PDA

View Full Version : Not launching game

Tusle
09-19-2014, 06:03 AM
I have to reinstall the game every time i want to launch it, which is annoying. I try to restart the computer, i have tried the hackshield steps, i have tried given glyph and archage all the right in windows security, i have even tried cursing the launcher.
The green archage logo appears but just hang there. No matter how long i wait, it wont launch the game. Unless i uninstall and spend 1 hour downloading the game and reinatall it, then it start right away... Until i log off.

Rift works fine though, guild wars 2 work fine, even that awful star wars mmorpg works fine, why wont arch age work? Im just glad i didnt buy it before i tried it, because this is not worth the hassle really.
Any other things i should do to make this work? :eek:

KingRider
09-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Problem Hackshield is check a forum.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?54338-HackShield

DahMoose
09-28-2014, 03:09 AM
What if I've already done this and it still won't launch? I already bought patron and reinstall it overnight so I can play next day but at times it will close the game and start with the same issue, I don't know what else to try.

wigs
10-04-2014, 11:01 PM
i have same trouble as tusle happens tho for me like once every 3 days i did same thing too but uninstall then re install wait all day then i can get in again

Isturiel
10-05-2014, 12:25 AM
I have the same issue every new day. The client never launches at once, all is visible is the green splash screen and the first 2 words are colored white.

Most of the times it helps to wait for 2-5 minutes until a process called 'GlyphCrashHandler' is visible in the task manager. After killing the archage process it is able to start up the next time.

Friends have the same issue, but not every time.

The client is not only quite unstable, I was suprised it is only 32 bit with its limits. WTF

Icypineapple
10-17-2014, 09:34 AM
This happens to me as well but I have figured out an easier solution. The current thing I do to stop this is to delete the folder named "Archeage" in your documents. This is where it is located at in my computer C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\ArcheAge.

This folder contains all of your personal settings for your account, so by doing this you will reset all of your graphics settings, UI settings, and your chat tabs. This is very annoying but it is the only solution I have found so far.

Note: Once you delete the folder a fresh one will install. If you are skeptical of trying this you can just cut the folder out and place it on your desktop and if this does not solve your problem just delete the newly created one and replace it with the one you put on your desktop. I think the issue is caused by a specific file within this folder but I have yet to find it.

**Another more stable solution that I have not confirmed yet is to add the archeage and glyph folders in your computer to your excluded files in your windows defender. To do this open up windows defender, go to tools (top right), options, excluded files and folders, then navigate to your glyph and archeage folders.

If this does not work try the first solution I mentioned then try putting the folder into the excluded file type in windows defender.

Sorry for not having a better solution or guaranteed solutions but I hope this helped.

Kerena
11-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Run Glyph as Administrator ALWAYS to avoid this most of the time... that's all I got boys, hope it helps.

NightSky
11-24-2014, 03:22 PM
sorry nothing works... trion fights very hard to get rid of this small group of players who still plays... braking already broken hackshield who never really stopped any hacking from going on...but now at least stops players from playing.... good way to go trion... :)

anyone wants my farms? since I cant pay for them because I cant login since over a week...they soon just disappear... for me its like TRION is screaming to us..."GOOO NOOBS PLAY WoD!!!!!! fast before its too late....!!!" ;)

Kerena
11-28-2014, 01:35 PM
sorry nothing works... trion fights very hard to get rid of this small group of players who still plays... braking already broken hackshield who never really stopped any hacking from going on...but now at least stops players from playing.... good way to go trion... :)

anyone wants my farms? since I cant pay for them because I cant login since over a week...they soon just disappear... for me its like TRION is screaming to us..."GOOO NOOBS PLAY WoD!!!!!! fast before its too late....!!!" ;)

So damn true

Kerena
11-28-2014, 01:37 PM
For some messed up reason it overloads all your disk and your whole computer goes slow for 10 minutes, im really getting sick off this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Glad I didn't waste money on patron yet...

MysticWolf4H
12-15-2014, 02:58 PM
I have almost the same problem except instead of the game launching It takes me to a website in Korean. I put it through google translate and it made no sense to me.