PDA

View Full Version : Forum Signature Images?

Emilie
09-17-2014, 07:55 AM
When I first joined the forum on Archeage, I was really surprised we weren't able to have image signatures or avatars. Is there any way they can be enabled? It made forum a lot more fun and definitely gets the artist community active. :)

Hades4u
09-17-2014, 07:57 AM
I agree, it would be great if signatures could contain images.. I don't see why not..

Also, how to select an avatar for yourself?

Iymala
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
I would love to see this implemented. I can understand if they do not have the staff to moderate all the inappropriate content that would likely accompany it.

Emilie
09-17-2014, 08:21 AM
I agree, it would be great if signatures could contain images.. I don't see why not..

Also, how to select an avatar for yourself?

I know it's something that could definitely be modified with the way the forum is set up. As for avatars, That's also something that could be enabled but currently isn't.

This is the first game forum I've come across that doesn't give users the option to. Not yet at least.

Hades4u
09-17-2014, 08:23 AM
I know it's something that could definitely be modified with the way the forum is set up. As for avatars, That's also something that could be enabled but currently isn't.

This is the first game forum I've come across that doesn't give users the option to. Not yet at least.

Indeed.

However, the game has just been released to everyone, let's give it some time, I'm sure the devs will make it better and better as time goes, hopefully they'll read our suggestions!

Emilie
09-17-2014, 08:33 AM
For sure. :) I hope so too!

Snaloe
09-17-2014, 08:37 AM
When beta stopped I cracked out CS5 and was about to enjoy making a new animated sig for archage .. was really quite disappointed when I could not.

Would be great to be able to do so. ;)

Even with the ques and problems and mess of headstart .. I still love the game.

Yesus
09-17-2014, 08:39 AM
...........nvm

Emilie
09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
When beta stopped I cracked out CS5 and was about to enjoy making a new animated sig for archage .. was really quite disappointed when I could not.

Would be great to be able to do so. ;)

Even with the ques and problems and mess of headstart .. I still love the game.

I know eh?! I was about to do the same but was super bummed out. It's part of the fun of being a graphic designer and a forum user xP. & Honestly, I do too. I've waited for this game since before alpha even came out ♥. It definitely is a big mess right now but I think things will start calming down within the next month or so. Maybe this post will be considered around then if we're lucky!

...........nvm

huh?

Babilonilouco
09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
i actually liked spending sometime to make my ^^

d0ugz
09-17-2014, 08:46 AM
They could allow avatars also.
is there any guy who knows drawing here? :D

Emilie
09-17-2014, 09:19 AM

For sure! Both avatars and signatures would be wonderful to have for forum users. :)
On the side note, I draw a little bit but am more of a Photoshop junky. How about you?

Kashika
09-17-2014, 10:01 AM

Yes.

I've been in other games where their forums started out similarly. They didn't enable avatars and signature images until later, after launch and more pressing issues were addressed. They already have it set up, you can see in the settings there is a tab to upload an avatar for forum posts, but it's simply not enabled yet. They'll probably get to it later.

Miss Ayalah
09-17-2014, 11:32 AM
+1 for having signature images. That is usually a big deal for me!

Emilie
09-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Yes.

I've been in other games where their forums started out similarly. They didn't enable avatars and signature images until later, after launch and more pressing issues were addressed. They already have it set up, you can see in the settings there is a tab to upload an avatar for forum posts, but it's simply not enabled yet. They'll probably get to it later.

I saw that too. :) Really hoping they'll switch it up once all the issues are delt with. I want to fancy up my posts!

+1 for having signature images. That is usually a big deal for me!

Same here! :) It was one of the first things I checked when I joined the forum haha.

Miss Ayalah
09-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Same here! :) It was one of the first things I checked when I joined the forum haha.

It would have been the first thing I checked too, but I saw this post first. Disappointed to hear, but hopefully they'll implement it soon ^^

Yaminn
09-17-2014, 03:24 PM
I'd really like avatars as well.

d0ugz
09-18-2014, 05:32 AM
For sure! Both avatars and signatures would be wonderful to have for forum users. :)
On the side note, I draw a little bit but am more of a Photoshop junky. How about you?

i draw on paint tool sai, i'm a beginner tho, :p
hope to share some drawings later :D

Osha
09-18-2014, 05:38 AM
I study drawing in University. Did anybody need an artist? :P

Emilie
09-18-2014, 09:20 AM
i draw on paint tool sai, i'm a beginner tho, :p
hope to share some drawings later :D

Do you have a Deviantart account? If not, it's a good place to store your images and maybe eventually get good exposure for them :).

Lilico
09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'd really like avatars and signatures to be enabled too :3

drug
09-18-2014, 01:59 PM
I think it would be a great way to add fun to the forums if we are allowed avatars and signatures!

Emilie
09-18-2014, 02:07 PM
For sure! Signatures are a great way to get the community together as well. It opens a door for contests, graphics 'shops' for in-game currency, and a whole other spectrum of great things. :)

Kinyo
10-30-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm bumping this because it'd be awesome if we could it enabled.