PDA

View Full Version : So lets do some calculations...(queue time calculation)

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 11:09 AM
So say you have a 9 to 5 job like most people.
That means you spend roughly 8 hours a day working
Say you work 5 days a week. That is 40 hours a week working (Reasonable ammount really).
Then you spend maybe an hour minimum traveling to an from work everyday, thats another 5 hours in the week so we're up to 45 hours a week.

If you sleep a normal ammount of time you'd probably average 7-8 hours of sleep a night. We'll go with 7.
7x7= 49 hours a week sleeping.

Now on weekends if you start gaming early enough you will have little or no queue to wait in so we won't count any queue times for saturday or sunday, but for the 5 days you work a week people are reporting an average of 5-6 hours wait in queue. I've got 1000 to go in my queue right now after 4 hours so lets say 6 hours is the average queue time if you get home at 3-5pm.
So over those 5 days if you play archeage everday you will be in queue for: 30 hours (only 10 hours short of it being a full time job... wow).

So out of the 168 hours a week if you have a job, sleep normally and whatnot you will have: 44 hours a week to play Archeage (Thats only if you spend all of Saturday and Sunday gaming on archeage, from dawn till dusk).

I'm starting to work out those queue times are pretty dire, and I'm a patron, I dread to think how long the average wait time for a F2P player is

thepreston
09-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Well I thought i would start out as f2p before I put any money into the game and I am so glad I haven't. I will wait to see what they do about this farce, but after being there for the launch of Defiance, my hopes aren't really that high. I really do feel for the people that put hard earned money into this game, and I hope it gets sorted soon for you all. :)

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 11:32 AM
What I don't understand is... There was 2 servers for Alpha, Alpha and Omega. How is it that we never ever had a queue before? We had NA all on Alpha and I think Omega was EU. But that was 1 server per continent, How is it we had no queues? Is that why it used to lag so badly? Because Trion set the server capacity to like 5 times what it is now?
I'm struggling to work out how everyone on 2 servers= no queue but everyone on like 12 servers= 3000 queue per server...

Branwulf
09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I calculated that if they ban everyone in Impact there won't be any queues.

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 11:54 AM
I calculated that if they ban everyone in Impact there won't be any queues.

Really? I hear someone from Germany has a 17,000th spot in queue right now... See him in roughly 4 days ^^

Monde
09-18-2014, 02:08 PM
I logged in for the 3rd time when I got home from work....first 2 were via Team Viewer. Currently will be in the queue until midnight.

james1202
09-18-2014, 02:21 PM
lol photoshop is clearly strong in that queue. there is no 17k queue. none the less Hydra being booted would make some spots, maybe move to the RP server, you can have more fun there :)

Fosona
09-18-2014, 02:23 PM
I have waited 8hours and 20 mintes so far today (Still Got 506 infront of me) Im not patron, So now you know how it is for f2p people XD

Mordran
09-18-2014, 02:41 PM
To be honest, Patrons experience queue times at around 5h also. So of course one can say 5 hours is better than 8 but letīs be realistic, both is just ♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous and the biggest fail iīve ever seen since the launch of Warhammer.

WNxRip
09-18-2014, 04:08 PM
lol photoshop is clearly strong in that queue. there is no 17k queue. none the less Hydra being booted would make some spots, maybe move to the RP server, you can have more fun there :)

Queues about 2000 long, boot your 5 zerg guild alliance and we'd actually be completely fine, no queue at all, jk <3

Lucamage
09-19-2014, 04:53 AM
the only way to play this game at the actual status of queues is to set your pc to automatically turn on 2-3 hours before you are back at home and make a script to run the game and connect to your server, so when you are at home you have probably just 1-2 hours left to wait if you have not been banned for using scripts...if u cant do that pay someone or teach your dog , girlfriend or grandma to run the game when you are not at home

james1202
09-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Queues about 2000 long, boot your 5 zerg guild alliance and we'd actually be completely fine, no queue at all, jk <3

Owning just over 1/3 the queue with our alliance alone = ftw ^^

Realistically I never play with anyone outside of Legion anyway so our alliance is of little importance to me, my Guildies are what matter, alliances are for the big bosses to run to keep our network strong. Other than that I'm my own one man army ^^