View Full Version : Grace Period Added to Server Queue System

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Leelium
09-20-2014, 11:16 AM
please add to the server queue as well, as we get disconnected whilst on queue:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?58529-Grace-period-for-the-queue

xaiyx
09-20-2014, 11:27 AM
grace period doesnt works for me since the maintance today.

was ingame got the great message "the gods ...." and after restarting AA - i joined the Q again ~~

trying to restart the game 3 times , restarted the Glyph launcher but doesnt effect anything.

still in Q @ 1.2k

Jaorin
09-20-2014, 11:37 AM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

KallSu
09-20-2014, 11:40 AM
This is NOT true I just been disconnected and now I am back in queue with 1359 players in front of me and I am even a patron.....
And by the way from 750 with 3 hours of waiting......

So again another day which I cannot play !!!!

Miaaatch
09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Fix your ♥♥♥♥!
By that, I mean, I've been trying really hard to be patient with the 3-5 hour plus queues, I understand that there is a balance between servers being populated enough and later not being able to merge low pop servers but jesus christ I'm tired of waiting in queue only to be disconnected as soon as i reach the top of said queue! Grace period is great and all when your goddamned game loads properly but I have inconsistent bouts of my splashscreen taking 20+ minutes to load into the game in the first place. and now today i got it to load in a couple minutes after crashing out at the top of a 3 hour queue on Saturday morning and here we go! another 4 hour queue awaits.. dude.. I, like most of the other people in the forum paid more money for this game than I have paid into any other game, ever. I work full time and have a family so when I can play I want to be in the game, head start was enough of a joke, now a week later i still cant play for a few hours on Saturday? I know nothing about how servers work or the calculations of how many people will be using the servers after however many days so there isn't much constructive feedback I can give, sorry. Thus I really haven't posted a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥y rants but this is just the view of many of your customers. Honestly this game is amazing so I'm still gonna play it, but I hope you guys don't just know that and say to yourselves "they aren't going anywhere so let's ride it out". Just fix the ♥♥♥♥ man, please.

Compass
09-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Adventurers,

An important features that our Founders have been requesting

This change is independent of the network preparations (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?45648) underway right now.

Let me just...
Kinda sad, don't you think, I get that you have to treat your loyal customers well and all, and perhaps prioritize them, but basically, what you're saying here..is that we, as F2P players, aren't important? We, as F2P players, don't have a say in helping improve the game? Might aswell have founders say to add 5 more servers, you'll probably do it right away, which is another thing, why are there only 2 N/A servers added? Honestly, I refuse to believe ANY theories on the reason as to why this is the case, just saying..Also, EU is just as bad as N/A (was). No hard feelings, just bugged about this.

Alemethia
09-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Out of curiosity are you guys going to focusing on fixing the que system? Considering we are almost a week in and there are still que issues even for most patrons a 10 hour que is ridiculous.

Escorian
09-20-2014, 12:52 PM
The queue seems to be getting worse and worse every day. it is taking an hour just to get 45 people off the queue ahead of me. I don't know if it is people staying on so they dont have to deal with this or if it is just because I am a f2p and not patron and the patrons are jumping ahead of me but this is just bad guys....

Oledirty
09-20-2014, 01:29 PM
http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/a5NZ8Qo_700b.jpg

BamAracheage
09-20-2014, 02:11 PM
A buddy of mine just got d/c due to extended AFK, while we both agree this should happen. He came right back after d/c and sat in a queue starting at position 2208.

Is there a distinction between afk out, and glyph or game crashes where one sits in a queue and the others may not?

Khaazz
09-20-2014, 02:12 PM
1pm - lets play archage
10pm - still in queue cuz Disconect from queue all the time. no grace period .. c'on..

MadCat
09-20-2014, 02:13 PM
The queue seems to be getting worse and worse every day. it is taking an hour just to get 45 people off the queue ahead of me. I don't know if it is people staying on so they dont have to deal with this or if it is just because I am a f2p and not patron and the patrons are jumping ahead of me but this is just bad guys....

Nah I am a patron and my patron Status seems to work, yet the same is for me.

I was on 10 min ago, got a dc to log back my grace period did nto seem to work, so I am in the que again..

Zercon
09-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Adventurers,

An important features that our Founders have been requesting and we mentioned was coming has now arrived: a grace period is being added to our server queuing system. When a player is disconnected from the game for any reason, if they log back in within a few minutes they will be able to skip the server queue entirely. In order to implement this system, the queue will now appear on the server selection screen instead of the character selection screen and will allow for players to change servers after evaluating the queue length.

This change is independent of the network preparations (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?45648) underway right now.

now if you have a character on a server you can not make a new character even though you can only play 1 character on an account at a time ... and they sale character slots in the market place but you can not use them and they said over and over you can have up to 4 characters on one server..... everybody at trion has the brain of a dead baby goose

Bahz
09-20-2014, 02:19 PM
My grace period did not work after a DC / kicked by god.

MadCat
09-20-2014, 02:24 PM
314 people in Queue >1 to go... how ridicules is this? poor people at 2000 3000, they might as well come back in 2 days

MethoX
09-20-2014, 02:30 PM
grace period should hold for about 30 minutes not 3-5 minutes... got dced after long long queue when got to number 1 in queue it said connecting... after 2 minutes dc,didint even created character lol... two days attempting to conect and with no luck at all.. take some actions devs... now conected back on game after about 10 minutes cause of two restarts of pc and here we go again.. queue, how nice...

Khaazz
09-20-2014, 02:36 PM
grace period should hold for about 30 minutes not 3-5 minutes... got dced after long long queue when got to number 1 in queue it said connecting... after 2 minutes dc,didint even created character lol... two days attempting to conect and with no luck at all.. take some actions devs... now conected back on game after about 10 minutes cause of two restarts of pc and here we go again.. queue, how nice...
30min are u insane? 5min is fine. however its not even 10seconds

Edlionheart
09-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Hello,

I don't wanna open a new thread to ask it.
I have only one char created on server. I would like to move it to Ezi, since it seems the one with less queue time for me. Is it possible for non patron player?

Thank you.

jberidon
09-20-2014, 03:09 PM
please add grace period to the queue ...

Vedrix
09-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Game just CTDed and no grace period 1 minute later, 2600 in line.

Octavain
09-20-2014, 03:31 PM
ok so I started queuing at 1 pm here it is nearly 7 pm and I cant even get on and I work at 10 pm this I sad people get your crap fixed I aint putting money into a game where I spend more time trying to get in then I get to play!!!!

Oledirty
09-20-2014, 04:35 PM
http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/a5NZ8Qo_700b.jpg

KyriosDarkPhoenix
09-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Got sick of game crashing so i went to try to update driver. Note this the only game I ever seen crashing on. it failed took me like 10 min to get it installed properly now im screwed and in queue again. 2nd damn time today will easily be 4hours. I spend more time in queue then playing. Trion you are a terrible host. No reason we cant have 30min grace at the very least or another 6 servers to remove queue. I will never buy anything from you guys again. And I refuse to renew Patron next month.

BeefPorkChicken
09-20-2014, 05:48 PM
This grace queue thing does not work.

Dalla
09-20-2014, 06:04 PM
I wonder if they will solve the problem of INOCH server because it was just released and the queue ta very high game.https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1218x685q90/908/QppLlc.jpg

Nimarhie
09-20-2014, 06:09 PM
The afk timer is greatest thing ever. I had to go do something almost right after I finally got in game (sat in line for 2.5 hours). I figured I would auto-run on my donkey to level it up, since I was expecting to come back in a few minutes... I came back 45 minutes later and was at the back of a 2001 line and been setting in it for the last 30 minutes.

Keep up the good work Trion, you'll be down to two servers in no time!

Padryk
09-20-2014, 07:09 PM
What about queue boot grace period??? I've been waiting 6 hours and all my progress keeps going down the drain because I get booted from queue....

Satsuki
09-20-2014, 07:51 PM
So far today I have been in the que for nearly 12 hours.

I've been dc'd twice while in the que, reaching position 400 twice, tried to log back in and no grace period was given (I think there should be one added for the que).

Finally get in the game at 9:20, starting crafting, go to grab something to eat, get kicked, and back to 2200 in the que.

There is no excuse for a company like TRION to put its customers through something like this.

A legit fix needs to be implemented soon, I don't want to see this game lose popularity due to this.

Wyra
09-20-2014, 09:08 PM
As with what others said, please implement a grace period WHILE in queue.

I've got 2 cases now where after waiting for a 1500+ queue, when it was about to go to character select suddenly "The gods have disconnected you".

Now waiting again in queue @1406 :(

Deathfromace
09-20-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm 424 in the Naima queue and I got in the queue about 12 hours ago >.>

Edlionheart
09-20-2014, 09:40 PM
This is NOT true I just been disconnected and now I am back in queue with 1359 players in front of me and I am even a patron.....
And by the way from 750 with 3 hours of waiting......
So again another day which I cannot play !!!!

Weird, I am a f2p and my game crashed 2 times today. The grace time worked on both times.

Edlionheart
09-20-2014, 09:43 PM
This grace queue thing does not work.

It does. Every time my game dc or crashes, I don't need to queue.

Zercon
09-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Let’s talk about how smart the people from Trion really are…..
Trion cannot add here is want they did for beta, they took 2 alpha servers plus 50,000 new players and open closed beta event1 with one server it crashed within 20 min. and they added one more. From this point they kept adding servers to beta…. That was beta so it really was no big deal, all the players thought that Trion would learn from all of this, but did they…. Hell no….. Trion said they was going to release only 6 servers when over 100,000 post / replies told them they will need more then 6. If any one of us screwed up as bad as this on our job we would be fired and replaced…. So now, not even a week into the game we are up to 10 servers and have Q times from 2 hours to 18hours, trion puts restrictions on the servers and 5 million now players does not know that that is so they pick a server there friends are no just to set in Q for 10 hours to find out they cannot create a character at all, so now they have to do all of this again…. And Trion said over and over they you can have up to 4 characters on 1 server , but how are you going to do this if you cannot make a character… so now not only is everybody at Trion dumb, they are liars too… if there was a smart person at Trion they would have locked all players out of the servers if the player did not have a character on that server but we can see if there was anyone at Trion with a little bit of brains, they lost it when they went to the bathroom and took a dump…. You can only play 1 character at a time, so locking all the races from the players that is already on that server hurts the players there they cannot run with they’re friends…
There is a lot of players that got their money back and more everyday (not me, I’m trying to hang in there). Even though I thought Trion did a good job with rift, they screwed up the launch of this game so bad it will be remembered as the worst launch ever and this will be the last game I try with Trion name on it….

Stebetojas
09-21-2014, 01:53 AM
they dont know that archeage will be popular more then rift , i know that it will be becouse new graphic , new game system, always was something interesting , and there are more games like blade and soul , bless , black desert and more good mmo

nersofp
09-21-2014, 02:49 AM
8 more servers would be ideal, but they should and they are working to reslve it, or they think and they do not expect it to be reflected both, placed second server in less than 10 minutes had already queue, that will work too of all right GOD bless you all

Vampyressa
09-21-2014, 02:52 AM
Grace period didn't work for me, went from under 1k in to queue to nearly 3k. I'm really approaching the end of my wits here.

ShepardG
09-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Let’s talk about how smart the people from Trion really are…..
Trion cannot add here is want they did for beta, they took 2 alpha servers plus 50,000 new players and open closed beta event1 with one server it crashed within 20 min. and they added one more. From this point they kept adding servers to beta…. That was beta so it really was no big deal, all the players thought that Trion would learn from all of this, but did they…. Hell no….. Trion said they was going to release only 6 servers when over 100,000 post / replies told them they will need more then 6. If any one of us screwed up as bad as this on our job we would be fired and replaced…. So now, not even a week into the game we are up to 10 servers and have Q times from 2 hours to 18hours, trion puts restrictions on the servers and 5 million now players does not know that that is so they pick a server there friends are no just to set in Q for 10 hours to find out they cannot create a character at all, so now they have to do all of this again…. And Trion said over and over they you can have up to 4 characters on 1 server , but how are you going to do this if you cannot make a character… so now not only is everybody at Trion dumb, they are liars too… if there was a smart person at Trion they would have locked all players out of the servers if the player did not have a character on that server but we can see if there was anyone at Trion with a little bit of brains, they lost it when they went to the bathroom and took a dump…. You can only play 1 character at a time, so locking all the races from the players that is already on that server hurts the players there they cannot run with they’re friends…
There is a lot of players that got their money back and more everyday (not me, I’m trying to hang in there). Even though I thought Trion did a good job with rift, they screwed up the launch of this game so bad it will be remembered as the worst launch ever and this will be the last game I try with Trion name on it….

"remembered as the worst launch ever"
I laugh out loud at this...
FFXIV 1.0 has this beat BY MILES... litterly this launch does not even compare to the crap that SE (Tanaka san) tried to push off on it's fan base.
FFXIV 2.0 Much better, but launch was still garbage for 2 weeks before it was stable/fixed (and there have been no stability issues to my knowledge, just lack of foresight from the publisher (trion))
Wildstar, didn't play the first month, but from what i hear it was bad, someone with some insight should compare it.

No buddy, this launch has been fairly good, hell, the que system works, it's just not fast. You, sir, are just clearly upset. So much so that your grammar must have been forgotten, and yes i understand "English" is probably not your first language, but give it a little bit of effort :(

ShepardG
09-21-2014, 02:59 AM
Grace period didn't work for me, went from under 1k in to queue to nearly 3k. I'm really approaching the end of my wits here.

You don't get a grace period for the que, you get it for being logged into the game, so if you D/C in que, you move to the back of the line, sucks but that's sorta how real life goes. Forget your wallet at home? They don't hold your spot in line at the grocery store till you get back ... :/

MaloHp
09-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Doesn't work for me ... was in the game, got disc and then had to wait queque .... glad i did not payed a penny before i tried it.

Qor
09-21-2014, 03:23 AM
same for me , afk 5 minutes, got disconnected on server list, 1600 players in the queue, gg trion, almost time to go to work, wish i had no job to be able to play rofl

Sent
09-21-2014, 03:26 AM
Doesn't work.

The useless trojan Hackshield that does absolutely nothing to stop macros, bots, and teleporters just took down my client and logging in put me back 1000 spots inque.

Vampyressa
09-21-2014, 03:32 AM
You don't get a grace period for the que, you get it for being logged into the game, so if you D/C in que, you move to the back of the line, sucks but that's sorta how real life goes. Forget your wallet at home? They don't hold your spot in line at the grocery store till you get back ... :/

Ahh I thought he said it had been added. Just lost connection and went back from nearly 2k to 3k :(

khiri
09-21-2014, 03:42 AM
hi
i will explain my desesperate experience...is pretty impossible to enter in the european servers...we must wait during two or three hours; american servers have the same problem?
i suppose that you are working in this serious problem but..Do you have a estimation to solved this problem?
i like so much this game:)

Trypticon
09-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Forget your wallet at home? They don't hold your spot in line at the grocery store till you get back ... :/

...except I didn't forget my wallet at home. The cashier just came and pushed me out of line on their way to take a ♥♥♥♥ break. I shouldn't have to go back to the end of the line just because Trion powers its servers with food from Taco Bell. Get your ♥♥♥♥ together (literally and figuratively), Trion. Save our queue position so we don't have to spend 10+ hours queuing over and over again.

Aurii
09-21-2014, 08:04 AM
it has been working for me this last few days.

jul28lol
09-21-2014, 08:10 AM
that's three days where everyday I spend 12h in the queue :(

samst
09-21-2014, 08:10 AM
This will be the second day i wont be able to play the game (only playing with a friend), and yesterday he got booted from queue after 5-6 hours in queue and then getting booted and pushed back in queue, and today it was my turn, 5 hour queue and booted to the end of a 4900 line. New servers won't be enough, not without free server transfers.

spondodge
09-21-2014, 09:42 AM
yeah happened to me today, was 370 in queue and internet link went down for a minute or two, relaunched and relogged in and i was 3000+ in queue. 7 hours all tolled today waiting in queues. Sux

Thia
09-21-2014, 10:11 AM
yeah happened to me today, was 370 in queue and internet link went down for a minute or two, relaunched and relogged in and i was 3000+ in queue. 7 hours all tolled today waiting in queues. Sux
Yes it's a big problem. Even more important : you are disconnected to the queue and nothing inform you. You see simply that the number doesn't decrease during 10 or 15 mn. Rang in queue lost of course. Two times yesterday. I launched the queue at 12:30 PM. Lost two times. At 0:30 AM stay 212 before me. I couldn't play

iXec
09-21-2014, 10:21 AM
How about a grace period for when you disconnect while already in queue so you dont have to start at the back of the queue again?

Bad_Cerez
09-21-2014, 10:25 AM
thanks, but throughout the week I can not fault logging for the queue, then as we?
I spent 150 EURO (Archeum pack) to be teased?

THANK!

Diaktis
09-21-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm so happy I'm Trying to play since 11h (GMT+2) this morning
Disconnected twice i don't think i'll be able to play today
gg trion i want to be vulgar thank you very much

and of course i paid for this crap

Rosamar
09-21-2014, 10:40 AM
I hope the server issue is sorted soon because I think I've spent more time queuing since Head Start than actually playing Archeage. I logged on server queue at 2 p.m. (UK) today with 2500 ahead of me. I'm still sitting in the queue but with only 385 in front of me at 6.40 p.m. That's roughly 4.5 hours to process 2,000 players. Yesterday I had to queue for over 5 hours - and yes, I have Patron status - bought the Gold founder's pack during end beta.

And when I do get to play - the LAG and jerky game play is awful (especially in cities and dungeons). I've had more lag deaths past 2 days than I ever had during beta.

Roland78
09-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Queue on orchidna place 4487 , its funny i can play 1 h and must wait 8 hour to can join the game , ... what are Trion doing versus the Goldseller , when i look into the global chat i only see , goldseller ., goldseller

Spyrit
09-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Are you going to fix the dcing while in the queue problem twice dced in the queue in less than an hour back at last in line at 1k people this is insane.

Mytah
09-21-2014, 10:55 AM
How about a grace period for when you disconnect while already in queue so you dont have to start at the back of the queue again?
YES YES YES! damnit!

Novellus
09-21-2014, 11:00 AM
The grace period isn't working for me and I am still waiting to play for the first time since it's always packed and when I finally do get in it locks up and crashes. It would be nice if I could at least ALT+TAB while in que but I am stuck watching the game screen (or can I change that).

Hatchet
09-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Gonna do anything about the Q just stopping?

Briarose
09-21-2014, 12:14 PM
You guys have under estimated the amount of people who want to play and how many servers you are going to need. Seriously under estimated it! I just want to point out that a crappy lil game like runescape has over 100 servers and you have 11? All my friends said check this out and now that I have seen what a wonderful game this is and how huge AND so much to do, I have to tell you to GET IT TOGETHER guys. You will lose a lot money if you do not act quickly. Millions want to pay and play. If they can't get in, they will move on. Please add 100's more severs, fix the queue issues. 1 more suggestion, since I do believe you will create more servers, you need to allow a grace period to be able to move the character (F2P or Patron) that you have created to be moved to a new server then cap a server, no queue no restrictions just play ;)

Headslinger
09-21-2014, 12:47 PM
So the grace period this thread talks about was removed today. No longer if your out 10 minutes can you get back in with no queue. And they added a 1 minute insertion rate to the queue(every 1 minute a person is allowed into the game). And to top it off they will kick players from the game, to clean out the queue.And they added the intro movie back that you can't esc from. Nice job trion. Used to take an hour to get in with 3000 in queue now takes over an hour at 70. Patron status means nothing now. Now not only have you pissed off the F2P vulchers, but your actual paying customers as well. Man talk about PPM(piss poor management).:mad:

P.S. Only way the queue speeds up , is if people lag out or log off.

Orean
09-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Welll....grace period eh?
That worked, NOT...5 hrs later

Ocho
09-21-2014, 12:51 PM
So the grace period this thread talks about was removed today. No longer if your out 10 minutes can you get back in with no queue. And they added a 1 minute insertion rate to the queue(every 1 minute a person is allowed into the game). And to top it off they will kick players from the game, to clean out the queue.And they added the intro movie back that you can't esc from. Nice job trion. Used to take an hour to get in with 3000 in queue now takes over an hour at 70. Patron status means nothing now. Now not only have you pissed off the F2P vulchers, but your actual paying customers as well. Man talk about PPM(piss poor management).:mad:

The grace period was not been removed. It still functions normally. Are you sure you made it back in under 10 minutes?

Qwikk
09-21-2014, 12:54 PM
I can guarantee that I got back within about 2 minutes and am now looking at over an hour queue

Odious
09-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Seeing how your currently ♥♥♥♥ing with the system and just dumped almost every player across all the servers.. Why not add the que protection to the que. Youve dumped the connect 3 times in the last 20min.. I sat in que this morning and just as I hit the 100 person mark all the servers got dumped.. Server has lost connection 3 times now as stated and each time I fall further and further back. 200-1400-1889

Rubyka
09-21-2014, 01:26 PM
The grace period was not been removed. It still functions normally. Are you sure you made it back in under 10 minutes?

Personally, I logged back in within five minutes (after two "Verify Username & Password" errors). I was immediately in a 500+ person queue. With less than 200 people to go, I received "The gods have disconnected you". I requeued again (after two more "Verify Username & Password" errors) and was in queue with 967 people ahead of me.

Tatiana
09-21-2014, 01:27 PM

Uhm, It doesn't function normally. LOL Like, it really doesn't. I've been dc'd from the queue, loaded back in within 2 minutes and been thrown to the back of the queue. It's happened a number of times.

Tanyeka
09-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Just got dc while carrying pack & logged in with in 10 mins after many attempts but I am in a queue of over an hour.

Zarwyn
The grace period failed with me when your servers burped. Not cool. Now after sitting in a queue for hours I'm back in queue and its moving at the slowest pace I've seen yet. This isn't funny Trion.

Kynishia
I've played many Mmo's over the years. And I'd have to say Trion, you couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, or get layed in a ♥♥♥♥♥ house with a fist full of fifty dollar notes.:rolleyes:

Today I sit here from Naima, unable to return within the grace time. back in to a queue of 675 > One hour which equates to in real wait time 2 hrs. it was only yesterday I waited 2 1/2 hours in your one hour queue. You put more server online and still leave us with the DC and *F* *BS*. We invested One Hundred and Fifty Dollars into this game. And we've recieved *F* all in return.
Except excuses for your own inability to put the hardware in place to handle user loading, ( This shouldn't have been hard Trion.. Its called look at your sales figures.. DUH ) Then you ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ your way out of it all with " Oh its because we're being DDOSed " . You don't seem to have fixed anything since the head start.

NO real Compensation for all this ♥♥♥♥. (extra days on our account) < *F* You Trion for the insult :mad:, bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥ heads. Double everything we all received in our partrons packages at head start, might go a long way to healing us all. :cool:

I'll play my Patrons Status out, if its not fixed and playing the way it should be. I'll gladly go play Bless Online (http://bless-source.com/) when it gets to the west. Maybe they will know how to, do what Trion is unable too.

Khaghabal
09-21-2014, 01:31 PM
I made it all the way through the queue today, got to char select and tried to log in. Disconnected by the gods. Made it past the auth server issues in <5 mins and was dumped at the back of the queue again.

KirMel
09-21-2014, 01:31 PM
At least it helps.. sort of...

Cirth
09-21-2014, 01:33 PM

This doesn't work if you keep getting d/ced, the cinematic loop, plus login failures. It happened to me I was on a trade run with my cart full now I'm gonna need to go back replant and redo my all trade run since more than likely my trade packs on the cart are long gone. Thx Trion!

DraxxTheSupreme
09-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Uhm, It doesn't function normally. LOL Like, it really doesn't. I've been dc'd from the queue, loaded back in within 2 minutes and been thrown to the back of the queue. It's happened a number of times.

As have I...although this morning I joined one of the newer servers which was not queued and exited back out to join my regular server and managed to skip the queuing...tried to reproduce but alas it doesn't work anymore

AnormaL
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
If what you saying is happening, I think that's because servers are going down for another update. Still a problem tho, more queue.

redneck
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
This hasn't worked for me. I have managed to get in game only twice since launch and both times got DC'ed and right back into the queue i went. Going to have to quit current guild and roll on another server or just not play this game.

Dragonskull
09-21-2014, 01:38 PM
The grace period only gets in charge, if you have really been into the game. Being in queue or in char select window doesn't count for that grace time! Being DCed in one of these 2 means really bad luck and queueing anew. At least this is what I have experienced so far!

Demiskus
09-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Also confirming, grace period not functioning as advertised. D/Ced then immediately tried to get back in and looking at several hours of queue...

Ravine
09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Well your grace period needs work. Today I spent about an hour in queue, only to crash while in queue. This was somewhat beneficial as I was, after 10min of reloading, able to get in without a queue. After playing for 45min the gods decided to disconnect me and rather than being able to reconnect I was placed back into a queue. This time rather than having 1500 people in front of me there was only 250 or so, however with only 1 person being introduced into the game every 5 minutes its still listing my estimated time at over an hour.

Please add more servers or beef up the current servers. 2 hour wait times is absurd and to be kicked from game only to yourself back in another queue is doubley so.

Nimbukie
09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Also confirming, grace period not functioning as advertised. D/Ced then immediately tried to get back in and looking at several hours of queue...

This just happened to me as well :(

Konopi
09-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Now Im waiting more than 12 hours... its not normal :-@

Reznal
09-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Its true, the grace period is now buggy as and servers have just become more unstable o.o lol

DraxxTheSupreme
09-21-2014, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcv8ektD3Lo

DeekuLime
09-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Two hours... that is about the amount of time I was able to play before having to make my son a bottle and getting kicked for being AFK and having NO GRACE PERIOD...

Zekavin
09-21-2014, 02:29 PM
I always dreamed of such a feature especially that wecan crash anytime for any reasons. Good job !

DeekuLime
09-21-2014, 02:30 PM
After seeing some comments on Facebook here is a conundrum... We are essentially being forced to sit and watch the queue for hours on end, because if we leave our computers during the several hours queue and miss the moment we get logged in, we will be kicked for being AFK.

Phienyx
09-21-2014, 03:16 PM
No queue preferences for Founders or Patron members?

Drevina
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Had a queue of 147 a few minutes ago,looked off the screen queue is now at 300....?????

Boredmuse
09-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Wow, just wow. Can this guy be removed please. The utterly clueless have no business posting on Trions behalf. Wait, maybe it is oddly fitting...........................

Kyu
09-21-2014, 04:11 PM
lol another screw up yet again.

Chandoso
09-21-2014, 04:28 PM
was online...crashed, back on the server select screen less than a minute later...have to wait through Queue again...good job on that grace period

Ingro
09-21-2014, 04:28 PM
After seeing some comments on Facebook here is a conundrum... We are essentially being forced to sit and watch the queue for hours on end, because if we leave our computers during the several hours queue and miss the moment we get logged in, we will be kicked for being AFK.

Agreed 100%. This happened to me the other day.

The other fun side of the issue is that people have to enter the queue hours before they plan to play and who knows how many of those users actually still feel like playing by the time they get to the character selection screen.

The good news is that the grace period seems to be working more often than it isn't (for me anyway). Currently waiting in queue due to one of those times when it didn't work :(

sadpriest
09-21-2014, 04:29 PM
The grace period does not seem to be working...

panzitah
09-21-2014, 04:29 PM
trion, pleaase! sell archeage to another company! u dont have the enough competences to deal with this game!!

Daen
09-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Been in queue for 7-8 hours today, been in game for about 3. Constant DC, constaunt Auth Server failure. No explanations. Is there a way to get a refund or atleast half of my money back. If I would've known the product was broken, I would not have purchased it.

Moshpet01
09-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Grace period my *.

Followed by:

You are in cue 770+ >2 hours +

Grace period my *, totally ineffective in my case.
M.

Denasti
09-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure what happened this morning but I have been getting random kicks and twice I have not been able to log back in for Raids. I am not afk, I was fighting a monster when it happened twice

Drevina
09-21-2014, 04:39 PM
was just playing and got dc'd,back in queue,done for the day,enjoyed my 30 minutes of play.......

Hecaton
09-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Been getting DCd all day but didn't have to wait in the Q until just now. Got DCd, logged back in less than 5 minutes late but Im sitting in the Q.

deadq
09-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Grace period my *.

Followed by:

You are in cue 770+ >2 hours +

Grace period my *, totally ineffective in my case.
M.

I was in game this morning and got dc on 2 occasions before the server went down for a restart. Tried to get back in a couple of hours ago and was down to about 300 in the que... kaboom. dc I'm now a 1200 in que..

Paz
09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
I dont think its implimented! I have been getting disconnected at random times throughout my game time and when I finally get to the server select screen, its placed me in a queue when trying to connect. So where is this so called 10 min grace period???? And why are there so many players getting: The gods have discconnected you, please check your connection, when the connection isnt the problem! Further more. my gold patron subscription status is also messed up. I paid for 3 months and I expect to receive the 3 months , not the 2 showing up. Head start was a mess, we were suppose to get compensated for the bad start. Jipping me a months worth of subscription time, isnt what I would call compensation! Further more we were suppose to receive a discount in the market place, which we never got. So my question is: How are we suppose to enjoy a game that is kicking you out, cant get your subscription correct and hasn't managed to keep any of the ''So called'' impliments that ''were'' suppose to be in place???? the 10 min grace period isnt working I was DC'ed by the gods , and placed in a queue.......... Im beyond frustrated at this point, Im royally pissed!

Rogii
09-21-2014, 05:25 PM

grace period does not work in the slightest. got DC'd with 200 people left in que, logged back in within 3 minutes and my que was at 1300 players.

nutha
09-21-2014, 05:27 PM
There really is no excuse for this type of flop from a gaming company the size of Trion. Sitting in a queue for hours at a time is not acceptable and then having it lock up so I have to re-queue is even more frustrating and absurd. Why would I pay for this?

Trion, you will lose customers like me when you fail to provide the product we pay for; I am effectively paying you to sit in a queue. When you have a land grab, caps to labor points and other aspects to the game that punish you for not getting into the game, you have to have your @()$#@ together. You have had decades of examples and some experience on what to expect. Is it that hard to rent a month or 2 of server space to double the capacity pre-launch and then scale down server capacity as populations stable out? The long term benefits of such an elementary business model would pay off 100-fold. Instead you choose to save a few pennies and piss off 7/8th of your playing populace.

Eventually gamers hopefully will stop accepting this failed model and will stop paying for betas; you should be paying me to beta your product.

MrBEEFY
09-21-2014, 05:43 PM
1. The feature was implemented and works when you, yourself get disconnected or client crash.
2. The feature does not seem to work when the server crashes probably because they haven't developed a login retrieval IP priority system.

TeaPotty
09-21-2014, 06:02 PM
I was just disconnected after a 3 hour que and 5 mins of grape harvesting. Tried to reconnect, in que again, no grace period -_-

Spuds
09-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Hello,

The in-game disconnect grace period works fine, although the login queue does not.

Have been disconnected after hours of waiting and log back in within a minute, only to find myself back at the end of the line. It would quell half of the anger about the place if people didn't lose their position. Its how the 2 hour wait turns into 6+

Any update on the situation would be a blessing to players, even if its bad news and can't be helped. As anyone in the most basic of PR roles would understand, its just best to keep everyone informed.

Esuna
09-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Ok so I suffer random disconnects and when it happens while I am in queue I have start at the back of the line again. I get that. The grace period is made to work for people who dc or crash IN GAME. And when I have dc'ed in game I have been able to skip queue... until recently.

When the servers were brought down for maintenance earlier today, that grace period stopped working for me. I get disconnected by the gods and when I load up the game again I have to wait in the queue again. And yes, I try to get back in pretty quick. Usually I am back to the server select screen within a couple minutes. That's MUCH less than 10. The last maintenance broke the grace period. For me certainly, and others according to threads in the Technical Support section.

Fantasma
09-22-2014, 07:51 AM
well this is a good new ---because for any reason the company of internet ..a storm or any interference down for 1 minute ..wait again a queued of 3 hours is really a crazy thing

Maluniuu
09-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Could there be a grace period for the queue as well? I waited in queue for 5 hours today but when I were number 49 in the queue for some wierd non-explained reason, I was thrown out of the queue, no popups, no connecting, nothing. I waited for a while and pressed connect again only to be number 2689 in queue.... and now I cannot open the game, When I press 'Play' Glyph sends me to http://archeage.xlgames.com/faq?id=1161 and I don't understand Korean.

arrowia
09-22-2014, 08:16 AM
ye what to do i lost connection every 5 min in queue and when i relog im last in queue i dont cooming anny where 3rd day it is like this i cant be in queue more then 5 min then i lost connection then im last in queue again over and over again... 3-4 h i can wait in queue no problem but i cant ♥♥♥♥ ing be in queue more then 5 min..... pls help what 2 do??..
ps bad english

and im lvl 45 dont want switch server...

arrowia
09-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Adventurers,

An important features that our Founders have been requesting and we mentioned was coming has now arrived: a grace period is being added to our server queuing system. When a player is disconnected from the game for any reason, if they log back in within a few minutes they will be able to skip the server queue entirely. In order to implement this system, the queue will now appear on the server selection screen instead of the character selection screen and will allow for players to change servers after evaluating the queue length.

hi! ye what to do i lost connection every 5 min in queue and when i relog im last in queue i dont cooming anny where 3rd day it is like this i cant be in queue more then 5 min then i lost connection then im last in queue again over and over again... 3-4 h i can wait in queue no problem but i cant ♥♥♥♥ ing be in queue more then 5 min..... pls help what 2 do??..
ps bad english

and im lvl 45 dont want switch server

it worked fine when the queue was in character seletion screen becouse i didnt lose my queue place when i lost connection in queue

Arumen
09-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Further more. my gold patron subscription status is also messed up. I paid for 3 months and I expect to receive the 3 months , not the 2 showing up. Head start was a mess, we were suppose to get compensated for the bad start. Jipping me a months worth of subscription time, isnt what I would call compensation!

Just a point of clarification: Gold ($100) founder pack only comes with 2 months patron; Archeum ($150) comes with 3 months.

ziroxffs
09-22-2014, 10:40 AM
will be the last money i spend on this game for sure 6 hrs que and going still 650 , gg nice you go !!

Choisy
09-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Adventurers,

Dear mister scapes,

How about adding a grace period for disconnects during queque?
Would be so much less painfull if we didn't disconnect after waiting hours and hours in queque just to end up at the back of it.

stamgast
09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
wel this is a compleet lie or its simply does not work!!!!

i was just 640 in que and got diconected by your famous freeking gods. and i loged back in straight away and gues what i am now 2315 in the ♥♥♥♥ing QUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what am i paying for for cryst sake.

Com Supervisory Authority
09-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I am waiting now for 3 hours since i came from work and i am still 980 starting from 2600

AND YOU WONDER ABOUT PLAYERS STAYING IN GAME AFK (heared u bann them rofl)

Its your expectable Job to create enough server-capazity, nothing else will solve this frustrating problem

Vvanderer
09-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Ive been waiting for 5 hours in a queue.. and got dced when i was like 13th.. 2400 now to go. Yeah... not gonna play today.
If i dont log in and stay logged in.. I cant play this game despite being archeum pack owner..

Elias
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
EU Eanna
That will be a nice week
I can Play 7h per Day from 17:00 to 00:00
coming home 16:30
jump to the pc press Play
Queue 3756
waiting 4h ... Queue 1700
waiting 2h ... Queue 700
waiting 1h ... Queue 200
time to go to bed

thx Trion for playing AA

Sephiroth018
09-22-2014, 01:03 PM
I have patron status and I'm waiting for 3 hours now to get into the game. Since at least 30 minutes I'm stuck at position 1599...

Edit:
After being frustrated enough to try to rejoin the queue and clicking on "try another server" (or whatever it's named), I got a connection error message. Seems it wasn't shown because of some bug...

Diktator
09-22-2014, 01:54 PM
EU Eanna
That will be a nice week
I can Play 7h per Day from 17:00 to 00:00
coming home 16:30
jump to the pc press Play
Queue 3756
waiting 4h ... Queue 1700
waiting 2h ... Queue 700
waiting 1h ... Queue 200
time to go to bed

thx Trion for playing AA

Almost same thing. Even if I try to log in at morning, launcher says offline (daily "maintenance")

ziroxffs
09-22-2014, 02:03 PM
after 10 hrs iam 250, yes iam going 2 bed gn

BamAracheage
09-22-2014, 03:04 PM
5th Crash of the day, no grace period now, now I'm in a queue (830+). While 800 something isn't horrible how about the fact that your grace period isn't working and posting all day today about my game crashes has brought zero attention on the Tech forum

jerrak
09-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Adventurers,

How about adding this grace period to the QUEUE itself? I am getting DC'ed from the QUEUE with alarming regularity and it would be nice if I didn't have to start my 6 hour wait over again every time.

this is buried 60+ pages down... no way anyone from Trion will see it.

Barb
09-22-2014, 05:09 PM
So, after waiting for 40 minutes in a thousand person queue, I'm at number 340 with 40 minutes to go. Then it disconnects me; when I log back in 1 minute later, I'm at number 1174 with more than another hour to wait.

Think you could fix this?

Sail
09-22-2014, 05:29 PM
So, after waiting for 40 minutes in a thousand person queue, I'm at number 340 with 40 minutes to go. Then it disconnects me; when I log back in 1 minute later, I'm at number 1174 with more than another hour to wait.

Think you could fix this?

Yeah this is getting annoying.

Barb
09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
I have waited twice in a queue of more than 1100 people, both times disconnected while in queue and put back at the start of the queue; waiting with 1200 people ahead of me in the queue for the third time this evening. You have broken this, not fixed it.

Jikal
09-22-2014, 07:25 PM
I can't even get past Glyph tonight to join the queue. #2024 #2025 nonstop.

Esuna
09-22-2014, 09:14 PM
With the grace period gone, my random disconnects are a nightmare! Get DC'ed in the afternoon? You can't play again until tomorrow! Even if I wait in the queue to get back in, if the line is close to 1000 or more I will never make it. Because of course the DC's! Worst of all, when/if I lose connection to the server there is no message popping up telling me that. My queue number will just sit there unchanging until I realize its a disconnect and not super slowness and close the game and reload it to try again (and the queue number is usually bigger every time I have to do this so it keeps getting more and more hopeless). And this can repeat until I give up when its late and go to bed.

The disconnects stopped halfway through Open Beta! I was SOOOOOO happy! And then you broke it for launch. :( Now I can't be relied on as a team member if we do a dungeon or anything we want to do as a team (I am the healer btw!) because if I DC I will most likely not get back to them and they have to make do without their Healer.

Esuna
09-22-2014, 09:18 PM
OMG I lost connection to the servers while in queue AND IT TOLD ME! It's a miracle! First time ever. At least it showed the courtesy of a notification this time!

**Edit: Figured out why it told me this time. Apparently the NA Queue Server is down. Game now CTDs during the landscape cutscenes and can't get to server select screen.

Mael
09-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Probably about the millionth repeat, but the Grace period is NOT working. Just got "gods'ed" from Dahuta. Reconnected within 1 minute and placed at just over 1300th in the queue.
Nice! So pleased I paid monthly for Founder status, that has proven to be a terrific investment thus far. The only way that I can play at all, being a European, is by taking up a slot on the NA servers!

Lyse20
09-23-2014, 11:13 AM
same here. got DC'ed and when i tryed to log back in like 1-2min after AA closed i got in queue 1800. just have to wait 3-4h now.

Fairlance
09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Grace period my *ss... enjoy the money Trion. First and last time.

Hakairo
09-23-2014, 11:22 AM
And suddenly it got disabled

Lyones
09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
And...Queue system has been ♥♥♥♥ed up AGAIN!!
Nice work Trion. You're garbage.

Poppaea
09-23-2014, 11:31 AM
might want to fix this...

Tham
09-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Grace period is a f****ing fake !!

Nelfariel
09-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Is there something that works well? Except payment methods....

MidgarJack
09-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Thank you! Archage Team.. for trying to fix the queue system if i get it right? :P

i have been try to login 3 days now with queue 3-4k .... 4-5hours every day. so i come home from work 5pm and i come into server around 9-10pm... i can only play 1 hour till i have to sleep cuz i have to work 5am next day...

Meanman
09-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah doesn't get rid of the 2 to 8 hours queue in the first place though does it?

jul28lol
09-23-2014, 12:06 PM
i don't know why i was kick in game. I reconnected and i'm going to the queue :s
I want to take a subs but this mistake stop my enjoy to be Patron even if i like this game :D

Bahz
09-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Same problem here!

Uver
09-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Maybe if we ask for a queue extender or a button to start the queue again they will solve the problem. Your know, reverse psychology...

sMoKe
09-24-2014, 05:42 AM
I had to wait in a Queue of over 900 people after " THE gods have disconnected me" for no reason. I spent maybe 3-5 minutes logging back in to find a QUeue rather then be put back into the game.

Grace period is not working properly on Aranzeb, been kicked 5 times in a matter of 10 minutes, then couldn't play since I was put in a Queue.
I ended up playing a different game.

MystiqueAngel
09-24-2014, 11:24 AM
DONT WORRY!...>They're on top of it ... >.>

AND in the mean time :
Afk kicker is LESS THAN 5 ♥♥♥♥ING MIN. (people are going to piss and are kicked within the 2 min they are back)
There is NO ♥♥♥♥ing "grace period" they broke that too..

BUT the botters! THE BOTTERS are able to stay in!

Tokidoki
09-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I do not have the same problem as the previous posters, I do have a 10 min grace period and it has always worked. The AFK timer seems a bit agressive tho, seeing as I cant go take a ♥♥♥♥ without getting DCd.
What I do want tho is for the grace period or something similar at least to work as you are in the queue too. I get DCd every 20-40 min atm cause of a sucky connection, and I can never ever play if there is a queue over 300 people. Making it 1 minute is fine even...

Esuna
09-24-2014, 03:31 PM
A while back the grace period stopped working for me after the servers were brought down for maintenance. But after yesterday morning's maintenance the grace period was back for me. Which was a relief because I suffer from RDS. Random Disconnect Syndrome. But the sound of the AFK kick timer is unsettling. I heard it was less than 5 minutes now. So we can't go use the bathroom, or grab a drink of water, or get a snack/meal? So sad. Luckily Scapes said they are working on it as they didn't intend for it to be so short.

jul28lol
09-28-2014, 09:28 AM
This is hard to play. Why ? I pass 5h in queue and if you are AFK 15 minutes or more, Archeage disconnect you. So you stay 5 more hours in the queue again.

I can't play with my guild i 'm so useless...

Lethichore
09-28-2014, 11:58 AM
For some reason the queu keeps crashing aswell, going from 900 queu to 20.... then WOOHOO Disconnected... 900 all over again...

eiyah100
10-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Omg it takes just more than 5 minutes just to start Archeage itself! No wonder everyone's having such a hard time :rolleyes:

Jaegerberry
10-17-2014, 02:36 PM
For some reason the queu keeps crashing aswell, going from 900 queu to 20.... then WOOHOO Disconnected... 900 all over again...

I havent seen a 900 queue since launch. Are you a Patron?

cratilia
09-26-2015, 01:02 PM
well that maybe a great idea, but it don't help me when I am consistently having problems logging into the game to start with and this is becoming a bit of a pain I never know if I will be able to get into the game I nearly always get the message "the server is busy please try again later" can anyone help me with this problem? as soon as I make a ticket to Trion I manage after many many attempts, to log on and I am told we noticed you logged into the game, yes and for that I am grateful but that's after logging on 15-18 times in a row! I really would appreciate any help

Effi says hi
09-26-2015, 02:47 PM
*Effi drives a stake into the heart of the necroed thread before it can further stink up the forum*

Xhisors
09-26-2015, 09:12 PM
well that maybe a great idea, but it don't help me when I am consistently having problems logging into the game to start with and this is becoming a bit of a pain I never know if I will be able to get into the game I nearly always get the message "the server is busy please try again later" can anyone help me with this problem? as soon as I make a ticket to Trion I manage after many many attempts, to log on and I am told we noticed you logged into the game, yes and for that I am grateful but that's after logging on 15-18 times in a row! I really would appreciate any help

The necro posting skills is strong with this one.