PDA

View Full Version : Population skewed?

Omxlol
09-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Hello there fellow Dahutians, I've been leveling up, mostly solo and hit 50 a few days ago.
I play an elf and a proud member of the Nuian faction.

However, it seems that the population of the server is heavily centered around the East faction?

In my time during leveling, I always felt that the zones were about 6-7 easterners for every westerner.
That notion became even clearer when you go to Hasla to look at weapons and get some farming done (If you can call the 3-5 mobs I've managed to tag farming.).

On every hour of the day, the East is just there with 30+ people, if not more, and no one from the west contesting it.
I've heard that VotF and other clans have managed to break the eastern occupation of that zone a few times, but in general it's just all reds for me, and not a single friendly there.

I know soloing in this game is hard, but my guildies are not heavily focused on leveling and I'm currently the only level 50 in my guild.

(In regards to Hasla farming, even during peace time, it's pretty impossible for me to get even a single mob tag, as these HUGE zerg guilds are just sitting on each of the areas in Hasla (east and west) and a small group of people have little to no chance of actual farming.)

So is the population of the server heavily skewed? Discuss below!

Best regards

Profro
09-18-2014, 02:08 AM
There is no zerg in ocean, I suggest you to try this attraction.

http://i.imgur.com/DXrZ3hC.gif

Raapnaap
09-18-2014, 02:16 AM
Yes I can verify from my own experience (confirming my pre-head start suspicions) that this server is currently very East-heavy.

This can be annoying while levelling, and as a west player you're pretty much screwed if you try to solo quest in a PvP zone, but at level 50 it should make for a target rich environment.

Juddy
09-18-2014, 08:36 AM
From what i heard from every player who hit 50 on the eastern faction (that i've talked to). There are always way more western players in the high lvl zones. If the population is skewed so that Eastern players are more in numbers... that sure doesnt show in the end game.

Wafalls
09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
What do you expect from Hasla? Its in East territory and smock full of housing/farms from the people that landrushed.

Kisala
09-18-2014, 03:27 PM
It's funny because as a Roleplayer I find there's more West Guilds being set up than Eastern ones. At least at the moment.

nighthawk999
09-19-2014, 12:13 PM
It's funny because as a Roleplayer I find there's more West Guilds being set up than Eastern ones. At least at the moment.

I'm sure the west will look forward to the lengthy negotiations that will ensue amongst the RP guilds before they decide to embark in a faction war.....

Rozenblood
09-19-2014, 12:55 PM
If you've ever been in Halcyona at war time you know it is totally the opposite, the Western faction is always like 3-5x more in numbers than the Eastern Faction.

Wafalls
09-19-2014, 01:53 PM
If you've ever been in Halcyona at war time you know it is totally the opposite, the Western faction is always like 3-5x more in numbers than the Eastern Faction.
... which is probably because Halcyona is on the western continent, easily accessable and about as meaningfull as the comment of more numerous easterners in Hasla.

Dervy
09-19-2014, 02:16 PM
... which is probably because Halcyona is on the western continent, easily accessable and about as meaningfull as the comment of more numerous easterners in Hasla.

Considering once you reach level 35+ on the Eastern Lands, you're taking a portal to Halcyona? Halcyona is just as easily accessible for Easterners.

Rozenblood
09-19-2014, 02:27 PM

See Dervy's reply.

The halcyona area is probably the one area you can estimate the playerbase on the two sides because this is "THE" area where you go and PvP when it is war, no matter if you're east or west.