PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for folks interested in starting a guild!

Laana
09-17-2014, 05:09 AM
I am extremely interested in building an RP guild, but I need some reliable folks who can come up with some bold ideas alongside me for such a guild. I'm thinking something Kingdom oriented, the guild master being a King/Queen. I am not sure if I would want to lead, I want to find some ideas, get them flowing, and see who is interested.

Perhaps, we could even get a dynasty flowing? Kings/Queens/Prince/Princess, Lords, Army ranks, and what not, likely the higher ranks first, simply because they can flesh out the rest of it with ease.

I have plenty of experience with roleplaying and roleplay guild-rank structure. I have a long history with it in my previous works on less than legal World of Warcraft servers.. But we can forget I mentioned that, this is a new world. And as such, needs new ideas. Since ArcheAge evidently, from what I have seen, offers extensive liberty for one to hold a headcanon, and even justify building a petty kingdom.

Now. Obviously this guild would be a RP/PVP guild, right? Well I suppose that raises some more questions, doesn't it? What do we focus on more. Roleplay or PVP? Well, honestly I think the answer to that is quite simple, and that is obviously roleplay. People have roleplayed in existing castles in other games in the past, and I don't think that is going to change here if we find ourselves incapable of building a grand palace of our own. Roleplay about the story, not the aesthetics, and that is coming from someone who is learning world building.

Honestly, even if we can't RP as a pre-established Kingdom too well, we could always simply play as a ragtag group of people who consider themselves a Landless Kingdom, until we should acquire such land, or find a pre-existing location that suits our needs.

So, here are the blanks that need to be filled in:
1.) RP/PVP? Or just RP?
2.)Race/faction details?
3.) Ranks titles.
4.) Backstory/culture.

So, who's interested? We will determine the leader at a later date/time, should this actually happen.

Shadeknight
09-17-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm interested!

Will the planning and such be done over Skype or some other off forum medium?

Laana
09-17-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm interested!

Will the planning and such be done over Skype or some other off forum medium?
I was thinking skype, but I think it'd be good to get the ball rolling here, start getting the forums more popular.

Shadeknight
09-17-2014, 06:10 AM
True.

I'm just used to Skype for guild planning :P I can do it here as well.

What server did you have in mind?

Laana
09-17-2014, 06:16 AM
I was thinking Tahyang, honestly. It seems stronger. So I've based there.

Shadeknight
09-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I've fiddled around with a character there. The community seems great.

Though I'm not sure about a landless Kingdom guild or a kingdom guild. I have some pre-set hesitance towards such guilds because of my dabbling in less then legal WoW servers. They seem like one of the few guild types to breed inner guild drama. Mind you, I'm still up for trying it out and seeing it through so that it doesn't come to that. I could be wrong entirely and this could succeed like no other, which is what I'm willing to try for.

Laana
09-17-2014, 06:24 AM
I only included that detail so I could cite my Guild Leadership experience, really. They weren't that bad/dramatic, it was more the servers than the guilds. But that's not what we are here to discuss. As for race? I'm thinking Nuian, perhaps. Opinion?

Shadeknight
09-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Nuian seems the most plausible. I'm still looking up the lore and learning it through quests, but anything Kingdom-y/Dynasty-like would be best fit as a Nuian

Laana
09-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Is there a wiki for ArcheAge where I can research the lore? Information seems few and far between, unless you read quest text. Been too rushed, sadly. :P

Shadeknight
09-17-2014, 06:36 AM
All I've gotten was from the Tahayung community forums (The lore section) and the gamepedia here http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Lore

Chickenleg
09-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Why not RP include PVP ? Battle between character is a part of a RP gameplay too, thats my opinion :)
And about the race/faction. You ask us to say our opinion about a guild having members of only one race (e.x Elfs) OR a guild having members of the same faction include the two races of the faction??

Uilliam
09-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I'd be up for it, it's normally my guild that keeps me playing a game or not.
though i'm unsure if i'll be settling into archeage.

as for race it doesn't matter that much too me. Though starting as a adventuring guild then progressing into a kingdom seems like a good way to do things.

and why not RP/PvP pvp seems like a big part of archeage and should anyone (me) want to stay out of it...there are ways...there. are. ways.

Can't say i'm experienced at all in RP (or sociable in any way) but it's always seemed fun.

KittenNyx
09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I would be interested myself. My only rp experience has been text based on forums and live at larping stuff and I would be very interested to try this.

Hyperax
09-17-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm interested! I have one of the catfolk (can't remember the race name off the top of my head :/ ) currently but I was thinking of making a Nuian. How are we setting this up?

Loonloon
09-18-2014, 07:39 AM
If you're not following the game lore you can go check on Wishcraft, i already brought this out but no one has contacted me about the guild.
I have countless ideas with real money events but so far i'm without members so i joined a guild temporary until i can settle down and get some members.

Your guild have to include pve \ pvp because you can't escape pvp in Archeage it's everywhere above level 30, especially as RP guild loves to adventure and sight seeing, sooner or later you'll meet some peoples who will try to kill you on the way.

Valadeus
09-18-2014, 11:32 AM
I would be extremely interested in assisting you. I have community leading experience as well as experience in RP, PvP, Raids and other facets of the game. I'm not trying to say I should take charge, simply that I would be extremely interested in participating and helping in whatever way I can.

Hyperax
09-18-2014, 12:47 PM
So how are we going to set this up? If we do end up setting a guild up. How would we communicate with each other and stuff like that? I'm thinking either use skype or I could set up an IRC channel (well, still need to use skype or teamspeak or something for voice) for the guild.

Enreth
09-18-2014, 09:47 PM
I'd be interested in joining! I also think Nuian is the best choice. I'v got a lot of In-game RP experience under my belt, and would like to join if this goes through :) ((I'll be watching this forum, or you could just PM me in game "Enreth" ))

Chimiboy
09-19-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm totally ready for this, as I've been thinking of doing the same! Message me if you need help, people, jokes, etc :P Also this is the EU server? I have some good ideas (I think) and I'm willing to devote myself to a guild if you need another follower!

Chimiboy
09-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Also, I think ingame typing is most fun for RP if we're getting new players in. I wouldn't be able to play a female nuian or something if I wanted to. If we're RP'ing and we want to use skype or whatever, I think that should be done in a specific group or situation and only when it's approved by you Laana. Just my idea. Otherwise we could get people who can't speak in character in a call that breaks the illusion. Ofcourse RaidCall is an amazing free software, which requires VERY LITTLE from your PC and has an option of making 'channels' and locked groups. This (if well organised) can become a real boon to a guild.

Laana
09-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Wonderful to see everyone so interested! To answer a few questions:

1.) I think it is best to go off of existing game lore. There isn't much, but there is a perfect slot for a guild to just throw down its story and not be disputed as 'not canon'. If anyone wants to talk, contact 'truelannister' on Skype, though I will be here!

2.) We need a guild hierarchy. That means a King, namely. I feel a bit uncomfortable RPing as male characters. [I'm female.] Is anyone interested in playing the role of King?

I'll lay out a system of ranks here with a poorly made graph. Keep in mind, I will be the guild leader/organizer, these ranks are for RP strictly. Also keep in mind these are just drafted ranks, and we'll likely fix/adjust them and make them work better for the guild.

So. Any takers for King?

http://i.imgur.com/RcSda0c.png

Shadeknight
09-19-2014, 04:42 AM
I can do it, for sure, and I'm interested.

I do like the heirarchy. Very simple.

Laana
09-19-2014, 04:59 AM
I can do it, for sure, and I'm interested.

I do like the heirarchy. Very simple.
Awesome. I think we should do group leveling, if we can get a few people who want to do that.

Shadeknight
09-19-2014, 05:05 AM
That's very plausible and fun. Solo leveling my one dude so far has been fun but groups are better.

I can even play the tank types when we get to the point where its relevant :p

Kiruna
09-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Please keep me updated on this. I am in Tahyang and this sounds like a fun guild.

Laana
09-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Please keep me updated on this. I am in Tahyang and this sounds like a fun guild.

Watch this thread, we'll keep you posted. :)

I will be a healer for leveling. It's always been my preferred role, but a healer can't level alone.

So, lets form a group for this, shall we? Who's interested here in leveling?

Shadeknight
09-19-2014, 06:36 AM
I am, and I've got a good idea for the build/class to run so that I can taunt at later levels :P

Hyperax
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Also, I think ingame typing is most fun for RP if we're getting new players in. I wouldn't be able to play a female nuian or something if I wanted to. If we're RP'ing and we want to use skype or whatever, I think that should be done in a specific group or situation and only when it's approved by you Laana. Just my idea. Otherwise we could get people who can't speak in character in a call that breaks the illusion. Ofcourse RaidCall is an amazing free software, which requires VERY LITTLE from your PC and has an option of making 'channels' and locked groups. This (if well organised) can become a real boon to a guild.

I was meaning more, use Skype for out of character chat and organizing the details and everything for the Guild. I'd prefer ingame RP too, just makes sense for this, but a Skype group might be useful for organizing things.

Also I'm up for leveling! I have a Nuian and a Firran, currently, one's about level... 6 and the Firran is level 11 I believe. Would be fine with using either for the guild.

Vaetrasil
09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
I'd be interested in joining. :)

Uilliam
09-19-2014, 11:13 PM
I also like the hierarchy. and i'm somewhat of a slow leveler on top of this queue...thing.(unavoidable in a new game really)
but i'd enjoy having people to play with.

playing a mage (shaman with plans to switch the healing oriented to a more damage friendly skill set) currently but i have a character set aside for more melee oriented classes if it's better.

Laana
09-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Anyone who wishes to join, PM me, or add me on skype. Preferably skype, we have a group going where we can discuss all of this in real time. I'll repeat it again, my skype is truelannister, add it up! c:

Valadeus
09-20-2014, 05:59 AM
I'll add you on Skype later today. I've got some ideas but I'm liking what I see here.

Raithios
09-20-2014, 02:03 PM
If I am not to late to join this guild, I'd love to be apart of it.

Lunalepsy
09-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Good luck! :3

DaWaffle
09-20-2014, 10:49 PM
This really sounds like a good idea and would love to participate in the future.