PDA

View Full Version : can this game replace what uo once had in my heart?

PaCO
03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Ok playin uo since 98 when I was 12 lol baja n atlantic shards..I was very infamous and just loved the game n how many people loved me hated me butrespected me for my pvp skills nnn maybe some pk skillz lol... ALL YOU OLD UO PEOPLE PLEASE TELL ME will I enjoy this game? I was a yew gate sittin shadowlord rippen hardcore pvper pker.. I hope the answer is yes. Ty all.. if you remember me from uo tell me your chars name..

OccipitaL
03-24-2014, 03:29 AM
No.
And I mean it.

Edit:
Ok, maybe a little bit.

Preacher
03-24-2014, 03:30 AM
No. If you want UO, wait for Shroud of Avatar by Richard Garriot.

AA has some sandbox elements, crafting and houseing - but in essense it feels nothing like UO. Its Lineage II with trading/farming. Its not bad, just not the kind of expirience you`d associate with UO really. Darkfall/Gloria Victis/Life Feodal are more like UO, but still far away.

As said, the only real UO competitior is SoA, by UO creator himself.

Mavol
03-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Im going to have to say i think Shroud of the Avatar is absolute trash as well. I dont think Archeage will replace UO either. The only game to meet my expectations was EVE Online but there will never ever be another UO. Maybe in another 10 years lol :(

PaCO
03-24-2014, 08:34 AM
I no all about sota n it nothin like uo no open pvp no loot.. no stealing no pking. Its all flag based pvp.. its suxs

PaCO
03-24-2014, 08:36 AM
I even pledged money to b a founder cuz they made us think it was uo 2 $ince garriot said it is bonna be uos successor. ? But they got r 3.4 mil n came out with horrible themepark carebear pvp

KeksX
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Nope, I don't think any game can replace "that one game" we all have. But it doesn't have to! :D

Shifted
03-24-2014, 08:51 AM
ArcheAge certainly couldn't replace UO, but it's a good substitute in my opinion.

Grunge[MPK]
03-24-2014, 09:31 AM
For sure, AA and Darkfall are the games that make me feel like playing UO, but they're not the same for sure.

Sweetdeal
03-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Nope. Doubt that :)

Just save UO in your heart for ever. (And I play ArcheAge since almost 2 Years)

Palinore
03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Ok playin uo since 98 when I was 12 lol baja n atlantic shards..I was very infamous and just loved the game n how many people loved me hated me butrespected me for my pvp skills nnn maybe some pk skillz lol... ALL YOU OLD UO PEOPLE PLEASE TELL ME will I enjoy this game? I was a yew gate sittin shadowlord rippen hardcore pvper pker.. I hope the answer is yes. Ty all.. if you remember me from uo tell me your chars name..

ArcheAge does give that sense of adventure and uncertainty that UO had but still you can't really compare the two. Maybe one day we will see our beloved UO2 come out!?

Yammy
03-24-2014, 03:08 PM
ArcheAge does give that sense of adventure and uncertainty that UO had but still you can't really compare the two. Maybe one day we will see our beloved UO2 come out!?

Honestly i don't think any game regardless how good it is will replace my experience with UO. I love AA and it's the closest and best game i've played since UO. However much like Palinore said, you can't really compare the two. Different graphics, AA looks beautiful. It's just not fair to compare the two, yet UO held up many memories for my self and friends till this day. IT's a game i will always remember and it can never be replaced. But i can find a new game to make me feel like i did back when i played UO. AA does that for me, makes me feel like I'm playing a new game similar to UO with features i loved in UO.

For me that's good enough to say that AA filled that Sanbox mmo feel that UO had.

PaCO
03-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Well said yammy... ok guys thank you..