PDA

View Full Version : Who is Generic

Nomi
09-19-2014, 08:54 AM
I and a guild mate were transferring a plot of land this morning, we checked that no-one is in line-of-sight and yet someone named Generic grabbed the land. Does anyone know this Generic toon, he/she would not respond to whispers.

4jacks
09-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Don't know this Generic guy, but thanks for the heads up!

Everyone being careful performing land swap operations!
You CAN build your house from pretty far away.

Roas
09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
We would appreciate help in locating this person, especially if they are an exploiter/bot using sketchy means to grab land from long distance.

Anyone who took part in organized land grabs last week knows how much time and effort went into such an exorcise. To have a possible bot/exploiter drop a piece of land in the middle of what you worked hard to build is an eye sore.

And even if they are not a bot/exploiter, at least have the curtesy to talk to us so we can get the extortion over with and get the land back for our guild member.

attesta
09-19-2014, 10:13 AM
from what i understand, this land grab you are talking about is perfectly legal. and nothing will be returned. the game doesn't work that way. i'm sorry you lost your land like that, but trion won't lift a finger to support you. i had this happen in alpha and it was frustrating.

Nomi
09-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes it is possible to take land, that is not in question. There was however an exploit in Alpha post 1.2 that allowed Bots/Exploiters to claim land without being in the zone in question. I personally suspect this was used to take the land in question; as we had look outs to verify no-one was in the area to take the house.

To further the concern this Generic won't respond to whispers or in-game mail. So a ticket has been filed asking the GMs to review this. As Roas commented, we would purchase the plot back if we have to, simply to have a solid block of land.

Selaesori
09-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Swapping land is possibly the most stressful 20 seconds you can spend in game. I've been involved in about 4 or 5 with my guild and what happened to you is my worst nightmare. I hope you get things resolved.

4jacks
09-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Serious, the guy is probably sitting in the Q. You are going to have to be patient. I am not aware of the bot/exploit, but it's near impossible to say that no one was close enough to a housing zone to put a house. People are everywhere the server is crowded. I can't put down 4 cotton bushes in the corners of the world without them being found.

Roas
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
from what i understand, this land grab you are talking about is perfectly legal. and nothing will be returned. the game doesn't work that way. i'm sorry you lost your land like that, but trion won't lift a finger to support you. i had this happen in alpha and it was frustrating.

As Nomi said, we've laid out all the facts. If it was a legal grab, then we're willing to make a deal to get it back. But if it was an exploit we will explore getting it resolved that way. During Head Start there was a land exploiter dropping houses in the area where we are. Someone, not us, reported it, because within 30 mins all his houses were simultaniously burned to the ground. So we've already seen some land grabbing exploits going on in Live, therefore, we are willing to explore that this incident is also exploit related.

We're not whining or complaining. We just want to settle it as quickly and painlessly as possible. As I said, if it's legal then we're willing to negotiate. If not...then hopefully the GMs will take care of it and our guild member can have his land back.

Nomi
09-19-2014, 03:23 PM
I did receive a rather terse in-game reply from this player. While I still question the method used to claim the land from under four guild mates in the are; I have to retract that Generic appears to be a bot. Sadly he refuses any deals and offers for the plot in question.

Thank you for the replies and rather refreshing communication on this issue and good hunting to all!

Update: Watch for Hooty, Generic, and Magekiller - they are "finding" plots and selling them on Faction for high profits on Faction channel. If you are considering transferring land, be wary of these three.