PDA

View Full Version : Best Class?

MacNicol1
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Which class has the best benefits?why?

Mavol
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
which ever one you spend the most time with and most comfortable barring complete unbalanced gameplay that needs to be worked out heh

TrueHull
03-23-2014, 09:16 PM
there is no such thing as the best class. but i do feel like there are builds that are either way to hard to kill or just so OP, but when it comes to PVP no one man can win a war.

Palinore
03-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Those who stick together are better off.

EinGedi
03-23-2014, 10:56 PM
if u wanna be useful, make archer. Not every class can be good for a newbie player, read guides, and choose simple for u)

ArcheAge
03-24-2014, 01:11 AM
Ask yourself at first which ranged class you were best... Close/Ranged ? Ranged classes are looks like op in 1.0ver. but they always will be paper if you loose your range and face of your oppenent. I suggest you to watch tons of video about it. They'll show you the way i believe...

Aghorelia
03-24-2014, 01:17 AM
The classes will be based on how you are going to play ArcheAge.
Play solo or group can make up a bad class in a central pillar for the balance of a group.

This issue will debate, I PRESENTS :)

Sekkusu
03-24-2014, 02:12 AM
With 120 combinations there are bound to be classes that can be a little overwhelmingly good at what they do but due to their extreme nature and how terribly annoying they are to play against, for the sake of the server I won't be mentioning them on this forum.

Mordrake
03-24-2014, 06:05 AM
You only need a little walk in liberty island @ru servers to see which one is the most popular (ie best) class.

Saying this game has 120 viable combinations is deluding yourself because lot of them have 0 sinergy. Of course you can play whatever you want but you will be cannon fodder in the contested zones.

Sharpwind
03-24-2014, 07:31 AM
You only need a little walk in liberty island @ru servers to see which one is the most popular (ie best) class.

Saying this game has 120 viable combinations is deluding yourself because lot of them have 0 sinergy. Of course you can play whatever you want but you will be cannon fodder in the contested zones.
yea just like any other game there is a "meta" gotta agree with you there, but if practiced enough i think you can make most combinations work, havent had experienced playing in this game yet, but from what i've seen in other games some unorthodox can prove really fruitful :)

Kuro1n
03-24-2014, 07:35 AM
yea just like any other game there is a "meta" gotta agree with you there, but if practiced enough i think you can make most combinations work, havent had experienced playing in this game yet, but from what i've seen in other games some unorthodox can prove really fruitful :)

Some might work okay, problem is some others are a LOT stronger stealthy bursty nuker for example is quite sick. If you do not have a way to deal with that you will not have a fun time. Melee can get close and stunlock them until they are dead or archers kite them (stay out of their range). If you do not have one of these you are very likely to get ♥♥♥♥ed really bad and really fast.

aphelion
03-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I would expect the best class will change over time, like it does in every MMO. It's even harder to say in Trion's version because we have no idea if they will do some internal balancing or not. We also don't know how much they will take from the 1.0 patch.

No doubt there will be top-tier builds and those that are gimptastic.

Locket
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Whatever I'm playing. probably. xD!

Sekkusu
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

I said the same thing, but went into a different direction. In that 120 combinations there will be bad builds and there will also be good builds that excel at what they do.

Chernobog
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
I said the same thing, but went into a different direction. In that 120 combinations there will be bad builds and there will also be good builds that excel at what they do.
agreed. There will be "niche" builds that the "best builds" wont be able to touch in their respective niches.

SnapReflex
03-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Can anyone recommend a Rogue type architecture build that is powerful in 1v1 pvp?

Sekkusu
03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Can anyone recommend a Rogue type architecture build that is powerful in 1v1 pvp?

Something like this:

Fighter (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011111000011100117111001001010000021110001 001000110)

I'm too tired right now to go into much details but basically the class is pretty dominant in most 1v1 since you can lockdown most classes with your CC chain and deal a constant amount of dmg. If you're up for the hassle then you can even spam Instantaneous Impact on a mob until you nearly reach 20 Death-wish stacks and get behind your target to take more than half his HP from Perforation alone.

Fighter also excels in ganking as well. All you have to do is spam stealth to stalk your prey then go in when they're vulnerable and set up your Force Field blocking him from running away while pounding at him. Archers or Mages won't be able to kite you while inside the field or escape out by using their gliders coz you'll be pounding them constantly. Most melee assassins won't be able to kill you before you kill them. Tanks will deal no dmg to you once you get decent gears but you can stack Death-wishes and finish em if the fight is too drawn out.

Helladan
03-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Best class, hard to answers , cause every class as a way to be counter. If you want to be an Archer Hunter, you can . But dont forget, if you build yourself to counter Archer or range dps, you be weaker for another class.
It wil depend of the server population, and if you start playing whit all class and take time to understand the way you have to play whit. Dont forget one thing in the first version of the game you have 23 point and a possibility of 48 skill, that make a lot different build for each class, playing whit your active and passive skill , using combo and more...
Most important think is to know what kind of players u are, and them selected the proper class to your type of playing.

Bee
03-25-2014, 04:00 PM
One tree needs to be stealth.

Gilad
03-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I love the old school warrior class :)

PCRenegade
03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
It's already been said a ton of times in this thread, but it really comes down to the player. However with this in mind, one of my favorite sayings is "If you can't bring the biggest gun to the gunfight, bring more guns". Having friends really opens up what builds are viable and which aren't. Chances are in a game that's in a genre that has "Massive Multiplayer Online" in its name, you can "piggyback" off other player's builds to make yours stronger. If your planning on playing with your friends, try two or three classes that compliment each other. It's ok to be a glass cannon if you have a sword and board buddy absorbing all the damage. Your archer may not need to worry about melee in their face if you have a stun lock thief/rogue. Your strictly buff/debuff bard dude, who sucks at damage dealing, now becomes the key to victory.

This may not be exactly what your looking for, but I really do feel, building a better team far out benefits just focusing on building a better class. And of course, your not always going to have your friends around, but crippling defeats only sweeten our crushing victories :)