PDA

View Full Version : EU Roleplay server Dahuta reconsider?

Korscei
09-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I didn't want to put this on the Roleplay servers thread as I thought it'd get lost in the flow of conversation.

Anyway Dahuta is supposed to be the unofficial roleplay server for the EU, so where is the roleplay? I've yet to meet another rolepayer at all. Am I missing something? is there been a specific place agreed to roleplay on Dahuta?

The other reason I think the R.P community should reconsider is the wait times, there's just too many people either scamming gold or pure pvp'ers.

What are the R.P communities thoughts on this?

Ravven
09-19-2014, 04:58 AM
I think everyone is busy levelling, scrambling for a farm, etc., and things will settle down. :) People are having a hard enough time actually getting in to play the game right now, and I think it makes everything a bit frantic. I'm looking forward to having breathing room to enjoy RP events and so on.

Telonos
09-19-2014, 07:37 AM
You have to keep in mind, only a tiny subset of the community tracks forum activity at all, and an even smaller portion would consider themselves "Dedicated RP'ers". The game has only been fully open for a couple days, give things time to settle down. If you want immediate RP to jump into, I'd suggest finding an established RP guild that has already hit the ground running.

GehcoOnline
09-19-2014, 08:55 AM
The RP'ers are most likely leveling, getting their general stuff or stuck in queue all the time. I am at my 4th hour in queue now. (was at 1600, now 250)

As well, you can find RP scattered about. Still a lot of land to explore. Some hold to town/city RP and others, nomad.

Mareus Durante
09-19-2014, 02:50 PM
I didn't want to put this on the Roleplay servers thread as I thought it'd get lost in the flow of conversation.

Anyway Dahuta is supposed to be the unofficial roleplay server for the EU, so where is the roleplay? I've yet to meet another rolepayer at all. Am I missing something? is there been a specific place agreed to roleplay on Dahuta?

The other reason I think the R.P community should reconsider is the wait times, there's just too many people either scamming gold or pure pvp'ers.

What are the R.P communities thoughts on this?
It seems to me like the majority of people are unfortunately shy to roleplay live. Just as you, I have been keeping my eyes open for any roleplaying, but I am afraid that the majority of roleplayers are coming from Rift community which prefers to keep their roleplaying secluded and exclusive to guilds. I have had this argument with the Rift community before and these people just don't understand the argument that roleplaying live does not exclude them from having their own guild-based RP.

Btw, if you want to roleplay, I am curently L15 on Dahuta server and I am searching for a good place which we can turn into a social hub for roleplayers. If you have any suggestions I am all ears. I think it should be some of the L1-20 areas, so that more people can be attracted early on.

Maquiame
09-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Use this thread and list yourself if you are looking for roleplayers who are looking for random walkup rp.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?51340-Walkup-RP-List-for-all-servers

If you come in assuming that everyone is shy and doesn't want to roleplay well then you won't find anyone because that is what you -want- to happen.,
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?51340-Walkup-RP-List-for-all-servers

Kalgert
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
You know, I am looking around for a server to hook up on and start Roleplaying... After getting a few acceptable levels ofcourse.

Currently on Aier, but I hear Dahuta is the RP hub for EU? If not, then do please point me otherwise.

Kisala
09-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Dahuta is the server for unofficial RP for EU. The West side of Dahuta just had an event (though the organizer was late, due to queues). RP doesn't happen instantly in a freshly launched game, it needs time for people to settle in and figure things out before they delve in. I have seen a couple of RP guilds advertising in Faction chat though. I also think people are waiting for the land grab to calm down so people can create their own little hubs in housing areas.

If you need more info check out the EU RP forums!

http://archeageroleplayeu.enjin.com/forum

Also the wait times are bad on ALL servers, not just Dahuta.

mattfire
09-20-2014, 02:18 AM
To the OP's original question about current roleplay please check this post on which I just explained the situation on page 2:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?55670-Roleplayers-you-really-need-to-be-more-visible!/page2

Basically with queues and such most of us are trying to level, get roleplay sets and so forth. We're in housing rushes! We're building our guilds up and co-ordinating and Dahuta has just had it's first all access event for roleplay. These events will be more visible in future as we develop our forum presence.

The poster above me posted a link to archeageroleplayeu of which I am an admin. I would highly recommend you check this site out as all EU Dahuta based public events will be broadcast here.

Reconsidering servers is at this point utterly unrealistic however. A massive chunk of EU roleplayers have rolled Dahuta and a lot are patrons. This means they have land, farms etc and if they made new characters would not get any unique founders boosts as some are first character only. Server transfers are utterly unavailable and nobody is likely to give up their level 30+ characters to go somewhere new. A reconsider on Dahuta would also cause excessive confusion and division in the community and is not necessary in our eyes. We had a long discussion during the server voting for Dahuta as unofficial EU and all concerns were addressed. We still chose Dahuta so that is where the unofficial server for EU roleplay will remain. Every single server has long queues and every single server has pvp guilds and zergs thus we'd gain nothing by reconsidering but risk losing everything.

We hope to see you in game :D