PDA

View Full Version : Queue time needs to be fixed

phoenixfire88
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
As the title says. 3-4 hours in a queue is just un-♥♥♥♥ing-acceptable

Viper717
09-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Are you patron or non-patron?
I mean at this point it doesn't make much of a difference i couldn't get in at all yesterday even with my patron account. I for one was expecting problems yesterday, but not quite to the extent that we're seeing.

Linni
09-17-2014, 08:10 AM
I know patrons from my guild who are stuck in 3 hour queues
It seems like almost every single day this server just gets hit so hard

LarkAA
09-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Queues will improve over time. Prefer healthier servers to healthier queues.
At least we know the server will be busy with people to play with. Just gotta plan ahead and take your spot before you do anything.

Viper717
09-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Queues will improve over time. Prefer healthier servers to healthier queues.
At least we know the server will be busy with people to play with. Just gotta plan ahead and take your spot before you do anything.

I really wish it was this simple, see my post here.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?45116-QueueAge-the-Massively-Multiplayer-Online-Queue-Waiting-Game&p=532144&viewfull=1#post532144

TheDudeOfGaming
09-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Started waiting in queue 3 hours and a half ago, the queue was around 3600 iirc. Now I'm down to 1981. HALF WAY THERE... kind of. This queue is way worse than the one Neverwinter had on release. But hey at least it shows people are really interested in the game, so that's good.

Oh and I'm non-patron, can't complain.

SteveT
09-17-2014, 12:23 PM
I agree.....They can start by allowing the same online labour regeneration, offline. This will hopefully get some people offline, who are circumventing the AFK kick timer.

Anarch
09-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I've been waiting as a patron for about an hour and a half, after seeing still a little over 1000 people ahead I just gave up.... better things to do. (though I'm a little peeved about wasting patron time I've paid for with queues)

Reading about you guys waiting 3hrs. plus to get in... you must really want to play lol.

Orshe
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Where there's a will there's a way.

Remote desktop into your computer hours before you'll be home, and login for the queue. It takes a minute of your time and by the time you're home and ready to play your character is logged in and ready to go.

Dufer
09-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Remote desktop into your computer hours before you'll be home, and login for the queue. It takes a minute of your time and by the time you're home and ready to play your character is logged in and ready to go.

Why'd you have to tell everyone :(

Dreyrugr01
09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Queues will improve over time as people quit playing because of queues. I do not have time to sit in a 3 hour queue on a 2 hour lunch, or sit in a 3 hour queue after work when I have to be back at work 12 hours later. Queues period are unacceptable, its 2014, why are we still sitting in queues like its 1999. Stop being cheap and provide the resources necessary to deliver the product that people are paying for, yes I said paying for. Someone puts money into the game for patron status, even if its the guy that sells "Apex" on the AH. Fix it or lose money. Your call. This is a great game, with alot of potential. There already isn't enough land to go around, worse than in alpha. This game isn't like other MMOs, and cannot be treated like other MMOs.

RyanJ
09-17-2014, 03:17 PM

I find this perfectly acceptable after paying $150 for a game... NOT

Orshe
09-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm just pointing this easy, and convenient method out to these plebs who would rather sit here and complain than figure out a solution.

Dreyrugr01
09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Isn't a matter of a work around at the player level. The issue is the fact that it should be handled by Trion. It is unacceptable that there is any kind of queue with the tech we have today.

Roads
09-17-2014, 03:36 PM
ive been in a q since i went into work >.> at 8 this morning.... my patron status will be over with before i can even get to 50

Class Donkey
09-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Every MMO is like this at launch, wait for the hype to die down. There is really nothing to complain about.

JigglyButtCheeks
09-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Haha... What happens if the hype never dies down 0_o??? But yeah, atleast they have a que time. Imagine the amount of people would be spam clicking to join if there wasn't one haha.

Wotah
09-18-2014, 06:13 AM

BOOM! There it is. Nice!

Fiesta
09-18-2014, 06:31 AM
9 am in the morning and there is over 1 hour Queue time on Kyrios!!! You gotta be kidding me..... Something needs to be done, too many people afking in games with macros running in circle not getting booted or afking on champ select to avoid the big queue...

BTW, yes im patron.

Trion pls...

Tak
09-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I never have a problem with the queue. I have patron so when I get home i queue up and do some jobs around the house then I'm in character select in about an hour.

Viper717
09-18-2014, 06:50 AM
9 am in the morning and there is over 1 hour Queue time on Kyrios!!! You gotta be kidding me..... Something needs to be done, too many people afking in games with macros running in circle not getting booted or afking on champ select to avoid the big queue...

BTW, yes im patron.

Trion pls...

Yeah its really insane, booting people for being AFK on the char select screen should go a long way with the queue times a lot and if they implement a better method of AFK detection, say, if your toon doesn't leave X radius in Y time kick for AFK regardless of key input.

But yes, the queue times are out of control, i waited 4.5hrs last night with a 2400 patron queue to get in.

Pang
09-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Isn't a matter of a work around at the player level. The issue is the fact that it should be handled by Trion. It is unacceptable that there is any kind of queue with the tech we have today.

and yet here we sit. Point is we can only control things on our side, we can't march over to Trion studio and fix their servers or make them better. So instead of pouting at my keyboard or spamming the forums with repeated whine threads people are doing whatever they can to play the game. Using remote desktop or just leaving your PC on and waiting and staying in the character select screen. Its certainly not ideal and fully aware its actually adding to the problem, but if you're on a limited time to play you don't really have a choice.

SteveT
09-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Trion are also adding to the issue by not communicating a solution or their vision.

Information is important and right now the player base do not have any concrete information on what the publisher can do, may do, will or will not do in order to remedy the unacceptable queue times.

I have no confidence in their AFK kick timers, they have already proved to be ineffective.

I think a good place to start is by making offline labour regeneration equal to being online...or even reverse it......that will be a practical incentive to free up server space.

Strings
09-18-2014, 10:53 PM
i payed 150 to play but i can't even get in ;_;

Mercs
09-18-2014, 11:13 PM
I never have a problem with the queue. I have patron so when I get home i queue up and do some jobs around the house then I'm in character select in about an hour.

I am patron as well, with an archeum founder pack, yet I have not been in a queue less than 2 hours since tuesday. I should mention I have been logging on around 11pm each night after 14+ hour work days and I want to play an hour or two before bed, and I am hitting queues of 2 hours minimum basically making it impossible to play the game. I've had others log me on hours ahead of time but I am still in queue or I have been dropped by the server each time I've gotten home. I can't even log in to pop my labor pots in time :\

Valeyard
09-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Is there any mention of this issue being worked on? I've started my queue around 15h30-16h it's 3:20 now, almost 12h of queue and I have no idea how long it will be before I get dc'd or kicked. Also is this situation still happening? http://puu.sh/bF3dE/d52d481062.jpg

snowmaru
09-19-2014, 02:08 AM
If Trion can't increase server capacity, some guild need to move out if there's new server announced. I hope Trion can implement free transfer. That's the only way to handle this overcrowdedness in our server. Of course, it will be better if Trion could increase server capacity to 50% but i don't know if such thing is possible.

Morgana
09-19-2014, 02:12 AM
We've got more servers on the way, which should help alleviate the strain:

1) Yes, more hardware is on its way to helping you! We're still aiming to strike the balance between short and long term and we know with certainty that more hardware is needed for both. We've heard both the "more servers" and "no more servers" crowds, and are certain we need to take steps toward more. I'm happy to share that the next round of hardware landed with our team in Texas this morning.

From our CEO's update, here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

As for the other requests-- notably free character transfers-- the team is aware of what the players want, and we'll continue to pass that info on to them.

Ragnek
09-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Are you patron or non-patron?
I mean at this point it doesn't make much of a difference i couldn't get in at all yesterday even with my patron account. I for one was expecting problems yesterday, but not quite to the extent that we're seeing.

Today (19th Sept.) I have been queuing for over 4 hours... from about 1am - over 1800 in the queue and I am now down to 44th, being told I will still have another hour to wait. Friends I know are getting up in the morning, turning their PC's on and going to login, then going to work and coming home 9 hours later having only just logged in... we are all patrons, we were in the Alpha together. Most of my patron status is being used up in login queues! I have spent more time queuing than I have playing the damn game!

Veggie
09-19-2014, 04:39 AM
6am Central time, already 3k people in queue. Welp I'm going to play in a different server.

Gustavok
09-19-2014, 06:12 AM
I've been in queue for almost 12 hours, I am now at position 200 in the queue.

Fiesta
09-19-2014, 08:43 AM

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

As for the other requests-- notably free character transfers-- the team is aware of what the players want, and we'll continue to pass that info on to them.

We need server transfer to go with those new servers. Otherwise the queue time on Kyrios wont go down at all. Everyone is pretty deep into the game already and dont want to just restart from scratch.

Ragnek
09-19-2014, 09:47 AM
We need server transfer to go with those new servers. Otherwise the queue time on Kyrios wont go down at all. Everyone is pretty deep into the game already and dont want to just restart from scratch.

For those with farms or land and housing I would say just tell them to return the plan to the mail box so that they can landgrab on a new server when theyre transferred.

Mercs
09-19-2014, 01:51 PM

New servers won't fix afkers causing the queue to steadily get longer and move slower every day, we need new player caps on full servers and capacity increases. New servers and free transfers isn't enough. Also labor should Regan at 10 offline and 5 online, not the way it currently is.

PCRenegade
09-19-2014, 03:33 PM
New servers won't fix afkers causing the queue to steadily get longer and move slower every day, we need new player caps on full servers and capacity increases. New servers and free transfers isn't enough. Also labor should Regan at 10 offline and 5 online, not the way it currently is.

Couldn't agree more.

Give people an incentive to log off. In WOW it was rested xp. I do see why they did what they did
Because of the free to play accounts. If you regenerated labor offline you could make 100you free accounts and then just systematically farm with labor while your offline accounts regened it.

I think swap out the patrons labor regen, but keep free players how they are, or allow them to regen offline too, but with a cap on how much they can regen in a day while offline. I could live with that.

The queues are a massive issue right now. I've been in most major MMO launch since 2004 and people talk about the FFXIV with nolstagia compared to this. As is, this game is amazing, but the queue system and communication by Trion have been really shoddy. Id love to see a daily news release from Trion. I know their busy, but mayne their community managers could ten or so minutes away from trying to do pinpoint damage control and give us some communcation. We live in the age where your audience is massive and all you have to do is load something up on youtube or your website. Bam, done.

Zir
09-19-2014, 09:13 PM
ya i started at noon today at 3200, im 320 now lol

DancingShade
09-19-2014, 10:31 PM
5.5 hours in the queue as a patron, started over 3600 and currently 859. If I didn't have land I'd move servers.

So I'm thinking at this point we're probably owed a re-credit or bonus amount of patron time as compensation right?

frostnight98
09-19-2014, 10:48 PM
I started at 4:40 pm and I'm still at 1,342...

Well at least this forces me to be semi productive in real life.... xD

Gandrik
09-20-2014, 05:35 AM

So you know we need character transfers to leave the server and ease up the queues yet we just get more servers that we cannot access either due to not wanting to re-roll or not being able to delete characters.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00445/news-graphics-2007-_445714a.jpg