PDA

View Full Version : [EU - Aier] <LIBERATUM> A Pan-European casual Archeage Guild for older players

Lathron
09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Liberatum was formed by a small group of friends who have played together in many previous MMO games.
What makes us different to the myriad of other gaming communities is our approach and attitude.
We are all 30+ adults who have our own lives, commitments and responsibilities outside of gaming. We come to MMO games for a brief respite from the pressures of real life, and not to create new additional pressures.
We promote a drama-free, hassle-free environment where the preferred mantra is "toleration, patience, acceptance and enjoyment."

If you are a mature gamer (30+), and are looking for a home in ArcheAge alongside like minded players, then we would love to hear from you.

As this is a new game our initial goals are quite simple. Explore, experience and enjoy what content the game has to offer. This may take the form of leveling, gathering, crafting, PvE content, open workd PvP and other pursuits.
We are particularly interested in performing and supporting trade runs as a Guild, developing community housing, farming and crafting infrastructures and we share an Anti-PK philosophy.

Whilst Guild labels are often vague and misleading, we would describe ourselves as a casual social Guild with modest future progressive ambitions.
We will never be a hardcore raiding guild as the kind of time required for such endeavors far exceeds what we have to invest.
That said, we still have a strong desire to achieve and to make the most of the time that we have to spend in game.
We also believe that keeping a guild to a modest size emphasises the feeling of community, as opposed to large sprawling guilds that lose the personal touch.

Liberatum are:

* A mature "Archeage" Guild with a focus on enjoying Archeage in a casual PVE | PVP environment.
* Family men and women with jobs, kids, husbands and wives who understand the real priorities in life.
* Casual, relaxed and looking to treat the game as a respite from work not a second job!
* Tolerant, patient, accepting and welcoming
* A Guild for older players
* A Guild for English speaking players from across Europe
* A Medium sized Guild of around 75 players

Liberatum are not:

* Hardcore raiders, Hardcore PvPers or Roleplayers.
* A large sprawling impersonal Guild where members are numbers rather than names.
* Demanding all of your spare time and insisting on participation in events.
* A multi game community - we're here for ArcheAge.
* A Guild for kids

Liberatum are playing the West Faction on the Aier EU server.

Achievements To Date:

* A modest number of Naval assets (see image below)
* A Guild Island shared with our allies including Guild HQ (image to follow)
* Regular intercontinental and domestic trade runs
* Regular Dungeon and PvP activities
* Guild Alliance with other like minded communities

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/818488/module_gallery/original/2052109.jpg
Liberatum Fleet Assembling Prior To Naval Operation

A website has been set up, and Teamspeak Voice comms is also available for members who wish to use it - though this is by no means compulsory.
If you would like to know more please feel free to contact us, or apply to join at http://liberatum.enjin.com/ if you are already convinced!

smogzy
09-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Everything I'm looking for in a guild but....

Your playing on the West Side :(

Way to established now to swap over, guess I'll see you all on the battlefield!! :)

Yag
09-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Now this is a truly appealing proposal. :cool: Kudos to you people!
Shall I ping you in-game (if we ever get to beat the queue that is...) or is there an HR department for these matters? ;)

Lathron
09-18-2014, 04:09 AM
@ smodgzy - feel free to consider rolling a west side alt!
@ Yag - guild website is the best place to contact us initially - and I see you already have! Welcome aboard!

mahoraz
09-18-2014, 05:44 AM
id join but i play firran... perhaps ill roll an elf later

Etcher
09-18-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't normally join guilds but even I'm tempted by this, being a 48 year old solo crafter type. But I too am on the east side.

Arcos
09-18-2014, 07:10 AM
I'm sorry to be extremely vague but I only managed to get my first proper playing time as a F2P last night and haven't decided once and for all whether AA is the game for me. It all looked very good once I managed to get on and I would like to play on Aier as first preference. However, last night it seemed easier with no queue to sample the game by making my first character on a US server. The queue for Aier by the time I got home was already in the thousands and I couldn't face it.

Once the queues settle down Liberatum sounds just the sort of guild for an old codger like me. I've never been hard core indeed I prefer to solo quest but am happiest when in a guild and prepared to craft or whatever to support others. I've dabbled in other games (RIFT, Vanguard, DCO) but my main for the last 10 years has been EQ2. I'll try to make an application via your excellent web site when I get home as it seems to think my home email address is already registered so I need to reset my password. Were you ever in RIFT?

Arcos
09-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Ah - it seems that Enjin recognises me. Turns out I was registered with them as Hesperides.

Lathron
09-18-2014, 08:48 AM
id join but i play firran... perhaps ill roll an elf later

You know what they say....West is Best :P

Lathron
09-18-2014, 08:49 AM
I don't normally join guilds but even I'm tempted by this, being a 48 year old solo crafter type. But I too am on the east side.
If you decide to roll an alt, we'd love to hear from you.

Lathron
09-18-2014, 08:51 AM
I'll try to make an application via your excellent web site when I get home as it seems to think my home email address is already registered so I need to reset my password. Were you ever in RIFT?
Look forward to receiving your app. I was in Rift personally, in a similar type of Guild called In Nomine Mortis.

Etcher
09-18-2014, 11:11 AM
If you decide to roll an alt, we'd love to hear from you.

I have wondered about rolling an alt west side. Am I correct in thinking you can send items and money to your enemy faction character?

Lathron
09-18-2014, 01:18 PM
I have wondered about rolling an alt west side. Am I correct in thinking you can send items and money to your enemy faction character?

I'm not entirely sure - but I believe so.

Judi
09-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Hi there, i just applied on your website and hope to be invited when i get home from work, will be around 17.30 CET

Quiel
09-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Added an app on the site, but looking forward to chatting ingame :D In game name is Quiel, app is under username Tin. Give me an invite to any groups etc that are ingame at the mo if you can :D

Lathron
09-19-2014, 06:52 AM
@ Judi - welcome aboard. In game invite coming later on.
@ Quiel - no app showing up under the name Tin or Quiel at the moment! You might want to check in your "My Apps" section to see if it actually submitted!

Quiel
09-19-2014, 07:27 AM
Musn't have gone through, redone it now :)

Rheyan
09-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Sounds like just what I am looking for! I have applied at your site :-)

Lathron
09-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all your interest - unfortunately we have had to close recruitment for now due to the sheer volume of applications!
We will look at re-starting in the near future.
Watch this space!

Shantar
09-21-2014, 04:53 AM
Awww, I got all excited, sounds like my perfect guild, opened up the web site while reading the rest of the posts and then boom, recruitment closed. I'll keep an eye out for it to re-open or feel free to nudge me in a pm that recruitment is open again if you have time. :)

off3nc3
09-21-2014, 01:58 PM
For all the grandpas and grandmas. Sounds peachy :)

Salamendro
09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi just applied on the site but on the name of Selensis. My IG name is Gilder.
Hope to see you soon guys :)

Lathron
09-23-2014, 05:20 AM
@ Shantar - sorry about that, but there was a veritable stampede of applications and we had to close the doors to draw breath! Hope to restart recruitment again in the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out, and I will update this post when we do.

@off3nc3 - not sure there are actually any grandpas or grandmas here - 30's and 40's predominantly, so we would be pretty young for grandparents! :p

@ Salamendro - thanks for your app, but as we have said we are currently not taking in any more new members for a little while to give us chance to get to know those who have joined. Watch this thread for further updates.

Baz59
09-23-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm most likely going to apply when recruitment opens up again Lathron I fit the criteria perfectly, Just one question for you from what I've read it seems like Liberatum is a very go it alone do your own thing type of guild, Do you help with things like trade runs to the East if possible.

Lathron
09-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm most likely going to apply when recruitment opens up again Lathron I fit the criteria perfectly, Just one question for you from what I've read it seems like Liberatum is a very go it alone do your own thing type of guild, Do you help with things like trade runs to the East if possible.
I would have to disagree with that observation. We are certainly not a "go it alone do your own thing" type of guild per se, but we dont mind if thats what you want to do. Trade runs and commerce is very much alive and well as a Guild team effort for those that wish to partake and this is something that we will be encouraging as time goes on - along with may other facets that ArcheAge has to offer.
That said, we are casual enough not to force people to get involved if they would rather potter about on their own most of the time.
Everyone has the choice! :)

Baz59
09-23-2014, 02:50 PM
I would have to disagree with that observation. We are certainly not a "go it alone do your own thing" type of guild per se, but we dont mind if thats what you want to do. Trade runs and commerce is very much alive and well as a Guild team effort for those that wish to partake and this is something that we will be encouraging as time goes on - along with may other facets that ArcheAge has to offer.
That said, we are casual enough not to force people to get involved if they would rather potter about on their own most of the time.
Everyone has the choice! :)

Marvellous glad to hear it, I shall apply when recruitment opens, Thanks for the reply

hodders67
09-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Hi Guys,

I know your applications are closed for now. I applied on the website a few days ago asking to be considered after you open your doors again before you closed the application app on the website. This was under the name of Grimalain which I am registered under on Enjin. my characters name in AA is Grimandrus. I love crafting, trade, i'm very rusty on PvP but that goes with my age lol. I basically love anything team/social related. Ived played many MMO's since 1999 when I stumbled on EQ1 which I played for about 7-8 years. Hope to see you guys in game :)

Grimandrus
aka Hodders real life level 46 IT Manager from Manchester UK

Lathron
09-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I know your applications are closed for now. I applied on the website a few days ago asking to be considered after you open your doors again before you closed the application app on the website. This was under the name of Grimalain which I am registered under on Enjin. my characters name in AA is Grimandrus. I love crafting, trade, i'm very rusty on PvP but that goes with my age lol. I basically love anything team/social related. Ived played many MMO's since 1999 when I stumbled on EQ1 which I played for about 7-8 years. Hope to see you guys in game :)

Grimandrus
aka Hodders real life level 46 IT Manager from Manchester UK

Yep - we have your application on hold for the moment.
If you check your "My Applications" section on Enjin you will see any comments we have posted under your app.

hodders67
09-24-2014, 05:09 AM
cheers Lathron :)

Lathron
09-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Recruitment is now Open once again, but only a few spots available so will close once those are filled.

http://liberatum.enjin.com/

Ansgar
09-27-2014, 01:26 AM
You've got mail; - I patiently waited for you folks to reopen:o

Lathron
09-27-2014, 06:57 AM
You've got mail; - I patiently waited for you folks to reopen:o
Hi Ansgar.
There is no application showing on the website - you might want to try sending it again!

Drysyn
09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
me and a friend both put applications in around 12-13 hours ago hope to hear something soon it sounds like the perfect guild for us and just what we are looking ffor

Lathron
09-30-2014, 12:02 AM
me and a friend both put applications in around 12-13 hours ago hope to hear something soon it sounds like the perfect guild for us and just what we are looking ffor
Hi there.
Both your apps have been approved.

For anyone else in the process of applying or intending to apply - please note that we have been inundated with interest once again, so do please be patient whilst we review each application. Currently this can take up to 48 hours, but we will respond as soon as we are able to.

Lathron
09-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Recruitment now Closed.
We will look at restarting once free spots become available.

Trond
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
This guild is what i am looking for in this game! I will wait patiently until a slot opens up! :)

Menaxe
10-01-2014, 05:33 AM
I have talked to one of your officers ingame, and am refreshing the guild page to see if it reopens...
Hop to join you soon

Lathron
10-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Recruitment now open again - but available spaces are strictly limited.

Lathron
10-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Recruitment still open - so if you are an older player looking for a home for your characters on Aier or are thinking of re-rolling from another realm visit our website to apply.

Guild Activity Update:
1. Our fleet is growing and now numbers in excess of 20 ships including 1 Galleon
2. We have a Guild community set up on an Island in conjunction with our allied Guild
3. We conduct anti-PK operations in conjunction with our allied Guild
4. We conduct regular trade runs en masse

Destro
10-15-2014, 04:26 PM
i just applied to the guild

Lathron
10-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Recruitment still open for a few more places.

About us: http://liberatum.enjin.com/page/818488/about
Apply: http://liberatum.enjin.com/recruitment

Lathron
10-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Recruitment still open for older players (30+).

Lathron
11-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Recruitment still open for older players (30+).

Lathron
11-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Added screenshot of Liberatum Fleet - more to follow.

Reymus
11-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Been looking for a good mature, casual guild for a while now and this one seems ideal, but my only issue is "... anti-PK operations..." how strict is this? As I do enjoy the PvP/PK aspects of this game.

Lathron
11-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Been looking for a good mature, casual guild for a while now and this one seems ideal, but my only issue is "... anti-PK operations..." how strict is this? As I do enjoy the PvP/PK aspects of this game.

What this means is that we strictly avoid targeting our own faction. In fact we go out of our way to defend our own faction and target PK's.
The only exceptions are (a) self defense or (b) in the cases of known griefers.