PDA

View Full Version : BSOD or sudden restart on server selection.

DisturbedDoll
09-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I opened the game, and made it to the server selection screen. I sat there, checking out the insanely high queues for a bit, and then the screen froze and I got a BSOD. I run other demanding games with no issues (FFXIV, Titanfal, etc...)

I let my computer restart, and opened the game again, thinking it might just be a fluke. I even tried turning my firewall off, and all that ♥♥♥♥ that people were telling me to do. It froze again, and just showed a black screen before restarting.

Not sure what is causing this, or if it plans to be fixed in the near future? Someone said it might be due to DX11, and turning that off might fix it. Then, what is the point of having a PC that can run DX11, or a game that is DX11, if they can't even play it that way.

Any ideas? Doesn't really matter since the game isn't playable yet anyways. Hopefully they make enough money to buy a few more servers. Hopefully this is just a bug that will be resolved with time and the normal fixes that come with the first week of a big mmo release.

EDIT:
My PC specs:
- AMD FX - 8120 Eight-Core Processor 3.10 GHz
- GeForce GTX 560 TI
- 8.00 GB DDR3
- Windows 7 64-bit

EUnji
09-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Hmm, seems that i have the same bug. Actualy it's very hard for me to log in because during the queue time i have, most of the time, BSOD. It never happened while i was in game... just during queue time

Airichan
09-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Seems to be quite a common problem atm. Could you upload your minidump or at least copy paste your BSOD stopcode? that way we'll have a bit more information to work with :3.

Anzo
09-22-2014, 09:46 AM
yup and another new member of our PC-Restarts-randomly-or-BSOD-Club...Welcome..
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?55780-Blue-Screen-and-Random-Computer-Restarts
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?56687-PC-crashes-after-playing-for-5min-1hour-and-forces-a-restart!

DisturbedDoll
09-29-2014, 02:40 PM
I can try to get a shot of the BSOD. Lately, it has just been force restarting my PC. It freezes for a bit, and then just restarts. It also happens randomly. I can't play at all on the North America servers. I crash before I even get past character selection. And sometimes while on server selection screen. On the EU servers, I can get into the game and play for awhile. My longest time is about 10-15 minutes... lol.

where are the dump files located usually? I can check for them, but not sure if they will be there since my computer restarts and doesn't even remember the position of my icons or history when it crashes. Had me kind of worried that it was going to start messing up my PC. That's why I stopped trying for a week.