PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RP Guild - Specific Requirements

bloodandsin
04-27-2014, 08:52 PM
As I walked into the inn I could sense from the burly warriors inside that they were not accustomed to strangers. Cold stares followed me as I walked to the bar, and despite being a slightly disfigured young man, I briefly felt like like a woman being stalked by predators who have gone without a woman for months in the pursuit of war and plunder. Having been used to the stares due to my slow walk, frail body, and more obvious, a few missing fingers, I composed myself and paid it no mind.

Someone on a lonely road told me I could get help from a bartender here, but now I wasn't so sure. Had I been tricked? An ambush in this old inn wouldn't come to a surprise to me, as the the floors showed stains that typically mark the location where blood flowed.

"Can I speak to Tallonar," I asked a waitress in my native tongue, forgetting that the poor lady in a tattered gown might not even understand me. "A friend told me he might be able to help me." I coughed, the phlegm rising through my throat, clearing my lungs which were ravaged by the spells of old enemies who are now long dead. A constant reminder of the torture I endured as a young boy.

"What's your business here cripple," said a weathered black man behind the counter. The large man with an accent I couldn't place pushed the waitress aside with a gruff shove. She staggered and retreated to the back of the inn, clearly showing that she does not question--ever.

"I was told Tallonar could help me find individuals like myself. Are you Tallonar?" I swallowed the saliva and phlegm in my mouth, noticing the metallic taste of blood as I did so.

"Yes, I am Tallonar. Not many people know my true name, and those that do usually do not live long. You say you are looking for like minded individuals. So explain cripple, or perhaps I'll end your misery myself.".

I began to tell him what I was looking for....

----
/ooc

Greetings! I just purchased the Founders Pack and now I'm in Alpha. I'm looking for a RP guild to join, and rather just roll the dice on and randomly pick a "RP guild" advertising, was hoping if I listed my specific requirements, people could point me in the right direction.

About me: Long time gamer and RPer. I'm originally an old EQ Classic player. Started Pre-Kunark and quit around Planes of Power. I was in an established RP guild, yet I still participated in the "end game" so to speak in that I was one of the first warriors to reach the level cap on the server (I two boxed a warrior and cleric). More recently, I've been playing Path of Exile, and have a lvl 90 Marauder on the Standard Server. Between those games, I've tried many MMOs, but none of them grabbed me like Everquest. I enjoyed the fact that they had a dedicated RP server and large RP community. I also loved how tough EQ Classic was. Not to get into a fanbois debate, but the "EZ Mode" style that WoW help launched is simply not enjoyable to me. The learning curve, depth and PvP elements drew me to Archeage. I've been waiting for this game for what seems like years!

I'm looking for a RP guild that has the following:

1) English speaking (I only know a little Spanish, i.e., "No hablo Espanol." That's about it lol).
2) Mature base. 18+ or 21+ only. Preferably with jobs. :) I'm not interested in a guild chat laced with profanity, flaming, etc. Mature and stable people please. :)
3) Mix of hardcore and relaxed RPers. /OOC communication is fine obviously, but I don't want to be in a supposed "RP guild" where nobody is roleplaying in guild chat or in groups ever. I consider myself fairly relaxed, but I am considering going "hardcore" RP for Archeage, but haven't yet decided (i.e., very limited non OOC)
4) Teamspeak or similar requirement. Want a guild with an active voice support component, whether that is mumble, teamspeak, etc.
5) Active message board and website. I really think a guild website and forum fosters community.
6) End game goals. I understand that due to the inherent nature of RP guilds, it can be difficult doing end game. I simply want a guild that has some end game focused players, with a mix of everything else.
7) Plans to "stick around." Looking for a guild leader who is "all in" for Archeage, and won't leave for the "next big thing". Also prefer experienced officers and guild leaders.

I tend to game between 10-15 hours a week (depending on how much my girlfriend objects he he), so I'm not a power leveler or player by any stretch of the imagination. I live in Seattle, and an attorney by trade (hope the attorney part doesn't disqualify me lol).

I stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer

So let me know if you are aware of any guilds that I would be interested in. Thanks in advance. My first in-game toon is "Farrakhan" so feel free to whisper me in game as well. Thanks in advance!

Submarine
04-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Have you thought of joining the Oran'Thul?

bloodandsin
04-27-2014, 09:01 PM

I will look into them. Thank you.

Archaous
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Here is the full census of Guilds that have posted recruitment threads on these forums

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?366-Wiki-Guilde-Recensement-Census

Hope you find what your looking for :)

The Wanderer
04-27-2014, 09:17 PM
One important piece of information I'm looking for but couldn't find; What faction? Western faction RP guilds won't be able to add you if you're an Eastern race, and likewise vice-versa. The East is currently a lot smaller than the West as far as population goes, but we are building from the ground up. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for something promising on the Eastern factions' grounds. I've been playing ArcheAge for a year on the Korean servers and RPing in MMOs since 2003. Katsu on the Eastern side is looking to form something large that can contend in PvP, PvE, and farming/crafting/etc. while still maintaining a strong RP identity. We're still working on developing it (haven't even picked out a name yet) and would happily welcome other creative minds to help the development process.

We'll likely be organizing on ArcheAgeRoleplay.com once people are able to pull themselves away from Alpha for a moment to do so, so keep an eye out there. In-game, you can whisper Katsu or Wanderer, and we'll usually have a social raid going on to get to know each other and gauge RP styles and ideals. IC events will come soon.

bloodandsin
04-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Bumpity bump

Not sure what faction I will pick, but will to be flexible if the RP guild is a good fit.

Grey
04-28-2014, 09:37 PM

You realize he said RP guild right?

Auruby
05-02-2014, 10:56 AM
I think you might be ideal for the guild I'm going to found, check out our website:

http://sanctuary2014.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=388035

Jebbadiah
05-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Come join IRON, we are an RP PvP/PvE community that has a very unique structure. With many groups to choose from, while still interacting with the community as a whole.

If you want to be a gladiator....there is a realm for that. Order of Evernight would love to have you, the order also caters to EU players.
If you want to be a bard or assassin....you can always join the ranks of The Bards College!
If you just want to farm and trade...OMG there is a realm for that. Join the heart of IRON and help us make some money with Polaris Inc.
If you enjoy the caring embrace of Thiol then come on down and pray for the safety of our troops at The House of Thiol.
Are you a seafaring lad who loves the nice cold spray of mist on your skin....join High Captain Thadrius Scowlfang and The Shadow Fleet in some maritime expeditions and the plundering of enemy ships.
Are you any of the above and would like to elevate the Kingdom of Nahl back to its former glory! Help Master Agent Nas Volikov spread his influence across the land!
Are you a person who can never make up your mind? Well thats all good too, come join IRON and become a sword for hire with no loyalties.

More detailed information about the realms https://midnightreveries.com/showthread.php?3951-The-Ironsworn-Realms
Hope to see many more adventurers swear their allegiance and take the oath of the Ironsworn!

Riji
05-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Join the Novus Dominion! We are RP-PvX with our intentions to build our own Empire.

1) English is our primary language, we are NA
2) We are 18+, maturity is our thing
3) We have medium-hardcore RP with a good balance of those who dedicate all their time to RP, and those who do other things. In the end, the entire guild is centered on RP.
4) Currently have a mumble, with plans to either advance our mumble, get a TeamSpeak, or get a vent. Currently up to vote.
5) We have a fully made website: http://novusdominion.enjin.com/forum
6) End Game for us: Build a nation. A self sustaining country with its own commerce, military, civilian population, and ability to claim land in the north.
7) Fully 100% dedicated to ArcheAge, the community, the guild, and all our hopes and dreams to build a nation.