PDA

View Full Version : Bots/exploits and more

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 04:00 AM
Dear Trion administration, i want to share my experience with you about what is happening on RU servers right now, so you can use that experience to prevent damage of your servers. (sorry for my poor english)

So these are the videos showing what our cheaters did with package replacing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1AbL0w5EU&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=28n7y7-2imU#t=37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1gnvTAPiV8M#t=0

This is one side of story, and the next part is bots, each location where archium drops, there is 3-5 bots on it, farming. Since every 3 servers has common auction, economics are broken everywhere. Tons of cheap archium and skins dropped from those bots.

So currently many gamers asking administration to vipe each server cause huge damage was done to them. Kraken was beaten on some of the servers using a cheats, administration denies.

As a conclusion to this, i'm asking you to ask XLGames for protected copy of this game or you will face same ammount of bugs and exploits .

Thank you.

[UPDATE] 9/29/2014

So what we have now? Players are teleporting with packs, bots are farming archeium, breaking economics, obviously that's not everything that expecting on us in next few weeks, cause if there is troubles with game packages, cheaters will find something else to exploit.

As a conclusion

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130216131159/vampirediaries/images/d/d5/I-told-you-so-y-u-no-trust-me.jpg

xReorks
03-24-2014, 04:17 AM
Botting is going to be a serious problem to handle,lets hope trion feels to stand up within' incoming days,even tho i don't expect any miracolous outcome.

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Botting is going to be a serious problem to handle,lets hope trion feels to stand up within' incoming days,even tho i don't expect any miracolous outcome.

Atleast there should be more gm's to handle those bots, cause RU server has only 1 gm for server, thats even not funny

Shifted
03-24-2014, 04:52 AM
Atleast there should be more gm's to handle those bots, cause RU server has only 1 gm for server, thats even not funny

1 GM per server? How would that even work?

Mavol
03-24-2014, 05:07 AM
I hate bots

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.agj.co/items/1/2/0/2/0/not-sure-if-bot-oh-no-its-definitely-a-bot.jpg

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 05:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIdsF45vp8w&feature=youtu.be

Here is new fresh exploit guys

Klimhazzerd
03-24-2014, 05:34 AM
This is one of the biggest problems in RU AA atm. There is 1 other one that almost makes it gamebreaking but this needs to be fixed first.

Toyaga
03-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Indeed the economy on RU is majorly screwed up right now. 57 000 bots can do that to a game.

Trion you listening?

Dotti
03-24-2014, 08:06 AM
I remember back in the day playing in Everquest it was ALWAYS possible to get hold of a GM. Not always immedeately but certainly, depending on workload, within an hour or so. This was on every server (when servers were plentiful).

I am sure there are honest players who would be prepared to play an honourary GM account for a few hours a week if Trion/XLgames supplied the tools. It would be enough to be able to stop the bot and register the account in the logs until a real GM came online.

So why isnt this possible any more?

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
I remember back in the day playing in Everquest it was ALWAYS possible to get hold of a GM. Not always immedeately but certainly, depending on workload, within an hour or so. This was on every server (when servers were plentiful).

I am sure there are honest players who would be prepared to play an honourary GM account for a few hours a week if Trion/XLgames supplied the tools. It would be enough to be able to stop the bot and register the account in the logs until a real GM came online.

In case of RU servers, there was too much players then expected. 24 servers where opened and there is no resources to inspect each of them .

Final272
03-24-2014, 08:13 AM
They do have a system to where players can deal with bots themselves.. If you attended jury duty 5 times. you get a black cape with the executioner title.. if players report these bots more than 3 times the person with the executioner title is allowed to kill the bot and put a debuff on them not allowing them to move.. Then a Gm comes in and deals with the situation to see if it was a bot or not...

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 08:16 AM
They do have a system to where players can deal with bots themselves.. If you attended jury duty 5 times. you get a black cape with the executioner title.. if players report these bots more than 3 times the person with the executioner title is allowed to kill the bot and put a debuff on them not allowing them to move.. Then a Gm comes in and deals with the situation to see if it was a bot or not...

No more , it was possible with item called scarf os sheriff , but now this items was deleted cause it was too OP, and other players used it not in case of justice but for their own purposes

Final272
03-24-2014, 08:22 AM
No more , it was possible with item called scarf os sheriff , but now this items was deleted cause it was too OP, and other players used it not in case of justice but for their own purposes

welp saw that coming..

Shemploo
03-24-2014, 08:27 AM
That's why I like being able to attack your faction if you do Ctrl+F , good job killing that ♥♥♥.

ssxtriki
03-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Indeed i like to hear Trion about what they will be doing about bots will they perma ban then on sight with no questions asked or let them run free.

RaChaarg
03-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, lot's of games are suffering from bots, but in this case, when economy is drive by players it will ruin the game for sure. I get used to see some bots farming and exping and it's not big deal for me anymore... but what I saw on those videos crossed all lines :<
Quick example: number of active players on official servers on Lineage2 are geeting down each day, because using bots there is allowed if you buy some virtual adena and it totally ruin pvp.... not mention that all best spots are taken by bots...
So Trion, do your best with solving those problems :D

Noisestorm
03-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Trion y u no answer?

Final272
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
When i was playing in RU i didn't' see many bots luckily.. did get a few of the world chat bots advertising..

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
When i was playing in RU i didn't' see many bots luckily.. did get a few of the world chat bots advertising..

It came up recently, cause there is alot of critical bugs where found by cheaters , now bots are very smart and can return to location of farming and farm all day long

Pedro
03-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Bots can break the economic system of the game

Final272
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM
It came up recently, cause there is alot of critical bugs where found by cheaters , now bots are very smart and can return to location of farming and farm all day long

we just need to just track there address via ip and "make" them stop...

DeepFish
03-24-2014, 08:57 AM
we just need to just track there address via ip and "make" them stop...

No, we just need normal version of the client , and we need to ask XLGames for that. I just hope servers will start from north continent patch, most of bugs are fixed there

PureRogue
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
I left Ru server just because of this problem!
They are denying lot of things, deleting threads with videos!
They made almost 24 h maintenance, after which they said they will get rid of cheaters, fix some bugs, delete items that were obtained by cheats or any other illegal ways!
Guess what, after maintenance nothing changes, things become even worse, more spammers, more bots and auction is even more funny, akium prices drops down for about 40 % fur prices drops down 2 times, no need to continue to understand, right!
Someone above made a post about reporting 3 times, well try to do that if you need to make a video each time you see a bot and post it at the forum!I have seen video with 3 level 50 bots!So I guess this system does not work at all!

Anath
03-25-2014, 12:14 AM
In every official forum they delete posts that report how people bot or show it with videos; it's common sense really. If you tell/show others how to bot you are doing more harm then good. On that note hopefully Trion will ask XL for some sort of anti-cheat for the NA/EU version

Tarre
03-25-2014, 12:16 AM
MailRu cant even implement chat filters properly. People get their chat muted for using russian equivalents for "guys", "great", "separate" because those words apparently sound like swears. Pathetic.

PureRogue
03-25-2014, 12:28 AM
In every official forum they delete posts that report how people bot or show it with videos; it's common sense really. If you tell/show others how to bot you are doing more harm then good. On that note hopefully Trion will ask XL for some sort of anti-cheat for the NA/EU version
And how exactly does video show you how to do that?I am not talking about some kind of tutorials!

Noisestorm
03-25-2014, 02:21 AM
I also know there is some kind of teleport bug too, but i dunno how to explain. Just got killed multiple times by people warping extremely fast to me, looked like they were 'lagging' but that was simply not possible...

zefs
03-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Let's face it. It's really easy to go against players who cheat by simply using GM's in the game. When they spot one that uses such obvious hacks that do not require them to see a game log, they should immidiately ban them permantly.
That way they won't need to wait for XLGames to fix a bug/exploit but take action themselves. Also usage of GM's gives the sense of a more active community and support ingame.
GM's is a win win situation I am not sure why most mmorpg's don't use them.

Vahma
03-25-2014, 02:41 AM
And how exactly does video show you how to do that?I am not talking about some kind of tutorials!

You say wanna some tutorial? ;) here in russian language https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdoD7B_S04Q&feature=youtu.be

Other cheats done with special programms "sniffers" etc. Hope Trion will stop it on servers.

PureRogue
03-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Let's face it. It's really easy to go against players who cheat by simply using GM's in the game. When they spot one that uses such obvious hacks that do not require them to see a game log, they should immidiately ban them permantly.
That way they won't need to wait for XLGames to fix a bug/exploit but take action themselves. Also usage of GM's gives the sense of a more active community and support ingame.
GM's is a win win situation I am not sure why most mmorpg's don't use them.
I do not believe that they are that stupid that they do not know what actions to make!
1)Level restriction to world chats!
2)In game report
3)Hire team that takes care of reports
4)Give few players in each server rights to mute spammers!

for 1 and 4 they do not even need to spend money

Ultimoos
03-25-2014, 03:52 AM
People, people. Why so much care about exploits on RU? We all went to RU to check up on game, with no intentions of settling there. Mail RU decided to ban our IP's. So, what? Let them. Because considering how they handle in game affairs I would not stay there anyway. no point debating how bad the situation is on RU in regards to future Trion's servers. Korea is a bot heaven. Russia is a bot heaven. But west is not, and never will be. I am sure that Trion is aware of those problems and is already working on this with XLGames. So, let's wait till Trions beta and see how are things there. And then debate how to make things better.

Aamaranth
03-25-2014, 04:46 AM
west is a heaven bot too...check Aion eu... we writen here about bots cause we dont want them here...

Klingsor
03-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Bot and site of gold spammers.

DeepFish
03-25-2014, 05:13 AM
People, people. Why so much care about exploits on RU? We all went to RU to check up on game, with no intentions of settling there. Mail RU decided to ban our IP's. So, what? Let them. Because considering how they handle in game affairs I would not stay there anyway. no point debating how bad the situation is on RU in regards to future Trion's servers. Korea is a bot heaven. Russia is a bot heaven. But west is not, and never will be. I am sure that Trion is aware of those problems and is already working on this with XLGames. So, let's wait till Trions beta and see how are things there. And then debate how to make things better.

This is only your assumption, but we need to know for sure that Trion is aware of this problem and going to work on it in their localization. With pleasure i will spend my cash on the server, where i feel protected and everything fair enough.

Imperius
03-25-2014, 06:15 AM
The first 2 Buttons i want in the game ( wich i didnt saw yet in my russian version ) is :

Report Goldseller
Report Hacking/Cheating/Botting

xReorks
03-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Is all up to Trion,lets hope they are willing to counter cheaters and rmt'ers in an effective way,its all we can do,actually.
If Trion lets the window open everything will just happen without control and so bots,rmters and such will have the edge in a matter of time.
Honestly most of the black marketing / rmting comes from EU and NA , surely in a larger way that RU,also from russia comes the most known anti-bot programs,for what it matters,since anyhow they are still very easy to pass by.

King
03-25-2014, 07:35 AM
When I made a thread about this people just told me to look at Rift and rejoice.... in a nutshell.

So, ok.

Also, do you all understand bots? They don't necessarily have feelings. You kill them- they just automatically go back and continue 24/7. If you ban their IP they can change or spoof it through a VPN when needed. They can dupe their client multiple times on a single PC- with rows of PC's, to accomplish several actions in a world at one time. So, it's very exhausting on a GM Team. You almost need a special Bot Team who ONLY go after bots- since the GM's would almost get too tied up and exhausted from bots to deal with players appropriately.

Best bet, imo, is to make Free Players restricted. Allow them to release some restrictions as they level up more and more but reserve most perks into Premium. This way the bots will have a longer time to get caught before they can produce damage. They'd also want to purchase premium for maximum efficiency but they'd lose profit in the end. This gives us all, as members reporting, GM's acting and Trion Staff overseeing- a chance to fight against the bots. (At least with an intention of actually "winning")

DeepFish
03-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Best bet, imo, is to make Free Players restricted. Allow them to release some restrictions as they level up more and more but reserve most perks into Premium. This way it's less of battle to never win- regardless of if bots get muted and/or banned.

Going to agree with this. Pay to play would work as charm.

xReorks
03-25-2014, 07:42 AM
This way you're going to harm more real players than botters,100% assured.

Nah,you're wrong actually.

Only thing that can counter bots is to have active gm's online and refusing to launch as a f2p as they will keep coming no matter how much of them gets banned. just making another account and the business starts again.
Thats how it is with farmers for profit.
Rmt is the real danger,that has to be countered before it starts the live launch.
Feels pessimistic? yea,'cause i'm.

King
03-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Only thing that can counter bots is (...) refusing to launch as a f2p

They wont launch as Pay to Play. So that's off the table. Therefore, I'd rather work within the reality of the situation. ArcheAge is launching as Free to Play so let's combat bots in the best way possible.

Restrictions on Free Players will always make people jump and hate. However, I'll go out on a personal theory and say that Bots hurt Free Players more than restrictions that can be lifting through playing the game. Since bots make irreversable damage regardless of if you pay, play or win.

DeepFish
03-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Only thing that can counter bots is to have active gm's online and refusing to launch as a f2p as they will keep coming no matter how much of them gets banned. just making another account and the business starts again.
Thats how it is with farmers for profit.
Rmt is the real danger,that has to be countered before it starts the live launch.
Feels pessimistic? yea,'cause i'm.

It will be way much for bot player to pay for account each time he get ban

IceD
03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
ArcheAge has incredibly weak protection mechanisms, that allowed various programmers and exploiters to write their own bots and code injections without much of a hassle. It is a huge issue, since AA relies heavily on all it's sandpark aspects and bots that introduce huge quantities of resources onto the market can basically completely break the game within few weeks. I hope Trion will deal with those problems in a serious manner and introduce some sort of mechanisms, that allow the communmity itself to quickly highlight and deal with troubles caused by cheaters; the rest will depend whether we will have GM's and Trion's team working to solve those issues.

supersuba
03-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Archeage flying Drarf HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BDcKQyCao

Archeage superDwarf also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O23vm-VMraY

and ofc Archeage Rambo Dwarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MEVKlRLLUU

Thejoda
03-26-2014, 05:33 AM

...I also recall those days. Honestly players and community were small back then, doesn't mean it can't happen again though.

Mavol
03-26-2014, 05:34 AM
Archeage flying Drarf HD

Archeage superDwarf also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O23vm-VMraY

and ofc Archeage Rambo Dwarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MEVKlRLLUU

God i love Dwarves

supersuba
03-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Both unlocked races inc Undeads and Dwarf lol
http://i.imgur.com/4HLChWY.jpg

Dear TRION pls pay atention on it, Thx
http://i.imgur.com/pU74YAZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D0PN0Ak.jpg
Warmong race ingame
http://i.imgur.com/Dkmyy9N.jpg

supersuba
03-26-2014, 06:12 AM

You're too much confidence in your words . " Trion " are the only interpreters of this game , I think they need to provide photos and videos about the current holes to developers "XLGAMES" requested to close these cheat_holes. Also consider, that the Game Gold must be replaced with another type of currency purchase, which can be bought for real money. So you can get rid of bot programs. Believe me, now you see the world in pink glasses and you just very much want to play the game . If nothing is done now at the stage of translation, it 's all very sad end.

DeepFish
03-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Here is new package hack (facepalm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHua9LBFtSc

LunaNahueli
03-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Dear God ...

Tarre
03-26-2014, 07:19 AM
Here is new package hack (facepalm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHua9LBFtSc

That's a pre-patch video. He made another one after MailRu shipped the fix but it was somewhat controversial because of cut he "had to make due forgetting to enable dx9 capture settings"

http://youtu.be/cuvXPIEmBVM

Klingsor
03-26-2014, 07:23 AM
The first 2 Buttons i want in the game ( wich i didnt saw yet in my russian version ) is :

Report Goldseller
Report Hacking/Cheating/Botting

Report Goldbuyer

:)

aphelion
03-26-2014, 08:52 AM
At least we known dwarves are in there, but somebody please hack them some clothes!

All joking aside, RU Archeage is looking like quite a mess at the moment. I'm glad I didn't bother and saved the initial experience for Trion's version.

aphelion
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM

I find F2P games are the worst when it comes to getting a GM. Let's hope that's not the case with ArcheAge.

DeepFish
03-27-2014, 02:58 AM
I just hope Trion will launch their servers with north continent update, this patch was more protected from cheaters .

DeepFish
09-29-2014, 05:24 AM
6 month ago i've created this topic, and what do we got now ? anything was took in atention ? don't blame XLgames , blame Trion for their careless attitude

cousinroman
09-29-2014, 06:59 AM
I said it yesterday i'll say it again enjoy the game while it lasts unless something is done it's already the beginning of the end look at all other Korean mmo's that are published by western company's such as 2moons/dekaron by acclaim and how it all went downhill

the sad thing Trion is stuck and can only ask XL for help cause publishing rights suck..

& stop blaming Trion they cant even change a single bit of the games code without approval and it going through red tape from XL Games blame the right party

freetoplay
09-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Nope its trions fault sorry bro but Trion is putting their name behind the product and taking the risk and reward that comes with it.. Trion rushed to launch knowing they have None to little protection vs bots.

DeepFish
09-29-2014, 07:13 AM
stop blaming Trion they cant even change a single bit of the games code without approval and it going through red tape from XL Games blame the right party

They could do those changes even before open beta, they had results of RU experience, those horible exploits, but still they didn't asked anything from XLgames, why ? Because of money clearly.

Alara
09-30-2014, 12:00 AM
I said it yesterday i'll say it again enjoy the game while it lasts unless something is done it's already the beginning of the end look at all other Korean mmo's that are published by western company's such as 2moons/dekaron by acclaim and how it all went downhill

the sad thing Trion is stuck and can only ask XL for help cause publishing rights suck..

& stop blaming Trion they cant even change a single bit of the games code without approval and it going through red tape from XL Games blame the right party

I do blame Trion. They're the Publisher. And as such they've signed a contract with XL games. Now I don't know if they were aware or not of this hacking issue, but it makes this game a faulty product. And a Publisher shouldn't have to put up with that. There should be severe contractual obligations for XL games to fix this mess.

Also, Trion has serverside. You can do whatever at clientside, but it has to go through serverside at some point.

Trion may not be able to automatically disable these hacks, but they have the data that tells them whodunnit.

Now get the manpower to extract whodunnit from the data and ban their sorry arses to the deepest pits of hell.

DeepFish
09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm curious, if there will be some articles adressing this situation from Trion, they are silent, bot's still farming , hackers hacking

Berzerker
09-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Bump for the profet !!

Mordim
09-30-2014, 12:22 AM
Removing these bot is simple.
You can spot 50+ just wandering around here are just a few today.

http://i.imgur.com/9FPaWNE.jpg

DeepFish
09-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Removing these bot is simple.
You can spot 50+ just wandering around here are just a few today.

http://i.imgur.com/9FPaWNE.jpg

lol is that guild of bots?

Mordim
09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
lol is that guild of bots?

I think we should start a thread called "the Bot Gallery" for Trion to browse through. Then one day real people could make characters again.

Domdalom
09-30-2014, 10:49 AM
How prophetic....a thread like this is really really discouraging because it shows that Trion does NOTHING....this is sad.

avdept
09-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Sad thing is - most players, when you attack bot, think that you attacking just for fun without reason and either report you or\and attack and kills, and this way helping bots even more
shout out to kyprosa clan phoenix - bunch of brainless ******s

Domdalom
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Sad thing is - most players, when you attack bot, think that you attacking just for fun without reason and either report you or\and attack and kills, and this way helping bots even more
shout out to kyprosa clan phoenix - bunch of brainless ******s

I swear it seems that more than half the people on trial are for bot killing too....

Treshu
09-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Bumped it

SO at Devs and Trion:

http://www.removemycar.co.uk/imgs/youve%20been%20warned.jpeg

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-oh-wait-we-re-all-♥♥♥♥ed.png

S A L O M O N
10-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Hm I remember that I read this thread like 6 months ago when I found these forums... I LOVE the game, but this just shows how absolutely worthless TRION is at handling HACKS and BOTS...

HOW can it be so damn hard to have ONE freaking GM banning bots and checking for hacks 8h a day ? pay him 3k / month (I could do it with pleasure). Even in 2Moons (google it), a small korean mmo the american publishers Acclaim had online gms almost 24/7 banning hackers and INTERACTING with the player base! unheard in this game? GM events are a blast from the past nowadays...

TRION is a freaking "AAA" mmo publisher, i could imagine they could hire with 0 economical issues at least 5 GM:s that monitors the hackers and botters as their daily JOBS. creating more JOBS.
Im just speechless at trions inability to even TRY to ban the hackers... NOW they are just relying on US, the players to report botters! wtf??

I expected WAY more from TRION but I am now greatly dissapointed with them. Like I said I REALLY LOVE this game... but trion... man trion... get your ♥♥♥♥ straight and do SOMETHING?!!
and PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES LIKE THIS:
we are aware off the issues and are discussing with XL games how to solve this... blablabla craptalk excuses...

DO SOMETHING NOW OR ITS TOO LATE.

Slyveun
10-01-2014, 03:09 AM
Hello. Why not make a post that includes all the robots, with their name, server and location. This will allow the player to pk bots and help Trion without abuse course.

Beza
10-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Right now on Dahuta teleporting bots are running trade packs to Gweonid forest, one was just spotted at the gold trader. Looks like they are coming from Hellswamp, as they prices for those packs have been sitting at a steady 70% for quite a long time now. Trion, please send one of your game masters over...this is getting old.

Darkov
10-01-2014, 03:24 AM
This does kind of imply gross incompetence on Trion's part.

Trippyme
10-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Trion not listening, all they do is reply with 'Please use in game report feature' blah blah fkin bla, I have made plenty reports without any compensation for LP, cant afford to do it any more because of LP starvation by TRION

Aeonbringer
10-01-2014, 03:50 AM
Hm I remember that I read this thread like 6 months ago when I found these forums... I LOVE the game, but this just shows how absolutely worthless TRION is at handling HACKS and BOTS...

HOW can it be so damn hard to have ONE freaking GM banning bots and checking for hacks 8h a day ? pay him 3k / month (I could do it with pleasure). Even in 2Moons (google it), a small korean mmo the american publishers Acclaim had online gms almost 24/7 banning hackers and INTERACTING with the player base! unheard in this game? GM events are a blast from the past nowadays...

TRION is a freaking "AAA" mmo publisher, i could imagine they could hire with 0 economical issues at least 5 GM:s that monitors the hackers and botters as their daily JOBS. creating more JOBS.
Im just speechless at trions inability to even TRY to ban the hackers... NOW they are just relying on US, the players to report botters! wtf??

I expected WAY more from TRION but I am now greatly dissapointed with them. Like I said I REALLY LOVE this game... but trion... man trion... get your ♥♥♥♥ straight and do SOMETHING?!!
and PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES LIKE THIS:

DO SOMETHING NOW OR ITS TOO LATE.

Trion is actually a rather small Silicon Valley startup/post-startup. Their office is actually only 10-20 min drive from mine. I don't think they have a big team as most Silicon Valley company go that is on Archeage, especially for support personnel, manpower is expensive in the bay area.

DeepFish
10-01-2014, 04:59 AM
Trion is actually a rather small Silicon Valley startup/post-startup. Their office is actually only 10-20 min drive from mine. I don't think they have a big team as most Silicon Valley company go that is on Archeage, especially for support personnel, manpower is expensive in the bay area.

They've gain so much money from the head start , they could aford an army of outsorcers.

Piko Island
10-01-2014, 05:11 AM
This botting and exploiting is ♥♥♥♥ing disgusting. After my month of Patron I paid for is up I'm /quitgame.

Not even going to bother using the free month they gave me if they can't fix these problems.

Domdalom
10-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Back to the top for this prophetic thread and how Trion has handled this ♥♥♥♥ing mess.

Domdalom
10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
/bump for prophecy

Dracobane
10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Wow, Trion really ♥♥♥♥ed up. It's one thing to be surprised by hacks you didn't expect. It's another thing to release code that you know has vulnerabilities. They could have made so much money on this game... instead it's something interesting to play for a month and then quit.

Domdalom
10-03-2014, 01:46 PM
THIS needs to be stickied but I doubt Scapes would ever do that ROFLMFAO~!!!!

Domdalom
10-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi Scapes!

BoBlahblah
10-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Now that is beta testing.

ustas04
10-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Trion, this user is using a Macro/bot Program to grab Houses to sell them (a minute later).
i can not believe that one person is spawning the new house before the old one is away. our guild waited for hours in front of 4 houses. Kecalkoatl grabbed them all without any problems! everyone reported him but he is still ingame. selling that macrograbbed ♥♥♥♥!
That bot report buff is nothing worth! he just removes that buff in the court.
Please Trion.

I know there are many more Bots!every spot in this game has botters. but House claiming bot users are critical because there is not enough ground!

http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/35468/b829af354676522.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b829af354676522)

BoBlahblah
10-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Why did you think ignoring these issues was a good idea?

ustas04
10-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Look at that video plz : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qf33Lp_MyE#t=60
how many houses a bot can have. everyone in the server knows this guy already. all but not the gms i guess...

Grailer
10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
in this sort of economical game trion is the treasury department

they need dev software to track how much gold is in circulation
and find a way to control inflation via gold sinks

MissingLink
10-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Dear Trion administration, i want to share my experience with you about what is happening on RU servers right now, so you can use that experience to prevent damage of your servers. (sorry for my poor english)

So these are the videos showing what our cheaters did with package replacing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1AbL0w5EU&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=28n7y7-2imU#t=37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1gnvTAPiV8M#t=0

This is one side of story, and the next part is bots, each location where archium drops, there is 3-5 bots on it, farming. Since every 3 servers has common auction, economics are broken everywhere. Tons of cheap archium and skins dropped from those bots.

So currently many gamers asking administration to vipe each server cause huge damage was done to them. Kraken was beaten on some of the servers using a cheats, administration denies.

As a conclusion to this, i'm asking you to ask XLGames for protected copy of this game or you will face same ammount of bugs and exploits .

Thank you.

[UPDATE] 9/29/2014

So what we have now? Players are teleporting with packs, bots are farming archeium, breaking economics, obviously that's not everything that expecting on us in next few weeks, cause if there is troubles with game packages, cheaters will find something else to exploit.

As a conclusion

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130216131159/vampirediaries/images/d/d5/I-told-you-so-y-u-no-trust-me.jpg

Trion just sells ArcheAge.

It's like the WalMart cashier who sells you the a deck of cards. Do you expect WalMart to do anything if your buddy cheats you with those playing cards?

Get real. Either accept that Trion is powerless against the many hacks, cheats, gold spammers, and bots of ArcheAge, or leave.

ustas04
10-03-2014, 03:55 PM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. stop talking like it doesn't care you, or ur guildmates
everyone has a problem with that.trion has to understand that.
this game will lose most players if it is not fixed. if trion wants to earn some money, they should react. we just have to let them know that fact.

BoBlahblah
10-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I love that the excuse for Trion is: They just signed awful contracts and failed to do any due diligence on the state of the game they were purchasing the distribution rights for.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:23 AM
I love that Scapes doesn't even touch this post....The hacks are so out of control in this game....the worst I have seen of any game and that sucks....

Scapes be a man and address this ♥♥♥♥!!!!!

Noyimo
10-07-2014, 09:25 AM

It's like the WalMart cashier who sells you the a deck of cards. Do you expect WalMart to do anything if your buddy cheats you with those playing cards?

Get real. Either accept that Trion is powerless against the many hacks, cheats, gold spammers, and bots of ArcheAge, or leave.

That is the most absurd analogy I could ever even imagine. You sir are a moron.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:26 AM

No this analogy is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

The cashier at Wal-Mart is powerless because of circumstance and NOT choice to begin with.

Secondly, the cashier at Wal-Wart makes ZERO decisions regarding business models whereas the management at Trion do...

Should I keep going because I can really point out what a ♥♥♥♥ing moron you are.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Do you work for Trion or just friends with Scapes?

Brown nosing mother♥♥♥♥er.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:34 AM
/bump this till Scapes or somebody else from Trion addresses this ♥♥♥♥ed up mess.

EVERYBODY needs to know what a ♥♥♥♥ed up mess they have ignored since at least March......let's see this is October...almost 7 months and they have done NOTHING and I mean NOTHING....

Where are you Scapes????????????????????

MissingLink
10-07-2014, 09:36 AM
No this analogy is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

The cashier at Wal-Mart is powerless because of circumstance and NOT choice to begin with.

Secondly, the cashier at Wal-Wart makes ZERO decisions regarding business models whereas the management at Trion do...

Should I keep going because I can really point out what a ♥♥♥♥ing moron you are.

Ha ha. The analogy is perfect. Like a WalMart cashier, Trion and XLGames has done ♥♥♥♥ing nothing to stop the bots, cheats, and hacks that have destroyed this game. It has been years now. They. are. powerless. Unable (or unwilling?) to do anything. (Wait, there was a post where Hartsman said he was upset. I guess that's something.)

So yeah, I think it's valid to think of this situation in these terms. Don't expect anything. Accept it, or leave.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Ha ha. The analogy is perfect. Like a WalMart cashier, Trion and XLGames has done ♥♥♥♥ing nothing to stop the bots, cheats, and hacks that have destroyed this game. It has been years now. They. are. powerless. Unable (or unwilling?) to do anything. (Wait, there was a post where Hartsman said he was upset. I guess that's something.)

So yeah, I think it's valid to think of this situation in these terms. Don't expect anything. Accept it, or leave.

No your analogy is so wrong it's not even funny.

You definitely fail at any form of logic..well done sir.

The only thing you are correct is that things will not change but your reasoning is completely flawed.

Sabalero
10-07-2014, 09:39 AM
While lvling in windscour savanna, as nuian i've seen a lot of bots, you can kill em a thousand of times and they back everytime and just kill mobs over and over. I guess they are farming coins.

I'm worried cause i don't see trion say anything about it, and with time, this is gonna get much worse.

Noyimo
10-07-2014, 09:40 AM

The analogy is only perfect if you have virtually no logical reasoning ability.

Tardacus
10-07-2014, 09:42 AM
The obvious question is, why didn`t trion prepare for this?
It wouldn`t have taken much work or time to do a little investigating of the game before they signed on to host it.
a simple google search or logging into the korean or russian version of the game would have showed them what they would be up against if they decided to host the game.
It seems like Trion was completely ignorant of the problems this game was having with bots and hacks before they gambled with their money and signed on to host the game.
common sense dictates that you research the product that you are investing in BEFORE you sign a contract and invest your money.

I think some smooth talking salesman at XL games sold trion a lemon.Just because trion didn`t heed the adage "buyer beware" before they laid down their money doesn`t mean we should be suckered too.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:43 AM

Guess what??

Then that is Trion's bed to lay in when they start hemorrhaging money from patrons who quit like me....sounds like a great biz model to me!

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:45 AM
While lvling in windscour savanna, as nuian i've seen a lot of bots, you can kill em a thousand of times and they back everytime and just kill mobs over and over. I guess they are farming coins.

I'm worried cause i don't see trion say anything about it, and with time, this is gonna get much worse.

PRECISELY

Since the consequences for hacking is ZERO it is only logical to assume it gets worse.

Hell even the honest people will be forced to cheat and hack just to keep up with all of the hackers.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 09:47 AM
The obvious question is, why didn`t trion prepare for this?
It wouldn`t have taken much work or time to do a little investigating of the game before they signed on to host it.
a simple google search or logging into the korean or russian version of the game would have showed them what they would be up against if they decided to host the game.
It seems like Trion was completely ignorant of the problems this game was having with bots and hacks before they gambled with their money and signed on to host the game.
common sense dictates that you research the product that you are investing in BEFORE you sign a contract and invest your money.

I think some smooth talking salesman at XL games sold trion a lemon.Just because trion didn`t heed the adage "buyer beware" before they laid down their money doesn`t mean we should be suckered too.

I think it is willful ignorance....they KNEW full well but CHOSE to ignore it.

I'm not giving them any kind of pass here.

Sabalero
10-07-2014, 09:59 AM
i don't wanna go harsh on them, but sincerely..., the bot chat spam took em weeks to fix (and was really easy to fix from beggining), now i'm getting the same spam via mailbox, yesterday got the first one, and more will come when the rest of the botters copy it. I don't see any solution coming from them in short time.

LordSolarMacharius
10-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Welcome to HackAge(tm). Bot. Hack. Conquer. The biggest "AAA" MMO cash grab ever.

MissingLink
10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Guess what??

Then that is Trion's bed to lay in when they start hemorrhaging money from patrons who quit like me....sounds like a great biz model to me!

I have already un-subscribed.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I have already un-subscribed.

Me too...they have one month to fix this ♥♥♥♥ or I'm done too.

Domdalom
10-07-2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2ikaar/there_are_russian_land_grab_hacks_trickling_into/

Well at least it seems on the surface that Hartsman is serious about these hackers...

LordSolarMacharius
10-07-2014, 12:01 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2ikaar/there_are_russian_land_grab_hacks_trickling_into/

Well at least it seems on the surface that Hartsman is serious about these hackers...

He's running damage control just like Ocho is trying to stall for time about the discount bait and switch on these forums. No ETA on when they can plug the holes or even if they can. He might be genuinely serious about wanting to stop the hacking but the damage already done to the game's economy and to TRION's reputation will be difficult to fix. As APEX is really easy to get and the profit from even a single snipe using the landgrabber hack is huge, anyone involved with using this hack can easily make a dozen throw-away accounts with patron status to run the hack with. This will allow them bypass any kind of countermeasure that TRION could try to put in as a temporary cockblocks like caps on land ownership on a per account basis. I just can't see this being fixed anytime soon.

Shaiton
10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
bump. give this thread so many pages that Scapes HAS to respond.

Huangdai
10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow, this company seems to be just about as bad as Nexon. I had high expectations for this game and now it just feels like they're ignoring their customers. I really am starting to agree with the people who're stating that this game is just a quick cash grab.

So much for subscribing to this game, it doesn't seem to be going very far into the future.

Draconus
10-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Just tried to report four bots and /report window comes up with ME targeted and I cannot report them.

Lacha
10-07-2014, 02:19 PM

You really are "missing a link" in your brain.

junweizhu
10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
I can almost imagine potential gms looking at the forums for research and then saying "nope, not worth it" and decide to look for other publishers. In case anybody is interested in gm work and lives close to Austin, Texas, you should check this page: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/careers/austin/?cjobid=JB720647729
Yes customer support representative is the business title for GMs.