PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Launch Update: Capacities, Communication, and Where to Find Info

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hartsman
09-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone, we'd like to thank you all for being a part of this absolutely massive launch of ArcheAge.

We've heard from a lot of you that ArcheAge has stirred up excitement for an MMO in a way that many of you haven't felt in a long time. When people are in and playing, we hear a lot that the game's the great, exciting experience they were waiting for.

While it's been great for many, it's been uneven for others, most notably if you're stuck waiting. (We know, we wait in the same queues you do.)

Know that we haven't been, and won't be, resting until the experience is great for everyone. We've been talking to you a lot about this on Twitter and our forums, and we wanted to thank you for your patience -- which has been extreme in some cases for sure.

I'd like to talk about what we’re doing to make sure that all of you can have that same kind of experience.

SERVER CAPACITIES AND YOU

In an ideal world, we have all the hardware we need to host the ideal number of servers, in a way that works best for everyone. We'd strike the perfect balance between launch popularity, when everyone wants to be online 100% of the time, and the settled population of more normal play patterns that will naturally come over time.

In reality, we have to plan capacity months ahead of time, based on things like web site signups, numbers of people who play in alphas and betas, how long they play, and so on. There's a fair amount of science that goes into it, and in general it's pretty accurate. We then include extra for overflow, just in case we need more.

In this case, so many entirely new people showed up that we opened not just all of our launch hardware on the first day, but the overflow hardware soon after as well. Since Head Start, we've expanded both the number of servers and the capacity of all servers steadily. We try to let you know this both on the forums and on Twitter (@ArcheAge (http://www.twitter.com/archeage)) whenever this occurs.

Inside the business you'll hear people call this "problems of success," but make no mistake - since it negatively affects you, we remain obsessively focused on the "problem" part, not the "success" part. We treat these as high priority problems that we need to solve, as rapidly as possible.

GREAT, THANKS. THAT'S SUPER. WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?

Right. There are things going on both in and out of game to make things better:

1) Yes, more hardware is on its way to helping you! We're still aiming to strike the balance between short and long term and we know with certainty that more hardware is needed for both. We've heard both the "more servers" and "no more servers" crowds, and are certain we need to take steps toward more. I'm happy to share that the next round of hardware landed with our team in Texas this morning.

While I do wish that we could violate the laws of space and time to transport physical servers instantly, and help both NA and EU simultaneously, because of the way hardware is shipped out, and factors like "customs," there will be some delay between helping out the two regions. Do note that we're doing everything we can to make sure that delay is as minimal as possible. (We are aiming for days, not weeks, between.)

We'll be talking more about the details here over the coming days, in our Launch FAQ thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions).

2) Note that we've been more aggressively sweeping AFKers, even manually when needed. For example, while we had said during beta that we were tentatively tolerant of AFK mount riding, we'd be keeping an eye out to see if it became a problem. Well, it's officially a problem when actual players who will be playing can't get in.

If you're not actively playing, please do be aware that you might not be there when you get back. Of course, while we do appreciate creative justifications such as "I am merely celebrating the excitement of launch by exercising my steed in a circular pattern for an extended period of time," those will still earn a quick trip to desktop.

We're also going to be setting up a more aggressive AFK timer as is suited to an over-popular launch, and ensuring that there are fewer ways to get around it. Again, this is all to create the greatest opportunity to get active human beings into the game.

3) As with any launch where you get massive numbers of new players, we need great people helping out with the typical things that happen as services scale up, which is why I wanted to talk Customer Service. You have wanted to talk with them. You've wanted to talk with them a lot. And they really do want to help.

Trion's CS team has already been expanded pretty massively, with scores of new people coming on board in the weeks leading up to ArcheAge's launch. There's a veritable dedicated army of people wanting to help. We're also happy to announce that we're ramping that up even more. As with all of our CS in the past, we're continuing down the path of natively fluent CS reps in each language we service.

4) Communication is critical during launches - We do get that. I've personally tweeted more during this launch than I think I have since Twitter existed. We're going to be redoubling our efforts, most notably on our forums, with even more people pitching in.

We had been trying to focus our updates into specific known locations, but that's not having the effect that we had hoped. We need to be in more places and threads that you're already discussing, so you can expect more of that beginning today, and in a more visibly 24/7 fashion than it might have appeared previously. We've been continuously working like crazy knocking down the types of launch issues one might expect, but if you don't see evidence of it, then it's not as helpful to you. We get that too.
Once again – Thank you all for your patience, and we have constant improvements that will continue to be rolled out. As always, to keep track of the latest details of what’s being worked on, you can find updates in the ongoing Launch FAQ update thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions). We look forward to getting even more capacity up for you across the board, being more visible about it, and giving you all the great experience you deserve.

- Scott

Laughter
09-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the update!

zdoofop
09-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Okay, I may never have seen a launch with this many problems, but I've never EVER seen the CEO respond with details. Congrats Trion, you've made me think about spending more money on you. Keep doing stuff like this and I'll just have to get whatever you replace the founder's pack with.

ScopeDown
09-18-2014, 04:13 PM
I sure hope with 2.5-5 hours Queue for Patrons, and 5-10 hours Queue for F2P that there will be people working weekends to lessen the delay.

Of course AFKers are a problem, I want them kicked too. But of course hopefully you realize that those huge Queues mentioned above will only motivate players more and more to find new ways to stay online even when not around to avoid having to spend half their day waiting to play if not all their day after work hours.

EDIT: I'll admit this post was probably better than all the posts from CM saying Trion is "monitoring capacity and queues" cause obviously even a new player that just took a glance at the forum would know there needs to be more.

Landsharkk
09-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Finally some communication!

PR3SIDENT
09-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the update, and thanks to the team for such good communication and responsiveness.

Have you guys really thought about how many people are running in place or riding mounts because online labor generation is higher than offline? I think this and this alone would make people more comfortable with logging off. Seems like something that could be changed quickly and easily.

Atome
09-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Simply, not good enough!

zdoofop
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
**** you Atome. They're doing the best they can.

Suluna
09-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Wow! Thank you for the update. I'm cranky about the afk thing, but i totally get it. I just want to play is all. I'm very excited that your hardware hit Texas. Wahoo! Servers soon ( a couple days, i can handle.) Again thanks for the update.

Landshark386
And what about regarding patron time that was purchased prior to any launch? If my patron status started on day one and I sat in queues for two weeks, are you adding time to my patron status? Or was that overlooked by your company at the time of the sale, therefore forfeiting what I purchased and was promised?

Litre
Okay, I may never have seen a launch with this many problems

You may have never, but I assure you, comparatively so to other MMO launches, ArcheAge is still doing quite well, even fending off a DDOS just barely with a few hours of login downtime. And the queue, well that'll go down, lots of us are hitting lvl 50 and playing a bit less now and many more will in the coming weeks. Other players are trying this game out as much as possible now, but will likely settle back to more normal play times.

Mokey
09-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Will the people who have put money into the game be compensated in some way? Wether it be a mount, 5g, Extended patron status, or even a free toon to lvl 50? I mean for real, I appreciate the effort of letting us know what's going on. But come on, you ****ed up and you know it.

Queued since 4pm it is now 7:17pm and I am sitting and position 343 just like I have been for 15 minutes. NOT being able to use the benefits of my so called "Patron" status. 2nd day in a row I probably will not be able to play this game.

Axelrod
09-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Heads should roll due to this debacle. What the hell was learned during Alpha, Closed Bets and Open Beta. Those right there are suppose to make launch go much more smoothly. Not in this case, I'm still waiting for my Archeum Patron Pack that I purchased over 3 months ago because I had faith in Trion, because of an Avid Rift player and Defiance.Boy what a disappointment.

Alluura
09-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Scott,

Been following your games since the EQ days. Inspired me to get in the industry myself (and here I am!).

Thanks for everything that you do. Looking forward to all the great things to come from ArcheAge! :D

Landshark386
09-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Heads should roll due to this debacle. What the hell was learned during Alpha, Closed Bets and Open Beta. Those right there are suppose to make launch go much more smoothly. Not in this case, I'm still waiting for my Archeum Patron Pack that I purchased over 3 months ago because I had faith in Trion, because of an Avid Rift player and Defiance.Boy what a disappointment.

I would also like to know where the responsibility lands for this. A lot of customers or dissatisfied and WERE wronged in this transaction whether you care to admit it or not. Is there anything being done on a customer satisfaction level? Or just an Oh sh*t I guess we should clean up our mess level?

Mokey
09-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Scott,

Been following your games since the EQ days. Inspired me to get in the industry myself (and here I am!).

Thanks for everything that you do. Looking forward to all the great things to come from ArcheAge! :D

Stop buttering him up, this launch is a flop, took the money and ran basically. Guaranteed nobody will get any sort of compensation for the 3-6 hour queue times or even the 1-5 game crashes per hour during release.

He's inspiring me to stop playing anything made by Trion.

Roxx
09-18-2014, 04:28 PM
I too am very frustrated with the ques, feel like I am getting short changed etc. and a little love to the patron players who missed out to date would be appreciated! I can see why you wouldn't want 700 new servers, with the value of a land plots and all. You had me at higher capacity servers arriving asap....

Alluura
09-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Stop buttering him up, this launch is a flop, took the money and ran basically. Guaranteed nobody will get any sort of compensation for the 3-6 hour queue times or even the 1-5 game crashes per hour during release.

I never once stated the launch went smoothly. But I'm ready to stick it out because I'm a long time fan. Sorry that is so hard to believe.

bigqueed
09-18-2014, 04:30 PM
The customer service you say has been improved must have been pretty poor beforehand then! I had to wait 5 hours to get in to live chat with someone and I got no definite answers my issue was just escalated. I now have to get in line to live chat for my wife's account. The thing that makes me so mad is the wealth of items the silver starter pack gives you compared with what us founders received (or didn't as in my case) . Queueing for 4 hours to play for a patron is just not on people have lives outside an mmo and this will lose you so many customers if it's not sorted quick!

CryW0lf
09-18-2014, 04:30 PM
not enough said about the real problem or an answer to the queues. FAIL post more or less a diversion to hush the masses

XanadoX
09-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Nice to know that europeans will pay more and get things later.:( you can buy hardware in europe too
Not a word about founders not getting their stuff the first 2 days (most important ones), not a word about french people being insulted in eanna's chat only for speaking french.

Inseril
09-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Okay, I may never have seen a launch with this many problems, but I've never EVER seen the CEO respond with details. Congrats Trion, you've made me think about spending more money on you. Keep doing stuff like this and I'll just have to get whatever you replace the founder's pack with.

TBH, I have played through launch in 90% of MMO's that have come out since 1998 and this one is pretty typical. In other games I have sat in 9 to 12 hours cues. Some games had to do entire server wipes or set the servers back by 5 hour more hours.

I know the industry looks at a lot of variables when trying to figure out how much server space they need at launch. When your dealing with a game that has non-instanced housing and land ownership it is even harder because if you launch with too many servers and the population drops you're left with empty servers. Merging servers is extremely difficult because you have to deal with homes and land...So if Server A merges with Server B who loses there land.

Sure I am bummed about the 2 hour cues but I planned for the worse and I lived through the worse in other games. As long as they increase their communication I can deal with it for the next few weeks.

FinalsTwin
09-18-2014, 04:33 PM
ANY kind of compensation would be appreciated specially to those who paid for the game only to sit in lines for days not being able to play. Ive only gotten to play twice since headstart because of always being in a line for hours on end while my patron is wasting away. Its bad enough those of use who bought our packs got slapped in the face in terms of what are given now and no headstart because of the lines.

So what, we got 4 days added onto the time we paid for but that will be used up sitting around waiting yet again just to play. I bought the silver pack for the headstart and got to sit in a line for those days, didnt matter if I paid or not since both patrons AND f2p players are all sitting around in a line. And lets not get started on the whole land rush thing, credit card thing, and every single problem that has plagued the launch

Its a good game when you can get into it but the most ive gotten to do is click an icon and wait around. Its like watching all the vids on youtube waiting for the game to come to NA all over again

GundamIt
09-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Although I do enjoy the qq threads. Why not just put a global timer on total time online? Kick patron after 2 hours and f2p after 1 hour. Regardless if they're afk or not. Increase labor regen 4-5x to compensate. That way everyone has a chance to both queue and play.

Mokey
I never once stated the launch went smoothly. But I'm ready to stick it out because I'm a long time fan. Sorry that is so hard to believe.

I used to be a fan, this just turned me away, I cannot believe that this launch turned out this way. After Rift and Defiance, Archeage is a disaster. But to sit there and call him by his 1st name and you only have 1 post (not like I have a lot) to me just says that some1 wanted you to pat his back and say... it's ok mister CEO everything will be ok.

It's a sad thing for as good as this game really is.

scarlett
The Forums have been so full of flames I will choose to post in a positive way.

Yes, a four hour queue sucks. Clearly you as the CEO are as unhappy as I am to see it. Hell, I bet your MORE unhappy. This is a game for me, for you it's how you feed your family.

Yes, it's been a rough launch. Issues to solve aside from the long queues. Honestly, I think it was the queues that really set everyone off. A crash, a disconnect, having to re-log to find your character and missing "stuff" would all be a MUCH smaller issue if there was a short (or no) line to get into game.

To be fair however, reasonable people will surely admit that they expected a (shorter ) queue during the first several days of launch. You did as well, as to plan for zero queues would mean ghost towns in 90-120 days.

This means that the launch traffic you are seeing is FAR AND WAY larger than what you expected. Congrats on exceeding your goals, even if it does come with some pain. Knowing you are working hard to "fix it" while at the same time not casing damage to the game long term is all us reasonable people can ask for.

With any luck the worst of the trolls, flamers and short fused people will go away. While I know you wont agree (no one wants to see a customer leave, even a nasty one), the community might be better off for it.

Perhaps you need to create a new title or something similar. Wait 90 days and then give it out to all the accounts created on launch week that are still active. A small, cheep way to recognize the players who were here at the start, who stuck it out during the first week or two of queues and issues. The players who have your back, because we know you have ours.

Anyone who has ever been in any position of leadership knows that things will go wrong. It is not the problem, but effort to solve the problems that should be recognized. Your post makes me believe that you will act in the best interest of the game. So, even though I type this in a queue that is still over two thousand people long, I am satisfied.

~Scarlett

Nezdar
09-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I call this a good start. Additionally, the issue of compensating players for paid head start time (not delivered) and patron time (can't use properly due to LONG QUEUES).

Give us something, tell us your plan and deliver on said plan once you have resolved the epic fail. Also, terminate employment of the bean counter that turned down the hardware purchase orders because he didn't believe the demand existed. Biggest idiot ever, I'll take my coins from his check please.

Alexios
09-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Does new hardware mean new servers coming online soon? or will this new hardware just increase the size of the current servers. Would have been nice to know because I will gladly wait a day if a new server is on its way.

EnderCN
09-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Outside of the queues this is the least buggy and most stable release I've ever played and I've played most MMORPG that have come out since The Realms Online so there were plenty!

If this is the worst release you have ever seen you must not have played many MMORPG at release.

Shirica
09-18-2014, 04:38 PM

Yes, a four hour queue sucks. Clearly you as the CEO are as unhappy as I am to see it. Hell, I bet your MORE unhappy. This is a game for me, for you it's how you feed your family.

Yes, it's been a rough launch. Issues to solve aside from the long queues. Honestly, I think it was the queues that really set everyone off. A crash, a disconnect, having to re-log to find your character and missing "stuff" would all be a MUCH smaller issue if there was a short (or no) line to get into game.

To be fair however, reasonable people will surely admit that they expected a (shorter ) queue during the first several days of launch. You did as well, as to plan for zero queues would mean ghost towns in 90-120 days.

This means that the launch traffic you are seeing is FAR AND WAY larger than what you expected. Congrats on exceeding your goals, even if it does come with some pain. Knowing you are working hard to "fix it" while at the same time not casing damage to the game long term is all us reasonable people can ask for.

With any luck the worst of the trolls, flamers and short fused people will go away. While I know you wont agree (no one wants to see a customer leave, even a nasty one), the community might be better off for it.

Perhaps you need to create a new title or something similar. Wait 90 days and then give it out to all the accounts created on launch week that are still active. A small, cheep way to recognize the players who were here at the start, who stuck it out during the first week or two of queues and issues. The players who have your back, because we know you have ours.

Anyone who has ever been in any position of leadership knows that things will go wrong. It is not the problem, but effort to solve the problems that should be recognized. Your post makes me believe that you will act in the best interest of the game. So, even though I type this in a queue that is still over two thousand people long, I am satisfied.

~Scarlett

+1

I have to say, this CEO has been amazing in communicating with people. The Customer Service people that work for Trion are heads and tails better than some I've had the displeasure of working with. Despite the problems I've come across, I don't think they are a result of a lack of trying. I feel as though there are some good people going through some rough launch problems. The masses wanting in this game tell the market how starved people are for this type of emergent gameplay.

I'm glad to hear that new servers and capacity isn't from a lack of will, but rather a lack of physical hardware. I had been worried that this "monitoring feedback" thing was simply Trion being worried about paying too much short term for the long term fall off. Now that it's about getting the actual equipment being setup, I'm ten times more patient and understanding.

Thanks Trion.

CryW0lf
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
ITS NOT ABOUT COMPENSATION YOU NERDS! please focus on the issue that its on the LACK of communication from Trion to the community and its paying customers. People would be happy to hear them address the issue rather then feeling lost and ignored.

Phillypop
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
tl:dr version: since this wasn't our first rodeo and our last mmo wasn't as popular as we thought it'd be and we ended up taking a bit of a hit on that, we were scared to make the same mistake again and underestimated things a bit too much but we're working on it.

Bee
09-18-2014, 04:40 PM
You did not have enough hardware to take care of the prepays in Headstart, but said you had servers ready if needed.

2.5 hours in Que got disconnected, I started that que at slot 1220, my new Que is 2600, so I will not be able to pay for the game I played for again today.

Trion you guys have screwed this launch up about as bad as you could.

Alluura
Hey man. I definitely understand the frustration. I've been in queue since 9AM and am still waiting to see character select. xD But there has been some silence from Trion recently and I'm really happy to see some communication (and from the CEO no less) getting going. It's definitely needed right now.

Hope you get in game soon!

Mokey
OH FOR **** SAKES!!!! I HAVE BEEN IN QUEUE FOR 5 HOURS AND GOT STUCK AT POSITION 343!! SCREW YOU TRION!!! SERVER CONNECTION HAS BEEN LOST!! REALLY!!??

Yes, I'm mad bro.

PR3SIDENT
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the update, and thanks to the team for such good communication and responsiveness.

Have you guys really thought about how many people are running in place or riding mounts because online labor generation is higher than offline? I think this and this alone would make people more comfortable with logging off. Seems like something that could be changed quickly and easily.

For all of you who are saying they dont reply, Scott is and does actively do so as does Evan. https://twitter.com/hartsman/status/512747019979350017

Alexios
09-18-2014, 04:41 PM
I would rather have bugs in the game and be able to play over not being able to play at all because the only part of the game I see every night is a queue before its time for bed.

Bee
09-18-2014, 04:41 PM
tl:dr version: since this wasn't our first rodeo and our last mmo wasn't as popular as we thought it'd be and we ended up taking a bit of a hit on that, we were scared to make the same mistake again and underestimated things a bit too much but we're working on it.

Russian release the exact same thing happened, took them six weeks to get enough servers.

Trion said it would not happen here.

There were 100s of posts in alpha forums telling them they did not have enough servers, they said trust us we do.

Inseril
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM

I guess you didn't play RIFT at release. RIFT launched as a subscription based game. In theory they should be easier to plan for because you know ahead of time how many games where sold all the way up to launch. Even when you know you sold X amount of copies, we still experience d long cues, crashes, and login server crashes.

Free-to play games like Archeage is a lot harder to know a number because unless a person bought a founders pack or registered on the forums you have no idea how many will sign up on launch.

XanadoX
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Although I do enjoy the qq threads. Why not just put a global timer on total time online? Kick patron after 2 hours and f2p after 1 hour. Regardless if they're afk or not. Increase labor regen 4-5x to compensate. That way everyone has a chance to both queue and play.
This could help.

ridx
09-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I read that like they are actually having to purchase more servers to serve the demand.
This is great for business.
Terrible for the planning team. The team that didn't have 3/4 servers on standby, you know, just incase the game you're publishing was popular.

Bee
09-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Thing is the game is making so much money he will get a pat on his back job well done.

Bee
09-18-2014, 04:45 PM
I guess you didn't play RIFT at release. RIFT launched as a subscription based game. In theory they should be easier to plan for because you know ahead of time how many games where sold all the way up to launch. Even when you know you sold X amount of copies, we still experience d long cues, crashes, and login server crashes.

Free-to play games like Archeage is a lot harder to know a number because unless a person bought a founders pack or registered on the forums you have no idea how many will sign up on launch.

They did not have the capacity for HEAD START those were PRE PAYS, so even if there were ZERO F2P players they screwed up big time.

Why you defending such bad actions by a company?

Vix
09-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Great post by Trion. While it does nothing to my current queue of 3400 for the 3rd straight day, it provides a glimmer of hope for the near future.

Meuck
09-18-2014, 04:46 PM
about answer to the question "Are more servers going to be opened?" are mistaken. 20 000 people will not stop playing in a week.

but 25 000 will in the medium term, if immediate action is not taken.

Naos Stulos
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Been enjoying Archeage since Alpha.

My launch so far:

Games causes GPU to heat up past normal levels and will even make voltage spikes to the GPU that cause my PSU to emergency shut down the PC.
Only work around for this is to set graphics to DX9 with lowest settings. The heat has always been an issue since beta. Using new GPU GEForce 770.
Its not the card.

Since Headstart launched every time the game crashes it hard locks and I have to end all 3 processes(Glyph, AA, Glyph Error handler{no error show}).
Files are then corrupt, I have to reinstall AA. Glyph is fine.

I have done this 9 times.

Wait cue last night on logging in at 4pm 3900.
Wait cue today at 2pm 1900.
Waited 5 1/2 hours to get to 2 remaining AA freezes.
Reinstall, log in, cue: 3493

All my plants an animals are long withered or gone by now since I can get in to tend to them.

I'm done.

I've never had this much trouble with any MMO I've played in the past 15 years.

Possibly the WoW launch was only thing close.

I will not be renewing patron. I will not be logging in again.

Sorry Trion. I'm patient but this is ridiculous.

Good luck.

Nezdar
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
They did not have the capacity for HEAD START those were PRE PAYS, so even if there were ZERO F2P players they screwed up big time.

/Agree - bean counters didn't want to take a risk even knowing how many founders packs were sold.

Misto
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you Hartsman. I am glad to hear concrete action has been taken in the NA region and I hope it follows soon in the EU. Two of my guild members from the EU have temporarily given up on the EU servers and have relocated to the NA servers. This move has effectively cost them twice the price of the game as they can not transfer the items that they already spent on their main characters on the EU server so they had to re buy the same cash shop items all over again and they have to pay for battleping VPN to play competitively on the NA server from Europe. I hope the EU servers get the love they need soon so I can be free of eight hour queues without having to effectively buy the game again to play on the NA servers.

Kiwi
09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Thanks Scott for the update and a great game!
Good Luck with server upgrades and any other adjustments moving forward.

Gromit
Wow, nice spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Dead or Alive would be proud.

ZeAzrael
Could you maybe change how labour points work, at least for now until this initial wave settles? I think that by encouraging the people who only want to farm labour to be offline, and thus let the people who want to actively play be online, it would at least lessen the problem somewhat...
The one time i managed to log in I saw a bunch of people AFK'ing in towns and running into walls just to farm labour...

So changing the system to give more labour while offline, even to f2p players, would lessen the server load and make the people that just want to farm labour feel like they're not missing out but are actually rewarded...
As I said, I understand this is not your goal with labour, but you could make it slowly switch back to the way it is now after a while when things start to settle down...

Just an idea that doesn't require hardware and makes players feel good and while it doesn't solve the issue entirely, I feel it would have a noticeable impact...

Mokey
09-18-2014, 04:52 PM
agreed sir

Inseril

I am not defending them, I am saying the problems that are happening are typical in MMORPGs that are subscription only. Do me a favor and name a MMORPG that did not have these issues or worse issues at launch?

Corti
Nice update and I appreciate the honesty. However, it has almost been a week with this issue and it took almost a week to actually address it honestly with the public. Previously, your customer service rep, Scrapes, said that there was no queues during headstart when there clearly was. During the headstart you guys SAW the warning signs that launch was going to bring. You had 4 days to quickly get more hardware. In the public's eye you did nothing. (yes I realize you probably were ordering hardware and making sure you got everything right but you need to TELL your players this SOONER. Not a week later). It seemed to me that you waited until launch to get more hardware because of the problem that had been in the headlights all along. Now paying customers are waiting hours to play if they can play at all.

You talked about hardware and the issue. Now talk about what else you are going to do.

Here is a solutions and a suggestions that will help reduce the problem that you could of done before and show your paying customers you actually care about them (right now I've seen very little caring coming from Trion).

1) Change Patron Offline Labor regen to 10. People won't feel like they have to afk macro to get labor. People suggested this before. Once again, the warning signs were there and you ignored them.
2) Compensation to patrons. You gave people 5 days compensation but this has been almost a full week of queue issues. You might want to start with another 5-7 extension plus a few labor pots. Granted fixing the problems first is more important and maybe next week you can talk about compensation. But you could at least let paying customers know you will be compensating them for the troubles that are your responsibility and not ours.

Bee
Let me give you some free advice, when you make a game that rewards you for being online and punishes you for not being online.

Do not blame your customer for staying online.

You are no where close to enough servers now, how could have you ever thought you had enough when the amount of prepays?

Mischu
09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
I lost my patron status last night and don't get enough labor since then. Tried to contact chat support, but already waiting for 5 hrs to get there and the working hrs are almost over I need the labor and my status back but it's impossible now to get support.

Bee
I am not defending them, I am saying the problems that are happening are typical in MMORPGs that are subscription only. Do me a favor and name a MMORPG that did not have these issues or worse issues at launch?

Rift it was developed and published by Trion, I thought there were a better company.

Stitchi
well, thank you for your answere, but you say it takes much time to get new additional hardware, okay, i understand that point, but you should have known how many people bought the founder packs and still just opened the existing beta servers? and then at the headstart you still had at least the hardware of the two alpha servers but waited the whole weekend to open it at the very last day?

Jaserion
09-18-2014, 04:54 PM
now, this is the trion that i know and become a fan of. thanks for the update!....but really, i want to play. >_<

sionate
09-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I had Lost Faith in Trion and now this....

My faiths restored , I have never seen a CEO of a gaming company EVER care enough to write a feed and tell us Exactly what going on EVER.

Scott please be CEO and Notifier of the Lynch Mob who were after Trion's Blood.

Anger subsiding all calm now we actually know what's going on *nods sage like*.

WNxArcticwolf
09-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Also to point out trions world are not the devs they can't make big changes to the game change requests have to go to XL games in korea. BEE.

Kelxin
09-18-2014, 04:56 PM
So.... Trion, do you have a plan? Want to let us know what that plan might be?

If you guys ever want some advice or hands on, I own a computer business in Denver and have done large scale rolls outs for clients with adaptive planning (including clustering servers for a joint workload, so that "more servers" can be added, without adding "more realms"). If you guys don't want more selectable servers for long term reduction of client base, add more servers to each realm to provide more simultaneous connections, unless of course, each of your realms is only on one physical server (which I hope not).

Either way, if you guys want a "simple" fix. Add 6 more servers. Make 2 of them patron only (yes people MUST pay per month to be able to log into them, no pay, no play. that simple). Make the other 4 FREE ONLY (yep, if you pay, you can't play, period.) Keep the rest of your servers as is. Refund 100% of the credits (NOT MONEY) to each of the patrons and set a date that 100% of the patron rewards will be sent out again to those customers (the same day as the new servers come online), which would remove many of the reasons people would not move to a new server.

I.E. For me, why would I move to a new server and lose 9000 credits that I've spent, my housing location, ALL of my patron rewards, for what? Just to get access to the game which should have been granted in the first place?

wickywick
09-18-2014, 04:57 PM

My faiths restored , I have never seen a CEO of a gaming company EVER care enough to write a feed and tell us Exactly what going on EVER.

He pretty much did during Rift's launch too.

Bee
09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Also to point out trions world are not the devs they can't make big changes to the game change requests have to go to XL games in korea. BEE.

I do believe that 100 percent, but it was not XLGames that kept Trion from not having enough servers.

KillinKilo
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
The communication Trion has been giving is the ONLY saving grace right now. I am a little passed angry that I have to wake up at 4am to go to work and get off around 6pm just to NOT be able to play the game I paid so much money into. Its sad that the entire time I am awake at home is spent in the queue. 3300th in queue today..2800 yesterday logged me in when I needed sleep. A Trailblazer should NOT have to choose between sleep and being ABLE to play your game. Keep up the hard work and FINISH developing the MMO that can actually go far. You guys have a chance but hopefully the community holds on because I know its slowly dieing from this..

Raymith
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
thank you so much for the update. as much as it pains me to see the lines this high waiting, just getting a response to say "we hear you and are working on it" goes a LONG way in my book. I'm a patient man, and am more than willing to wait for these changes to take place. I will take the remainder of my waiting time posting a link to this page where I can so people can find this for themselves. again, thanks for the response, it means a HELL of a lot.

HunterSpike
09-18-2014, 05:02 PM
And what about regarding patron time that was purchased prior to any launch? If my patron status started on day one and I sat in queues for two weeks, are you adding time to my patron status? Or was that overlooked by your company at the time of the sale, therefore forfeiting what I purchased and was promised?

i would also like to know about this.. cause riht now for the past 4 days ive been able to play at most 2 hours? seeing all the other hours is wasted sitting in que. i would hope my patron time is re given to me

Corti
09-18-2014, 05:03 PM

Wildstar had queues for about 2 days but they got them settled after that. I actually experienced zero queue for Wildstar during headstart and launch and I was on one of the most populous servers Caretaker(other servers did have queues but NOTHING close to 3+ hours that AA has).

Every time I have logged into AA I have been in a queue and it has been getting worse every day since day one headstart. I am a patron and today I have been waiting almost 3 hours now and according to the queue it will be at least another hour. Yesterday, at 1am PDT, I had to wait 30 minutes (not long but at 1am I expect no queue). A F2P friend of mine started his queue at 6:30am. He did not get in until 4:30pm. That is beyond ridiculous.

No one should be defending Trion. This was one of their main responsibilities and they failed HARD. Accepting poor service like this just lets the next MMO company get away with it too. Why are people accepting poorer and poorer service from companies now? We have had MMOs for almost two decades and yet companies are getting passes for horrible service just because "its an MMO".

Now keep in mind. I am not saying Wildstar is a better game than AA. I am simply talking about the launch problems between the two and compared to AA, WS was smooth.

Charlizd
09-18-2014, 05:04 PM
I know many a mmo that had issues lie this at launch but they were well prepared and fixed most of there issue within hours when it came to server congestion, not days, like the other person said, they did not even have enough room just for headstart to think that everything would have been good on release days shows how unprepared they were which astounds me as they have plenty of experience in this business to pull a rookie move like this, so stop buttering them up with there lame excuses and using others as an example, they have been in the game long enough to be way better prepared and offer better service than what they have.

Rylo
09-18-2014, 05:05 PM
No word about our missing Patron status, awesome.

wickywick
09-18-2014, 05:06 PM
The communication Trion has been giving is the ONLY saving grace right now. I am a little passed angry that I have to wake up at 4am to go to work and get off around 6pm just to NOT be able to play the game I paid so much money into. Its sad that the entire time I am awake at home is spent in the queue. 3300th in queue today..2800 yesterday logged me in when I needed sleep. A Trailblazer should NOT have to choose between sleep and being ABLE to play your game. Keep up the hard work and FINISH developing the MMO that can actually go far. You guys have a chance but hopefully the community holds on because I know its slowly dieing from this..

Echoed.

But I "only" paid $100 to be a founder. Haven't been able to play on my server this week after work, not for lack of trying. Hopefully I'll get in about 30 minutes today (if the queue ever speeds up) before I have to be responsible and go back to bed for work again tomorrow. It's quite a drag really. I was looking forward to playing this game this week. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get on if the queues are better.

Trax
Im pleased Trion are looking into the queues but there are STILL people without patron that maybe had it before and was removed last night or who bought it and still dont have it.

Malvious

Exactly what i wanted to post.

Ronyn
09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm hoping things will improve, but when I log on and there's a one hour plus wait time to get on, it's very upsetting to me. Yeah it's a game, but when I'm working 10 to 12 hours a day, in addition to taking care of family, well, my one to two hours is important to me. I also think the founders packs were massively mishandled, especially in light of most founders not being able to even log in on the first four days and when we did get on, we were often booted.

The six founders packs? Another joke.... because if you created a character and then deleted it for any reason, well that counted as one of your founders packs, even though the founders packs weren't coming through for the first four days and weren't accepted from the mail that they weren't in to begin with. My hope is that things get better. The game has potential for players of every type.

Feoryn
I appreciate the response. And i do know that everyone on the team is working hard. But i think, honestly, you should have not launched the game if you were not fully prepared. The game needs more servers. Not just 1 or 2. Not just a 10-20% capacity increase. At this point i'm thinking perhaps a grander amount of server adding is needed also, if possible, a character transfer system implemented with a 1 free transfer so friends may migrate, if need be, to another server together. I paid for a founders pack mostly to be able to have the head-start, and actual head-start, and get some land. But mass crowding, frequent disconnections and downtime, and long queue times most definitely was not worth the money i paid for. I can't even get in the time for my Patron status, although adding a few days to the patron status was a nice idea, but if it keeps up this way, it's still not even worth it.

Thanks again for working hard to all the team though, i know it isn't easy.

OvenBaked
What about the people that got multiple daru chests giving them 100+gold and a ton of gilda stars at level 1? Usually these exploits/bug are big in games like these and dealt with quick... but I've yet to see a single response from Trion regarding it.

Atycia
This is what we wanted, some news, so thank you Hartsman.

This is cheating imo and should be at the very least a suspended account for a few days "I am merely celebrating the excitement of launch by exercising my steed in a circular pattern for an extended period of time,"

Gromit

Isn't that a problem that only affects Europeans?

Yeah, Trion aren't pretending to like the EU players. Sorry about that.

Inseril
09-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Rift it was developed and published by Trion, I thought there were a better company.

They are a good company...I played Rift at launch the login in server was down for 4 hours at a time and I was in 2-3 hour cues. Then you logged into starter area your frame rate made it impossible to play. In Rift they were able to add tons of servers, because no one could own land. After launch when the crowds died,there were massive server merges...I lost my Character name about 4 times because someone had it on the server I merged with.

Despite all those issues, I still enjoyed RIFT. Anytime your dealing with a multiplayer game either as an MMORPG or even FPS has tons of technical issues at release. But many in the player community still decide to ♥♥♥♥♥ about it.

What separates good releases from bad has nothing to do with the technical issues at release. It has to do with how quickly they communicate information to the player base regarding what they are doing to try and fix the problem. There is nothing worse then being left in the dark, but the constant rants of worse launch ever is not even close to being true here.

TreeFrog
Thank you, this is finally a decent update, and what a good one it was. Please keep this sort of transparency up. I very much appreciate it. One thing gamers hate is being told generic responses from pseudo-drones.

Krypt0night

This is the main thing I'd like to know as well. A lot of hours have been wasted of my subscription just waiting to even play the game (and also started during headstart which also had queues).

Malvious
09-18-2014, 05:09 PM

Yeah, Trion aren't pretending to like the EU players right now.

its more important to get more players in the game so they can spend money.

Bee
i would also like to know about this.. cause riht now for the past 4 days ive been able to play at most 2 hours? seeing all the other hours is wasted sitting in que. i would hope my patron time is re given to me

I hear a lot of people say this.

Not being able to play when a game launches and not being able to play during head start when you paid to start early is not the same as adding a week worth of patron to your account.

The game only launches once a game company is either ready or not, I think we all agree they were not, even Trion.

This is a real shame been paying for patron in Rift cancelled it when I got into alpha for AA, thought this company would have done better.

There were so many posts in the alpha forums saying they did not have enough capacity and Trion said Trust us we are ready.

You have to rebuild trust saying you are sorry does not make all right, not even saying I'm sorry we messed up is where we are at now.

Moge
I paid to play and I CURRENTLY have 1535 in front of me in Queue Age.

My son is F2P and he has 1644 in front of him.

Queue Age, bring families together in anger since September 2014

TreeFrog
They are a good company...I played Rift at launch the login in server was down for 4 hours at a time and I was in 2-3 hour cues. Then you logged into starter area your frame rate made it impossible to play. In Rift they were able to add tons of servers, because no one could own land. After launch when the crowds died,there were massive server merges...I lost my Character name about 4 times because someone had it on the server I merged with.

Despite all those issues, I still enjoyed RIFT. Anytime your dealing with a multiplayer game either as an MMORPG or even FPS has tons of technical issues at release. But many in the player community still decide to ♥♥♥♥♥ about it.

What separates good releases from bad has nothing to do with the technical issues at release. It has to do with how quickly they communicate information to the player base regarding what they are doing to try and fix the problem. There is nothing worse then being left in the dark, but the constant rants of worse launch ever is not even close to being true here.

This. +1 I agree, communication.

Memerto
09-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Finally some people takling.

Why was Scape all by himself dealing with all this?

SteveT
09-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Thank you for the communication.

Inseril
09-18-2014, 05:13 PM
I know many a mmo that had issues lie this at launch but they were well prepared and fixed most of there issue within hours when it came to server congestion, not days, like the other person said, they did not even have enough room just for headstart to think that everything would have been good on release days shows how unprepared they were which astounds me as they have plenty of experience in this business to pull a rookie move like this, so stop buttering them up with there lame excuses and using others as an example, they have been in the game long enough to be way better prepared and offer better service than what they have.

How many of those games were free to play?

Waikikamukau
09-18-2014, 05:14 PM

Earth and Beyond

EVE Online

The Secret World

Guild Wars 2

Star Wars: The Old Republic

WildStar

None of them were in this state at this point during or after headstart. There were no 3200+ people queues on their servers. There were queues but nothing like this length. SWTOR opened a ton of extra servers as demand rose because they anticipated sufficiently beyond the preorders. EVE Online and The Secret World never had the issue because they use "megaserver" technology to put everyone on a single shard.

Saying the problems are typical is an insult now. MMOs have been around long enough and their popularity is a given. There shouldn't be the WoW amazement factor anymore (when Vanilla released in 2004 they thought they'd have 475k users in 6 months and had 2 million on day one).

Take all this with a grain of salt. I'm doubly jaded having been playing online games since 300 baud modems and text/ANSI/ASCII as well as being in IT working with server farms on a daily basis. I just don't accept "oh we didn't know" or "we couldn't anticipate" answers anymore. Business Analytics failed to do their job or the Server Team didn't heed their warning and screwed the pooch.

I'm sure "oh we didn't know" or "we couldn't anticipate" were the phrases thrown around @ White Star Lines offices on the morning of April 15, 1912 after finding out the Titanic was on the bottom of the Atlantic as well.

Malvious
09-18-2014, 05:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ItnCd2Q.jpg

KiloZulu
09-18-2014, 05:15 PM
As much as I appreciate all the effort that Trion is putting forth to try and rectify the problems with the launch, I didn't see anything in the post that sounds like it will fix the long queues on the existing servers. New servers will be nice for new players, but the existing player base is crammed into the original servers that came online and no one seems interested in migrating. As I sit in the patron queue behind 1500 other players with a 1+ hour wait time it seems obvious that no one wants to surrender the week of play time they've had to start over. For many it means the loss of credits spent to purchase special items, or the fear of another land rush on a new server where they might not get the chance to drop their small home that they managed the first go around. As I was kept out of the game by the problems of the head start, I didn't have any objection to starting over on Inoch, even though it whittled my head start down to a few hours of play time.

Not a single friend of mine who had planted a house on our originally intended server was willing to do the same, however, so what do I do? I gave up playing the game altogether. Simply put, until Trion responds with a measure that shifts the populations off of the original servers and reduces the queue times for across all servers, nothing is going to save the game.

Bee
09-18-2014, 05:19 PM

Since I can't play I will respond.

In Rift there were problems I will agree, but for the most part I could play when I wanted too. If I could not it was because of an emergency patch or servers down, so it affected everyone not just some. There were ques but you joined them and once you got in you could play.

I paid for early access and after four days of that and now release I have spent 80 to 90 percent of my time in a que, I been in Ques today for 4.5 hours and I'm at 2600 now. I will not even get to play today, this never happened in Rift. If it was only me I would understand, but it is not.

Lost connection to the que had to start over about 30 minutes ago, I can't move servers I have no open character slots. My account is messed up not showing Trailblazer got the wrong rewards sent in a ticket days ago, used a labor pot trying to catch up to the people I play with because of the ques I did not get the labor. If they get around to my ticket next week it really is of no use.

This is not a NEW game, it has been Release two times already, the problems we are having now was brought up over and over and over in the alpha forums. Russian release did not have enough servers after six weeks they were at 22. This just seems like a lot of bad decisions were made and no one wanted to listen to their paid testers.

If you are not going to listen to your alpha TESTERS then they are not really testers they are just a way to make money before the game is released.

Helli
09-18-2014, 05:19 PM

^This

"Bought" Patron status a few hours after launch, but am still inactive. Despite logging in and out of game multiple times. I would really like to know when and IF my Patron status will ever kick in?
While this non-patron status keeps going it precludes me from doing/getting any and all the things that I wanted Patron for. And has made it way too late to be able to get a farm/house. I would really hope all of us that have been trying to throw money at Trion for Patron.......or whom had Patron but lost it get some form of compensation for all the lost perks.

Tredough
09-18-2014, 05:20 PM
They made a game that gives you valuable labor points to stand around and yet nobody anticipated that people would be standing around all day? I played one of the betas for one hour and I knew within that hour that I'd be figuring out ways to stay logged on all day once the game opened up. How could no one see this coming? The game rewards people for being AFK, and then they're surprised that people are AFK? :confused:

I've attempted to log on every day this week after work, but still never made it to character creation. Normally when I gripe "this game is unplayable" I just mean in the metaphorical sense that the game is unbalanced, but this game is literally unplayable. You just wait in line. I've been playing games since the Atari and I can't personally recall a worse launch than this one...

KiloZulu
09-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Earth and Beyond

EVE Online

The Secret World

Guild Wars 2

Star Wars: The Old Republic

WildStar

None of them were in this state at this point during or after headstart. There were no 3200+ people queues on their servers. There were queues but nothing like this length. SWTOR opened a ton of extra servers as demand rose because they anticipated sufficiently beyond the preorders. EVE Online and The Secret World never had the issue because they use "megaserver" technology to put everyone on a single shard.

Saying the problems are typical is an insult now. MMOs have been around long enough and their popularity is a given. There shouldn't be the WoW amazement factor anymore (when Vanilla released in 2004 they thought they'd have 475k users in 6 months and had 2 million on day one).

Take all this with a grain of salt. I'm doubly jaded having been playing online games since 300 baud modems and text/ANSI/ASCII as well as being in IT working with server farms on a daily basis. I just don't accept "oh we didn't know" or "we couldn't anticipate" answers anymore. Business Analytics failed to do their job or the Server Team didn't heed their warning and screwed the pooch.

I'm sure "oh we didn't know" or "we couldn't anticipate" were the phrases thrown around @ White Star Lines offices on the morning of April 15, 1912 after finding out the Titanic was on the bottom of the Atlantic as well.

This. Very well said. I've been playing MMO's going back to EverQuest and Asheron's Call, and it's been a very long time since I've seen this bad of a launch.

Dronin
09-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Well done, the CEO has commented, thats nice now where is our compensation Mr CEO people are still angry

kRad
09-18-2014, 05:22 PM
hah, this should have been addressed before the launch this is the worst MMO launch I've seen since ultima online. Funny how he say's that they have all the hardware the consumers need yet continues to say there is more hardware on it's way. Since this isn't their first MMO launch this should have been realized prior. They need to also come up with another labor points plan seeing how it is a absolute joke how this system works.

IAmDemi
09-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Nice, fix Patron.

NoJo2211
09-18-2014, 05:24 PM
hah, this should have been addressed before the launch this is the worst MMO launch I've seen since ultima online. Funny how he say's that they have all the hardware the consumers need yet continues to say there is more hardware on it's way.

Actually he said in an ideal world, they would have all the hardware they need. Not defending him or them, but that is what he said/meant.

Psychiczen
I accept your apology, Hartsman, and appreciate the honesty and transparency. I have closed my Customer Service tickets, and will grudgingly agree to have more patience, as long as I continue to see progress and improvements with the frustrating issues you have personally recognized. I am glad to hear your staff is also subject to the queue times (misery loves company), and I understand how too many underpopulated servers would be as great a problem in the long run as the long queue times are a problem today. Please continue with your urgency! We love ArcheAge, and as a part of your paying community, I was really let down. I will not "demand compensation" for the services not rendered, but it would be a nice gesture if something was offered to paying customers who have been unable to take full advantage of the head start and other features that were advertised and promised. Priority on character transfers, perhaps? Thanks again.

Eilios
So.... Trion, do you have a plan? Want to let us know what that plan might be?

If you guys ever want some advice or hands on, I own a computer business in Denver and have done large scale rolls outs for clients with adaptive planning (including clustering servers for a joint workload, so that "more servers" can be added, without adding "more realms"). If you guys don't want more selectable servers for long term reduction of client base, add more servers to each realm to provide more simultaneous connections, unless of course, each of your realms is only on one physical server (which I hope not).

Either way, if you guys want a "simple" fix. Add 6 more servers. Make 2 of them patron only (yes people MUST pay per month to be able to log into them, no pay, no play. that simple). Make the other 4 FREE ONLY (yep, if you pay, you can't play, period.) Keep the rest of your servers as is. Refund 100% of the credits (NOT MONEY) to each of the patrons and set a date that 100% of the patron rewards will be sent out again to those customers (the same day as the new servers come online), which would remove many of the reasons people would not move to a new server.

I.E. For me, why would I move to a new server and lose 9000 credits that I've spent, my housing location, ALL of my patron rewards, for what? Just to get access to the game which should have been granted in the first place?

This would make me either pay for patron or play free and buy credits here and there. I've been it queue as patron since 4pm cst and now its almost 7:30pm cst and it's said > 1h for over 2 hrs. 771 people to go. So... I'm expecting roughly a 5.5 hr queue for a paying customer potentially that also paid to get stuff and in turn supported the game.

When I read customer service, I though for a second that we were fixing to get offered customer service in terms of re-compensation for lacking services. I'll still submit a ticket...

Frentauk
09-18-2014, 05:25 PM
They made a game that gives you valuable labor points to stand around and yet nobody anticipated that people would be standing around all day? I played one of the betas for one hour and I knew within that hour that I'd be figuring out ways to stay logged on all day once the game opened up. How could no one see this coming? The game rewards people for being AFK, and then they're surprised that people are AFK? :confused:

I've attempted to log on every day this week after work, but still never made it to character creation. Normally when I gripe "this game is unplayable" I just mean in the metaphorical sense that the game is unbalanced, but this game is literally unplayable. You just wait in line. I've been playing games since the Atari and I can't personally recall a worse launch than this one...

This exactly^^^^

Helli
09-18-2014, 05:26 PM

Yeah, Trion aren't pretending to like the EU players. Sorry about that.

No, it also affect US server players. I'm in Australia and have been waiting 3 days now for mine to become anything but inactive. So, sorry but EU aren't special snowflakes in the missing patron status stakes. They have a problem issuing/maintaining patron status no matter where you are on the globe :(

Gromit
09-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Did we read the same statement because I didn't see an apology?

Inseril
09-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Wildstar had queues for about 2 days but they got them settled after that. I actually experienced zero queue for Wildstar during headstart and launch and I was on one of the most populous servers Caretaker(other servers did have queues but NOTHING close to 3+ hours that AA has).

Every time I have logged into AA I have been in a queue and it has been getting worse every day since day one headstart. I am a patron and today I have been waiting almost 3 hours now and according to the queue it will be at least another hour. Yesterday, at 1am PDT, I had to wait 30 minutes (not long but at 1am I expect no queue). A F2P friend of mine started his queue at 6:30am. He did not get in until 4:30pm. That is beyond ridiculous.

No one should be defending Trion. This was one of their main responsibilities and they failed HARD. Accepting poor service like this just lets the next MMO company get away with it too. Why are people accepting poorer and poorer service from companies now? We have had MMOs for almost two decades and yet companies are getting passes for horrible service just because "its an MMO".

Now keep in mind. I am not saying Wildstar is a better game than AA. I am simply talking about the launch problems between the two and compared to AA, WS was smooth.

Wildstar did have cues the first two days at launch they were definitely much shorter then 3+ hours but they still had cues. My server was 90 to 120 min cues. The ability to quickly solve this issue had to do with Wildstar being a subscription based game, so they were dealing with hard numbers. In AA headstart it took them a little over a day to resolved most log in issues, except for 2 servers Ollo and another.

But I would agree with you that Wildstar was smoother. I never said AA has had the best launch of any MMORPG, but it is what I consider typical and maybe even a little better then most over the years.

Believe it or not games like this didn't always have cue times, most of the early required you to continuously enter your username and password over and over again for hours and hours getting the same error message.

Hadex
09-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Pure pile of sheet.
I don't see any progress on anything you do, just a pile of useless words to calm the crowd while you sit back in you desk scratching your balls.
Give us what we paid for.

Rai
09-18-2014, 05:31 PM
This is the kind of news I wanted to read after my poor internet dropped (TWICE!) while in queue for over 3 hours. I'll blame TWC for that one, but the queues are still atrocious. Thanks for the update!

Harry4Eva
Well I would like to be happy that this message appeared, however it is 2 days too late and I'm still pretty vexed that queues when I get home exceed 6 hours meaning that I wont be able to connect until past midnight and thus don't get to play -.-

However I did find a way around it yesterday, set my computer up at 1pm then proceeded to go to work until 9pm. I came home with only 13 people ahead of me in the queue =)

IGN: Earthor
Server: Kryposa

Bee
Did we read the same statement because I didn't see an apology?

Same funny ain't it.

First thing I do when I mess up and want someone to forgive me is say sorry.

Not I can't change the laws of physics, which is why there are not enough servers.

Ghost Shell
09-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Stop your ****ing B****ing the game will be ironed out soon or all you QQers will leave and not come back and it will iron it's self out you wont be quiting this game if you're a true archeage player go back to where you came from or something

Jorderon
While I was just now booted from a 4 hour queue mere minutes from entry due to "lost connection with server," and then was greeted with a 3k queue. I'm still happy to hear this news.

xDrac
Thank you for the update :)

Gromit
09-18-2014, 05:33 PM
No, it also affect US server players. I'm in Australia and have been waiting 3 days now for mine to become anything but inactive. So, sorry but EU aren't special snowflakes in the missing patron status stakes. They have a problem issuing/maintaining patron status no matter where you are on the globe :(

Well they don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about any of you really.

Did you notice a single apology in that mess of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥? I didn't.

Same funny ain't it.

First thing I do when I mess up and want someone to forgive me is say sorry.

Not I can't change the laws of physics, which is why there are not enough servers.

I don't think sorry even entered his mind, just "How can we shut these ******s up for a while?"

Lampy
09-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Can we get a transfer-only server that has new character creation closed for a few days?

ZeAzrael
09-18-2014, 05:34 PM

This.

The game rewards you for being online and essentially punishes you for being offline... no wonder people are idly staying online... they should make it so it rewards you for being offline too... have it generate equally or even more labour while offline... at least for now... this would notably help the issue...

Shadou
09-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Hope the new hardware helps :x my bf just about gave up trying to log in since the start barely wants to play right after logging in and is now slowly losing interest plz Trion hope it gets fixed up soon :( (cuz I really wanna lvl and play already)

Tasorin
09-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Congrats on being on the same ban list as John "I killed SWG" Smedley.

Your best bet would be to refund the Patron days in a day for day refund for every day Trion foists epic queues on paying players due to it's complete failure to plan accordingly for the demand crush.

Alden
09-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the communication,, very appreciated.. Now if I can just log in so I do not loose another 10 chickens!! lol

Bee
09-18-2014, 05:39 PM
This.

The game rewards you for being online and essentially punishes you for being offline... no wonder people are idly staying online... they should make it so it rewards you for being offline too... have it generate equally or even more labour while offline... at least for now... this would notably help the issue...

Archeage Third Release.

This was already known for anyone that did not stick their head in the sand.

This was brought up over and over in the alpha forums.

4 hours 38 minutes in que, 2,200 in line, can't change servers no character slot, can't play again, paid 150 to start early.

This is not a new game, it has been out for years, it took Russian release six weeks to get to 22 servers, but Trion did not see this coming.

Gromit
09-18-2014, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw

xeroen
09-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Been enjoying Archeage since Alpha.

My launch so far:

Games causes GPU to heat up past normal levels and will even make voltage spikes to the GPU that cause my PSU to emergency shut down the PC.
Only work around for this is to set graphics to DX9 with lowest settings. The heat has always been an issue since beta. Using new GPU GEForce 770.
Its not the card.

Since Headstart launched every time the game crashes it hard locks and I have to end all 3 processes(Glyph, AA, Glyph Error handler{no error show}).
Files are then corrupt, I have to reinstall AA. Glyph is fine.

I have done this 9 times.

Wait cue last night on logging in at 4pm 3900.
Wait cue today at 2pm 1900.
Waited 5 1/2 hours to get to 2 remaining AA freezes.
Reinstall, log in, cue: 3493

All my plants an animals are long withered or gone by now since I can get in to tend to them.

I'm done.

I've never had this much trouble with any MMO I've played in the past 15 years.

Possibly the WoW launch was only thing close.

I will not be renewing patron. I will not be logging in again.

Sorry Trion. I'm patient but this is ridiculous.

Good luck.

Strange, I have the same series GPU and it doesn't do that. I only hear the fan spin up slightly and that's about it. The game crashed on me once but havent experienced the overheating problem.

Gawker
09-18-2014, 05:41 PM
While it's been great for many, it's been uneven for others, most notably if you're stuck waiting. (We know, we wait in the same queues you do.)

You know, saying "We are sorry we underestimated the servers needed for both regions" would not kill you... :)

Xun
Yeah, now how about addressing Patrons who aren't showing Patron status in game, but yet you've felt free to charge us... yet we cannot buy land, farms etc because the game still thinks we are ftp

agiantfatman
it took Russian release six weeks to get to 22 servers, but Trion did not see this coming.

+15. You nailed it on the head.

That Dude
09-18-2014, 05:42 PM
The AFK'ing in some respects is a symptom of a problem that originates with Trion. I don't think I'd blame people right now for AFK'ing considering how much time they waited to get in. It's natural for people to try to find ways to avoid traffic.

While I respect correspondence from an executive, I feel that little was done to answer questions people have.

- What is going to be done for patrons who are losing out on playing time?
- What is going to be done for players who are losing time sensitive assets in game?
- What happens to people who can't pay taxes because they can't get in?
- How do you rectify the land situation that Trion basically created by making 16x16 homes 15 gilda, giving gilda so easily during story quests, AND allowing players to have 4 characters per server.
- Did anybody at Trion say "what if?" or attempt to play devils advocate during any team meetings? How was this allowed? Why?
-Clearly the way Archeages in game economy started is detrimental to the overall longevity of the game. What steps will Trion be taking to correct this? What can be done? What is the community willing to accept.
-Does Trion have the fortitude to wipe everything and start ALL over (head start included)?

I'm not going to run off. I liked the game in Alpha, and I have my money invested but honestly how Trion conducts itself in the next few days will determine if I ever have anything to do with the company in the future (after my time is up).

I know my little 2 pennies mean nothing, but I've had it with these MMORPG developers and the and "oh we didn't know... my bad" situations. The players knew it was going to happen, smarten up.

Oce
09-18-2014, 05:43 PM
If you are going to add more servers please let us know atleast 6-8 hrs before.. its not 10am for everyone, its 3 am in some parts of the world and releasing info about new server just an hour before is bad.. really

Spyder
09-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Ty Mr. Hartsman, keep up the good work, side note if I see you in game and ur red im sorry but im still gonna have to kill you, but I will make it swift and painless for a champion such as you :)

Bee
09-18-2014, 05:45 PM
If a Dev is reading these forums please look into my tickets.

Third release in a game that rewards you to stay online and punish you for logging out.

It took 22 Russian servers to slow down the Ques, do not add 2 more servers or you will lose more customers on top of the ones you already lost.

Visigoth
The AFK'ing in some respects is a symptom of a problem that originates with Trion. I don't think I'd blame people right now for AFK'ing considering how much time they waited to get in. It's natural for people to try to find ways to avoid traffic.

While I respect correspondence from an executive, I feel that little was done to answer questions people have.

- What is going to be done for patrons who are losing out on playing time?
- What is going to be done for players who are losing time sensitive assets in game?
- What happens to people who can't pay taxes because they can't get in?
- How do you rectify the land situation that Trion basically created by making 16x16 homes 15 gilda, giving gilda so easily during story quests, AND allowing players to have 4 characters per server.
- Did anybody at Trion say "what if?" or attempt to play devils advocate during any team meetings? How was this allowed? Why?
-Clearly the way Archeages in game economy started was detrimental to the overall longevity of the game. What steps will Trion be taking to correct this? What can be done? What is the community willing to accept.

I'm not going to run off. I liked the game in Alpha, and I have my time invested but honestly how Trion conducts itself in the next few days will determine if I ever have anything to do with the company in the future (after my time is up).

I know my little 2 pennies mean nothing, but I've had it with these MMORPG developers and the and "oh we didn't know... my bad" situations. The players knew it was going to happen, smarten up.

damn straight they need to address these issues.

jstoker1238
Just before I read this I was fuming about sitting at 2852 in queue, which is the highest I've seen it personally as a patron. After reading this however, I am calm again. It's good to know you are actually doing something about this madness. Thank you, thank you!

phreaked
09-18-2014, 05:46 PM

~Scarlett

Well said Scarlett

Lohre
09-18-2014, 05:47 PM
I appreciate the communication. It really makes me feel better to see that Trion gets our issues. Hopefully we can put this all behind us very soon!

Blackarrow
09-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone, we'd like to thank you all for being a part of this absolutely massive launch of ArcheAge.

We've heard from a lot of you that ArcheAge has stirred up excitement for an MMO in a way that many of you haven't felt in a long time. When people are in and playing, we hear a lot that the game's the great, exciting experience they were waiting for.

Know that we haven't been, and won't be, resting until the experience is great for everyone. We've been talking to you a lot about this on Twitter and our forums, and we wanted to thank you for your patience -- which has been extreme in some cases for sure.

I'd like to talk about what we’re doing to make sure that all of you can have that same kind of experience.

In an ideal world, we have all the hardware we need to host the ideal number of servers, in a way that works best for everyone. We'd strike the perfect balance between launch popularity, when everyone wants to be online 100% of the time, and the settled population of more normal play patterns that will naturally come over time.

In reality, we have to plan capacity months ahead of time, based on things like web site signups, numbers of people who play in alphas and betas, how long they play, and so on. There's a fair amount of science that goes into it, and in general it's pretty accurate. We then include extra for overflow, just in case we need more.

In this case, so many entirely new people showed up that we opened not just all of our launch hardware on the first day, but the overflow hardware soon after as well. Since Head Start, we've expanded both the number of servers and the capacity of all servers steadily. We try to let you know this both on the forums and on Twitter (@ArcheAge (http://www.twitter.com/archeage)) whenever this occurs.

Inside the business you'll hear people call this "problems of success," but make no mistake - since it negatively affects you, we remain obsessively focused on the "problem" part, not the "success" part. We treat these as high priority problems that we need to solve, as rapidly as possible.

1) Yes, more hardware is on its way to helping you! We're still aiming to strike the balance between short and long term and we know with certainty that more hardware is needed for both. We've heard both the "more servers" and "no more servers" crowds, and are certain we need to take steps toward more. I'm happy to share that the next round of hardware landed with our team in Texas this morning.

While I do wish that we could violate the laws of space and time to transport physical servers instantly, and help both NA and EU simultaneously, because of the way hardware is shipped out, and factors like "customs," there will be some delay between helping out the two regions. Do note that we're doing everything we can to make sure that delay is as minimal as possible. (We are aiming for days, not weeks, between.)

We'll be talking more about the details here over the coming days, in our Launch FAQ thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions).

2) Note that we've been more aggressively sweeping AFKers, even manually when needed. For example, while we had said during beta that we were tentatively tolerant of AFK mount riding, we'd be keeping an eye out to see if it became a problem. Well, it's officially a problem when actual players who will be playing can't get in.

If you're not actively playing, please do be aware that you might not be there when you get back. Of course, while we do appreciate creative justifications such as "I am merely celebrating the excitement of launch by exercising my steed in a circular pattern for an extended period of time," those will still earn a quick trip to desktop.

We're also going to be setting up a more aggressive AFK timer as is suited to an over-popular launch, and ensuring that there are fewer ways to get around it. Again, this is all to create the greatest opportunity to get active human beings into the game.

3) As with any launch where you get massive numbers of new players, we need great people helping out with the typical things that happen as services scale up, which is why I wanted to talk Customer Service. You have wanted to talk with them. You've wanted to talk with them a lot. And they really do want to help.

Trion's CS team has already been expanded pretty massively, with scores of new people coming on board in the weeks leading up to ArcheAge's launch. There's a veritable dedicated army of people wanting to help. We're also happy to announce that we're ramping that up even more. As with all of our CS in the past, we're continuing down the path of natively fluent CS reps in each language we service.

4) Communication is critical during launches - We do get that. I've personally tweeted more during this launch than I think I have since Twitter existed. We're going to be redoubling our efforts, most notably on our forums, with even more people pitching in.

We had been trying to focus our updates into specific known locations, but that's not having the effect that we had hoped. We need to be in more places and threads that you're already discussing, so you can expect more of that beginning today, and in a more visibly 24/7 fashion than it might have appeared previously. We've been continuously working like crazy knocking down the types of launch issues one might expect, but if you don't see evidence of it, then it's not as helpful to you. We get that too.
Once again – Thank you all for your patience, and we have constant improvements that will continue to be rolled out. As always, to keep track of the latest details of what’s being worked on, you can find updates in the ongoing Launch FAQ update thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions). We look forward to getting even more capacity up for you across the board, being more visible about it, and giving you all the great experience you deserve.

- Scott

5 hours in the queue then dumped by your server as an inactive player must be scraping the bottom of the barrel... It is something you can fix and not a good way to treat your patrons......

kiwipearls
09-18-2014, 05:48 PM
As a Founding Patron, I don't think I am ever going to get into this game this weekend. I've been in the queue last 3 hours. I went to coffee group, picked my husband up from work and now I probably have another 1-1.5 hour wait. I queued up my game, hoping to play after my lunchtime which is NA evening.

I understand your logic. But I feel based on your popularity, more servers are needed - especially for this weekend.

I also feel that headstart founders should be allowed a free server transfer for those that want to move out form their heavily populated server. But in saying that, I don't think land-grabbers looking to capitalise on this should move...but that is hard to know who is and who isn't.

For our guild, we just want some land to place our farms and guild house next to each other and that is impossible on Ollo right now.

AppleFetish
09-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Thank you Scott.

Frigid
09-18-2014, 05:55 PM
The server status to me is one big heaping load of BS. Since you had a pretty damn good idea about queue times from beta, alpha, and from the head start. These long queue times are unacceptable I could see maybe an hour or just over but come on with these queue times it takes away a lot of peoples play time to where we can't experience or enjoy something that was paid for by the founders and patrons. Still a lot of people are wondering about compensation for the founders and patrons for pretty much getting screwed over especially when it comes to the new starter packs that were released for the F2P launch what kind of BS is that. Trion really needs to come up with some type of compensation for this debacle of a launch or I have a feeling a lot of paying customers won't be sticking around.

Spyder
09-18-2014, 05:57 PM
As a Founding Patron, I don't think I am ever going to get into this game this weekend. I've been in the queue last 3 hours. I went to coffee group, picked my husband up from work and now I probably have another 1-1.5 hour wait. I queued up my game, hoping to play after my lunchtime which is NA evening.

I understand your logic. But I feel based on your popularity, more servers are needed - especially for this weekend.

I also feel that headstart founders should be allowed a free server transfer for those that want to move out form their heavily populated server. But in saying that, I don't think land-grabbers looking to capitalise on this should move...but that is hard to know who is and who isn't.

For our guild, we just want some land to place our farms and guild house next to each other and that is impossible on Ollo right now.

they are addressing both those issues, they ran outta of servers and some new ones just arrived today for NA, EU will probably have a lil longer of a wait for them, and they also said they was discussing a plan on free server transfers they just haven't finished implementing it yet... hang in there! :)

seven309
09-18-2014, 05:59 PM
3 days now I que in the morning. and Will still be never be able to play. I get disconnected, the que is too long, and it's just basically impossible to enter this game.

Yes I'm a F2P player because I do not want to spend money on my games before I get to test them out. I do however believe in supporting the devs through buying in-game currency/cash-shop items. And that was what I was going to do.

But because of this 5-10hr que, It just doesn't work for me. I que before I go to work, when I get back, I'm still in que, then I get disconnected.

So, ♥♥♥♥ this ♥♥♥♥.

Castral
09-18-2014, 06:00 PM
The queues. I hope they get fixed asap :(

Just filed a leave of absence from work >:D

Eiz
To be honest i think they just need to increase their capcity by like 10,000 per sever and add in like 2 servers more then problem solved, and i know "You just say it like that but its not just gonna happen that fast" i know but to be honest trion should have expected this from their problems of russian servers etc, and knowing that my patron time is going to expire in a month really anoys me, i am not gonna complain but trion please try to make it so people can go into the game in at least a week cause most of my friends that play this game with me are giving up on it just because of the queue and going to a sucky game like black desert, eww. Pls trion SAVE MY FRIENDS D':

Arlan
Well said, and thank you for the updates.

jbrother
09-18-2014, 06:02 PM

- Scott

two whole posts... you must care a great deal about the stakeholder you have in your customers. Oh wait I forgot American corporations don't see customers as stakeholders, only stockholders get that benefit right?

By the way you geniuses didn't keep any extra hardware around in case something burned up or broken unexpectedly? I guess I am spoiled working in healthcare where if you don't have back ups people die.

Does anyone with your title actually see reality the day after they take the helm?

there is a reason you get that title and in some way I feel bad for you because your job rides in it in some way...

C =chief
E =excuse
O =officer

I would feel for you even more if you didn't make a large fortune compared to most of your customers and employees.

You really should fire your process planning people and hire ones with the balls to stand up to you when they see you about to go down a rocky path.

With your profit buy some extra gear and keep it in your office closet and then you can be the savior of your company and customers when you roll out a new server the same day people complain by the thousands.

By the way in three days I have sat in queue for almost 20 hours. Thankfully I knew it would be that long so I went to work so I could make more money I won't be giving your company.

afro
09-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Scott,

I appreciate the post. I really do. I know you guys are doing everything you can to fix these problems. However, I believe this is truly the core of the problem. I think right now you could open up 20 more servers, and it won't make too much of a difference. Development is simply needed. GW2 was a great example on how to handle overflow, and that would require a major system update/overhaul to your infrastructure. I seriously doubt XL wants to do something like this, yet it is desperately needed. The people who have invested so much time already into their characters, or have friends on highly populated servers will not want to leave.

Perhaps a simpler solution would be to split the servers up and give the players a chance to choose between more options. There are pros and cons to this for sure, but something needs to be done. Waiting for hours on end to play, when most people only have a few hours each day, is pretty terrible.

Sixxstring
09-18-2014, 06:05 PM
I do not care how great it is that the CEO took the time to type the email he could have directed his community manager to type. I appreciate acknowledgement of the problem but it is purely this simple..... people paid for 4 days of head start which was severely impacted by a DDOS attack that clearly your team couldn't dissolve in a timely manner and yet you further penalize the pre-paid players by not extending that time..... worse off there are insurmountable queue times of almost 2 hours to play a game...most of the human population that has a family or a normal job cannot play under those circumstances. I regret ever enlisting in any payment to this game, I am just glad I was smart enough not to let you sucker me in for the full 150.00. A word to the wise get your ♥♥♥♥ together I am only one aggravated message type but trust me there are hundreds!

relic
09-18-2014, 06:06 PM
They sold 1.2 million copies before open beta and its really said they didn't even make the servers big enough to hold that. I paid for this game 60 months ago and have been a very active tester the whole time. Its really said that you people took our 150$ and are treating us the same as the people that paid for 1 month 2 days ago.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/justinmclean66/servers_zpsdab91b2d.png

hmm ya maybe ill get in tonight, thanks trion for making a really great game into ♥♥♥♥.

hessian
It will be so nice to see the spam horse peeps getting the boot. I was playing last night, seen hundreds of people doing this, hundreds and hundreds. heck I even thought hell while in rome! but gave up after 20min of afk thunder. due to clan mates saying they cant get into the game.

they do need to work on the labor point system tho, as this does promote afk mayhem for sure.

great work so far! loving the game :D

Phoenecean
... While I do wish that we could violate the laws of space and time to transport physical servers instantly, and help both NA and EU simultaneously, because of the way hardware is shipped out, and factors like "customs," there will be some delay between helping out the two regions. Do note that we're doing everything we can to make sure that delay is as minimal as possible. (We are aiming for days, not weeks, between.) ...

I'm intimately familiar with such factors as "customs". I'm a project manager for a logistics company and have a Logistics Management degree and have been in said profession for over 15 years now. I've shipped everything from a 10 kg box to a 400 metric ton transformer and beyond. I've coordinated the clearance of cargo through Customs in almost all 196 countries on this planet.

Unless you've hired a very slack freight forwarder and even a more slack Customs broker in the respective country; you should NOT have a Customs delay or issue.

Send me a message and I'd be glad to help you make that delay truly as minimal as possible.

Bee
09-18-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm tired of messing with the forums and still at 1900 in Que so will leave on this note for the CEO?

When you add these servers and maybe allow your customers to move can you reset the spent credits or are they gone?

Sixxstring
I do not care how great it is that the CEO took the time to type the email he could have directed his community manager to type. I appreciate acknowledgement of the problem but it is purely this simple..... people paid for 4 days of head start which was severely impacted by a DDOS attack that clearly your team couldn't dissolve in a timely manner and yet you further penalize the pre-paid players by not extending that time..... worse off there are insurmountable queue times of almost 2 hours to play a game...most of the human population that has a family or a normal job cannot play under those circumstances. I regret ever enlisting in any payment to this game, I am just glad I was smart enough not to let you sucker me in for the full 150.00. A word to the wise get your ♥♥♥♥ together I am only one aggravated message type but trust me there are hundreds!

Only 2,484 people in queue right now..... good job. 8:07pm central time.

That Dude
What happens when we get in game is the bigger concern. I appreciate the slickness of causing a problem, and serving the solution of that problem as a grand gift but it's not really going to fly with people who see the bigger picture of Archeage.

Hartsman can you speak on the land issue? Quite honestly more servers isn't a solution, it's a band-aid to a severed appendage. How is it OK to game health that people have used alts to procure 4x 16x16 property within a few hours of the game launching. Why isn't there a locked grid system at this point?

Dialogue or acknowledgement of these issues would be appreciated.

Sting778
09-18-2014, 06:09 PM
I really don't give a rats ♥♥♥, my head start was a nightmare and I want to take my money, and there's nothing that can stop me from a refund! My items were only half delivered, starter packs are better for a player to start out on anyway. Extremely dissatisfied with the outcome....and here I helped you guys gain rep throughout alpha. Oh well.

Kastagir
09-18-2014, 06:09 PM
A major problem with the current situation is that F2P players are contributing to the queuing issues, not just AFKers, for paying player. In my opinion, two changes that could help the situation might be:

- The "grace period" for disconnects applies to paying customers only. Don't like it? Buy an account.
- Once a server queue reaches a predetermined number (say, 1000), F2P players will receive a message and be disconnected based on how long they've been online. Don't like it? See above.

Kagemusha
09-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Talk is cheap, Hartsman. Fix the problems and get your CS team members off their collective ♥♥♥♥♥ and start responding to tickets that are several days old. I spent $150 on a Founder's pack, haven't received any of the items in-game and am constantly in queues that are hours long. It's bordering on theft at this point. Own up to you and your teams incompetence.

Havenox
09-18-2014, 06:10 PM
stop trion. Try againg for the love of the gods. Wipe this servers, fix this ♥♥♥♥ty data centers and launch the game again since headstart! You owe us this!

Synthax
09-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Weird how everyone posting here bashing would actually not be posting and bashing .... if they were playing the game and not waiting in a 6 Hour queue. This clearly defines the problem. I have played many MMOs and never have I had to wait more than minutes to play.

I did not pay 150.00 US to wait in a queue.

jbrother
09-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Talk is cheap, Hartsman. Fix the problems and get your CS team members off their collective ♥♥♥♥♥ and start responding to tickets that are several days old. I spent $150 on a Founder's pack, haven't received any of the items in-game and am constantly in queues that are hours long. It's bordering on theft at this point. Own up to you and your teams incompetence.

Hey Scooter?

This is what the beginning of a revolt looks like. Be glad you are not the leader of a medieval country with one empty ship of food crumbs you and your dukes just ate while giving us rotten cow ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. We would proverbially "be eating you next".

Sting778
09-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Weird how everyone posting here bashing would actually not be posting and bashing .... if they were playing the game and not waiting in a 6 Hour queue. This clearly defines the problem. I have played many MMOs and never have I had to wait more than minutes to play.

I did not pay 150.00 US to wait in a queue.

Forgot to add this too Chief

Alteravitea
This is all I needed thanks, I personally have never seen a launch go sideways like this and just snowball like crazy.... but I have never seen a CEO post about it.... I wont be charging back just cause of this. Thanks for the conformation that someone was at least listening.

RyanJ
I do think this game is great and I do thank everyone for their replys.

The Que is a huge pain in the dick but it's happened and they are fixing it...

That being said I do want to whine about the fact I joined the Que at 10pm GMT+1 and its now 0215 and im still 665 in the Que.

I'm lucky i'm staying up to watch the scottish independence vote.

Synthax
A major problem with the current situation is that F2P players are contributing to the queuing issues, not just AFKers, for paying player. In my opinion, two changes that could help the situation might be:

- The "grace period" for disconnects applies to paying customers only. Don't like it? Buy an account.
- Once a server queue reaches a predetermined number (say, 1000), F2P players will receive a message and be disconnected based on how long they've been online. Don't like it? See above.

Correct me if I am wrong here but don't paying players go in front of F2P? If not, I SEE AN EASY FIX!!!!!

RyanJ
09-18-2014, 06:16 PM
stop trion. Try againg for the love of the gods. Wipe this servers, fix this ♥♥♥♥ty data centers and launch the game again since headstart! You owe us this!

Nice try Mr I have no land.

snowmaru
09-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Most players already settled in their server. The only way to tempt them is to make new servers only available for headstarter for 4 days then it'll be opened for F2P players as well.

Zeriu
09-18-2014, 06:17 PM

They can never do this, if they wiped the servers now. the game would be dead forever and no one would ever play again.

Redsolo
09-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Interesting, not one single apology for their blatant fumbles and miscalculations.

CyklonDX
09-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Hello,
I would wish to point out some stuff, those will be in regards over "What are you doing now"

1) Deploying servers, building OS and compiling can be very time consuming if you are working on real hardware. Since I am myself a server/network admin I know how mundane, slow it can be. This is why companies invest in virtual, cloud technologies. With this it takes minutes to deploy fully updated, installed server, but before doing such segment you need hardware which you should have if you are in such a business. IBM Blade Chassis are quite the solution for this.
Some may think that VM will be slower than real hardware, well they are wrong if you use external storage in (24+ hdd's) nas you can have 100's of servers running faster than real ones, and there are more pluses with security(PCI) because you only need to lock your NAS - there is no data in physical blades. This could be deployed as clones also of another server - mean similar to channels, with SQL replications to make sure they are in same world, even if they are on different physical servers. Easy stuff.

2) I am happy about this, but i've seen people on forums saying they weren't afk and got kicked anyway. It would be preferable to attempt to chat with them before kicking them *unless its obvious that they are - mount afk lvling - (would ban the ♥♥♥♥ of it)

3) I've seen no Customer Service in past few days, what I've seen are people threads being removed; because were written by angry unanswered customers, which weren't satisfied which haven't received solution as far as I know - and if solution was presented it should be public so none can use it against you as I just did.

4) People expected Trion to speak up on their forums, organize live stream where we could relate our problems and you could be held accountable. Trust me if You stated that Trion was working with this, and give people a little heads up what are you doing, if you are waiting for something - people wouldn't spam about it - It would be common knowledge, and You wouldn't have 100's of angry customers that feel Trion cheated them out of their money.
Ultimately its your own fault of people being angry.

I thank you for actually responding to us, and I hope you will do the right thing, and fix problems that are present for now.

MasterCthulhu
09-18-2014, 06:21 PM
and yet here i sit with a 4000+ que and its slower than yesterday.....i call BS

Hyjinks
Thanks for the update!

ratsstar
Thank you for the update. Good to see Scott on the forums and taking an active role.

lostmonkeys
Well it seems you guys are working hard to catch up to demand.

However, it also seems evident that you have far exceeded your targets for customers. Why do you not restrict at least some of the servers to paying customers only. Or is the software having to much trouble sorting the paid players from the free to play players. these ques are going to really hurt the game in the long run. Once players get frustrated and leave, most will not come back, even after the issues are fixed. If the existing severs are so over loaded, than only let the players who have paid to play log in. At least until you get more hardware up and running to support the load. You can always e-mail all the players holding free to play accounts once you open it back up.

Expecting paying players to sit in queue for hours, is going to cost you many customers. You could easily go from a launch that blew away your expectations, to a total failure, if these problem persist from more than a few days. Please restrict the game to paid players only, at least until you get this all sorted. I am not being selfish in this, as I myself am not a paying player. However, I gladly would pay, for the chance to play this game, If it meant I could actually play, not sit in queue until bed time, and try again tomorrow.

Texincali
09-18-2014, 06:22 PM
I Would gladly play on a new server...hell im currently waiting to connecto to ollo to delete the toon there because i have another server with a much better que time than ollo that i play on...that being said ive been in the ollo que since 9am and its now 8:21....thats almost 12 hours in a que...0.0 and i still have 219 people ahead of me....

Missouridude
I think they should completely wipe the servers add the new servers then give the founders their 4 days then reopen to the ftp and i am ftp

MWLStriker
*insert complaint about paying a sub fee to sit in queue here*

zoe08
09-18-2014, 06:23 PM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2dmdn5.jpg

AND I'M PATRON!!!!! I WANT MY REFUND NOW!!!!! I CANNOT PLAY SINCE SEPT 17

Wetpaw
09-18-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm probably one of those players considered "new people", I didn't play in beta and didn't really give this game a second glance. Out of boredom I got it, and next thing I knew it was 2am and I was logging out to sign up for patron sub status. What a breath of fresh air, take away the queue issue and wow! Great, and much needed in this genre of themepark boxed instances within more boxed instances.

Keep up the communication and follow through and this could be the success the genre needs in NA.

Thanks~

Sting778
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2dmdn5.jpg

AND I'M PATRON!!!!! I WANT MY REFUND NOW!!!!! I CANNOT PLAY SINCE SEPT 17

Amen brotha!

Odious
So much for "This is why we test". You had us pay $150.00 to "Test" this for you. You failed us! I seriously hope anyone looking into Trion's future developments such as Rift 3 that your slinging for $149.99, checks out these forums before throwing any money at you. I for one will not touch another Trion product after this.

Darkien
09-18-2014, 06:25 PM
I expect some kind of compensation for the failed head start and server queues. We paid a lot of money for a broken launch.

That Dude
09-18-2014, 06:26 PM

I'm going to have to agree. I'm sure the people who have got over on the system might not like it, but honestly as a person who HAS a house down and a farm, I think a wipe and restart with corrected rule sets would be some bad tasting but well needed medicine.

- 1 house, 16x16 farm, 8x8 farm, per server (to start, solutions to expand can be discussed later)
- Increase the cost of housing back to whatever it was during Alpha
- New Servers to accommodate your current base (yes, I mean NO queues for ANYBODY). Stop trying to cut corners at the expense of consumer dollars flowing into your cash shop (waiting in queue).

WIPE start fresh, start right (head start included). I think your player base will be angry at first but might actually respect you and Trion in the long run.

OR... we can continue this cycle of willful ineptitude + PR/Legal approved copy to players.

Bohbear
09-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Well it seems you guys are working hard to catch up to demand.

However, it also seems evident that you have far exceeded your targets for customers. Why do you not restrict at least some of the servers to paying customers only. Or is the software having to much trouble sorting the paid players from the free to play players. these ques are going to really hurt the game in the long run. Once players get frustrated and leave, most will not come back, even after the issues are fixed. If the existing severs are so over loaded, than only let the players who have paid to play log in. At least until you get more hardware up and running to support the load. You can always e-mail all the players holding free to play accounts once you open it back up.

Expecting paying players to sit in queue for hours, is going to cost you many customers. You could easily go from a launch that blew away your expectations, to a total failure, if these problem persist from more than a few days. Please restrict the game to paid players only, at least until you get this all sorted. I am not being selfish in this, as I myself am not a paying player. However, I gladly would pay, for the chance to play this game, If it meant I could actually play, not sit in queue until bed time, and try again tomorrow.

+1 I completely agree, I was only able to log on ONCE during the headstart and I haven't been able to play since launch, its getting pretty silly - and I paid for the $150 Archeum Founders Pack because It was either that or kill someone to get into the alpha just to get into this game, I'm happy to see that there's some communication going on, but I think you should fire your producers and tech guys for not thinking that 8 servers would be enough when the Korean version of the game has 24 servers and its been running for how many years now?

Darkien
So much for "This is why we test". You had us pay $150.00 to "Test" this for you. You failed us! I seriously hope anyone looking into Trion's future developments such as Rift 3 that your slinging for $149.99, checks out these forums before throwing any money at you. I for one will not touch another Trion product after this.

Trion has lost a lot of credibility and trust. I for one will never pre-pay them even $1.00 in the future.

Silvan

- Scott

Yeah I believe you about as far as I could throw you which isn't far. Been waiting for the veritable dedicated army of CS people to respond to me for going on a week instead I get some automated message crap. Says a lot. Added that the wait times are ******ed and you had more than enough time to provide adequate room for patrons especially on the headstart which need I remind you was a virtual hell. Now you seem to think adding a "few" servers would help with all the F2P players coming on board too? This is way your company will always be third rate at best even among the F2P market.

Baccas
09-18-2014, 06:29 PM

*laughs* But REALLY. Their best is not good enough apparently. I did NOT pay extra to get in early. It is a F2P game. However I WAS excited to get in and take a look around. I was in queue for 3 hours yesterday and have been in queue for SIX hours today. After six hours I am number 1821 in queue.

Why are they not doing good enough? Because I was willing to give it a try. I was even willing to spend my hard earned money. But after nearly ten hours of "Waiting to connect"? The only thing I'm looking forward to is the reboot after the uninstall.

They charged people for access. They made the "Official" release. The game MIGHT be playable but a lot of us will never know because our gaming time is limited and if I have an hour a day to play I can't even log into this thing.

Defend all you want but they are running a business and providing a service they expect to make money on. Making customers wait half the day to log on is not how you run a business.

That is all the feedback I will give. If the game is still around in six months maybe I will try again and hope the queues are shorter.

Thanks!

Yoyo
09-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I here that you are add more server how does this change for me when I'm in a already populated server queue time would be the same I'm assuming. Do you plan on moving my head start progress, if requested over to the new server?

DragonAlex
09-18-2014, 06:30 PM

- Scott

What is with the Founders like me who lost their patron status and so many LP and daily tokens. Its now 1k LP already i lost.
You sayd nothing about it and nothing about a compensation.

Look a these:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?51932-For-all-of-us-Europeans-that-lost-their-Patron-randomly!
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?51287-Why-were-all-patron-status-deleted-from-the-founder-s

Derka
Bought the $50 Silver Founder's Pack on the strength of the beta. I've been able to play once: 8am EST this past Sunday. Now 3,178 deep in a queue.

Something's massive alright...its not the launch of this game. You intentionally gimped the number of servers available to players so all the blogging sites would talk about the massive queues players were faced with because OMG SO MANY PEOPLE WANNA PLAY!!!

This is the worst $50 I've spent in a long time. Was sold one thing and am now being delivered something entirely different.

galleyan
Honestly, as much as I hate the idea of starting over... I'm starting to get on the bandwagon that says

A) Refund the points we've spent in the marketplace
B) Open up several new servers
C) Maybe give patrons a free character slot to use?

I'll pick my butt up and start over on a new server if you give me a reason to. I'm not going to throw away the massive amount of credits I spent on my server; but give me a reason to alleviate the stress on an existing server.

Is this ideal for you as a company? No. But it sure would go a *LONG* way to turn me from a disgruntled customer into at least a lukewarm customer that you can work to impress in the future.

And I'm in full support of a couple of patron only servers, even though I doubt that would ever happen.

kevin
09-18-2014, 06:31 PM
I am not much for complaining on forums but this is getting crazy..... I think its funny that the game kicks you after a short period of time being afk but has no problem letting u sit in q for hours to get back in to the game..... what a joke these servers need to be doubled in size at least!!!!

Ametenshi
09-18-2014, 06:34 PM

If you've never seen a launch with this 'many' problems, you haven't been playing games long. The problems are annoying, but small. The game hasn't been down for MULTIPLE DAYS AT A TIME. Not hours, not minutes. Days. That's the norm.

Darkon
I appreciate the update, but I also have to argue with it. There were log in queues in beta, so to say you didn't expect it for launch is just assuming your players are idiots who don't pay attention.

And while I have not done some dumb thing to stay online while afk, YOU MADE labor points accumulate while people are online, not offline, so, dur, people are trying to stay online because you have made it virtually impossible to even experiment with crafting if someone doesn't find a way to stay online.

And I'm sure 6+ hour queues tempt those who can find a way to avoid logging off, even if it does make the problem worse for everyone else.

In other words, YOU have manufactured the problems driving people away. YOU had months to fix those problems and chose not to do so.

Also, might I add, when I was finally able to log on, at 4am, the gold spammers so flooding chat so fast I could not communicate with anyone and couldn't even ask to join a guild and see if I got a response. Any MMO that comes out in this day and age that hasn't even prepared itself for gold spammers deserves whatever bad crap comes its way. Really? You had NOTHING in place to stop it. Nothing. I got my refund from TSO AND Wildstar because that crap makes me angry, you'd be giving me one too but I got smarter and never gave you a dime to begin with.

You have to EARN my money, and right now, you're headed the wrong way to be doing that.

Serial MMOist
Founders are stuck on their servers with everyone else that has made characters and wasted chests/credits etc on them. Give them a free transfer too you cheap SOB's.

No offense to the Free to Play people...you need to satisfy the demands of the people that backed this BS from the start. Not a single player that paid to be a founder should have to wait in a Queue period.

MasterCthulhu
also chk your ♥♥♥in FB page its literally thousands of ppl and EVERY ONE is saying hours and hours of que and boot outs, and all you can do is say were working on it while at the same time telling us your trying to not put to many servers..........4000+ ppl in every que all day and your telling us ur going on the side of caution ppl are leaveing and giving up with the game cause you suck at launching a game Did you eve stress test, have a open free beta acess b4 launch to idk maybe see what kinda volume you may get??? cause your beta cost $$$ so ofcoarse thats gonna be low #s any ****** can tell you that. and what worse is the ppl who are getting in are ♥♥♥♥in gold sellers and AFK'er who YOU GIVE 45min of AFK time out 45 ♥♥♥in min are you ******ed? and ban gold sellers in game that ♥♥♥♥s anoying and stupid if ppl wanna buy gold thell go looking Dont let these ♥♥♥ hats spam up everything

Aneu
09-18-2014, 06:36 PM
There is literally no other MMO out there right now that has launched where the CEO takes a direct hand in handling the ground issues. Scott has and for that TRION have a huge amount of my respect.

Launch is a difficult time for every MMO and ArcheAge really is far more involved than most MMOs and they are doing a great job so far.

That Dude
Archeage is like a person with gangrene spreading up their leg explaining how they'll be wrapping the wound soon. The damage is done, CUT THE LEG OFF and save Archeage. Wipe the damn servers, add all the new servers. START OVER. Relaunch.

The longer you wait and piss the situation away the more people will be against a wipe and the worse things will be no matter how many servers you add.

Windies
Scott , Let us have a option to Report these afkers to get them kicked

Is from Ollo

and in 1 hour yesterday when i got in i seen around 120 afkers running in circles or swimming around in circles or on the mount ridding around in particular paterns , left and right

Give us a option to Dob these Arseholes In

Is in the queue today and 4 hours later still over 460 people to Go to get in

Velenje
My waiting time: >20 Hr total
My playing time: 0 Hr 0 min total

Trion, seriously?

Teus
09-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Please give the players the ability to report AFK to help the GMs. Just like the report suspicious ability. Just make it to notify the GMs and not automated so players wont abuse it

FryaDuck
09-18-2014, 06:39 PM

This could help.

I'm maxed on labour so how does this not piss me off? I've not found any land to farm so how do I expend even the 5k I've got? Let me play after a 4 hour queue for 1 hour....watch me demand (and get) a refund.

Scott please be CEO and Notifier of the Lynch Mob who were after Trion's Blood.

Anger subsiding all calm now we actually know what's going on *nods sage like*.

Too slow, too late and too little. I've seen better mea culpas before from CEOs of MMOs. This guy took way too long. If I were a share holder I would be demanding his resignation.

The best CEO was from Flying Labs who interacted, and played, with the testers from the get go. He would respond directly on the forums to questions. Some of his senior staff even joined my Society (Pirate) to see how the game was for players after release.

Queues have only been getting longer yesterday 4 hours, today 5+hours.....and still waiting......

Derka
09-18-2014, 06:40 PM
My waiting time >20 Hr total
My playing time 0 Hr 0 min total

Trion, seriously?

And some folks around here still say "They're doing the best they can!" If this is their best, considering they've already shipped a AAA MMO game...color me unimpressed.

Harry4Eva
09-18-2014, 06:41 PM
I still think if you are found guilty of afking on your mount to avoid being kicked the mount should just be deleted and your gold wiped so you don't do it again.

ravinchef
What is being done about us people who paid for Archeum founders pack and are missing items + people who buy the Archeum starter pack get a better value?

feobroken
As well as adding new servers you need to up capacity across the board by around 50-60% to help ease those frankly stupid que times.

The game and the company are pretty close to falling over the edge into infamy and whilst your doing all you can the fact the game was free to play should have made you realise exactly how many were likely to want to try it out even if they dont stick around, so you probably should have taken a leaf out of carbines book when they launched Wildstar and used ultra high capacity servers instead of the standard ones in order to prevent issues like you currently face.

I would like to thank you for personally stepping in with this update though as its rare that the bossman of an mmorpg company gets involved in these kinds of things.

Logain
09-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Dear Trion and CEO Hartman,
I'm sorry you are being misinformed by your people but, you never tested 1 beta successfully and in fact crashed multiple times with severe server issues during the last 2 at least. Capacity levels were maxed out at that point in time and it was surprising to ALL alpha members that you rushed the release as fast as you did with all the known start up issues. You've collected $150.00 subs for people loving this game so much that they wanted to help YOU in getting the bugs worked out. You obviously did not care at all about your Patrons and the input we had to offer. You claimed that we would have 10 labor every 5 minutes and a head start. We currently are getting f2p labor which is 5 labor every 5 minutes and 0 labor when logged off. You are creating a cash siphon to relieve all of your Patron's in game cash on labor potions... Everyone knows that this has been a MAJOR issue since HEAD START! Here we are, 1 week in, Patrons still without labor, no compensation, massive queue issues that you knew about in BETA, f2p members now getting a free month subscription, new packs that give you exactly what Patron's have at a quarter the price, and an overall population that is not only disgruntled but apparently looking into Class Action Lawsuits against your corrupt company for lying, cheating, and stealing from it's loyal clientele. All I can say at this point is if the labor issue isn't resolved, which is a MAJOR issue that needed to be fixed DAY 1, then be prepared to get into court and spend all the money you've made and then some. You've publicly LIED and made millions in that lie so get ready to either get your ♥♥♥♥♥ in gear or go sparring in the court rooms.

kiwipearls
09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
It will be so nice to see the spam horse peeps getting the boot. I was playing last night, seen hundreds of people doing this, hundreds and hundreds. heck I even thought hell while in rome! but gave up after 20min of afk thunder. due to clan mates saying they cant get into the game.

they do need to work on the labor point system tho, as this does promote afk mayhem for sure.

great work so far! loving the game :D

I'm like you, if I know I have guild members in the queue, I log out for them to get in - but they are now actively making sure they address the afk issues to prevent this now.

Bee
09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Only way to make this right is refund all credits bought, close servers, reopen in a week or two when you get enough CS and Servers to support all of us.

If you only add servers you have ruined the game for many and will lose them for good.

Carlton
09-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Awesome update.

corb
This is great an all but...when the PATRON queue is over 1555 people you've been TOO LATE WITH MAKING NEW SERVERS!!!! All those people are already invested with a character on the CURRENT server and even if new ones open the stubborn ones will still stick around. Are you going to reimburse the founder pack purchasers for their patron time from being stuck in queue or not able to get on at all? What about those who bought a the founders pack but haven't received their Patron status still??? I'm kinda sick of having my play time wasted by sitting in a NEVER ENDING QUEUE!!!! (not to mention the patron status being wasted)

Softman25
Also, for all you knobs just flaming all day about the queues, I find it interesting that the queues aren't decreasing...Clearly you don't have THAT much of a problem with it, because you're probably all still playing.

So settle down.

Lokvard
09-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Was there an ETA for new servers that i missed?

Stonelotus
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM
4)Communication is critical during launches - We do get that. I've personally tweeted more during this launch than I think I have since Twitter existed.

4:50 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - Damn nice of you to call it out. RT @VoTF Has been a fine launch, a few kinks here and there but such is launch and to be expected.

9:33 PM - 13 Sep 2014 - #ArcheAge EU players: Re: Your founders items. We found a thing, we fixed a thing, we’re testing the fix for the thing. Stay tuned.

1:51 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - RT @ArcheAge We've added 2 new #ArcheAge servers for Head Start: Inoch(NA) and Aier(EU) are now available! http://triongam.es/1qX03d1

4:50 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - Expect a note on the real channels soon - Making some pre-launch network tweaks this afternoon. Should be normal, just mentioning in case.

Yeah, you've been tweeting your little heart out haven't you? 4 whole tweets (1 being a retweet) and nothing post headstart.

Comedy platinum.

corb
09-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Also, for all you knobs just flaming all day about the queues, I find it interesting that the queues aren't decreasing...Clearly you don't have THAT much of a problem with it, because you're probably all still playing.

So settle down.

Yeah, I get 1 hour in the morning at 5am when you are all sleeping and then I have to go work a job. Then I get home and play queue simulator 2014. Yeah, I'm just rolling in the god d*** play time pall.

ukguy
09-18-2014, 06:49 PM
This is why Cloud was invented, you should have contacted one of the many Cloud infrastructure providers, that way you can scale up or down as needed and have flexible billing rate.

I work for one, we have plenty of available capacity :)

Slimdemon
09-18-2014, 06:50 PM

what is being do about this, the que is killing patron status for those of us who have it.

Hadex
09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcqpl96K_S0

Tamberlink
09-18-2014, 06:53 PM
This. What a "Condescending" ♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Trion, you fail.
The End.

4:50 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - Damn nice of you to call it out. RT @VoTF Has been a fine launch, a few kinks here and there but such is launch and to be expected.

9:33 PM - 13 Sep 2014 - #ArcheAge EU players: Re: Your founders items. We found a thing, we fixed a thing, we’re testing the fix for the thing. Stay tuned.

1:51 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - RT @ArcheAge We've added 2 new #ArcheAge servers for Head Start: Inoch(NA) and Aier(EU) are now available! http://triongam.es/1qX03d1

4:50 PM - 15 Sep 2014 - Expect a note on the real channels soon - Making some pre-launch network tweaks this afternoon. Should be normal, just mentioning in case.

Yeah, you've been tweeting your little heart out haven't you? 4 whole tweets (1 being a retweet) and nothing post headstart.

Comedy platinum.

Maximilious
09-18-2014, 06:55 PM
What about labor regen? The main problem here is labor regen. If you want people to logout then give us PATRONs / founders the offline regen we deserve.

ridic
09-18-2014, 06:55 PM
so in your accurate calculations you forgot to add f2p right? RIGHT? amirite? f2p on a sandbox game that was posted on steam as well was in your calculations?

Xertus
09-18-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm all for making room for players that want to run around, in exchange for those that left for Pizza and friends in R/L. However, due to the nature of the game, the farming/crafting system requires a massive amount of "waiting". If the play style of some of your users is to watch their crops grow (paint dry) they shouldn't be penalized for this, and should be able to enjoy that aspect of the game all the same without having to go kill monsters etc just to stay logged in. My wife for instance likes to watch her crops closely, moving from farm pocket to farm pocket highlighting her crops/livestock to check for their needs. So please do keep this in mind when adjusting your AFK methods. I have personally been a fan of requires 60min AFK bumps, and option (user specified) AFK bumps prior to 60 minutes. Its worked in several MMOs that I have played. It may also work to your advantage as a selling point for Patron status, that you allow less aggressive AFK specifications.

Ecco
09-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Eu f**** again!! GG great work

crooner
09-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the info, good to hear more servers have arrived.

I haven't been excited to log into an MMO like this since the early days of WoW. This game has something special to it, I think you have a long term gem on your hands. Just don't let p2w ruin it!

KrayPanda
09-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Let me give you some free advice, when you make a game that rewards you for being online and punishes you for not being online.

Do not blame your customer for staying online.

You are no where close to enough servers now, how could have you ever thought you had enough when the amount of prepays?

This is just one of the many posts I have read about the server queues and saying they knew full well the amount of people who would play the game.

That is wrong. Trion, like many other companies, based the amount of players who would play at launch using internal testing. a couple ways were seeing how many players logged in, how long they played, and how many beta's they played in. There were many people that Trion did not expect to be playing launch because some people logged in a few times during Alpha, didn't play beta's, and now are waiting the full queue times and playing for hours on end. Those people on top of the F2P players that did not have any access at all are the reasons why we are short on servers.

If you played alpha and beta's, than you did your part in showing people are interested in playing and there was not much else you could do. If you didn't then shame on you for not helping with accurate data (sarcasm here).

Trion did not expect so many people who showed zero interest before hand to suddenly start flooding the servers for countless hours of the day, and that is their own fault. Everyone is paying for that mistake including the whales, the F2Players, the patrons, and Trion. I jut wish people who were interested in playing would show that so they aren't surprised when you decide to dedicate 8+ hours in queues to just play.

I may have repeated myself a few times within this post but many people are saying the same thing this guy said so maybe it's worth repeating.

I highly encourage you guys to continue to express your frustrations and to point out what you don't like. But for crying out loud, just saying "Trion sucks" or "Screw you Scapes" isn't helping anyone because it has no content. The guy I quoted is at least expressing what exactly is making him mad.

To make a long post short. Be constructive, not destructive! If you want it to succeed, help them!

Urthorn
...and the smoke is starting to leave my ♥♥♥. But why do you feel the need to blow it up there anyway? Come on brown-nosers, let's hear you white knights now!

Rabbit Zero
What is being done about us people who paid for Archeum founders pack and are missing items + people who buy the Archeum starter pack get a better value?

This and being lumped into the queue with non-patrons is my big issue. The queue itself is just boggling, did they not learn or expect it? Yeah, it's f2p, but even the fact that i had a hard time with queues in headstart showed me that live was going to be a cluster. Not to mention people afking at character select, and streamers telling people to do that as they won't be kicked unless there is a maintenance. The game has hackshield, but no decent afk tech, that's just sad with queues as long as they are.

Sataanicknight
09-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Trion, imo you need to rethink your strategy with the 10 minute grace time + kicking afkers on mounts etc etc. Kicking someone on a mount isn't really going to clear up a lot of space for people in queues, some people have alarms that go off when they get kicked from the game, they wake up or come back log back in due to the 10 minute grace time, is this really going to clear server population for queues? I don't think so.

Bohbear
09-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Only able to play for about 2 hours during head start, haven't been able to play since - all the while I'm sitting in queues with non-patrons wasting away my patron time that I paid for - I still want to play the game so I'm not asking for a refund but there should be reimbursement for all the ♥♥♥♥ that the founders pack people and patrons have had to put up with.

Eilios
09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
FINALLY 5 hrs 11 mins later as patron!!!

Barb
09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
A lot of people are spending a lot of time riding around on carriages. It would not be fair to kick them, because it does take a lot of time to travel across the world. However, I wonder if it would be possible to kick people off the carriage when they turn around; or maybe you could send us all a pack of hereafter stones to cut down on travel time; or maybe put in some mirage isle portal where people could choose their destination (limited to places they've visited on their own continent). I really enjoy the carriage ride the first couple of times, but after that I'd rather just pop magically to where I want to be.

Drakyl
09-18-2014, 07:13 PM
I see a lot of folks bashing Trion for, stating they did not have enough servers for head start and so should have known they would need more and bashing the "bean counters" for being too conservative.

Now I am not saying that Trion might not have played it a little conservative, however early access was available to all those that purchased the founder packs. Now said founder packs were being sold up to and during early release meaning a number of people could have purchased the day before, the day of, or even during the early release time. In other words part of the problem might not have been possible to predict.

Like many others I am very disappointed to have not been able to play the game, however, in my past experience with Rift, Trion has always been good about addressing any issues that might occur once the problem has been fixed. And let's be honest, I'm sure most people would rather see them focus on fixing the problem first than have them planning how they will compensate customer's. After all how can they determine what would be appropriate compensation before the full extent of the problem has been identified and fixed...

In any case, thanks for the update Scott and although I realize this may be wishful thinking on my part I am hopeful that the new servers will be up and running for the weekend, thought I realize this may not be the case.

Aeroxal
09-18-2014, 07:15 PM
A lot of people are spending a lot of time riding around on carriages. It would not be fair to kick them, because it does take a lot of time to travel across the world. However, I wonder if it would be possible to kick people off the carriage when they turn around; or maybe you could send us all a pack of hereafter stones to cut down on travel time; or maybe put in some mirage isle portal where people could choose their destination (limited to places they've visited on their own continent). I really enjoy the carriage ride the first couple of times, but after that I'd rather just pop magically to where I want to be.

Just so you know, the carriages and airships are meant for commerce, they are faster then walking trade packs and even the donkey. the default mounts run as fast as the carriages if not faster and you don't have to ride every bend and curve of the road.

TroZzY
09-18-2014, 07:17 PM
So when is the Australia server coming?
Pretty sure it would reduce the load quite a bit on the US servers, if us Aussies had our own server :)

Sarzan
09-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Well its good you are finally addressing the issue. Implementing systems that are common to most MMOs in terms of AFKers, Queue etc. (iirc RIFT had some if not all of these in place on launch) finally have let you see how bad the issue is. I hope you also follow suit and extent the Patron time of those affected as is good practice shown by other MMOs.

orobouros
09-18-2014, 07:19 PM
24 hours later. Still 50,000+ people in North America alone who can't play, right now, and I'm one of them. I wonder how many of those 50k haven't been able to try even one minute of gameplay, like me. Youv'e got a couple more days before I lose patience entirely and write this off as a soon-to-be-shut-down-failure. It seems clear to me that your reticence regarding Rifts population problem, the details of the labor system, and unpreparedness for AFK exploiting are a perfect storm and I fear you may not be able to fix all of that before the majority of the gaming community has such a negative experience they don't want to play, much less pay you, out of sheer spite. I'm certainly getting there.

maltray
09-18-2014, 07:20 PM

Comedy platinum.

Absolutely hilarious lol.

Rmyr
09-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Still waiting for my Patron to be returned, along with all the labour i should have got.

Seems EU will always get shafted.

Waikikamukau
09-18-2014, 07:23 PM
This is just one of the many posts I have read about the server queues and saying they knew full well the amount of people who would play the game.

That is wrong. Trion, like many other companies, based the amount of players who would play at launch using internal testing. a couple ways were seeing how many players logged in, how long they played, and how many beta's they played in. There were many people that Trion did not expect to be playing launch because some people logged in a few times during Alpha, didn't play beta's, and now are waiting the full queue times and playing for hours on end. Those people on top of the F2P players that did not have any access at all are the reasons why we are short on servers.

If you played alpha and beta's, than you did your part in showing people are interested in playing and there was not much else you could do. If you didn't then shame on you for not helping with accurate data (sarcasm here).

Trion did not expect so many people who showed zero interest before hand to suddenly start flooding the servers for countless hours of the day, and that is their own fault. Everyone is paying for that mistake including the whales, the F2Players, the patrons, and Trion. I jut wish people who were interested in playing would show that so they aren't surprised when you decide to dedicate 8+ hours in queues to just play.

I may have repeated myself a few times within this post but many people are saying the same thing this guy said so maybe it's worth repeating.

I highly encourage you guys to continue to express your frustrations and to point out what you don't like. But for crying out loud, just saying "Trion sucks" or "Screw you Scapes" isn't helping anyone because it has no content. The guy I quoted is at least expressing what exactly is making him mad.

To make a long post short. Be constructive, not destructive! If you want it to succeed, help them!

Trion had quantifiable, verifiable numbers. If you sell 10000 founders packs, you should plan for 10000 people to log on during HEAD START THAT ONLY FOUNDERS COULD LOG INTO. If you plan for the MAXIMUM NUMBER then you should have NO PROBLEMS. You don't hold back and say your 'overflow' servers had to be brought online to help meet demand. Why did their overflow servers have to be brought online during headstart? Because they didn't plan for the maximum number that could log on during that time even though they had a solid numbers showing this.

If you sell 10000 founders packs and expect 5000 people to log on during headstart because your metrics say that people didn't log on consistently during Alpha and Beta you really don't have a clue. If headstart had gone off without a hitch, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, the facts speak for themselves. They weren't prepared for headstart even with black and white numbers to go off of which caused them to fall even further into the hole when general release hit.

Now they're trying to play catchup due to poor decisions and lack of preparedness.

Shadow Thorn
09-18-2014, 07:24 PM
I am worried with queues reaching 4 hr or longer, The paying people will not want to play for more that this month and this game will disappear into obscurity.I am a Patron i have been in a queue since 5:30 when i hot home from my work making games such as this , its 9:19.
At our studio if these same practices were happening our server and web support team would be replaced, and have been on other titles i can not say. I am not understanding how this can pass for acceptable at your company.

Superbenji
09-18-2014, 07:29 PM
All I read is "money money money, got so much money, cash shop, cash shop"

TwilightAngel
09-18-2014, 07:30 PM

Trion only a publisher..... Also every MMO in that what 11 yrs had launch ques out the butt and issues

TwilightAngel
09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
All I read is "money money money, got so much money, cash shop, cash shop"
Must not read the same thing

Gromit
09-18-2014, 07:36 PM
People still use comic sans?

Damn.

Brevin
09-18-2014, 07:37 PM

If this is the "best they can" then they are in the wrong business.

They are proving they cannot deliver on their product. They were woefully unprepared. The customer base grows more angry by the minute. Forget whether your are patron or F2P, anyone waiting in a queue for more hours than they will actually be able to play the game that day is absurd.

Why would you trust anything they say at this point? What I dislike about the "letter" is there really is no admission of mistakes. Own up to them and work towards making them right. This is another one of those polished up positive spin letters which reeks of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Paying customers don't want to hear that. F2P customers don't want to hear that.

There was literally no presence on social media and the forums as things were spiraling out of control on launch day. No one stepped up to say "we are working on it" even.

The poo is out of the donkey people. Good luck getting it all back in.

Pines
09-18-2014, 07:37 PM
So, after waiting 8 hours in the queue I arrive at #1 only to find out they have closed for the day.

What the actual fack?

pulseONE
09-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Well I hit a new record guys! 3333 people ahead of me in queue.

Do I win Archeage now? That's how this game works right?

Pittcrew1
09-18-2014, 07:38 PM
I think a really big issue is that if people can't get in to try the game and see if they like it, many F2P people will leave and never come back, which could have been a paying customer. But current Patrons who don't feel they are getting what they pay for are getting mad and may leave as well.

Adding new servers may or may not be the solution long-term, that can't be foreseen by anyone, but I think if they want people to stay and hopefully keep pulling in new people, they do need new servers - enough to accommodate for at least all of the Patrons, and then most of the F2P'ers as well. It would be bad if land because a common and unused resource, but that might need to be a sacrifice they make now for the future. And really, what does it matter; land is limited, no matter who has it will not change how much can potentially be made from it resource-wise. If not all of it is used, that's fine, if all of it is, good, the servers are strong and economy should be good as well.

I see no real reason why not to add servers now, even if it means some free land in the future. That just means new people will actually pay to get the land, which they couldn't do now even if they wanted to.

I guess it mainly comes down to whether the in-game economy or what the game is making in real money/how many players the game has/can support is more important.

Ghoster
09-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Its very cool to see the CEO and other devs keeping us up to date, however the queue waits are just too ridiculous, I have never seen queues this bad for any MMO I have played, maybe that's just me not being there for a games release but when every server has over 3000 people in a queue all the time and it will take longer than an hour to log on, that's just unacceptable.

MalachHamavet
09-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Trion had quantifiable, verifiable numbers. If you sell 10000 founders packs, you should plan for 10000 people to log on during HEAD START THAT ONLY FOUNDERS COULD LOG INTO. If you plan for the MAXIMUM NUMBER then you should have NO PROBLEMS. You don't hold back and say your 'overflow' servers had to be brought online to help meet demand. Why did their overflow servers have to be brought online during headstart? Because they didn't plan for the maximum number that could log on during that time even though they had a solid numbers showing this.

If you sell 10000 founders packs and expect 5000 people to log on during headstart because your metrics say that people didn't log on consistently during Alpha and Beta you really don't have a clue. If headstart had gone off without a hitch, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, the facts speak for themselves. They weren't prepared for headstart even with black and white numbers to go off of which caused them to fall even further into the hole when general release hit.

Now they're trying to play catchup due to poor decisions and lack of preparedness.

I agree with this completely.

That said I understand there are folks out there looking to try to support and motivate the hard working folks putting on this game. If I could try to drive home anything, it's that Trion hasn't really given us anything but breadcrumbs. I am pleased they are continuing efforts to fix what they completely and utterly fumbled. That does not excuse the poor delivery for a service paid for by customers.

Paying customers want a response.

zerojase
09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Honest question, why is it necessary to send hardware through customs? I am an NA player so this won't directly affect me but I'm curious, is there no local UK vendors to get the needed server hardware?

Gromit
09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
You're not being patient enough, you need to be far more patient.

MalachHamavet
09-18-2014, 07:47 PM
You're not being patient enough, you need to be far more patient.

Sarcasm font?

Gromit
09-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Sarcasm font?

That's basically the response you'll get from Trion.

BigMac
09-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the update. While this launch may be about the norm for the industry, It's NOT normal for a Trion launch IMO. When you launched RIFT 3 years ago it was quite smooth. You have trained us to expect more. Trion had the best CS in the industry back then, and the devs we're quite communicative. I'm sure it's harder to be that good when the devs live far away, come from a different culture, and speak a diffrent language that most of your staff. Please DO make the needed investments to get CS and communication back up to the level we expect from Trion.

Thanks, Mac