PDA

View Full Version : Queue times not even funny????!?!?!

Isenthebrave
09-17-2014, 08:34 AM
I know this game has just been released, and the head start was iffy as anything, almost a waste of time for me, I know others got lucky, but plenty didn't.

Great job on releasing more servers too, I did contemplate re/rolling just to avoid large queues.

Typically I work all day, and am unable to play during the early hours when there is no queues, but this is a bit too long?

I come home from work and queue 3-4 hours to play a game, man it zaps the fun out of it especially if your also waiting on a friend to join too :(

Eventually when I get on-line, I feel I don't even have much time to manage my farm for further progression in the game.

Before people start getting on at me i.e ( SHUT UP THE GAME IS JUST RELEASED, This game is free to play etc etc) I would just like some sort of reasonable solution to this please.

Isen

Crinaz
09-17-2014, 08:50 AM
yeah the queue times are ridiculous

kerk66
09-17-2014, 08:56 AM
i agree with the op, and not i wont play on another server because my friends are here and i wont play alone

Isenthebrave
09-17-2014, 09:01 AM
i agree with the op, and not i wont play on another server because my friends are here and i wont play alone

You shouldn't have too, Its a MMO so its only normal for you to want to play with your friends, but unless you can synchronise when you and your friends log on, it makes it almost impossible to play with them due to excessively large queues.

Isen

Asenko
09-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Stuck behind an hour long queue...and whats crazy is all the servers have these queues...I really hope they don't start adding servers like crazy as it will mean a merge later on

Tokidoki
09-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Over 5000 in the queue right now, quite impossible to play if you dont log in in the middle of the day...

Kyriogu
09-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Over 5000 in the queue right now, quite impossible to play if you dont log in in the middle of the day...

Actually I queue'd up at 11:30 this morning and I'm still waiting to get in now, I think if you want to get in fast you'd have to queue between 07:00 - 08:00 in the morning (GMT +1 for me).

FlashYeQ
09-17-2014, 09:55 AM
4000--->1720 ( I'm waiting for six hours )

Gorma
09-17-2014, 10:14 AM
1. Came home from work: queue position ~4000
2. Went to the shop to buy patron status to speed things up.(wanted to be patron anyways)
3. Realizing you need to relogg to activate patron status
4. Relogged now queue position ~5000
5. Realized patron status will only activate after logging in
6. Went to teh grocery store for 1h
7. Came back to see im in position 4500
8. Ate something
9. Came back and realized my client just closed without any error
10. Retried to log in, now position 5000 again
11. 2h later position 4050
12. Realized I will login in 8h
13. kk thx bb

btw: can't even connect to another server because I created 2 chars on kyprosa yesterday -.-

Malfious
09-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Been queueing for the past 3 hours, 161 still ahead of me, think I'll stop playing until they fix this ♥♥♥♥.

Crinaz
09-17-2014, 11:34 AM
http://www11.pic-upload.de/16.09.14/3wo6fl8jlhx.jpg

some guys posted this on general forums

queue of 17k

Gorma
09-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Smells like fake. Never encountered estimated time > 1h. It caps at >1h. Just sayin

zero80472
09-17-2014, 12:04 PM
been in a queue for 9 hours now

i want my ♥♥♥♥ing money back NOW or i will be getting a chargeback

Reav
09-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Been going to bed early and waking up early to counter this :)

Salamol
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, this is stupid, a friend of mine got his GF to log him in at 4pm. He got home from work at 6, but has only just got on at 8:15... 4 hours and 15 minutes is ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

Syfes
09-18-2014, 07:35 AM
This is why I started using remote desktop. Log in from work around 2-3 PM > get in queue > come home around 6 PM and hopefully don't have to wait much longer to play. Didn't work for me yesterday, client crashed when I was n 460 or so in queue.... very annoying indeed.

Monde
09-18-2014, 07:39 AM
I cannot believe these queues for Patrons. I was in the queue for 4 hours yesterday and was dropped at number 296. Today I got to 900 odd and was dropped now at 2518.

So yes I did pay $150 to sit in the queue because it is sooo much fun.

I don't have an issue withe the queue's but getting dropped and going to the back and Patrons being seen as FTP is just amateur in my eyes.

Noha
09-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Being on a Queue for like 30 minutes is silly but waiting more than 6hrs to play a game i paid for is just ridiculous

Asenko
09-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Being on a Queue for like 30 minutes is silly but waiting more than 6hrs to play a game i paid for is just ridiculous

Believe me I hate these queues but paying for stuff and then not getting to access it due to populatirty is something we do all the time...so i find it interesting the outcry that happens when an MMO has queues...

An example I gave is when I ordered an iPhone 6, and paid for it. Im not getting it for at least 2 weeks...that sucks lol but its just very popular...likewise you may not get into a really hyped movie you want at a certain time or you might have a wait a long time in a queue for a super popular rollacoster.

Its not something new, yet we expect instant access to servers which as with everything i've mentioned above have a finite value, the spaces are limited on those servers just as they're are limited iPhones,movie seats and rollacoster seats. And then when you look at the demand for those things you come to the conclusion someone is going to miss out.

EDIT: Don't mind me I just had an expresso and am a little hyper!

zmeya
09-18-2014, 08:07 AM
more servers + biggest cap at all servers + only subscriber server where there arent f2p ppl to fill the server at max and those who payed are just watching outside 10h Q ... ♥♥♥ this ♥♥♥♥

Bellophoron
09-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Believe me I hate these queues but paying for stuff and then not getting to access it due to populatirty is something we do all the time...so i find it interesting the outcry that happens when an MMO has queues...

An example I gave is when I ordered an iPhone 6, and paid for it. Im not getting it for at least 2 weeks...that sucks lol but its just very popular...likewise you may not get into a really hyped movie you want at a certain time or you might have a wait a long time in a queue for a super popular rollacoster.

Its not something new, yet we expect instant access to servers which as with everything i've mentioned above have a finite value, the spaces are limited on those servers just as they're are limited iPhones,movie seats and rollacoster seats. And then when you look at the demand for those things you come to the conclusion someone is going to miss out.

EDIT: Don't mind me I just had an expresso and am a little hyper!

wrong: I paid for my founder status right after the open beta, then i had to wait to get into the headstart and now i'm still waiting to play.
To you this translates as: you payed for your iphone, wait two weeks and then have to join a queue again to get your phone working.
Rollercoaster: you bought tickets, wait in queue for ride and then have to wait sitting in the ride for another 2 hours before it launches. Movietheatre: you stand in line for popcorn, tickets to have to stand in line again to sit down and see the movie, which is already playing.

Just saying, this game isn't no iphone/rollercoaster/moviethingy it's a game and it should be working on release.

Asenko
09-18-2014, 08:24 AM
wrong: I paid for my founder status right after the open beta, then i had to wait to get into the headstart and now i'm still waiting to play.
To you this translates as: you payed for your iphone, wait two weeks and then have to join a queue again to get your phone working.
Rollercoaster: you bought tickets, wait in queue for ride and then have to wait sitting in the ride for another 2 hours before it launches. Movietheatre: you stand in line for popcorn, tickets to have to stand in line again to sit down and see the movie, which is already playing.

Just saying, this game isn't no iphone/rollercoaster/moviethingy it's a game and it should be working on release.

Well I disagree, I think you can compare it to a phone. The phone is released right now, I can't get my hands on it as Im down in the queue waiting for supply to catch up to demand. Apple have my money and I'm left with nothing waiting for it.

Your looking at it as if your server spot is what you pay for, its not. Lets not forget what you and I are paying for, Patron status and Founder items(Including Alpha), all in game items and you don't pay for that spot. That spot is finite and the demand is many times greater than whats there so its reasonable to say you can't just expect to get instant access with massive demand.

This stuff happens all the time with popular products, games are rarely ready on release and its especially true with online games which come with some kind of physical limit (Server place / Quality).

Im just curious about it since I'm board at work right now :). Trion really should of known based on founder numbers what to expect so they should of had expanded the finite variable so the core of founders spread out but its too late for that now.

Nidory
09-18-2014, 08:36 AM
it sucks so harrd the last 4 days i cane only play 7 hours .

ryn
09-18-2014, 09:16 AM
I wanted to try this game so many are talking about, but ... yesterday i waited 8!! hours in the queue when I got disconnected (there were only about 2-3 hours left), then waited another 6 hours before I gave up. Today's situation seem to be pretty similar. Are there any news from Trion? It's ridiculous, and doesn't feel like something that's worth spending my time on. If the situation does not change, I can't take neither the game not its maintainer seriously. It's a joke that's not even funny as the title says.

There are way too many people wanting to play this game and way too few servers to play on, so without the intervention of Trion, I don't see it change much soon. Not to mention those people who are waiting for the queue times to become acceptable before actually starting to play. What do you think, will the situation change in a couple of days or weeks?

Is it just a bad miscalculation? A long term business model where they plan to keep the servers full as long as they can instead of maximizing the profit on a shorter term and increasing the cap on the servers and starting others? What do you think? Or am I just being too impatient after waiting tens of hours and not being to try this game out? I'm glad I haven't payed for this game yet, I would be quite mad.

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 09:33 AM
1700 in queue now, been waiting 2 hours and i've gone down roughly 1000, so see you all ingame in about 3 hours ^^

In other news i'm glad they made the max wait calculation as >1 hour otherwise it'd show like a 5-6 hour estimated wait time and i'd be crying. Thats the way to fix the problem, by not letting people know how long they're going to have to wait to join the server.

Meanwhile at Rips house:
http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p720/WNxRipvanwinkle1/SwMRRoG_zpsb4745b5f.jpg (http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/WNxRipvanwinkle1/media/SwMRRoG_zpsb4745b5f.jpg.html)

Manakeo
09-18-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm in the queue from 12pm and I still 1000+ people ... 6 and a half hours are a lot ... do something or you will lose many users

Okoi
09-18-2014, 09:44 AM
This is just unacceptable... They know they didn't have the server capacity before launching the game for the f2p player base, head start was a disaster and I'm sure everyone feels like they need compensating for being unable to play most of HS.. (except a the minority who don't seem to mind being mugged of their cash :S) also they can add as many new servers as they like but its unlikely anyone is gonna want to move after spending their credits on their server, friends, time and so on. Shame Trion really messed this up as I was confident it was going to be a good launch after OB went smooth as a nut, they had the figures of the paid player base and was unable to cope.. should be a law to stop companys over selling past their current capacity.

Isenthebrave
09-18-2014, 10:26 AM
should be a law to stop companys over selling past their current capacity.

I don't think a law should be made for this, I do however think Trion could have done a better job here, what about the non patron player? wow this queue must be terrible for them.

I notice from other threads players getting angry at the complaints saying its F2P get over it.

Well its not exactly F2P, some of us paid the full whack of 109.99 others paid the lesser, most probably to get a head start which for a lot of people failed to even get their patron status given to them which hindered them even more.

You can also pay the added extra for patron status (11.99 a month?) to get all the added extras, of which I am currently not benefiting from any of them, I have a maxed out labor pool 5000/5000 simply because I cant get on quick enough to even spend some of it to let it regenerate while offline at 5 per 5 mins.

I cant get on quick enough to place my farm/house down now pretty much all the land is now taken and very very hard to find, so I spend the the very little time I have looking for a spot to place my farm which requires patron status.

I think this game is amazing, and I'm clearly not the only one (hence the huge queues) but never have I queued this long for a game, its just totally impractical.

At the very least as I'm not currently getting to use a product I paid for I would expect a partial refund/extended patron status until this gets better.

Isen

Reav
09-18-2014, 10:34 AM
480 in queue atm.
Been in queue for 4 hours 30.
Think its due to not being a patron now due to their ♥♥♥♥ up.
Oh well.

Isenthebrave
09-18-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm 553 in queue with patron status for just over 4 hours too.

Hooray ;)

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 10:45 AM
So I log in 3 hours ago, 2700 in queue...1200 to go...

And then on teamspeak3 my buddy says he got into the game instantly because he just left his game on character select screen and the game didn't kick him (Only a character can go afk not an account)...
Call me the devil but I have no intention of ever leaving the game again, I refuse to wait roughly 6 hours to play the game, If I have to strap my cat into a harness and dangle it over my keyboard to get it to touch the keys then i'll do that.

Fix yo ♥♥♥♥ Trion

Branwulf
09-18-2014, 10:47 AM

And then on teamspeak3 my buddy says he got into the game instantly because he just left his game on character select screen and the game didn't kick him (Only a character can go afk not an account)...
Call me the devil but I have no intention of ever leaving the game again, I refuse to wait roughly 6 hours to play the game, If I have to strap my cat into a harness and dangle it over my keyboard to get it to touch the keys then i'll do that.

Fix yo ♥♥♥♥ Trion

Heard this as well, GUESS WHAT I'M DOING WHEN I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW.

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Heard this as well, GUESS WHAT I'M DOING WHEN I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW.

See, I know it's bad but thats the only way to actually play the game if you have a job like me and you, it wasn't to bad when I could log in at say 11am and get in with little to no queue.

But also it's sad because everyone leaving their character on character select screen is probably half of the problem... but it's the only way to survive in this harsh unforgiving world...

Isenthebrave
09-18-2014, 10:54 AM
See, I know it's bad but thats the only way to actually play the game if you have a job like me and you, it wasn't to bad when I could log in at say 11am and get in with little to no queue.

But also it's sad because everyone leaving their character on character select screen is probably half of the problem... but it's the only way to survive in this harsh unforgiving world...

Well that's Trions fix, put a auto time out on AA, including the character selection screen.

This would drastically reduce queue times.

Isen

Monde
09-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Well that's Trions fix, put a auto time out on AA, including the character selection screen.

This would drastically reduce queue times.

Isen

Agreed. It would help a lot

Reav
09-18-2014, 12:31 PM

Fix yo ♥♥♥♥ Trion

Yeah I figured this out for my self on launch when the queues started as i went out for ages and left it on char select, it stayed like that for 3 hours...
Going to do that as much as i can too.

For me the worst ones are the ones AFKing with bots and macros IG to get the max labor.

cereneth
09-18-2014, 01:08 PM
what they should have done to easly fix this mess is give a bit more labor points if you log out in a town/tavern. this way alot of log off in a tavern. and ban people using a other way to keep there char logged in.

Salamol
09-18-2014, 11:52 PM
30~ minute queue before 8am BST. I'm not a happy bunny :(

Mertano
09-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Called my wife from work at 2pm to log is in. Werde anlegen to Play at 7pm

Arya Beth Stark
09-19-2014, 12:01 AM
wow .... an hour queue or longer ...

Krapfen
09-19-2014, 12:10 AM
So it's 9 a.m. now in germany on a workday and q was already 1 hour. Trion needs to react.

hiks
09-19-2014, 12:17 AM
So it's 9 a.m. now in germany on a workday and q was already 1 hour. Trion needs to react.

first time since launch that this has happened. thought they increased the cap .... whoot whoot 24 hour a day queues

Arya Beth Stark
09-19-2014, 12:47 AM
950 to 441 in 1 hour, yay

Pure
09-19-2014, 12:49 AM
i haven't even been able to play the game the past two nights...i come home from work and my quies are about at 7 hours. So much for patrons having priority anymore over free players. :(

Laoche
09-19-2014, 12:53 AM
Living the queue life.
It will probably just get worse and worse since everyone who gets inside will refuse to close the game, ever.

Krapfen
09-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Queue Simulator 2014
But seriously they have to either change the labor system or they need to find a way to kick people out of the game that are in character select or afk riding in circles

Cruisefix
09-19-2014, 01:28 AM
for some reason it is getting weirder day by day?
During Headstart we had a fairly packed Queue but Q wouldn't start before 2pm GMT
Now it's 9 AM GMT and already 700 people.

silbe
09-19-2014, 05:35 AM
i hate this **** queue
waiting for hours in a queue is not gaming, less gaming is no fun.
feels like it's getting more whorse every day

Dragonskull
09-19-2014, 05:40 AM
5hrs in queue now... startet from 1225 at 9:40am CEST (UTC+2)... And I'm hanging around at 343 now... Pretty much exactly 100(!) places per hour atm (measured from 13:40-14:40)... this is ridiculous!!!

Dragonskull
09-19-2014, 06:40 AM
UPDATE: Next hour gone, so total of 6 hrs now... New place: 233 --> 110/hr... c'mon...

Isenthebrave
09-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Its moving at a snails pace, i called my wife at 11:00 am (GMT) to log me in its now almost 17:00 (GMT) and now at 109, so probably another hour to go ha.....ha....ha well this is fun

Cadlig
09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
i would say, well this is just a game and this is what is to be expected on start, but well alot of us did give money to this company trion, and now is the second day i will not be able to play because of long queque wait times ( at 16:00 gmt+1 3194). i think that whole thing is a big nap. they took our money goodbye ....

Lyse20
09-19-2014, 12:04 PM
i can understand long queue on opening days/headstart but when you pass 3h you are doing something wrong. when i were playing FF ARR i never expirience more then 3h queues and that was the day the server opened(even in closed beta)
they will lose A LOT of people of they dont fix this FAST