown amount about to destry their puny server bank. Then we will get the Oh we had no idea this game was that popular.

i agree on the popularity for every 1 founder for a fact 5 people will follow. like Riot and other games they know the real revenue comes from volume of players vs small volume. It's how neverwinter failed trying to exploit a business model for a smaller population and didn't allow it to grow/evolve well.

Let's hope more servers come soon and people realise they won't be ghost servers such as wildstar.

Koniko
09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
lol you can't just ignore those people?

Why because what he says makes sense? Have worked in a code based environment Leila? Where things that need to get rolled out to customers in a correct and timely fashion means a happy customer base?

If not can we just ignore people like you??

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 11:29 AM

To exploit the easy GS at the start most likely.

MickeyJ
Did Trion change the character creation rules during Head-Start?

Initially you could create 2 per server up to a maximum of 6 total and had to pay for the 3rd and 4th slots on a server.

Now the loading screen states "You can create 2 characters across all servers and purchase up to 4 additional slots for a total of 6 characters"

Reason I am asking is I like other pissed players tried to log onto Inoch to create characters, but since I have 2 on Ollo the connect button is greyed out for all other servers.

MystiqueAngel
This is smart, if this gets super crowded for a longer time than the initial over crowding, they will probably add more, let them test the waters, they are the ones investing, you don't want them adding 6, then picking one that becomes barren, then complaining that it's a wasteland.

source: Wildstar.

although i didn't complain about the population, I saw many who did and Carbine bent to their will only to have it get thrown up in their face.

Aion had the issues of a server dying... AND they merged them. SOO they could potentially do it as well create 3 more servers for EU IF one ends up being a ghost land MERGE it.

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
It will be 6 characters on all servers, no ?

Pretty sure it's a global limit on characters. If not one person could just make a character on every server and hold land everywhere.

GrPanic
09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Aion had the issues of a server dying... AND they merged them. SOO they could potentially do it as well create 3 more servers for EU IF one ends up being a ghost land MERGE it.

plz do explain us how u will merge land plots aswell cause i see some skyskrapers already. genius

Effie
09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Why because what he says makes sense? Have worked in a code based environment Leila? Where things that need to get rolled out to customers in a correct and timely fashion means a happy customer base?

Not sure what having worked in a code based environment has to do with anything?

HadesR
09-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Did Trion change the character creation rules during Head-Start?

Initially you could create 2 per server up to a maximum of 6 total and had to pay for the 3rd and 4th slots on a server.

Now the loading screen states "You can create 2 characters across all servers and purchase up to 4 additional slots for a total of 6 characters"

Pretty sure it's been 2 free Char's Globally .. Pay for the rest since HS began ..

Mira Rift
I would love to transfer if I could bring over what I have already, with a gilda refund and materials I put into my partly finished house.

MickeyJ

They cannot MERGE servers in ArcheAge since owned land is NOT instanced.

How would you deal with people that own the same piece of land on the servers that get merged?

cougar43
09-15-2014, 11:34 AM
a new server was added, and it says its up, but as soon as I saw the green writing go across my chat telling about it i logged out and the new server was there but when I tried to click on connect it went gray. Whats up with this is it full already? did it crash? can we still get a shot at that server? whats up plz

Liloou
09-15-2014, 11:36 AM
They probably add even more servers tomorrow (i would bet another 5-10?) since they really should know there will join way more people tomorrow. And if they set the char transfer at the cash shop they really will earn a lot of money because many people will buy them. And best: nobody will be able to complain its p2w. Congrats to your great business model, trion, you really understand how to listen to your costumers lol

MickeyJ
09-15-2014, 11:37 AM
a new server was added and it says its up but as soon as i saw the green writing go across my chat i loged out and the new server was there but when i tried to click on connect it went gray whats up with this is it full already? did it crash? can we still get a shot at that server? whats up

You already have the max characters and have to PAY Trion for slots in order to play on a non-underpopulated server without a 90min+ queue time.

cougar43
09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
k yes thats what i figured, full allready. Just shows how many people are unhappy. What time do the new servers go online tomorrow 1pm est? thanks

EraChanZ
09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
They probably add even more servers tomorrow (i would bet another 5-10?) since they really should know there will join way more people tomorrow. And if they set the char transfer at the cash shop they really will earn a lot of money because many people will buy them. And best: nobody will be able to complain its p2w. Congrats to your great business model, trion, you really understand how to listen to your costumers lol
Trion hasn't destroyed the game yet, adding 5-10 servers will mean RIP game, 100% guaranteed..
If they do that; I will stop wasting my time on the game per direct, because I know it'll be for nothing within 1-2 months when all servers are ghost towns

Domgordo
09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
You already have the max characters and have to PAY Trion for slots in order to play on a non-underpopulated server without a 90min+ queue time.

Population is already high and u can bad something on it, that u will soon have an queue there .

Piladaami
09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
... now that I have collected 50 Gilda Stars for Thatched Farmhouse just to find out there is no available space for it, it would be very appreciated is I could migrate my characters in a server with some free Housing area. Is it possible. If not, I have lost all advantage for the four days, because if I now delete my charters and create new characters to this new server I most probably find Housing areas full also there when I have those 50 Gilda Stars. So how about the migration?
PS only 1 more server for Europe wont be enough

cougar43
09-15-2014, 11:45 AM
ok thanks guys, its what I figured full that fast wow just shows you how many people are unhappy with there situation. What time tomorrow do the new servers go up is it still 10 Am pacific time?

Domgordo
09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Trion hasn't destroyed the game yet, adding 5-10 servers will mean RIP game, 100% guaranteed..
If they do that; I will stop wasting my time on the game per direct, because I know it'll be for nothing within 1-2 months when all servers are ghost towns

Did u ever hear something of a Char transfer ? , did u know that a Char is only a small File in an Directory on the server that can be easy copyed to any other server if u want ?, the only what not work is to take your houses with but your Char and all his inventory and instanced Stuff u can theoreticly transfer in a few seconds to any server u want , if Archeage RUS and Archeage Korea will be connect with Trion u can transfer all your chars from there to here how u want, technically this is absolutly possible. If u have the server software and get connection to the trion server u can also simply "copy" your Char from there to your private home server.

coryu711
wtf??? i'm trying to buy a character slot but the market place says i have 0 loyalty tokens on both my toons?!? yet in the bottom left corner it says i have 20 on each toon? another ♥♥♥♥ing bug?!?! ♥♥♥♥ YOU TRION

can't even get land on the new server because i have a whopping TWOOOO characters (love how they changed max chars without telling us btw), and it takes 24 hours to delete one of them so i cant just delete one and start on the other server. i ♥♥♥♥ing hate you so much trion....some forward notice of a new server would have been great.

Pycro
Come on Trion,

this is dog logic...

you open up ONE server and we still have 2.5k player queues at prime time. New server also about to hit queue...

How do you expect f2p players to enter the game if patrons can't???? IT WILL BE MADNESS...

And what logic is that you do not provide character transfers? Charge it modestly but do it or give all perks for all created characters (as it should be.. .we payed of em.. didn't we??!)!!!!!!!!

You should fire half of the staff due to this head start fiasco!

1 day of downtime, 24h of queue with non stop crashes to play few hours... 3rd day into headstart

Archequeue is worst MMO early acces EVER...

lordpeezzee
09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
when exactly can free players log in i'm California time

Leila
09-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Lol.. the only thing i was saying is to ignore racist people and etc, i played so many games and GMs never did anything cuz of such stuff o.O

Trucider
09-15-2014, 11:52 AM
No new servers = whine
New servers = whine

Welcome to the ♥♥♥♥ community.

Pycro
09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
No new servers = whine
New servers = whine

Welcome to the ♥♥♥♥ community.
Your post is plain trolling... you either DO THINGS or DON'T...
1 server DID NOT FIX anything, nor 2 of them would. Are you aware that tomorrow there is official launch and TON of f2p people will jump on servers, wait for 10 hours to enter. People like you make the community ♥♥♥♥. Now its too late to add anything as no Patrons who spent a lot of game cash will transfer without character transfer... meaning f2p on new servers, patrons on old...

Think twice before posting stupid replyes.

Chainers
09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Without the option to transfer characters, this will not alleviate the queue or land scarcity issues that are plaguing head start.

Prototype
09-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Your post is plain trolling... you either DO THINGS or DON'T...
1 server DID NOT FIX anything, nor 2 of them would. Are you aware that tomorrow there is official launch and TON of f2p people will jump on servers, wait for 10 hours to enter. People like you make the community ♥♥♥♥. Now its too late to add anything as no Patrons who spent a lot of game cash will transfer without character transfer... meaning f2p on new servers, patrons on old...

Think twice before posting stupid replyes.
1 Server will actually help. I think more would be damaging the servers.
I'd rather have longer queue's now than having a dead empty server later

Novak
09-15-2014, 11:58 AM
do we can change server ? any item on marketplace or something ? that would make all server to move some people to the new one

Recluse
09-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Think i will wait an see what happens this week with land an how fast the houses go up,without any farms to plant trees going to take ages to build them all. An when people see how many scrolls an credits are needed from the marketplace to advertise the land going to be funny.

Scapes
09-15-2014, 12:01 PM
NOTE: If you have difficulty seeing or connecting to one of the new servers, try logging into an existing character first.

Recluse

After your 2hr q that is :)

Grimspiller
I see many people that grabed land are complaining about adding new server. LOL idiots

We need more servers patrons aren't the only ones that should be able to get in.

HadesR
09-15-2014, 12:02 PM
when exactly can free players log in i'm California time

10am PDT .....

Proxima
09-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Too little too late

OnoderaKisaki
09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
just got disconnected from kyprosa again. 3h queue now... awesome stuff
You know I would actually change to the new server even though I already reached lvl 36 and it would be quite annoying. But the thing that is stopping me is that I wont get the items I bought from the store on my new character(I bought a glider cause the founders one sucks). And that with f2p launch the ONE new server will be full instantly aswell....

Fantasm
Friends, allies, enemies.

You knew exactly what was coming. EXACTLY. If you have never done an MMO launch before, well, you did now. This stuff happens ALL THE TIME. Trion even gave you a new server for land grab DURING headstart. I didn't expect it till tomorrow. WHY would you make multiple characters when you can't even place a house? Unless you already have one, or several. What from the shop could you possibly need to use all your credits? I rushed 2 small houses and a small scarecrow. I had the 50$ founders pack. I STILL have 1.65k credit since the only thing you NEED to buy is tax certs.

Assume there will be new servers opening tomorrow. Assume that the majority of the F2P players will NOT immediately be patrons, giving you another opportunity to land grab. There was a forum post saying you will only be allowed 2 characters without paying, after being UNABLE to place a plot, why would you make another toon? I would have deleted my second toon immediately and prep for the next land grab.

I did not play during alpha or beta, and I still got a house. In fact, I got a thatched farmhouse as well as 2 scarecrows. How you ask? When hundreds, nigh thousands, of people are posting about how they have a strategy for housing on day one, it would be a good assumption that levelling can wait. How many of you that played during alpha and beta KNEW exactly what you needed to do to place a house?

To the people who have been totally unable to place due to them not being able to log on during the first hour of head start: I feel for you. I do. If you are on tahyong I know a few spots that were still available (west). Friend me in game or PM me here, ingame is fierin. Please understand the cost of the farmhouse (which many people rushed): 3k raw stone, 1.5k iron ore, 1.5k logs. Calculate the labor cost. Please remember how many people are going to jump ship because they MAY possibly get a better location. I opted for a PvP zone as a home, and I don't mind it. Even as a newb.

This should not be a rage thread. Everyone should be happy that Trion COMPLETELY ADDED TWO SERVERS IN 2 DAYS. thats a 20% increase. Be happy, hope for the future.

Fierin out.

Xara
Instead of opening new lag fest queue machines, how about fixing the current servers so they can run lag free without 2 hour queue/crash/2 hour queues?

TY

Huzter
09-15-2014, 12:10 PM
wtf new servers.....and same queue every night with 900+ places......come one guys ......how we will play tomorow?

EraChanZ
09-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Instead of opening new lag fest queue machines, how about fixing the current servers so they can run lag free without 2 hour queue/crash/2 hour queues?

TY

Imho increasing the server capacity would've been better, yes.. land is supposed to be a valueable commodity; not something everyoen can have on their precious favorite spot >_>;

trev
09-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Can we get an official pronunciation on these 2 names? Cause this ♥♥♥♥ is gonna piss me off

Inoch = In-o-k or In-oh-k
Aier = Air or i-er

Not quite sure but the 1st ones is how i would say it in Queens English.

OnoderaKisaki
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Imho increasing the server capacity would've been better, yes.. land is supposed to be a valueable commodity; not something everyoen can have on their precious favorite spot >_>;

yes and It's so precious that it leads people to do everything to ruin it for others for their own profit. like creating multiple characters so they can buy up multiple spots only to sell them later...

Openedge1
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure it's been 2 free Char's Globally .. Pay for the rest since HS began ..

This is NOT true, if you read this from the Trion live stream

"You will only be able to make 2 characters per server to begin with (6 in total on one continent)"

http://www.junkiesnation.com/2014/09/10/archeage-trion-live-stream-summary-tips-head-start/

That is not two PERIOD...that is 6 across all servers total...with 2 PER SERVER...

So, what is interesting is how the language has CHANGED as well on the FAQ's page.

This was the FAQ page on September 3rd. http://web.archive.org/web/20140903125943/http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/

"For reference, an account will be allowed to have a maximum of six characters with a limit of two per server at launch."

Nice....but...WAIT

The following day - http://web.archive.org/web/20140904001737/https://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/

"How many characters can I have per account?
An account will start with two character slots and be allowed to have a maximum of six character slots but with a limit of four per server at launch."

And now there is mention of "paying" for the slots? WTF@!

Trion bait and switch!

Starkythefox
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
added one server for EU ? joke ? 12 for NA and minimum 8 for EU .. !!! and look at GW2 .. crosservers !!!! free migrating !!!! OMG..
tslobikSVK, they don't need to look at any outside-of-business game, they have Rift which have Cross-servers (Shards) and free migrating (7 days CD). It's not a Trion proble, it's a XLGames problem, for the Crossservers, they need to develop that feature XLGames. Trion could do it but if XLGames says no, they say no. Now, making a transfer server page without having to code it into the game, Trion could do that, as it is more of a Database feature.

Machini5t
09-15-2014, 12:22 PM
And the QQ begins again :D
You know this was going to happen right?
You've heard folks say "Give them an inch and they take a mile" ?
Come on.. you can't say you didn't expect them to cry again.
So far the theme I get from the Founders.. Not all of them.. just most of them.. is Spoiled brats all grown up.. perhaps they are the "time-out" brand of spoiled brats and that's worse.

If your a Founder and you don't fall into this category, then you likely had great parents to raise you right. Sorry that the rest of the brats have branded you as well becuase of "guilty by association" and all.

It will be a pleasure to PvP these Brats when I get into the game!

Eddrick
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Hello all ,
Personally I think the housing issue , thou annoying , is not the issue most are concerned with. It would have been nice if all worked as intended and launch and everyone had a fair chance to get there house based off of skill and time committed instead of luck getting online but what is done is done . F2P will not hurt housing as they can not purchase housing only new patrons will be able .

The main problem as been and continues to be the queue times and other related issues. Adding a new servers is a step in the right direction and most of us can understand not wanting to flood to many servers to create wasteland that open housing will make difficult to combine but will a average of 1500 people in queue one server for US and one for EU is not enough.

Trion needs to remember we are the ones whom paid in advance to play and are upset due to not being able to do so. Most people do not have the time with family's and life's to wait 2 hours to get online.
Most founded are using the game time that came with there packages to not only play but to decide if they will continue to pay after that time expires or play at all . F2P people will be using the next couple of weeks to see if the game is worth them paying for or buying credits in . If they can not even get I to the game what do you thing the answer will be?
People not playing or paying to play should be a much larger concern than opening 1 to many servers. Even 1 server will be to many with no customers .

Adding servers also does not address all the issues . People made there character and began to advance them and claimed their limited founders packages. To start over means to lose progress and the items they paid for in those packages thus making them not want to move without a character transfer . A lot of players , like me , also have friends they have been telling about the game . Those friends plan to try before they buy . They also want to play on they same server with the rest of their friends. So you can see not all F2P will go to the empty servers .

I have seen the answer that character copy will be available after launch. This would still work if more servers to online then as well, BUT I am imagining that a fee in credits or money will be required. Under normal circumstances that would be common practice but with the issues plaguing this launch and the slow response time and slower release of information this should NOT be the case here at least not for founders .
People are already having to spend credits which = additional money to character slots to try to get on the servers if they have to do they same for transfer that will add insult to the injury of this launch. Sure it equals more money for the company but at what cost ? A short term gain can lead to a long term cost.

I for one so not care what server I play on as long as I can log in when my life allows me time to play and play with the friends whom are wanting to play this game as well . Housing will balance out sooner or later .

I would humbly suggest more servers only 2-3 more on each side as not to over do it and either a one time free character transfer after F2P launch for any headscarf founders who would like to use it OR. A temporary loyalty store item that allows one character transfer for 20 loyalty points , which is what you would have earned for the head start period.

This will allow all whom want to move servers without additional real world cost so they can get into game , get land if available and they desire and play with their friends or guilds .

Thank you for hearing me out and your attention to this matter. Their are a lot of upset people yes , but please realize they are upset because they want to give you their time and money to enjoy the game your are offering and currently they can not.

Wulfe Icewind
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Trionís business model for AA (a hybrid subscription/free2play model with cash markets) relies on retaining customers to meet the forecasted revenue projections for their stakeholders.
The litany of issues during headstart has created serious threats to those projections, but it is really the lack of appropriate response and customer service that threatens to kill the cow before you get your cash back from it.

Take the primary issues facing your founders: (1) queues, (2) housing spots
The first issue compounded every single crash. It is one thing to have bugs and crashes at a release, quite another to spend hours in queue after being the victim of said crash. The second issue is far more important from a longer term standpoint and will require a solution.

My assumption of the addition of the free2play component of your business model is to cast a wider net and then convince the potential paying customers that are playing free to pull out their wallets. If the cornerstone reason for doing so is housing and they know ahead of time that either (a) there wonít be any spots or (b) they will find a spot in the boonies for a house in the middle of a sardine can batch of housing which they can find another spot for any farm(s) that they might be able to place in other zones who knows where, then how hard will that sale be? Without a long term solution to the housing issue, the game is seriously limited from a subscription standpoint. Ultima Online had these same issues only they didnít occur with hours of release (really?!? Nice combination of poor planning on Trionís part and some opportunistic moves on playerís parts). I am sure that no one predicted players pulling massive amounts of gilda stars immediately after starting the game from some of the avenues that they were available, but its all about how you respond/or dont respond to what is happening.

Even more negligent has been their handling of issues for players who purchased founderís packs who still have not been able to successfully connect to the game as of today. An example of this that hits close to home for me is with my brother. When a company using the business model Trion is trying with ArcheAge profiles their customers, my brother falls under the ďgolden gooseĒ section. He not only purchased their most expensive founderís pack, but has a history of spending cash in the cash markets as well. Letís look at his experience with ArcheAge to date.

He did not intend to play ArcheAge, but the rest of us badgered him and moved over. Once he realized he was going to be playing alone elsewhere, he decided to buy a founderís pack. On Saturday morning, he registered an account with glyph (a new account as he never played Rift etc). He subsequently pulled out the wallet and purchased the $149 founderís pack and then downloaded/installed the client. After the installation was complete, he attempted to login to his account. It was then that he received notice that he account had been banned. No reason was given, he hadnít even logged into the game once and he did not get an email (which it states in your support docs he should listing the reason he was banned). He put in a ticket and tried to get a response using emails he had received. When he finally got a response from Trion it stated that they would get back to him in 96-120 hours. REALLY?!? At this point the headstart is overÖ no chance of having somewhere to build a house or even drop a farm on our server. What exactly did he get for that $149? He is rightfully upset about the whole situation and lack of response. The last time I spoke to him, he was non-committal on playing the game whether it was corrected or not. This not only impacts him, but the rest of us who play with him. It also impacts you Trion. That is the perfect example of a golden goose that you are pissing away with the lack of support for this release. I have seen the posts and know that my brother isnít alone. There are several customers out there who have been bent over the proverbial fence. What are you plans for those customers? If I was the one in his shoes it would take a very nice compensation to make amends. There are costs to doing that, but more to no doing it. Stakeholders are not known for their patience when the revenues are on the line, especially when they appear to be caused by willful neglect.

Letís face it Trion has lost customers this weekend. I know a couple personally who are already gone and will likely never return for a second look (Trion you might be on the lookout for credit card companies putting holds on payments). But poor releases are not a headshot and they can be recovered from, it just takes appropriate responses from the company. This is why I am more concerned about the lack of response than any of the issues that the game has faced to this point.

Oh as an FYI, adding a few servers on Friday night or Saturday morning would have resolved the queue issue and hidden the housing issue for a time. However, adding 2 more servers on the last day of headstart (while it is a start) wonít be much of a salve. There is a good chance that customers flooding to the new servers in hopes of open spots for housing/farms (especially those that work) will not only find the same problem there when they get online, but they will have lost the other perk of every headstart and that is the time to level and get ahead of the incoming masses. And what will the actual release be like with even more players in queue (and with priority queues how many of those trying the game out free will say ďOh yeah I gotta have that?Ē. I do not know if there were no decision makers available over the weekend or not, but that is a critical mistake. Someone who was onboard during the weekend to deal with issues that arose should have either been a decision maker or empowered to make decisions. At this point, much of it will be damage control rather than building on initial solutions that bought goodwill and trust from your customer base.

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 12:24 PM

<facepalm> How about people only claiming the land they can use, and not blocking land with selfish placement of houses?

Xantippe
09-15-2014, 12:28 PM
You know this was going to happen right?
You've heard folks say "Give them an inch and they take a mile" ?
Come on.. you can't say you didn't expect them to cry again.
So far the theme I get from the Founders.. Not all of them.. just most of them.. is Spoiled brats all grown up.. perhaps they are the "time-out" brand of spoiled brats and that's worse.

If your a Founder and you don't fall into this category, then you likely had great parents to raise you right. Sorry that the rest of the brats have branded you as well becuase of "guilty by association" and all.

It will be a pleasure to PvP these Brats when I get into the game!

With all due respect, you have not paid a LOT of money and had to sit in queues of 2000 for hours on end only to get dcd 10 minutes and start the same thing over again then to go to a looping cinematic.

Since you obviously haven't supported the company making this game, you have no say in anything.

Chainers
09-15-2014, 12:30 PM
I think them opening up more servers is a good thing, I just wish they would do more to alleviate the population boom on the existing servers

lleoll
09-15-2014, 12:33 PM
but now i cant go because i have 2 characters already .... plz extend to 3 chars allowed !!

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:34 PM
2,235 PEOPLE ahead of me....on Eanna.. YEAH that new server sure frigging helped! OH and what about this BS thing of if you log in within 5 min of being DC'd you get right back in...That's a damn lie. Every time we dc and log RIGHT back in (literally took me less than 2 min to get back to the character screen) and i have a queue of 2200++ damn people... TRION fix yo ♥♥♥♥. :(

Crole
09-15-2014, 12:35 PM
You think 1 will be enough? We waited a whole week for this?

Crole
09-15-2014, 12:38 PM
1 Server will actually help. I think more would be damaging the servers.
I'd rather have longer queue's now than having a dead empty server later

Kyrios is at 3k Q, we were at 2k Q and it was still a god aweful wait.

One server might bring it back down to 2k Q, which is still bad.

I'd rather trion be forced to server merge than to not have their PAYING customers play.

Nano00
09-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I think them opening up more servers is a good thing, I just wish they would do more to alleviate the population boom on the existing servers
It would help if they added the option of completely account resets to zero for people who want to move to the new server, but won't cause they have already spent credits and their pack items will not be available due to their screw ups in their delivery method.

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
These bull ♥♥♥♥ queues are making me decide against being a pay to play!!! >.<

TwilightAngel
I used to think we would need 2 servers to resolve this issue. Now I think we'll need closer to another 6 at the very least. But something is better than nothing. Thanks Scapes.

Wait till tomorrow they are most likely going to add more

HadesR
This is NOT true

Since HS ( Head start ) began it has been :

We have TWO slots unlocked, throughout the entire account (not two PER SERVER, two TOTAL)
we can then buy the remaining four slots to either use up to 4 characters on one server(and two others wherever else), or like 6 characters across 6 servers (1 per server)

Taken from http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?35059-Four-character-s-per-server!-Confirmed!/page8 ... HS ( Head start ) began 12 days after that was posted ..

So yes it is true that it's been that way since HS began :rolleyes:

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Lets see what comes first... my queue in live chat or the one in game... Any polls on what pops first? >.>

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Since HS ( Head start ) began it has been :

Taken from http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?35059-Four-character-s-per-server!-Confirmed!/page8 ... HS ( Head start ) began 12 days after that was posted ..

So yes it is true that it's been that way since HS began :rolleyes:

i have 6 characters and only bought 2 slots ;)

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
They will have to add more servers tomorrow, or there is no way all the new patrons and F2p players can get in to actually see the game. If you have not been able to play with your character.. and you have more than one. Delete it now, and start to play tomorrow evening when your slot is free again.

HadesR
09-15-2014, 12:44 PM
i have 6 characters and only bought 2 slots ;)

Maybe it has been bugged or broken or just bolloxed in general but it was supposed to be 2 free buy the rest .. So count yourself lucky :p

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:44 PM
They will have to add more servers tomorrow, or there is no way all the new patrons and F2p players can get in to actually see the game. If you have not been able to play with your character.. and you have more than one. Delete it now, and start to play tomorrow evening when your slot is free again.
AND its been stated time and time again - Delete character lose your founder pack items on said character AND you dont get another set on the next one. Soooo why take that chance?

Machini5t
09-15-2014, 12:45 PM
With all due respect, you have not paid a LOT of money and had to sit in queues of 2000 for hours on end only to get dcd 10 minutes and start the same thing over again then to go to a looping cinematic.

Since you obviously haven't supported the company making this game, you have no say in anything.

If you must know, I support Trion with my cash in RIFT.
I chose to delay my purchase of a Founder pack for AA.
Yet I do plan to support Trion with my Cash in AA as well.

If you take offense to what I said then perhaps you might take a look at yourself and wonder why your branded as a Founding pack Brat.
If you took no offense, then their is no issue for you since you know you don't fit the mold.

Your response is indicative of a child caught being bad.. you know your guilty and you lash out.

So what is your point exactly?
You are likely one that cried and cried here for new servers, then you got it and that still isn't enough for you.
When your called out in the forums.. your Brat attitude comes in to defend yourself.
I sure hope you don't still throw tantrums in real life.

As I said in other posts I do feel badly for the Founders that have to go through this and yet some of those that cried are actually entertaining.
I even posted that If I had made the purchase, then I would likely be here to look for answers as well.
The forums for me as a current non-member of AA is just for observation and for me to place my opinions and it seems I gave you yet another reason to Cry.

silversmurf
soooo...trion found a way to block those greedy landgriefers from rolling on the new server and do the same ♥♥♥♥ again.

and at the same time found a way to let those who were not greedy and/or were not able to play at all yet, because of queues, have fun and land and access to the game.

i think thats genius. thank you trion!

(but i still hope there will open more server tomorrow :))

Nano00
You think 1 will be enough? We waited a whole week for this?
1 will probably be more than enough as people will not migrate to new servers without an account reset in order to re-start there. People will just ask for refund as Trion completely screwed up on delivering what people paid cash for. I will see if I can get an account reset so I can start a fresh on the new server cause the que on the current server is just ludicrous for people paying for access. If I can't get account reset to zero I will probably ask for a refund.

XCipherX
I hope for server transfer option in the future.

MystiqueAngel
Maybe it has been bugged or broken or just bolloxed in general but it was supposed to be 2 free buy the rest .. So count yourself lucky :p

Lucky and yet unlucky >.< Never got my chests from my archeum pack >.< lol (why i'm in que with live support since Fast, Scapes or any other GM doesn't repond to private messages addressing the issues.)

Plagued
09-15-2014, 12:46 PM

No clue .. I know I didn't bother playing for the first two days of HS due to all the issues .. And just this minute managed to place my scarecrow garden right next to Gweonid lake ( few spaces still there ) on Naima server ..

Free transfers should be a mandatory thing in EVERY MMO. Rift did a really good job with this, 1 free transfer per week (per char?). Obviously in AA a server transfer is slightly more work than most other MMOs because of non-instanced lands, but that should be part of the transfer, you acknowledge that you are going to lose any land you own. Get the mats back, but that's it, you're required to find land again.

There is almost 0 work required to transfer characters from 1 server to another. You write the process, which should be a very simple data transfer from 1 database to another, and then you add a last transferred date, and if the current date >= last transferred date + 7, allow transfer button. All paid transfer systems basically use this, there is no reason any person should physically interact with ANYTHING to take a paid transfer, so charging for it is a ludicrous practice that idiot customers allowed Blizzard to get away with, and now the entire industry thinks that charging for it is perfectly acceptable.

That being said, ESPECIALLY when a game launches with too few servers, free transfers should allowed onto new servers just to spread things out. This isn't like a new server just to give new players a chance to experience the game from scratch, this is a, "omg, our current servers can't handle that many people". For AA to thrive, all servers need to have a good balance of Patrons:F2P, and with the current servers being full of Patrons, where are the F2P ppl going to go?

Nirad
09-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Demand a REFUND

Crole
09-15-2014, 12:47 PM
These bull ♥♥♥♥ queues are making me decide against being a pay to play!!! >.<

Im with ya, just seeing where the housing market is going before I make my decision.

Sarg
09-15-2014, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't be so sure new servers are coming. Remember how they took Alpha and Omega because they needed the hardware for launch ... but then launched with only the beta servers?

Alpha and Omega were obviously part of a fall-back plan. The question is how much other hardware is there? Normally you'd think an op like Trion wouldn't need to penny-pinch by taking both Alpha servers - particularly since they said they may come back as testing servers later - but that seems to be the case.

Crole
09-15-2014, 12:48 PM
$30 says the new server will have the same Q as the rest of them

Vorgor
MY night so far....queue (hour) 1-2 secs playtime then dc....queue (bout hour again) dc'ed at 98 in queue....queue again, black screen of death....queue get in relog after farming olives on alt and no cahrs in select...back to queue then back to black screen.................................

MystiqueAngel
soooo...trion found a way to block those greedy landgriefers from rolling on the new server and do the same ♥♥♥♥ again.

and at the same time found a way to let those who were not greedy and/or were not able to play at all yet, because of queues, have fun and land and access to the game.

i think thats genius. thank you trion!

(but i still hope there will open more server tomorrow :))

They didn't block anyone. We can still move to yours I even heard a few were planning on going there on their alts just to block people LOL... So yeah good luck with that... PS.. F2P can't own a house or farms ... so dont know the issues of saying "landgriefers" when F2P wont be able to add ♥♥♥♥ ;)

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Im with ya, just seeing where the housing market is going before I make my decision.

Housing... None in safe zones...Want a house or farm... Even PVP is filling up.. There was not enough Servers to balance any of it..People are fighting for places EVEN in PVP zones.

Nano00
I hope for server transfer option in the future.
I hope for account reset option now. Refund is probably the way to go as they have proven their incompetence at delivering a product that has been more or less packaged for re-sale let alone capable of doing something like an account reset option.

Crole
Housing... None in safe zones...Want a house or farm... Even PVP is filling up.. There was not enough Servers to balance any of it..People are fighting for places EVEN in PVP zones.

im talking about buying a house, I got a nice little spot in DragonTail on kyrios, thinking I might be able to sell it and raise some money to move waterfront later.

Nano00
09-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Demand a REFUND
Probably the only way things will be remedied with any expedience. Take your money away from F2P's version of EA. Scratch that EA has not managed to screw a launch this badly as far as I remember. They make capitalistic games, but they deliver them fairly competently. It takes a very special kind of company to deliver an essentially packaged good game as to make those qualities near non existent. ArcheQue Online should have been the name of this repackaged game.

XCipherX
09-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Hope for server transfer... since I think I have ended up on a NA server and I am EU.

Howitzer
09-15-2014, 12:53 PM

You knew exactly what was coming. EXACTLY. If you have never done an MMO launch before, well, you did now. This stuff happens ALL THE TIME. Trion even gave you a new server for land grab DURING headstart. I didn't expect it till tomorrow. WHY would you make multiple characters when you can't even place a house? Unless you already have one, or several. What from the shop could you possibly need to use all your credits? I rushed 2 small houses and a small scarecrow. I had the 50$ founders pack. I STILL have 1.65k credit since the only thing you NEED to buy is tax certs.

Assume there will be new servers opening tomorrow. Assume that the majority of the F2P players will NOT immediately be patrons, giving you another opportunity to land grab. There was a forum post saying you will only be allowed 2 characters without paying, after being UNABLE to place a plot, why would you make another toon? I would have deleted my second toon immediately and prep for the next land grab.

I did not play during alpha or beta, and I still got a house. In fact, I got a thatched farmhouse as well as 2 scarecrows. How you ask? When hundreds, nigh thousands, of people are posting about how they have a strategy for housing on day one, it would be a good assumption that levelling can wait. How many of you that played during alpha and beta KNEW exactly what you needed to do to place a house?

To the people who have been totally unable to place due to them not being able to log on during the first hour of head start: I feel for you. I do. If you are on tahyong I know a few spots that were still available (west). Friend me in game or PM me here, ingame is fierin. Please understand the cost of the farmhouse (which many people rushed): 3k raw stone, 1.5k iron ore, 1.5k logs. Calculate the labor cost. Please remember how many people are going to jump ship because they MAY possibly get a better location. I opted for a PvP zone as a home, and I don't mind it. Even as a newb.

This should not be a rage thread. Everyone should be happy that Trion COMPLETELY ADDED TWO SERVERS IN 2 DAYS. thats a 20% increase. Be happy, hope for the future.

Fierin out.

Nice post bud and well-said.

Fortrek
09-15-2014, 01:01 PM

Fierin out.

^
Agreed.

This community likes to cry alot...

AntuanCross
09-15-2014, 01:02 PM
They didn't block anyone. We can still move to yours I even heard a few were planning on going there on their alts just to block people LOL... So yeah good luck with that... PS.. F2P can't own a house or farms ... so dont know the issues of saying "landgriefers" when F2P wont be able to add ♥♥♥♥ ;)

There will be patrons coming in with the F2P crowd you know..

Fortrek
09-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Hope for server transfer... since I think I have ended up on a NA server and I am EU.

Somes deservers what they got.. Even the client is different for NA/EU, how could you miss that?

Fantasm
09-15-2014, 01:03 PM

I would be happy to help anyone of West Tahyong, excluding the ONE guild we are at war with. Please PM me on forums, add me in game (fierin). I am a newb just like everyone else, but that won't stop me from having fun with you guys.

Make friends with someone else with a house. Join a guild. There are so many ways to enjoy the game. You already spent money on it, you already spent your time. Please know that it will get better, land will become open. In the mean time, give the first 2 M's of MMO your full attention. We should (mostly) all be friends here, and I'll be waiting for everyone on the other side of the queue.

ScopeDown
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Will there actually be new servers tomorrow? Or just the current 7?
I would think after going through the Gates of Queue for 4 days we could at least deserve that little bit of information. For the players that spent 70% of their Headstart in Queue and not being able to play.

Nano00
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Hahah yeah guy needs to get his rose colored glasses off. Just cause he/she got what he/she wanted I assume that includes que times that for some mean their entire play time available is spent mostly in que. Yeah only unless they reset accounts for people to re-start a new on the new servers the congestion on the old/current servers will stay as is or people will demand for refunds as they should.

Ziko
09-15-2014, 01:07 PM
If you must know, I support Trion with my cash in RIFT.
I chose to delay my purchase of a Founder pack for AA.
Yet I do plan to support Trion with my Cash in AA as well.

If you take offense to what I said then perhaps you might take a look at yourself and wonder why your branded as a Founding pack Brat.
If you took no offense, then their is no issue for you since you know you don't fit the mold.

Your response is indicative of a child caught being bad.. you know your guilty and you lash out.

So what is your point exactly?
You are likely one that cried and cried here for new servers, then you got it and that still isn't enough for you.
When your called out in the forums.. your Brat attitude comes in to defend yourself.
I sure hope you don't still throw tantrums in real life.

As I said in other posts I do feel badly for the Founders that have to go through this and yet some of those that cried are actually entertaining.
I even posted that If I had made the purchase, then I would likely be here to look for answers as well.
The forums for me as a current non-member of AA is just for observation and for me to place my opinions and it seems I gave you yet another reason to Cry.

Nice speech but he does have a point,you haven't supported AA yet so really it has ♥♥♥♥ all to do with you.

Fantasm
09-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Hahah yeah guy needs to get his rose colored glasses off. Just cause he/she got what he/she wanted I assume that includes que times that for some mean their entire play time available is spent mostly in que. Yeah only unless they reset accounts for people to re-start a new on the new servers the congestion on the old/current servers will stay as is or people will demand for refunds as they should.

You are absolutely right. I got my 50$ founders pack, I called in sick to work to RUSH my house. I also have my wife sitting at my computer hitting spacebar so I don't log out (as I know about the queues).

Turn down the settings of the game if you are getting constantly DC'd. I have the highest spec'd computer of my guild, and have the least issues. It seriously is that simple.

Direct connect your computer instead of using wifi. Don't put a microwave (or wireless phone) between your router and your computer. Don't play on your notebook laptop. That will fix your disconnection issues.

As for the queue. I have said I have done an MMO release before. I've seen 19 hour queues. I have had constant disconnects for a week into the game (mostly indie games, tbh). This is NOT THAT BAD. Too much hate on a company that is working hard to make everyone happy. Go play Hello Kitty online if you are having problems.

-EDIT2: Queue times can be painful, but why not chat with your guild? Go outside and play... do a little cleaning. Get a job perhaps?

-EDIT: I have already said I am more than happy to help anyone. If you need a bit of supplies for a quest, if you need a few plants planted... whatever. Want to quest together? Need a mentor for SM? Need a ride on our ship? I wait for you on the other side of the queue. Add fierin (US TAHYLONG WEST), or PM me here

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:12 PM
So far its a neck in neck race for the finish for my queues.... 62 for live chat (approx 14 min) and NOW 860 (from 2235) for game approx 37 min... Who will win who will win...

HadesR
09-15-2014, 01:14 PM
So far its a neck in neck race for the finish for my queues.... 62 for live chat (approx 14 min) and NOW 860 (from 2235) for game approx 37 min... Who will win who will win...

Game will DC and Live chat will become engaged .... :)

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Game will DC and Live chat will become engaged .... :)

LOL IKR? >.< AT this point if the game gets me in before Live...I'm going to be shocked

I stared Live 5 min before i DC'd... an hour ago... LOL

ScopeDown
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM

That's cause people are at work and in-class. Will go up in an hour or two.

Ziko
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
You are absolutely right. I got my 50$ founders pack, I called in sick to work to RUSH my house. I also have my wife sitting at my computer hitting spacebar so I don't log out (as I know about the queues).

Turn down the settings of the game if you are getting constantly DC'd. I have the highest spec'd computer of my guild, and have the least issues. It seriously is that simple.

Direct connect your computer instead of using wifi. Don't put a microwave (or wireless phone) between your router and your computer. Don't play on your notebook laptop. That will fix your disconnection issues.

As for the queue. I have said I have done an MMO release before. I've seen 19 hour queues. I have had constant disconnects for a week into the game (mostly indie games, tbh). This is NOT THAT BAD. Too much hate on a company that is working hard to make everyone happy. Go play Hello Kitty online if you are having problems.
there you go..all you people with microwaves and wireless phones throw them out and don't use your fibre connection to use your notebook or laptop..bingo no more disconnections..i wonder why trion didn't just tell us this from the start.

Lingwon
09-15-2014, 01:17 PM

Please revise your decision ASAP. The FTP crowd in NA alone will far exceed 5000 players. One server will not be enough and grossly underestimating this situation.

There is 2 options;

With 1 server for each region decided, add 1-2 more. Even then, the intial client boot time would be horrible.

Which brings me to point 2. Your team of XL game and Trion engineers have to produce miracles by improving log-in server efficiency, then please report their progress. Tell them to aim for 250% reduction in log in times. Anything less and we'll be see another repeat of "black" friday.

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:18 PM
EU Server...Quarter past 9... SO no they're not all at work or in class ;) you think i'd play with americans? Pfft.. I'm american and dont want to play on an NA server. AND as for the queue on Live..IF people are at work/class only those in the central/eastern portion of the states are off/out of class ^_^ Should pretty much be just about how it is in 1 to 2 hours ;)

Zeider
09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
A new server will not help the current situation.
Solving the problems of the queue is already a breakthrough.

Until when will queue two hours in Kyrios server? We would like an answer about it.

miracle
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I've got only 4 characters on Kyrios. Why can't I select any other server? The Connect button is grayed out. Anyone else have that issue?

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:23 PM
I've got only 4 characters on Kyrios. Why can't I select any other server? The Connect button is grayed out. Anyone else have that issue?

You have to buy 2 more slots.

miracle
09-15-2014, 01:26 PM

Wait what? I thought it was 2 characters across all servers and 6 max.

Only thing you had to purchase was more than 2 on one server?

http://i.imgur.com/lgGk3za.jpg?1

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Wait what? I thought it was 2 characters across all servers and 6 max.

Only thing you had to purchase was more than 2 on one server?

http://i.imgur.com/lgGk3za.jpg?1

hell if we know.. They messed it ALL up.. I have 4 on Eanna and 2 on an NA one >.> LOL

miracle
09-15-2014, 01:28 PM

Nevermind... just read the text below again. Wow ok.

silversmurf
09-15-2014, 01:30 PM

mine? it isnt my server. i am a founder. and i am on dahuta

but nice try ;)

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:31 PM
EITHER way it doesn't matter they aren't blocking anyone :P.

silversmurf
09-15-2014, 01:34 PM
EITHER way it doesn't matter they aren't blocking anyone :P.

yep. not actively and not permanently. but for now. for the next day. so others have a chance too before the griefers jump in ;)

MystiqueAngel
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Um no? Not everyone has made their max characters, Several have the ability to go there if they chose (WHICH would be nice to even out the servers) and i know many who are going to just to be dicks... BUT there is no "Blocking" at all now...or tomorrow :P

Nano00
09-15-2014, 01:38 PM

-EDIT: I have already said I am more than happy to help anyone. If you need a bit of supplies for a quest, if you need a few plants planted... whatever. Want to quest together? Need a mentor for SM? Need a ride on our ship? I wait for you on the other side of the queue. Add fierin (US TAHYLONG WEST), or PM me here
Look let me put it simply it has nothing to do with whether or not I have land for the profession I wanted or have my wife hitting space-bar to avoid auto-kick afk. It has to do with the simple fact that the congestion and load on all the servers was fairly predictable and they should have planned for it accordingly. There should not be hours long ques on ANY server for any patron period. Que times should at most be an issue of traffic management and be 5-15 minutes long at most had they properly planned to deliver the game. I was in CB and OB there were no server ques. Probably a little warning about the extra features like hours long ques would have been warranted and they not be getting the well deserved flak they are getting for being incompetent at delivering a re-packaged game they managed to screw on the delivery. They need to allow for individual account resets in order for people to seriously consider moving to another server or demand a refund failing to provide that option. People did not screw up the launch Trion did it all on its own and it deserves every little bit of crap it gets for it.

silversmurf
09-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Um no? Not everyone has made their max characters, Several have the ability to go there if they chose (WHICH would be nice to even out the servers) and i know many who are going to just to be dicks... BUT there is no "Blocking" at all now...or tomorrow :P

whatever you say :)

Chainers
09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
None of this changes the fact that today's players are just part of the player base. There will be those who chose to pay for patron status without buying the head start. These queues suck ♥♥♥.

Nano00
09-15-2014, 01:43 PM
True not everyone has made max characters and people should be given the option of resetting accounts to start a new on the new server because their patron items/benefits are gonna go to waste on their old characters on the server they left. The screw up was on Trion's side not the players.

Grande
09-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Please add more servers. If F2P players start play... it will be a nightmare. :(

Srogy
09-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I think this is the best possible outcome for me as a future f2p player:). I ll join on some new server, where i wont be bullied by rich kids who bought founder pack and have 30 lvl more killing me over and over telling i am noob. Let the founders handle their ♥♥♥♥ on their own servers, i can now see how crappy and greedy community founders are. I bet f2p players will be much better companions. Cy igame :)

Chainers
09-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Except the new server is already full. Go back to being poor.

If they do it again people will probably just pay for a character transfer.

Srogy
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Except the new server is already full. Go back to being poor.

If they do it again people will probably just pay for a character transfer.

I am pretty sure there will be new servers. I never stopped being poor, so i cant go back to be poor. And last one, i am happy i will avoid people like you. :)

Wolfhammer
09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing all the people QQ'ing are those greedy bastards that put placeholders down on a ♥♥♥♥ ton of land to sell on instead of claiming what they were gonna actually use. Now a new server opens and those that cant place are moving and taking their money with them, leaving the greedbear's getting slaughtered by taxes..

♥♥♥♥ing love it....

Carry on :)

vagrant
09-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Please revise your decision ASAP. The FTP crowd in NA alone will far exceed 5000 players. One server will not be enough and grossly underestimating this situation.

did it ever occur to you that trion doesn't really want people playing for free? free to play is a marketing tactic to convert non-players into subscribers. at the moment trion has 7 servers PACKED with subscribers and might just be happy with that revenue vs. overhead ratio.

vagrant
09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm guessing all the people QQ'ing are those greedy bastards that put placeholders down on a ♥♥♥♥ ton of land to sell on instead of claiming what they were gonna actually use. Now a new server opens and those that cant place are moving and taking their money with them, leaving the greedbear's getting slaughtered by taxes..

♥♥♥♥ing love it....

Carry on :)

actually, i just placed 3 16x16 houses in lutesong on inoch. those will be the ones for sale. the ones on my home server i use. so, INYOURFACE!

FrostYMug
09-15-2014, 02:29 PM
This whole release has been nothing but a joke. Money grab and then they could care a less about those that have supported the game. What a joke.