PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Launch: Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 10/30 at 1:00 PM PDT)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Scapes
09-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Follow the latest posts from the ArcheAge Team on the forums with our Dev Tracker! (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Dev-Tracker)

Hello adventurers!

Since launch, we've seen tons of new players visiting the forums to start and join discussions. We've written up this set of frequently asked questions about common topics and current issues. Also, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's latest ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?76311-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-3).

Is evading the AFK kick or leveling my mount while I'm AFK permitted?

Using in-game mechanics to evade the AFK kick may result in being disconnected from the server by a Game Master. However, it will only result in an account ban if third-party software is being used to evade the AFK kick.

I think a player is using unfair methods to claim land before anyone else can, what's being done about it?

We've been closely following the accusations of unfair land claiming methods. The team is actively investigating accounts that appear to some players as outliers in terms of number of properties owned. This data point alone isn't sufficient evidence of foul play as some players are focusing all of their gameplay on real estate and flipping properties.

We agree that one player claiming multiple properties that many other players are simultaneously trying to claim is suspect, which is why we're taking a close look to determine the cause, prevent it, and remove the players using it. Additionally, we're proposing new methods for land claiming to XLGAMES that will remove the benefit of fastest ping or most clicks per second.

Anticipate updates on this topic as developments occur.

I saw someone using a botting script or gameplay hack in-game, what's being done about it?

We're taking a very aggressive stance on addressing botting, exploiting, client hacking, and other forms of illegal gameplay. For example, on an average day, we block more than 5000 bad accounts from making purchases and ban more than 3000 others from the game. We're also applying a series of much broader bans which we'll have an update about once the results are verified. For now, know that our bot killing script and punitive actions were too conservative before this week. Anticipate a noticeable change over the coming days.

My server is experiencing a lot of chat spam, what's being done about it?

We agree, the spam needs to go. Trion Worlds has a great, proven, MMO-specific learning spam filter in house that we recommend strongly for all of our games. Originally developed for RIFT, it can be relatively easily integrated into anything. XLGAMES and Trion have both made getting our proven solution integrated in to ArcheAge a big priority; it's currently being implemented in the next major build of the game. Until then, the temporary one we have in place as an interim solution operates entirely outside of the game and can only spot and kick/ban people once they've been spamming, meaning that spam tends to not last more than a few minutes.

Why can't I seem to block or find the real character name of this chat spammer?

Some chat spammers are doing some clever things to fake out the chat window such as "clearing" it with long empty strings or presenting part of their chat as a fake character name. A fix for the ability to fake out the chat window is being worked on by XLGAMES. Mentioned above, our chat filter solution, once implemented, will work fine even with that going on. For the time being, there are adjustments that can be made to the chat window you can use to change the UI scale and chat window size to find their actual name and block it (example: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?71772-Easy-way-to-block-gold-spammers). Note that you may need to adjust the chat font size as well.

Are reports made using the character skill Report Unauthorized Program being reviewed?

Yes, these reports help us become aware of botting and other prohibited third-party software being used for gameplay advantages in addition to monitoring gameplay data internally. We also trace any ill-gotten gains and take out related accounts profiting from their activity. It's important to note that all players who accurately report a verified case of unauthorized program use will get 50 Labor Points as reward (and an in-game mail about it), double the 25 Labor Point cost of making the report.

Note that even if a bot with the Report Unauthorized Program debuff on them goes to the judge to plead their innocence, our system still logs the fact they were flagged meaning they will be reviewed by a Game Master regardless. Also, we recently improved this reporting process to handle the larger-than-expected volume of bots and are seeing good results so far.

Is using a macro or other scripted input method permitted?

No, using either will result in your account being suspended or terminated.

Is using a mod or third-party game client add-on permitted?

No, using mods or add-ons is in strict violation of our terms of service and will result in punitive action. We've also reached out to the developer, XLGAMES, with regards to preventing the use of mods or third-party add-ons that grant a player gameplay advantages over another.

I'm missing my Patron Status in-game and/or my Patron Time is wrong or showing as inactive.

Since launch, our Platform Team has been hard at work restoring Patron Status and missing Patron Time to players who purchased it directly or through Founder's Packs. We've applied a series of fixes at the platform level to correct this issue on thousands of accounts already and we continue to restore Patron Status for hundreds of players each day. We have a broader fix being developed and will have more details on it this week. Until then, know that we will make certain that all players who bought Patron Time get it correctly applied to their account. We know how important Patron is to you, especially in a world of property timers: resolving missing Patron Status is our priority platform fix.

I should have Patron Status but don't and I need it in order to pay my house/farm taxes.

It's true, Patron Status is needed to pay property taxes in ArcheAge. However, even if your taxes are due, you actually have an additional week to pay your taxes before your property is returned to you and the land it's on made public. Our Platform Team is working around the clock to restore Patron Time and activate for accounts that should have it.

I'm still missing some/all of my Founder's Pack perks on my character(s).

We're aware that some Founders are reporting that their perks haven't been granted to one or multiple characters on their accounts. Sorry for the delayed delivery! Our Platform Team has made a series of improvements to the speed with which the Founder's Pack chests are distributed via the in-game mail system. We will make certain that all Founders automatically get the perks that they purchased: if you have not yet received the perks for the tier you purchased, please reply in this thread. Alternatively, our Support Team can assist you in getting your items in the interim. Submitting a help ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/) or consulting our live chat (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch) will get you the help you need. Please note that we have a lot of tickets and chats active right now but you will definitely be responded to in the order received.

To make sure that they can enjoy their Founder's Pack items immediately, our Founders now have access to a bonus single-use product that can be used to apply the per-character Founder's Pack items to the character of their choice. When you've selected the "Founder's Pack - Bonus" product from the ArcheAge product page (https://archeage.trionworlds.com) (make sure you're signed in), click "Apply" and select the character that you'd like to receive these items on. Please note that this can only be done for one character, so choose wisely! This grant is in addition to the 6 characters who have or will receive the items.

Am I in the Patron queue or the general queue?

There are two queues for entering servers: Patron and general. The Patron queue is added to the server faster than the general queue. If you have Patron status in the game, you will be placed in the Patron queue.

Originally, the game clearly showed which queue you were in. We recently introduced a ten-minute grace period that allows players who are disconnected from the game to rejoin their server without having to wait in the queue. A temporary side effect of this addition is that the current queue prompt doesn't designate which queue you're in. We are working with XLGAMES to make it so it does show this information.

Are more new servers going to be opened?

Since launch, we've opened eleven new servers across both North America and Europe for a total of 21, more than double our number at launch. As before, we'll continue closely monitoring the servers' populations and queues (and paying attention to player feedback on the forums) to determine if more are warranted. The reason we're being conservative about adding more is that we want to avoid a post-launch situation where opening too many servers leads to individual server populations stabilizing down to levels that leave them partially populated.

For more details, please read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

Why is new character creation disabled on my server?

New character creation may be temporarily disabled on your server to keep unacceptably long queuing from occurring. Alternatively, certain races may not be available if we're balancing out the factions on your server. Both measures are not permanent and their duration is purely a factor of how long it takes for the server population to rebalance. Restrictions are reevaluated daily based on server activity data and queue length.

Click here for the latest information on restrictions. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?77458-Active-Character-Creation-Restrictions-per-Server)

How are the long queues being addressed?

Mentioned in the "new servers" question, eleven servers have been opened since launch to reduce the queues of the original ten servers. Each server has had its total player capacity increased beyond its initial limit. We've also improved our AFK kick to include the character selection window and will be improving it further to detect measures being used to circumvent the AFK timer. Additionally, we have temporarily disabled new character creation on heavily populated servers.

Can I transfer my existing character to another server?

We have requested the technical ability to perform character transfers from the developer, XLGAMES. We're eager to make them available!

What is the status of the 10% Marketplace discount that was listed as a post-launch Patron bonus?

When we were initially deciding on the benefits for Patron status, one thing we really liked was the idea of a 10% Marketplace discount being a part of the package. We knew that the store functionality around doing so (percent discounts) was a stretch goal for the developer, and we saw this as a feature that would be added "after launch" which is how it’s been described on the patron page. Unfortunately, that brief wording led many to believe we meant "at launch".

As such, we've been working with the developer to find a good answer for you in the interim, and continue working on it. Getting this resolved in the most generous way possible remains extremely important to us and in the spirit of transparency we’d rather confirm for you that we're still on it rather than go silent on the subject.

We are currently working with XLGAMES to come up with a solution to implement the 10% discount or an equivalent. We can't promise exactly how this bonus for Patrons will be implemented yet, but we can say it will be retroactive. This is an important topic to both Trion and XLGAMES and we won't let up till we have a solution.

Why are the offline and online labor point regeneration rates not even?

We have recommended evening out the offline and online labor point regeneration rates in ArcheAge, but the response was that it would create significant differences between our service and that of other partners. The team has continued to voice it as a potential ongoing issue based on gameplay data and player feedback.

With that in mind, we're continuing to do everything else we can as publisher to make sure that all active players can play including adding more servers and improving our methods of detecting idle characters. While we and the developer are also prioritizing how server transfers will work in our region of ArcheAge, we obviously couldn't wait for that before opening new servers, as we've discussed.

This thread will be updated as questions are added, answers are updated, and issues are resolved, so be sure to keep checking back. Be sure to also read our ArcheAge Launch: Known Issues (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?47390-ArcheAge-Launch-Known-Issues) thread.

SXyGeK
09-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Is leveling my mount while I'm AFK permitted?

No, not when we have server queues. Our Game Masters will be kicking players who are AFK and leveling their mounts to make room for active players.

Thank you for the update !
does that imply that afk leveling will be allowed, or not prosecuted, when queues abate ?
doesn't afk leveling a mount require some form of macro or bot or device wedging a keyboard?

Idea
09-18-2014, 02:47 PM
I've been in queue for Kyrios for 4 hours now and I still have 416 people ahead of me!

Are more servers going to be opened?

While we've added new servers since launch, we are closely monitoring their populations and queues (and paying attention to player feedback on the forums) to determine when to add more. The reason we're being conservative about adding more is that ArcheAge's launch week just started two days ago and player activity is exceptionally high as a result. We want to avoid a post-launch situation where opening too many servers leads to individual server populations stabilizing down to levels that leave them partially populated.

8 hour queues for Kyrios is not enough for you people to take action?

ragingphoinix
09-18-2014, 02:49 PM
You realize that the reason for a steep drop off in population is going to be by and far your fault, right? 5-9 hour queue times is absolutely absurd. How in the hell do you even think you're going to mitigate the negative press here? I've been a part of mmo launches for almost a decade. And you have no where near the population of those games, yet, you're trying to justify this by saying you don't want to spend the money to merge later when the natural cycle of the mmo takes over? So....instead, you're forcing it to do that much, much sooner? That makes perfect business sense, I guess, if you're going for negative profit.

Emilie
09-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I've been in queue for Kyrios for 4 hours now and I still have 416 people ahead of me!

8 hour queues for Kyrios is not enough for you people to take action?

They are, but slowly. See his post here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?49773-Could-we-please-get-some-communication-on-what-s-being-done-about-the-server-capacity-issue&p=541142&viewfull=1#post541142) and here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48917-Trion-Scapes-someone!!!-)-We-need-more-servers.&p=539246&viewfull=1#post539246)

Idea
09-18-2014, 03:02 PM

We are working to offer server transfers, we're eager to make them available!

For a price.....I can see it now...

Founders! Are you sick of long ♥♥♥ queues? Do you not have a spot to place your house or farm? Worry no further! For a small fee we will transfer your character to one of our shiny new servers! Forget the fact that it is completely our fault that we underestimated the launch turn out. Give us more money!

Fine Print: No refunds, not responsible for long queues or no land on your new server.

LogicLoop
09-18-2014, 03:05 PM
You realize that the reason for a steep drop off in population is going to be by and far your fault, right? 5-9 hour queue times is absolutely absurd. How in the hell do you even think you're going to mitigate the negative press here? I've been a part of mmo launches for almost a decade. And you have no where near the population of those games, yet, you're trying to justify this by saying you don't want to spend the money to merge later when the natural cycle of the mmo takes over? So....instead, you're forcing it to do that much, much sooner? That makes perfect business sense, I guess, if you're going for negative profit.

As for mergers, you have to also take into consideration the mechanics of ArcheAge. Patrons who have built entire communities on the servers, housing provinces that are full to bursting. Even if they weren't completely full on a server that has seen a decline in population months if not years down the line. What do you think will happen to the properties of people on both servers if you try to merge them? Instancing is not an option, it's not what this game is built around. It doesn't allow for easy mergers without pissing off many more people.

Either way it is a no win situation so I see them as picking the lesser of two evils. Completely shaft people and uproot all their hard work that they have put into the game, not to mention the economy, or let people wait it out for a bit, even if an hour or two at a time, and wait for populations to normalize and add servers conservatively.

If you stand back, take your own dog out of the fight, and look at it objectively at a macro level, you'll see the logic.

Yes, I do agree and feel the same that I wish they'd add the servers a bit more quickly and be a little less cautious, but I'm glad that they aren't throwing caution to the wind for immediate appeasement with long lasting detrimental ramifications.

Rhazes
09-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Headstart was ruined for many of us. How about refunds?

GreenMeanie
09-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Make me a GM and I will go in and kick people doing circles.

Sonatine
09-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Server transfers won't work if every single server has a queue!

Xiro
09-18-2014, 03:11 PM
They are, but slowly. See his post here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?49773-Could-we-please-get-some-communication-on-what-s-being-done-about-the-server-capacity-issue&p=541142&viewfull=1#post541142) and here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48917-Trion-Scapes-someone!!!-)-We-need-more-servers.&p=539246&viewfull=1#post539246)

That was over 24 hours ago, and que times have actually gotten worse. This is simply not being fixed. The playerbase will thin out alright, but it won't be because of attrition, it will be because of Trion's negligence.

Trubbles
09-18-2014, 03:11 PM
You realize that the reason for a steep drop off in population is going to be by and far your fault, right? 5-9 hour queue times is absolutely absurd. How in the hell do you even think you're going to mitigate the negative press here? Trion, you guys aren't conservatively "anticipating" a population drop off... you're making it happen. Open more damn servers, 4,5,6,7,8,9 hour wait times is INSANITY!~ Kicking, reporting, PKing afk players is ridiculous. You created a crises due to inappropriate server/population ratios. Instead of fixing the obvious in an equally conservative way... you're just flushing new players down the commode and out the door! Is that your "fix?"

Midnite
09-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Server transfers won't work if every single server has a queue!

They were not in any sense ready to launch this game. They should have waited. At least I still have Destiny, which won't let me down.

Akenatoth
09-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Hello adventurers!

My server has a really long queue! Why?

ArcheAge's servers have a limit on the number of active players who can be in-game at once. This limit is to prevent the server from becoming unstable due to too many actions being taken in the game (you can see examples of it when trying to access the multi-server Auction House and getting an error message).

Why exactly am I (Archeum Founder) in a 4h queue while there's F2P not-paying customers active in the server taking up space?

I can't get the service I paid for because you're offering that service for free to anyone.

Emilie
09-18-2014, 03:17 PM
That was over 24 hours ago, and que times have actually gotten worse. This is simply not being fixed. The playerbase will thin out alright, but it won't be because of attrition, it will be because of Trion's negligence.

I understand your perspective, I'm also waiting long periods in queues. However, I'm also understanding the efforts Trion is making. Something we need to keep in mind is that this is a widely hyped game and launch was just a few days ago. Within the time we've had two or three servers added. They are taking action, but just because it isn't all in the same day doesn't mean they're neglecting us. They're making the process gradual because a lot of damage can also be caused from adding everything in all at once. See here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48917-Trion-Scapes-someone!!!-)-We-need-more-servers.&p=539246&viewfull=1#post539246) and here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?49773-Could-we-please-get-some-communication-on-what-s-being-done-about-the-server-capacity-issue&p=541142&viewfull=1#post541142)

Jirard
09-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I STILL have no idea when my issue with adding a payment method will get resolved.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? I want to become a Patron, but Glyph will not let me.

Gladiador
09-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Arrange the queue system, I paid and want to play !!

Waiting over five hours to play ??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Deimo
09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
I can understand them being cautious, they can't merge servers due to property & adding more servers that may be ghost towns once the tide of people testing the water calms down. However! One or two more server couldn't hurt at this point.

Players are playing for longer periods, I was behind roughly 1,500 people yesterday & I waited, 4hrs. Today I'm behind around 1,000 people, I've waited 9hrs & still counting. It would seem the players that are getting to play are enjoying themselves and staying on for longer.

I want to stick around and hopefully invest, the time I've got to play has been fantastic, even with a disconnect here and there but waiting hours is starting to wear me down & really, curve my interest away.

Tow
09-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Scapes, First, Archeage has really turned out to be a nice game. i really like everything that has been done to enhance the overall game play. Now, for the bad news... "something must be done with the server queues". as a paying member i find it is unacceptable with the current wait times to get into the game. when i get home from work i look forward to some game time with some friends from work however we all find ourselves waiting entirely to long to get into the game. By the time we do actually get in the game it is about time to call it a night since we all have work the following morning. Since the launch the average wait time to begin to play is well over 2 hours closer to 3 in some cases for each person. Honestly what is the point of playing if i cant actually get in until tomorrow. Perhaps split the servers up with patrons on one and the f2p people on another. This would seem logical. I payed for the game while it was in open beta to help support the team and the great work that has been done but for the patrons to have to wait in a queue of over 1700 people is just not cool, at all! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do something to cut the queue time down for your supporters as soon as possible. I am sure you can understand the frustration here and i am positive you have heard this complaint many times already. So, again, please resolve this soon or back to other MMO's we may be forced to go. Thank you and again keep up the good work.

toe nado
09-18-2014, 03:30 PM
I just hope the server transfers don't screw up the other servers as well. They really should have implemented a system like on ff14arr where character creation is restricted so they don't overload and overfill the servers.

Xerxes
09-18-2014, 03:32 PM
How can you screw up while running a maintenance to fix patron status ?

I'm on EU specifically, and you Trion, run a maintenance specifically made to give players who have not received there patron status and you remove it from other paying customers (myself included) while not fixing the situation at all. How, how can you screw up that bad? I'm am archeum founder and i've waited today 10 hours in the queue only to find out while logging in at 2 AM that i am a non patron right now, i'm baffled, without words. I, a paying customer with a 2-3 month old account, wait 10 hours in a damn queue.

I expect a lot more than 5 days of patron status in return for this crap that you are serving us.

Your failed EU maintenace is the equivalent of a sick person going to the hospital to get surgery together with a healthy relative of him.. and the healthy guy gets the operation actually and dies in the operation, while the sick guy dies as well, because he has not received the operation.

UrzaKeFrostgard
09-18-2014, 03:33 PM
What about taxes?

Laughter
09-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the information. :D

rocdog
09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Queues are worse now because word has gotten out about idling at character selection.

NB: Server transfers are free in RIFT, with a 7 day cooldown. I'd cross my fingers that the same policy will be applied in Archeage.

Emilie
09-18-2014, 03:37 PM
I can understand them being cautious, they can't merge servers due to property & adding more servers that may be ghost towns once the tide of people testing the water calms down. However! One or two more server couldn't hurt at this point.

Players are playing for longer periods, I was behind roughly 1,500 people yesterday & I waited, 4hrs. Today I'm behind around 1,000 people, I've waited 9hrs & still counting. It would seem the players that are getting to play are enjoying themselves and staying on for longer.

I want to stick around and hopefully invest, the time I've got to play has been fantastic, even with a disconnect here and there but waiting hours is starting to wear me down & really, curve my interest away.

^ This. Agree.

TH3SGT
09-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Really guys what kind of Datacenter is this hosted in that you cant spin up some more VMs and get them out there to resolve this. Its almost like Archeage is hosted out of someones basement.Open servers or open your wallet Troin and refund founder packs. Im ready to move on maybe try Destiny or any game that doesn't have a queue.

Antiriver13
09-18-2014, 03:38 PM
If Trion knew how to do math they would have a rough guess of over 25,000 players are currently in the queues. So that is 25,000 current or potential customers that they are shoving away from the game just by having an absolute ♥♥♥♥ handle on the servers.

Scapes
09-18-2014, 03:39 PM
For a price.....I can see it now...

Traditionally, MMOs have offered free transfers when trying to move activity from an overpopulated server to a new one. Don't be surprised if we do the same.

Chiiby
09-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Im Founder......135€......im missing my Patron Status and i created a Ticket Days ago that isnt answered yet!
I hope you give us the missing Days of Patron back AND more as a compensation for this mistakes!
We cant build but we payed! It runs out while we cant use it ._.

Nightfang
09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Screw the queue times; what im more annoyed about is the constant crashing the game gets once its reaches the cinematic cutscene. i tried esc mutiple times and even when it succeded and reached the queue the game then crashes. plz help anyone :(

Scapes
09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
does that imply that afk leveling will be allowed, or not prosecuted, when queues abate ?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Bunn
09-18-2014, 03:41 PM
will this queuing last forever?..I haven't even gotten past lvl10 because when i dc i have to wait another 5 hrs to get back in...

TheSempai
09-18-2014, 03:44 PM
What about the lost labour points, we getting compensation for that? (Time we lost patron status @ 10 lp every 5 mins) I dont care about 5 days of lost time; Labour points I DO CARE ABOUT

Getaris
09-18-2014, 03:45 PM
I STILL have no idea when my issue with adding a payment method will get resolved.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? I want to become a Patron, but Glyph will not let me.

Jirard - I feel your pain, this happened to me just a few hours before headstart when I decided I was actually going to buy a founders pack. I submitted a ticket about the issue, but instead of waiting, I just went to PayPal and purchased through them. I don't know if that is an option for you or not, but it was painless and quick for me. Subsequently Trion responded to my ticket with 'oh well, looks like you worked around it' and clearly they haven't bothered to fix the issue:( Best of luck!

Jedieboy
09-18-2014, 03:45 PM
I love the game but me and my friend have spent all evening for 3 hours,and we are paying customers and not getting our product,shame really.....

Foxxy
09-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I have been I'm que for 5 hours now. ..yes yet another dummy that paid for a founders pack only to sit in ques the whole time. .this is a hot mess. I typically have patient and don't like to provide anything but constructive feedback but I'm past my limit as are thousands of others... unacceptable. . Do something more than a paltry 5 day extended patron status..especially since that 5 days will probably be spent in que!!!!

SXyGeK
09-18-2014, 03:48 PM
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

here's to hoping we get there soon!
thank you for your answer, even a deferral as it was, I appreciate your taking the time.

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 03:49 PM
I purchased the Archeum pack on day one when they came available. I have yet to be able to play the game since launch. I am starting to see the writing on the wall that my 90 day patron status is going to run out without even being able to get on once to enjoy it. How is this acceptable to you Trion? It is blatantly theft in my eyes and I am sure I am not the only person feeling this way. At the current rate of your company doing anything to fix these issues, or even ADDRESSING the damn issues, I have zero expectations for any of this being rectified. Unprofessional, lazy, crooks.

Lazaro
09-18-2014, 03:50 PM
i didnt wanna believe that this game was going to die, but im already seeing it happen for myself, i am a paying customer and i love this game, but ive only played like maybe an hour a day due to these que times. I dont see trion giving us our money back.

UrzaKeFrostgard
09-18-2014, 03:51 PM
What is with the people that have to pay taxes by tomorrow?

Spehonfyr
09-18-2014, 03:52 PM
THREE HOURS IN Q. I PAID 150$ FOR THIS. I MISSED 3/4ths of head start WAITING IN Q. That is NO exaggeration.

You advertised the day of Head Start to upgrade $50 for this. I DID AND ITS GOTTEN 100X WORSE. I DID not participate in ALPHA, so do not give me this you paid for ALPHA. NO, I upgraded per your advertisement AFTER ALPHA and the day of HEAD START.

DO something about this.

I am an App Dev Project Manager. My company would be FIRED for this service. This is truly inexcusable. Three bloody hours in Q for a 150$ game? REALLY?

Naridia
09-18-2014, 03:55 PM
From the headstart until now i haven't play a fully ten hours in total ! Just w8ing in queue for 5 to 8 hours a day to login. Is this normal ? you are satisfied with your work? you think that u provided me what my founder pack described? I didn't pay to play a month from now , payed to play 4 days earlier. that didn't happen . 6 days have passed and still i am facing the same long queues. We simple dont care to tell us what u are doing .cause simply it DOESN'T work . So stop the tricks , that you are using to make us think that you are doing a good work and just say are sorry and you failed . So we can move one and you can try with sincerity to maybe persuade us to stick around ..in this game

ScopeDown
09-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Your expansions of servers are nowhere close to enough. Avoiding "Ghost Towns" is cool, but figure out another way then. I don't know what kind of servers Trion uses, but upgrading Cloud should be as easy as selecting an option to pay more. Upgrade the servers so that it can not only fit more players, but also have the capability to process those players.

Just know if the population of ArcheAge drops, Trion and Queuing is to blame. I know tons of friends that gave up as of today to login, because they're F2P and it takes 8-10 hours to login which is all their game time. Out of the past 2 days, they weren't able to login even once to make a character (Kyrios).

See Here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52073-Dat-Queue-Though...&p=563518&viewfull=1#post563518
My total Queue time was 4h 21m (approx) as a Patron, that's well BS.

Rafkin
09-18-2014, 03:56 PM
You missed the most important one. "CanI have a refund?"

When SOE launched Landmark they offered full refunds to anyone for any reason. That's a company that's proud and confident of their product. Trion not so much. The only reason to not offer a refund is when you know you have a bad product.

Tow
09-18-2014, 03:57 PM
As the HOURS continue to pass until i am able to play the game i have payed for, i have come to think that the game needs to split up the paying people and the F2P people. The biggest advantage would be of course much less wait times in the queue, and... the good possibility that there will be much more choice of land to choose from to be able to build and farm on. this approach seems to be a win win for everyone. if you want to play for free then long lines in a queue are understandable. but as another poster has said, i as a paying person should not have to wait behind a thousand people that did not pay for the game before i am able to play. Paying should somehow move me to the front of the line weather it be on split servers or kicking no paying gamers. So to recap... i logged into the queue at 3:54 pm this afternoon and it is now 6:56 pm and i still have 328 people in front of me with a 40 min estimated wait time to "enter" the game. SMFH....

Deepjay
09-18-2014, 03:57 PM
You missed the most important one. "CanI have a refund?"

When SOE launched Landmark they offered full refunds to anyone for any reason. That's a company that's proud and confident of their product. Trion not so much. The only reason to not offer a refund is when you know you have a bad product.

Except Landmark hasnt launched, it's a beta.

sionate
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA answered all my questions i had , Your forgiven for two rerasons though i have paid you guys 150$ for Founders pack and not received.

1. I bought silver founders pack 6 months ago and at least i can log in the game as a founder.
2. I had a 4 hour play session in game last night upgraded my glider , crafted a new bow , crafted new swords for my toon and hit level 22.

BUT that kinda makes some of my founder pack gear obsolete....... Oh well at least i could get in game last night.

Kelxin
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
So on Salphira, my wife and I are patrons and are up to 3000 person queue's that take us 3+ hours to get in .... Which I'm guessing means a 10+ hour queue for free to play. Do we need to get to over 24 hour queue's before Trion ACTUALLY takes action?

My wife and I still have not received all of the chests I was supposed to for my Archeum level founder pack, I have sent several e-mails over 3 days ago and have not received a single reply actually addressing the issue. I have created a 4th character that has not received ANY patron items (The official forum post said SIX characters get them).

When is this going to be addressed? Even compared to a world of warcraft launch, you guys have them beat in terms of non-communication and failures in technology. Maybe we should start posting the CEO's home phone number and address to start getting action.

ScopeDown
09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Except Landmark hasnt launched, it's a beta.

ArcheAge during Headstart wasn't really a full launch, same situation as now. And pretty sure ArcheAge is Beta. If you consider 2.5-5 hours Queue for Patrons, and 5-10 hour Queue for F2P full launch.... Idk what to say.

Slothir
09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
We need Trion to step up their service. Add servers and worry about mergers later. Offer merge packages for guilds and larger groups of people.
We had a guildie that had a really good idea of how they should have done it on head start in regards to land grabbing. They should have only allowed one farm/house/bigfarm be under construction at any given time per account. That would have solved the whole land issue. On their other issues.. Just get some more servers up. We all know it is needed. You also need to refund founders/patrons that do not get the service they pay for. Make patron only servers and share the action house with a f2p server if that is the issue. Just do what you know needs to be done before everyone leaves the now called Queue Simulator 2014.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:03 PM
So on Salphira, my wife and I are patrons and are up to 3000 person queue's that take us 3+ hours to get in .... Which I'm guessing means a 10+ hour queue for free to play. Do we need to get to over 24 hour queue's before Trion ACTUALLY takes action?

My wife and I still have not received all of the chests I was supposed to for my Archeum level founder pack, I have sent several e-mails over 3 days ago and have not received a single reply actually addressing the issue. I have created a 4th character that has not received ANY patron items (The official forum post said SIX characters get them).

When is this going to be addressed? Even compared to a world of warcraft launch, you guys have them beat in terms of non-communication and failures in technology. Maybe we should start posting the CEO's home phone number and address to start getting action.

Blizzard has hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal, that is not a fair comparison. But yes, let us harass the CEO of the game because your pour soul has been denied instant gratification. As stated in the thread, they are watching the que's and will determine the best course of action. All we can do is wait and see.

We need Trion to step up their service. Add servers and worry about mergers later. Offer merge packages for guilds and larger groups of people.
We had a guildie that had a really good idea of how they should have done it on head start in regards to land grabbing. They should have only allowed one farm/house/bigfarm be under construction at any given time per account. That would have solved the whole land issue. On their other issues.. Just get some more servers up. We all know it is needed. You also need to refund founders/patrons that do not get the service they pay for. Make patron only servers and share the action house with a f2p server if that is the issue. Just do what you know needs to be done before everyone leaves the now called Queue Simulator 2014.

"Add servers and worry about mergers later"

You have no idea what kind of issues that will cause. This isn't some FPS game where you can move accounts across servers with ease. They have to worry about player built homes, ranks, bank/character items, economies, ect.

Landsharkk
The irony behind kicking those idle at character select is that for those like me, who have a job in order to make money to spend on stuff like Patron and Founders (which I did), will now be unable to play 100% of the time. I have 1 hour of time per night to play. Previously I would call my Wife to have her log me in a couple hours before I get home, then I'd be at the character screen ready for when I get home to play.

However, now when I get home I will load into queue, which is always more than 1 hour, which completely eliminates my ability to play this game. Ironic, considering my patron status finally went through (48 hours after buying it). So now I'll be wasting my patron status for a game I literally cannot play.

So, thank you Trion for punishing us fools who work for a living in order to keep your paychecks coming.

FinalsTwin
Sooooo basically alll of us who paid should have waited a week or two...

No bashing on the game because I love the game and when I can actually play it but after sitting in a line from 4pm to 7pm now with 1k in front of me and now 4k (I paid for the game) I am starting to question putting money into an icon. 20% more people and two more servers yet every server has a 1-4k line.

SoMetalDude
09-18-2014, 04:04 PM

We also introduced an AFK kick that boots players from the game after a set duration of inactivity. This kick will be improved to detect idle players in the character selection screen. Also, we will be reducing the length of the AFK kick timer the next time each server restarts.

What is the allotted time for an AFK player to be booted? When the servers reset and you reduce the length of the AFK timer, what will that new timer be?

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Good news guys, the WoW expansion in November actually looks worthwhile for returning players... I took off after Wrath and will be giving it a shot because I KNOW I WILL GET WHAT I F*CKING PAID FOR. Suck on those nuts Trion.

Scapes
If you haven't yet, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

hollow87
I'm missing my Patron status and/or my Patron duration is wrong/inactive!

We're aware that some players who should have Patron Time (via Founder's Packs or direct purchases) are missing it or it isn't activating. Our Platform Team is working to resolve this issue and will make sure that all players who should have Patron Time get it back. This includes the players who were affected by our EU server maintenance on 9/17 (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48034-ArcheAge-Server-Maintenance-9-17-14-at-3-00-AM-amp-7-00-PM-PDT-(GMT-7)).

We will also be adding five days of Patron Time to all Founders to compensate for their bundled Patron Time starting at the beginning of the four-day Head Start rather than at launch as previously announced.

What about those who are not founders and have purchased a patron pack including users in North America. Which has been said that it was fixed twice already.

iphi
There are two queues for entering servers: Patron and general. The Patron queue is added to the server faster than the general queue. If you have Patron status in the game, you will be placed in the Patron queue.

Seriously? Cause I'm in excess of two hours for two days in a row as a patron before giving up. That doesn't seem like much of a priority.

zbshadow
09-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Traditionally, MMOs have offered free transfers when trying to move activity from an overpopulated server to a new one. Don't be surprised if we do the same.

1. The only thing the community manager answers is ^
2. I'm gonna be very shocked if its free since its just been trion milking people for several months now. The game was ready to leave alpha and beta way before it did. Trion was just making to much money on early access.

I would have to agree that you guys are pushing away alot of potential customers with not opening the servers. No ones coming back day to day to wait in 4-8hour ques.
I mean do you wait in the que to play this game?

Junny
09-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Rift had free character transfer from one server to another, would ArcheAge have that as well?

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Blizzard has hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal, that is not a fair comparison. But yes, let us harass the CEO of the game because your pour soul has been denied instant gratification. As stated in the thread, they are watching the que's and will determine the best course of action. All we can do is wait and see.

Wait and see is a pretty ♥♥♥♥ty was to run a business project. Additionally, "wait and see" for someone who bought a 90 day patron status that is being taken up by days in which you are not permitted to play because you wait in a 9 hour line is not really satisfying.

cannibal
09-18-2014, 04:08 PM
OK well first of all i bout a silver pack in open beta and didn't even get my patron status for 3 days until i finally got into a live chat with trion which is also a ♥♥♥♥ing joke. and then headstart releases and the queue times were ok.. now F2P players are on and im in a queue of 2500! WTF is this?? i dont have a lot of time to play this game before i have to go to sleep. I actually have a life beyond this and dont have time to sit around for 4 hours waiting to play a ♥♥♥♥ing game. FIX IT NOW or i want a refund.. this is the worst Release of a game ever. why would there not be more servers.. Make labor regen the same when offline. that would probably fix the problem. This is horse ♥♥♥♥!!!

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Wait and see is a pretty ♥♥♥♥ty was to run a business project. Additionally, "wait and see" for someone who bought a 90 day patron status that is being taken up by days in which you are not permitted to play because you wait in a 9 hour line is not really satisfying.

This isn't some toy you bought off of the shelf at wal-mart. These games are massive, and contain massive amounts of people. These type of delays are to be expected to some degree.

Tow
09-18-2014, 04:11 PM

LMFAO True that... i am spending my hours on the forums complaing so maybe that will help get someones attention...

SoMetalDude
If you haven't yet, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

For sure. I suppose that clarifies the AFK timer a bit more. My last question regarding the AFK timer, well, I understand why it can't be answered for obvious reasons.

Tophbeifong
I would MUCH rather have a half populated server than a full angry community. Just saying...

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:12 PM
I would MUCH rather have a half populated server than a full angry community. Just saying...

Go play Requiem: Memento mori, and tell me how much you like a half-populated MMORPG. An angry community in some respects can be seen as a positive thing. They like, and want a product they have limited access to. I'd rather have people interested in my product, and be a little mad while I find a solution.

Scapes
09-18-2014, 04:12 PM
What about those who are not founders and have purchased a patron pack including users in North America. Which has been said that it was fixed twice already.

That's the direct purchases referenced in the FAQ. We will make sure that everyone who bought Patron Time gets it.

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 04:14 PM
What is "expected" is to get what you paid for. Lets do this. Lets pay for I dont know, a 1 hour massage. Now, lets show up to the place that sold you the massage and sign in. Now, because some other people wanted a massage too they push your appointment back 35 minutes. Finally, you go back to the room, strip down, and start getting a nice rub. 25 minutes later, youre done. That is not "some toy off the shelf" either but what it is, is something that was paid for and not provided. In some legal scenarios, its called misrepresenting goods and services or breach of contract (a bill of sale is a contract).

PR3SIDENT
09-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Have you guys really thought about how many people are running in place or riding mounts because online labor generation is higher than offline? I think this and this alone would make people more comfortable with logging off. Seems like something that could be changed quickly and easily.

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 04:16 PM
OMG is that 2 posts in one sitting by a community manager? Im seriously shocked.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:16 PM
What is "expected" is to get what you paid for. Lets do this. Lets pay for I dont know, a 1 hour massage. Now, lets show up to the place that sold you the massage and sign in. Now, because some other people wanted a massage too they push your appointment back 35 minutes. Finally, you go back to the room, strip down, and start getting a nice rub. 25 minutes later, youre done. That is not "some toy off the shelf" either but what it is, is something that was paid for and not provided. In some legal scenarios, its called misrepresenting goods and services or breach of contract (a bill of sale is a contract).

You have a privileged access to this game, not a guaranteed one. This applies to every online game.

What you said would make sense if the current "massage appointment" was pushed back and wasn't made up for with compensation. The problem hasn't been solved yet, we haven't reached the compensation stage so you can't say with certainty this was a misrepresentation of goods and services. The service isn't over yet.

SoMetalDude
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
OMG is that 2 posts in one sitting by a community manager? Im seriously shocked.

Horrible comment and a horrible beer ;)

plompkin
09-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Since Head Start, we've opened five new servers effectively adding 50% more capacity to our initial server list. Over the last two days, we've increased the total player capacity of our North American servers by 20% and our largest EU server, Kyprosa, by 10%.

We also introduced an AFK kick that boots players from the game after a set duration of inactivity. This kick will be improved to detect idle players in the character selection screen. Also, we will be reducing the length of the AFK kick timer the next time each server restarts.

While we've added new servers since launch, we are closely monitoring their populations and queues (and paying attention to player feedback on the forums) to determine when to add more. The reason we're being conservative about adding more is that ArcheAge's launch week just started two days ago and player activity is exceptionally high as a result. We want to avoid a post-launch situation where opening too many servers leads to individual server populations stabilizing down to levels that leave them partially populated.

So a better alternative is to have a post launch situation where no one will pay for patron because days after launch they still haven't gotten past the server queue? Wow, gotta have some balls to make a decision like that. You guys really are viciously selling this game after all, it may as well be P2P.

Still, 10 hours in a queue, no play time yet. At least we're being thanked for our patience by a company that won't admit they ♥♥♥♥ed up.

Adelpheus
09-18-2014, 04:22 PM
will you add some more housing provinces at some point ??? cause i paid 150$ ...and 2 days after the headstart ..there was no more place available. :'( i bought my 24x24 design also . :(

Arceius
09-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't see these ridiculous queues ending until people actually leave the servers. There's a huge incentive to stay in the game as long as possible, slowing the queue further. Those of us with houses and farms and decent levels on our characters have no reason to move.

Are there plans to split the servers and player assets, at least the most populous?

ragingphoinix
09-18-2014, 04:25 PM

That's funny. You can't even try another server without the game completely shutting down. And you want to attempt transfers?

just4me
09-18-2014, 04:25 PM

lol, excuse us if we're a bit skeptical eh? going by Trions record with this game, you can hardly blame us

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:27 PM
lol, excuse us if we're a bit skeptical eh? going by Trions record with this game, you can hardly blame us

You're using a 2-day launch as reference to their performance. Do you not see the issue with that?

Mikezr1000
09-18-2014, 04:27 PM
We will also be adding five days of Patron Time to all Founders to compensate for their bundled Patron Time starting at the beginning of the four-day Head Start rather than at launch as previously announced.

That's it, really? Well I feel so much better now that they're giving me an extra 5 days of patron time after this ♥♥♥♥ty mess!*sarcasm*

Underwear
09-18-2014, 04:28 PM
add 3/4 more servers I was in the 30th something on queue and it decided to crash on me... The players are increasing not decreasing on the first day it has 1.5k-2.5k Now IT HAS 3.5K-5.5K... PER QUEUE. ESTIMATE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS = 4 X 7=28K IN QUEUE!

SoMetalDude
09-18-2014, 04:29 PM
You're using a 2-day launch as reference to their performance. Do you not see the issue with that?

No, no they don't, and it's quite unfortunate.

ScopeDown
09-18-2014, 04:29 PM

You realize there was Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Headstart right...
All servers had Queue even during Headstart which was Founders only. Anyone with a brain would have figured out Server Upgrades or More Servers were needed.

plompkin
09-18-2014, 04:30 PM

Trion has been running RIFT so well for years, with a flawless launch. ArcheAge has been out in the East with tons of servers for this very reason (Korea's got 24 to our 7). ANet was patching ♥♥♥♥ and fixing things, especially the few connectivity issues they had, with GW2 day one.

Third day of operation and this band of chuckles think the best strategy is sticking their heads in the sand and hoping the issues go away.

cajuero
09-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Trion, you guys aren't conservatively "anticipating" a population drop off... you're making it happen. Open more damn servers, 4,5,6,7,8,9 hour wait times is INSANITY!~ Kicking, reporting, PKing afk players is ridiculous. You created a crises due to inappropriate server/population ratios. Instead of fixing the obvious in an equally conservative way... you're just flushing new players down the commode and out the door! Is that your "fix?"

i agree with every word he said you just antecipating server population drop off 10 am there already 1000 in queue 2 hours later there is 3000 or you wake up early to play or you just dont play THERE IS NO SENSE IN MAINTAIN THE SERVER LIKE THIS IM NOW 8 HOURS IN THE DAMN QUEUE

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Trion has been running RIFT so well for years, with a flawless launch. ArcheAge has been out in the East with tons of servers for this very reason (Korea's got 24 to our 7). ANet was patching ♥♥♥♥ and fixing things, especially the few connectivity issues they had, with GW2 day one.

Third day of operation and this band of chuckles think the best strategy is sticking their heads in the sand and hoping the issues go away.

Yes, because Anet has done such a wonderful job fixing the known performance issues the past 2 years. It doesn't matter how many games you own. anytime something new starts, there will be issues.

You realize there was Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Headstart right...
All servers had Queue even during Headstart which was Founders only. Anyone with a brain would have figured out Server Upgrades or More Servers were needed.

You do realize none of those compare to the opening launch day? A lot of gamers will wait to join a game during the official launch because they do not wish to hunt for bugs.

Anyone with a brain would have figured out that they are taking that approach, but cautiously because they understand the repercussions of overloading the servers/adding too many. You on the other hand don't seem to.

SoMetalDude
09-18-2014, 04:36 PM

Since we're on the topic and I remember a Guild Mate addressing the same "claim" made last night by another Guild Mate.. I would like to share this with you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=74788

Specifically post #102 and #103.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Since we're on the topic and I remember a Guild Mate addressing the same "claim" made last night by another Guild Mate.. I would like to share this with you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=74788

Specifically post #102 and #103.

If I could like this post, I would.

Yakushi
09-18-2014, 04:38 PM
how I start building my own house?

Slothir
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Have you guys really thought about how many people are running in place or riding mounts because online labor generation is higher than offline? I think this and this alone would make people more comfortable with logging off. Seems like something that could be changed quickly and easily.

I agree to an extent. The problem is that it is also different from patron to free to play gamers. I like the idea that you are awarded with labor while being ingame more than offline. It makes sense, but to turn it off when offline would probably just make the game very boring and less playable for all. You would never have enough labor to anything really. It is a complicated change I would think

PR3SIDENT
09-18-2014, 04:41 PM
I agree to an extent. The problem is that it is also different from patron to free to play gamers. I like the idea that you are awarded with labor while being ingame more than offline. It makes sense, but to turn it off when offline would probably just make the game very boring and less playable for all. You would never have enough labor to anything really. It is a complicated change I would think

https://twitter.com/hartsman/status/512747019979350017

DogHero
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
most times you have to plan ahead to play ...
take right now i am still 1000 in que (started at 2142) still says > 1 hour

even if I wanted to use one of the new servers (that also have que) I would have to give up my current character that I've spend my credits on....

so I am forced to tough it out till servers die down ( as they will in a few months or weeks depending on problems from servers) till then it's que city!

not to mention having the gods disconnecting you from time to time for no reason

oh and the LAGG!
going to accept or turn in a quest you end up stuck some times for no damn reason

But I do love this game ... and I will continue playing it but damn guys
I think you might have rushed it a bit ... and I also feel bad for the people who just started that did not have pre-launch access (even if it was hit and miss) no houses for most of you ... least till people stop paying taxes and give up patron
I do see that happening a good deal sooner or later

plompkin
09-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Yes, because Anet has done such a wonderful job fixing the known performance issues the past 2 years. It doesn't matter how many games you own. anytime something new starts, there will be issues

No, you just don't seem to get it. It is bad business that there are people with exponentially more time waiting in a queue rather than playing the game. The people complaining here on the forums are the vocal minority of that camp, the rest see a 4+ hour wait, uninstall the game, and stop giving a damn as it withers away. This is absolutely inexcusable from a business standpoint, and yet it seems as if no one really cares.

You can keep on with your "WELL GUIZE ITS JUST LAUNCH PLZ STOP BE MAD", it does nothing. It's sad when a game manages to make SWTOR's launch look smooth as butter and yet also makes it's lifespan look an eternity.

Slothir
09-18-2014, 04:43 PM
how I start building my own house?

Sorry you are too late to the game. Most of the land have been taken on most of the servers. Hopefully there might be some spots on the new servers that came late.

Meuck
09-18-2014, 04:46 PM
about answer to the question "Are more servers going to be opened?" are mistaken. 20 000 people will not stop playing in a week.

but 25 000 will in the medium term, if immediate action is not taken.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
No, you just don't seem to get it. It is bad business that there are people with exponentially more time waiting in a queue rather than playing the game. The people complaining here on the forums are the vocal minority of that camp, the rest see a 4+ hour wait, uninstall the game, and stop giving a damn as it withers away. This is absolutely inexcusable from a business standpoint, and yet it seems as if no one really cares.

You can keep on with your "WELL GUIZE ITS JUST LAUNCH PLZ STOP BE MAD", it does nothing. It's sad when a game manages to make SWTOR's launch look smooth as butter and yet also makes it's lifespan look an eternity.

And you think complaining about the issue and offering solutions with limited knowledge on the subject helps? Oh the mirth. This is not inexcusable, it's how these types of games work at launch. There are issues. If you cannot accept this, then you have picked the wrong hobby.

Jag
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Here's the TL;DR

Is Trion ok with people waiting in 4 hour queues and find this reasonable?

Yup.

Sen003
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
im currently in queue right now in position 250 around 15mins, I think that the only time I/people could play is late night or at 1am which is kinda sad :( since queue times last all morning to evening until one eventually logs in this kinda spoils the game experience at first glance.

Avantgardian
09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
We really need the Character Transfer option, Eanna is unplayable for me and i need to get my char out of there, i wouldn't have cared but i spent credits on him :(

Anyways thanks for the update and please fix the patron status

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Here's the TL;DR

Is Trion ok with people waiting in 4 hour queues and find this reasonable?

Yup.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong good sir.

slaveyard
09-18-2014, 04:54 PM
unreasonably long que times there needs to be either an increase of 30-35% to servers to allow less que times, since you can be in que for 2.5 hours and then it just freezes.... and you get to go to the back of the line again... or they need to open 3-5 more servers with 15% more population the stability has been great... it's almost like our voice isn't even heard.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:55 PM
unreasonably long que times there needs to be either an increase of 30-35% to servers to allow less que times, since you can be in que for 2.5 hours and then it just freezes.... and you get to go to the back of the line again... or they need to open 3-5 more servers with 15% more population the stability has been great... it's almost like our voice isn't even heard.

Technically speaking it isn't. Putting that aside, they're seen your feedback and responded accordingly. You can browse various threads and find that your complaint is common.

Sen003
09-18-2014, 04:56 PM
increasing server capacity will create it to lag/crash in game whereas creating more servers will make the game in the long run a ghost town when the population goes down, both actions have consequences.

however upgrading existing server hardware to hold more people would be better because FFXIV had these problems last year september 2013 but gradually as one week 1/2 passed sqaure enix upgraded each server to hold more players whilst adding some more servers to compensate the remaining people that are still stuck in queue.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
increasing server capacity will create it to lag/crash in game whereas creating more servers will make the game in the long run a ghost town when the population goes down, both actions have consequences.

however upgrading existing server hardware to hold more people would be better because FFXIV had these problems last year september 2013 but gradually as one week 1/2 passed sqaure enix upgraded each server to hold more players whilst adding some more servers to compensate the remaining people that are still stuck in queue.

That would be a good solution, but would also take time. Given the responses recently, I doubt people are willing to wait.

Tarryn
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Make me a GM and I will go in and kick people doing circles.

Oh my gosh yes please! I would LOVE to help here, I see them all the time!! I came across a player, who's name will remain unmentioned, who is a neighbor to me, and quite a rude person actually... who designed a macro where he would glide half way up the side of the mountain 4 times and fall back to the same spot, then play his Lute and use a "blink" ability.

This rotation was repeating for hours. I wanted to report him, but there was NO WAY I was wasting my labor points to report someone... sorry lol but labor points are worth more to me than gold atm!!

plink
09-18-2014, 05:02 PM

Seriously! This game should not be open to people that aren't paying so that paying customers have to wait. I love the game. I love the founder status and gear, but I'm 3 hours of queue time from getting a refund and moving on to something else. I have heard that if you booted the F2P people the backlash would hurt your long term profit potential. My opining is that letting them take up server space that I am paying for is going to hurt your ability to make profits on the short term.

This is ridiculous.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Seriously! This game should not be open to people that aren't paying so that paying customers have to wait. I love the game. I love the founder status and gear, but I'm 3 hours of queue time from getting a refund and moving on to something else. I have heard that if you booted the F2P people the backlash would hurt your long term profit potential. My opining is that letting them take up server space that I am paying for is going to hurt your ability to make profits on the short term.

This is ridiculous.

Typical self-entitled idiocy. Luckily your opinion doesn't have much of an impact on the decisions Trion makes.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:06 PM

This is ridiculous.
That would make Archage the first MMORPG in history to go from F2P to P2P. Can't see that happening. But what would help are the new servers being for patrons only. lol Just saying.

plink
09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Typical self-entitled idiocy. Luckily your opinion doesn't have much of an impact on the decisions Trion makes.

Don't you expect to be able to use something you pay for at the expense of those that don't?

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
That would make Archage the first MMORPG in history to go from F2P to P2P. Can't see that happening. But what would help are the new servers being for patrons only. lol Just saying.

If you think competing for land on 8 servers now is bad, imagine a couple of Patron only servers.

Don't you expect to be able to use something you pay for at the expense of those that don't?

Given the nature of the game, no. That's what P2p games are for.

Quasar
09-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Sure wish Trion people would quit posting on forum threads as users.

I paid. Lock the highest queued servers from Free2Poor players for the first 2 weeks.

zodum
09-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Hello adventurers!

In the two days since launch, we've seen tons of new players visiting the forums to start and join discussions. We've written up this set of frequently asked questions about launch. Also, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

Are you really paying attention to player feedback? and watching the forms? really? if so are you reading it or did you out source it to India where they dont really understand English and are trained to say power down unplug and reboot.

plink
09-18-2014, 05:10 PM
If you think competing for land on 8 servers now is bad, imagine a couple of Patron only servers.

You must have realized by now that I am paying to play. I'm just not being allowed to play what I have paid for. They should cull the service population by eliminating those that aren't paying until the new servers arrive.

Visigoth
09-18-2014, 05:11 PM
That would be a good solution, but would also take time. Given the responses recently, I doubt people are willing to wait.

People waited because it was communicated within days of launch.

Headstarters already warned Trion about this but no action was taken. Servers were added at the end of headstart means no one bothered to move to the new servers after 4 days.

Archeum pack owners definitely weren't moving because of how their daru chests were once off so there is negative benifit to moving to a new server.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:14 PM

Sorry but I don't exactly get your meaning. What I was saying (and I don't know the effects of it since I don't work for Trion nor am I an expert) is the free players is an unpredictable number of players but the patrons aren't. They know how many patrons they have and can maybe predict how much space they'll need for those patrons. And in the future if the population of patrons gets low they can begin to unlock those patron servers to free players.

Again, im not expert and am just having fun talking about this while in the queue. No need to go at my opinion like its Gospel or something.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:15 PM
You must have realized by now that I am paying to play. I'm just not being allowed to play what I have paid for. They should cull the service population by eliminating those that aren't paying until the new servers arrive.

No, because the game is advertised as a f2p game. Therefore, eliminating f2p players, even temporarily would be wrong and an inaccurate representation of the company. They have as much right to play the game as you do. The only difference is you get the deserved benefits (discounting the current server issues, which is temporary).

Sorry but I don't exactly get your meaning. What I was saying (and I don't know the effects of it since I don't work for Trion nor am I an expert) is the free players is an unpredictable number of players but the patrons aren't. They know how many patrons they have and can maybe predict how much space they'll need for those patrons. And in the future if the population of patrons gets low they can begin to unlock those patron servers to free players.

Again, im not expert and am just having fun talking about this while in the queue. No need to go at my opinion like its Gospel or something.

No worries xD I'm just snappy with people who are absurdly stupid, I'm having fun chatting with everyone.

I see what you mean though. I was raising the point that patron only servers would be bad for housing. My thought was that if we had f2p and p2p worlds, then patrons could not build houses on the f2p worlds, therefore further limiting the amount of available land.

plink
09-18-2014, 05:16 PM
3 hours an counting...................

plink
09-18-2014, 05:18 PM
No, because the game is advertised as a f2p game. Therefore, eliminating f2p players, even temporarily would be wrong and an inaccurate representation of the company. They have as much right to play the game as you do. The only difference is you get the deserved benefits (discounting the current server issues, which is temporary).

No worries xD I'm just snappy with people who are absurdly stupid, I'm having fun chatting with everyone.

I actually don't disagree with you entirely. I think that while they are having server problems, free to play should be postponed.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:19 PM
I actually don't disagree with you entirely. I think that while they are having server problems, free to play or should be postponed.

Or simply limited to X amount of servers with Patrons having the most serves to access.

plompkin
09-18-2014, 05:19 PM
And you think complaining about the issue and offering solutions with limited knowledge on the subject helps? Oh the mirth. This is not inexcusable, it's how these types of games work at launch. There are issues. If you cannot accept this, then you have picked the wrong hobby.

So you're saying that these insane queues are acceptable and people should just not attempt to play the game for days on end? You just don't understand how these things work; first impressions are EVERYTHING. Your 'great knowledge' of MMOs clearly comes from your rear end (just beyond your head) because any issue stopping a massive amount of players from even playing the game at launch is considered kind of a big deal. Letting it sit for days is not a good decision.

Please go down to your local community college and take a course in anything relating to customer relations, because your errant fanboying makes really ♥♥♥♥ty arguments.

Yakushi
09-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Sorry you are too late to the game. Most of the land have been taken on most of the servers. Hopefully there might be some spots on the new servers that came late.

aww but how you know that they are free land or not?

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:24 PM
So you're saying that these insane queues are acceptable and people should just not attempt to play the game for days on end? You just don't understand how these things work; first impressions are EVERYTHING. Your 'great knowledge' of MMOs clearly comes from your rear end (just beyond your head) because any issue stopping a massive amount of players from even playing the game at launch is considered kind of a big deal. Letting it sit for days is not a good decision.

Please go down to your local community college and take a course in anything relating to customer relations, because your errant fanboying makes really ♥♥♥♥ty arguments.

The amount of anger in some of these posts never cease to amaze me, nor does some peoples lack of reading. When I say these problems are not inexcusable, I'm saying they are to be expected and should not create such a large overreaction. Should the ques be this high? Of course not. I don't want anyone to have to wait that long to play a game they like. But I also understand the technical difficulties that come with these situations.

I understand how customer relations work, but it changes when you enter this type of environment. This is not fanboying, this is rational thought, a concept you are unfamiliar with. First impressions may be everything to YOU, but some people choose to dig past the skin layer. Metaphorically speaking, you are a maggot ^.^.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:27 PM

I see what you mean though. I was raising the point that patron only servers would be bad for housing. My thought was that if we had f2p and p2p worlds, then patrons could not build houses on the f2p worlds, therefore further limiting the amount of available land.

Forgive my edit of your post just wanted to quote the relevant part. What if patrons were not restricted from accessing the f2p servers? lol

DarkFayte
09-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Welp, I'm done. After reading your comment of adding new servers you guys are clearly not taking this seriously. I was extremely excited for this launch and here we are on day 2 and I haven't even played 1 single minute. Why is that? Too busy waiting hours on end to join your awesome servers. I guess this is the price we pay for F2P MMO's. It appears that you are not willing to shell out the money to meet the demands of gamers. Good luck to you and this game. I will take my business elsewhere.

GrPanic
09-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Hello adventurers!

We're aware that some players who should have Patron Time (via Founder's Packs or direct purchases) are missing it or it isn't activating. Our Platform Team is working to resolve this issue and will make sure that all players who should have Patron Time get it back. This includes the players who were affected by our EU server maintenance on 9/17 (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48034-ArcheAge-Server-Maintenance-9-17-14-at-3-00-AM-amp-7-00-PM-PDT-(GMT-7)).

so thats it 5 days of extra patron?what about over 5k labor lost(till now) cause of half the regen and/or no regen at all during offline?!?!plz do respond this is a very stressfull matter for my guild.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Forgive my edit of your post just wanted to quote the relevant part. What if patrons were not restricted from accessing the f2p servers? lol

True, Runescape does this, but restricts the paying users features once they enter those worlds. I don't agree with it, but it seems to work just fine for them.

plompkin
09-18-2014, 05:33 PM

The amount of anger in some of these posts never cease to amaze me, nor does some peoples lack of reading. When I say these problems are not inexcusable, I'm saying they are to be expected and should not create such a large overreaction. Should the ques be this high? Of course not. I don't want anyone to have to wait that long to play a game they like. But I also understand the technical difficulties that come with these situations.

I understand how customer relations work, but it changes when you enter this type of environment. This is not fanboying, this is rational thought, a concept you are unfamiliar with.

You just don't understand. People were complaining of long queues in the head start. We had connection issues and queues in beta tests, and with the amount of hyping that was done, Trion vastly underestimated the number of people wanting in the game, despite the amount of warnings they were given repeatedly. I cannot believe that you actually think that a 4 hour queue is acceptable and people should just be patient.

Let me explain something critical to you: Trion is trying to sell patron status. Players are not going to long term support the game when they have to blindly pay into it to even have a chance of playing it. I know you cannot use an iota of critical thinking, but not being able to provide a service you advertise for and expect people to want to pay for it is inexcusable. Period, end of story.

Please, make a GOOD ARGUMENT for why issues like this are acceptable. "They should be expected" is NOT one when you consider the amount of warning Trion had been given and blatantly ignored. Also, kindly leave the post purchase rationalization out of it. We know you have skin in the game, which is why you're fanboying your hardest here, but stick to whatever you can dredge up and call logic.

Spehonfyr
09-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Please StopPotting, explain or share with us a game that you paid 150$ that is now on its 7th day of 5 plus hour q's? Your point that problems are to be expected? Yes, crashing issues, application issues, even on a game that has been around in Asia for close to two years now as Archeage has. The q wait times? I logged in at 1pm today, it is now 5:32 pm and I am a Patron and still have 600 before me and 1-2 more hours wait. THAT is what is Ridiculous and Unacceptable. A full week and the Q's are longer than they were the first days launch. Longer than the first day of F2P launch. FIVE hours and growing. Five hours if I am lucky.

Sorry, but you do sound like an apologist for Trion, when you minimize this state of the Qs.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:40 PM
You just don't understand. People were complaining of long queues in the head start. We had connection issues and queues in beta tests, and with the amount of hyping that was done, Trion vastly underestimated the number of people wanting in the game, despite the amount of warnings they were given repeatedly. I cannot believe that you actually think that a 4 hour queue is acceptable and people should just be patient.

Let me explain something critical to you: Trion is trying to sell patron status. Players are not going to long term support the game when they have to blindly pay into it to even have a chance of playing it. I know you cannot use an iota of critical thinking, but not being able to provide a service you advertise for and expect people to want to pay for it is inexcusable. Period, end of story.

Please, make a GOOD ARGUMENT for why issues like this are acceptable. "They should be expected" is NOT one when you consider the amount of warning Trion had been given and blatantly ignored. Also, kindly leave the post purchase rationalization out of it. We know you have skin in the game, which is why you're fanboying your hardest here, but stick to whatever you can dredge up and call logic.

If you used any amount of critical thinking, your posts would be less susceptible to comedic mockery. I'm far from a fan boy, this is the first title from Trion that I actually enjoy!

The problem is identified now, everyone knows what the issue is. Once again, I never said 4 hour ques were acceptable, but expected. Please, for the love of the Wind God, read man! These issues are acceptable because a game of this scale needs more work than you can fathom. Actually, I haven't bought anything yet because I don't know if I'll stick with the game long enough for my purchase to be worth while. < --- That's what rational people do. They didn't ignore anything, just underestimated. Like my old boss told me when ordering materials for a metal roof... it's always better to come up short, than to purchase too much and be left with wasted materials.

Please StopPotting, explain or share with us a game that you paid 150$ that is now on its 7th day of 5 plus hour q's? Your point that problems are to be expected? Yes, crashing issues, application issues, even on a game that has been around in Asia for close to two years now as Archeage has. The q wait times? I logged in at 1pm today, it is now 5:32 pm and I am a Patron and still have 600 before me and 1-2 more hours wait. THAT is what is Ridiculous and Unacceptable. A full week and the Q's are longer than they were the first days launch. Longer than the first day of F2P launch. FIVE hours and growing. Five hours if I am lucky.

Sorry, but you do sound like an apologist for Trion, when you minimize this state of the Qs.

Oh, I see. So because I'm defending them, I'm an apologist? It can't be because I see their actions as some-what acceptable? Naw.. can't be.

I've never paid that much for a game just after official release because that's a waste of money on a product I don't know I will keep. I don't buy video cards for my pc until I see benchmarks.

Astia
09-18-2014, 05:43 PM
I get that you are creating more space on each server, but not addressing the no land issue. By allowing more people to play on each server you are creating more of a land issue and resource issue.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:44 PM
I agree that I should not be surprised that there are issue at launch, but I also agree that those who paid $150 for head start (which was advertised by Trion) but has been held out of head start due to queues have a legitimate grievance.

LogicLoop
09-18-2014, 05:46 PM

There really is just no arguing with people like you. Instead of going over the finer points and nuances of language that you missed out / glossed over on with StopPottings post, I'll just leave you and others like you with this. My now go to official response.

http://leflick.com/images/8502563112.jpg

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:47 PM
I agree that I should not be surprised that there are issue at launch, but I also agree that those who paid $150 for head start (which was advertised by Trion) but has been held out of head start due to queues have a legitimate grievance.

It is unfortunate. Like I said, I don't want you or anyone else to miss out on gameplay, especially when they've paid that much. But I do wish people would be patient while Trion sorts this out. They ran into a technical error, it's fine. The game isn't closing down, and they will still get what they purchased from compensations.

junh
09-18-2014, 05:51 PM
another problem that needs solution, its sellers of gold for real money

by cause of idiots like this, the economy of the game goes to space in a short time taking this wonderful game to his fast decline, as its rise.
keep our eyes open, and players do not buy gold
you will not only ruin your game like everyone else because the more you buy more gold worth of items will rise.

seriously this is an evil that has to be cut as in, the game is at the beginning.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:53 PM
It is unfortunate. Like I said, I don't want them to miss out on gameplay, especially when they've paid that much. But I do wish people would be patient while Trion sorts this out. They ran into a technical error, it's fine. The game isn't closing down, and they will still get what they purchased from compensations.

They are not complaining about missing out on game play. They are complaining about missing out on the $150 head start. Ya know, all the land being brought out while they are sitting in queues. They are talking about the queues being a problem for head start. At least that's what I'm seeing. And free to players like myself are just eager to play the game so some of us troll the forums on of plain spite. Don't mix the spite posters up with those that spent $150 for a head start that didn't happen.

Also, don't think im against you either. lol

Alden
09-18-2014, 05:53 PM

Well at least there's that to look forward too.. Just sucks that I will probably hardly play with my initial 35 day patron..

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 05:55 PM
They are not complaining about missing out on game play. They are complaining about missing out on the $150 head start. Ya know, all the land being brought out while they are sitting in queues. They are talking about the queues being a problem for head start. At least that's what I'm seeing. And free to players like myself are just eager to play the game so some of us troll the forums on of plain spite. Don't mix the spite posters up with those that spent $150 for a head start that didn't happen.

Also, don't think im against you either. lol

I don't think you're against me :P To each their own. Trion can compensate for the lost time/land by giving patrons early access to new content or they could easily assign a few new spots on the map specifically for head start accounts to grab. At this point all we can do is figure out a way to properly give the head start folks the compensation they deserve.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 05:58 PM
I don't think you're against me :P To each their own. Trion can compensate for the lost time/land by giving patrons early access to new content or they could easily assign a few new spots on the map specifically for head start accounts to grab. At this point all we can do is figure out a way to properly give the head start folks the compensation they deserve.

Totally and wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.

hawkmyg
09-18-2014, 05:59 PM
How much you want to bet. They get the Transfer system working it will be Pay2Move crap.

Gospel
09-18-2014, 06:03 PM
So pessimistic.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:05 PM
How much you want to bet. They get the Transfer system working it will be Pay2Move crap.

Based on this comment, I would say it wont be.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions&p=565857&viewfull=1#post565857

FryaDuck
09-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Well at least there's that to look forward too.. Just sucks that I will probably hardly play with my initial 35 day patron..

Unfortunately, some of us lost 5 days rather than gained. Seems that Trion is bad at math.

I'm already at 5k labour but I can't use it because there is no land available, all nodes are camped by people with names like dfskfsf. If you can survive the 4 hour queue (patron) then what are you left with? Griefing the other side gets boring. Plus you've got the gold farmers spamming chat.

Start another toon? Done that but still haven't received my founders pack on it.

Yakushi
09-18-2014, 06:15 PM
how you tell you in Patron queue or the general queue?

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:17 PM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2dmdn5.jpg

AND I'M PATRON!!!!! I WANT MY REFUND NOW!!!!!

DarkBreed
09-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Will I get my land back that I paid for and now can't own because I'm not acknowledged as a patron?
Will we receive reimbursement for the LP we've lost out on because were not being recognized as patrons?

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:23 PM

and i'm patron!!!!! I want my refund now!!!!!

i am zoe08 and i do not like to wait.

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:25 PM
i am zoe08 and i do not like to wait.

That's why i paid to play genius...

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:28 PM
That's why i paid to play genius...

Are you playing? Nope. That means there's a problem. Since you already know the problem, but failed to read anything else on the forums, you felt the need to relay a message that has been relayed hundreds of times. Perhaps you can skim through this topic to catch yourself up. Some of you are worse than the gold spammers.

ricklowdis
09-18-2014, 06:28 PM
8+ hours in queue paid 150 dollars for this ♥♥♥♥ing game
First 2 days it's down
Still haven't got all my perks for paying that money
Haven't been able to play for 5 days now because I get off work and I'm in queue until it's time for me to leave for work again.

So tell me what am I supposed to do?

That's the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing thing I've ever read we are busy because it's launch and we want to avoid opening more servers because we fear they will be partially populated when the rush dies down what you're going to do is lose players because if they can't login anyhow why play the ♥♥♥♥ing game?

Drkcv
09-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Refund is a crushing word.

I know. I know what it is to bust you ♥♥♥, do everything you can to stay positive, speak positive about something you know is worth it in the long run. I know that word is NOT what the company wants to comment on officially, especially in the middle of a launch. I also realize starting a mass panic of people demanding their money back when to you it is simply a time table issue that can be resolved in time is hurtful and harmful to hear.

But, as has been pointed out by others, is costly to ignore.
Something needs to be said about it, one way or the other, if you want to maintain trust with your customer base.

I'm well past the 120hours quote and zero response.
Scrapes, talk to your folks, and figure out something to say about the subject... please.
While they still trust you.

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:31 PM
I am in my right to claim what you buy, if you do not like my comment you can look at this (http://www.quickmeme.com/img/09/0961e656f12a0888bea08486bc04354c3583e1bff041f09891 e877c4e4d3e774.jpg)

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:33 PM
8+ hours in queue paid 150 dollars for this ♥♥♥♥ing game
First 2 days it's down
Still haven't got all my perks for paying that money
Haven't been able to play for 5 days now because I get off work and I'm in queue until it's time for me to leave for work again.

So tell me what am I supposed to do?

That's the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing thing I've ever read we are busy because it's launch and we want to avoid opening more servers because we fear they will be partially populated when the rush dies down what you're going to do is lose players because if they can't login anyhow why play the ♥♥♥♥ing game?

Yet one more person who doesn't understand the implications of spamming more servers. Have you ever played an MMORPG with a low population? It's boring, hard to progress and a few players monopolize everything. Do you want that? If not, then quit spamming the same suggestion that every other impatient person has spammed. It is pointless to open servers to accommodate people who will not be here in a few weeks/months. We will have entire servers become ghost towns and merging them will be a pain in the ♥♥♥. Why? Cause you have to deal with economies, player houses, rankings, ect. Just wait for Trion to fix it.

I am in my right to claim what you buy, if you do not like my comment you can look at this (http://www.quickmeme.com/img/09/0961e656f12a0888bea08486bc04354c3583e1bff041f09891 e877c4e4d3e774.jpg)

You can claim all you want, but you aren't getting it right now. You'll be compensated for your loss. Besides, you don't own anything in the game, you're just allowed to play it ^.^

LogicLoop
09-18-2014, 06:33 PM

AND I'M PATRON!!!!! I WANT MY REFUND NOW!!!!!

Sorry, you'll have to get into a queue for that. :)

xmoonliightx
09-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey, I have been really patient about everything this past week, through the buggy headstart and all the issues this week has thrown at you. I love the game, I enjoy every second I get to play it. Heck, I've loved it since Alpha and have defended it with a passion against people who complain. But today I have to say I lost my patience, after waiting 4 hours to log in to find out I had lost my Patron Status and that none of my LP had been recovered while offline. Which for a guilds blacksmith is really annoying, I had to spend credits on a Labor Pot when I didnt want to and I just want to know when I will be getting my Patron Status back

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey, I have been really patient about everything this past week, through the buggy headstart and all the issues this week has thrown at you. I love the game, I enjoy every second I get to play it. Heck, I've loved it since Alpha and have defended it with a passion against people who complain. But today I have to say I lost my patience, after waiting 4 hours to log in to find out I had lost my Patron Status and that none of my LP had been recovered while offline. Which for a guilds blacksmith is really annoying, I had to spend credits on a Labor Pot when I didnt want to and I just want to know when I will be getting my Patron Status back

At least you're nice about it. There's an updated thread you can read here. Hopefully you'll have your answer soon :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

Artimas
09-18-2014, 06:37 PM

So to you and every other god damned patron that is demanding a refund, I ask.... Will you NEVER play the game again even after the populations die down?

Unless they can find a way to lay down the ban hammer in some magic way that will keep you from playing using another IP I wouldn't get your hopes up. You may have lost some time during head start but you got/or will get (once they fix some of the perks) everything you paid for and are not entitled to a refund.

Im looking at a 1300 person queue and I paid for the $150 pack and im no where near the level of childish nerd rage that some of you are. Grow up and go watch netflix for awhile or talk to your guildmates in voice comms.

Spehonfyr
09-18-2014, 06:37 PM
If you used any amount of critical thinking, your posts would be less susceptible to comedic mockery.

:) Thank you for that. It says it all. Apologist and troll. Its a pity you decided to use personal attacks, as we actually thought you may have been credible. Moving right along....

Now approaching 6 hours in Queue.

Slimdemon
09-18-2014, 06:39 PM
What are you doing to fix these ques for Founders? Can't even get into the game waiting for a false que timer tell us you have 1h which turns into 3 or 4 hours? We're losing our 150 dollar time we spent to enjoy this game!

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:41 PM
:) Thank you for that. It says it all. Apologist and troll. Its a pity you decided to use personal attacks, as we actually thought you may have been credible. Moving right along....

Now approaching 6 hours in Queue.

Did you just justify attacking me personally because I attacked someone else? Hypocrisy is in the air!! Besides, I didn't call him/her ugly! I just pointed out the logical fallacies in their argument. That's not a personal attack. I'm not defending Trion 100%, just 85% :P

You have no inkling of my credentials, so for all you know I could be a schizophrenic in a looney home with internet access.

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
So to you and every other god damned patron that is demanding a refund, I ask.... Will you NEVER play the game again even after the populations die down?

Unless they can find a way to lay down the ban hammer in some magic way that will keep you from playing using another IP I wouldn't get your hopes up. You may have lost some time during head start but you got/or will get (once they fix some of the perks) everything you paid for and are not entitled to a refund.

Im looking at a 1300 person queue and I paid for the $150 pack and im no where near the level of childish nerd rage that some of you are. Grow up and go watch netflix for awhile or talk to your guildmates in voice comms.

It's my money, and i've been scammed. It's my right to claim what i bought

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:44 PM

Except...... you weren't scammed. Just delayed, which they've stated you will be compensated.

Artimas
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM

you didn't answer my question, or do you think it is ok to get a refund and keep playing the game with the items you recieved from your patron pack? I say that for anyone that gets a refund, they have to have their account wiped so that they don't get all the shinies unless they buy a new pack.

Hadex
09-18-2014, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcqpl96K_S0

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Jesus StopPotting... you really are something special

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Jesus StopPotting... you really are something special

The nurses think so too! I even have a special key to the lock on the piano to play the elegant tunes that pop into my special little brain.

Drkcv
1.) At this point yes. It is my choice you don't have to agree, but this was not the entertainment service I was promised in my opinion. I personally don't care to waste time waiting for the 'promise' to be fulfilled. I paid money to a cable TV service until their ever diminishing level of 'service' made me decide to change my $Vote$.
2.) I don't care WHY someone in particular wants a refund. I DO care when there is a large amount of people wanting information about one, and generally feeling there is a lack of communication about the subject. If these were your customers, would you want to sacrifice the chances of them returning later just to hold on to a one time purchase? No. Repeat business is king. Word of mouth is king. Happy people talk, unhappy people scream. More scream less customers.
3.) Exactly what business is it of yours to judge ANYONE about their FEELINGS reguarding their WALLET?
I don't have any emotional stake in your entertainment budget or how you spend it.
Be well, and have a heart.

Ironwing
Ive not been able to play for about two days STRAIGHT now because of the long arse ques. Normally I try to avoid vulgar, even semi-vulgar language on the internet since there are other words to use that are safer for all ages, cultures, whatever, but these que times are absolutely SH*T. I think its fair that each and EVERY ONE of us ask politely that our Patron times get reimbursed for these que times. Seriously, Im not waiting for FOUR F**K*** hours to play a game, when I can easily go play... WoW? Fiesta? RoM? MINECRAFT? There are plenty of other games that are either sandbox and/or MMOs that can be played, that have enough people playing and dont have these ridiculous que times because one or two people thought id be a good idea to not only NOT evaluate the amount of Founders who bought the game in the first place, then not account for the sheer amount of people who are F2P.

I dont want a refund (YET) but what I DO want is Patron time for each and every one of us to be added back to our accounts for the time we cannot get on because of a broken system and Patron time to not be drained while offline until this problem is fixed.

damipod17
09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
you think that someone that is old enough to know how to type would know things don't go as planed and how to wait

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:53 PM
If you're feeling abandoned, we have shelter for you. Visit this topic, it's gonna rain!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

Drkcv
09-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Quick corrections-
First I fully expect my refund to be a full delete of my account or any 'special' benefits that might have been gained. Fair is fair.
Second, if you are a (fanboy) angry with people for wanting a refund to leave your game... shouldn't you be ok with them? A.) Less Que B.) Less complaining unhappy people ruining your game?

Artimas
09-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Ive not been able to play for about two days STRAIGHT now because of the long arse ques. Normally I try to avoid vulgar, even semi-vulgar language on the internet since there are other words to use that are safer for all ages, cultures, whatever, but these que times are absolutely SH*T. I think its fair that each and EVERY ONE of us ask politely that our Patron times get reimbursed for these que times. Seriously, Im not waiting for FOUR F**K*** hours to play a game, when I can easily go play... WoW? Fiesta? RoM? MINECRAFT? There are plenty of other games that are either sandbox and/or MMOs that can be played, that have enough people playing and dont have these ridiculous que times because one or two people thought id be a good idea to not only NOT evaluate the amount of Founders who bought the game in the first place, then not account for the sheer amount of people who are F2P.

I dont want a refund (YET) but what I DO want is Patron time for each and every one of us to be added back to our accounts for the time we cannot get on because of a broken system and Patron time to not be drained while offline until this problem is fixed.

I just want to add that I do think we should get some patron time reimbursed, that should go without saying.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Quick corrections-
First I fully expect my refund to be a full delete of my account or any 'special' benefits that might have been gained. Fair is fair.
Second, if you are a (fanboy) angry with people for wanting a refund to leave your game... shouldn't you be ok with them? A.) Less Que B.) Less complaining unhappy people ruining your game?

Agreed, but you're complaining on the forums, which is ruining my out-of-game experience C:

MystiqueAngel
09-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Scapes - you realize with 10 hour queues... no one will want to leave the game right? >.< EVEN us founders are having 6 hour queues... Hope you have fun sitting your butt in game 24/7 because honey I refuse to report ANYONE who is afk leveling their mount or using a macro to jump in place! I wouldn't wish that queue on even my prostitute sister!

that is of course...AFTER YOUR OWN GM'S SIT IN QUEUE ALONG WITH US ;) THEN stay online 24/7 ;)

Artimas
09-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Quick corrections-

If the wave of people demanding refunds would be thoughtful enough to add in that little note then they wouldn't be viewed as qq'ing. It does change the way people view your posts and I respect that you mentioned that you aren't looking for your money back without joining the f2p ranks.

And yea I would be happy that more patrons are taken out of the priority queue, thank you for making that point.

damipod17
09-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Waiting is hard on everyone but i believe trion will make it up to the people that lost time when they get everything worked out just need to wait

Gyzar
09-18-2014, 07:22 PM
It is my feeling that Trion and XLGames vastly underestimated the need for player land. Having been a land-use planner in the real world, I can tell you there is a lot of available, usable land which could be opened up for settlement, thus reducing the lack of places for patrons to place housing and farms. Are you planning on re-evaluating whether to open up more land for settlement?

Spehonfyr
09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
" Sorry, but you do sound like an apologist for Trion, when you minimize this state of the Qs.".

I see. Saying "sorry, but you do sound like an apologist" is a personal attack. Wow. The same as directly demeaning anyone who questions your opinion, making "mockery" of them and feeling free to openly marginalize their opinion, make personal remarks and troll others opinions.

Now would be the time for me to "quote" personally "un-quote", attack you. But, please go ahead and continue your trolling. You apparently need the attention, while the rest of us just want TRION to enact some sort of fix to this situation.

meanwhile, while you make your next trolling comment and....now going on 7 hrs in Q.

StopPotting
09-18-2014, 07:43 PM
" Sorry, but you do sound like an apologist for Trion, when you minimize this state of the Qs.".

I see. Saying "sorry, but you do sound like an apologist" is a personal attack. Wow. The same as directly demeaning anyone who questions your opinion, making "mockery" of them and feeling free to openly marginalize their opinion, make personal remarks and troll others opinions.

Now would be the time for me to "quote" personally "un-quote", attack you. But, please go ahead and continue your trolling. You apparently need the attention, while the rest of us just want TRION to enact some sort of fix to this situation.

meanwhile, while you make your next trolling comment and....now going on 7 hrs in Q.

But see, you didn't say "sound". In fact, these were your exact words:

You directly used "Apologist" and "troll" to insult me. I'm not trolling anyone..aside from the couple of mental institution jokes. See, I don't have a problem with people sharing their opinions, I encourage it; but it doesn't mean I have to respect them. Quite frankly I didn't respect his/hers, nor did they respect mine.. which is ok! I too want Trion to work on a fix, and it's exactly why I make a link in my signature to the thread containing an update to the Que issue.

Calling me a troll is a cop out because you can't scrounge up a decent counter-argument. That is not my problem, that is yours. Besides, a solution is being worked on which is what this thread was originally for, how about we jump back on topic instead of calling one another out?

Click mah signature for updates.

Advogirl36
09-18-2014, 08:29 PM
I agree with you logicloop, if they through caution to the wind and throw up servers in mass quantity now there could be more problems later on down the road like those of us that play for free will be forced to pay $15 a month minimum so they can keep those unused servers up and going. I started playing trion games back when Rift was not free to play and had to stop playing and cancel my account due to money. Now that it is free I can play rift again and I was waiting for this game to come out cause the adds made it look worth the checking out. from the playing I was able to do so far i'm glad I installed it.

DaiMaou
09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm a F2P player so I understand that I will have long queue times, but it would be nice if I had a slightly better knowledge of how long I will queue rather than "Waiting Time: >1hr." It would also be nice to know how long I had to wait even if it wasn't completely accurate.

As a side note, my current waiting time for the queue is 12hrs + and still waiting XD
Just please give me and others a better estimate of the queue times if possible. That way we can tell whether it will be worth waiting for the queue or not. It also would help us plan out our schedule a little better since some people have work and school. If they knew they had to wait for 6hrs long some of them may not have queued freeing up some of the space.

Here's actual proof of my queue time
http://i.imgur.com/XudeFel.jpg?1

Zyng
09-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Bring up some new servers, allow ONLY Headstart customers to transfer existing characters or create new characters on them for the first 5 days. Problems solved. Headstart get a new headstart, and queue problem likely resolved.

If you make too many servers you can always force transfers later like every other MMO in history has done. Overbuild so you dont lose customers.

Also please fix the Payment system, ive been trying for 5 days to purchase credits and patron status and it will not accept a credit card, paypal, or anything.

Yakushi
09-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I wait from 10 am to 8:30 pm and I got disconnect wtf

http://i62.tinypic.com/vh95kk.png

ncbwilson
09-18-2014, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't wish that queue on even my prostitute sister!

Can we get back to this reply which seems important to me.

Finthevasta
09-18-2014, 09:55 PM
and somehow i lost my patron status, now i have to que so long i cant even play...
and then when i get online there is 2000 afkers and 2000 gold selling bots yelling so i need to spent time 2h to block all those spammers...

cmon trion, launch is getting worse day by day

ncbwilson
09-18-2014, 09:59 PM
...anyway 1400 in queue in front of me on Ollo as a Patron.
I'm going to bed, I should be at the character select screen when I wake up in the morning.
I don't think the game detects that as idle anyway so should be able to play when I wake up.
This might be the trend for me, when I logoff for the evening to go to bed just relaunch and queue for the next day.

ImDad
09-18-2014, 10:24 PM
...anyway 1400 in queue in front of me on Ollo as a Patron.
I'm going to bed, I should be at the character select screen when I wake up in the morning.
I don't think the game detects that as idle anyway so should be able to play when I wake up.
This might be the trend for me, when I logoff for the evening to go to bed just relaunch and queue for the next day.

For now that will work, but soon it'll no longer work since they'll improve the AFK kick system to detect players being idle on their character screen.

Marurban
09-18-2014, 10:34 PM

ArcheAge's servers have a limit on the number of active players who can be in-game at once. This limit is to prevent the server from becoming unstable due to too many actions being taken in the game (you can see examples of it when trying to access the multi-server Auction House and getting an error message).

My gosh, first game in the world which especially has not got enough capacity... You loose a lot of players, because maybe only 5% of 5k queue will be waiting 10h (or 30h, yesterday in 1360 I login after 5h) to login. Players who don't want to launch game in the night, or remotely in the day never will log in. Who accepted system in which new players can log in into game only when somebody leave? If nobody leave from game in 3days then queue will stuck for 3days? GOOD JOB!! Every game have bigger capacity to accommodate all.
Don't add new servers, just improve current... That way.

Morning 7:37 GMT+1 Kyprosa and Eanna crowded - HIGH

titcrunch
09-18-2014, 11:49 PM

We're aware that some players who should have Patron Time (via Founder's Packs or direct purchases) are missing it or it isn't activating. Our Platform Team is working to resolve this issue and will make sure that all players who should have Patron Time get it back. This includes the players who were affected by our EU server maintenance on 9/17.

an error is here from the beginning, i have the big founder pack and he offert 90 day of subcribtion and 4 days of start, so 94 day in total !

and the couldown have start the 12 SEP, today i have in my account 84 day left ! so i have lose the 4 days offert.

So is not 5 days compensate is 9 !

Logain
09-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Open the Alpha servers and let us go back and play on Alpha and Omega. At least there we could pick back up and not want to quit this quagmire your team has successfully coded itself into. You can't even fix the issue with Founders like myself and my clan that are getting 5 labor every 5 vs what was promised. Plus it's also giving us 0 LABOR while logged out. I'm sorry, this isn't a few people, there is a fairly simple reason why your phone queues rival the wait time of the actual game queues. I'm sorry but 8 hours on hold only to get a recording to send an email is a little unnerving.

You want to talk about afkers but allow people names zxcvzxcbzxcb or asdasdfasfd to create a character in the first place without blocking them with a filter? Ban just half the gold farmers and Bots running around. Easy way to spot a bot? They never get a Fortuna node after it pops. Has the phase "ACTIVE ADMINS" ever crossed anyone's minds there at Trion? Or do you just all sit on your stacks of cash drinking the tears of all us Founders to sustain your existence in the hell that you were undoubtedly spawn from.

Renkaze
09-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi Scapes,

I didn't notice about one thing in your update.

I'm playing (I'm trying anyway) on Kyprosa, and there is a main quest that gives Gildas Coins and experiences. I search on this forum but I didn't find any answer to my problem.

The main quest has disappeared. I look in quest logs and the last movie I get is the 7th.

However, I sent a ticket to support with a description of this issue. And I'm NOT the only one.

Can you give me some answer ? I'm waiting one since 09/13..

I'm sorry for my english if there are some mistakes, it's not my birth language.

Thanks to your and the dev team ! :)

Wolvarg
09-19-2014, 12:42 AM
There has been mentioned that there will be more servers to reduce the waiting time, but will there be an option to transfer a character to the new servers? Otherwise it is kind off pointless for the those that started playing during the headstart cause those players will still be on realms like Kyprosa and the waiting time won't reduce.

talvon
09-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Hi scapes,

Just adding some more room on a server is not gonna cut it cause the world is designed for an x amount of patrons and a x amount of f2p. atm there are more too many patrons meaning I can't place my farm somewhere or my house cause the area's are full. Please consider this that u are turning away a lot of potential customers just by being cautious of adding more servers. I'm would really like to know how it's possible that Russia has 22 servers, Korea has 26 yet Europe with more potential players has only 6 servers. The que times are unexceptable especially if u are paying cause u aren't delivering what u promised and u guys should be prepared to get sued a lot cause this is just a stealing the money of your loyal customers. Also take in consideration that a lot of people aren't even gona try to play AA atm who first would love to because everybody is speaking ill of it. so take 25% of the players u have right now and those are the one who will play and maybe pay for the next comming years. I hope it's enough for u guys cause with this attitude u are losing a lot of people.

Silverhaired
09-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Thank you for the posting. I would like to bring to your attention another problem that I'm experiencing. I'm being constantly being DCed while in the queue waiting to log in to server and as a consequence losing my place in the queue. (I have had to queue before but this wasn't a problem I had encountered). This happened yesterday afternoon for over 6 hours and is happening again this morning. I haven't had any ISP connection problems and the game was working reasonably (when I managed to get on) before maintenance yesterday. I also noticed yesterday morning that my patron status buff had disappeared (I have put a ticket in about this). I'm particularly worried about the my large farm that I finally managed to find a spot to place.
This is extremely frustrating. My server is Kyprosa (EU).

Silverwings
09-19-2014, 02:51 AM
I managed to have no queue yesterday morning (11am EU Time) because I seem have still have my patron status but once I am in, buffs and the ability of a patron are all gone. No labor points, can't put down houses etc.
This morning I have a QUEUE of more then an hour. The server maintenance was done 2 days ago and we still do not have the issue resolve. What the hell is going on? Reverse the bloody fix and test the bloody fix before you make it go live. You are making things impossible for people who had paid loads of money to play on Alpha/beta and to the real game.
How are you going to compensate our labor points and the time lost in our farm harvests plus the loss of land space which we found and can't put down the farm/house. This is insane. Land space is so scarce and finding a plot is like finding gold mine, how can we be expected to be compensated with that?

Dracones
09-19-2014, 02:53 AM
Just perfect , waiting and waiting ... finally almost in the game and the queue freeze O_O , 30min on place 11, game crash an you can start again ...

Pororin
09-19-2014, 03:39 AM
Man I sure wish I could play this game I paid money for!
Logging in to Kyprosa EU is impossible for me now because of the long queues.
First I try to log in early in the morning before work, but get a 5+ hour queue so I never get ingame in time.
Then I try to log in after work, but nope, 6-8 hour queue. If this continues on I will lose my house and farms. I wish you guys at Trion could do the one job you needed to do, but apparently you don't know anything about MMO launches even though you've hosted them before. I do know MMO launches are usually unstable or have long queue times as I've taken part in plenty, but I've NEVER seen one where you actually can't log into the game because the queues last for over 6 hours.

Nirad
09-19-2014, 03:40 AM
What about people who want a refund for the game? When will we be contacted? I have submitted a ticket and talked to someone in an online chat. After waiting almost 24 hours for that that chat. Your Headstart weekend was a mess. People are still having issues logging in with long wait times. Items that you are supposed to get for buying into the founders pack are still not there. Please just refund my money for the founders pack.

Hello adventurers!

In the two days since launch, we've seen tons of new players visiting the forums to start and join discussions. We've written up this set of frequently asked questions about launch. Also, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

Am I in the Patron queue or the general queue?

Originally, the game clearly showed which queue you were in. We recently introduced a ten-minute grace period that allows players who are disconnected from the game to rejoin their server without having to wait in the queue. A temporary side effect of this addition is that the current queue prompt doesn't designate which queue you're in. We are working with XLGAMES to make it so it does show this information.

Since Head Start, we've opened five new servers effectively adding 50% more capacity to our initial server list. Over the last two days, we've increased the total player capacity of our North American servers by 20% and our largest EU server, Kyprosa, by 10%.

No, not when we have server queues. Our Game Masters will be kicking players who are AFK and leveling their mounts to make room for active players.

Where are my Founder's Pack perks?

Founder's Pack perks are sent to characters via the in-game mail system. We're aware that some players purchased a Founder's Pack but did not receive this in-game mail due to our distribution platform being slower than expected. We will make certain that all Founders automatically get the perks that they purchased.

Our Support Team can assist you in getting your items in the interim. Submitting a help ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/) or consulting our live chat (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch) will get you the help you need. Please note that we have a lot of tickets and chats active right now but you will definitely be responded to in the order received.

This thread will be updated as questions are added, answers are updated, and issues are resolved, so be sure to keep checking back. Be sure to also read our ArcheAge Launch: Known Issues (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?47390-ArcheAge-Launch-Known-Issues) thread. Thanks for your patience!

rezreaver
09-19-2014, 04:24 AM
I want to no we paid for patron head start we did not get that we paid for parton queues we are not getting that so if we have paid for all this and you have not delivered on anythink we must have a refund...

StopPotting
09-19-2014, 04:29 AM
I want to no we paid for patron head start we did not get that we paid for parton queues we are not getting that so if we have paid for all this and you have not delivered on anythink we must have a refund...

It states explicitly they do not offer refunds. Therefore, you will not be getting one. You will get compensation for your loses; you'll just have to wait and see what the compensations are.

Dinky
09-19-2014, 04:48 AM
I find I can't even queue up for servers longer than 30 minutes cause they disconnect me. These queues take up so much of my bandwidth it's unreal. Starting and RESTARTING queues 9 times a day for 15 HOURS is ridiculous...

Jaorin
09-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Dowloading Glyph update 6 hours i got only 20% well take me 24 houes to get in the game i guess

santsa
09-19-2014, 05:04 AM
yeah, it is ridiculous if queues keep going like this, i mean being a patron costs almost as much as WoW memberships...they really should fix all the founder pack problems and queues to get this thing going...i mean if i see queue of 2000 ppl during prime time, il just go play something else.

Litdig
09-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Well the good news is new hardware is incoming. That's great news!

iHADES
09-19-2014, 05:36 AM
The best course of action is to accept the truth of big failure, shutdown everything to prevent more damage done to some customers and reopened the service once the issue has been resolved.

Mephalas
09-19-2014, 05:48 AM
My experience at this horrible Arche Age launch:
2 Days no login!!! I waited in this qeue nearly 20 hours overall in the last few days, got kicked out of queue 3 times cause I was doing something better with my time, but only had the Chance to play for less then 3hrs cause of derp server lags and crash problems. Thats disgusting, even for a starting time week. I had played a lot of games, but this is way over "acceptable". Compared this to games like Guild Wars 2 or Diablo 3 where the Publishers failed with launching the game too, this is far worse.
If this weekend isn't getting any better I personally go play one of the many other games I have and leave it with this game.

There are so many better games starting in the next months like Everquest and so on, so its no need to force me into this or even put my money into it and dont have a functional game. I feel sorry for Founder Pack players, that payed so much money and can not play. That is the reason I didn't waste my money on a Founders Pack: I knew that this was coming.

For me personally, I was waiting nearly one year for the launch of Arche Age in Europe, I signed and played beta and was about to buy a founders pack. BUT It was a indefinete feeling, when I saw the immense prices for Founders Packs with Beta access and the strange benefits of "Premium"-Status etc., that this game will get in trouble.
I presumed that it will be a strange free to play system and they only want as much players as possible to spend their money for more stuff in game. And as presumed it came true. Same thing that Codemasters did with LOTRO, and Codemasters failed hard with that.

Look at them argueing that they "underestimated" the numbers of new players want to play at launch. Thats a European launch, what did they expect?
And even more they took the low amount of "Founders" to presume the Number of Players want to play at "Free to play" Launch?!? Megafail!
You can not take the little Number of Founder Pack Players add some Numbers and hope this will work for launch. That never worked for any other game in the last Years.
Europe Players have so much choice to play MMo's for free, and they don't need another fake Free to play game, even it is a little bit better then others. It's a bad excuse I think.
Europe is the "Free to play Wonderland". We have so many good games that are "really" free to play and many of them are good and playable, why should a normal europe player put nearly 50€ in a game with no chance to know if it is worth to play?!? Me personally, I only invest my money in games that do work and theres no feeling of getting ripped of and have some kind of fake free to play system.

In the End I am so damn disapointed for now, with what Trion and XL Games did. Look at the other games like Rift or Definance, or look at Guild Wars 2. Damit I really don't know how less the Publishers know about the pontential of Europe Players.
If its not getting better in the next days, I do something better with my time.

Best Luck for all of us queue zombies to get into game somehow...Since then

Unphazable
09-19-2014, 05:57 AM
It states explicitly they do not offer refunds. Therefore, you will not be getting one. You will get compensation for your loses; you'll just have to wait and see what the compensations are.

Omg can someone please take away this guy's keyboard. I am really tired of reading his post bashing everyone who has something negative to say about the game or Trion.

Welby
09-19-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't really understand what is every this complaining about it.

This is just the third day from the launch. It's ridicoulus hear people speak about HORRIBLE LAUNCH EXPERIENCE... and a lot of cries..

I can understand your disappoint but please,stop complaining about it,just wait for some fixed and more servers,that's all.

Also,i was more angry before this statment,after that i think they have react good to this situation and they're working hard. Just understand that and be patience.

Luu
09-19-2014, 06:04 AM

I agree, and I'm a Founder. I think it would be bad to have classism in a game. Leave that nonsense for Real Life. We should not be segregated based on how much we do or do not pay.

Akrasjel
09-19-2014, 06:19 AM

Cool

I'll ask this: How is a player suposed to no be kicked when he isk afk(for max 30mins beacause he has to do something IRL, things happen) and then wait another one hour que or more ???

StopPotting
09-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Omg can someone please take away this guy's keyboard. I am really tired of reading his post bashing everyone who has something negative to say about the game or Trion.

No no, I haven't bashed everyone who disagreed with Trion. I only bashed those who did it inappropriately. if you read through my profile you'll find a few posts of mine where I calmly talk with other people :) Your best bet is to log out of the forums because I'm going to continue to comment on the nonsense posted here. Besides, I've stated constantly that I don't approve of the constant que's.

Besides, I didn't bash the guy. I just told him what's in the TOS. Trion already said they will compensate those who didn't get a chance to utilize their head start. What's wrong with that?

My experience at this horrible Arche Age launch:
2 Days no login!!! I waited in this qeue nearly 20 hours overall in the last few days, got kicked out of queue 3 times cause I was doing something better with my time, but only had the Chance to play for less then 3hrs cause of derp server lags and crash problems. Thats disgusting, even for a starting time week. I had played a lot of games, but this is way over "acceptable". Compared this to games like Guild Wars 2 or Diablo 3 where the Publishers failed with launching the game too, this is far worse.
If this weekend isn't getting any better I personally go play one of the many other games I have and leave it with this game.

There are so many better games starting in the next months like Everquest and so on, so its no need to force me into this or even put my money into it and dont have a functional game. I feel sorry for Founder Pack players, that payed so much money and can not play. That is the reason I didn't waste my money on a Founders Pack: I knew that this was coming.

For me personally, I was waiting nearly one year for the launch of Arche Age in Europe, I signed and played beta and was about to buy a founders pack. BUT It was a indefinete feeling, when I saw the immense prices for Founders Packs with Beta access and the strange benefits of "Premium"-Status etc., that this game will get in trouble.
I presumed that it will be a strange free to play system and they only want as much players as possible to spend their money for more stuff in game. And as presumed it came true. Same thing that Codemasters did with LOTRO, and Codemasters failed hard with that.

Look at them argueing that they "underestimated" the numbers of new players want to play at launch. Thats a European launch, what did they expect?
And even more they took the low amount of "Founders" to presume the Number of Players want to play at "Free to play" Launch?!? Megafail!
You can not take the little Number of Founder Pack Players add some Numbers and hope this will work for launch. That never worked for any other game in the last Years.
Europe Players have so much choice to play MMo's for free, and they don't need another fake Free to play game, even it is a little bit better then others. It's a bad excuse I think.
Europe is the "Free to play Wonderland". We have so many good games that are "really" free to play and many of them are good and playable, why should a normal europe player put nearly 50€ in a game with no chance to know if it is worth to play?!? Me personally, I only invest my money in games that do work and theres no feeling of getting ripped of and have some kind of fake free to play system.

In the End I am so damn disapointed for now, with what Trion and XL Games did. Look at the other games like Rift or Definance, or look at Guild Wars 2. Damit I really don't know how less the Publishers know about the pontential of Europe Players.
If its not getting better in the next days, I do something better with my time.

Best Luck for all of us queue zombies to get into game somehow...Since then

It's impossible to plan for a population of this magnitude. Did you thoroughly read their update post?

njdurkin
09-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Please add new set of servers (1 to 4) with new auction house. There are plenty of players and more will come when there isn't a wait time to play the game each time! This isn't the end all solution but it is a start. Better to do it sooner than later.

Yar987
09-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Besides, I didn't bash the guy. I just told him what's in the TOS. Trion already said they will compensate those who didn't get a chance to utilize their head start. What's wrong with that?

It's impossible to plan for a population of this magnitude. Did you thoroughly read their update post?

Only headstart? How about those who haven't gotten to utilize anything since Tuesday on top of that?

It's impossible to plan for how many people bought founders packs prior to headstart, which was jam packed and overfilled?

It's impossible to see how many accounts were made, but with nothing purchased to get an estimate of F2P players on launch day?

I don't believe that, everything can be prepared for. With the amount of capital generated even before headstart, Trion should have at least had the capacity on-hand to deal with a higher than anticipated turn-out. Incompetence does not deserve defense, in any medium. It deserves to be replaced with competence.

mza325
09-19-2014, 09:29 AM
trion schould just fire some ppl like FINAL FANTASY XIV did when there first mmorpg game was a failure

Refleckz
09-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Still havent got my patron.
Server: Aranzeb
Username: Refleckz

Rehna
09-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey, what's about the people who still missing their Patron-Status and will lose their houses because they can't pay the taxes?
Please give one week free tax for all houses (for example) or something like that - I have payed 140 for the chance to get a good location and now
it seems like I will lose it without any compensation... I know that I'm not the only Patron with that problem, so please do something to save our houses.

Scapes
09-19-2014, 10:01 AM
UPDATED: Are more servers going to be opened?

Yes! As of this morning (9/19), new NA servers have been physically racked at our Texas data center and are being imaged (which means the standard ArcheAge server software is being installed to them). We have EU servers making their way through customs to our Amsterdam data center right now. We've seen players ask why these servers weren't purchased locally which is a great question: we had to do it this way in the interest of expediency. Going through a new hardware provider in EU would have been weeks of contracts, getting the right configurations, and a bunch of other delays. Even though the new EU servers are in customs, you'll be getting them as quickly as possible.

For more details, please read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info).

NEW: I saw someone using a botting script in-game, what's being done about it?

We're taking a very aggressive stance on handling botting, exploiting, and other forms of illegal gameplay. For example, in the last day alone (9/18), we've blocked more than 5000 bad accounts from making purchases and have banned more than 3000 others from the game.

Rehna
09-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Scapes what's about the people who will lose their houses because they're missing their patron status?

Cogadh
09-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the update Scapes! So as a point of curiosity, in a typical scenario, how soon after the hardware has arrived and been physically installed does it take to launch them? I figure this isn't a typical scenario, but even still you'll probably want to do testing. Should we be expecting to see the NA servers up tomorrow? next week?

Thanks again!

Cog

Kiz
09-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Great didnt see this FAQ

Cogadh
09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
trion schould just fire some ppl like FINAL FANTASY XIV did when there first mmorpg game was a failure

That's a completely irrelevant statement. FFXIV was a terrible game with terrible gameplay and mechanics, or so sayeth their community (I never played). The same is not being said here. Yes, Launch has been rough, no one is crazy enough to deny that, but the gameplay itself is largely well received.

Flaccid
09-19-2014, 10:13 AM
That's a completely irrelevant statement. FFXIV was a terrible game with terrible gameplay and mechanics, or so sayeth their community (I never played). The same is not being said here. Yes, Launch has been rough, no one is crazy enough to deny that, but the gameplay itself is largely well received.

Who said the people that worked on the gameplay should be fired?

mza325
09-19-2014, 10:13 AM

Yes! As of this morning (9/19), new NA servers have been physically racked at our Texas data center and are being imaged (which means the standard ArcheAge server software is being installed to them). We have EU servers making their way through customs to our Amsterdam data center right now. We've seen players ask why these servers weren't purchased locally which is a great question: we had to do it this way in the interest of expediency. Going through a new hardware provider in EU would have been weeks of contracts, getting the right configurations, and a bunch of other delays. Even though the new EU servers are in customs, you'll be getting them as quickly as possible.

We're taking a very aggressive stance on handling botting, exploiting, and other forms of illegal gameplay. For example, in the last day alone (9/18), we've blocked more than 5000 bad accounts from making purchases and have banned more than 3000 others from the game.

this wont help with the que ppl gonna stil play on the same server

Flaccid
09-19-2014, 10:14 AM
this wont help with the que ppl gonna stil play on the same server
^this

Give free server transfers to "low population servers".

Raodr
09-19-2014, 10:14 AM

WOW GREAT update.. let me check: Missing patron - not fixed! Do something for the money you got!

Cogadh
09-19-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't really think anyone should be fired. For the people who got sacked on FFXIV, much of that game's controversy was surrounding the game content itself. People here are raging because the launch has been rough. Has it been bad? yes, of course it has. Has it been the worst? That's a largely subjective question, and different people are more then welcome to their opinions, however comparatively speaking, it hasn't been so far beyond what we've seen from other launches. WoW? Launch was extremely rough, and the servers were rolled back more than once. Diablo 3? You HAD to purchase the game, and you couldn't play it, at all, for the first week. Sure, SWTOR had a pretty easy launch, but it didn't have near the player base.

People are raging because they can't play, and I don't blame them. But firing people? How callous can you get? Trion has been incredibly responsive, and if you're angry because Support doesn't get back to you with the quickness? sure, that's reasonable, just as it's reasonable to acknowledge that they have an insurmountable amount of people creating support tickets. It'll take time, and it will get better.

And if it doesn't? Then move on, don't play the game, and get on with your life. But I suspect more people just have fun raging...

Arkien
09-19-2014, 10:21 AM
How about you gave us founders our patron status back after you removed it during headstart!

Salvadori
09-19-2014, 10:22 AM
fix patron status please !!

Varoz
09-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Question:
are there plans of putting a namechange scroll, or something to the ingame shop?

sry for my english :p

Malware
09-19-2014, 10:26 AM
OMG this que, been in que since 9AM EST (4.5 hrs currently) and I still have 2264 players in front of me! Seems my Patron status is only worthwhile when actually "playing" the game.

Sarahx3
09-19-2014, 10:26 AM
People are afking leveling their pets and afking on game because you CANT log back in. Fix the queues and gms wont have to kick people. And why should you kick people that are paying money to play the game? IF i want to stay on the game for 72 hours logged in i should be able to.

anarquista
09-19-2014, 10:28 AM
loosing patron for a 150$ pack will mean in a couple days, lost of farm,house, etc etc..
I dont mind waitin 10 hours in Q if I know my stuff is going to be there when im back in.

Nyshad3
09-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Im a Patron but Im still in the normal Queue what should I do?

Cogadh
09-19-2014, 10:32 AM
People are afking leveling their pets and afking on game because you CANT log back in. Fix the queues and gms wont have to kick people. And why should you kick people that are paying money to play the game? IF i want to stay on the game for 72 hours logged in i should be able to.

Wait, so you simultaneously raged on the queue AND defended the AFKers? now THAT is impressive, I applaud you.

Oh wait... The other thing. I shake my head...

Denney
09-19-2014, 10:35 AM
i waiting ♥♥♥♥in 8hours and now crash the game!?

d
d
d
d
d
s
ds
d
sd
sad
sad
sad
sad
sad
sa
dsa
dsa
d
sad
sad
sa
dsa
d
sad
sa
dsa
d

Rehna
09-19-2014, 10:35 AM
I'll lose my houses in 3 1/2 hours because I'm missing Patron-Status !!!
Please freeze the housing areas or give free taxes till the problem is fixed or something like that... please - NOW !!
And I'm in queue with position 2600 so I won't be able to save my buildings even if i got my Patron back now.
I'm crying and you still ignore the problem...

Reznovic
09-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Wait, so you simultaneously raged on the queue AND defended the AFKers? now THAT is impressive, I applaud you.

Oh wait... The other thing. I shake my head...

well, it is a good reason, because people payed money for it, so it is obvious you get something in return, right?
so, it is a good reason to stay AFK at night, when you're sleeping, because if you log off, you'll have to wait tons of hours... EVEN IF YOU PAYED FOR IT!! that is not fair actually!

Morsliberare
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Here is a solution for server transfers. Allow for a building/farm "uproot" function where you can essentially pick up your already built building and/or farm, take it with you during the transfer and put it down in the new server already built. Same with decor items. Just a suggestion and honestly that would be the only way I would transfer servers knowing I can just put my stuff right back down and start where I left off.

onodrag
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
i waiting now for 6hr and i stil waiting 2723 queue come on i pay 150 euro for the game and i need to wait come on

Cogadh
09-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Here is a solution for server transfers. Allow for a building/farm "uproot" function where you can essentially pick up your already built building and/or farm, take it with you during the transfer and put it down in the new server already built. Same with decor items. Just a suggestion and honestly that would be the only way I would transfer servers knowing I can just put my stuff right back down and start where I left off.

So if you have land, why would you transfer? Wouldn't it make more sense for the people without land to transfer?

maviasura
09-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Please more increase capacities total players of EU/Kyprosa server. I've patron and i'm still waiting last 6 hours :((

Celestian
09-19-2014, 10:43 AM

All I have to say to that is this. KR 20+ servers, RU 20+ servers, NA 6? EU 6?

I don't need their so called "science", that obviously failed, to see that 6 is FAR TO FEW.

dbh658
09-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your efforts in stopping bots before they get a foothold in the game. We all know the pitfalls of bots. (See Guild Wars!). Your efforts in preventing bots goes a long with me wanting to be a part of the ArcheAge community.

Celestian
09-19-2014, 10:45 AM
So if you have land, why would you transfer? Wouldn't it make more sense for the people without land to transfer?

In theory they could allow people to move from a single (overpopulated server) to a new server (not yet up) and take their land in place.

San
09-19-2014, 10:47 AM

Server transfer avaible only for patrons or for all of us ? I hope you will give chance to all customers to one free transfer. There is still many ppls without patron only coz of some reason .... queues, bugs, land issue but still want to change server (me for example).

Morsliberare
Sure that's assuming people go to the new servers. There is going to likely be a Parton/ftp split that is unfavorable. But for shorter questions times I would do anything at this point.

BigCountry

If I had to guess it will be character xfer only with only the items on those characters, and in their global bank etc. There is no way Trion call pull off housing xfers. Xfering homes would be a logistical nightmare from a software perspective...

I am guessing you will either have to pull the house deed up (lose the mats but still have the deed), OR sell the house for gold in which you can bring over to the xfering server.

https://lovehopesteam.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dmv1.jpeg

Brax
09-19-2014, 10:49 AM
we've blocked more than 5000 bad accounts from making purchases and have banned more than 3000 others from the game.

Sorry, but for a free to play game thats nearly useless.

Traelia
09-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Please PLEASE do something about queue disconnects. Two nights in a row now i have queued for 5+ hours only to be disconnected near the end and have to start over. Two days, 11+ hours of queues ZERO gametime.

Jamms
09-19-2014, 10:50 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned (too many posts to read) but in order to entice people to move to new servers they should offer free transfers and give those who were in head start a new head start on the new servers before they open to go in and pick out land. I would consider transferring if I could have a chance to improve on the land I got in the initial head start. Otherwise, why leave and hope i get at least as good as what I have now.

Primal
09-19-2014, 10:51 AM
How would a server transfer work ? just get back your building designs or get back the designs and the mats to make them ?