PDA

View Full Version : Aier faction balance

Bearsus
09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Hello people of the Aier server! :--)

So this game has launched and I am loving it. What I am not loving however, are the 1-2k queues on most servers. As a patron, Aier lets me log into the game vastly faster! So I've decided to stick around. The community doesn't seem too bad either, there's quite a lot of spam but so's everywhere else at this point.

My only problem is that there, from my observations, seems to be a lot more Western players than Eastern. My higher lvl toon is West-side, but spent a few hours in game leveling a Harani and saw maybe a fraction of the amount of people I see on my main. Could've just been "bad luck", but it did worry me a lil considering end-game.

What are your thoughts on this? do you feel like one faction is ruling above the other? :--)

KyprosaMasterRace
09-19-2014, 06:53 PM
What are your thoughts on this? do you feel like one faction is ruling above the other? :--)

Wouldn't matter, western players can't fight solo anyway, looking at you [Eclipse].4vs1 carebears.

Habari
09-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Have to agree with OP, I managed to log in last night and the East starter zone at least, was almost empty...idk how this relates to higher levels...but I've seen more people then this in games a couple of years old.

Phale
09-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Well tbh ive experianced this problem before on aion its a problem all faction based games have its a hard thing to balance all i figured out is its normaly the first faction in selection that is the most popular maybe if the switch it round every now and again it could help with balance but that wont happen :)

surprisedu69
09-21-2014, 11:51 AM
the only difference here is that the 3rd faction pirate will balance a little the game i hope

jdfx
09-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Not sure how busy your starter zones are on the west right now but they were HEAVING on the east only a few days ago (obviously because of launch and a relatively new server).

Those people have now moved onto higher lvl places and new players can't get in right now due to server queues (they dont have the persistence we do I'd imagine, as we've invested time into chars already).

Kinda makes sense, it'll change I imagine with queue issues sorted.

Shiu
09-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Another hint would also be the Faction "looks". I mean, Western offers you to play more "classic" kind of character in a more "classic" universe. For the new player or the beginner in MMO's, It's often easier to start as an human or an elf in a European-medieval continent rather than starting in an Asian-oriented continent.

Bearsus
09-24-2014, 02:12 AM
It also occured to me that I think the Elf as a race isnt quite as popular as the Firran race. So maybe the reason the Eastern starting area (harani myself) seemed less populated for me is because there was just as many if not even more people in the Firran starting area. But I could be wrong. I'm level 29 on my Harani now (oops) and I'm definitely seeing a lot of people and the chats are very active. I wish there was a way to see the faction balance somewhere. I checked Gildex, but as Aier is a new server there were only 7 guilds listed (4 west 3 east).

ProtosX
09-25-2014, 04:04 AM
last time i logged in there are around 670 jury in queue. that means there are 670+ lv30-35+ players in western faction. Our newbie elves newbie area gweonid is also having minor activities possibly because of the new char restrictions. Western areas are also filled with people even around 2-4am in the early morning.

enu
10-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Ever tried to do the Golden Plains Halycona Battle? Im a Firran and NO ONE is standing there to pvp, i got trained from 100+ western players. We lost the whole battle in under 1minute. Thats just incredibly bad management from trion yet again.
Not to mention the super tiny spot the eastern got in hasla farms. The westerns are so dominant everywhere, even in low lvl zones are so maaaaany new players from the western, firran and harani starting zone is near dead.

brasteir
10-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't matter, western players can't fight solo anyway, looking at you [Eclipse].4vs1 carebears.

50's circle around lowbies like vultures in halcyona. the odds of getting a 1on1 are next to nil for either side. i'm getting tired of it because while i would like to build honor before 50, our 50's are swooping in for two shot kills and their 50's are bending me over a barrel. (sometimes, it's getting harder for them as i level up my tank :D)

Snoopies
10-08-2014, 01:36 AM
My Clan went to the Western side due to the fact we thought that they'd be the out numbered ones, as the Cats have a small advantage in pvp. We are disappointed to find that the West outnumbers the East by a lot from the amount I have seen, and in other games we'd switch but due to the land issues, we have some nice land in the West and the fact a no one wants to grind up Hasla again we will forgo switching for now.

Harurah
10-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I don't really understand why Kyprosa and Shatigon have already gotten west faction restrictions but we haven't, unless people have been making loads of eastern characters and not playing them.

Malikaia
10-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Yea i played dahuta as west which was majorly outnumbered by east so we thought we would reroll on another server for better balance, went east this time on aier and majorly outnumbered by west XD

Charrpatus
10-09-2014, 01:48 AM
the only unbalanced i really see, it's always in Halcyona war. In sea or contested territory is clearly less unbalanced.

Exaflare
10-11-2014, 05:32 AM
Well it's on the other continent for East players, that's 3 hereafter stones ! THREE

Feelsgoodman
10-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Me and a friend went out with our boat. 3 members of eclipse tried to harpoon and kill us. We turned on them, killed em all and took their boat for a spin... twice :)

Charrpatus
10-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Aier is so unbalanced.

Nothing to tell more.

brasteir
10-11-2014, 05:06 PM

I've got news for you pal. Everybody zerg balls. It's human nature. I can't take a piss without Kawashima Mizuki Dattebayo and friends popping out of stealth. I once had an amazing fight with this one guy who used to gank me in cinderstone when I was in my low 30's, i found him "alone" in hellswamp when i was 45 (he was 50). Vengeance was one hit away. I was so close to beating him until facerolling hasla primeval #29369 popped out of stealth and well you know...

But I mean, What can you do? Sit there and watch to see if your faction member wins the fight? Out of honor? Aren't duels for that?

ProtosX
10-11-2014, 10:40 PM
T_T i re-acquired Jury... and yesterday i was at 2466 on jury queue... til midnight i was at 1.2k+ something... fck... T_T one of the bad things that over population can do.

update: today at 2:40pm GMT west faction Jury queue...im at 2015 -_-" fck...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10375076_826973273990389_2146949370315703381_n.jpg ?oh=65b0585952d44908d4f0a4057833c2a3&oe=54BAE5B8&__gda__=1421977856_b161ffd37b502e964c0f4893bcdf769 6

philparry80
10-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Logged in earlier on the East side and had a similar 2,000 person wait for Jury service :-)

Exaflare
10-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Boo hoo, they can't be judges. Poor things