PDA

View Full Version : New Servers Added: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scapes
09-19-2014, 04:10 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/AA_GDC_GlyphShip_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-ezi-na-and-lucius-na)

We've added two new worlds to our North American server list: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA)! These servers were racked (physically installed) and imaged (updated with ArcheAge server software) in our Texas data center all in the past day. Here you can see Ezi and Lucius in their new home with Senior Systems Engineer Jonathan Johnson. (https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/513072894033657856) These two servers will be on the new Auction House cluster 5 (AH5). These new servers are now online and available to play right now: Friday September 19 at 4:15 PM PDT (GMT-7).

We also have new European servers en route to our Amsterdam data center, currently passing through international customs at this very moment. They're making their way to being live as quickly as possible. For more on this, please check out our Launch FAQ (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions-(Updated-9-19-at-1-00-PM-PDT))! Additionally, the NA servers Kyrios, Ollo, Salphira, and Aranzeb have been temporarily closed to new character creation.

NOTE: If your character slots are full, you will not be able to make a new character on the new servers until you log into one of them and either delete an existing character or purchase an additional character slot.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-ezi-na-and-lucius-na)

Sarting
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
sweeeet, thanks!

Fogrum
I'm just glad Trion is showing restraint with adding new servers. Open world housing = server mergers not possible later. And I DON'T want a dead server when half the population decides they don't like the game and go running back to whatever game of choice.

jdodd
Hope this helps.

I'm just glad Trion is showing restraint with adding new servers. Open world housing = server mergers not possible later.

server merges would have to be done like this:

1) Pick two or three low pop servers.
2) Set up a new server.
3) Everyone on the 2-3 originating servers gets their houses & items mailed to them.
4) Merge originating server populations to destination server.
5) Land rush.
6) Healthy server population.

Done, thanks for coming out.

Mav
09-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Can't even get on them even with open character slots.

THANKS TRION................dotdotdot

Wicked Haiku
" the NA servers Kyrios, Ollo, and Salphira have been temporarily closed to new character creation."

I just saw my Queue drop by like 200 people. Holy ♥♥♥♥.

Rope1
So is there going to be free server transfers? I can wait for the reply since i have only 2 hours in que and looks like i'll have another 2 to go.

Evilrayray
09-19-2014, 04:14 PM
GREAT...so let us patrons on it first then !!!! We cannot use it unless we wait in the now 3500 que first..buy a scroll..use it..then go there...cannot log into the new one..just tried...so we get screwed the hardest...again !!!

I WANT ON THAT SERVER NOW !!

Hilarious...if you have trouble logging in try logging into an existing character first...BRILLIANT !!
If we could do that dont you think we would be playing instead of sitting in que for the past 3 days...the FTP people are gonna have the advantage this time and not even cost them 100 bucks !!!

Lock it now and let patrons have first shot !!!

Fogrum
Hope this helps.

server merges would have to be done like this:

1) Pick two or three low pop servers.
2) Set up a new server.
3) Everyone on the 2-3 originating servers gets their houses & items mailed to them.
4) Merge originating server populations to destination server.
5) Land rush.
6) Healthy server population.

Done, thanks for coming out.

That would be a possibility... but there would be a lot of really unhappy people when prime real estate they currently own gets taken from them and grabbed up by someone else.

Zapacheenie
For some reason the queue on Kyrios GOT EVEN HIGHER. COME ON.

It's almost like I'm going to have to deal with another damn beta wipe. I'm too content with my character for this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Aeronautic
Alright, I will have to wait the 5+ hours and log into an existing character to be able to see the new servers. This seems rather ridiculous but at least they are adding servers. And to all the people complaining about too many servers being added; they can always combine low population servers once everything calms down.

Isean
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I have 2 characters on Kyrios, but I bought the character slot scroll. I can create a 3rd character ON KYRIOS, but I cannot even select any other server now except for kyrios. How am I supposed to move servers if I cant even log on? I HAVE a third slot that i paid credits for, what do I need to do???

Rhend
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM
3400 people in queue on Ollo...............................

We don't need new servers at this point, we need the current servers to be upgraded to a higher CAPACITY.

coryu711
09-19-2014, 04:16 PM
hah i knew it. glad i have an extra char slot!

Mav
09-19-2014, 04:17 PM
For some reason the queue on Kyrios GOT EVEN HIGHER. COME ON.

SO true, been trying to get off the server but can't even connect to the new ones. Love'n it.

Aeronautic
Umm... I can see the new servers but cannot get in, why?

hobieone
a lot of good having new servers as no one is moving over to them. and there is no incentive to have people move to them IE. free server transfers??

Krypt0night
Is there a way to know what AH cluster all servers are on?

Mav
I have 2 characters on Kyrios, but I bought the character slot scroll. I can create a 3rd character ON KYRIOS, but I cannot even select any other server now except for kyrios. How am I supposed to move servers if I cant even log on? I HAVE a third slot that i paid credits for, what do I need to do???

I'm on the same boat, unfortunately think we're screwed.

Scapes
So is there going to be free server transfers?

No, we do not have the ability to execute server transfers right now.

Isean
09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Coryu711...I also have an extra char slot, but I still cant access any other server than Kyrios, all the others are grayed out. Dunno how that heck that even makes sense...I paid money to HAVE EXTRA CHARACTERS to make for this server

Rodr1c
What do the restriction symbols stand for? N, E, F, H for servers Ollo, Kyrios and Salphira?

sleepup
Since we can only have 2 character on different servers.
Can trion in the future moved one of my toon over to a new server as I am tired of looking at 1600 people in front of me and I have spend my marker cash on this characters(so I do not want to delete them all loose the money and levels.

Fogrum
GREAT...so let us patrons on it first then !!!! We cannot use it unless we wait in the now 3500 que first..buy a scroll..use it..then go there...cannot log into the new one..just tried...so we get screwed the hardest...again !!!

I WANT ON THAT SERVER NOW !!

Hilarious...if you have trouble logging in try logging into an existing character first...BRILLIANT !!
If we could do that dont you think we would be playing instead of sitting in que for the past 3 days...the FTP people are gonna have the advantage this time and not even cost them 100 bucks !!!

Lock it now and let patrons have first shot !!!

I want my patron status to simply activate... they've reported multiple "fixes" and still don't have it.

LordMega
The gods will disconnect me from the server until the queue is high.

Kleptokatt
09-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Has anyone managed to connect? Or did they mark gated servers as Up mistakenly?

jdodd
That would be a possibility... but there would be a lot of really unhappy people when prime real estate they currently own gets taken from them and grabbed up by someone else.

Not so many. Only so much prime real estate, after all. And it couldn't be worse than the anger directed towards Trion NOW, could it?!

Odreaus
The gods will disconnect me from the server until the queue is high.

You and I both. @Scapes....it's disconnecting us constantly!? :)

Rodr1c
Has anyone managed to connect? Or did they mark gated servers as Up mistakenly?

Every time I select one of the two new servers, I automatically get disconnected by the gods.

thebratking

So patrons who spent their time and money (literally) for the benefit of a head start can either stand in line for an hour or more just to play the game OR they can scrap ALL of their progress to start fresh. Niiiice.

Arkfox
09-19-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/AA_GDC_GlyphShip_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-ezi-na-and-lucius-na)

NOTE: If you have difficulty seeing or connecting to one of the new servers, try logging into an existing character first.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/new-servers-added-ezi-na-and-lucius-na)

Are you freaking mental ? Sure i'll just stay in the queue all day so that "I can log into existing character" that is level one so I can see these new shiny servers... FAIL TRION

swiftstrike
Its great your adding more servers....

What about fixing the patron status for all players that had it removed
2 days we been waiting.

Could lose our plots
Loss of labour
Loss of tokens.

Come on @scrapes. Update us.

Malorey
Any news on the patrons who lost their patron status? I guess that's not as important as new servers to catch new victims!

Aeronautic
09-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I wonder if the GMs are monitoring who is complaining the most and make them wait even longer =P

Harlix
So patrons who spent their time and money (literally) for the benefit of a head start can either stand in line for an hour or more just to play the game OR they can scrap ALL of their progress to start fresh. Niiiice.

I second this.. really pissed off... my head start character is on Kyrios with all of my gem items (which I paid for, stupidly). I either start fresh or wait for server transfers..

Aurore
Could you, if not possible, make it so we can see our characters without logging in an actual server and delete them so I don't need to wait in a 3k queue to delete my char and then go make one in one of the new servers, it could be really handy.

Myth1184
care nothing for new servers..increase the cap on the current ones!

Mav
@Scapes why are some of us greyed out on the CONNECT button even though we have free slots. This puts a dagger in us on getting into a server early yet again..

EoinJames
Such a joke, log out of the queue to play the game i paid $150 for on the new server, Cant login due to the character restrictions. Have to delete on of my champions.

Cool queue back up to the original server 3500 10 hour queue,

CryW0lf
09-19-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm just glad Trion is showing restraint with adding new servers. Open world housing = server mergers not possible later. And I DON'T want a dead server when half the population decides they don't like the game and go running back to whatever game of choice.
this is the fear of why people wait in queue and like it heavily populated. need to be able to transfer your character and not have to grind again specifically those like myself who have wasted the past week of there lives grinding

jdodd
Any news on the patrons who lost their patron status? I guess that's not as important as new servers to catch new victims!

And let these queues die down a bit. When these new servers fill up with new characters that is literally thousands of players not in your queues.

Valser24
God have disconnected me... I don't have a character yet :(

Krypt0night

You got it exactly right.

Grammer
You guys have rarely screwed up here, most already have 2 slots on their over populated server and now they can't even log into the new servers. I don't know who is the ring master at trion but he should probably lose his job.

Aeronautic
@Scapes why are some of us greyed out on the CONNECT button even though we have free slots. This puts a dagger in us on getting into a server early yet again..

If you have maxed out your characters you cannot even log into the other servers, therefor you must delete some before going to the new servers.

Jords98
09-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Quote: NOTE: If you have difficulty seeing or connecting to one of the new servers, try logging into an existing character first.

THis made me laugh out loud.... I mean it... I really did......

Lachrymator
09-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Can't even stay connected to the game right now 9 hours in queue finally get in game and can't play thanks Trion.

TickleMyPickle
at least they made it so you cant make new characters on those other few servers

Boulde
How am I supposed to log into an existing character, when the que for my server is over 2hours?

jdodd
Quote: NOTE: If you have difficulty seeing or connecting to one of the new servers, try logging into an existing character first.

THis made me laugh out loud.... I mean it... I really did......

And the weekend is about to start, this means 5000+ queues.

Mav
If you have maxed out your characters you cannot even log into the other servers, therefor you must delete some before going to the new servers.

Learn to read first, we have open slots but it's still grayed out.

Fogrum
Alright, I will have to wait the 5+ hours and log into an existing character to be able to see the new servers. This seems rather ridiculous but at least they are adding servers. And to all the people complaining about too many servers being added; they can always combine low population servers once everything calms down.

Server mergers are unrealistic unless servers are truly dead (like 100 people actively playing). Most MMOs that have done servers mergers in the past still had 200-300 active concurrent users on them, with 1500-2000 total population monthly access. A server merge with even low population servers in a game with open world housing would be disastrous with revoking a lot of land from people, and initiating a new land grab.

I don't currently own land as my patron status hasn't activated, but I am at least aware of how it would lead to many angry customers at a time when subscription retention is the most important.

Evilrayray
09-19-2014, 04:26 PM
This is worse than doing nothing at all !!! Those of use totally screwed by headstart with issues and had no chance to play much less land or anything else. THen have these ques all week only to be disconnected after waiting 5-6 hours to start over in the que now cannot take advantage of new server because the solution is " Log into an existing character first" then you can get to the clean fresh server that by then will be over run by those that land grab and FTP players without a character locked on another server...

I'n sorry but the solution is far worse a stick in the ♥♥♥ to us "patrons" who once again cannot get what we are paying for...

jdodd
09-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Server mergers are unrealistic unless servers are truly dead (like 100 people actively playing). Most MMOs that have done servers mergers in the past still had 200-300 active concurrent users on them, with 1500-2000 total population monthly access. A server merge with even low population servers in a game with open world housing would be disastrous with revoking a lot of land from people, and initiating a new land grab.

I don't currently own land as my patron status hasn't activated, but I am at least aware of how it would lead to many angry customers at a time when subscription retention is the most important.

Worse than the anger directed at them now? With people sitting there for 6 hours staring at a queue? Come on!

St1tch
you're kidding right? queue get's down to 1500... still over an hour wait, see 2 new servers are up, drop queue... gods have disconnected me... read the message that says try the server your toon is on... try again... back to 4.5k in queue... GG Trion, this ♥♥♥♥ is ridiculous

Ellscry
Tried to get on any server except the server I have characters on. Greyed out. I have 2 slots unused for sure, and I can not select a server other than the one I have characters on. Queue: 2K, not possible to log on to a toon, and log off.

Not so happy...

Chainers
Additionally, the NA servers Kyrios, Ollo, and Salphira have been temporarily closed to new character creation.

Great, so my friend who couldn't get on at launch and start a character with me now can't play with me unless I start over. Why did I head start?

Fun game, but man you guys need to get your ♥♥♥♥ together. A server transfer is a required feature for an MMO at this point. How did you overlook it?

Atilla
09-19-2014, 04:28 PM
@trion @scapes new servers are all good and I will say needed but should be limited to patrons with some type of character copy / transfer. Or simply cap the FTP players. Who have nothing invested. Heck I would even start over if I could just reset my market coins and get an early head as a patron on a new server. I have some very nice land plots as well I would be leaving behind but those would become available now for someone else.

Aeronautic

Hmm... I clearly forgot about the housing issues.

Poosammich
I give up.... down to 1650 in the queue to delete toons, and punted. Funny thing is I actually used credits for a char expansion slot as I intended to roll another with my kids. Still only 2 slots, and no love... I'll queue before I go to sleep tonight so I can delete them in the morning.

danger
How many players do the new servers currently hold.

nublet21
How am I supposed to log into an existing character, when the que for my server is over 2hours?
do what i did and make a new acct its faster easier and free ^_- unless you got patron status then your boned

ps any 1 else having issues connecting i keep getting gods have abandon me or some crap be for game stops running

Andrenz
09-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I got into the new server. Thanks TRION. It took a couple of tries but I expect that with a brand spanking new server. Keep up the great work TRION.

Scapes
09-19-2014, 04:32 PM
NOTE: If your character slots are full, you will not be able to make a new character on the new servers until you either delete an existing character or log into one of them to purchase an additional character slot.

Fogrum

OR it could be that players who do not have characters yet roll over on the new servers and reduce queue on existing servers by a bit?

Prfella
do what i did and make a new acct its faster easier and free ^_- unless you got patron status then your boned

ps any 1 else having issues connecting i keep getting gods have abandon me or some crap be for game stops running

Is it a new account with characters created on it?

Bigscoops
So I made both my characters on the same server day 2 of the headstart. I was away at work for the headstart and haven't played longer than to be able to make my two characters to reserve the names that I wanted. Is there going to be any way that I can get into the new servers without an available character slot?
EDIT: just read through the thread and seen that answered apologies

Fogrum
09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
I got into the new server. Thanks TRION. It took a couple of tries but I expect that with a brand spanking new server. Keep up the great work TRION.

^

Just for everyone's consideration... brand new server means wide open lands for house placing. Not so good for someone who already has significant amounts of progress on current servers... great for someone who hasn't been able to get past level 15.

Prfella
So I made both my characters on the same server day 2 of the headstart. I was away at work for the headstart and haven't played longer than to be able to make my two characters to reserve the names that I wanted. Is there going to be any way that I can get into the new servers without an available character slot?

without an available slot? nope. You need to have an available slot before you can make a new character on the new servers.

Scapes
What about fixing the patron status for all players that had it removed

We have an update about this coming after we finalize this server launch.

Jords98
09-19-2014, 04:34 PM
NOTE: If your character slots are full, you will not be able to make a new character on the new servers until you either delete an existing character or log into one of them to purchase an additional character slot.

Seeing as no one can GET to their current characters to delete them ( still 3200 waiting to get on Selphira), why doesn't Trion give folks a freebie character slot to create a toon on the new server?

Atilla
09-19-2014, 04:35 PM
You do realize that you just pissed in the faces of all the people who invested in this game way before it was released and you gave the FTP base all the benefits......

Dragokiller
Please lock Kyprosa (EU)!

shady
You do realize that you just pissed in the faces of all the people who invested in this game way before it was released and you gave the FTP base all the benefits......

They don't give a ♥♥♥♥

Percept
Wow Scapes are you kidding me? I wanted to create a new character to play with a friend and now I can't. Seriously about to say ♥♥♥♥ this game and this company.

Rhend
09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Here's how you fix this in one to two ways....

Way #1.
Increase the capacity of the first 6 servers by 3k population

Way #2.
Step 1; Add more servers
Step 2; Ban F2P people from the 6 original servers
Step 3; Offer incentives to P2P players for moving, such as character transfers, decreased costs for items from the market place for the first month such.

Only these 2 paths will work out well. Which one looks easiest and more reasonable?

The Dev team HAD to see this coming. The 6 original servers had queues almost 24 hrs a day, and then the dev team thought it would be a good idea to open the game up to F2P players with only those 6 servers still!??? They either seen this situation coming and decided to blatantly push in everyone's backside, or, they were/are too daft to see what is right in front of them, which means they shouldn't be the ones running this game as they will ultimately run it into the ground.

shady
Wow Scapes are you kidding me? I wanted to create a new character to play with a friend and now I can't. Seriously about to say ♥♥♥♥ this game and this company.

Me and my clan are on the same boat my friend. This is a headache we just don't need/want to deal with.

Fogrum

I bought the new "silver" starter pack (not founder) as well as 3 month recurring, didn't see anything about this particular pack not getting awarded patron on the appropriate thread, but I haven't had patron for days. Hope this update fixes that.

Evilrayray

EXACTLY !!! SO we get boned HARD again !!! After being disconnect 4 times in que today since 10 am...yes 10 am...I have to wait in que of now 3500 to get to my character to BUY a scroll or delete one and wait 24 hours..THEN go to new server with actual land and the benefits I paid for but have yet to be able to take advantage of....as I said before...for those who spent and will spend actual money ...the solution is a bigger stick in the ♥♥♥ than the problem ...

LOCK the new server to patrons that got screwed first...then let the FTP in tomorrow...problem solved and the forums will calm down !!!

Sirrah Greed
Someone needs to lose their jobs over this. I've been in Queue for an hour and a half. Went from 3000+ to 2300. So I got 2 more hours, for Patron/Founder queue. I don't know what excuses you guys tell yourselves to justify such horrible hardware service to us, but you really need to be fired.

On a side note, grats to "Hey You Guys" for getting that Enza Cutter built a few days ago. Was awesome. (Ollo/Nuian)

Add another 10 servers, I spend half of my paid "Patron" status in queue waiting on you guys to get out of your cubicle and hire an IT firm.

Valgomir
09-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Great. Now all I have to do is wait until my Queue finishes sometime tomorrow on the Salphira server. Then I get to wait another 24 hours for my character there to delete. By that time I'm sure both new servers will also be burgeoning with a 4k -5k long queue of there own. Maybe next weekend right?

I don't suppose there is anyway to get a little divine intervention from Trion here? Maybe someone there could delete one or both my characters off of my account, I would gladly delete both of them right now if it meant I get to play this weekened. Please, I beg for sanities sake, help me.

thebratking
09-19-2014, 04:37 PM
OR it could be that players who do not have characters yet roll over on the new servers and reduce queue on existing servers by a bit?

OR they give free accounts the ability to regain labor points while offline so a quarter the server isn't AFKing.
OR they offer transfers.

Don't get me wrong -- they're doing a good thing by introducing the new servers. However, they're thumbing their nose at the people who paid for a subscription and are now stuck in limbo by not offering some alternative to deleting an existing character (that a lot of us can't access because of the wait).

Fogrum
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Why? FTP can't own land so the brand new land grab is useless to them. This is also going to alleviate server queue stress on the original servers. Don't add servers and people ♥♥♥♥♥. Add servers and people ♥♥♥♥♥.

ScopeDown
So... If my friends want to join me in Kyrios to play, it's disabled and they can't...? Welp that's just great =/

(Considering they haven't been able to login the past 3 days to even make a character with the ridiculous Queue)

shady
@Scapes Do you guys even think this stuff through or you guys over there just pushing buttons?

Grimspiller
09-19-2014, 04:39 PM
What is capacity of one server (max population)? If it's not a secret.

Nary Potato Head
09-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Both servers have a queue already x.x lol

ActAFool
Instead of what appears to be milking people for money, the servers should have been available for the (f2p) launch. TRION knew how many packs were sold and the queue for the headstart shouldve been a clear indicator of what was going on.

Preventing new characters (starting now) from being made when the queue is already 3200+ is poor planning. Preventing new characters from being made and adding new servers shouldve been done much sooner.

The way this was handled is a slap in the face and just adds insult to injury.

Infraction
You guys really cant help yourself can you.

One step forward two steps back.

Here are new servers but if you have no slots left you have to login to the existing server to delete. Then you can create on the new server.

Nary Potato Head
09-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Instead of what appears to be milking people for money, the servers should have been available for the (f2p) launch. TRION knew how many packs were sold and the queue for the headstart shouldve been a clear indicator of what was going on.

Preventing new characters (starting now) from being made when the queue is already 3200+ is poor planning. Preventing new characters from being made and adding new servers shouldve been done much sooner.

The way this was handled is a slap in the face and just adds insult to injury.

You are welcome to express your opinion, but something is better than nothing

eqarigon
09-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Being able to offer character transfers should of existed before game when live. Server inbalance always happends on launch. This morning Kyrios at 7am cst at 2000 person Q. I check Aranzeb at the same time 130 people in Q. Char transfer should of been part of your ♥♥♥♥ hit the fan arsenal.

I appreciate the new servers, and i understand why your cautious but a transfer program should of existed and ready to go at launch. You all gotta fix the afk in game or select screen issue. implement a tempory until Qlines settle down pop box asking if they are still playing. Kickem out!

SweetAnubis
09-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I realize that server transfers are not yet implemented but will we ever see them? For me it's not so much the game progress that's an issue but more the "you only get theses founder perks on your first character" that concerns me. That and without server transfers many players will stay where they are because of guilds. Many of these guilds are huge and would take a massive load off the old servers if they could transfer.

Also is there any chance of server cap increase? At the very least increase the patron cap so more paying players can jump on existing servers. I would recommend increasing the patron cap on servers or looking at your average queue for each server and increasing the caps by that much. Sure there will still be queues at peak times but it wont be hell-queue.

I love this game to death and i want to see it do well but the small server sizes for a game that is largely based around which guild has the numbers having nasty queues and small servers is horrid. I also see the issue of not wanting to have dead servers thus why you guys are being careful with adding new servers but increasing server cap would help immensely and server caps can be reduced when things cool down.

Necromancer
09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Well thank you, but new servers does me no good :(

I already have 6 characters made... 4 on Kryios and 2 on Aranzeb

sjsmit12
09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Someone needs to lose their jobs over this. I've been in Queue for an hour and a half. Went from 3000+ to 2300. So I got 2 more hours, for Patron/Founder queue. I don't know what excuses you guys tell yourselves to justify such horrible hardware service to us, but you really need to be fired.

On a side note, grats to "Hey You Guys" for getting that Enza Cutter built a few days ago. Was awesome. (Ollo/Nuian)

Add another 10 servers, I spend half of my paid "Patron" status in queue waiting on you guys to get out of your cubicle and hire an IT firm.

You could lose your job, then there'd be nothing in the way of you waiting to get in.

But seriously though, how does adding new servers address the capacity issues of the existing servers? People with long established characters and guild relationships aren't going to just drop everything and switch to a new server... I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about server hardware or anything, but isn't there some way to increase the maximum number of concurrent players??

jdodd
09-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Just disconnected after a FOUR ♥♥♥♥ING HOUR WAIT! So much for the new servers!

ActAFool
You are welcome to express your opinion, but something is better than nothing

Something is better than nothing? Which something is this? As it stands, i paid for a patron status that i cannot use because im sitting a in queue for longer than i play.

Do you not see anything wrong with this? How do you think WoW would have fared if everyone that bought monthly subs sat in a 2hr+ queue everytime they tried to log in?

ScopeDown
I realize that server transfers are not yet implemented but will we ever see them? For me it's not so much the game progress that's an issue but more the "you only get theses founder perks on your first character" that concerns me. That and without server transfers many players will stay where they are because of guilds. Many of these guilds are huge and would take a massive load off the old servers if they could transfer.

Also is there any chance of server cap increase? At the very least increase the patron cap so more paying players can jump on existing servers. I would recommend increasing the patron cap on servers or looking at your average queue for each server and increasing the caps by that much. Sure there will still be queues at peak times but it wont be hell-queue.

I love this game to death and i want to see it do well but the small server sizes for a game that is largely based around which guild has the numbers having nasty queues and small servers is horrid. I also see the issue of not wanting to have dead servers thus why you guys are being careful with adding new servers but increasing server cap would help immensely and server caps can be reduced when things cool down.

They said lots of times they're working on Server Transfers, but who knows how long that would take.

Last they said they were monitoring or something to see if the servers could handle it? Idk... Sure hope current servers can be upgraded.

CrazyJo
I can not connected to all servers except the top two i can get on. https://imageshack.com/i/pc9RAbIRp

Galil
09-19-2014, 04:46 PM
You guys really cant help yourself can you.

One step forward two steps back.

Here are new servers but if you have no slots left you have to login to the existing server to delete. Then you can create on the new server.

I have a character on Ollo and a Character on Kyrios. I paid for the $150 founder pack, I havent been able to get into either server since the 17th to even delete my characters. I was just in the queue for 5 hours tonight on Ollo but was still at about 1000th in line to get in. I need a refund. I paid for a product I have not received. The new servers already have a queue after being online for like 15 minutes.

Nary Potato Head
09-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Something is better than nothing? Which something is this? As it stands, i paid for a patron status that i cannot use because im sitting a in queue for longer than i play.

Do you not see anything wrong with this? How do you think WoW would have fared if everyone that bought monthly subs sat in a 2hr+ queue everytime they tried to log in?

Im a gold founder. Ive been sitting in queues since headstart. ♥♥♥♥ happens. At least they are doing something and not running with your money like the warz dev did to others.

shady
09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
I can not connected to new servershttp://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv305/jojo4948/Game%20Pics/Untitled.png (http://s694.photobucket.com/user/jojo4948/media/Game%20Pics/Untitled.png.html)

You already have 2 characters you have to log into one and delete one first.

ScopeDown
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I can not connected to new servershttp://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv305/jojo4948/Game%20Pics/Untitled.png (http://s694.photobucket.com/user/jojo4948/media/Game%20Pics/Untitled.png.html)

Your account can only have 2 characters unless you pay to allow up to 6 for an account. Since you already have 2, you have to login to an existing server and delete the character. Then go back to server select and enter the new servers.

Grimspiller
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I see keeping a secret on number of capacity. Smart move Scapes.

Vedrix
09-19-2014, 04:50 PM
You have over 40,000 people in a queue and you only launch two more servers? Didn't know this was April 1st.

sjsmit12
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM
I see keeping a secret on number of capacity. Smart move Scapes.

It probably wouldn't be a secret if it wasn't a number they know we'd be upset about.

Assassin
3000+ Queue

I'm done.

Calling Bank to file a Charge Back.

danger
So no one know the capacity for fresh servers. Both already have a Q on them.

tekkas
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM

and what about compensation for those who lost farms? etc? and lost patron labour time and loyality tokens

Grimspiller
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Didn't you know when J. Song created this game he didn't intended to have queues part of gameplay.

Waypoc
09-19-2014, 04:54 PM
new servers were insta-queued. LOL

Noodlestein
09-19-2014, 04:54 PM
3000+ Queue

I'm done.

Have fun with that.
/s

Wrz
09-19-2014, 04:55 PM

I concur wholeheartedly.

Look what happened to Wildstar just released 3 months ago after adding too many servers.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/756741-wildstars-megaservers-reduce-server-list-32-4

Mav
09-19-2014, 04:56 PM

But I have a free character slot YET I CAN'T LOG INTO ANY OF THE NEW SERVERS (grayed out). YES I AM TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE NOTHING GOOD GETS DONE AROUND HERE. IT'S LIKE I AM TAKING CRAZY PILLS.

Technohic
09-19-2014, 04:58 PM
With as fast as even the new servers fill up seemingly with no relief on old server Qs, are we sure this is players and not bots and gold farmers?

They should launch a Patron only server and a FTP only server where FTP can buy land and see what happens.

Elinea
Bought an additional character slot. Can only create a third character on the same server I'm already on, and will not let me create my additional character on the new server. I tried to delete a character, but for whatever reason, it takes a full day for the deletion to happen. I swear I'm about to give up.

Concubine
Heard rumors two more servers will be coming up tonight. Is this true?

Turbina
deberias implementear 2 servidores hechos solo para gente de habla hispana y veran como se aligeran las colas deconeccion

Salvadori
09-19-2014, 04:59 PM
patron status now !!!!!

Mav
With as fast as even the new servers fill up seemingly with no relief on old server Qs, are we sure this is players and not bots and gold farmers?

They should launch a Patron only server and a FTP only server where FTP can buy land and see what happens.

I am surprised that they haven't launched a Patron Only server for at least the first week to make up for the crap they called a "headstart" which was the main selling point of the founder packs. Can't believe how dumb this launch has been.

Grimspiller
Sorry for trolling but it would be nice if Trion give titles to player who spent most time in queue. Example queuer of the month, or megaqueuer, queuer for life :D

Nary Potato Head
09-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Sorry for trolling but it would be nice if Trion give titles to player who spent most time in queue. Example queuer of the month, or megaqueuer, queuer for life :D

I like you

thebratking
09-19-2014, 05:02 PM

Humor is always appreciated. I vote for "Barbequeued," myself. ;)

Technohic
09-19-2014, 05:02 PM

Don't forget Queue Queuer.

Wrz
09-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Thank you Trion for doing this conservatively and tastefully. So many MMORPGs have tried to solve a temporary problem (queues) which occur with every single MMORPG launch by rolling out too many servers. But I see that you are not rushing your decisions to roll out new servers and am confident us players won't have ghost towns in 3 weeks like has unfortunately happened with dozens of MMORPGs I've played after the first month.

To other people waiting in queue like I do: just move ArcheAge into another monitor. It does not use much of your video card while in queue. You can load up another game or play a video in your primary. And then the time will pass so quick you will be in-game before you know it. Example: http://i.imgur.com/jQoN2Sq.jpg

Denton
09-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I thought they would bring up 4 new ones , I think people are trying to delete characters to move to a new server as it looks like some of the servers have new char creation blocked. Maybe and Just maybe things might settle down tomorrow after people have had a chance to delete and move on. I am staying put because I know mine might empty out .

Technohic
09-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you Trion for doing this conservatively and tastefully. So many MMORPGs have tried to solve a temporary problem (queues) which occur with every single MMORPG launch by rolling out too many servers. But I see that you are not rushing your decisions to roll out new servers and am confident us players won't have ghost towns in 3 weeks like has unfortunately happened with dozens of MMORPGs I've played after the first month.

To other people waiting in queue like I do: just move ArcheAge into another monitor. It does not use much of your video card while in queue. You can load up another game or play a video in your primary. And then the time will pass so quick you will be in-game before you know it. Example: http://i.imgur.com/jQoN2Sq.jpg

Yeah, I actually agree with the idea. Just annoying when you only have a couple hours or so. I have my taxes all paid up my land though, so thats good.

Natsu Dragneel
09-19-2014, 05:08 PM
The new servers did nothing at all to help the queue.

shady
09-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Already a massive amount of gold spammers in Lucius....pathetic

Poosammich
09-19-2014, 05:09 PM

We've added two new worlds to our North American server list: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA)! These servers were racked (physically installed) and imaged (updated with ArcheAge server software) in our Texas data center all in the past day. Here you can see Ezi and Lucius in their new home with Senior Systems Engineer Jonathan Johnson. (https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/513072894033657856) These two servers will be on the new Auction House cluster 5 (AH5). These new servers are now online and available to play right now: Friday September 19 at 4:15 PM PDT (GMT-7).

We also have new European servers en route to our Amsterdam data center, currently passing through international customs at this very moment. They're making their way to being live as quickly as possible. For more on this, please check out our Launch FAQ (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52767-ArcheAge-Launch-Frequently-Asked-Questions-(Updated-9-19-at-1-00-PM-PDT))! Additionally, the NA servers Kyrios, Ollo, and Salphira have been temporarily closed to new character creation.

NOTE: If your character slots are full, you will not be able to make a new character on the new servers until you log into one of them and either delete an existing character or purchase an additional character slot.

Oh hurray 2 new Queue's to wait through....

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/mamabear0506/FAIL_zpse93ec009.png

Kalashnikov
09-19-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't see those new servers, don't know why! but the queue problem is the same as before.

I started my queue at 11:00 AM (GTM-3) .... not it's 9:11 PM ..... still waiting, 200 people before me.

Pang
09-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Seeing as how thats is pretty much exactly what happened during WoW's launch, + server crashes, long downtime and server being taken offline, i'd say they came out of it rather well.

Poosammich
09-19-2014, 05:14 PM

Your masking the fact that a half day queue is unacceptable.... A queue in a general sense on launch day in my experience is 1-2 hrs...... Not this ♥♥♥♥ storm....O and to touch on your ghost town comment. I think you and the gold sellers who remain will have a great time... Its a load of crap they knew how many people purchased the game, and still launched without enough servers... How many servers in the Korean or Russian versions?

Such a mishandled mess!

Protip: when you launch without enough hardware accommodate early adopters you fail.

Pang
The new servers did nothing at all to help the queue.

Because unfortunately you have to login to make space in order to roll on new server if you already have 2 characters. So new servers won't have any effect for a day or two.

shady
Seeing as how thats is pretty much exactly what happened during WoW's launch, + server crashes, long downtime and server being taken offline, i'd say they came out of it rather well.

I've never sat in a queue longer than 5-10 minutes with WoW or any of the expansions.

Ark
Just so you know there is already a queue on both of these servers lol...

The queue hasn't changed on any servers even with those new ones. You must allow us to transfer via the account management so that we can start somewhere else. You must figure something out because this is obviously totally out of control to the point that it is now clear Trion is completely overwhelmed by the present situation and does not know how to solve it.

WorkerChang
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Cool, still no patron for Europe, pls another publisher for eu

shady
09-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Well that almost helped

Pang
I've never sat in a queue longer than 5-10 minutes with WoW or any of the expansions.

Then you were lucky, but for most WoW's launch was MUCH worse then this.

Urthorn

Of course, more money grabbing to pay for those servers. Your band-aid isn't working. I suggest you make a psychiatric appointment soon, you will have to get some help with all of those voices in your head. All of that hatred aimed at you, the point of contact for all of this hate and vitriol, it will start to wear on you. Poor bastard. Good luck...

Rosta
09-19-2014, 05:17 PM

I would love to do that except that would mean having to log on to the server that has 3000+ people just to delete my character. Just another way this game irritates players. Have the queue after you select your character or have the abilities to manage your characters before entering the world/ or manage outside of the game!

Mortal Koil
09-19-2014, 05:17 PM

Why would you make servers no one can transfer to? Did you really think we'd all reroll? Essentially making our time spent thus far feel like even more of a waste? well guess what. The 2200 people in cue ahead of me haven't rerolled and neither will I. So that Idea backfired. Now you have two empty servers Plus 6 over populated ones...Im humiliated for you.

Urthorn
09-19-2014, 05:18 PM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, I did not have a problem with that games launch. I never sat in a queue. Of course I only played it for a few months so I can't comment on any expansions.

Rosta
I am patron status but cant make a character on another server because i have two characters on one server already but cant log on to that server to delete one until i wait in the queue that has over 3000+ players......stupidest thing ever. I was completely fine with the issues until now....enough is enough!

Sirrah Greed
You could lose your job, then there'd be nothing in the way of you waiting to get in.

But seriously though, how does adding new servers address the capacity issues of the existing servers? People with long established characters and guild relationships aren't going to just drop everything and switch to a new server... I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about server hardware or anything, but isn't there some way to increase the maximum number of concurrent players??

Quitting my job helps me none, as I play this game at work, at night/the afternoon when the queue is extreme. Just one of those perks.

New servers are more likely to influx NEW players or Under leveled players (preferably guilds worth of them) to restart with a better average per played character. More servers should have been available from the start.

Poosammich
09-19-2014, 05:19 PM
I really do feel for Scapes.... He's just trying to do his best/job, but unfortunately all his efforts are for nawt. You can't fix stupid. If you have a hand in a game that can't handle too many concurrent users then there should be character caps or some other safeguard in place on the server so this doesn't happen.

Because when people are forced to wait for things they've already purchased they get pretty grumpy.

tumdumm
any eta on old servers unlocking? first successful queue (10 hours this time, been trying since launch) and find out you can't make new characters. would have been nice to announce that a little more clear on server select. or if it was really only 4 hours ago maybe let the people that had already been waiting to create...create?
inb4 someone tells me i should have paid to play

Prfella

Believe it or not, WoW's launch was worst. Why? get this: the servers were offline for weeks at a time (one period lasted 2 weeks). And yes they also had 2 hour ques.

So now I ask you, what would you rather have, a 2 hour que? or a 2 week period of servers being offline.

Vonhellsing
09-19-2014, 05:21 PM
http://prntscr.com/4ofr4c

02 servers is nothing! I want my money back, i QUIT, 12 hours try play after paid 150$ its insane.
this is second screen shot, i start at 9pm (GMT-3) wait at 2pm when gods kick me from queue, try again at 4 pm when new servers up my position jump from 1897 to more than 3k in same server.

I QUIT! GIVE MY MONEY BACK i´ll play other game. Worst publisher thats i see in my life, more than 10 years that´s i play MMO´s all paid, and never see this MESS. Support with more than 120 hours to give one feedback, 12 hours in queue, CRAP! thx per F@#$$ one of most nice games thats i try play.

Pang
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, I did not have a problem with that games launch. I never sat in a queue. Of course I only played it for a few months so I can't comment on any expansions.

just google it or ask anyone. Servers were constantly crashing, queues, D/Cs, lag. yeah AA qeues suck but there have been no constant server crashing or major downtimes.

Sirrah Greed
I like you

Queue Continium

Wrz
09-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Your masking the fact that a half day queue is unacceptable.... A queue in a general sense on launch day in my experience is 1-2 hrs...... Not this ♥♥♥♥ storm....O and to touch on your ghost town comment. I think you and the gold sellers who remain will have a great time... Its a load of crap they knew how many people purchased the game, and still launched without enough servers... How many servers in the Korean or Russian versions?

Such a mishandled mess!

Protip: when you launch without enough hardware accommodate early adopters you fail.

Yes in Korea they have a bunch of servers, and they are also now having a low population crisis. This is what happens when too many servers are added to cave to a temporary problem. And because land is not instanced in ArcheAge and its up to XL Games to do so or not, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Trion to merge an AA server without resetting everyone's land ownership.

"Waiting for the merges and transports. That server list looks depressing. It was exactly the same last weekend on prime time hours. "

Look here: http://archeagesource.com/topic/1901-most-populated-server-overall/

Mav
any eta on old servers unlocking? first successful queue (10 hours this time, been trying since launch) and find out you can't make new characters. would have been nice to announce that a little more clear on server select. or if it was really only 4 hours ago maybe let the people that had already been waiting to create...create?
inb4 someone tells me i should have paid to play

The old servers that have a character restriction needed it a long time ago. Our queues are insane, there is nothing stopping F2P players before now. It's the only thing so far I've agreed with, a bit late but needed.

ScopeDown

Everyone keeps comparing this to WoW. Then you realize how long ago that was, all those years and think. It's nearing the end of 2014, this shouldn't be that bad.

Nary Potato Head
09-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Queue Continium

queuerious

Sirrah Greed
Everyone keeps comparing this to WoW. Then you realize how long ago that was, all those years and think. It's nearing the end of 2014, this shouldn't be that bad.

When you think of how many MMOs came out beginning in 1997, it's even worse.

Pang

Thats kind of the point. Compared to past MMO's this isn't all that bad, there's been worse. People just bring up WoW cause its the most popular, Im sure there are worse recent examples as well.

d0ugz
09-19-2014, 05:25 PM
i am the only who thinks the only way to get things straight.... is to add 15 servers to NA, refund the cash spent from patron/ founders players... and wipe this ♥♥♥♥ out? so people and clans could organize which server to pick and this queue thing vanish at once?

maybe its even harder to refund players, maybe a big rollback? till headstart...
srsly, adding more servers aren't solving fully the problem '-'

thebratking
09-19-2014, 05:26 PM
queuerious

Inqueuerable

monsters2343
09-19-2014, 05:26 PM
I see all these people whining and crying for this and that. One of the main things being adding more capacity to the servers. Well they have done that but if they add too much more in a game where most things are not instanced then the completion of quests becomes even harder with soo many people trying to kill the same thing especially if it is one of the open world boss type things. Not only is there that issue but more people allowed in would cause excessive lag on the system. I would be all for increased capacity if this was sorta like wow and you have instances for the dungeons and raid areas but that is not the case.

shady
09-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Believe it or not, WoW's launch was worst. Why? get this: the servers were offline for weeks at a time (one period lasted 2 weeks). And yes they also had 2 hour ques.

So now I ask you, what would you rather have, a 2 hour que? or a 2 week period of servers being offline.

I'll take the 2 weeks offline if it fixes the issues we have now.

Rosta
09-19-2014, 05:28 PM
i am the only who thinks the only way to get things straight.... is to add 15 servers to NA, refund the cash spent from patron/ founders players... and wipe this ♥♥♥♥ out? so people and clans could organize which server to pick and this queue thing vanish at once?

maybe its even harder to refund players, maybe a big rollback? till headstart...
srsly, adding more servers aren't solving fully the problem '-'

I agree, so they add new servers in hopes that we move to those new servers but then all the REAL money that we spend ingame is not refunded and the "head start" is then wasted!

Poosammich
"Waiting for the merges and transports. That server list looks depressing. It was exactly the same last weekend on prime time hours. "Look here: http://archeagesource.com/topic/1901-most-populated-server-overall/

I know and thats half of my issue with this whole damned thing. You don't even have the capacity to allow your Pre-orders to play!? At headstart!? Give me a break. Maybe we should start calling their server team/teams Emit collectively... Because they're heads are so prodigiously empty.....

Fogrum
3000+ Queue

I'm done.

Hope this is your first charge back. Can wreck your credit score if you do it more than a couple of times. Knew a guy who used charge backs for every digital purchase he regretted making. When he went to check his credit score for a car purchase it had tanked and he was unable to get a lease.

Nary Potato Head
I'll take the 2 weeks offline if it fixes the issues we have now.

You say that now.

Prfella
09-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Wrong. Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and Wildstar, all recent MMOs that were launched in the last 2 years, and ALL, I repeat, ALL of those games had the same problems that both WoW had 10 years ago, and that AA is having now. The only thing that I have seen that has been remedied after so many years is the issue WoW had with the servers being offline for 2 weeks. I havent seen that since then.

monsters2343
09-19-2014, 05:30 PM

People compare this to WoW but that was then and this is now. A good deal more people play these types of games now then way back then and even then they had issues. Yes this could have gone better and you still even with the new servers have folks calling for more servers. Well take a look at wildstar. There was a call for more servers to help the influx of players well they went overboard and added a ton . Now what do they do well they are smashing them 36 servers to i believe 4 megaservers. I doubt anyone would want that or would want ghost town like servers due to the pain and outcry it would cause if they did end up needing to merge servers.

valkathon
09-19-2014, 05:31 PM
How about adding 2 or 3 new servers and offer transfers. I was going to post a pic but it won't let upload from my phone but anyway I tried to login 3288 in queue an hour later it was 2475 for several minutes so I tabbed out to find it had a popup saying login failure I hit ok and it closed the game. Loaded the game to find it saying server login lost and did it again and am now 3116 in line this was done an hour ago so now it's been 2.5 hours and not close. Come on and ole servers with transfer give founders a week to complete a free 1 transfer and if down the road a server is to Baden ppl can do a paid transfer. Or put my patron service on pause. And give my lack of head start compensation.

thebratking
09-19-2014, 05:31 PM
You say that now.

As long as our patron status is bridged, I'd gladly wait two weeks for them to get their ducks in a row (and not all bobbing in the same pond).

ScopeDown
09-19-2014, 05:33 PM
People compare this to WoW but that was then and this is now. A good deal more people play these types of games now then way back then and even then they had issues. Yes this could have gone better and you still even with the new servers have folks calling for more servers. Well take a look at wildstar. There was a call for more servers to help the influx of players well they went overboard and added a ton . Now what do they do well they are smashing them 36 servers to i believe 4 megaservers. I doubt anyone would want that or would want ghost town like servers due to the pain and outcry it would cause if they did end up needing to merge servers.

At the current Queue rates, honestly it wouldn't be bad to add some more. 36 Servers is going overboard, 25-ish in Korea is also kinda meh. But it should be safe with at least 12 from the start of launch, not this 3+ hours for Patrons and most F2P not even getting to create a chara before they have no more time.

Could argue it could be worse, but at the same time this could have been dealt with better.

Kressilac
09-19-2014, 05:34 PM
" the NA servers Kyrios, Ollo, and Salphira have been temporarily closed to new character creation."

I just saw my Queue drop by like 200 people. Holy ♥♥♥♥.

Now they need to go kill all the accounts with gold spammers. Unfortunately, a friend of mine is a casualty in this process. I'd like to be able to transfer one of my character slots to him so he could play the game with the rest of us.

Wicked Haiku
09-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Now they need to go kill all the accounts with gold spammers. Unfortunately, a friend of mine is a casualty in this process. I'd like to be able to transfer one of my character slots to him so he could play the game with the rest of us.

That sucks man, good luck. This game is great, but it's hard to experience it with this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ going on.

Wrz
At the current Queue rates, honestly it wouldn't be bad to add some more. 36 Servers is going overboard, 25-ish in Korea is also kinda meh. But it should be safe with at least 12 from the start of launch, not this 3+ hours for Patrons and most F2P not even getting to create a chara before they have no more time.

Could argue it could be worse, but at the same time this could have been dealt with better.

Yep if we have 25 servers this is what it will look like in a month or less, 2 alive servers, the rest ghost towns even during primetime

http://i.imgur.com/rrnE84p.png

Archage fanboys blow
Nope...you are wrong. I played WoW since year 1 and never did it do this. It took me a bit to realize how much that game sucked. I can't even get in this game to see how bad this game is.
I also played GW2 since the beginning and these Queue's have never been seen.
Keep trolling Prfella

monsters2343
09-19-2014, 05:38 PM

a few more would be nice i agree seeing as even with the 2 new servers i tried to log on to Enla which i hadn't had a que of over 3k even as a F2P and it was 4100 so even my lesser populated server is now way over board in population. Maybe a nice round number of 10-12 servers woudl fix that but if it went any higher I am pretty sure that we would hit ghost towns in a month or 2

Gomi
09-19-2014, 05:39 PM
The link in the bottom of the article doesn't go anywhere. Just a heads up. :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?

skandal
09-19-2014, 05:40 PM
just open like 5 f2p servers, since you cant own land as f2p anyways, if you decide to become a patron you get a free server transfer

and you can merge them as it thins out and even move them onto permanent servers

Poosammich
The link in the bottom of the article doesn't go anywhere. Just a heads up. :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?

Yes! That made me giggle ty Gomi

Explorer
So I'm giggling like a little kid atm. Friend and I were talking about the game today. So how many servers? Well they need 4 already, but they will only open up 2 more. Right before the twitter post I popped on the server list. 2 new servers. UP status. Meh, an hour later checked, queue'd 900+. Other servers queue'd roughly 3500+. I must say this is a great game. I just wish I could login to play it. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for all the smoke to clear. Ok insert hate responses and rage below!!!

Chainers
09-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Honestly, in a month people will lose their zeal for this game, and queue times would be normal.

It sucks now, and Patrons should receive SOME kind of bonus to compensate, but wait out the storm if you want to play.

Feral
09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
and.. the patron que is 2000 gg. This games really sketchy the way its set up, you cant have too many servers.. but how much is too much? You can't combine servers because of the land ownership, and people cant really change servers because they would have to give up their land and have none of it on whichever they switch to.

It looks like theres some kind of domino effect that will happen eventually killing the populations, like alot of people will become extreamly powerful giving casual/f2p no chance so they will quit, populations will drop so the serious players might quit then the server is empty and the people still trying to play on it have little to do so it dies out further.

stl
09-19-2014, 05:44 PM
http://prntscr.com/4oga4w

Thank you Trion! Nice!

Fogrum
09-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Nope...you are wrong. I played WoW since year 1 and never did it do this. It took me a bit to realize how much that game sucked. I can't even get in this game to see how bad this game is.
I also played GW2 since the beginning and these Queue's have never been seen.
Keep trolling Prfella

WoW had 4+ hour queues at launch, and crash/DC bugs rampant for the first two months. Every expansion sees large 2+ hours queues on busy servers, and 15-20 minute queues during prime time even in the middle of an expansion.

GW2 used overflow servers, which is a technology you can't use with open world housing.

Bellew The Bear
09-19-2014, 05:46 PM

I don't understand why people continue to use WoW's launch to defend the poor launches of other titles. WoW's launch was 10 years ago. First and foremost, technology has changed since then. Technology is more capable now. No one expected WoW to become what it was. MMO's weren't the giants they are today until WoW. WoW had no examples to learn from. Archeage does however. How many MMO's need to have a disaster at launch before any lessons are learned. To say that ALL MMO launches are a disaster is not defending the situation, it's simply proving that no one is learning from each other and doing a better job. Obviously the issues this game is having right now could have been avoided, and hopefully they will be corrected before the game loses it's steam entirely.

Rhend
Again, we don't need more servers, we need the existing servers to have a higher capacity! The 6 starting servers are sitting at 2k+ queues with a few sitting at 3500+

Right now I literally have to log in at noon to play by 10pm...... And adding new servers will NOT fix that!

Jayham
With all due respect Scapes, I purchased a new character slot a couple of days ago (still have it available) however the other servers are still greyed out. The only server it has ever allowed my to use it on was the server I purchased it.

Assassin
09-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Hope this is your first charge back. Can wreck your credit score if you do it more than a couple of times. Knew a guy who used charge backs for every digital purchase he regretted making. When he went to check his credit score for a car purchase it had tanked and he was unable to get a lease.

Only charge back I have ever done - and I've played a LOT of games since the early days of EverQuest.

Wrz
09-19-2014, 05:48 PM
http://prntscr.com/4oga4w

Thank you Trion! Nice!

Try one of the two new servers they added, queue times are very low.

Salphira is one of the most populated servers, so of course it has a big queue. Those icons you see are restricting new characters from being made on it...

Thorgren
09-19-2014, 05:51 PM
A little more of a heads up next time you lock down a server Trion. I have been waiting for 7 hours to create a toon and now I read it has been for nothing.

ArtemisEntreri
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Piss off with your new servers. I refuse to wait in queue for more than 5 hours just to delete one of my characters I've worked so hard on. Is this a joke to you guys? First you screw many many people (including myself) on the head start by not being prepared in the least (you had a TON of time to prepare), and now this silly bs? I can't believe I spent $150 on this, what a mistake.

Wrz
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
A little more of a heads up next time you lock down a server Trion. I have been waiting for 7 hours to create a toon and now I read it has been for nothing.

They had to, or otherwise people (for whatever reason) would continue to gravitate towards the top 2 populated servers and never try to make a toon on the less populated ones, and would be here making threads about queue times because they connect to the top populated servers. Now this will balance out toons on less populated servers and help mitigate the issue of everyone trying to fill up only 1, 2, or 3 servers.

And doing this is a good way to ensure that the new servers won't end up ghost towns in a month like on the Korean servers where TWO servers are the only servers out of 25 that aren't ghost towns at 9PM Friday:

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 05:54 PM

Not (not you directly) even taking into account that youre talking about millions of players compared to 10s of thousands here.

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 05:57 PM
WoW had 4+ hour queues at launch, and crash/DC bugs rampant for the first two months. Every expansion sees large 2+ hours queues on busy servers, and 15-20 minute queues during prime time even in the middle of an expansion.

GW2 used overflow servers, which is a technology you can't use with open world housing.

Look at the number of players both games have. You trying to compare the 2 in that regard is laughable at best.

Rulezer
09-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Look What 2 New Server did to the server I'm on, Doubles the Queue.

http://i59.tinypic.com/f1gx08.jpg

Kishi
09-19-2014, 05:59 PM
You know what would be nice with these new servers? Moderators actively going in game and banning out those annoying gold sellers spamming up the place. Would clear up queues a bit. Sadly the Mods would have to wait in those 6-7 hour queues :1

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:00 PM
You know what would be nice with these new servers? Moderators actively going in game and banning out those annoying gold sellers spamming up the place. Would clear up queues a bit. Sadly the Mods would have to wait in those 6-7 hour queues :1

Lawl, like these guys have to wait in queues if they don't want to. Must be how they sleep at night.

sleepup
09-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Trion where you pay to queue

Drannon
09-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Adding more servers will in a way relief some of the cap issues with current servers (in the sense that brand new players will simply start on the new servers instead of waiting to join an existing one - To a certain extent!!) However, us players who have been playing on the first set of servers are not going to move to a new server. Isn't this easy to understand? Why would we want to start new when we are set up with our guilds and friends?? Add more servers, sure, but also increase the capacity of the existing servers. I haven't been following every single Trion post, so I don't know if they plan to do this - but it must be done. You want to keep your new customers happy by allowing them to get into the game quickly, but you can't forget about the trailblazers that have supported you since the beginning. Increase the cap, because non of us founder+ accounts are going to start on a new server.

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
While we're at it, land wouldnt be an issue if accounts were limited to 1 plot.

Rulezer
09-19-2014, 06:03 PM

Salphira is one of the most populated servers, so of course it has a big queue. Those icons you see are restricting new characters from being made on it...

Problem is that No One is going to log out so you are still stuck in a Long Queue.....

Kieron
09-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I am a Patron/Founder that has been unable to get/wait through the immeasurable queue since Sunday. After reading the post from the CEO I thought maybe there was a glimmer of hope, that something may be done about all the cheating afker's (no matter their method to stay online and screw the rest of us who also paid) but I have been in the queue going on 8 hours now with over 400 people still ahead of me. You are not doing enough to provide the simplest functionality to those who invested money and time into your game before it went live, the ability to PLAY. In what world is even 2+ hour queues acceptable today to those who have paid well to play your game let alone queues 8 hours and counting. You greedy incompetent thieves!

ridic
09-19-2014, 06:06 PM
The only thing this has negated is waiting in a 5k+ queue.
I am literally sitting in only a 2.3k queue, but last night it was 1.9k and that took 2 HOURS to be able to play for 1 hour b4 i had to go to bed for work.
Now get this straight trion paying customers deserve what they paid for.

Drannon
09-19-2014, 06:06 PM
FIX:

Start doing AFK checks more often - to those running in game into a rock / sitting on login screen.

HOW?:

Server restarts - once every 2 hours or so. At least this way people who are actually playing can reconnect with a lower queue, those taking up space being afk can suck it.

DISCONNECTS DURING QUEUE:

Give those disconnected during the queue back their queue position - this has happened to me once a day where I queue at lunch break, expecting to play after work only to see my queue is stuck at 2k and I have to restart.

PATRON QUEUE:

Does this still exist? It seems that everyone is stuck in a normal queue, is there an indication of who is / isn't in the patron queue??

Wrz
09-19-2014, 06:07 PM
While we're at it, land wouldnt be an issue if accounts were limited to 1 plot.

That would be contrary to a sandbox MMORPG. Sandbox means freedom including the freedom to engage in laissez-faire free enterprise.

stl
09-19-2014, 06:07 PM

I play in the salphira server.

Chainers
09-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Problem is that No One is going to log out so you are still stuck in a Long Queue.....

This is the problem. Once people are in they don't want to leave.

Wrz
09-19-2014, 06:09 PM
FIX:

Start doing AFK checks more often - to those running in game into a rock / sitting on login screen.

HOW?:

Server restarts - once every 2 hours or so. At least this way people who are actually playing can reconnect with a lower queue, those taking up space being afk can suck it.

Then there'd be endless threads of people complaining about losing their place in queue because of the restarts. Look what happened when they did a six hour maintenance recently: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?48034-ArcheAge-Server-Maintenance-9-17-14-at-3-00-AM-amp-7-00-PM-PDT-%28GMT-7%29

Not too many "Thanks Trion" posts in that thread, its all mostly rage at Trion for trying to fix problems. It seems Trion is in between a rock and a hard place here, people demand they fix things, and when they bring down servers people rage at them for fixing things.

Drannon
09-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Refer to Queue disconnects - we should not lose our place in queue when the server restarts.

elrostih88
09-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Now they need to release Server Transfers for one time use only.

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
This is the problem. Once people are in they don't want to leave.

Hotel California with the setting placed into a Hospital waiting room that has uncomfortable chairs and you have to pay your deductible at the door.

Thorgren
09-19-2014, 06:12 PM
They had to, or otherwise people (for whatever reason) would continue to gravitate towards the top 2 populated servers and never try to make a toon on the less populated ones, and would be here making threads about queue times because they connect to the top populated servers. Now this will balance out toons on less populated servers and help mitigate the issue of everyone trying to fill up only 1, 2, or 3 servers.

And doing this is a good way to ensure that the new servers won't end up ghost towns in a month like on the Korean servers where TWO servers are the only servers out of 25 that aren't ghost towns at 9PM Friday:

Oh I don't disagree with their aims. It would have been better if they took all of the servers down, added the new ones posted the start time and let 'er rip. I am just ♥♥♥♥♥ing about wasting another 7-8 hours trying to log in and create at least one damn toon. Now I will have to wait until the lock out is lifted.

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 06:12 PM
That would be contrary to a sandbox MMORPG. Sandbox means freedom including the freedom to engage in laissez-faire free enterprise.

You're a dunce. Explain how preventing 1 plot per account is against sandbox rpgs? Please direct me to the rules of what a sandbox must abide by and be. By your logic i should be able to attack anyone anywhere because freedom and all but guess what, you cant.

Please, see yourself out.

Drannon
09-19-2014, 06:13 PM
This all comes down to Trion not being prepared for a real launch. They've had alpha and beta tests - they saw the queue times in that. Why in the world would they think 6 servers could accommodate all the players coming in? They did not address the queue issue from prelaunch, and are now starting to address it. However, as a business it's a giant mistake trying to play catch up when they had the data beforehand to prevent this.

ElRyn
09-19-2014, 06:15 PM
5 days in a row, 2 plus hours in que, then disconnect every time, I love this game.

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 06:16 PM
This all comes down to Trion not being prepared for a real launch. They've had alpha and beta tests - they saw the queue times in that. Why in the world would they think 6 servers could accommodate all the players coming in? They did not address the queue issue from prelaunch, and are now starting to address it. However, as a business it's a giant mistake trying to play catch up when they had the data beforehand to prevent this.

Logic dictates that if there are queues PRE LAUNCH for the people that BOUGHT FOUNDER PACKS, there is going to be an even more ridiculous queue once the game goes live with F2P. The fact that they didnt provide more servers before launch or even attempt to acknowledge the the fact that the current servers were full should speak volumes.

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:19 PM
We want the name and contact information for the individual or specific group of individuals who are actually addressing this issue. Who the hell has 6 hours of free time a day to sit in a queue and still play the game were paying for? Everyone I know is having their logins start as early as possible and having to just go do other things and HOPE to login to see everyone and do something entertaining. This is seriously disgusting. We have jobs (unfortunately you do too) and families, among other responsibilities. This is like E-Highway Robbery.

Wrz
09-19-2014, 06:19 PM
You're a dunce. Explain how preventing 1 plot per account is against sandbox rpgs? Please direct me to the rules of what a sandbox must abide by and be. By your logic i should be able to attack anyone anywhere because freedom and all but guess what, you cant.

Please, see yourself out.

You CAN attack anyone anywhere after level 30 zones, that is why there are infamy points and a prison in-game... You can kill your own faction.

Unless you are comparing real life to a video game... I won't even dignify that with a response.

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:20 PM
You CAN attack anyone anywhere, that is why there are infamy points and a prison in-game...

Unless you are comparing real life to a video game... I won't even dignify that with a response.

Go to Solzreed, Dewstone Plains, Lilyhutt Hills, Gwen Forest and attack a same faction player. Right now. I want to see it on YouTube, since I can't get in to see it myself.

Boulde
09-19-2014, 06:21 PM
You CAN attack anyone anywhere, that is why there are infamy points and a prison in-game...

No you cannot attack anyone anywhere, there are pve zones where you cannot attack a person of your same faction. Did you even play the game?

Drannon
09-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Logic dictates that if there are queues PRE LAUNCH for the people that BOUGHT FOUNDER PACKS, there is going to be an even more ridiculous queue once the game goes live with F2P. The fact that they didnt provide more servers before launch or even attempt to acknowledge the the fact that the current servers were full should speak volumes.

Exactly, and this is somewhat disappointing considering Archeage is NOT Trion's first MMO. Even if it was, they have plenty of examples of other high demand MMOs that had capacity issues. Still they have failed to address the cap issues on existing servers, by adding more servers they are only fixing half the problem - Trion has to realize that players who are already playing on their current servers do not want to leave and start new on a fresh server. This is a GOOD thing for Trion if they take advantage of it. Keep current players happy = current players keep playing. Adding new servers makes us current players feel forgotten. At this rate we'll see 25 servers by October 30th, with most of them being ghost towns.

ridic
09-19-2014, 06:22 PM
You CAN attack anyone anywhere after level 30 zones, that is why there are infamy points and a prison in-game... You can kill your own faction.

clearly you missed the fact that there are safe zones right? you know the first ones you LEVELED IN. This queue is bringing out the darkside

Louis
09-19-2014, 06:22 PM
i hope these servers dont merge...

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:24 PM

It would look like this. http://images3.alphacoders.com/223/223197.jpg

Boulde
09-19-2014, 06:26 PM
I cannot join any server except the server I have characters on. The rest of the servers have their connect button greyed out, double clicking does nothing either. I have 2 characters made, I used 2 open character slots yesterday; so 2 open slots. Why am I forced to play on a server that I no longer want to play on? Also it is a 2000+ character que. I am a founder/patron.

Wrz

If they add too many servers, like happened with the Republic of Korea ArcheAge, then instead of dozens and dozens of threads complaining about queues, those same people will likely complain about their servers being dead and demand the impossible: that Trion merge the servers (impossible because of land ownership in a non-instanced game).

Case in point Re: Korea:

Trion is damned if they do damned if they don't it seems...

Eilios
I'm happy for this, but I'm still in a 4.5 hr queue. I just had 2 patron friends say they quit for good too. It's been 1 week since head start guys, this should have released with this many servers and locked character creation a loong time ago.

I still have 1400 people in front of me after 4.5 hrs. I started with 2800. That means, if the queue stays the same speed, the total queue will be nearly 9 hours for a paying patron...

ActAFool
09-19-2014, 06:27 PM

Please just ignore this wannabe troll. Either hes an employee or the biggest fanboy ever.

Eilios
09-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm happy for this, but I'm still in a 4.5 hr queue. I just had 2 patron friends say they quit for good too. It's been 1 week since head start guys, this should have released with this many servers and locked character creation a loong time ago.

I still have 1400 people in front of me after 4.5 hrs. I started with 2800. That means, if the queue stays the same speed, the total queue will be nearly 9 hours for a paying patron...

Kieron
09-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Please just ignore this wannabe troll. Either hes an employee or the biggest fanboy ever.

Wrz is absolutely a Trion employee or one of the most worthless Trolls ever. Either way I have, as have others, asked if he loves the game so much and has such little problems compared to the rest of us why does he have 577 posts (all promoting Trion and Archeage the Queue movie) instead of spending that time playing. Maybe he is one of those rare people that loves to give away his money and time because he has too much of it. I have begged, again not alone, for him to please leave the forums as no one has the patience for a mindless drone fanboy right now. Hey Trion since you can't make it so those of us who Alpha and Beta tested for you actually get to play the game can you put a feature on the forums so we can block certain users, just like in game (I think, its been so long since I got in), then our patience wouldn't be tried further. Pretty please?

Larane
09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Intended for Archeage staff: I believe you've done the best you could with what resources you've had. I've never heard of a F2P game adding servers so close to launch. Good luck with the server loads, and looking forward to playing your game. :)

sleepup
09-19-2014, 06:41 PM
how about allocating servers to PAYING customers

Eilios
09-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Intended for Archeage staff: I believe you've done the best you could with what resources you've had. I've never heard of a F2P game adding servers so close to launch. Good luck with the server loads, and looking forward to playing your game. :)

Thing is, it's not just f2p people so you really can't just hold that out.

ridic
09-19-2014, 06:52 PM
guys they just made a twitter reply to some1 and here's what they said
https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/513142286599733248

Sirrah Greed
09-19-2014, 06:52 PM

because they judged the population and demand and launched the an appropriate number. Just saying.

r3velin
09-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Wow, two whole servers! That should change queue times from 7 hrs to 6 hrs 50 min!

Arlan
09-19-2014, 06:54 PM
" Here you can see Ezi and Lucius in their new home with Senior Systems Engineer Jonathan Johnson "

Actually, I believe he's pointing at a storage array, not actual servers. ;) But assuming that array is to house all the world data - we're buying it! 8)

valkathon
09-19-2014, 06:57 PM
How about adding 2 or 3 new servers and offer transfers. I was going to post a pic but it won't let upload from my phone but anyway I tried to login 3288 in queue an hour later it was 2475 for several minutes so I tabbed out to find it had a popup saying login failure I hit ok and it closed the game. Loaded the game to find it saying server login lost and did it again and am now 3116 in line this was done an hour ago so now it's been 2.5 hours and not close. Come on and ole servers with transfer give founders a week to complete a free 1 transfer and if down the road a server is to Baden ppl can do a paid transfer. Or put my patron service on pause. And give my lack of head start compensation. 12:31 was the time stamp for the quoted post am now 2207 in line. Complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Not playable when I have to wait so long. If the pace holds including the first q I will have been in line for 8 hours. ♥♥♥♥ this ♥♥♥♥. You need to find a solution. Pause patron status or add servers with free founder transfer and figure out something for compensation. I expect a q but to be reasonable you can not call this reasonible.

Exzear
09-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Good news! wish we could swap servers tho/transfer because i have my 50 but would change server if it was possible

paracharlie
09-19-2014, 07:13 PM
1000 queue on Ezi and 900 on Lucius

Blainezy
09-19-2014, 07:14 PM
So you're telling me, that I have been in queue for over 7 hours on a server I now can't even make a character on? I haven't been able to log on at all this week because of queues... This is ridiculous.

Idea
09-19-2014, 07:18 PM
1000 queue on Ezi and 900 on Lucius

Is this really true?

3hrQprofessional
09-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Wow, two whole servers! That should change queue times from 7 hrs to 6 hrs 50 min!

too funny loved it!!!!!!
btw been in q ...four several hours i don't see much of a change with new servers....
Back to the dwg board?

CorbZ
09-19-2014, 07:19 PM
3800+ in Enla queue, what a bloody joke.

KheL
09-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice, 2 more servers with 1000+ queue..
nothing changed..

Blainezy
09-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Probably was when they first opened them..probably a lot more now lol.

Prfella
09-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Is this really true?

Yes. A friend of mine logged on 2 hours ago on Ezi and had a 600 que line. She was a non-patron though.

DAOWAce
09-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Well, I was going to be miffed about zero notice of new servers being added on the Glyph client (seriously, why even have notices there if you're not going to update them with new news? Ontop of that, the updates section doesn't even have all the damned news updates!), then saw they both have a queue.

Back to waiting for another one or two..

Not like I can actually make a new character, because 2 char slots is absolutely ludcrious (6 max, seriously?), and deleting one is impossible with a 4,000+ queue unless I leave the game up in the background and check it every 20 minutes.

Wahkan
09-19-2014, 07:33 PM
I bought a third character slot earlier today and this evening I tried to connect to Ezi to create a new character and it will not let me. I have two characters on Tahyang but this third slot should be open to create on this new server. WTH?

GottFaust
09-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Still not enough...

I'm currently sitting in a 4 hour PATRON queue on Naima which is one of the 'lower' population servers. We needed 20, not 2.

Dezarae
09-19-2014, 07:36 PM

One of my friends decided to download and try this out. Told him HE MUST make a character on the same server as me. He's been waiting for 7+hours aswell and I just had to tell him to cancel it because he wont be able to make a character..ugh..

sMoKe
09-19-2014, 07:37 PM
2 new Server will not cut it, increasing the SIZE should be the next thing to look at.
I have to join smalled queue to be able to play for my 1st time on the new EZI server.

Unfortunately all my guild is in Aranzeb, dozens of my friends I chat with all on Aranzeb, now I cannot play with them cuase the Queue is over 3 thousand people for the server with my guild.

This is the 1st time I can actually play the game, not with my guild, how is this reasonable?