PDA

View Full Version : Damn queue

valsharen
09-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Why did you call this game "Archeage"? I think it's more appropriate to call it "Queue Game". Are you going to increase the capacity of these damn server? Or are you just hoping that half the players lose patience and stop playing?

Asenko
09-17-2014, 02:57 AM
ArcheQueue,

I like it, its an open world adventuring que game. You never know whats going to happen! will you make it to the end of the 2 hour que or be disconnected! The possibilities! :D

shiz
09-17-2014, 04:26 AM
queue 1hour, wtf :(

Asenko
09-17-2014, 04:37 AM
There are queues now?

Wow whats it going to be like when I come home from work later...

Graster
09-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Hmm... 1h queue lawl

roysten
09-17-2014, 04:42 AM
They need to temporarily lock character creation.
I have committed to the server now after 5 days and a boatload of credits spent on 1 character.
The queues have been stupid from the start but I have just about managed to deal with them after making the decision to stick it out for the long haul.

Having 1 hour queues on Wednesday lunchtime is mental though.

If they don't lock Kyprosa for a while more and more of the FTP folks will become invested in the server, because after you queue for 2 hours the time invested actually playing becomes valuable.

If they don't lock it soon the prime time average will be 4 hour+ queues.

If any of the guilds* agree it might be worth them making a joint request in general. More effective than my lone voice yelping into the hurricane of woe that is the general forum.

*I will join a guild at some point, I just prefer to get my main settled in solo just a personal quirk.

Asenko
09-17-2014, 04:54 AM
They need to temporarily lock character creation.
I have committed to the server now after 5 days and a boatload of credits spent on 1 character.
The queues have been stupid from the start but I have just about managed to deal with them after making the decision to stick it out for the long haul.

Having 1 hour queues on Wednesday lunchtime is mental though.

If they don't lock Kyprosa for a while more and more of the FTP folks will become invested in the server, because after you queue for 2 hours the time invested actually playing becomes valuable.

If they don't lock it soon the prime time average will be 4 hour+ queues.

If any of the guilds* it might be worth them making a joint request in general. More effective than my lone voice yelping into the hurricane of woe that is the general forum.

*I will join a guild at some point, I just prefer to get my main settled in solo just a personal quirk.

Its a Double edged sword though,

I want new players to come here and grow the server but I also don't like queueing for things...which is why I love online shopping..anyway.

This is nothing after experiencing the Final Fantasy 14 relaunch last year, no que visualisation to let you know where you are and a instant DC when you get into the game. Took two weeks before I can play.

My point is, these things take time and with a super hyped game like ArcheAge you have to expect this, with no pay barrier everyone and their sisters will be wanting to try out ArcheAge for at least a couple of days.

But if FTP players do come and settle in on a server I want it to be my server, get a good community going and become the sustained number 1 server! (So we don't have to go through a merge later and I lose my house)

roysten
09-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Its a Double edged sword though,

I want new players to come here and grow the server but I also don't like queueing for things...which is why I love online shopping..anyway.

This is nothing after experiencing the Final Fantasy 14 relaunch last year, no que visualisation to let you know where you are and a instant DC when you get into the game. Took two weeks before I can play.

My point is, these things take time and with a super hyped game like ArcheAge you have to expect this, with no pay barrier everyone and their sisters will be wanting to try out ArcheAge for at least a couple of days.

But if FTP players do come and settle in on a server I want it to be my server, get a good community going and become the sustained number 1 server! (So we don't have to go through a merge later and I lose my house)

I completely agree with you. A busy and full server is a good server. Patron/FTP mix is perfect it makes the economy exciting.

But.

The queue is over an hour on a Wednesday lunchtime. This is Bonkers, and yes that is Bonkers with a capital B.

MixtaMike
09-17-2014, 05:14 AM
they need to step up the Anti-Afk system , the time to boot someone is far too long , its 20minutes +

I went afk 15min an didnt get booted. (not moving)

Flick
09-17-2014, 06:16 AM
patron status running away while in queue..

roysten
09-17-2014, 06:29 AM
While you wait (kicked twice from queue huzzah).

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?47680-%A310.99-month-really/page15

Is worth a look, they got the Patron prices wrong for EU. In a bad way.

Asenko
09-17-2014, 06:36 AM
I really hate when companies just translate the American price directly to EU price.

I.E Just changing the currency symbol instead of translating the price.

So 15 Dollars = 15 Euros...

roysten
09-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Nah, the thing is its meant to be same price as Rift 8.99 but is in fact 10.99.

On topic.

New bug. queue freezes up. best I got was at 40.
Waited with it static for an age eventually bit bullet and used try another server button.
Network connection lost pop up. Client shuts down.
3 hours queueing on a Wednesday afternoon.

Asenko
09-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Ohh ok,

Forget what I said then :)

Pukinho
09-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Seriously, I don't understand you people... This game is completely fresh and TONS of people have been waiting for this game for so long! You act like you're surprised that there are queues, LOL. I personally like the fact that this game has got so big audience at the very beginning and it'll be a real challenge for developers to deal with such big community. I'm sure that Trion will find a way to solve this "time-in-queue problem" and it'll happen really soon. So stop crying for all the queues, 'cause that looks so immature from your side :) Especially F2P ones. Cheers!

Asenko
09-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Seriously, I don't understand you people... This game is completely fresh and TONS of people have been waiting for this game for so long! You act like you're surprised that there are queues, LOL. I personally like the fact that this game has got so big audience at the very beginning and it'll be a real challenge for developers to deal with such big community. I'm sure that Trion will find a way to solve this "time-in-queue problem" and it'll happen really soon. So stop crying for all the queues, 'cause that looks so immature from your side :) Especially F2P ones. Cheers!

Just because someone "cries" about a queue doesn't mean they don't also appreciate how popular ArcheAge is, for one back in Feb when we had no idea if ArcheAge would ever come out in the west with Trion saying nothing I would have never dreamed that it would be released now and be as popular as it is after years of waiting and no guarantee it would have so much hype! Its Great!

But I still don't like waiting in 4 hour queues...its not hard to separate the two.

Baium
09-18-2014, 02:35 AM
ArcheQueue.....sounds legal to me :))

ShuraMMO
09-18-2014, 03:24 AM
For those of you that missed this statement scapes confirmed that kyprosa is the most populated server of Archeage
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?49946-Scapes-Could-we-please-get-some-communication-on-what-s-being-done-about-the-server-capacity-issue

Asenko
09-18-2014, 03:31 AM
For those of you that missed this statement scapes confirmed that kyprosa is the most populated server of Archeage
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?49946-Scapes-Could-we-please-get-some-communication-on-what-s-being-done-about-the-server-capacity-issue

Very Nice!

We should celebrate.

arknor
09-18-2014, 03:48 AM
so much afkers
http://i.imgur.com/xpJFiKp.jpg

ShuraMMO
09-18-2014, 03:48 AM
With a queue party. It would be nice to have some kind of minigame in the queue where you could play with others - like a virtual world - we could name it ...... oh wait thats what im trying to play

Essential
09-18-2014, 03:59 AM
U whit 1h F....... Queu it lukky I have nerly 3h the gameplay in AA is so good BUT the MISSING TEC ans SUPPORT is FUBA

piiiter
09-18-2014, 04:49 AM
hahahaha, you people complain about a 1 hour queue...I have clan members that haven been 5 and 6 hours in queue without entering. Trion, if you're going to launcha "f2p" (alias p2w) game, at least make sure THE SERVERS CAN HANDLE THE EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE.

Drysyn
09-18-2014, 05:49 AM
1 hour que guess i'll just come back in a week or two when the population dies down a bit, and FYI for the poster above not everyone wants to sit and wait for 5 hours plus to play a game most(like me) will go play another game which in the end loses trion money

Asenko
09-18-2014, 05:54 AM
1 hour que guess i'll just come back in a week or two when the population dies down a bit, and FYI for the poster above not everyone wants to sit and wait for 5 hours plus to play a game most(like me) will go play another game which in the end loses trion money

Actually a one hour queue is pretty good...sadly

james1202
09-18-2014, 05:56 AM
4:30pm yesterday I logged on, finally got in game at 9:20pm. As a patron I think this is ridiculous. Was going down at a solid 8 characters per minute which is stupid. Overall it's not being taken seriously and Trion don't care.

Kaizoku
09-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Queued around 11AM 900 infront of me in que, OK.

3:30PM - 5 people infront of me. 2 minutes later the game freezes. GG QQ good night!

Asenko
09-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Queued around 11AM 900 infront of me in que, OK.

3:30PM - 5 people infront of me. 2 minutes later the game freezes. GG QQ good night!

Your spot in the queue is saved to some degree I thought?

Kaizoku
09-18-2014, 10:17 AM

Never got the chance, the game froze another couple of times. So I'll just wait another day or so to queue.
Maybe i should wake up at like 5am to queue and go to bed ;>

Yuki Hime
09-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Nope, i have connection lost for 1-2min and now i can go sleep. Que 5000+

SirLucian
09-18-2014, 10:59 AM
4th hour still waiting
BS to it's fines at the hed start the q was like 20-30 min. max now i feel like I shold request my money back because i can't use what i bought ;/

thepreston
09-18-2014, 11:10 AM
After the Defiance launch, Trion should have learned their lesson. But this is infinitely worse lol. 3 hrs in queue and connection to server lost, back to the end of the queue for me. This is like a Post Office on pension day simulator

Steelballslongshaft
07-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Yea man... The Q is horrible

Exiledd
07-19-2015, 09:58 AM
QQueueAge